Phil Morris (born April 4, 1959 in Iowa City, Iowa) is an American actor and voice actor.
The son of actor Greg Morris, he even played the son of his father's character in the 1980s Mission: Impossible. Other notable roles include Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld, the Martian Manhunter in Smallville, Doc Saturday on The Secret Saturdays and the supervillain Vandal Savage on Justice League. His career is lengthy, extended, prolonged.
Notable roles played by Phil Morris:
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Dr. Sweet
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold: Jonah Hex, Fox
- Dead Space: Downfall: Hansen and Glenn
- Devil In The Flesh: Det. Joe Rosales
- Green Lantern: The Animated Series: Saint Walker
- Justice League and Justice League: Doom: Vandal Savage
- Justice League: The New Frontier: King Faraday
- Kim Possible: Infinity Guy and Falsetto Jones
- Legion of Super-Heroes: Imperiex
- Love That Girl: Delroy Jones
- Mission: Impossible (1980s revival): Grant Collier
- The PJs: Thurgood Stubbs (Season 3 and occasional sub voice for Seasons 1-2)
- Saints Row IV: Mr. Sunshine
- The Secret Saturdays: Solomon "Doc" Saturday
- Seinfeld: Jackie Chiles
- Smallville: Martian Manhunter
- Sofia the First: Plank
- Spider-Man (PS4): Morgan Michaels.
- The Star: Balthazar
- Star Wars: Squadrons: Commander Lindon Javes
- Teen Titans Go! To the Movies: D.O.O.M.S.D.A.Y Device
- Ultimate Spider-Man (2012): Scorpio
- Young Justice (2010): Noble Davis, Lor-Zod, General Dru-Zod
Tropes associated with Phil Morris:
- Badass Baritone: He has a pretty deep voice.
- Black and Nerdy: According Bruce Timm to the commentary for Part 1 of the Justice League episode, "The Savage Time", he was already familiar with Vandal Savage and didn't need to be told anything about him before voicing the character. Similarly, on one of the commentaries for Justice League: The New Frontiernote , Timm mentioned running into Morris several times at the San Diego Comic Con and Morris wasn't there as an official part to help support anything—Morris was there to buy comics and other stuff.
- Motor Mouth: As Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld and Sweet in Atlantis: The Lost Empire. In the latter, Word of God said the animators had difficulty drawing Sweet in sync with his delivery.
- Promoted Fanboy: As noted earlier, he's a fan of comics and was already familiar with Vandal Savage before voicing him.