Famke Beumer Janssen is a well-known actress.
Though her birthday is disputed, The Other Wiki cites it as being November 5, 1965, and Janssen was born in The Netherlands. Apart from her native Dutch, Famke also speaks English and French, as evidenced by her acting career. Her early career was that of a model, after a failed attempt at an economics degree in Amsterdam (described by the actress as one of her stupidest moves). She also produced several TV commercials. In the 1990s, she moved into acting. Several almost B Movie-level roles passed, including one with Jeff Goldblum, before she obtained a role in an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, "The Perfect Mate". This was quickly followed by a role in the Clive Barker adaptation Lord of Illusions. Her big break came with the James Bond revival movie GoldenEye in 1995. Famke won the role of thigh-crushing assassin Xenia Onatopp.
Despite the potential pitfall of being a Bond Girl (there is talk of the curse that condemns many an actress' career, as seen with the output of over 50 percent of the actresses in the series after their Bond role), Janssen was savvy enough to not carve out an acting career based solely on blockbusters. After Deep Rising, she established herself as a talented indie actress, though she was notable for appearing in the creepy remake of House on Haunted Hill (1999). She then appeared in four entries of the X-Men Film Seriesnote as Jean Grey, widely accepted as a decent portrayal of the character, despite the screwover she got during X-Men: The Last Stand — when X2: X-Men United clearly sets up the Dark Phoenix Saga, perhaps the most famed story from the comics.
Since then, Janssen has been notable for playing transsexual life coach Ava Moore in Nip/Tuck and for her (finally!) leading roles in movies such as 100 Feet and Turn the River, as well as a role in Taken and its sequel.
- 1995 Lord of Illusions as Dorothea Swann
- 1995 GoldenEye as Xenia Onatopp
- 1997 City of Industry as Rachel Montana
- 1998 Deep Rising as Trillian St. James
- 1998 Rounders as Petra
- 1998 The Faculty as Miss Elizabeth Burke
- 1999 House On Haunted Hill as Evelyn
- 2000 X-Men as Jean Grey
- 2002 I Spy as Rachel
- 2003 X2: X-Men United as Jean Grey
- 2005 Hide and Seek as Katherine
- 2006 X-Men: The Last Stand as Jean Grey
- 2008 Taken as Lenore
- 2008 100 Feet as Marnie
- 2012 Taken 2 as Lenore
- 2013 Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters as Muriel the Grand Black Witch
- 2013 The Wolverine as Jean Grey
- 2014 X-Men: Days of Future Past as Jean Grey
- 2014 Taken 3 as Lenore
- 2018 Status Update as Katherine Alden
- 1992 Star Trek: The Next Generation as Kamala, episode "The Perfect Mate"
- 2004-10 Nip/Tuck as Ava Moore
- 2013-15 Hemlock Grove as Olivia Godfrey
- 2015-16 How to Get Away with Murder as Eve Rothlow
- 2016-18 The Blacklist as Susan Hargrave
- 2017 The Blacklist: Redemption as Susan Hargrave