Eagle Union | Royal Navy | Sakura Empire | Ironblood | Dragon Empery
North Union | Iris Libre | Vichya Dominion | Sardegna Empire
META | Ashes | Others | Sirens
Ship prefix: HMS
Representing the British Royal Navy; another member of the "Azur Lane" alliance with the Eagle Union. As such their ships are not difficult to get. They are introduced in the prologue (tutorial) as they fight the Ironblood Battleship Bismarck. They would later become the primary protagonist group of the various Ironblood events, in particular "Divergent Chessboard", "Winter's Crown" and "Starry Skies over the Fjord".
Royal Navy ships tend to have good evasion, whether through raw evasion stats or through skills such as Emergency Evasion or some sort of Smokescreen if at the expense of any offensive skills. Their Destroyers favoring torpedoes and Cruisers favoring a mix, leanding towards guns (due to FP boosting skills). The Royal Navy is on the old fashioned side with their Battleship-type preference, though the few carriers they have are very respectable. They are the only faction to field Monitors (light capital ships that forgo speed and protection to mount far heavier guns than their ships of their weight class/oil cost would normally have). With obvious centerpiece battleship units like Queen Elizabeth and King George V who respectively give fleetwide buffs and receives buffs from being in an RN fleet, the RN has perhaps the strongest sense of being intended for use as a single navy, though with higher standalone ability seen in newer ships/refit, they are better able to do inter-faction play pretty well. Curiously enough, the Royal Navy has a large number of buxom ships.
As an aside, a number of these ships were transferred during or after the war to various Dominion navies, with references to this in the game.
Currently, the following Dominions have known equivalents in the English Version:
- Canada is the Maple Monarchy, according the English biography of Fortune. Fortune and Foxhound both make references to their transfer. The entire C-Class was also transferred, but no mention seems to be made to this in-game.In the other versions...
- New Zealand is, creatively, New Zealand, referenced by Achilles in several of her lines.
Voiced by: Rie Kugimiya
- ID: No. 103Rarity: EliteArtist: Saru"I'm V-class destroyer Vampire, thine blood looks delectable—by the way, thou sure doth like to look at my panties, huh?"
The personification of the destroyer HMS Vampire. She first appeared in the "Strive, Wish, Strategize" event, and has since been added to the build pool.
- Addiction Displacement: Her crush line implies that her love of wine is an attempt at this.
- Breakout Character: She proved to be very popular since her release, getting a number of skins, and until Ayanami came along, the first Purple rarity (SR or Elite) to get a wedding skin.
- Cute Little Fang: She is a vampire, after all. It's easiest to see in her default skin.
- Flowery Elizabethan English: Just like Duke of York, the other Royal Navy vampire, she peppers her speech with ye's, thou's, and other such things. She also uses at least one word from Aramaic.
- Hellish Pupils: Fitting for her name.
- Horny Devils: Actually more a vampire, but is generally shameless with her outfit choices. As well, she has a chain ending in an anchor that resembles a forked tail, like that of a stereotypical devil. Ironically, her pledge line and the name of her pledge skin, "Eloi's Blessing" imply that she is either a practicing Christian or Jew, as Eloi is the Aramaic name for God.
- Life Drain: Her main skill has her fire 3 torpedoes that lets her absorb a portion of the damage she deals with them into HP.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Her "Flagship Fight" line begins with a textbook example.
- Older than They Look: The oldest of the Royal Navy destroyers.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She really likes wine, and her lines make it clear that she really means wine, and not blood.
- Tsundere: She is voiced by Rie Kugimiya after all, though this is downplayed quite a bit compared to some of Kugimiya's other roles as Vampire shows this behavior only in a few lines.Don't get so close to me! It's not like I hate you, but a girl also has a girl's needs! I, I have a sudden urge to drink wine! Hurry and bring me a bottle!note
Voiced By: Yukiko Ayamiya
- ID: No. 81Rarity: RareArtist: Shi-Chen"I'm Amazon, the experimental A-class destroyer. As much as I don't want to have to deal with an idiot like you I have no choice. I'm gonna look after you!"
