Theodore Peter James Kinnaird Taptiklis (born 16 December 1984), known professionally as Theo James, is an English actor and musician, recognized primarily for his role as Tobias "Four" Eaton in the Divergent film series, based on the books of the same name.
He also served as the singer and guitarist for Shere Khan, a band that separated in 2012.
- You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger (2010) as Roy Richards
- Downton Abbey (2010) as Kemal Pamuk
- The Inbetweeners Movie (2011) as James
- Bedlam (2011) as Jed Harper
- Underworld series as David
- Underworld: Awakening (2012)
- Underworld: Blood Wars (2016)
- Golden Boy (2013) as Walter William Clark, Jr.
- The Divergent Series as Tobias "Four" Eaton:
- Divergent (2014)
- The Divergent Series: Insurgent (2015)
- The Divergent Series: Allegiant (2016)
- How It Ends (2018) as Will Younger
- Castlevania (2018, 2020-21) as Hector (voice)
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (2019) as Rek'yr (voice)
- The Witcher (2019) as Young Vesemir (voice)
He provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: Theo is quite tan because of his part-Greek heritage, so most people probably couldn't pin down his exact ethnicity at first glance. Example: his character on Downton Abbey is Turkish, partly justified since Turkey is literally next door to Greece.
- Dawson Casting: Four from Divergent is 18 years old, while Theo was 28-30 years old throughout the filming of the series.
- Fake American: His most recognizable role as Four in Divergent is an American.
- Mr. Fanservice: Which, naturally, often causes him to have shirtless scenes in various projects he's involved with.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Obviously.
- The Unpronounceable: His real last name, Taptiklis, is probably too much of a mouthful for English-speaking audiences to comprehend.