Ship prefix: HMS
Representing the British Royal Navy; another member of the "Azur Lane" alliance with the Eagle Union. As such their ships are not difficult to get. They are introduced in the prologue (tutorial) as they fight the Ironblood Battleship Bismarck. They would later become the primary protagonist group of the various Ironblood events, in particular "Divergent Chessboard", "Winter's Crown" and "Starry Skies over the Fjord".
Royal Navy ships tend to have good evasion, whether through raw evasion stats or through skills such as Emergency Evasion or some sort of Smokescreen. Their Destroyers and Cruisers favor torpedo above guns, if anything. The Royal Navy is on the old fashioned side with their Battleship-type preference, though the few carriers they have are very respectable. They are the only faction to field Monitors (light capital ships that forgo speed and protection to mount far heavier guns than their ships of their weight class/oil cost would normally have). With obvious centerpiece battleship units like Queen Elizabeth and King George V who respectively gives fleetwide buffs and recieves buffs from being in an RN fleet, the RN has perhaps the strongest sense of being intended for use as a single navy.
As an aside, a number of these ships were transferred during or after the war to various Dominion navies, with references to this in the game.
Currently, the following Dominions have known equivalents in the English Version:
- Canada is the Maple Monarchy, according the English biography of Fortune. Fortune and Foxhound both make references to their transfer. The entire C-Class was also transferred, but no mention seems to be made to this in-game.In the other versions...
- New Zealand is, creatively, New Zealand, referenced by Achilles in several of her lines.
Voiced by: Rie Kugimiya
- I'm V-class destroyer Vampire, thine blood looks delectable—by the way, thou sure doth like to look at my panties, huh?
The personification of the destroyer HMS Vampire. She first appeared in the "Strive, Wish, Strategize" event, and has since been added to the build pool.
- Addiction Displacement: Her crush line implies that her love of wine is an attempt at this.
- Antiquated Linguistics: Just like Duke of York, the other Royal Navy vampire, she peppers her speech with ye's, thou's, and other such things. She also uses at least one word from Aramaic.
- Breakout Character: She proved to be very popular since her release, getting a number of skins, and until Ayanami came along, the first Purple rarity (SR or Elite) to get a wedding skin.
- Cute Little Fang: She is a vampire, after all. It's easiest to see in her default skin.
- Hellish Pupils: Fitting for her name.
- Horny Devils: Actually more a vampire, but is generally shameless with her outfit choices. As well, she has a chain ending in an anchor that resembles a forked tail, like that of a stereotypical devil.
- Ironically, her pledge line and the name of her pledge skin, "Eloi's Blessing" imply that she is either a practicing Christian or Jew, as Eloi is the Aramaic name for God.
- Life Drain: Her main skill has her fire 3 torpedoes that lets her absorb a portion of the damage she deals with them into HP.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Her "Flagship Fight" line begins with a textbook example.
- Older Than They Look: The oldest of the Royal Navy destroyers.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She really likes wine, and her lines make it clear that she really means wine, and not blood.
- Tsundere: She is voiced by Rie Kugimiya after all, though this is downplayed quite a bit compared to some of Kugimiya's other roles as Vampire shows this behavior only in a few lines.Don't get so close to me! It's not like I hate you, but a girl also has a girl's needs! I, I have a sudden urge to drink wine! Hurry and bring me a bottle!note
Voiced By: Ayamiya Yukiko
- I'm Amazon, the experimental A-class destroyer. As much as I don't want to have to deal with an idiot like you I have no choice. I'm gonna look after you!
The personification of the prototype destroyer HMS Amazon. She guides the player through the game's tutorial levels and teaches the player the basic mechanics of the game.
- Art Evolution: Her recently introduced (in Asian versions) formal skin has shown the artist's progression from the game's early days, reaching a point where some do not recognize her.
- Cat Smile: Her idle animation in chibi form is to do this while spinning her sword.
- Experience Booster: Her Prototype Ship skill grants an experience boost to destroyers. She is also the teacher for the destroyer class in the Lecture Hall.
- Girlish Pigtails: Part of the complete package of being a Tsundere and looking young (despite insisting otherwise).
- Iconic Item: Her finger pointer stick that she uses in the tutorials to point out important information to new players, though it is never shown in her portrait or her normal sprite. It also shows up in the Lecture Hall.
- Lap Pillow: Offers one when the Commander returns from battle.
- Older Than They Look: Despite looking no older than the other Royal Navy destroyers, she is one of the the oldest of them (only Vampire is older), and she even calls herself an old timer in her biography. She also really dislikes being treated like a child.
- Sensei-chan: Acts as the destroyer teacher in the lecture hall, helps teach new players, and many of her lines refer to teaching either the commander or other ships, and is the second oldest Royal Navy destroyer. Her "Prototype Ship" skill also helps destroyers that fight alongside her gain more experience. Despite this, the commander apparently treats her like a child, much to her (to a degree, justified) annoyance.
- Shana Clone: In case it's not obvious from appearance and mannerisms alone, her defeat line is a Rapid-Fire "Shut Up!".
- Tsundere: The opening line is a good example, and it only continues as her affinity increases (even to marriage!); as a bonus, she also has twintails to further fit the trope.
Voiced by: Kaya Okuno
- Oh.... I'm Acasta, hello.
- Sleepy Head: About as bad as Laffey.
- Taking You with Me: If she's the last vanguard ship alive, her damage dealt, and her damage taken increase by a percentage, a reference to her fate during Operation Juno, where she did a suicide run against Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, ultimately ending in being sunk.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A
Voiced by: Mami Kamikura
- From today onward, I shall be living with you, Commander~ Please look after me~
- Animal Motif: Dogs. Beagle has two forward facing pigtails that look like beagle ears, and acts like an energetic and excitable beagle, including asking for the commander to take her for walks and to pet her, and expressing an interest in hunting rabbits when the commander mentions itnote . Bulldog has two plates in her hair that resemble smaller dog ears, like that of an English bulldog, and her stoic nature reflects the fact that British bulldogs are often subdued in demeanour, and have faces that naturally look unamused. Their hair colours also match the usual fur colours of their namesake breeds.
- Companion Cube: All (two) ships in this class have two turrets with faces on them often called "lil _" with a letter going in the blank.
- Moveset Clone:
- Beagle and Bulldog have identical stats and skills, with only 4 points in Anti-Submarine Warfare and 6 points in Luck making Beagle slightly better at level 100.
- The B-class itself is extremely similar to the C-class... except Beagle and Bulldog don't have retrofits. Pre-retrofit at level 100, though, Crescent and Cygnet differ from Beagle and Bulldog by about 20 points, total, across all their stats while retaining Emergency Evasion and identical weapon efficiencies. All these little stat differences (always in the favor of C-class ships) and the retrofit upgrades make the C-class wholly superior to the B-class.
- Palette Swap: The only difference in their outfits is that Beagle has a red gem around her neck, while Bulldog has a blue one. Interestingly, the colour of gem matches each others eye colour (Beagle has blue eyes, while Bulldog has red)
Voiced By: Eri Suzuki
- I finally got a chance to meet you, Commander! I'm B-class' Beagle! The best of what I can do are Escort missions! If you need my help just let me know! I am quite a worker!
- Cheerful Child: Her personality in a nutshell being both cheerful and helpful.
- Genki Girl: She's as excitable and energetic as her namesake.
- Little Bit Beastly: Despite there being numerous cat girls and bunny girls amongst the ships, she actually averts this. Her dog ears are actually just two forward facing pigtails.
Voiced By: Eri Suzuki
- Good day. I'm B-class' Bulldog...... I'm an adult so please do not judge me by my looks. I hope you aren't an adult who does that, Commander. I'll be in your care.
- Kuudere: While rather harsh and icy, as her affection increases there's more and more signs that she does like you.
- Older Than They Look: Subverted. While she refers to herself as an adult at first, her higher affection lines and oath lines reveal that she does view herself as somewhat childlike, and several of her lines show she's far more childish than she admits (threatening to bite the commander if they don't stop patting her head, referring to him as Big Brother Commander).
- The Stoic: Far more subdued than her sister.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: In the loosest sense, firepower-focused Crescent is the Fighter, torpedo-focused Comet is the Mage, and evasion-focused Cygnet is the Thief.
- Hotter and Sexier: While their outfits do not get much sexier compared to other remodels, save for a side slit on their skirts, they do appear significantly taller and more mature.
- Moveset Clone:
- Pre-Retrofit at level 100, Cygnet and Crescent have almost identical stats and skills, but Cygnet has four more Anti-Submarine Warfare points and is twice as lucky as Crescent (72 vs 35 Luck). Subverted post-retrofit, where Cygnet trades 10 Firepower for 15 Evasion compared to Crescent — a significant trade-off that typically favors Cygnet for her niche as a tanky stall ship.
- Cygnet and Crescent are also extremely similar to the B-class pre-retrofit, since they all have the Emergency Evasion skill and identical weapon efficiencies. At level 100, the sisters are very slightly better than Beagle and Bulldog in most stats with a total stat difference of about 20 points, besides a decent chunk higher Anti-Submarine Warfare stat. Subverted post-retrofit, where a second skill unlock and more stats blow the retrofit-lacking B-class out of the water.
- Palette Swap: They basically wear the same outfit in different colors: blue for Comet, red for Crescent, and purple for Cygnet.
- Smoke Out: Post-remodel, their Smokescreen skills temporarily increase the evasion of the escort fleet within its Area of Effect right at the start of the battle and has a chance to re-activate every 15 seconds after that.
Comet (H00 * )
Voiced by: Minori Suzuki
- C-Class Destroyer, Comet, that's meee! I'm so happy you're supporting me, Commander!
The personification of the destroyer HMS Comet.
- Hair Decorations: Gains a star-shaped hairpin after her remodel.
- Idol Singer: Aspires to be one and is a fan of Lexington.
- Support Party Member: Her Torpedo Command - Destroyers skill increases the torpedo effectiveness of all destroyers in the party, and she has the same Smokescreen skill her sisters have post-remodel.
- Will-o'-the-Wisp: Seen with one in her official artwork.
Crescent (H48 * )
Voiced by: Minori Suzuki
- Are you my commander? You don't seem used to war though. I'm C-class Crescent, and I'm not a kid! I may not look like it, but I'm very experienced, and not afraid of anything! Not afraid of anything at all!
The personification of the destroyer HMS Crescent.
- A-Cup Angst: Her special touch reaction has her annoyed for this reason.
- Berserk Button: Really dislikes being treated like a child.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: The red-colored C Class destroyer has the strongest personality among her sisters, but unfortunately she isn't the strongest of the three gameplay-wise.
- Hair Decorations: Exchanges her moon-and-star hairpin for a red bunny one after her remodel.
- Tsundere: Her expression on her remodeled art easily shows it. Fittingly, she has the best firepower of her sisters.
Voiced By: Risa Taneda
- I'm C-Cygnet the C-class destroyer yup! For the sake of fish and chips, I'll do my best!
The personification of the destroyer HMS Cygnet.
- Big Eater: Eats quite a bit, to the point that her sisters are quite confused over where all the fat goes. Crescent comes to the conclusion that it all goes to her breasts.
- Butt-Monkey: Often gets tricked/talked into wearing skimpy or sexy outfits by others, which doesn't really help her Shrinking Violet tendencies. However, according to Japanese Twitter commentary, she doesn't really mind it.
- Buxom Is Better: Noticeably the curviest of her sisters and the only one with curves pre-remodel. She's also the only one who has christmas and swimsuit skins.
- Breakout Character: Despite the three of them being common destroyers, Cygnet has five skins, where her sisters only have two (default and retrofit), one of which was only available from a New Years event dedicated to it.
- Country Mouse: Her lines are written to reflect someone from the country.
- Meido: Her first paid skin is a maid outfit that Saratoga tricked her into putting on.
- Shrinking Violet: Tends to get flustered a lot. Fittingly, she has the best evasion of her sisters.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Fish and chips come up rather often in her lines.
- True Blue Femininity: The blue-colored C Class destroyer is the most feminine among her sisters.
Voiced by: Mizuki Yuina
- Hello, Commander~! Echo, reporting in! So, after I finish checking in, can I have a reward? Ehehe~♪ I loooove candy, you see~
- All-Loving Hero: She consciously tries very hard to be this; she's consistently upbeat in her secretary lines, loves all her Royal Navy fleetmates, and even her "upset" line is her trying good-naturedly to help the Commander improve themselves.
- Anime Hair: A standout among the many other shipgirls of AL, and a hairdo that defies sub-classification. She's got Mega Twintails that originate from... the crown of her head?... and reach down to her knees, while also having an Ahoge and sideburns. Oh, and it's multicolored. The amount of time she must spend on her hair each day beggars the imagination.
- Idol Singer: She's specifically themed, visually, like one in the vein of Girls' Generation in their most famous music videos (wherein they wear naval-like uniforms that are revealingly cut).
- Luminescent Blush: Two of her conversation portraits feature her breaking into one of these.
- Multicolored Hair: Her normally reddish-pink hair transitions to purely blonde (in a shade that matches the stars on her outfit) the further down her twintails you go.
- Anti-Gravity Clothing: Like KanColle's Tatsuta, both of them have mechanical Holy Halo floating over their heads.
- Historical In-Joke: Following their transfer to the Royal Canadian Navy, they were reclassified as River-class Destroyers, often called Canadian River-class, because they were renamed after Canadian rivers. note Though it wasn't really a proper class, since it consisted of every Royal Navy destroyer transferred to the RCN, which includes the entire C-class.
Fortune (H70 * )
Voiced by: Yuuko Gotou
- Nice to meet you, commander. M-my name is Fortune... I've worked hard as a escort destroyer.
