The six-issue miniseries took place in 1939 and had G.I. Joe teaming up with the Autobots to take down Cobra and the Decepticons.
Another miniseries taking place decades later and titled Transfomers/G.I. Joe: Divided Front was planned, but got cancelled after only one issue was published due to Dreamwave's bankruptcy.
- Cut Short: Divided Front was intended to last six issues like the first miniseries, but did not make it past the first issue prior to Dreamwave going out of business.
- Decomposite Character: There are two Flints in this continuity, with the one in the first miniseries being Nathaniel Faireborn and his son Dashiell being his successor in Divided Front.
- A God Am I: With the Matrix in his possession, Cobra Commander declares himself a god.
- Kill and Replace: Zartan kills and impersonates Breaker.
- Legacy Character: There are two Flints, with Nathaniel Faireborn using the codename during World War II and Dashiell Faireborn using it during Divided Front.
- Uncertain Doom: Zartan captures and tortures the original Flint before usurping his identity. While Zartan is eventually exposed and killed, the fate of the real Nathaniel Faireborn remains unknown.
- Worthless Yellow Rocks: Megatron dismisses Cobra's search for treasure as pursuing worthless painted paper and yellow metal, stating that the Autobot Matrix of Leadership is the only real treasure around.