Characters: Ava's Demon
Character page for the webcomic Ava's Demon. Beware spoilers!
open/close all folders
"I used to dream about what it would be like if I could make friends, fall in love, what it would be like to enjoy waking up. I daydreamed about pushing a button that would make life worth living."Ava hasn't had a very pleasant life considering that she has been possessed by a rather angry demon since birth. Said demon has constantly attempted to either kill, or pressure her into making a "Pact" without any explanation of what it entails. The story begins some time after Ava was separated from her parents and sent to a re-education planet terraformed and run by TITAN Inc.
- Accidental Pervert: Odin swears up and down that Ava is a Covert Pervert. Not helped when she's smelling people, looking up their shirts and her Limbo Lenses can see through their bodies.note
- The Atoner: Considers herself responsible for Maggie's cruelty and as a result refuses to simply leave her to TITAN's followers. She persuades Odin to help her attempt to get Maggie to leave the TITAN base.
- Back from the Dead: Was brought back to life after she finally formed a pact with Wrathia.
- Badass Boast: "I'm Ava. Ava Ire. And I CAN'T die. Got it, pal!?"
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Almost as big as her eyes.
- Born Unlucky: Being cursed with a vengeful demon since birth is not very fortuitous.
- Bound and Gagged: Odin's solution for her causing him trouble after trying to knock him out with a wrench.
- Burning with Anger: After the pact, when she gets angry, she Turns Red just like Wrathia, gaining a lava-like appearance and red eyes.
- Came Back Strong: Through the Pact she made.
- Classical Anti-Hero: Weak-willed. Crippling anxiety. Needs to take down an interstellar empire.
- Covered with Scars: Word of God is that the scars on her upper arms are from "all from the times Wrathia missed".
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: Was a dirty blonde before the pact. Seems to switch between having red-toned skin and fire orange with yellow patches depending on her mood.
- Deadpan Snarker: Funnily enough she starts showing shades of this after she dies.Ava: Well that SUCKS because I have no desires! Except maybe to get rid of YOU.
Wrathia: A lot of things suck at the moment, so you can spare me your newly discovered snarky attitude.
- Emotional Powers: Ava's pact side tends to act up when she is feeling angry or flustered.
- Eye Colour Change: Along with skin tones.
- Fangs Are Evil: After drinking the Pact Potion.
- Foil: Maggie is hers, right down to their opposite Color-Coded Characters.
- Friendless Background: Wrathia sabotaged all of Ava's friendships and opportunities to make new ones.
- Healing Factor: After her pact with Wrathia, Ava gains this ability.
- Holy Halo: Twice in the 1/29/2015 update. Of course, with her new horns, it gives some mixed messages.
- Horned Humanoid: After drinking a Pact Potion.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Her desire is to have a new life, without Wrathia messing her up and where people will love her.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Ava's primary motivation for entering the pact.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Ava is quite a different person when using the Pact Potions. Terrifyingly different.
- Loser Protagonist: Ava's one former friend thinks she is crazy and hates her guts now. Because of Wrathia's frequent possessions which get Ava into trouble, she is eventually expelled.
- Luminescent Blush: A rather literal example, complete with actual smoke exhuming from her mouth afterward.
- Magma Cum Laude: She vomits up lava. Thankfully her digestive tract is now strong enough to handle it.
- Meaningful Name: Ire is a synonym for wrath. Plus, her name is two letters away from 'Lava Fire'.
- My Blood Runs Hot: After signing the pact with Wrathia. Discussed unwittingly by Gil here.
- No Social Skills: Blame Wrathia for it. This bites Wrathia in the ass later because it means Ava has no idea how to find or convince Wrathia's followers to join her in her quest against TITAN.
- Older Than They Look: Ava is 15 at the beginning of the story. According to Odin, she looks about 12. Not helped by how short she is in comparison to him.
- Parental Abandonment: Ava has no idea what's happened to her parents, but she knows that TITAN separated them.
- Perverted Sniffing: Playfully gets accused of this by Odin after she apologizes for calling him "smelly" - she thinks he actually smells nice. He seems kinda happy that she likes his scent.