The personification of the destroyer HMS Fortune/HMCS Saskatchewan.
- Buxom Is Better: While ultimately not as big as her remodeled sister, she's still quite nicely endowed for her shipclass.
- Historical In-Joke: One of her lines mentions that Saskatchewan is a name bestowed by God, referencing her being renamed to HMCS Saskatchewannote after being transferred to the Royal Canadian Navy (Or Maple Monarchy, as it is called in her English biography. Her Chinese biography just says Royal Canadian Navy).
- Institutional Apparel: Weirdly enough, her retrofit sports ball and chain manacles. Her line upon being retrofit actually references them, with her having trouble moving with them on.
- Prone to Tears: Her sprite randomly breaks into tears and her lines also reflect this.
- Screaming Warrior: In combat she tens to scream her lines, implying she drives herself into a frenzy just to fight.
- Stone Wall: Her skill kit of emergency evasion and main fleet damage reduction, she can persist and drag out a PvP match to her side's favor potentially with only ships with evasion down debuff skills remaining a threat.
- Symbolic Wings: Fitting her angelic theme, her rigging is positioned behind her back, making it look like she has a pair of mechanical wings.
- Token Religious Teammate: Either this or an actual angel, given her design — and plenty of her lines invoke God, with one of them actually stating that she gets down on her knees and prays.
Voiced by: Yuri Yamaoka
- Foxhound, reporting to the commander! Eh, fox? No, I'm not a fox but a dog! ... Eitherway, I will be looking foward to working with you!
The personification of the destroyer HMS Foxhound/HMCS Qu'Appelle.
- Animal Motifs: Not a visual one, but she has various dog like mannerisms and often corrects anyone who says she acts like a fox... right before insisting that she doesn't act dog-like either.
- Buxom Is Better: Besides her now infamous remodel, she was rather well endowed for a destroyer before it. After it, she's easily one of the bustiest destroyers in the game.
- D-Cup Distress: She mentions that, after her retrofit, she can't jump like she used to due to her growth. She also complains that the Commander no longer pets her head like he did pre-retrofit.
- Everyone Looks Sexier If French: She was transferred to the Royal Canadian Navy and renamed HMCS Qu'Appelle. However, she only comments on that after her retrofit... her extremely curvy retrofit...
- Fallen Angel: The theme of her rigging, in contrast to Fortune. Her rigging has a more angelic motif before her retrofit, but afterwards, it is much more demonic in nature; her rigging grows and folds in a manner akin to bat wings, she sheds her halo entirely and replaces it with a pair of artificial horns, and her anchor acts as a tail.
- Historical In-Joke: Mentions not wanting to go such a cold place in one of her menu lines, referencing both her being stationed in Iceland for a while, and her being transferred to the Royal Canadian Navy (as HMCS Qu'Appelle). She also mentions her second name in one of her post-retrofit lines.
- Hotter and Sexier: In her retrofit form, with curves that are almost comparable with heavier ship classes.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: She's unaware of the exact nature of the attention she gets and even in her retrofit form's lines, she only thinks of not being able to hop around like she used to. This makes the seductiveness of the retrofit art an Informed Attribute.
- Some of her lines imply that she's not as oblivious to it as she initially appears, as she has a tendency to giggle whenever she mentions her post-retrofit appearance, or her growth.
- Shout-Out: Post-retrofit, one of her idle animations has her do Revolver Ocelot's "You're Pretty Good" hand gesture.
- Heyyo~ Good morning, Commander! G-class Destroyer, Grenville, reporting for duty! Now that I'm here, you can leave everything to me and take a nap! Hehe, just kidding~ Let's get along well, all right?
The personification of HMS Grenville, the flotilla leader of the G-class destroyers.
- Action Pet: Is joined by a griffon, which is seen carrying a torpedo in her art.
- Big Little Sister: She may not look it, but she's actually younger than Glowworm. In fact, she was actually the second-last G-class to be laid down, and the last to be completednote
- Buxom Is Better: Remarkably endowed for a destroyer, only falling short of remodeled Foxhound and Forbin. And her outfit only emphasizes her chest more.
- Coat Cape: Wears one, with one of the sleeves featuring the real HMS Grenville's badge
- Genki Girl: While not to the same degree as her sister, she's pretty peppy herself.
- The Gunslinger: Carries a pair of revolvers in her art, though what ship weapons they represent are unknown.
- Hidden Depths: You wouldn't guess it from her energetic nature, revealing clothing, and her somewhat immature demeanor, but she actually wants to grow up to be a Proper Lady, studying etiquette under and looking up to Hood.
- Historical In-Joke: Her bigger size in various ways is a nod to how Destroyer leader ships were made larger than their counter parts. Her buff skill is likely a nod to this.
- Her pet griffon is a reference to how the ship's badge had one on it. Said badge is visible on the shoulder of her coat.
- No-Sell: Her Emergency evasion skill allows her to dodge all attacks for time.
- Support Party Member: Has a skill that buffs destroyer firepower.
Voiced by: Hiromi Igarashi
- Hello! I'm the Royal Navy's G-class destroyer, Glowworm! Yahoo Commander! I hope you'll play with Glowworm energetically again today! I'm good at hide and seek!
The personification of the destroyer HMS Glowworm.
- Catchphrase: RAMMING SPEED!
- Cute Little Fangs: Has one little fang.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: One of her lines has her try and attack the commander, only to stub her toe, and her biography ends with the implication that she's just tripped.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Claims to be able to keep spinning without getting dizzy. This is a reference to her last battle, where the ship turned in circles in an attempt to hide in her own smoke screen.
- Genki Girl: The above quote captures some of it well.
- Gratuitous English: Refers to her headbutts as "Headsmash", "Million Headsmash", or "Meteor Headsmash" in her otherwise Japanese voiced lines.
- The Magnificent: Often refers to herself as "The Great Glowworm" or similar titles.
- Ramming Always Works: Her Meteor Slam skill increases the Collision Damage dealt to enemies while decreasing the Collision Damage she takes, reflecting her last-ditch effort against the Admiral Hipper in World War II, and corresponds to the effects of the Hotel Yankee signal flag in World of Warships.
- Use Your Head: Said ramming is generally depicted as her head butting people, or throwing herself at them head first. Her love line in Chinese even references Pokémon, with the line "Glowworm used headbutt". Her ramming skill in asian versions is even named "Meteor Headbutt"
- Worthy Opponent: Admiral Hipper sees her as one, a nod to her crew's opinion of the last stand.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Averted. Despite the fact that all four sisters wear crowns, Juno reveals in her high affection lines that they're just for decoration, and they aren't members of the Royal Family.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Nozomi Yamane
- I'm Javelin. Commander, I'll be in your care. What's this? You're making the "a girl my type has become my subordinate, now what do I do" kind of face!
- Blade on a Stick: Her staff is actually a javelin, which is made more obvious in her retrofit, where she actually holds it in a throwing position in both her artwork and her chibi form.
- Can't Catch Up: The fact that she was the first starter to get a retrofit and that the other three starters later got retrofits of their own that improve key offensive statsnote made retrofitted Javelin a Master of None that can do a little bit of everything the others can do better at their respective specialties.
- Covert Pervert:
- The 4koma implies she has rather dirty thoughts every now and then. Even more fueled by the same loading screen that also canonizes Laffey as a whiskey drinker since the type of apron Javelin is using is one often used in Naked Apron instances.
- During Z23's teacher skin event, Javelin joins the class with this line:Javelin: What's "special tutoring?" Sounds like something that would be fun with the Commander~
- Fragile Speedster: She has the highest Evasion among the three available starters in the game, but has lower firepower and HP than the others. Post-retrofit, she has one of the highest Evasion stats in the game. Unfortunately, diminishing returns on higher evasion and subsequent changes to the game's evasion mechanic prevents her from taking full advantage of it.
- Genki Girl: Has the most energetic lines among the starters.
- Historical In-Joke: She wears tartan on both her pre- and post-retrofit outfits. Fittingly, HMS Javelin was built in Scotland (as were Juno and Jupiter).
- The Power of Love: Invoked. With her marriage skin, her victory quote is "Hehe, nothing can overcome the power of love!"
- Starter Mon: One of the three starters available in the game along with Z23 in the English and Chinese versions or Ayanami in the Japanese version and Laffey in all three versions.
- Through His Stomach: One of her "Love" lines has her offer the commander some lunches she had prepared for him.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Sawako Shirakabe
- Commander, it's nice to meet you. I'm Juno. Leave the job of guarding the Commander to me I'll do my best!
- Cool Big Sis: Inverted, in the case with Jupiter.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Defied. She admits that despite being named after the goddess Juno, known for her jealousy, she's not jealous at all, and it's just happy to be near the commander.
- Does Not Like Spam: Pasta in this case, as she was sunk by Italian aircraft near Crete.
- Girlish Pigtails: Which adds to her overall cuteness.
- Historical In-Joke: Her acting as a Cool Big Sis towards Jupiter despite technically being the younger of the two is a reference to that fact that, despite being laid down, launched, and completed after Jupiter, she has a lower pennant number than her, which usually indicates a ship was completed earlier.
- Playing Doctor: She thinks you are trying to do this with her in one of her lines.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Which adds to her cute appearance.
Voiced by: Tomoyo Takayanagi
- Royal Navy's J class destroyer, Jupiter...Juno? Eh, who are you referring to?
- Historical In-Joke: Or perhaps a slightly more literal Mythology Gag. Her introduction line has her claim ask which Juno you are referring to, and her lines establish that Juno looks after her a lot. Jupiter was the husband of Juno in Classical Mythology. The mythological Jupiter was also her brother, which is why one of this Jupiter's lines has her state that the two are just sisters.
- Gender-Blender Name: Named for a male Roman god.
- One Steve Limit: Not her, but she lampshades the fact that her sister Juno and the Eagle Union ship Juneau have names that are pronounced the exact same way(and, in the Japanese version, spelt the same). Her introductory line is most likely a reference to this.
- Shrinking Violet: Downplayed, but her Friendly affection line reveals that she was initially too nervous to talk to the Commander alone, and had Juno accompany her.
Light Cruisers (CL)
- Buxom Is Better: Both are well endowed, particularly evident in their Qipao skins.
- Crippling Overspecialization: The absolute extreme of Anti-Air light-cruisers, trading their auxiliary gun for another anti-air mount. And have skills that boost both their antiair and firepower.
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: While most Royal Navy crusiers come with the same equipment slot set of one main gun, one torpoedo and one anti-air, along with the ability to store an extra set of torpedos; the C-class crusiers are the only ones that ditched the torpoedos for another anti-air mount, and can fire their mainguns twice in a row like the Brooklyn-class, the Cleveland-class, and the Heavy Crusiers of Eagle Union.
- Meido: So far, all the ships in this class are dressed like Maids, Victorian style which references their older age compared to the other maid ships. They are different in personality:
- Curacoa appears to be mainly a care taker/chef type and has a rather kind personality.
- Curlew is far more prim and proper and is strict about proper terms and etiquette.
- Qipao: Both have these in both in reference to their Lunar New Years release date and because their artist is fond of them Trivia .
Voiced by: Fujisawa Reika
- Though this is the first I'm meeting you, I can't help but to feel a sense of familiarity from the bottom of my heart... I am Curacoa - from now on, allow me handle the various affairs around the port. Please look forward to it!
- Born Unlucky: Was sunk by a collision with a friendly shipnote and her luck's a lowly 24.
Voiced by: Fujisawa Reika
- Greetings, I am your Royal Maid, Curlew. The responsibility of supervising the master's daily routine falls on the maid. I will help you become a Royal gentleman through and through, so please pay attention and work hard.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Giant Hunter is Ajax and Achilles' signature skill, but it obviously only works against heavy cruisers. Because heavy cruisers are fairly out-of-the-meta for PVP due to low evasion making them glass cannons anyway, this mostly relegates them to heavy-cruiser-specific maps and makes them just average outside of them compared to ships that have a functional second skill. However in versions with levels going up into 120, Heavy Cruisers will see a new use in PvP due to gaining sizable amounts of evasion by 120 (with it likely happening at lv110 and onwards)
- Leander avoids this by having a general use skill set that is useful no matter what (Firepower buff plus smokescreen after refit)
- Gender-Blender Name: All three are named for men from Greek Mythology.
- Glass Cannon: Ajax and Achilles. Offensively, they have the tied-highest firepower of all Rare light cruisers (with USS Brooklyn-class ships) pre-retrofit, and the absolute highest light cruiser firepower post-retrofit, even above higher rarity light cruisers; all three of their skills, especially Giant Hunter, spike their damage as well. Defensively, this is a downplayed example compared to, say, Suffolk — they're light cruisers, so they have decent evasion and therefore fairly average survivability overall, but nonetheless they have less HP than even their common sister Leander among other light cruisers.
- Historical In-Joke: Ajax and Achilles' post-retrofit Giant Hunter skill, which boosts their damage against heavy cruisers, is a reference to their role in the Battle of the River Plate, where they fought and hunted the German heavy cruiser Admiral Graf Spee
- Moveset Clone: Achilles and Ajax have identical skills and stats, both before and after their retrofits, besides Ajax's 74 Luck versus Achilles' 54.
- Status Buff: Ajax and Achilles' Full Firepower skill increases the firepower of their guns within a short duration. Post-remodel, their Giant Hunter skill increases their damage against heavy cruisers. Achilles' retrofit is currently not available in the English version, unlike her sister's.
Leander (75 * )
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Ibuki Kido
- How do you do. I am the Leander-class light cruiser, Leander. I'm actually a little different from my sisters. Want to know what it is?