The personification of the prototype destroyer HMS Amazon. She guides the player through the game's tutorial levels and teaches the player the basic mechanics of the game.
- Cat Smile: Her idle animation in chibi form is to do this while spinning her sword.
- Early Installment Character-Design Difference: Her formal skin and her retrofit art have shown the artist's progression from the game's early days, reaching a point where some do not recognize her.
- Experience Booster: Her Prototype Ship skill grants an experience boost to destroyers. She is also the teacher for the destroyer class in the Lecture Hall.
- Girlish Pigtails: Part of the complete package of being a Tsundere and looking young (despite insisting otherwise).
- Iconic Item: Her finger pointer stick that she uses in the tutorials to point out important information to new players, though it is never shown in her portrait or her normal sprite. It also shows up in the Lecture Hall.
- Lap Pillow: Offers one when the Commander returns from battle.
- Older than They Look: Despite looking no older than the other Royal Navy destroyers, she is one of the the oldest of them (only Vampire is older), and she even calls herself an old timer in her biography. She also really dislikes being treated like a child.
- Sensei-chan: Acts as the destroyer teacher in the lecture hall, helps teach new players, and many of her lines refer to teaching either the commander or other ships, and is the second oldest Royal Navy destroyer. Her "Prototype Ship" skill also helps destroyers that fight alongside her gain more experience. Despite this, the commander apparently treats her like a child, much to her (to a degree, justified) annoyance.
- Shana Clone: She's superficially a young, flat-chested teenager, but she's the second-oldest Royal Navy ship in the game and hates being treated as young. She wears her blonde hair in nearly waist-length Girlish Pigtails, wears an old-timey, musketeer-esque military outfit with a skirt, and always carries either her sword or a finger pointer stick when she shows up in tutorials. She's an extreme Tsundere denying affection for the Commander, even up to her lines for marriage, but she's not particularly violent or demeaning besides calling him a pervert. If she gets defeated in battle, she unleashes a Rapid-Fire "Shut Up!". For even further hilarity, she's even more of a Shana Clone than HMS Vampire, who's voiced by none other than Shana's voice actress.
- Tsundere: The opening line is a good example, and it only continues as her affinity increases (even to marriage!); as a bonus, she also has twintails to further fit the trope.
- A Day in the Limelight: Both ships get featured, along with Glorious, in Glorious Final Battle.
- Fanservice Pack: Both ships get curvier post refit and in a majority of their skins. Ardent especially in her bunny skin, gaining a rack that can compete with those of the bustiest destroyers in the game.
- Last Stand: Their ultimate fate, along with Glorious, against The Ugly Sisters.
Voiced by: Kaya Okuno
- ID: No. 082Rarity: RareArtist: ALLENES"Oh.... I'm Acasta, hello."
- Sleepy Head: About as bad as Laffey.
- Taking You with Me: If she's the last vanguard ship alive, her damage dealt, and her damage taken increase by a percentage, a reference to her fate during Operation Juno, where she did a suicide run against Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, ultimately ending in being sunk.
Voiced by: Mami Kamikura
- ID: No. 083Rarity: RareArtist: ALLENES"From today onward, I shall be living with you, Commander~ Please look after me~"
- Covert Pervert: Her main objection to the Commander groping her is that they're doing it in public, and her bunny skin has her enthusiastically wearing an incredibly skimpy bunnygirl suit.
- Cute Little Fang: Gains one post-retrofit, to go with the batwings on her hat.
- Girl Next Door: Fits into the trope pretty well, taking a liking to the commander rather quickly, acting very friendly while not being outwardly sexual and offering to cook for the Commander.
- Love at First Sight: Overlapping with Single-Target Sexuality, she takes a shine to the commander quite quickly, and in one of her post-retrofit secretary lines even requests the commander take her to "some hot dating spots" she's found, regardless of at what level affection is.
- Support Party Member: Her skills increase airstrike damage by Carriers and Light Carriers and reduce their damage taken.