- Playing with Fire: Ava gains this ability after completing the pact with Wrathia.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: Observe.
- Red-Headed Hero: After making a pact, she gets dark red hair.
- Socially-Awkward Hero: Painfully so. Between Wrathia's possessions and her own bad luck, Ava reacts to social situations and the public like someone approached by the firing squad. When she and Odin are in TITAN's recruitment center, she has a freakout that would have carried over to the physical world had she not been distracted at an opportune moment.
- Took a Level in Badass: Especially when she confronts Wrathia during the Battle in the Center of the Mind.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Downplayed, but Ava is way more confrontational and less quiet after the pact than she was before.
- Treasure Chest Cavity: Doubling as an extra pocket and a portal between the physical world and her mind where Wrathia resides, she gains a drawer in her chest after the pact.
- Tsundere: Especially noticeable around Odin
- With Friends Like These...: With Maggie, but she could have easily been lying to prove her point against Odin.
- Your Size May Vary: Especially when not showing anything beneath her waist.
"So... Tuls, darling, I need you to work your magic again. Pretty please?"Another child brought to the re-education planet and one of few children Ava has ever been friends with, although the friendship didn't last long due to Wrathia's tampering. She is odd in her own right and seems to have a few issues about image. She has problems with Odin who she views as a stalker, and is arguably justified in thinking so. She also has an enormous crush on Gil.
- Ax-Crazy: Not completely but she is definitely showing signs of this. In her Dream World. She crushes a fairy with her hand, kills off a number of flowers (they're alive), throws a portrait on the ground... (The first two aren't actually real but still...) She also began to hit and attempted to strangle Ava, believing that she was an illusion made by Tuls.
- Even in the real world, she was going to just let Odin and Ava die when the spaceship crashed.
- Badass: Can stealthily turn her arms into long vines/branches and pick up Odin effortlessly. She then commands him to turn the ship around. When he doesn't follow her orders, she throws him and breaks the control panel.
- Berserk Button: Don't call her ugly, monstrous, or scary, she will take it out on you.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: While they are, for various reasons, hardly innocent, Maggie makes sure to play up Ava and Odin's flaws to Gil and outright lies about her involvement in the ship crashing to insure she stays on his good side.
- Converting for Love: Maggie decides to enlist as a follower of TITAN not long after she falls for Gil. Note that she doesn't know much about TITAN and has no real interest in the religion itself.
- Dark Action Girl: While probably not evil, she can be violent and is quite the Jerkass. Maggie once tried to kill both Odin and Ava by attacking Odin and crashing his ship without an ounce of regret. She technically succeeded in Ava's case.
- Dreamworks Face: Yup.
- Elemental Eye Colors: Her green eyes match her plant based powers.
- Emotional Powers: Like Ava, her pact side acts up when she is angry or flustered. As seen here and here
- Foil: According to Word of God, Maggie was designed to be everything Ava isn't.
- Foreshadowing: Maggie is confident she'll survive Odin's ship crashing. She already knew that pact holders are Nigh Invulnerable.
- Glowing Eyes: When Tuls is getting ready to cast his magic.
- Green Thumb: Maggie has shown the ability to convert her arms into surprisingly strong vines/tree branches for combat purposes, an ability she gained after forming a pact with her demon.
- Has a Type: And Odin, she declares, is not it.
- Healing Factor: Openly admits that a spaceship that she's on crashing into the ground of a random planet won't kill her. It doesn't.
- It's All About Me: She doesn't show a shred of compassion or interest in people outside her obsessive hunt for a relationship. She's displeased that Odin and Ava survived the crash she caused, talks Gil into abandoning them at the first opportunity, and feigns interest in his life while appealing to Tuls for a means of manipulating him into caring for her.
- Jerkass: She tends to be very defensive and isn't prone to acts of charity - she's yelled at Tuls so much that he's afraid of her.
- Luminescent Blush: Whenever she's talking to Gil.
- Meaningful Name: Maggie Lacivinote . Additionally, "Maggie" is short for "Magnolia," a type of flower.
