Farce of the Penguins is a 2007 documentary parody of the 2005 documentary March of the Penguins. The film was released direct-to-video, and centers around two male penguins, Carl and his best friend Jimmy (voiced by Bob Saget and Lewis Black) as they make the journey to find their mate for the breeding season. The film is narrated by Samuel L. Jackson and features the voices of several other celebrities.
This film provides examples of:
- Atomic F-Bomb: The "nutless" penguin (voiced by Gilbert Gottfried drops one as he walks away at the end of his scene:)Nutless penguin: FUUUUUUCK YOOOOOUUU!!
- Bedmate Reveal: Played with. Jimmy realizes that in a late-night horny stupor, he'd accidentally done it with Melissa, who thought it was Carl.
- Global Warming: One of the aside scene features some penguins walking on terrain where the snow has melted, and one angrily rants about global warming. Ironically, his yelling causes multiple avalanches.
- Jerkass: Helen.
- Jive Turkey: Marcus.
- Medium Awareness: It's implied that all of the cast knows they're in this documentary. The "nutless" penguin even argues with the narrator.
- Scary Black Man: Marcus, although he's mostly just messing with Carl and Jimmy.
- The Shrink: Steve, known for charging insane amounts for short sessions.