- Supreme Chef: Her friendly line has her offering to make something for the Commander, stating she knows all their favourite foods, and her post-retrofit lines add several more references to her cooking and making lunches.
- Animal Motif: Dogs. Beagle has two forward facing pigtails that look like beagle ears, and acts like an energetic and excitable beagle, including asking for the commander to take her for walks and to pet her, and expressing an interest in hunting rabbits when the commander mentions itnote . Bulldog has two plates in her hair that resemble smaller dog ears, like that of an English bulldog, and her stoic nature reflects the fact that British bulldogs are often subdued in demeanour, and have faces that naturally look unamused. Their hair colours also match the usual fur colours of their namesake breeds.
- Companion Cube: All (two) ships in this class have two turrets with faces on them often called "lil _" with a letter going in the blank.
- Moveset Clone:
- Beagle and Bulldog have identical stats and skills, with only 4 points in Anti-Submarine Warfare and 6 points in Luck making Beagle slightly better at level 100.
- The B-class itself is extremely similar to the C-class... except Beagle and Bulldog don't have retrofits. Pre-retrofit at level 100, though, Crescent and Cygnet differ from Beagle and Bulldog by about 20 points, total, across all their stats while retaining Emergency Evasion and identical weapon efficiencies. All these little stat differences (always in the favor of C-class ships) and the retrofit upgrades make the C-class wholly superior to the B-class.
- Palette Swap: The only difference in their outfits is that Beagle has a red gem around her neck, while Bulldog has a blue one. Interestingly, the colour of gem matches each others eye colour (Beagle has blue eyes, while Bulldog has red)
Voiced By: Eri Suzuki (Japanese), Sarah Roach (English)
- ID: No. 086Rarity: NormalArtist:"I finally got a chance to meet you, Commander! I'm B-class' Beagle! The best of what I can do are Escort missions! If you need my help just let me know! I am quite a worker!"
- Cheerful Child: Her personality in a nutshell being both cheerful and helpful.
- Genki Girl: She's as excitable and energetic as her namesake.
- Little Bit Beastly: Despite there being numerous cat girls and bunny girls amongst the ships, she actually averts this. Her dog ears are actually just two forward facing pigtails. She comments on them in her friendly line, revealing that they've always been like that.
- Nice Girl: Extremely nice towards the commander, to the point that, rather than being angry, her upset line is her asking if the Commander hates her.
Voiced By: Eri Suzuki (Japanese), Rachel Glass (English)
- ID: No. 087Rarity: NormalArtist:"Good day. I'm B-class' Bulldog...... I'm an adult so please do not judge me by my looks. I hope you aren't an adult who does that, Commander. I'll be in your care."
- A Day in the Limelight: The "The Enigma and the Shark" gives her a considerable amount of screen time, to the point she's considered to have upstaged U-110 as the event star by some.
- Deadpan Snarker: In the "Jaws and Engima" event, she's seen remarking on various things, like Amazon's chest envy to her disappointment that the supposed shark (U-110) looks more like a bulb of garlic.
- Older than They Look: Subverted. While she refers to herself as an adult at first, her higher affection lines and oath lines reveal that she does view herself as somewhat childlike, and several of her lines show she's far more childish than she admits (threatening to bite the commander if they don't stop patting her head, referring to him as Big Brother Commander).
- The Stoic: Far more subdued than her sister.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: While rather harsh and icy, as her affection increases there's more and more signs that she does like you.
- Artistic License History: As the game generally depicts ships during World War II, all three of them should have different names, as they had been sold to the Royal Canadian Navy before the warnote . Despite all of this, none of them reference their service with Canada, or the names they were given by the RCN (Comet was HMCS Restigouche, Crescent was HMCS Fraser, and Cygnet was HMCS St. Laurent).
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: In the loosest sense, firepower-focused Crescent is the Fighter, torpedo-focused Comet is the Mage, and evasion-focused Cygnet is the Thief.
- Hotter and Sexier: While their outfits do not get much sexier compared to other remodels, save for a side slit on their skirts, they do appear significantly taller and more mature, Cygnet more so as the shirt in her refit is struggling to contain her chest.
