Here a list of characters that appear in Inu X Boku SS
Age: 15 (initial), 16 (at death), 15 (reincarnation, 23 years later)
A half-human, half-demon high school girl who transferred to Room 4 of Maison de Ayakashi in order to live alone. She yearns to be independent and constantly worries about not being able to communicate with other people properly, one of her reasons for moving. Her SS agent and servant is Soushi, a fox spirit she rescued long ago.
- Action Girl
- A-Cup Angst: Subverted. Unlike the usual Shana Clone, she's not really bothered by her lack of size (except when she meets Maid #1). Nobara likes this about her.
- Allergic to Love: Eventually gets over it.
- Arranged Marriage: With Kagerou.
- Badass Adorable
- Bad Liar
- Battle Couple: With Soushi.
- Bitch Alert: In-universe whenever Ririchiyo meets someone new.
- Blade on a Stick
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The brunette to blonde Nobara and redhead Karuta.
- Broken Bird
- Character Development: Ririchiyo is finally able to smile sincerely at Soushi by the end of the anime.
- Childhood Friends: With Renshou.
- Cry Cute
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Do It Yourself Theme Tune: "Kimi wa (You are)", ending theme for Episode 3.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Qualifies given her people skills and youkai blood.
- Flower in Her Hair: In her youkai form.
- Friendless Background
- Glowing Eyes of Doom
- Godiva Hair: In the shower.
- Hime Cut: Befitting her status as an Ojou. She just sports the bangs at first. However, her reincarnated self after the timeskip does sports the three lengths.
- Horned Humanoid: When she uses her demon side.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Tiny Girl to Soushi's Huge Guy.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Puts up an abrasive front, but is trying to grow out of it because she knows she'll only hurt the people around her.
- Kids Are Cruel: Was bullied as a child.
- Lady and Knight: She's the lady, Soushi is her knight.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The dark to Karuta's light.
- Like Brother and Sister: With Renshou.
- Little Miss Badass
- Little Miss Snarker
- Lonely Rich Kid
- May-December Romance: With Soushi.
- Meganekko: Sometimes.
- Mistress and Servant Boy: She's the mistress, Soushi's the servant.
- Morality Pet: To Soushi, to some extent.
- The Mourning After: After Soushi dies and she realizes his reincarnated self isn't the Soushi she fell in love with, she declares past Soushi is the only one she loves.
- No Social Skills
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: Of all of the characters, Ririchiyo is the only one who is the exact same age after the timeskip.
- Official Couple: With Soushi.
- Older Than She Looks
- The Perfectionist
- Power Dyes Your Hair: Her hair color becomes lighter in her youkai form.
- Protectorate: To Soushi.
- Purple Eyes
- Rapunzel Hair
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Karuta.
- Scarf of Asskicking: In her youkai form.
- Shana Clone: A variation. Aesthetically, she has all of the characteristics that place her firmly in the category, but her attitude shows that she hates her rudeness to outsiders and wishes to get along with people.
- She's Got Legs: Nobara sees this as her major charm point.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man
- Sour Outside Sad Inside
- Spoiled Sweet
- Stepford Snarker: Gradually growing out of this.
- Tearful Smile: When finally accepting the fact that Soushi is dead.
- The Three Faces of Eve: The Wife (the mentally older and sensible of the 3 main female characters).
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: She's tiny and very abrasive. Subverted since she actually wants to quit this attitude.
- Trauma Induced Amnesia: Her reincarnated self can't remember her past life at first due to the trauma of losing Soushi.
- Tsundere: Verging on Sugar and Ice Personality. Deconstructed as she finds this a bad habit, and tries her best to grow out of it. And if she does get out of hand, she tries to make up for it by writing really long apology letters. B-but it's not anything to take seriously! She was just practicing her penmanship after all!
- Tsurime Eyes
- The Unfavorite: While Ririchiyo was treated as a treasure back at home, her parents showered her younger sister with love while rejecting her.