- Boring, but Practical: Is this to a degree as while she's not the highest rarity or flashiest unit, she eventually becomes an incredible unit for her value with stats rivaling if not outdoing a number of higher rarity royal light cruisers and her skill set boosts her cruiser allies nicely.
- Cool Big Sis: Acts as one towards her sisters and the Commander. It says something when even Ajax likes her.
- Fanservice Pack: Her... assets become bigger post-retrofit.
- Lap Pillow: Offers to let the Commander rest their head on her lap in one of her idle lines.
- Nice Girl: Kind and even tempered.
- Support Party Member: Her Artillery Command: Cruisers skill increases the firepower of all cruisers in the party within a short duration, and her post-remodel Smokescreen skill increases the evasion rate of her allies within its Area of Effect.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Tomoyo Chuujou
- Commander, I'm the third ship of the Leander class, Ajax. Even as the third ship I'm quite famous... I'm sure you'd be suprised if you were to see my closet. Want to take a look? Fufu...
- The Baroness: Acts the part quite well.
- Foot Focus: Her retrofit has her sitting down, with one shoe off and that foot extended towards the viewer. Her retrofit lines include telling the commander to lick her foot and wanting to step on him.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: For the most part, she views everyone around her as either things to toy with or annoyances to get rid of. The exception is her sisters. While she is a bit prickly towards Achilles at times, she outright thanks her for being her, and she refers to Leander as being a nice big sister towards her and Achilles. She also returns mercy, being willing to spare Graf Spee and her subordinates (such as Z1, who remarks Ajax isn't that bad for a sadist) since Graf Spee herself spares the crews of the merchant ships she's sunk.
- Sadist: Is more interested in finding victims to torment than actually following protocol or orders. As her affection rises, she claims that the commander is the only person who triggers these tendencies in her. A quick look at her lines and behaviour directed towards her enemies makes it quite clear that this is a lie. This may be a case of Lost in Translation, as some translations imply she means that she doesn't go quite as far with anyone other than the commander.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With Exeter during the "Pursuit of Graf Spee" event as they hunt the titular ship.
Achilles (70 * )
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Yuri Yamaoka
- I'm Achilles, Leander class light cruisers ship number two☆ Commander, why don't we go to New Zealand and buy some snacks?
- Genki Girl: Extremely energetic and excitable, even referring to herself as "genki" in one of her lines (translated as peppy in the English version).
- Shout-Out: One of her voice lines references the "30-year-old Wizard" meme.
- Stealth Insult: Her stranger line references the meme "Men who are virgins until they are 30 become wizards". Her upset line cheerfully tells the commander to "work hard and aim to become a magician".
- Through His Stomach: Really loves doing this for you.
Voiced by: Ayaka Suwa
- You can be at ease now that I, Arethusa, have come. If anything, Commander, don't you dare hold me back!
- Tsundere: Pretty much the most classic example of the trope in the game. She thinks highly of herself because of who she is (lead of the Arethusa-class), thinks the Commander will hold her back at first, and gradually comes to like the Commander after spending time with them and passing off any show of affection as coincidence.
Voiced by:Ayaka Suwa
- Im Galatea, second in line of the Arethusa-class~ Do you believe in fate, Commander? It's fate that we've met like this~
- Covert Pervert: Possibly not even covert. She doesn't really object to "touch" actions as secretary, merely letting the Commander know she's taking that as a commitment. She's also quite eager for physical displays of affection even in non-affection-related voice lines and appears to be wearing something similar to a "virgin-killer" sweater (as opposed to Arethusa's Little Black Dress).
- Gratuitous English: In the CN and JP versions, she uses "Darling" when oathed (and written in anglo-roman letters in the CN version, to boot).
- The Tease: Quite unlike her sister, she starts from the word go with teasing the Commander concerning her potential affection and seems quite happy to encourage the Commander to be affectionate, though how serious she is most of the time is up for debate. At higher affection levels, though, she's absolutely delighted that you're returning her overtures.
Voiced by: Yui Sakaibara
- How do you do, Commander♪ I'm Aurora, the 4th ship of the Arethusa-class of light cruisers. I'll be your secretary for today. If you have any questions, feel free to ask♪
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Blonde and a generally nice girl.
- Irony: In that while she served both British and Chinese navies, her skill kit is highly effective against them (particularly dodge tank Royal Navy Destroyer tactics in PvP) in that her second skill reduces the evasion of both Destroyers and Light Cruisers (popular ship choices in both factions) by a noticeable amount.
- Qipao: Released with such a skin available for purchase; and given her time in the Chinese Navy, she may be very familiar with such clothing. That and she was added during the 2018 Lunar New Year.
- Meido: All the ships in this class except for Southampton are dressed like Maids.
- Ninja Maid: As they are also warships, all of them fit this to some degree. Some of their personal lines and their lines imply that the Royal Maids, which is primarily made up of this class, are just as much the Royal Family's bodyguardsnote and an elite military unit as they are actual maids.
Voiced by: Saori Gotou
- I thought I was lost, but Im glad I was able to meet with you. I am the Town Class Light Cruiser, Newcastle. Thank you for taking care of my sisters.
Former head of the maids, made available during a certain co-operative event in the asian versions.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Built for heavy Anti-Air and buff support.... but at the cost of her relevant offensive stats even with her buffs applied to herself. This mostly averted with her remodel, though her torpedo stat ends up so-so.
- Magikarp Power: Her offensive stats are rather underwhelming before her remodel, which ups them to be roughly comparable to other base light cruisers in the same faction.
- Retired Badass: Seems to fit the part... though while she comes out of retirement, stat wise she lags behind the other maids. You can largely avert this by retrofitting her, however.
- Stance System: Has the anti-air mode skill which trades firepower for anti-air, which in her case further aggravates her overspecialization.
- Support Party Member: Has a number of buff skills, and heavily reinforced by her rather lacking offensive stats (pre-remodel).
- Uniformity Exception: The only Town-class that doesn't have white hair. Ironic, considering that, both in game and in real life, Newcastle was the first and oldest ship of the class.
Voiced by: Konomi Kohara
- Ah... I thought you were a vermin, so I fired on instinct... You're my new Master? Excuse me. I am a member of the Royal Maids, Light Cruiser Sheffield. I am yours to command.
- Abnormal Ammo: Of all things, she orders (and uses) cleaning bullets from Akashi in her character quest. They're made of special material and loaded with detergent just so she can clean hard-to-reach places.
- Affectionate Nickname: Jamaica and Newcastle call her "Sheffy" from time to time, and by part five of Sheffy's own character quest she encourages the commander to do the same.
- Appeal to Force: In Queen's Orders, her plan to help Belfast beat Long Island at video games, thus allowing the maids to clean Long Island's room, boils down to "hold a gun to Long Island's head". She does reveal that it wasn't actually loaded afterwards, but still.
- Coat Cape: Wears one in her "Cloak and Dagger" skin.
- Critical Hit Class: One of her skills increase both critical hit rate and damage from them.
- Foil: Unlike Belfast who heavily dotes on the commander, she's far more strict and stern about her duties. However in her "Like" line, she admits she's envious of Belfast's way of doing things.
- She also proves to be one to Sirius who's more doting than Belfast and while also skilled in combat, her ability as an actual maid is left wanting. There's also contrasting outfits/figures.
- Guns Akimbo: Two of her secondary turrets are depicted as pistols that she wields. She references them in several lines, including claiming that using pistols to "clean" things is common knowledge among maids.
- Gun Nut: Guns are her hobby, and she's quite passionate about them.
- Ninja Maid: Even more so than her sisters, as her "Cloak and Dagger" skin heavily implies that she's also a secret agent, and many of her lines heavily imply that her primary job is "cleaning" things up with her pistol, such as "garbage", to the point that she doesn't have a single line where the word clean, cleaning, or garbage isn't in airquotes. Unlike Sirius, she appears to be a pretty competent maid.
- Red Baron: Shiny Sheff, a nod to her fittings constructed from stainless steel instead of the traditional brass, and the name of one of her skills.
- Servile Snarker: From the very beginning she's sarcastic and insulting to the commander, but she dismisses her insults as non-serious and still cleans, cooks, and cares for the commander as secretary.
- Shout-Out: Her pledge line is a reference to Roberta's oath in Black Lagoon. Her outfit is also based off of Roberta's.
- Smash Sisters: Is this with Jamaica, though the latter references it more. It references the time both ships rescued a convoy from some German ships. They also both were featured in the Winter's Crown event.
- The Stoic: Comes off as pretty cold compared to her sisters, though at a high affection she starts to show a few hints of her feelings while still maintaining her tone.
- Token Religious Teammate: Downplayed compared to Fortune, but due to the aforementioned shout out, she is one of the few ships to make reference to Christianity, mentioning the Virgin Mary in her pledge line. She also has three Petrine crosses on her default outfit, and one on her "Cloak and Dagger" outfit, as well as one on the briefcase in the latter outfit. Oddly, despite serving the equivalent of the British Monarchy, her references make her seem more Catholic than Anglicannote .
Voiced by: Yuko Goto
- This is my turn, you might say! I'm 'her' big sister, Edinburgh! In a sense, I am the "most accomplished" light cruiser!
- Armor-Piercing Attack: She has a skill that increases the damage of AP shots.
- Always Someone Better: Belfast is that someone better.
- Big Sister Worship: Inverted, while she feels inferior to her sister, she also is rather attached to Belfast. She's even more affectionate towards Little Bel.
- Cowardly Lion: She would rather protect the gold she was tasked with carrying and protecting even if it means retreating, but still does the job.
- Dojikko: She has a way of falling over things or forgetting them. She even has glasses to boot.
- Historical In-Joke:
- The gold bullion she was sunk with has become a semi-common reference in her lines and can be seen falling out of her skirt in her normal art.
- When in the same fleet with Belfast, she will mention that it is unthinkable the two sisters can fight together. Historically speaking, Belfast was hit with a mine and underwent extensive repair, and during this time, Edinburgh did all the jobs expected for a cruiser. When Belfast was done repairing, Edinburgh unfortunately got sunk while transporting a cargo of gold (which is seen in her default outfit), thus the two never had a chance to fight in the same taskforce together.
- Supreme Chef: According to the tea time mini event, she's actually better than Belfast at cooking.
Voiced by: Yui Horie
- Are you my master? Pleasure to meet you. I am Belfast the maid. From now on, I dedicate myself to you.
The personification of HMS Belfast, and the current head of the Royal Maids. Is also the most popular, for some reason.
- The Ace: Her position of head maid is well earned as she's hardly rivaled in every relevant area. Even older maid light cruisers are impressed by her.
- Big Little Sister: Edinburgh is the older sister, though it's hard to tell looking at them.
- Cool Big Sis: Towards the younger maids, especially Little Bel. It's part of her duty as the head maid to, in her words, "instruct, raise, and nurture new recruits".
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Belfast is noted to be proficient at nearly everything, befitting her status as a head maid.
- Lightning Bruiser: In-game, she has above average stats in most departments and excellent offensive and defensive skills, making her useful in nearly every build and one of the most powerful ships in the game overall. This comes with a price to match her rarity, but it is definitely worth.
- Kill It with Fire: Her main skill increases the likelihood of her High Explosive shots to cause burn on enemy ships and their damage.
- Leitmotif: Oath
- Miss Fanservice: A very attractive maid with plenty of cleavage showing is quite a mix. However her art doesn't play up her more fanservicey elements as they could.
- Her Lunar new year Qipao skin however heavily emphasizes her curves and legs.
- Shout-Out: Both of her skills seems to be modeled after her World of Warships self, especially given that even in Azur Lane, British CLs' specialty is still AP shells and in real life British CLs aren't issued with HE shells, only Semi-AP shells. Her initial equipment is AP matching with the real specialty.
- Her HE skill icon is a shout out to a scene in Black Lagoon, in which the killer maid Roberta lifted her maid skirt to drop a dozen live grenades on the floor after she wiped the floor with a whole bar of mafia goons. While performing a formal farewell bow. A shoutout that also pretty much sums up the performance of Belfast in combat.
- Smoke Out: Her Smokescreen: Light Cruiser skill creates a smokescreen every 20 seconds that increases the evasion rate of the escort fleet as well as reducing their airstrike damage within its Area of Effect.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Yui Horie
- So the Master is the Commander... Erm, is this my Master's room? I don't really understand, but... it seems I can stay here for a while, right? I am the maid Belfast, a pleasure to meet you.
- Big Sister Worship: Looks up to her older sister, Belfast, and hopes to follow in her footsteps.
- Dub Name Change: For the English server, her name was changed from Belchan to Belette, as seen in Sirius' character quest. It was later changed further to "Little Bel" for the release of the Operation Manjuu event in that region. The EN version of Operation Manjuu actually expands one scene a bit to justify this by having Akashi mention◊ that she wanted to call her Belchan, Japanese-style, but Yuubari objected, arguing that her name should be more fitting for a Royal Navy ship. This also helps justify why Zeppy was called that way on EN, but Akagi-chan and Hiei-chan were left untouched.
- Fountain of Youth: She's a younger version of Belfast as a separate ship, with her own skillset.
- Our Clones Are Identical: She's a younger clone of Belfast due to Akashi and Yubari's Freak Lab Accident after Belfast walked into their attempt to study a Wisdom Cube's internal structure with a captured Siren laser. However, it's pointed out by Belfast that she never looked like Little Bel, as ship girls are born looking exactly like they do in-game.
- Which raises the question if this applied to all ship girls from all factions, or Royal Navy only? We can see clearly from Azur Lane Official Trailer 2 that all Yorktown-class aircraft carriers (Yorktown herself, Enterprise and Hornet) did have their own childhood.
- Support Party Member: She has two unique skills: one that raises her own speed and evasion and one that heals everyone at the start of each battle.