- Moveset Clone:
- Pre-Retrofit at level 100, Cygnet and Crescent have almost identical stats and skills, but Cygnet has four more Anti-Submarine Warfare points and is twice as lucky as Crescent (72 vs 35 Luck). Subverted post-retrofit, where Cygnet trades 10 Firepower for 15 Evasion compared to Crescent — a significant trade-off that typically favors Cygnet for her niche as a tanky stall ship.
- Cygnet and Crescent are also extremely similar to the B-class pre-retrofit, since they all have the Emergency Evasion skill and identical weapon efficiencies. At level 100, the sisters are very slightly better than Beagle and Bulldog in most stats with a total stat difference of about 20 points, besides a decent chunk higher Anti-Submarine Warfare stat. Subverted post-retrofit, where a second skill unlock and more stats blow the retrofit-lacking B-class out of the water.
- Palette Swap: They basically wear the same outfit in different colors: blue for Comet, red for Crescent, and purple for Cygnet.
- Smoke Out: Post-remodel, their Smokescreen skills temporarily increase the evasion of the escort fleet within its Area of Effect right at the start of the battle and has a chance to re-activate every 15 seconds after that.
Comet (H00 * )
Voiced by: Minori Suzuki
- ID: No. 088Rarity: NormalArtist: Hecha"C-Class Destroyer, Comet, that's meee! I'm so happy you're supporting me, Commander!"
The personification of the destroyer HMS Comet.
- Idol Singer: Aspires to be one and is a fan of Lexington.
- Support Party Member: Her Torpedo Command - Destroyers skill increases the torpedo effectiveness of all destroyers in the party, and she has the same Smokescreen skill her sisters have post-remodel.
- Will-o'-the-Wisp: Seen with one in her official artwork.
Crescent (H48 * )
Voiced by: Minori Suzuki
- ID: No. 089Rarity: NormalArtist: Hecha"Are you my commander? You don't seem used to war though. I'm C-class Crescent, and I'm not a kid! I may not look like it, but I'm very experienced, and not afraid of anything! Not afraid of anything at all!"
The personification of the destroyer HMS Crescent.
- A-Cup Angst: Her special touch reaction has her annoyed for this reason despite ultimately having more of a bustline than Comet.
- Berserk Button: Really dislikes being treated like a child.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: The red-colored C Class destroyer has the strongest personality among her sisters, but unfortunately she isn't the strongest of the three gameplay-wise.
- Tsundere: Her expression on her remodeled art easily shows it. Fittingly, she has the best firepower of her sisters.
Voiced By: Risa Taneda (Japanese), Emily Fajardo (English)
- ID: No. 090Rarity: NormalArtist: Hecha"I'm C-Cygnet the C-class destroyer yup! For the sake of fish and chips, I'll do my best!"
The personification of the destroyer HMS Cygnet.
- Big Eater: Eats quite a bit, to the point that her sisters are quite confused over where all the fat goes. Crescent comes to the conclusion that it all goes to her breasts.
- Butt-Monkey: Often gets tricked/talked into wearing skimpy or sexy outfits by others, which doesn't really help her Shrinking Violet tendencies. However, according to Japanese Twitter commentary, she doesn't really mind it.
- Breakout Character: Despite the three of them being common destroyers, Cygnet has five skins, where her sisters only have two (default and retrofit), one of which was only available from a New Years event dedicated to it.
- Country Mouse: Her lines are written to reflect someone from the country.
- Meido: Her second (first is a christmas skin) paid skin is a maid outfit that Saratoga tricked her into putting on.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: Despite her Shrinking Violent personality, not only is Cygnet rather well endowed for both a destroyer and her ship class (with her sisters being almost completely flat while she is quite busty), but most of her skins frequently involve her wearing skimpy outfits that show off her body because other characters either tricked or convinced her to wear them, among them Hood and Saratoga, with even her base and retrofit looks leaning heavily on fanservice territory, the latter especially, with a shirt that can barely hold her breasts and the introduction lines saying it feels 'a little tight'.