- Mundane Utility: She either uses the key of her Pact door to bind up her hair or her hair to hide her Pact door key.
- Parental Abandonment: It seems none of the children at their school have parents. Maggie's parents have never been mentioned.
- Serial Romeo: She's on love interest number 6 in 4 years plus she hates to be reminded of her previous crushes. It's always real love this time.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Apparently Maggie's half of her Pact with Tuls is to find her true love or something to that note. She's tried five times and Gil is number six. She's even willing to overlook that Gil is a religious fanatic and a little mentally unstable.
- Treasure Chest Cavity: The door in her chest from her Pact.
- We Used to Be Friends: With Ava. Though she's made it clear that she doesn't care for Ava anymore, she still has a photo of them together when they were younger nailed on the inside of her door.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green, which she gained after forming a pact with her demon.
"B-before you d-do...an-n-ything rash, I...n-need you to just...h-hear me out..."A student who attended Ava and Maggie's class and has an odd interest in Maggie. Little is known about Odin aside from the fact that he hails from a different planet than Maggie and Ava. His age was rather nebulous at best, as he is stated to be the same age as the others yet looks far older, but was later revealed to be 18 by Crow and Raven. At the start of the story, Odin tries to convince Maggie to leave the planet with him, and insists that she is in danger from something.
- Agent Scully: Seems to really enjoy poking holes in the logic of TITAN's existence and power.
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Averted, according to Crow, Odin is a "Virgin-Nerd-Lord".
- Big "NO!": After he learns his ship crashed.
- Butt Monkey: Almost every woman in the comic has tried to throw Odin under the bus at some point. Maggie, Ava, hell, even his sisters for no apparent reason.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Odin has either this or a low level of Super Strength, but repeatedly he's shown to be surprisingly strong. He can lift Ava with one arm and, if motivated enough, pry open an automatic steel and glass door.
- Deadpan Snarker: Made even funnier thanks to his stoicism and his stutter. He and Ava snark up a storm when they meet for a second time.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: As the story moves along.
- Death Glare: Gives a truly amazing one here while looking at his brokennote touch-screen thing. Seriously, HOLY CRAP.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Not romantic but Ava is short enough that Odin can hold her aloft with one hand. As seen here.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Possibly. In spite of what Maggie says, Odin has so far treated both her and Ava nicer than they treat him, certainly better than they so far deserve. It's unknown whether his dislike of Gil comes from him being a TITAN worshipper or Gil being Gil.
- Little "No": Several, after the Big "NO!".
- Meaningful Name: Arrow sounds a lot like "arrogant", aka Pride.
- Rescue Romance: What he was planning...maybe.Raven: All ya' hadda' was bring back the one person...
Crow: ...instead you destroyed the ship and ended up here.
Raven: AND you suspiciously ignored his calls so he's PISSED.
- Smells Sexy: Maybe not sexy but Ava thinks he smells nice, like smoke and pine trees. Odin hasn't decided whether he's flattered or not. The Luminescent Blush implies he might be.
- Speech Impediment: S-s-t... stuttering.
- Stalker with a Crush: At least in Maggie's opinion. It's unclear to what extent Odin pursues her, but she has complained more than once to the school administration.
- The Stoic: Odin is hardly fazed by anything, no matter how grim the situation seems. His facial expression is one of perpetual seriousness, and he rarely has any emotional outbursts.
- Not So Stoic: He gets noticeably grumpy when TITAN is mentioned, even calling his worship a "cult." He also freaks out when he finds out what happened to his ship.
- The Stoner: With his beard, pipe and stoicism, Odin gives off this vibe. It could also explain why he looks older than everyone else and his red pupils. Actually confirmed when we see a Fantastic Drug that he was keeping in a Book Safe.
- Technicolor Eyes: His pupils are red. It's currently unknown whether the effect is artistic or noticeable in-universe but it doesn't appear to be genetic; his sisters don't have it.
- Vague Age: He states that he's 16, though even Ava comments that he doesn't look it. Later, Crow confirms he's 18.