Voiced by: Ruriko Aoki
- Pleasure to meet you, I am Sirius from the Royal Navy, arriving here to take up my post. From this moment, I will protect the Master's honor and beliefs, till my final moments.
- Artistic License History: Her Chinese lines incorrectly claim she took part in the Battle of Leyte Gulf. She spent all her service in the European theatre, mostly in the Mediterranean. The Japanese voiced dialogue accompanying the line in question does not have the error.
- BFS: She carries a really large two-hander.
- Buxom Is Better: Is easily one of the bustiest frontline ships in the game, and easily on par with the likes of Illustrious, Taihou, etc.
- Crippling Overspecialization:
- Her skill set focuses her entirely on working with a full backline of Carriers. She provides an aura that boosts the air power of all carriers in the fleet by up to 10% (which, given how high many carriers get with that stat, ends up being a lot of extra damage) and in return, each carrier present boosts her Firepower, Torpedo Power and Reload by 7%, up to a total of 21%. Combined with her other passive (a flat 20% boost to her Firepower) and any other front-line buffs you're running, this means she can get pretty crazy in a wholly carrier-focused fleet and helps carriers hit like trucks... but while her aura still works at full strength with fewer than three carriers, she takes a pretty hefty attack power hit for each missing CV, and with no carriers, she's basically pointless. You either have to commit to a heavy carrier fleet to make the most of her or accept that she'll underperform, and in the latter case, you'll often look elsewhere.
- While not as bad as many other AA-leaning Light Cruisers, her stats are still slanted toward anti-air at the expense of base firepower and torp power. While firepower isn't as much of an issue (both her skills factor in gear bonuses, so once those get multiplied into the deal, her Firepower can quickly skyrocket if she's in a proper fleet) her torpedoes will never be great, needing an Oxygen Torpedo Aux to compensate. She is really good at shooting planes down, but if you want to make the most out of her, you should focus more on manual front line Anti Air efforts more than usual.
- Gender-Blender Name: Named for a star that is, in turn, named for a male dog from Greek mythology.
- Lethal Chef: Downplayed, a few of her lines reference her cooking and issues with it, signs that her ability as an actual maid are left wanting.
- Miss Fanservice: Takes this a level further than Belfast with more curves, a shorter dress, an even more doting personality, and more suggestive dialogue."I do apologize. Not only am I unable to fully carry out my duties as a secretary, I've even wasted your highly valuable time, my honourable Master... Please... Please teach this naughty maid some proper manners!"
- Ninja Maid: Though, Knight Maid would be more fitting. She's noted for her combat and bodyguarding skills, being the chief bodyguard of the Royal Maids. Her actual maid skills... not so much. Belfast actually states that ordinary maid work isn't normally part of Sirius' job during her questline, and Sheffield states that she's responsible for security in Queen's Orders.
- Shout-Out: It would surprise no one if she was inspired by 2B
- The Stoic: Slightly downplayed, but she is not particularly expressive, thus requiring a closer look to notice changes.
- Support Party Member: Has a mutual buffing relationship with carriers; she buffs them and they buff her.
Voiced by: Sawako Hata
- Hello, Fiji has arrived! So you are the commander? Hmm...en...pfft, pretty reliable looking aren't ya. I will be in your care from now on, com~man~der!
- Hellish Pupils: Subverted; despite the slit pupils, she's a genuinely friendly sort.
- Historical In-Joke:
- The name of one of her anti-aircraft skill, "Crete's Black Cloud", is a reference to something her commanding officer apparently said to Admiral Cunningham during the Battle of Crete (The only record of it is a letter Cunningham wrote to Admiral Sir Dudley Pound). While reporting the situation to Cunningham, he apparently said that the sky over HMS Gloucester was so full of planes that it looked black. Both ships were sunk by German aircraft during the battle.
- She mentions in her biography that she is pretty much the nameship of her class. Due to the majority of the ships being of the Fiji-subclass, and the Ceylon-subclass only having minor differences, the Crown Colony-class was often called the Fiji-class.
- My Greatest Failure: Downplayed. She's not exactly all that happy about her service record consisting only of being sunk at the Battle of Crete, for the most part she's come to terms with it, and simply decides she'll have to learn from it.
- Nice Girl: She's quite nice, not even getting angry if the Commander gropes her. If the fleet she's in gets defeated, she tell the commander to grab the others and run, with the implication that she's planning on staying behind to buy time.
- Pervert Revenge Mode: Played with; at a middle affection level, the commander will catch her in a particular state of undress, but unlike a normal example, she's rather okay and figures she'd just catch the commander in a similar state herself.
- Rare Random Drop: Is rather infamous for how rare she is despite being a Rare/Uncommon/Blue rarity shipgirl to the point where it's very common for someone to farm the stages with her during "Winter's Crown" and have no luck.
Voiced by: Juuko Sanpei
- Ugh...! My eye is throbbing again... So you're the Boss, huh? The name's Jamaica. All is in the name of Justice...
- Badass Biker: Her Dark Bolt skin depicts her as this
- Chained by Fashion: Wears chains on her left arm. Since she asks the Commander if they are covering her left eye, they're probably just for aesthetic.
- Chuunibyou: She's the Evil Eye subtrope, complete with capitalizing her left Eye. The Commander actually calls her on it, telling her to "stop posing on the veranda". Oddly enough, despite her focus on her left eye, there really is something up with her right eye, since lightning will shoot out of it in her idle animation. She's nowhere near as bad as York, however.
- For Great Justice: All over the place, starting with her introduction line.
- Hidden Depths: Built her motorcycle, Dark Bolt, by herself, using parts she scavenged from Akashi's shop.
- Historical In-Joke: Mentions that, after Operation Tungsten, she was present for "the subsequent civil war". This references her taking part in the Korean War, providing fire support and sinking a few North Korean ships.
- Shout-Out: Several of her lines are Jojo quotes.
- Skunk Stripe: She has a blond streak to contrast her red hair.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Mikako Izawa
- Me? I am Neptune, a Royal Navy large cruiser. (Giggle) I'll make sure that you'll never forget me♪ I'm pleased to be of service♪
- Armor-Piercing Attack: She does bonus damage with AP shots, reflecting the fact that in World of Warships, British Light cruisers have high-performance AP shells (and lacking HE shells altogether).
- The Baroness: Like Ajax, she has a heavy shade of this. Overlaps with Smug Super as she's aware of her superior ability.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Only for EN server, but she first appeared there as the [headnod] emote.
- Gender-Blender Name: Named for a male Roman god.
- Last Chance Hit Point: Once per battle if her HP gets low enough, she gets healed 15% of her HP. In addition, she Turns Red.
- Name's the Same: Same as Neptune from Neptunia, since they're both named after the Roman god of the sea, although in case of HDN Neptune it's more roundabout since she's named after the planet Neptune, which is named after the god.
- Prongs of Poseidon: She carries a trident. This is because her namesake is basically Roman version of Poseidon.
- Shout-Out: 2 of her skills are Shout-Out to World of Warships, namely: "MKV-class AP Shell" is to British cruisers' enhanced AP performance note , and "Goddess of the Sea" is to her "Repair Party" consumable, although hers function like Phoenix's skill rather than like Monarch's, whose skill functions more similarly to her World of Warships counterpart.
- Super Prototype: She's designed as successor to the 1943 Minotaur/Swiftsure-class, reversing the trend for cheaper ships that has been going on in the Royal Navy, instead the designers went for improved Belfast with 12 6-inch dual purpose guns. The only reason she wasn't built was because the war ended, and the design team shifted focus to the 1947 Minotaur-class.
- Turns Red: If her HP falls below 20%, she gains a reload boost.
Heavy Cruisers (CA)
- Glass Cannon: Generally tends to be how the Kent and London subclasses play - they're Heavy Cruisers with light armor, so they not only take a crapload of damage from most shots, their evasion is bottom-barrel for the most part (barring lv110-120). Most of them make up for it by having skills that allow them to do stupid amounts of damage for their rarity (with post-retrofit Suffolk really taking the crown), but London suffers from this harder than others due to her skillset. The light armor is part of a Historical In-Joke on the WW2 motto "Speed is armor", which was ultimately found wanting in practice. The Norfolk subclass averts this trope entirely.
- Moveset Clone: Ultimately subverted. The Rare County-class trio of Kent, Suffolk, and Shropshire have almost identical stats* and skills (Suffolk pre-retrofit has only Double Gun like Shropshire does, while Kent distinguishes herself with Assault Order instead). But since Suffolk has a retrofit that gives her a third skill, it basically means that Shropshire's left in the dust as a pre-retrofit Suffolk moveset clone, and Kent's still relatively unique.
- Buxom Is Better: Both ships have sizable chests.
- Meido: Their motif appears to be waitress or hostess club-themed maids, though on retrofit, Suffolk's outfit becomes more that of a real maid's. They are, however, still part of the Royal Maids, being present during Sirius' quest line while the rest of the maids are teaching Sirius, cleaning under Sheffield's supervision in Sheff's quest line, and being shown as part of them in Queen's Orders.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Hisako Kanemoto
- Hey! Commander, I'm Kent! How have you been lately? Whether good or bad, since Kent is here it's going to be all right!
- Com Mons: "HEY SHIKIKAN" will haunt your limited build gacha rolls. This is a result of most limited gachas being based on either the heavy or special pools, both of which contain heavy cruisers and have relatively few rare (blue-rarity) ships, so when you roll a blue, there are pretty good odds that it's Kent, Suffolk, Norfolk, or Shropshire.
- Passionate Sports Girl: She often refers to herself as "Contestant Kent" and most of her lines have something to do with athletics.
- Vapor Wear: Does not seem to wear anything under her shirt. It's a nod to her thin armoring scheme.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Akari Uehara
- Where am I...? Ahh, excuse me! Do you kno... Oh! You're the commander? This is great! I'm Suffolk, I finally found you!
- Animal Motifs: The sheep.
- Animation Bump: One of the few ships that has multiple expressions when not in chibi form, and she has a fair number as well. She's notable as she has this before it became commonplace in newer ships, and even gets shown off in the intro.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: She often gets distracted watching the sky.
- Fanservice Pack: Her retrofit at least emphasizes her curves a great deal more if not increase them.
- Glass Cannon: The queen of it among her sisters. All three of her skills are focused on offense and her retrofit further skyrockets her offense for her rarity, but her decent HP is offset by only light armor and classically low heavy cruiser evasion.
- More Dakka: Her "Double Gun" skill adds another salvo when triggered. It's a skill commonly found on Eagle Union heavy cruisers.
- The Slacker: Sirius' sub story has her revealing some tendency of slacking, offering lessons on slacking and avoiding work to Sirius.
Voiced by: Naomi Mukaiyama
- I'm London, the first ship of the London-class heavy cruisers. While a member of the 1st Cruiser Squadron, I participated in battles on the North Atlantic and Pacific Ocean. If there's a mission, rest assured and leave it to me!
- Achilles' Heel: Her armor. Her skill design means she wants to be a supportive unit and is mostly there to buff the firepower of her fellows. However, unlike many other ships with similar aura effects... she remains a Heavy Cruiser with light armor. This means that not only does she take a ton of damage when hit, but her evasion largely crap. And unlike her sisters, she doesn't have Glass Cannon gameplay to make up for it. As a result, she's inferior to someone like, say, Leipzig (who has a similar aura skill that needs a bit more investment to be really worthwhile, but also possesses three times London's evasion while having equivalent HP).
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: As of launch, the English version of the game officially translates her as a member of the "First Cruising Fleet", rather than the actual historical name of the unit, "1st Cruiser Squadron".
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible sibling to Shropshire, but not so much according to Sussex, whom she's the foolish sibling to.
- Historical In-Joke: One of her secretary lines has her ask the Commander if they know where Amethyst is, stating that she can't find her anywhere. This is a reference to the Yangtze Incident, during which HMS Amethyst was attacked by PLA forces and ran aground. HMS London was involved in a failed attempt to rescue the Amethystnote
- Meganekko: She wears red framed glasses.
- Nice Girl: Noted for being kind, sometimes too much (in Sussex's opinion).
- Support Party Member: She buffs the firepower of the front line. Notable is that she can buff all the vanguard ships regardless of their class.
- Are you the Commander? Hmph, I'll be up front with the ugly words first, I'm not easily swayed like my big sister. I, Sussex, am very strict!
- Big Sister Worship: While she may criticize London's kindness, she does look up to her and seeks to make things easier for her.
- Buxom Is Better: Most curvy of her sisters.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible sibling to Shropshire, and, to a lesser degree, towards London.
- Nice Girl: Downplayed. While she is strict at times, she only does it because she wants to help others improve or to reduce the stress on her big sister. She's never overly critical or unfair, she's completely willing to compliment the commander on a job well done without any hesitation, she takes the blame if the fleet she's in is defeated, and she cares about the well being of the fleet.
Voiced by:Ibuki Kido
- London class' youngest, Shropshire, reporting for duty~ I've been told that I am air-headed and gullible, so I'll be giving you some problems~ Well then, my time awaits~
- Attention Whore: Her biography somewhat implies this, mentioning how giving her a little bit of attention will earn big points with her, but several of her quotes avert this, telling the commander that they should pay attention to a returning commission team, or that they should praise the others as well.
- Dojikko: Invokes this to make herself look cuter, and even comments on the idea.
- The Fake Cutie: All but admits that much "cute" behaviour is something she purposefully puts on.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish to both of her sisters, being more focused on flirting and pretending to be an airhead than working hard or helping the commander.
- Shout-Out: Her quote for when she uses a skill is "Ganbara Knight", which is a Yugioh card
- The Tease: She flirts quite openly with the Commander, and in almost every single line she has, but is quite upset in her "Special Touch" quote.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Hiromi Sakuma
- H-hello, Commander... I'm... Norfolk... Um... Uh... It's a pleasure to meet you...
