James Christian Kimmel (born November 13, 1967) is an American television host, comedian, writer, and producer. He is the host and executive producer of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, a late-night talk show that premiered on ABC in 2003. Kimmel hosted the Primetime Emmy Awards in 2012 and 2016 and the Academy Awards Ceremony in 2017 and 2018. From his ex-wife Gina, he has two kids (Katie and Kevin) who made on-screen appearances on The Man Show and off-screen appearances as puppets on Crank Yankers back in the early 2000s. From his more recent wife Molly he earned two more kids.
Before hosting Jimmy Kimmel Live!, he was best known as the co-host of Comedy Central's The Man Show and Win Ben Stein's Money. Kimmel has also produced such shows as Crank Yankers and The Andy Milonakis Show. He also hosted the 89th and 90th Academy Awards.
Kimmel is considered a left-wing celebrity due to his pressure for gun control and criticisms of Donald Trump. He is one of Hollywood's highest profile critics of Donald Trump and points out flaws in Trump's policies and speeches both on and outside his show. Kimmel has pressed for stricter gun control in response to mass shootings throughout the United States. Trump attacked ABC Network partly due to Kimmel's criticisms and also attacked Kimmel himself. While usually he's dead serious about his contempt for Trump, other times he just wants to make fun of Trump to add in material for his show.
- Crossdresser: One time dressed up as Princess Leia complete with the cinnamon bun hair.
- Eagleland: A lot of his jokes are directed towards making fun of American ignorance. One sketch had him ask random Hollywood street civilians where North Korea is on the world globe. People pointed at Finland, Iran, Oman, Canada, Australia, Argentina and India.Kimmel: The scariest part about North Korea is it could be anywhere.
- Friend to All Children: Presents himself as this, often conversing with children on segments of his show. Not to mention, Kimmel has a lot of children of his own who live opulent lifestyles because of his wealth.
- Hypocrite (debatable): No, we're not saying Kimmel is a hypocrite. However, he has been accused of being this for the fact that Kimmel claims to be vocally supportive of feminist causes such as third-wave feminism, even though Kimmel co-created shows for Comedy Central that are graphically misogynistic and downright optimistic about objectifying women such as "The Man Show". It actually depends on how you view "The Man Show", since some viewers claimed that even if The Man Show did try to lampoon male chauvinism it still indulged in it anyways.
- Mistaken Identity: Often gets confused with Jimmy Fallon. Donald Trump also confused Fallon for Kimmel.
- Papa Wolf: He rushed to his daughter Katie's aid when he suspected that her T-shirt brand was being plagiarized by another small company called Reformation. He was angry that Reformation was using T-shirts that simply had one color and words describing food, much like Katie designs her shirts.
- The Prankster: Jimmy often resorts to using pranks to get laughs.