- Unlimited Wardrobe
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Age: 22 (initial), 23 (at death), 21 (reincarnation, 23 years later)
The assigned SS Agent to Ririchiyo and her servant, Soushi is a half-kitsune whom Ririchiyo helped when she was little. Very calm, polite, and gentle to people, he has a soft spot for his master, blindly obeying her and protecting her with his life if the situation calls for it.
- Always Save the Girl: Soushi cares more about Ririchiyo than anything else.
- Attractive Bent Gender: His shapeshifting allow him to transform into a woman. Reincarnated Soushi, when visiting Ririchiyo during gym class one day, transformed into a girl because he hoped that Ririchiyo would be more comfortable with the company of a female. Naturally, all of the guys in her class are interested.
- Battle Butler: Even amongst an army of them in the form of the SS Agents, he stands out in his Undying Loyalty to Ririchiyo.
- Battle Couple: With Ririchiyo.
- Berserk Button: Harm Ririchiyo in any way, and you'll incur his wrath.
- Bishie Sparkle
- Bodyguard Crush: On Ririchiyo.
- Broken Ace: Soushi is good at virtually everything, but he's also a yandere stalker with a twisted personality who will do anything to get what he wants.
- The Charmer
- Cherry Blossoms: They appear whenever he transforms.
- Chick Magnet: It doesn't help that he takes ass-kissing Up to Eleven.
- Covert Pervert
- Crazy Jealous Guy: A calm variant.
- Reincarnated Soushi takes this a step further by being jealous and resentful of the past Soushi. Essentially, he's jealous of... himself.
- Dark and Troubled Past: His family raised him under house arrest from birth, so he pretended to be an Empty Shell to manipulate his way to freedom, and ended up in the service of Kagerou until he turned 20, at which point he was freed.
- Declaration of Protection: He declares he exists for the sake of protecting Ririchiyo.
- Dissonant Serenity: Connected with his twisted personality and morals.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Ririchiyo. The dogged is kind of a pun.
- Do It Yourself Theme Tune: "Rakuen no Photograph (Paradise of Photographs)", ending theme for Episode 3.
- Doppelgńnger Replacement Love Interest: Reincarnated Soushi tries to be this for reincarnated Ririchiyo, but she loves his past self only.
- Even the Guys Want Him
- Extreme Doormat: Totally willing to commit suicide for Ririchiyo's sake or if she declares she doesn't need him.
- Gold Digger: A... somewhat more sympathetic one before he became Kagerou's servant and met Ririchiyo.
- Guile Hero: More than willing to manipulate anyone into getting what he wants, including his own mistress, making it look like he's the one leading their relationship.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He dies protecting Ririchiyo from Inugami.
- Hopeless Suitor: Reincarnated Soushi for reincarnated Ririchiyo.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Huge Guy to Ririchiyo's Tiny Girl.
- Keigo: Speaks very respectfully under all circumstances.
- Lady and Knight: He's the knight, Ririchiyo is the lady.
- Ladykiller In Love
- Love Before First Sight: Kagerou made him write replies to the letters from Ririchiyo. Soushi got to know her rather well throughout her letters and eventually developed genuine feelings for her even though he had never met her before.
- May-December Romance: He is seven years older than Ririchiyo.
- Megane: Sometimes.
- Reincarnated Soushi wears glasses all the time, except when he is in his youkai form.
- Me's a Crowd: Has the ability to form clones of himself.
- Mismatched Eyes
- Mistress and Servant Boy: He's the servant, and quite an eager one at that.
- Official Couple: With Ririchiyo.
- Off with His Head!: This is how Inugami kills him.
- Petal Power: In his introduction, the window is open and Cherry Blossoms drift inside the hall around him. Petals are also used in his transformation scenes.
- Poisonous Friend: He is astoundingly loyal to Ririchiyo, but has no qualms about hurting others if they're in his way.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: His hair color becomes lighter in her youkai form.
- Professional Butt-Kisser: Before he met Ririchiyo.