"What kind of doctor would I be if I just left them to die?"A blue skinned boy from another planet and an aspiring doctor. Close friends with Nevy Nervine and has promised to ask TITAN a very important question on her behalf. He seems to be kind-hearted and perfectly willing to help others at his own expense. Reveres TITAN as a sort of leader/god.
- Back from the Dead: He was dying of acid burns when the followers saved him.
- Berserk Button: He seems to turn a bit... tetchy, whenever someone points out the shaky logic in his religion. He even calls Ava and Odin "heathens."
- Combat Medic: His goal is to become one.
- Freudian Slip: When talking to a "friend" that he knew in school.Gil: It's been such a long time! How long has it been? S-seven, maybe eight years? Y-you look swell! Er-I mean-you look like you're doing swell!!
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: He says "gosh" and "golly" a lot.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: A Nice Guy with blue eyes who thinks the best of everyone and wants the best for everyone.
- Meaningful Name: His last name, Marverde is made of the Spanish words 'mar', meaning "sea", and verde, meaning "green". The ocean on the planet that he's from is green. Also, his life was defined by something happening to him while he was swimming, which he seems to have enjoyed doing regularly, so his first name takes on obvious meaning.
- The Medic: He wants to join TITAN's army as a doctor and believes he is moderately skilled already.
- Nice Guy: He takes in 3 strangers who crash-landed in his yard and could be criminals for all he knew and nurses them back to health, no questions asked.
- Obliviously Evil: Nice or not, Gil also has a tendency to inadvertently insult those who don't share his faith in TITAN. He calls Maggie "ignorant" for not knowing TITAN's history and when Ava asks if there's a way back from Paradise, Gil dismisses it as "a stupid question." Goes further when Odin and Nevy speculate that TITAN's just using his followers.Gil: It's the GREATEST honor to get into Paradise, alright? After all my hard work... I'm going to live there. IN BLISS. And the first thing I'll do when I get there is send you heathens enough photographic evidence to make you both sorry!
- Pretty Boy: Looks like one, and given how Ava and Maggie react to him...
Crow & Raven
Crow and Raven Arrow
Odin's younger twin sisters.
- Annoying Younger Siblings: It's very clear during their first interaction with Odin that, even when threatening his life, they'll tease him with petty insults and generally act as this.
- Badass Gay: Crow is dating a girl named Merita. Odin is horrified—not because she's gay, but because he doesn't think a twelve year-old should be dating.
- Cat Smile: Raven certainly has one.
- Click Hello: Raven gives Odin one of these in his back.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Raven has this going on.
- Little Miss Badass: Implied. When we first see them, they are spying on their older brother and carrying a sniper rifle complete with scope and a trench knife, which they seem well-versed in using.
- Little Miss Snarker: They have no respect for Odin.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Crow is the blue, Raven is the red. When they try to get Odin to leave TITAN's base with them, Crow simply demands he put on some handcuffs so they can leave. ...Raven threatens to Groin Attack him with a pistol.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: In appearance only. The first time we see Raven (the girly girl), she's holding a sniper rifle.
- Theme Twin Naming: Named in reference to Norse Mythology alongside their brother.
- Woman in Black: Their dress code.
"Without TITAN, life has no meaning. TITAN is the best thing you'll ever have."TITAN's "Second-in-Command."
- Ambiguous Gender: Word of God confirms that Strategos identifies as Non-Binary, using They/Them pronouns.note
- Badass: Six may be hammy and a Knight Templar but tread lightly around them. Weak people don't survive enhancement enough to be incredibly blase about it happening to others.
- Cyborg: The only remotely organic part of them that is seen is their face and most of that is covered up too.
- Death Glare: After noticing Ava standing out in the crowd during their speech. Certainly not on par with Odin's but still enough to be unnerving.
- Another, more frightening, one here.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Makes an appearance in finding Gil but is officially introduced over 700 panels later.
- Knight Templar: Implied. See their image quote.
- Large Ham: During their intro speech. Especially when they get to the "Scavengers."
- Meaningful Name: Their name is a reference to Greek strategoi which were military generals.