- Shrinking Violet: Tends to get flustered a lot. Fittingly, she has the best evasion of her sisters.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Fish and chips come up rather often in her lines.
- True Blue Femininity: The blue-colored C Class destroyer is the most feminine among her sisters.
Voiced by: Yuina Mizuki
- ID: No. 389Rarity: RareArtist:"Hello, Commander~! Echo, reporting in! So, after I finish checking in, can I have a reward? Ehehe~♪ I loooove candy, you see~"
- All-Loving Hero: She consciously tries very hard to be this; she's consistently upbeat in her secretary lines, loves all her Royal Navy fleetmates, and even her "upset" line is her trying good-naturedly to help the Commander improve themselves.
- Anime Hair: A standout among the many other shipgirls of AL, and a hairdo that defies sub-classification. She's got Mega Twintails that originate from... the crown of her head?... and reach down to her knees, while also having an Ahoge and sideburns. Oh, and it's multicolored. The amount of time she must spend on her hair each day beggars the imagination.
- Idol Singer: She's specifically themed, visually, like one in the vein of Girls' Generation in their most famous music videos (wherein they wear naval-like uniforms that are revealingly cut).
- Luminescent Blush: Two of her conversation portraits feature her breaking into one of these.
- Sweet Tooth: Another candy lover, as seen in her introductory line.
- Anti-Gravity Clothing: Like KanColle's Tenryuu-class, both of them have mechanical Holy Halo floating over their heads.
- Historical In-Joke: Following their transfer to the Royal Canadian Navy, they were reclassified as River-class Destroyers, often called Canadian River-class, because they were renamed after Canadian rivers. note Though it wasn't really a proper class, since it consisted of every Royal Navy destroyer transferred to the RCN, which includes the entire C-class.
Fortune (H70 * )
Voiced by: Yūko Gotō
- ID: No. 092Rarity: RareArtist:"Nice to meet you, commander. M-my name is Fortune... I've worked hard as a escort destroyer."
The personification of the destroyer HMS Fortune/HMCS Saskatchewan.
- Historical In-Joke: One of her lines mentions that Saskatchewan is a name bestowed by God, referencing her being renamed to HMCS Saskatchewannote after being transferred to the Royal Canadian Navy (Or Maple Monarchy, as it is called in her English biography. Her Chinese biography just says Royal Canadian Navy).
- Institutional Apparel: Weirdly enough, her retrofit sports ball and chain manacles. Her line upon being retrofit actually references them, with her having trouble moving with them on.
- Prone to Tears: Her sprite randomly breaks into tears and her lines also reflect this.
- Screaming Warrior: In combat she tens to scream her lines, implying she drives herself into a frenzy just to fight.
- Stone Wall: Her skill kit of emergency evasion and main fleet damage reduction, she can persist and drag out a PvP match to her side's favor potentially with only ships with evasion down debuff skills remaining a threat.
- Symbolic Wings: Fitting her angelic theme, her rigging is positioned behind her back, making it look like she has a pair of mechanical wings.
- Token Religious Teammate: Either this or an actual angel, given her design — and plenty of her lines invoke God, with one of them actually stating that she gets down on her knees and prays.
Foxhound (H69) ]
Voiced by: Yuri Yamaoka
- ID: No. 091Rarity: NormalArtist:"Foxhound, reporting to the commander! Eh, fox? No, I'm not a fox but a dog! ... Eitherway, I will be looking foward to working with you!"
The personification of the destroyer HMS Foxhound/HMCS Qu'Appelle.
- Animal Motifs: Not a visual one, but she has various dog like mannerisms and often corrects anyone who says she acts like a fox... right before insisting that she doesn't act dog-like either.
- D-Cup Distress: She mentions that, after her retrofit, she can't jump like she used to due to her growth. She also complains that the Commander no longer pets her head like he did pre-retrofit.