- Historical In-Joke: Her clothing seems to be more suited for cold weather, with a hood and a caplet, referencing the fact that she primarily saw service in the North Atlantic, in the North Sea, and near the Arctic.
- In the Hood: Her red hood is one of the most obvious things about her.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Her Forward Armor skill releases a shield that blocks a certain number of hits before it wears off.
- Shrinking Violet: Above quote sums it up well. Why exactly she's depicted as this is unknown, considering the ship actually did a fair number of important things, including directly engaging and scoring hits on the battleship Scharnhorst (and receiving hits in return), acting as a flagship on two different occasions, providing escort for the difficult Arctic convoys, and transporting the Norwegian Royal Family back to Norway after their five-years in exile.
- Stone Wall: Unlike her Glass Cannon siblings, she's this trope with medium armor and a single unique defensive skill besides the generic All Out Assault. Notably, she has the absolute lowest Firepower and relevant Torpedo stat of all heavy cruisers, regardless of rarity, but the 7th-highest HP stat (3rd-highest in her rarity) of all heavy cruisers.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Manami Numakura
- Hello, I'm Norfolk's little sister, Dorsetshire~! I look more mature than my sister? Surely you jest! She's my role model!
- Big Little Sister: She is the youngest of the County-class siblings, but looking at her, it does not seem to be the case, especially compared to Norfolk. Lampshaded by her introduction quote.
- Big Sister Worship: She adores Norfolk and always speaks highly of her, calling her a role model. While it does seem odd due to how the game depicts Norfolk, those who know the history of HMS Norfolk know that she has a fair number of achievements to her name (detailed above).
- Collection Sidequest: She's unlocked as a playable ship only after 20 total stars have been obtained from the other 5 County-class cruisers (London, Shropshire, Kent, Suffolk, Norfolk) note — a free copy is then given as a reward, and future copies can be obtained from the build menu to help with limit-breaking.
- Critical Hit Class: Her Journey's End skill increases the critical hit rate and critical damage of her torpedoes.
- Mighty Glacier: While she has the second-lowest Firepower of all heavy cruisers (barely above her sister Norfolk), she has a critical hit and damage buff for Torpedoes and the tie-highest Torpedo stat and fifth-highest HP stat among heavy cruisers, with medium armor to boot. Besides the practical difference in her Glass Cannon siblings' specialization in Firepower instead of Torpedoes, Dorsetshire is a worthy reward and thematic combination of Norfolk's tankiness and her sisters' damage.
- Chained by Fashion: They get anchor chains on retrofit.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: They wear one white and one black stocking and legging except in York's pre-retrofit form (where she wears two black stockings). Post-retrofit, they notably mirror each other — Exeter wears white on her right leg, black on her left, while York does the opposite.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Exeter is the one who references it more often, but both are members of the Royal Family.
Voiced by: Nozomi Yamane
- If you were able to find me then you are also a user of the Force, no? I'm York, the magic-wielding York-class heavy cruiser. Let us fight against Fortune together.
- Chuunibyou: Main reason behind of varied mannerisms and naming of otherwise normal skills (same basic skill in effect as her sister). Subverted by the fact that she does actually have the ability to use magic, as does her sister.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish one to Exeter's responsible one. She's a chuuni to such a degree that she puts Jamaica to shame, never seems to break character, and it can actually be hard to tell what each of her secretary alerts refer to at first.
- Glass Cannon: While she doesn't have it as bad as Wichita and post-retrofit Suffolk, she has an offensive ability rather than a defensive one despite having medium armor.
- Historical In-Joke: Her biography mentions that one day she hopes to conquer the Nightmare of Suda Bay. HMS York was wrecked by Italian explosive motorboatsnote in Suda Bay, Crete.
- Large Ham: She tends to be overly dramatic.
- Shout-Out: Her design and voice lines make her out to be like a Jedi Knight (down to referencing the Force) and maybe Owain. She even does the Owain pose on retrofit.
Voiced by: Ai Kakuma
- I'm Exeter, the second ship of the York-class heavy cruisers. I swear on the name of the Royal Navy, that I'll be an asset to your cause!
- Big Little Sister: Is very mature looking, especially compared to her sister, who could be mistaken for being as young as or younger than some destroyers. She also acts far more mature than her older sister.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible one to York's foolish. She's focussed, hard-working, has a strong sense of duty, down-to-earth, and quite sensible (to the point that she asks the commander if she should change her outfit, as her skirt's too long and keeps getting wet while at sea).
- Historical In-Joke: Several of her lines mention that she's a member of the Royal Family. The city of Exeter was firmly in Royalist hands for most of the English Civil War, and was one of the last Royalist cities to fall into Parliamentarian hands.
- She's Got Legs: Particularly post-retrofit.
- Status Buff: Her Defensive Order skill temporarily increases the entire fleet's defense.
- Taking You with Me: Defied. During the second stage of the "Pursuit of Graf Spee" event, she gets critically injured and intends to ram the Graf Spee to finish them both off, but Ajax (who is commanding the operation) orders her to return to base to get repaired instead.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With Ajax during the "Pursuit of Graf Spee" event as they hunt the titular ship.
Voiced by: Atsuko Tanaka
- Are you the commander? Greetings and well met. I'm the glory of the Royal Navy: Hood. Wherever I go, victory follows.
- Covert Pervert:
- She's responsible for Cygnet's skimpy summer and winter outfits. Makes you wonder...
- Also implied by her crush quote, where she gets very close to the commander, and remarks that a lady must seize the initiative towards the targets of their affection.
- However, she has limits: She's unamused if you touch her chest, telling the commander that they should understand the consequences of disrespecting a lady.
- Hidden Buxom: Her swimsuit and wedding dress reveal a bustline that her default outfit doesn't even hint at.
- Hidden Depths: Despite her calm and proper demeanour, her dying thoughts in Scherzo of Iron and Blood imply that she was extremely burdened by being the Pride of the Royal Navy, thinking "May I finally be able to put down this crown of thorns".
- Historical In-Joke:
- Her failing sight is a reference to mistaking Prinz Eugen for Bismarck in the Battle of Denmark Strait.
- If deployed with Renown, she will tell her to not get distracted, a reference to an incident where Renown accidentally struck one of Hood's propellers.
- The blue badge on her caplet is the ship badge of HMS Hood.
- Lady of War: Is extremely elegant, proper, polite, and quite capable of defeating targets in a single volley, if you get a bit lucky with her skill. Even her swimsuit skin does nothing to diminish this.
- Ma'am Shock: Judging by the fact that Abercrombie goes running to Wales right afterwards, talking about how intimidating Hood is, she does not appreciate the monitor referring to her as "Auntie Hood". Queen's Orders shows this to be a fact, as her response to Abercrombie calling her "Auntie" there is to tell her to never call her that again.
- Major Injury Underreaction: If her HP gets too low, she will remark that even she is slightly angered.
- Motherly Side Plait: She has this on the her right side, however, she only has it tied up in her beach skin, letting it simply hang loosely in her other two. Fittingly, she has a somewhat motherly demeanour when it comes to the rest of the Royal Navy, and she dies in the prologue/tutorial, which takes place several months before the main story kicks offnote .
- Regal Ringlets: Combines this with her Motherly Side Plait. Her side plait is also a loose ringlet, which is even more visible in her Beach and Wedding skins. It fits her upper-class, elegant demeanour.
- Sacrificial Lion: Considered one of the best battlecruisers in the world at the time* and the Pride of the Royal Navy. To say that her sudden and quick loss to Bismarck was demoralizing was an understatement, although this was also used by Churchill as a catalyst to rally the rest of the fleet in hunting the Bismarck.
- Spot of Tea: Offers the Commander tea when they log in and when they return to port, and mentions that a great commander must have an in-depth knowledge of tea. Part of Grenville's training under her is learning how to make tea.
- Support Party Member: While her skill will help her damage a good deal (her Firepower score is the second-lowest of any BB/BC in the game, discounting monitors), her skill's real claim to fame is the 40% increase in Reload it grants for eight seconds, vastly accelerating your main fleet's attack speed. Pair her with someone like Warspite and watch the enemy melt.
- Taste of Power: She is playable for a short time in the tutorial.
- Stone Wall: Especially compared to the only other super-rare battlecruiser, Amagi, Hood is badly lacking in the offensive department. She has the second-lowest firepower of all non-monitor battleship-type units (only Mikasa is lower, but Mikasa has other gimmicks which help her out)... however, Hood has one the highest hitpoint totals in the game by far (at a staggering 7677 at level 100 - only a few of the Research battleships outdo this, and only Tirpitz comes close among the rest of the cast) and the best anti-air of any main fleet ship that isn't a USN battleship. That said, if you max out her skill and she gets a bit lucky with the pattern, the additional barrage effect of it can still allow her to dish out some pain, but if the RNG is cruel, you'll really notice the difference.
- Utility Party Member: Her Glory of the Royal Navy skill lets her fire a special barrage and grants the backline a massive reload buff for 8 seconds, allowing them to fire their guns and activate their skills faster.
- The Worf Effect: She gets taken out in with a single hit by Bismarck in the tutorial. Justified, as this actually happened in the historical Battle of Denmark Strait. note
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Wears the Union Jack as a capelet.
- Bare Your Midriff: Both wear midriff baring outfits.
- Crutch Character: The Renown-class ships are actually pretty decent when you first acquire themnote , but easily fall behind once players obtain other battlecruisers such as Hood note or actual battleships such as Warspite note and the Nelson-class shipsnote . Repulse gets it especially bad, since she's got the second-lowest HP of any non-monitor battleship-type unit and the third-lowest Firepower (with the two below her, Hood and Mikasa, having gimmicks that make their low FP stat not as big a deal) meaning that even with good Counterattack procs, other BBs and BCs quickly begin to outpace her.
- Cool Sword: Both of them carry swords with them.
- Older Than They Look: As is fairly often the case with BBs and BCs, both of them have the look of young women but were fairly old for warships by the time of World War II, as they both entered service in World War I, a few months after Jutland. Especially odd is that they are consistently shown as the younger battlecruisers in comparison to Hood, despite both being completed and commissioned in 1916, the year Hood was laid down(she wasn't completed until 1918, and wasn't commissioned until 1920). It's a bit less pronounced with Renown, at least, who acts like an Officer and a Gentlewoman (if one who's as dense as a rock romantically), but Repulse usually comes across as more like a hyperactive teenager than anything.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Thigh-high boots with blue trim.
Voiced by: Ai Kayano
- I'm Renown, the Renown-class battlecruiser of the Royal Navy. Give me your orders! Wherever you point your sword is where I will aim my cannons, Commander!
- Adorkable: She gets incredibly flustered upon pledging. Also happens during on one of the idle lines, where she says she'll thank you on behalf of "Renown" for thinking she's cute, before realizing it's her.
- Braids of Action: She has this in the back, which is barely visible.
- Charged Attack: Her Final Glory skill increases the damage of her next volley after firing her main gun.
- Cry Cute: Halfway thru her pledge line.
- The Ditz: Downplayed, but it takes a special sort of person to not know what a love letter is, and somehow mistake it for a) someone being in love with a letter (English), b) someone writing a book with a piano (Chinese), or c), someone talking about a variant of an obscure North African woodwind instrument (Japanese). She also takes a moment to remember that she is Renown during one of her secretary lines, after the Commander says she is cute.
- Expy: Looks very similar to Saber and Violet, and is voiced by Darkness. Takes more after Violet in regards to love.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible sibling to Repulse, despite being a total Ditz.
- Love at First Sight: The commander falls for this with Renown. Getting her affection up is about trying to get Renown to realize you're in love with her, until it finally clicks during her pledge!
- Oblivious to Love: In her Crush line, she's confused by the commander lighting a series of candles shaped into a heart on the beach, and drives them to tears by pointing out that the wind would blow them out. She doesn't even get it in her Love line — the commander has to pledge to her before she finally puts two and two together.
- Even before that, she reveals that she has no idea what a love letter is, thinking that it literally refers to someone being in love with a letter.In other languages
- Prim and Proper Bun: Contrasts with Repulse's Tomboyish Ponytail.
Voiced by: Koharu Nogata
- I'm Repulse, the Renown-class battlecruiser. I participated in the pursuit of Bismarck, but could not catch her. From that time on, I was a member of Force Z I don't want to see a torpedo ever again
- Counter Attack: Her Z's Counterattack skill increases her own reload rate whenever she gets hit, allowing her to fire her guns more quickly while being attacked.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish sibling to Renown, though she's generally less of a ditz than her sister.
- Genki Girl: She is always excitable and enthusiastic.
- Starter Mon: She is the first battlecruiser obtained by the player in the game from a very early quest reward.
- Tomboy: In contrast to most British battleships, she completely lacks elegance, even moreso than Warspite. She also speaks in a rather casual manner.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Hard to see, but she has a ponytail.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Torpedoes, in reference to her ultimate fate at the Naval Battle of Malaya.
- All Hallows' Eve: Their designs and voice lines have heavy Halloween references on them.
- Boring, but Practical: They lack the ability to do a three volley normal attack like battleships and battlecruisers (they can only do two volleys), the armor of battleships or even battlecruisers and carriers (monitors are the only main fleet combatants with 'light' armor), or the hit point pools of other main fleet units (most battleships and battlecruisers have twice their health). However, they're extremely practical for farming fleets due to their effective barrage and low oil consumption.