- Mouth of Sauron: Part of their job is to address the masses of followers in TITAN's stead.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: We first see them when they find Gil and later as the Mouth of Sauron for TITAN. We next see them effortlessly catching a super-heated metal door. Again, super-heated metal DOOR.
- Number Two: Or The Dragon if you prefer, but Six is called the Second-in-Command to TITAN in their introduction.
- You Are Number Six: Literally. Strategos appears to be a title rather than an actual name. Six actually referring to Six Sigma, however.
A girl from Tuls' past.
- Meaningful Name: Ranunculus is the scientific name for the buttercup genus.
- Nice Girl: Again, according to Tuls.
- The Noseless: Being a plant alien, she doesn't breathe.
- Plant Aliens: She kind of resembles a buttercup. Which is apropos because that is what her name means.
- Posthumous Character: As far as we know. Tuls still has hope, though.
- Princess Classic: At least, that's the pedestal that Tuls has set her up upon. All the portraits of her possess this innocent smile of bliss on her face.
- Satellite Love Interest: Inverted. Being a princess of an entire planet, she was probably a Hero of Another Story, and Tuls was just a guard obsessing over her.
- Uncertain Doom: Is she alive? Is she dead? Has she turned into a "demon?" It's Tuls' job to find out.
"If you hadn't ignored me you would know how important I am to this current universe! I have UNFINISHED FUCKING BUSINESS that will never be taken care of!"The eponymous Demon herself. Not much can be said about her back-story without spoiling, but suffice to say that she is/was very powerful and considers herself a higher being than others, which may not be so far from the truth. She has been tied to Ava from the day Ava was born and had taken it upon herself to makes her life as miserable as possible with semi-good reasons. Hates TITAN with a passion.
- Battle Couple/Happily Married: With Pedri.
- Black Widow: She's been married before and her current husband Pedri wears the skull of her former husband as a Cool Mask. This has implications.
- Big Red Devil: A feminine example, complete with goat pupils.
- Burning with Anger: Hellish HabaŮero, though she isn't exactly wreathed in flames. Rather, her body becomes so hot that it starts burning her clothes and melting her crown which in the kickstarter book is noted to be made of obsidian.
- Cute Monster Girl: A lot more human-looking than her husband.
- Dare to Be Badass: Says this to Ava on page 1336 while the former is trapped in the Gates of Paradise at TITAN's Headquarters and understandably freaking out. She pops one of the magic potions that she created with the pact book (that are supposed to be so powerful that Wrathia couldn't conceive her needing to use more than one, EVER) into Ava's hand and tells her to go out and kick ass.
- Fangs Are Evil: Great for Cheshire Cat Grins, too.
- Fantastic Racism: Looks down on just about everyone who isn't a member of either her race or empire.
- Foil: The way Wrathia treats Ava is a huge contrast to how Nevy treats Gil.
- The High Queen/God Save Us from the Queen!: Insists she's the former to her empire but given how she behaves in the present, it's hard to believe she wasn't actually the latter.
- Hoist By Her Own Petard: Most of Wrathia's current problems are her own fault. Ava refuses to make the pact until it's absolutely necessary because Wrathia never told explicitly what it was or how it worked. Wrathia also wrecks Ava's interpersonal relationships, meaning Ava has no idea how to convince Wrathia's soldiers to join her. The fact that Wrathia is a Demon at all is also her fault.
- Also worth noting that when Ava threatens to deliberately fail the pact, which would destroy Wrathia's hopes and trap her in what is implied to be a hellish existence she states "I have nothing to lose," which is only true because Wrathia destroyed everything she cared about and then tried to weasel out of helping her.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Pedri was at least two heads taller than her.
- Jerk Ass: Ruined Ava's life by constantly abusing her.
- Loophole Abuse: Tries to use this to force Ava to fulfill the Pact by pointing out Ava asked for a "new life," not a "different life". Ava will have none of that.
- Meaningful Name: Wrathia Bellarmina.
- Moral Myopia: Good heavens, yes.
