- Acting for Two:
- All-Star Cast: The movie has a really strong cast of voice actors, both from the actors reprising their roles from the TV series, as well as the actors for the new characters.
- Billing Displacement: The movie billing goes like this: the five Titans voices actors in alphabetical order, Will Arnett and Kristen Bell, and then everyone else in alphabetical order. This results in Greg Cipes being billed first and Scott Menville second even though Robin is the main character and not Beast Boy.
- Celebrity Voice Actor:
- We have Will Arnett as Slade and Kristen Bell as Jade Wilson, though the former is a downplayed example because of some of his voice roles before hand.
- Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Batman are being played by Nicolas Cage, Halsey, Lil Yachty, Wil Wheaton, and Jimmy Kimmel, respectively.
- Cowboy BeBop at His Computer: The film itself falls for this. Slade cracks that he's "not interested in fighting a bunch of sidekicks", except that anyone remotely familiar with the characters would know that only Robin is famous for being a sidekick. Although it may just be Slade intentionally calling the Titans like that to taunt them for being sidekicks to a superhero sidekick.
- They also do this during the backlot scene, in which Starfire says the WB water tower is "where the Animaniacs live". Animaniacs is the title of the show, and the characters who live in the tower are Yakko, Wakko and Dot.
- Descended Creator: Storyboard artists Joey Cappabianca and Dave Stone voice Plastic Man and Ace Morgan respectively
- Dueling Movies: With Incredibles 2, another superhero movie.
- No Budget: The movie has a budget of $10 million, which is low even by the standard of animated TV show-based feature films, which generally have budgets from $20-to-$30 million.note
- Non-Singing Voice: Jacob Jeffries fills in for Scott Menville as Robin's singing voice for the song "My Superhero Movie".
- The Other Darrin: Rather than Ron Perlman reprising his role as Slade from the 2003 series, Will Arnett voices him.
- In the Hebrew dub, Doron Ben-Ami—who voiced Beast Boy in the 2003 series—reprises his role for the film (replacing Barak Broitman), while Raven is voiced by Rona Beckerman (replacing Hilly Israel, who voiced her in the series' proper).
- Subverted in the Latin Spanish dub. As the series is dubbed in Venezuela and theatrical movies are rarely dubbed there, the Titans' voice actors travelled to Mexico for a recording session.
- The Other Marty: The first teaser for the film had Phil Lamarr play Balloon Man, before James Corden was officially announced as the voice of Balloon Man. The latter was then replaced by Greg Davies for unknown reasons.
- Playing Against Type: Will Arnett, who once played a DC superhero, plays a DC supervillain this time.
- Real-Life Relative:
- Screwed by the Network: It didn't get a big advertising push, and was overshadowed in theaters by Incredibles 2 and Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, grossing only $10 million dollars on its opening weekend. This is a major contrast to how the show itself is treated on TV (after the movie came out, though, the show's presence on the network largely died out).
- So My Kids Can Watch: Will Arnett and Jimmy Kimmel took roles in this movie because their children were huge fans of the source material.
- Spoiled by the Cast List: In the second teaser poster◊, the starring cast is listed. Each Titan voice is given their own line. Will Arnett and Kristen Bell, however, are listed on the same line.
- Type Cast: David Kaye as the movie trailer announcer.
- Voices in One Room: Like in the main series, the voice actors for the Titans recorded their dialogue together.
- What Could Have Been:
- The joke referencing the infamous "Martha" scene from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was heavily disliked by Warner Bros. executives, with them only allowing it to remain at the last minute.
- The studio initially wanted Superman to be voiced by Jason Bateman. The writers were only able to suggest Nicolas Cage for the role after those plans fell through.
Trivia / Teen Titans Go! To the Movies