- Crippling Overspecialization: In this case, wholly intentional in design. They have all of the issues above - volley size, light armor, sub-Heavy Cruiser HP, et cetera - but among ships with a "volley after set time" skill, theirs takes the cake in that it is absolutely, unquestionably, able to clear an even-level wave when it goes off, and is so big it will often continue into the next wave. There is a further limitation, though - the spread pattern is such that the volley needs to be fired from the center of your formation for maximum effectiveness, meaning you need to make these fragile girls your flagship in order to get the most out of them... meaning further that, if they get taken down, it's an automatic defeat.
- Glass Cannon: They have most of the firepower of Battleships but they are rather fragile with low hitpoints and are the only main fleet ships (along with the Roberts-class monitors) with 'light' armor. This is to balance their low fuel cost and completely bonkers volley skill.
- More Dakka: Their Infinite Darkness skill lets them fire a heavy barrage of bullets within a straight line.
- Moveset Clone: Erebus and Terror have almost identical stats, weapon efficiencies, and skills. The one mechanical difference is their Luck Stats — Erebus has an incredibly high 91, while Terror has an incredibly low 19 as part of a Historical In-Joke that one was sunk while the other survived, with their luck stats being exact opposites of each other.
- Older Than They Look: Erebus is an Elegant Gothic Lolita and Terror is basically a "lolita Frankenstein", so they both look like little girls. Both ships/girls were commissioned during World War One and are some of the absolute oldest ships on the roster. You have to start discussing things like Langley's early life as a collier to get to ships older than them.
Voiced by: Saya Horigome
- It was you, was it not, Commander? I am Erebus I came to answer your call from a dark world far, far away.
- Cool Big Sis: She makes it clear that she cares a lot about her little sister.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: She has this outfit by default, and her unique outfit has a black dress with even more frills.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Acts as this to her sister, mentioning that she's helpless without her, and that she's been taking care of her since they were born. It's zigzagged, however, in that Erebus also admits that she's become just as dependant on Terror as Terror is on her, saying that's she'd be just as helpless without Terror, and that she's terrified by the idea of becoming used to being alone. Tragically, the real HMS Erebus did end up alone, surviving the war while her sister ship was scuttled after being bombed in 1941.
- Psychopomp: Her examination line has her state:
Voiced by: Maia
- I'm the Monitor ship... Terror. Abercrombie won't stand against me and my sister. We spent a lot of time in the Dardanelles strait. If you want naval gunfire support aimed at land... I could do that with my eyes closed...
- Bandage Babe: Her halloween skin, where that's all she's wearing.
- Expy: To Frankenstein and her Halloween skin highly resembles Fran's swimsuit.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: Featured in both her outfit, of the cute variety. Interestingly, they are also detached sleeves.
- Hellish Pupils: Her eyes look like Vampire's.
- Historical In-Joke: In her case, it's her Frankenstein-like appearance. Terror was, by WW2, an old vessel and had undergone several extremely radical overhauls and refits, the first from early in her career during WW1. By the time of Operation Compass, barely anything remained of the ship that launched in 1916, and a lot of her parts were falling to bits regardless - her turret infamously wore out its rifling mid-campaignnote , relegating her to purely anti-air duty.
- Shrinking Violet: Often stutters and pauses during her lines, mentions being scared, and is nervous every time she goes into a battle.
- Third-Person Person: Usually refers to herself as "Terror" rather than "I".
Voiced by: Juri Nagatsuma
- I'm the monitor Abercrombie, along with my sister we've completed many land support missions in the Mediterranean. Hehe~ As I thought, bombarding stationary targets is a lot more fun~
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Manages to be one to Roberts despite Roberts not actually being in any version of the game yet. She steals her crisps, gives them to the commander, then calls Roberts over, claiming that the Commander stole them.
- Bratty Half-Pint: She puts habanero in Nelson's curry, hides your mail and refuses to give it back unless you give her treats, randomly fires off shots out of boredom, gives you crisps, then reveals she stole them from Roberts by telling Roberts you stole them, and calls Hood "Auntie". She also outright hits you with her Mark I in her upset linenote .
- The Ghost: Not her, but her sister Roberts. While many ships will sometimes reference other ships in their class that haven't been added to the game, Abercrombie is somewhat unique in that some of her lines state Roberts is actually present at the naval base, despite her not having been added to any version of the game.
- Gun Nut: Absolutely loves shooting things with her Mark I, to the point where most of her lines reference it (and most of the other ones are her being a brat), randomly shoots it when she's bored, collects shells as a hobby, and refers to her Mark I as her most prized possession. Her love line even has her wondering why the Commander and the Mark I can't be one.
- A Day in the Limelight: One of the most prominent licensed side products for the game, the manga Azur Lane: Queen's Orders, features Elizabeth and Warspite, and the various (mis)adventures they get into trying to run the Azur Lane base while the Commander recovers from overwork.
- Lady and Knight: Warspite is the knight to Queen Elizabeth's lady, swearing fealty as a knight of the Royal Navy at the beginning of Queen's Orders.
- Older Than They Look: Both are among the oldest ships in the game, despite looking younger than several destroyers, and Warspite calls some other British battleships as her junior.
- Platonic Life-Partners: Both Queen's Orders and their ship lines suggest that Elizabeth and Warspite are nearly inseperable. (This is a bit ironic since they actually didn't fight together very often in real life.) It's notable in that ships of the same class or sub-class are usually portrayed as sisters, but Warspite states in Queen's Orders that they are old classmates rather than sisters, and Queen Elizabeth refers to her as an old schoolmate.
- Stealth Pun: In Queen's Orders, Queen Elizabeth states that the pair are old schoolmates, and Warspite says they were classmates.
- You Don't Look Like You: Surprisingly defied - despite another artist (Kaede) taking over their art in late 2018, he manages to reproduce the original style well enough to seem like the original artist came back. Only a sharp eye would notice certain quirks of Kaede's style in Warspite's refit art or Elizabeth's "Queen's Ball" skin.
Queen Elizabeth (00)
Artist: MD, Yumesaki Kaede (late 2018-present)
Voiced by: Sumire Uesaka
- Are you the commander? You'd still need another 100,000 years to command me! But I will give you a chance anyway... From this day on, you will be one of my loyal servants!
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Once you raise her affection stat enough, she starts behaving like this.
- Cute Little Fang: More obvious on the loading screen.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: According to the manga, being a Royal Lonely Rich Kid, she has problems making friends.
- The Napoleon: She is short, and a rather tyrannical Tsundere.
- Petite Pride: Unlike other 'flat-chested tsunderes', she is proud of her small stature.Being petite is a royal characteristic, understand?
- Averted in Queen's Orders, where she is really annoyed whenever someone brings it up, and even more annoyed when she realises just how many of the Royal ships have large busts.
- Royal "We": Occasionally lapses into this, but inconsistently.Please do not touch our noble body so casually.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: According to both her lines and the lines of other ships, she is quite literally a queen. Despite her rather... childish and somewhat high-and-mighty attitude, other ships from Royal Navy hold her in a very high esteem, suggesting that she does command respect to a certain degree. In battle, her presence will buff other Royal Navy ships considerably, further suggesting she is a good queen at heart, and others can overlook her somewhat minor flaws, not just mandatory respect towards higher-ups.
- Tsundere: A very tsuntsun type, lampshaded by Prinz Eugen.
- Utility Party Member: Her main skill increases the overall effectiveness of all Royal Navy ships in the party.note Her aura also does stack with other, similar skills like Tactical Command. For this reason, she is the main piece of a full Royal Navy fleet (i.e. a party consisting only of Royal Navy ships). Only downside is that her own individual stats are rather middling.
Artist: MD, Yumesaki Kaede (late 2018-present)
Voiced by: Sumire Uesaka
- Pleased to meet you, I am Warspite. I hold the record for the longest range gunnery hit on a moving target Are you surprised? I'm smaller than you thought? It seems that you and me have a lot to talk about
- The Ace: One of the most decorated Royal Navy warships in history, and she's got both the level-headed attitude and stats to go with it - she has the highest Firepower stat of any ship in the game outside of Research crossover ships (and her retrofit keeps her competitive with even them).
- A-Cup Angst: She is a little disappointed in her lack of elegance compared to other British battleships despite being one of the oldest ships around.
- Badass Creed: Her crew's motto Belli Dura Despicionote made it into the game as her skill activation line.
- Boring, but Practical: While her skill set may have issues even post refit, her stats post refit do not. On top of her monstrous firepower stat, she boasts rather high reload, accuracy, luck and anti-air. And she plays well with other ships in the faction.
- Cool Sword: She always has a sword with her. And the special item required for her retrofit (and gotten from the event for it) is another cool sword.
- Crippling Overspecialization:
- Her kit in general can feel like it leans hard towards PvP just due to how her Divine Marksman skill shot moves/fires. Her refit only doubles down on this, as it fails to make said skill more PvE friendly and her new secondary skill is also geared more than a bit toward making sure her standard volleys can alpha-strike a single target in PvP.
- That said, this still isn't quite as severe as some examples... mostly by dint of Warspite having the single highest Firepower stat in the entire game, even before her retrofit, at a whopping 396. (Her retro makes it even crazier, with a higher base total and a skill that increases overall FP, gear included, by 15%.) This means that Warspite can still do pretty well for herself overall by the simple virtue of sledgehammering things to death. And while Divine Marksman is underwhelming against enemy waves (which, admittedly, makes up 90% of the game's farming), if you have to take down a big single boss enemy, like the Siren bosses in events, it becomes quite a bit more attractive.
- Cute Bruiser: She may be cute, but is still a well esteemed battleship.
- Little Bit Beastly: Subverted - She looks a lot like she has cat ears, but it's actually just a thing her hair does.
- Marked to Die: Post-retrofit, her Divine Marksman skill marks whichever ship it hits, increasing the odds of other Royal battleships auto-aim going for them. Its first salvo in every sortie also has a reduced timer, ensuring that Warspite will be able to mark a target before the rest of your main fleet fires.
- Pants-Free: Pretty obvious if you see her art. Actually a Historical In-Joke ("Look at how the Grand Old Lady can move when she lifts up her skirt") about her speed as she even references it.
- Red Baron: Known as The Old Lady or Gran' Old Lady during WW2. She even calls herself that if you choose her as a Secretary.
- Unblockable Attack: Her Divine Marksman skill lets her fire a guaranteed critical hit to the farthest enemy ship on the screen every 15 seconds. At level 6 and above she will use armor-piercing shells for this skill For Massive Damage to bigger enemy ships. This does have the downside of doing less to smaller/lighter armored ships (drastically so to light armor ships).
- The reason it is not an Always Accurate Attack is that it may not be able to hit the farthest enemy ship if it had already been sunk just before the Divine Marksman shell hits. This is especially true in PvE, which is why Warspite shines better in PvP as she is often designated to take out opposing player fleets' strongest backline threats, which usually have heavier armor to boot.
- BFG: They're both "Big Seven" ships, meaning for the time it was made they were two of the seven ships worldwide allowed to have 16 inch guns. They have a special barrage skill by the same name.
- Crutch Character: Higher grade than the Renown class as while their skill is impressive looking and good at assailing weaker enemies, the flaws in it become more and more apparent as you get later in the game and cease to have a level advantage, at which point, you'll start to want ships with better barrages, better raw stats, or who are just more efficient farmers (i.e., the Erebuses).
- Buxom Is Better: Both sisters are very well endowed.
- Gender-Blender Name: While both are named for the last names of famous admirals, both names are also male first names, unlike with Hood, who is also named for a famous admiral.
- More Dakka: Their special ability is to perform a boss-like very wide attack that clears almost all enemies on the screen and can potentially do massive damage on bosses, how much this occur is based on chance however.
- Moveset Clone: The only differences between their stats at level 100 are about 20 HP and 2 Evasion (in favor of Nelson) and 25 Luck (in favor of Rodney). Everything else from weapon efficiencies to their Big Seven skill is identical.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Yuuki Kuwahara
- You're my Commander, right? You don't seem that capable, though. I'm Nelson. For the time being, let's work together.
- Hot Witch: Her Halloween skin which is very snug on her very sizable chest. We have Rodney to thank for it.
- Historical In-Joke: If she's the flagship, she will remark that she "expect[s] everyone to do their duty", a variation on "England expects that every man will do his duty", the signal Admiral Nelson sent to his fleet at the beginning of the Battle of Trafalgar. She'll also threaten to send you to the bottom of Trafalgar if you touch her inappropriately.
- Mega Twintails: Much like her guns and chest, they're quite sizable going down to around her feet after having some minor drill shaping at the ends.
- Ojou Ringlets: She has these on her twintails.
- Team Mom: According to Abercrombie, at least, as she's referred to as "Mama Nelson" in Abercrombie's Chinese lines.
- Tsundere: Very much one, along with twintails to match.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A, despite being a Tsundere with Twintails.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Yoi Taichi
- How do you do. I'm Rodney. I'll be in your care from now on.
- Foil: To her tsundere sister as she's generally very nice/deredere with a bit of a stern side and it's increased in her swimsuit skin's lines where she's forwardly romantic, regardless of your actual affection level with her.
- The Gadfly: Toward Nelson, her sister. During Bailey's Halloween questline, Rodney stuffs Nelson into a witch costume so she can get in on the fun, and then, when Nelson is experiencing reluctance about using a flying broomstick, she shows up out of nowhere to push her off the roof she was standing on.
- Irony: In her swimsuit skin's lines, she reveals she can't swim... and unlike, say, Akagi, she does seem entirely sincere about it. This may be a Historical In-Joke about a similar inability in most British sailors for a long time (only until sometime in the 20th century did this start to be rectified).
- Artistic License History: They can equip light cruiser guns as secondaries even though historically they never didnote .
- Badass Cape: All three sisters wear capes, with King George V's being the fanciest of the three.
- Cool Sword: All three sisters carry swords, with KGV and Wales carrying officer's swords, while Duke of York carries an arming sword with a black blade.