- My Death Is Just the Beginning: Tries to enact this against TITAN to ensure that she, Pedri and her strongest warriors have the chance to die free and to acquire reinforcements in the form of Lifeform Hosts. She is pissed when she finds out she is attached to Ava.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Ruining Ava and Maggie's friendship means Ava is isn't very confident about recruiting Maggie, who isn't known for her forgiveness, for the anti-TITAN army.
- Pet the Dog:
- Kinda. She calms down a little after she and Ava make the Pact and when Ava has genuine questions about how to carry out her side of the Pact, Wrathia offers up some sincere wisdom. Of course before giving her advice, she tried to weasel out of giving Ava exactly what she wanted.
- Seemed to sincerely love her husband and unborn child and despite chafing at the idea, considered surrendering to TITAN if it meant he'd leave her subjects alone.
- Playing with Fire: Gave Ava fire based powers after the pact.
- Poor Communication Kills: It somehow never occurred to Wrathia that in order to convince Ava to make a Pact with her that she would have to do more than say "PACT" at her incessantly.
- Rapunzel Hair: Has long hair throughout her life and afterlife, but it's at its longest in her ghost form.
- Dramatic Wind: When in her ghost form, her hair tends to move like it's underwater.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: A red-eyed jerkass with a Hair-Trigger Temper and Moral Myopia.
- Regular Caller: Has been asking Ava to make a pact for a good portion of her life.
- Satanic Archetype: To TITAN's Crystal Dragon Jesus.
- Second Face Smoke: Does said act to Ava during the first meeting in their mind.
- Secondary Character Title: Technically, the title refers to Wrathia, despite not actually referring to her name.
- Smoking Is Cool: Is shown smoking during her reign as queen and in Ava's mind, twice.
"You can't be this nice to strangers, Gil. You're gonna get hurt."Next to nothing is known about Nevy's past, which is due to her full-blown amnesia. She is bubbly and good friends with Gil, who she wants to keep out of harms way. At times, she seems very possessive of Gil and is prone to being jealous of people he gives attention to. Nevy desires to ask TITAN about her past after she heard that he is omniscient, and desperately wants to learn the truth about herself and who she is.
- Badass Adorable: It's worth pointing out that the person Wrathia mentions as being strong right after her husband Pedri is Nevy, and she's adorable.
- Bubble Gun: Frequently seen blowing bubbles or making bubble animals. In this scene she's making fish.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: It's almost like she doesn't want Gil to have any other friends. Of course, with her being intangible and everything, their relationship is strictly platonic.
- Cute and Psycho: No word yet but the way she compares people to baited fish on page 801 and 803 makes one wonder.
- Death Glare: Oh, wow Nevy.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Speculated to be or become this—a theory based mainly on her association with the sin of envy and her reluctance to let Ava & co into her and Gil's lives. Plus, she's a green-eyed monster.
- Horned Humanoid: Magenta ones.
- Identity Amnesia: It appears as though Nevy has trouble remembering her past, even though she knows her own name (she thinks her name is Nevy, anyway) and feels as though her home and life were taken from her. We don't know precisely what caused it, but it may have something to do with Wrathia's 'cursed wine'. Nevy is, after all, a demon, and this page has Wrathia filling a bottle that matches Nevy's colour scheme and maritime themes.Nevy: But what life? Why can't I remember? I wish my head would stop swirling.
- Making a Splash: Not shown in-story yet, but heavily implied with her oceanic appearance and bubble-making powers.
- Meaningful Name: "Nevy" is an anagram for "Envy". It's also very close to 'Navy', which is a shade of blue (her hair is blue, but not navy blue specifically), and ties into her associations with water. "Nervine" is also an archaic word having to do with the soothing of nerves and medicine.
- No Sense of Personal Space: She's not corporeal enough for it to bother him (or even for him to notice), but the way she's leaning on Odin here gives one pause, especially given how she normally reacts to outsiders.
- Pimped-Out Dress: She used to own one. Maybe.
- Rapunzel Hair: Much like Wrathia's.
- Say It with Hearts: Or broken hearts. Either way, it has a really nice effect.
- All Love Is Unrequited: His half of the pact is visiting a girl named Ranunculae he liked in his previous life and giving a Love Confession in person. He doesn't even care if his feelings are returned or not, it's just getting them off his chest is what he cares about. He doesn't even consider what he'd do if she returns them.