- Satellite Love Interest: He declares his entire existence is solely for Ririchiyo's sake.
- Justified since he basically was an Empty Shell before he met Ririchiyo.
- Sharp Dressed Man
- Single-Target Sexuality: Ririchiyo-sexual.
- Stalker Shrine: For Ririchiyo.
- Stalker with a Crush: Complete with a photo-covered shrine to Ririchiyo in his apartment.
- Superpower Lottery: Soushi gets shapeshifting, shadow clones, super reflexes, super strength, and a cool sword, which is a lot more than most other atavists get.
- Taking Advantage of Generosity
- Tranquil Fury: Even when pissed off, he remains polite and respectful at all times.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: He can even turn into a girl!
- White Hair, Black Heart: His twisted and manipulative personality qualifies him for this trope.
Age: 17 (initial), 18 (during youkai raid), 41 (23 years later)
Voiced by: Yoshimasa Hosoya (Japanese), David Wald (English)
An Ittan-momen demon with several tattoos on his tanned skin, he is the tenant of Room 3. He's had a brother-sister relationship with Ririchiyo since childhood, which earns him Soushi's trust. His SS Agent is Nobara.
Age: 21 (initial), 22 (at death), 14 (reincarnation, 23 years later)
Voiced by: Yoko Hikasa
(Japanese), Shelley Calene-Black (English)
The assigned SS Agent to Renshou, Nobara is a Yuki-onna whose human form depicts her as a young woman wearing glasses. She likes girls and fashion so much so that, in her free time, she looks at adult magazines with beautiful women in them and shares them with Renshou.
- Absolute Cleavage
- Action Girl
- A-Cup Angst: Her reincarnated self's breasts are smaller than Ririchiyo's. Zange and Renshou do not fail to take notice.
- An Ice Person
- Berserk Button: Nobara loses it when Inugami reveals that all of his "playmates" are atavists that he forced into losing their human selves.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The blonde to readhead Karuta and brunette Ririchiyo.
- Boomerang Bigot
- Catch Phrase: "Maniac!"
- Does Not Like Men
- Do It Yourself Theme Tune: "Taiyou to Tsuki (Sun and Moon)", ending theme of episode 7 with Renshou.
- Gag Boobs: Loses them in her reincarnated self, in which she is a fourteen-year-old kid. Renshou and Zange do not fail to make fun of her for that.
- The Glasses Come Off: In her youkai form.
- Hot Chick in a Badass Suit
- Icy Blue Eyes
- Impossibly Low Neckline: In her youkai form.
- Joshikousei: After the timeskip.
- Lipstick Lesbian
- Loveable Sex Maniac
- Ms. Fanservice
- Obliviously Beautiful: Even though she's so appreciative of other girls' bodies, she doesn't notice other people's attention on her.
- Perverted Drooling: When thinking about girls. Sometimes accompanied by a Nosebleed.
- Sailor Fuku: Wears one in her reincarnation.
- Scarf of Asskicking: In her youkai form after the timeskip.
- Smart People Play Chess: In Episode 7 she's seen teaching Chino to play the Japanese equivalent, Shogi, which some regard as harder to play than chess (though she does lose). She then suggests playing a card game called Hana Fuda which also has some notoriously complex variations.
- Team Mom: For the girls.
- The Three Faces of Eve: The Seductress (the mature and sexy adult of the 3 main female characters).
- Token Lesbian
- Token Mini Moe: Post-Time Skip, for the agent side — she is revealed to have been reborn a year later than Ririchiyo, making her fourteen years old by the time we see her again 23 years after her death.
- Tranquil Fury: Whenever she gets angry, she's ice cold.
- Yuri Fan
Age: 22 (initial), 23 (at death), 20 (reincarnation, 23 years later)
Tenant of Room 2, Soushi, Banri, and Zange's former master, and Ririchiyo's fiancÚ. Kagerou is eccentric, straightforward, and narcissistic, calling the other tenants "pigs" or "human toilets". His SS agent is Karuta.
