My Senpai Is Annoying is a Slice of Life office comedy webmanga by Shiro Manta.
Igarashi Futaba is a hardworking young Office Lady who has an annoying senpai, Takeda.
Won first place at the Tsugi Manga Awards, webmanga category in 2018.
My Senpai Is Annoying provides examples of:
- A-Cup Angst: Futaba is very small, to the point she gets regularly mistaken for an elementary schooler. The fact that her best friend outside of work and her closest female colleague are both well endowed annoys her more than a little. When she overhears Takeda saying that she doesn't have breasts, she actually scratches his face bad enough that he needs several bandages.
- Animal Motifs: Cats for Futaba, showing her affectionate yet prickly nature, and bears for Takeda, who is loud and boisterous. Made explicit by the origami animals Kazama gives them.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Or grandparents. Futaba's grandfather starts sharing a story about Futaba wetting the bed before she cuts him off.
- Berserk Button: Under no circumstances should anyone make fun of Futaba for having small breasts. Takeda did so, with the result that she suddenly grew Creepy Long Fingers and spoke in the Voice of the Legion.
- Beta Couple: Kazama and Sakurai aren't dating yet, but they are attracted to each other and share hobbies like shipping Futaba and Takeda.
- The Cat Came Back: Kabukichi, a beetle Futaba and Takeda find in a park, which keeps following Futaba no matter how hard she and Takeda try to return it to nature. Eventually, she decides to just keep it as a pet.
- The Chikan: Takeda catches one filming up Futaba's skirt on a train. He judo-throws the man to the ground, which ends up on social media.
- Cool Big Sis: Natsumi acts like this towards Futaba, despite them being the same age.
- Sakurai is this to her little brother, Yuuto.
- Cool Old Guy: Futaba's grandfather, an old biker who goes Overprotective Dad on seeing Takeda (although he has problems with which stories are appropriate to share with her coworkers).
- Cute Little Fangs: Futaba is often drawn with one.
- Facepalm: Kazama and other male colleagues often use variations on this when confronted with Takeda's sheer ignorance of Futaba's feelings.
- Fake Boobs: Futaba slips a couple of animal head plushies down her shirt to see what she'd look like with bigger breasts. Then she forgets to remove them, runs into Kazama and Takeda on the train home... and while Kazama instantly notices, Takeda is his usual oblivious self, resulting in Kazama's head snapping back and forth as he contemplates the density of Takeda's skull.
- Funny Background Event: As Futaba and Sakurai are talking about the problems of D-Cup Distress, the computer screen behind them just happens to have as its wallpaper an image of the Earth and the Sun, drawn to scale.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Futaba's bed in covered in plush animals.
- A Glitch in the Matrix: During Futaba's dream at the beginning of chapter 90, the fact that it is a dream, and specifically Futaba's dream, is hinted at by the fact that she has breasts during it.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl; As seen above, Futaba is about half as big as Takeda, which only encourages people to think they're father and daughter.
- The Napoleon: Futaba. She's very sensitive about her small body and childish appearance, and struggles to be taken seriously.
- Nice Girl / Nice Guy: Why Futaba and Takeda get along so well despite their wildly different personalities. Both of them regularly go out of their way to help people at work.
- Oblivious to Love: Takeda either sees Futaba as a kid or a coworker but certainly not a romantic partner. Every other male in the office can only stare whhen he makes a comment that proves how completely unaware he is to Futaba's crush.
- Odd Friendship: The friendship between Futaba and Takeda. He's big, boisterous, and loud, she's tiny, sarcastic, and prickly.
- Older Than They Look: Futaba is in her twenties, but hasn't grown since primary school, which ends around age 12 in Japan, and a flashback shows that she was already shorter than average back then.
- One Degree of Separation: Futaba, Natsumi, and Takeda all coincidentally meet Sakurai's little brother Yuuto in various places before they ever find out he's related to her.
- Rated M for Manly: Takeda. He's very big and well muscled from doing judo.
- Shipper on Deck: Everyone in the office wants to see Futaba and Takeda end up together... even if Futaba refuses to acknowledge it and the hints fly way over Takeda's head.
- Sleep Cute: Futaba falls asleep on Takeda on the train.
- The Stoic: Kazama's face is almost always completely deadpan, to the point that Futaba is extremely startled to see him smile (his face is off screen, so we don't even get to see it), and Takeda thinks she is lying when she tells him about it.
- One of Natsumi's favorite pastimes is shipping her friend with her coworker, such as arranging for Takeda and Futaba to run into each other and fleeing the scene. She also loves teasing Sakurai's little brother Yuuto, which Futaba gets angry at her for because he's just a child.
- Futaba herself gets in on it when she and Kazama are eavesdropping on Takeda and Sakurai, with Takeda (of all people) commenting that Kazama is attracted to Sakurai, causing him to blush and hide his face.
- Tsundere: Futaba has some traits of this, having an obvious crush on Takeda that she refuses to acknowledge.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Kazama, of all people, is terrified of bugs, to the point of fainting when Futaba brings a beetle over in an attempt to scare Sakurai.