- As You Know: Here.Tuls: Once more... I am going to remind you... of the rules behind my magic.
- Bodyguard Crush: Ranunculae is a princess and he was a guard.
- Brought Down to Normal: Whatever counts as normal for Tuls is up for discussion but he says outright that he's losing his magic.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Wrathia admits he's strong (it's why he was recruited by her, after all), but only when he's in a particularly good mood. Which is usually never.
- Full-Name Basis: Downplayed. He calls Maggie 'Magnolia', but doesn't use her last name up until this page.
- Gentle Giant: Easily twice as large as Maggie, yet appears to be one of the nicer demons.
- Heart Symbol: Has some of these decorating his shoulders. Keep in mind that half of them are cut cleanly in two.
- Horned Humanoid
- Killer Rabbit: Ava notes he doesn't seem nearly as frightening as Wrathia or even his Host, Maggie. That said, he's a person that Wrathia approves of, under ideal circumstances anyway. But he can pull off a rather menacing look.
- Mad Artist: Maybe not "psychopath-mad" but he's a great painter and he does give the impression of being not all there.
- Meaningful Name: "Tuls" is as an anagram for both Lust and Slut. And as an added bonus, "Tenebrose" can mean gloomy.
- This may also tie into his "plants and flowers"-theme, with his first name sounding a bit like "tulip" and his last name having the word "rose" in it.
- Noble Demon: So far. He doesn't seem particularly vicious and the only things he wants are to make sure Ranunculae is safe and confess his love for her.
- Perpetual Frowner: He always has a sad expression. Even his door has a frown on it.
- Plant Aliens: Clearly nonhuman with his tree-like torso, horns and red leaf hair but human enough that Ava isn't too scared of him. This also technically makes him a Redhead In Green.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't talk nearly as much as Wrathia and Nevy.
- The Stoic
- True Art Is Angsty: Invoked by him. He liked a girl named Ranunculae, but then he died before he Could Spit It Out.He now spends his days in Maggie's Dream World, painting portraits of Ranunculae to the point of bordering on a Room Full of Crazy.
- Battle Couple/Happily Married: With Wrathia.
- Bizarre Sexual Dimorphism: Both he and Wrathia have horns as is apparently standard for Vengess but apparently some males have three eyes.
- Cool Mask: Wore a three-eyed skull mask most often. The skull belonged to Wrathia's former husband.
- Elemental Powers: The death flavor, preemptively stated via Word of God.
- Horned Humanoid: Much like Wrathia's horns.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: The Huge Guy to Wrathia's Tiny Girl.
- Meaningful Name: Pedri is an anagram for pride. His last name, Nanezgani, seems to be based on Nayenezgani, who was a Native American god who was the 'slayer of alien gods'.
- Purple Is Powerful: Dark purple skin and his wife praises him as one of her more powerful warriors.
- Skeletons in the Coat Closet: Has a necklace made out of skulls in addition to his Cool Mask.
"HE CREATED THE BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING, AND CRAFTED TIME AND SPACE WITH A KNIFE. LIFE BEGAN IN THE PALMS OF HIS HANDS, AND WHEN YOU LOOK DOWN HIS THROAT YOU CAN SEE THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE."Not much is known about the entity called "TITAN". He was able to conquer Wrathia's empire of multiple galaxies in the span of a day, and his name is always written in caps. Most likely in charge of TITAN Inc., the company which established Ava's re-education planet. TITAN is rumored to be "all-knowing", although this is likely propaganda spread by TITAN Inc. His forces are said to consist of a "massive army of "followers"", but it is unknown if all of them are willing participants in TITAN's galactic conquest.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: The oddly specific example where the characterís reputation in-universe is more controversial than in Real Life. To his followers, TITAN is The Big Good that gives their lives meaning, rules at least half this corner of the universe, and should rightfully rule the rest of it. To people like Odin or Wrathia, heís an oppressive Knight Templar that uses guns and propaganda to expand his already swollen Villain World and step on anyone who says otherwise. If you happen to be anyone else in-universe, TITAN Inc is simply a Mega Corp. that happens to be the boss of you. Sure, you can ignore the the slightly kooky workforce they have; just remember that you can live a perfectly fulfilling life as long as you do what you're told. Yet the reader, who receives all of these perspectives over the time of the comic, can easily deduce that TITAN is textbook case of Hero Antagonist to Wrathiaís Villain Protagonist, and a Villain with Good Publicity to Avaís Loser Protagonist. Although, there is some debate within the fandom whether TITANís a robot or not... or if he is even the mastermind behind everything.