Age: 15 (initial), 16 (at death), 20 (reincarnation, 23 years later)
The assigned SS Agent to Kagerou, a Gashadokuro (large skeleton created from those who starved to death) whose human form is a teenage girl with pigtails. Though she appears to be "zoned out" most of the time, she's actually very clever and observant and likes tasty food.
- Action Girl
- Badass Adorable
- Beta Couple: With Banri.
- Big Eater: She is almost never seen without food in her hands. In fact, this is the focus of her ending theme.
- In episode 7 she shown to be on the realistic end of being an Extreme Omnivore, as while a whole lobster is food most people wouldn't eat the whole lobster, shell and all.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The redhead to blonde Nobara and brunette Ririchiyo.
- Bodyguard Crush: Her reincarnated self is Banri's agent.
- Break the Cutie
- Broken Bird: Her reincarnated self.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Gentle Girl to Banri's Brooding Boy.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Banri.
- The Comically Serious
- Cursed with Awesome: While her Gashadokuro powers are pretty strong, she laments the fact that her youkai form isn't cute.
- Curtains Match The Windows
- Cute Chick in a Badass Suit
- Dem Bones
- Do It Yourself Theme Tune: "sweets parade", ending theme for Episode 6.
- Effortless Amazonian Lift: Karuta pulls this off with Watanuki and Ririchiyo in Episode 6.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Go-Go Enslavement: Kagerou makes Karuta wear outfits like a French Maid Outfit and a Qipao plus a Slave Collar when he visits, but she doesn't mind.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: She asks Watanuki to kill her after she is left trapped in her demon form, but Watanuki refuses and tells her that he'll be with her forever no matter what happens.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The light to Ririchiyo's dark.
- Moe Stare
- Nice Girl
- Protectorate: To Banri. Not that she needs his protection.
- The Quiet One
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Ririchiyo.
- Rose-Haired Girl
- She Is All Grown Up: The reincarnated Karuta is already 20 years old — the oldest female in the household — and has let her hair loose (in addition to being bustier) by the time she is seen again, 23 years after she died at the tender age of sixteen.
- The Stoic
- Strange Girl
- Supreme Chef
- Tareme Eyes
- The Three Faces of Eve: The Child (the innocent and sweet young girl of the 3 main female characters).
- Token Mini Moe: For the agent side until her reincarnation, where she is already twenty by the time the series picks up 23 years after she was killed (along with everyone but Renshou) during the youkai raid.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: For Banri.
- Voice of the Legion: In her demon form.
- Woman Child: Her reincarnated self is already 20 years old, but acts pretty much the same.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B.
Age: 15 (initial), 16 (at death), 13-14 (reincarnation, 23 years later)
Tenant of Room 1, Banri is a mixed blood Tanuki demon with an impulsive streak and is very outspoken. Labeling himself a "delinquent", he considers Soushi his rival because he called him cute, causing Banri to resent him. His SS agent is Zange.
Age: 22 (initial), 23 (at death), 21 (reincarnation, 23 years later)
The assigned SS agent to Banri, Zange is a half-human, half-hundred-eyed monster who wears a set of black rabbit ears on his head. He is a very cheerful and eccentric individual. He has a fondness for Soushi and calling him "Sou-tan" because of this, though he has pet names for most of the other characters as well. His youkai blood gives him the power of limited omniscience.
- Agent Peacock
- Animal-Eared Headband: Of the bunny variety.
- The Anti-Nihilist: Zange shows shades of this. He reveals that he more or less remembers everything in his past lives, and observes that destiny repeats with all of the atavists coming to the same tragic ends over and over again, implying that he tried but failed to make things better. This resulted in his Stepford Smiler Broken Bird personality and his philosophy that the other atavists should just enjoy life while they can.
- Bandage Babe
- Beware the Silly Ones
- Blindfolded Vision: Half-blindfolded.
- Blood from the Mouth: It was just ketchup though. Or was it?