- Gender-Blender Name: All three carry the names or titles of male members of the Royal family.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Fittingly for ships named for members of the actual British Royal Family, King George V's lines establish that she and her sisters are members of the Royal Navy's royal family.
King George V (41)
Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi
- So this is my new battlefield. Ahh, how I've long awaited this... By the way, are you my commander? You are in the presence of King George V- do use me well.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Her barrage skill is improved when she equips a certain main gun, as well as making said gun more accurate, granting it a generous boost to critical hit chance, and reducing its first salvo's cooldown by 75% each battle. The catch? The gun in question is the quadruple 356mm main cannon, one of the slowest, weakest, and most inaccurate main guns for battleships. While it can be a viable option for mob-clearing, even with the buff she will still lag behind most purple rarity main guns in terms of DPS.
- Big Eater: Loves good food, loves people who can cook good food, likes feasts, and apparently keeps a mountain of snacks with her.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Not her, but one of her skills acts as one: The Glory of the Never-Setting Sun increases the damage she does against ships from the Sakura Empire, Iron Blood, Sardinia, and Sirens. At the time of her release, there is no faction called Sardinia (though it had been mentioned as one of the signatories of the naval treaty that nearly doomed Kaga and ultimately doomed Amagi during Crimson Echoes), and it will most likely be an Italian faction and all but confirms their future addition to the game note .
- Historical In-Joke:
- Her saying that her role in the royal family is best described as "Knight Commander" is a reference to the real King George V, who was the monarch to establish the Order of the British Empire, in which "Knight Commander" is the second highest grade.
- The medals she wears are based on some of the medals George V usually wore when in dress uniform◊.
- Her being a big eater is most likely a reference to the KGV class being extremely fuel inefficient.note
- Major Injury Underreaction: Her low HP line has her simply comment "How interesting!"
- Nonindicative Name: Downplayed. While she is a member of the Royal Family, and is the flagship of their fleet, she isn't actually a king, with her stating that her role in the family is best described as "Knight Commander"
- Prince Charming: Genderbent but played straight unlike her Covert Pervert sister, also deconstructed. King George V is charming, kind, charismatic, galliant, straight forward, and a natural leader of the Royal Navy ships. However, in her character story, it was explored that her natural overflowing charisma not only overshadows Queen Elizabeth, her superior, but also made her harder to put herself in the shoes of less plucky others, in turn making some blunders when she set out to help them.
- Princess Carry: In her character story, she does this to the commander, who was at the time kidnapped by Duke of York.
- Supreme Chef: She has spent a lot of time honing her skills as a chef, so that she can provide herself with good food.
- Through Her Stomach: The reason why King George V's affection grows is that you cook for her; and upon pledging, she basically paraphrases the trope in question.
Prince of Wales (53)
Voiced by: Chinami Hashimoto
- Are you the Commander? Very well. I, Prince of Wales, shall let you witness my true strength.
- Born Unlucky: She was originally supposed to be named King Edward VIII, only for Edward VIII to abdicate the throne. Then, despite attempts to accelerate her construction, it ended up being delayed due to late delivery of her gun mounts. Then, before they actually finished construction, she was hit by a German bomber, causing severe flooding, made worse by the fact that her pump system wasn't operational yet, and her compartments weren't air-tight yet. This forced her to be dry-docked for extensive repairs before she was even completed. After that, her completion was rushed due to the need for capital ships for the war, so the various tests for many of her systems were skipped. Then her first action was the Battle of the Denmark Strait, which ended with the destruction of the Hood, and during which one of her guns stopped firing due to a malfunction, and a turret jammed during a turn, and she was badly damaged by the Bismarck and Prinz Eugen. Following the signing of the Atlantic Charter aboard her and a brief, mostly eventless stint in the Mediterranean, she was sent to the Far East to be the flagship for Force Z... which ended with her and the Repulse being sunk by Japanese aircraft. To make matters worse, the Prince of Wales was only hit once during the attack, but still sunk, taking both the Vice-Admiral in charge of Force Z and her captain with her. About the only thing that went right in her career was that she had the honour of transporting Winston Churchill to the signing of the Atlantic Charter, which was signed by him and FDR aboard the Prince of Wales. This is reflected in-game with her low Luck Stat of a mere 19, much lower than the typical sunk ship.
- Covert Pervert: She looks and generally acts like a lady and an officer, but her personality is partially based on Prince Edward, a notorious womanizer, who held the title Prince of Wales at the time, and as such, she sometimes displays unladylike behavior. Among other things, she apparently put Prinz Eugen up to wearing her infamous Barely-There Swimwear and she herself wears a positively tiny swimsuit in her summer skin. Hood's summer skin also has her mention certain things that Wales likes to do, and Monarch asks a commander who gets a bit too hands on with her not to pick up Wales' bad habits.
- Determinator: It's quite clear that she does not want a repeat of either of her failures. If defeated, she encourages the fleet to get back up and try again. If badly damaged, she tells the rest of the fleet to get up, and that they're going to go look for a fight.
- Everyone Has Standards: She may be a pervert, but she makes it quite clear that she disapproves of Ark Royal's... preferences.
- Foil: The playable one acts as one to her friend, Prinz Eugen. Wales, despite being extremely unlucky, keeps a Stiff Upper Lip, is highly driven, encourages the Commander and her allies to do their best, and does her best to cheer people up or encourage others to cheer people up. Eugen, despite being Born Lucky, is extremely apathetic, snarky, and likes to tease people. As a bonus, both are named for Princes.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible one to Duke of York. While she may be a Covert Pervert, the covert part is important, as she is otherwise highly focused, serious, and dutiful, to the point that her summer skin has offering to stay behind and do work so the Commander can relax with the others. Her combat lines are clear and concise, giving orders or encouraging her allies. Even her affection lines are more serious, with her gradually opening up to the commander about her insecurities brought on by her failures, and his love helping her recover from it.
- Downplayed in regards to King George V. KGV is quite serious and dutiful, just like Wales, but she does have a bit of an obsession with food.
- Historical In-Joke: Her uniform is based on the full dress uniform of an officer in the Grenadier Guards, which was Prince Edward's regiment while he was on active duty.
- My Greatest Failure: Seems to feel this way about the Battle of Denmark Strait and Task Force Z. She wants to avoid such events in the future.
- Odd Friendship: She and Prinz Eugen became good friends, despite not only being former enemies, but Eugen being one of the ships responsible for her greatest failure.
- Skinship Grope: According to Hood she likes to do this, and, if you grope Monarch, she will ask you not to pick up Wales' bad habits. As well, when in her beach skin, Takao will reveal that the reason she brought a wooden sword to the beach is to deal with a certain Royal ship that may show upnote
- The Southpaw: Wields a saber in her left hand, a reference to her namesake, Edward, Prince of Wales, who was left-handed.
- Stepford Smiler: She seems to have suffered some emotional trauma from the events of the Battle of Denmark Straitnote and the fate suffered by Task Force Z,note , which happened in relatively short succession. However, she keeps it mostly under wraps.
- The Stoic: She's noted as being rather unexpressive, at least while on dutynote . It's not helped by the fact that her sisters are King George V and Duke of York.
- Support Party Member: Inverted, also an odd case because she actually gets buffed by the presence of American ships rather than British with her Royal Alliance skill. It's based off of her being the ship that Winston Churchill and Franklin Delano Roosevelt were on when they signed the Atlantic Charter, which would go on to inspire the formation of many post-war treaties, and the formation of the United Nations.
- Taste of Power: She is playable along with Hood in the tutorial.
- Vapor Wear: Her JN/EN summer skin's bikini top is nearly translucent.
- Worthy Opponent: With Prinz Eugen, though with her it's a more a friendship that may be something more.
- You Don't Look Like You: Like the Nagato- and Colorado-class, she has an older artwork that ends up being replaced by the current one.
Duke of York (17)
Voiced by: Rie Tanaka
- I see. So the scent driving me crazy wafts from your soul O sinful commander, I am Duke of York of the Royal Navy. Be sure to carve my name upon thy heart.
- Affectionate Nickname: King George V refers to her as "Yorkie".
- Antiquated Linguistics: As can be seen in her introduction line above, she uses a lot of O's, thees, thous, thys, and thines.
- Beautiful Dreamer: The Commander, from her point of view. Her crush line is actually her talking to herself while watching the Commander sleeping.
- Big Damn Heroes: Her entrance in the "Winter Crown" storyline.
- Damage-Increasing Debuff: Her ''Trepidation of Destruction" skill causes anything hit by her main guns to take increased damage for a short time.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The Foolish to Wales' Responsible. While she is skilled, most of her secretary lines (and many of her other lines) are her gushing over how handsome and attractive the Commander is, trying to seduce him, watching him sleep, etc. While she doesn't focus on him in combat, her lines are still extremely florid and poetic, mostly her revelling in combat or threatening her enemies rather than giving orders or encouragement. Her affection lines are less her falling in love with the commander or him helping her with some serious problem, and more the Commander finally returning her obvious affection.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: Her uniform barely contains her.
- Luminescent Blush: In her party dress. While it's not especially intense both her face and her ears turn a noticeable shade of pink.
- Our Vampires Are Different: She's a vampire ship, including talking of eternal night, asking how sweet the Commander's blood could taste, and her second skin being heavily vampire themed.
- While she doesn't have any trouble with actual sunlight, Prince of Wales states that, for all intents and purposes, her nemesis is King George V, who Wales describes as being like the sun, and who has a skill called The Glory of the Never-Setting Sun, and refers to "the sun that never sets" in her skill line.
- Pointy Ears: Just like Vampire.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Her chibi eye color changes to red when she's picked up or she's dancing. Ironically, despite being a vampire, she's the only member of her class that doesn't have permanently red eyes.
- Her Eternal Night's Carola skin has her eyes red in splash art, though they remain blue in her chibi unless she's picked up.
- Uniformity Exception: Unlike her two sisters, she isn't blonde and doesn't have (permanently) red eyes. Her uniform is also significantly less military, she doesn't take much inspiration from her namesake, and she carries a more fantastical arming sword with a black blade, while her sisters carry officer's swords.
- Warrior Poet: She uses very poetic language in all her lines.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: Not hers, but the Commander's, at least from her point of view. She makes several references to how entrancing they are
- Worthy Opponent: See Scharnhorst as this.
- "I hope that any of thee who are ever called upon to fight against an opponent many times superior, will fight as gallantly as Scharnhorst fought today!" note
- The Vamp: In contrast to Prince of Wales being a Covert Pervert, Duke of York is completely and utterly open about the fact that she is madly in love with the commander and wants to sleep with him. She's also literally a vampire.
Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro
- It's a pleasure meeting you. I'm Monarch, a battleship. Hmpf, so the Royal Navy is so badly in need of assistance that they're asking me, the one who was one discarded, for help have they really fallen that low?
The personification of the Design 15C note Monarch, introduced as part of the World of Warships collaboration. She's one of two Priority Rare class ships in the Royal Navy.
- Artistic License History: Besides the main guns, the historical Design 15C that Monarch's supposedly based on has quite a few design differences to the finalized King George V. Lesta/Wargaming, however, made the Monarch by pretty much plopping 15C's 15" guns onto the finalized KGV hull, with only other differences being the mast, AA armaments, and catapult. Monarch also has lattice mast, which is not used in any other Royal Navy ships, and in post-WW2 Royal Navy were applied only to light cruisers, never battleships.
- Badass Cape: Wears one, just like her half-sisters.
- Critical Status Buff: Her "Against the Current" skill will increase her reload more at low HP.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Towards the King George Class, due to their design being chosen ahead of hers (due to the tonnage imposed by the Naval Treaties of the time) and consequently never being built.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: While very boastful of her abilities, lines like her "Disappointed" ones show at heart, she struggles with such feelings due to never being built.
- Last Chance Hit Point: Her "Against the Current" skill will also upon being reduced below 20% HP, restore some health over a few seconds (total 12%) once per battle. This is regardless of skill level.
- Shout-Out: Her "Against the Current" skill is one to World of Warships "Adrenaline Rush" captain skill note and "Repair Party" consumable.
- Super Prototype: Downplayed as while a paper ship like the rest, there's only small changes compared to her sisters in the KGV class. This is probably due to mishmash design made by Lesta/Wargaming, as noted in Artistic License History.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Sees herself as this; she wonders aloud if anyone would bother welcoming her home if there were no one else accompanying her.
- The Resenter: In her acquisition line.
- She admits that, while she resents Prince of Wales and Duke of York for taking her place, she also loves them as her sisters, and admits that seeing them smiling actually makes her feel better about being abandoned, since she knows something did come from it. Also, she would feel no malice towards those who would one day succeed her.
- Undying Loyalty: Despite her resentment towards the KGV-class and over being discarded, her friendship line has her state that, no matter how much they neglect her, her loyalty to the Royal Family will never waver. She also has this towards the Commander, stating that they are the only person who matters to her, and nobody believed in her until she met the Commander.
Light Aircraft Carriers (CVL)
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Yuuna Inamura
- The card of glory, the soul of the duel... no, this is the flight deck! I am Hermes. Commander, I await your orders!
- Covert Pervert: Has no problems with the commander touching her in a particular fashion as long as he keeps winning.
- Death Dealer: She uses cards that turn into planes.
- Gender-Blender Name: Named for a male god from Classical Mythology
- Shout-Out: Her design and voice lines make her out to look like a certain duelist. Her voice actress even voiced the main heroine (and her doppelganger) of the fifth series. Her remodel trades out her "flight deck" for rigging that makes it look like she's riding a motorcycle.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Ai Kakuma
- I... I am... The Royal Navy's... Unicorn. ...Commander, can... can I call you... big brother?