- Ambiguous Robots: The main reason why he isn't listed as a lifeform.
- Ambiguously Evil: Wrathia is against him but well, she's Wrathia.
- The Antagonist: To Wrathia and thus to Ava and the story.
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: Subtle, isn't it?
- Galactic Conqueror: It did not take him long to take down Wrathia's empire.
- God Emperor: The interstellar variety.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: We've got a face and a name, but his motivations and backstory remain a mystery. His goals are shrouded as well, his posters only say:"TITAN has a plan for you."
- Large and In Charge: A size comparison.
- Light Is Not Good: He's associated with white and glowing blue and his propaganda shows him as a Christ figure.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: His divinity is left up to interpretation.
- Mega Corp.: TITAN Inc.
- Meaningful Name: As par with everybody else. For TITANís case: In Classical Mythology, Titans are gods, only bigger, older, and more questionable motives than usual.
- Monkey Morality Pose: SEE TITAN, HEAR TITAN, SPEAK TITAN.
- Occult Blue Eyes: His propaganda posters give off this vibe. Literally, when coupled with Odin declaring his following a cult. SEE TITAN.
- The Social Darwinist: Implied with all his propaganda posters: "Failures don't get into Paradise."
- Villain with Good Publicity: He's treated as some god-like figure by Gil and presumably thousands of other lifeforms.
Strange and violent creatures who attacked and destroyed Ava's home planet. Their race seems to have control of powerful technology, as demonstrated by the robots used to attack Ava's homeworld, and their capability to destroy an entire planet in a relatively short time span. Odin and his brother seem to have some knowledge and possible past experience with these creatures, although to what extent is unknown. Odin was fortuitously warned by his brother about the impending Silent Scavenger invasion, and is able to escape the planet, along with Maggie and Ava. The Silent Scavenger's motives and allegiance are currently unknown, although they did attack a TITAN-made planet, which could be of significance.
- Aliens Are Bastards: Their only appearance involves destruction to planet and the presumed death of all involved.
- Humongous Mecha: They use giant robots to attack Ava's planet.
- Meaningful Name: Averted. While every single character with a name given has a name that's a Significant Anagram or means something else in Latin, Silent Scavengers just... scavenge, but aren't that silent while doing so.
- Planet Looters: What Gil says they are.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: They have a red and black colour scheme, and they destroyed Ava's home planet.
"Not everyone is cut out for TITAN's Paradise ...especially those who are lazy."Loyal follower of TITAN and classroom mate to Gil.
- Asshole Victim: The best way to put it after her lack of manners.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: She worked hard and dreamed of serving in the elites, something that has made her bitter when other less involved followers get chosen instead. She ironically gets her wish when the Gate To Paradise accidentally transforms her instead of Ava.
- Body Horror: Her transformation.
- Death by Irony: The only reason she was in the chamber was to force Ava to stay. The procedure isn't actually what kills her—Ava burns through her to escape. Though admittedly, the degree to which she was alive after that thing was through with her is debatable..
- Hard Work Hardly Works: As seen in Gil's flashback, she put a lot of effort into her TITAN studies and has been working towards being a follower all her life. Thus, she is infuriated when Gil asks her for help or when Ava expresses disinterest and fear at becoming a follower fit for Paradise.
- Human Aliens: Going strictly by her blue skin, body tissues and similarly shaped pupils, she seems to be a similar species to Gil. She also has fangs and cat-like eyes.
- Jerkass: The way she treats Gil during the test and pushing Ava later certainly qualifies.