- Broken Bird: Hides it behind his cheerful facade.
- Bunny Ears Bodyguard: While all SS Agents are this to some extent, Zange takes it literally.
- Cast from Hit Points: His power seems to work this way.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Do It Yourself Theme Tune: "one way", ending theme for Episode 4 with Banri (or at least the latter keeps butting in)
- Drama Queen
- Extra Eyes: His youkai form gives him eyes (possibly a hundred) all over his body when he searches for information.
- Eyepatch After Time Skip: Subverted, as he has always covered his right eye. It's just that he replaced his bandages with a patch.
- Eyepatch of Power: Gets one after the timeskip.
- Eyes Always Shut
- Eyes Do Not Belong There
- Finger Wag
- Hidden Heart of Gold
- In Touch with His Feminine Side
- Jerkass Fašade
- Laugh Himself Sick: His reaction to Watanuki comparing Karuta to Tarzan.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Manic Pixie Dream Boy: Has the elements of one for Watanuki.
- The Matchmaker: Most apparent with his shipping of Karuta and Watanuki, but he also seems to support Ririchiyo and Soushi.
- Mr. Exposition
- Nice Hat: After the timeskip.
- Non-Action Guy
- Not So Omniscient After All
- Obfuscating Disability
- Perpetual Smiler
- The Pollyanna: When introducing himself to Ririchiyo, Zange says some pretty disturbing things about his past with a grin and falsetto.
- The Prankster
- Quizzical Tilt: Does this often, but mostly to tease the others.
- Shipper on Deck: Seems to ship Watanuki/Karuta.
- Soap Opera Disease: Seems to be connected to his power.
- Stepford Smiler
- Tension-Cutting Laughter
- Third Eye
- Trickster Mentor: Zange often plays pranks and meddles in the lives of the other characters, especially Ririchiyo and Watanuki, which usually end up helping them with their problems in one way or another.
A cheerful maid that works in Maison de Ayakashi who's perpetually happy and performs her job with passion. She can transform into a really small form, which helps her clean really narrow places.
Another maid who works at the Maison and crossdresses in a French Maid Outfit
. His personality is sensible and wry, which contrasts that of the other maid Chino. He has the blood of a zashiki warashi, which gives him the power to bring great fortune to any household he resides in.
The third "maid" working at the Maison. He is a man with a somewhat outdated sense of humor who cheerfully talks about his recent divorce and layoff. His youkai form is an orochi, an eight-headed snake monster.
Voiced by: Katsuki Murase (Japanese), Rob Mungle (English)
The cook at the Maison, though he often gets distracted by making cocktails instead while his son does most of the actual work. He has the ancestry of a kappa.
Voiced by: Minami Tsuda (Japanese), Beth Lazarou (English)
Jyoutarou's son and assistant in the kitchen. He is, as far as we know, the only non-youkai person at the Maison.
The concierge of the Maison who has a mean face but a tender personality. He is extremely shy and embarrassed about his outward appearance. He has the blood of a nekomata, the two-tailed cat demon.
She is the one responsible for the creation of the Maison de Ayakashi as part of her struggle to gain civil rights for other atavists back when she was younger. Known as the atavist with the strongest spiritual power, she has the ability, similar to that of Zange, of omniscience. Her power is so strong that she must stay cooped up at her family residence away from other people so she doesn't get overwhelmed by information.
- Aunt Pennybags: The main characters are a bit taken aback when meeting her for the first time; her personality doesn't really fit her status and wealth.
- Better Off Alone: An unfortunate case. Due to her overwhelming power, she has to stay secluded from other people or she'd be overwhelmed by information. Her only constant companion appears to be her part-tengu servant.
- Big Good
- Cool Old Lady: Until after the timeskip.
- Genki Girl: An old lady version.
A mysterious atavist who wants to bring about another Hyakkiyakou, the last of which was connected to the deaths of the main characters 23 years ago. He's
the leader of the rogue atavists.