- Combat Medic: Her Support Carrier skill lets her heal the vanguard by up to 8% of their maximum health whenever she uses an airstrike, so offense and defense go hand-in-hand.
- Dub Name Change: Not Unicorn herself, but her stuffed unicorn toy. In both Chinese and Japanese, she's named simply U-chan. In English, Unicorn's toy is given the name Ugean, even as she calls her U-chan with the Japanese audio.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: She is always shown together with her stuffed unicorn.
- Hidden Buxom: Her default skin hides a rather sizable bust; it's easily seen on her alternate skins.
- Idol Singer: She has an alternate skin which resembles a certain idol
- Leitmotif: My Night
- Stone Wall: She's noticeably tankier than other CVLs (with the second-highest HP after the higher-rarity Centaur, even after other ships get retrofits) and with a relatively weak offensive loadout of a fighter, a dive bomber, and an anti-aircraft gun. Contrast with Shouhou, who leans more towards offense despite also being a healer via Support Carrier.
- Support Party Member: She has two Support skills: Support Carrier, which heals the vanguard after deploying an airstrike, and Reload Command to passively increase the Reload stat of the vanguard at the start of battle.
- Womanchild: Despite her childish actions, she is physically in her midteens (which is clear in her alternate skins), though there are a few hints that this might be an act.
For US version of the class, see Azur Lane Eagle Union.
Artist: Jinyuan 712
Voiced by: Rui Tanabe
- Greetings Commander, Escort Carrier "Chaser" reporting in, I heard that there are high quality tea sets and tea leaves? I am eager to meet those friends who have fine tastes too, eheh~
- A Spot Of Tea: Shown drinking a cup of tea in her default art, and she has multiple lines talking about tea.
- Big Little Sister: She's USS Bogue's little sister, but comes off much more mature & refined.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Similar to her sister Bogue, she's specialized in anti-submarine warfare, especially with her unique skill that reveals submarines and launches planes that drop depth charges. She's below-average for her class and rarity otherwise, including less Aviation stat than Unicorn.
- Foreign Culture Fetish: Her world-spanning service history* gets played as this. She is obsessed with tea culture and buys her own dress to celebrate the Lunar New Year. Her accent is also interesting, with some of her lines sounding posh, others sounding lower or middle class, and at least one sounds Australian. A bit odd, considering that she was part of the US Navy for less than a day before being transferred to the British and renamed Chaser.
- Mega Twintails: With a pair of tight Ojou Ringlets that could give Nelson a run for her money.
- Nice Girl: Is quite polite and kind. Even her upset line, rather than her being angry or dismissive, has her ask the commander if something's been bothering them, and making it clear that they can tell her about it.
- Useless Useful Skill: One of her skills lets her sweep for submarines, then launches a Swordfish wing to attack them. Because the English version launches brand-new ships and events simultaneously with other servers rather than sticking strictly to old release schedules, she arrived to that server before submarines and submarine combat were even added to the game. Averted with the release of submarines now, as it provides an alternative to having to saddle a frontline ship with an otherwise useless sonar.
- Vaporwear: Her Dragon Empery skin, which has her breasts barely covered by two loose pieces of fabric. It's also quite clear she isn't wearing a bra in her normal skin.
Artist: Tony Taka
- Is this where my elders that participated in the war gather? Hello Commander, I am Centaur. Pleased to meet you.
- Archer Archetype: Uses a bow to fire her planes.
- Expy: If she reminds you of a Shining Series character, it's because the artist of the modern games, Tony Taka, is her artist.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: She does a number of tasks pretty well (be it damage, slowing down the enemy, buffing the backline), only losing out to the specialists.
- Our Elves Are Better: Her character design is trying to evoke the image of an elf, combining bow usage with her long, pointy ears.
- Underboobs: To the point it's basically vaporwear, where a slight breeze would leave her assets bare. This also applies to her Summer and Lunar New Year skin as well.
- Younger Than They Look: She wasn't finished until World War II was over; this is shown by her treating other ships as her senior, even the (often child-like) destroyers.
Aircraft Carriers (CV)
Voiced by: Noriko Shitaya
- I'm the Royal Navy larg- *cough*, aircraft carrier, Glorious. Commander, hold your head high, for I'm your glory!
- My Greatest Failure: A couple of her lines reference the events of Operation Juno, where she basically did nothing as Acasta and Ardent fought by themselves against Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, ultimately resulting in the sinking of all 3 HMS ships.
- This happened in our history due to an unsuited captain who was far more concerned with court martialing someone than having adequate lookouts in place. For a time, this wound up being covered up due to a lack of survivors.
- Support Party Member: Able to buff destroyers, referencing her time with Acasta and Ardent.
- We Can Rebuild Him: She was originally laid down as a battlecruiser, before being retrofitted into an aircraft carrier.
Ark Royal (91)
Voiced by: Asuka Itou
- Ark Royal, reporting in for duty! I am confident in all manners of battle. Why, it was I who managed to destroy Bismarck's rudder!
- BFG: Her launcher resembles a really big steampunk rifle.
- Comedic Lolicon: She really, really, really likes destroyers, though she knows not to act on it so she doesn't get in trouble. The Commander telling her that it's nothing to be ashamed of in her friendly dialogue is enough for her to swear eternal loyalty to him. It should be noted that she's more accurately a destroyer-con, as she doesn't show any attraction to petite members of other ship typesnote , while still showing attraction to the older looking destroyers.
- Cuteness Proximity: Many of her lines proclaim her love for destroyers. Imagine Nagamon, but canon, and more perverted.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: In her "Guardian of the Ball" skin, she will occasionally toss her camera into the air, and a destroyer can briefly be seen on its display.
- Gainaxing: Ark Royal's formal "Guardian of the Ball" Live2D outfit features generous amounts of jiggling.
- Glass Cannon: Her load-out is purely offense-focused, with two torpedo bomber slots and one dive bomber slot, both of her skills focused on damage, and no inherent strong defense against enemy planes like an anti-air gun slot or a fighter slot that others may have. Her Sword Launch skill helps her use focused-targeting torpedo bombers to deal staggeringly higher damage than most torpedo bombing carriers. She's superficially similar to Ranger, especially since they both have BFG flight decks to emphasize the trope's namesake.
- Iconic Item: One of her skills has her attacking with swordfish plane-launched tropedos, regardless of if you have them equipped or not. They were the weapons that crippled the mobility of the Bismarck and as such, slows down all enemies on screen.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Her ability is to launch some additional Swordfish alongside the normal airstrike, which will results in massive amount of torpedoes when combined with her air wing consisting of two three-plane squadrons of torpedo bombers and one two-plane squadron of dive bombers.
- Miss Fanservice: Ark Royal has very generous proportions and looks calm, cool, and elegant, all of which her summer and formal skins (a very revealing swimsuit and a tiny black dress with Live2D gainaxing, respectively) play up heavily, and which is also sometimes played up for promotional materials. Queen's Orders even refers to her as a "Deplorable Beauty" in its first chapter.
- Not Me This Time: When Cygnet's clothes go missing in the event for her swimsuit skin, the C-class sisters and Foxhound track them to Ark Royal's dorm. Assuming that her lolicon habits finally went too far, they don't buy her alibi of being out on work all day & even contemplate reporting her. It takes Vampire explaining how the wind blew them through Ark's open window to clear her.
- Status Ailment: Her Sword Launch skill slows down all enemies on the screen for eight seconds. Counter-intuitively given her iconic item and the fact that the skill also launches extra Swordfish torpedo bombers, however, this makes her particularly well suited to using Sakura torpedo bombers, as the slowdown effect synergizes well with the converging torpedo pattern used by Sakura torpedo bombers.
- Steampunk: Ark Royal's outfit and especially her rigging, which is covered in brass piping and detailing, are clearly inspired by steampunk.
- Uniformity Exception: The only Royal fleet carrier that isn't blonde/platinum blonde. She and Unicorn are also the only non-blonde Royal carriers.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Her thigh-high boots and miniskirt produce a very clear "Grade A".
- Miss Fanservice: Both sisters are clearly made to be eyecatching and arousing in figures, outfits, and personalities for the most part.
- Illustrious' brand is more based on doting, long legs, and incredibly ample curves and dresses that highlight them for the most part.
- Victorious' is more based on her greek styled outfit (based off of the image of Nike on the ship's badge) which highlights her own legs and curves (while less than her sister, is no way lacking)
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced By: Sora Amamiya
- Good day to you, Commander. Illustrious, at your service. May love and peace be unto this ocean, and the holy light shine upon you~ Huh? I too am in need of that mysterious light you say?
- Badass Pacifist: Some of her lines suggested that she didn't want to see unnecessary conflict. Her skill applies a shield to frontline ships to absorb damage. Nevertheless, she can kick ass as hard as anyone else when situation calls.
- Beauty Mark: Feature one below her left eye.
- Cool Big Sis: While there's nothing in her lines, fans like to believe that Unicorn sees her as this, resulting a number of pieces with them together (some of which becoming loading screen art). It helps both have the same artist. However, Unicorn herself talks about protecting her if she's in the same fleet.
- Unicorn's lines in the English version have her refer to all the fleet carriers as her big sisters, but she singles out Illustrious by name in several of them, hoping to be like her when she grows up.
- Queen's Orders backs up the fan theory, with Illustrious acting like an older sister to Unicorn, and Unicorn wanting to grow up to be like her, even calling Illustrious her big sister.
- D-Cup Distress: One of her lines has her ask the commander if they could pick up a handkerchief she dropped, because she'd lose her balance if she tried to pick it up. Another has her ask the commander if they've seen where she left her planes, only for them to turn out to be right in front of her, and she didn't notice because "something" blocked her line-of-sight
- Deflector Shields: Her main skill gives the front line a shield (durability it based on her max HP), which can soak up damage, even allowing "upon getting hit"-type skills to trigger.
- Gag Boobs: Is one of the most buxom ship girls in the game and her lines have a few gags about their size as well as "soft landings". If put into battle with Victorious, she will remark that she's "way too well endowed". Even her skill icon has emphasis on her chest.
- Hair Decorations: In all her skins, she has some sort of flower accessories on her sides of her hair.
- She's Got Legs: Her alternate skins reveal that her legs are as notable as her chest. Even her normal skin somewhat uses this, as the lower have of her skirt is slightly translucent.
- Stone Wall: Illustrious is one of the few carriers with heavy armor and her skill gives the frontline temporary bonus hitpoints equal to a percentage of Illustrious' own considerable hitpoint pool when she launches an airstrike. However, Illustrious's offenses are lacking due to her airwing consisting of two fighter squadrons and one torpedo bomber squadron, compared to the most common fleet carrier airwing of one squadron each of fighters, dive bombers, and torpedo bombers.
- The right choice of fighters can downplay this as some can drop bombs.
- Support Party Member:
- Her main use is her Armored Carrier skill that gives the front line a temporary shield equal to up to 10% of her hitpoints, and to this end, she often prioritizes reload speed over raw damage to keep the front line protected as much as possible.
- With the introduction of the air superiority mechanic, her fighter-heavy airwing and high aviation stat means that she provides an unmatched amount of air superiority, head and shoulders above even other super rare fleet carriers.
- The Tease: One of her lines has her ask the commander if they can feel her heartbeat through the palm of their hand, her crush line has her ask if they want to try a "soft-landing", and her "special touch" line in her "Never-ending Tea Party" skin has her tell the commander that they can't act that way... at a tea party.
- Token Religious Teammate: Interestingly, a number of her lines have her refer to "the light" in a way that implies it's something she worships, at one point referring to it as "the holy light".
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced By: Eriko Nakamura
- I'm Victorious, an aircraft carrier belonging to the Royal Navy. Go on, sing my praises! For so long as I, the symbol of victory, am with you, all should go well for you!
- Combat Aestheticist: Her lines often refer to fighting beautifully, even in defeat with her defeat line referencing "accepting defeat with dignity".
- Challenge Seeker: Very downplayed but she expresses displeasure over a very easy win in her MVP line. This is actually also referenced in "Winter's Crown", where one of the reasons why she was unwilling to deliver the killing blow to Tirpitz is because she had been softened up by a previous encounter prior to their mutual engagement.
- Also referenced in "Scherzo of Iron and Blood", where she notes that she isn't sure if she wants to finish off Bismarck, once Bismarck is reduced to a state where she can't fight back. Fittingly, Bismarck and Tirpitz were sister ships.
- The Dreaded: Played for laughs. The playable Victorious is apparently this to the playable Tirpitz, who refuses to play with her despite her promising not to do anything to Tirpitz. Considering the fact that she's apparently bombed Tirpitz's room at least once for refusing to play with her, and threatens to do it again, you really can't blame Tirpitz for being suspicious.
- Historical Injoke: Her stranger line has the Commander remark that he knows of her from the Battle of Trafalgar, only for her to tell him that he's thinking of someone else, who's completely unrelated to her.
- Genki Girl: She's rather enthusiastic, particularly of the planes she got from the Eagle Union.
- I Was Just Passing Through: How she treated her actions in the hunt against Bismarck (her bombers scored a torpedo hit), noting "she didn't intend on winning battle honors".
- Martial Pacifist: Downplayed. She comments that war is ugly and the olive wreath she wears is a symbol of peace and beauty, and that she doesn't like violence, but she admits it's often the quickest solution to many problems, is completely willing to fight, threatens to knock the commander out cold if she's upset with them, and threatens to bomb Tirpitz's room if she doesn't come out and have fun with her (and she's apparently done it before).
- She's Got Legs: Her art shows them off pretty well and unlike her sister, not overshadowed by other things.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: She spared Tirpitz, but she was so badly wounded that planes from a nearby base finished her off anyways.