- Everyone Looks Sexier if French: She was transferred to the Royal Canadian Navy and renamed HMCS Qu'Appelle. However, she only comments on that after her retrofit... her extremely curvy retrofit...
- Fallen Angel: The theme of her rigging, in contrast to Fortune. Her rigging has a more angelic motif before her retrofit, but afterwards, it is much more demonic in nature; her rigging grows and folds in a manner akin to bat wings, she sheds her halo entirely and replaces it with a pair of artificial horns, and her anchor acts as a tail.
- Historical In-Joke: Mentions not wanting to go such a cold place in one of her menu lines, referencing both her being stationed in Iceland for a while, and her being transferred to the Royal Canadian Navy (as HMCS Qu'Appelle). She also mentions her second name in one of her post-retrofit lines.
- Hotter and Sexier: In her retrofit form, with curves that are almost comparable with heavier ship classes.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: She's unaware of the exact nature of the attention she gets and even in her retrofit form's lines, she only thinks of not being able to hop around like she used to. This makes the seductiveness of the retrofit art an Informed Attribute. Some of her lines imply that she's not as oblivious to it as she initially appears, as she has a tendency to giggle whenever she mentions her post-retrofit appearance, or her growth.
- Shout-Out: Post-retrofit, one of her idle animations has her do Revolver Ocelot's "You're Pretty Good" hand gesture.
Voiced by: Juri Kimura
- ID: No. 093Rarity: EliteArtist: rityulate"Heyyo~ Good morning, Commander! G-class Destroyer, Grenville, reporting for duty! Now that I'm here, you can leave everything to me and take a nap! Hehe, just kidding~ Let's get along well, all right?"
The personification of HMS Grenville, the flotilla leader of the G-class destroyers.
- Action Pet: Is joined by a griffon, which is seen carrying a torpedo in her art.
- Big Little Sister: She may not look it, but she's actually younger than Glowworm. In fact, she was actually the second-last G-class to be laid down, and the last to be completednote
- Coat Cape: Wears one, with one of the sleeves featuring the real HMS Grenville's badge
- Genki Girl: While not to the same degree as her sister, she's pretty peppy herself.
- The Gunslinger: Carries a pair of revolvers in her art, though what ship weapons they represent are unknown.
- Hidden Depths: You wouldn't guess it from her energetic nature, revealing clothing, and her somewhat immature demeanor, but she actually wants to grow up to be a Proper Lady, studying etiquette under and looking up to Hood.
- Historical In-Joke:
- Her bigger size in various ways is a nod to how Destroyer leader ships were made larger than their counter parts. Her buff skill is likely a nod to this.
- Her pet griffon is a reference to how the ship's badge had one on it. Said badge is visible on the shoulder of her coat.
- No-Sell: Her Emergency evasion skill allows her to dodge all attacks for time.
- Support Party Member: Has a skill that buffs destroyer firepower.
Voiced by: Hiromi Igarashi (Japanese), Brittney Karbowski (English)
- ID: No. 094Rarity: EliteArtist: Lino"Hello! I'm the Royal Navy's G-class destroyer, Glowworm! Yahoo Commander! I hope you'll play with Glowworm energetically again today! I'm good at hide and seek!"
The personification of the destroyer HMS Glowworm.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: The autobattle notice depicts her distracted by a butterfly and about to be hit by a torpedo.
- Catchphrase: RAMMING SPEED!
- Cute Little Fangs: Has one little fang.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: One of her lines has her try and attack the commander, only to stub her toe, and her biography ends with the implication that she's just tripped.
- Genki Girl: The above quote captures some of it well.
- Gratuitous English: Refers to her headbutts as "Headsmash", "Million Headsmash", or "Meteor Headsmash" in her otherwise Japanese voiced lines.
- The Magnificent: Often refers to herself as "The Great Glowworm" or similar titles.
- Ramming Always Works: Her Meteor Slam skill increases the Collision Damage dealt to enemies while decreasing the Collision Damage she takes, reflecting her last-ditch effort against the Admiral Hipper in World War II, and corresponds to the effects of the Hotel Yankee signal flag in World of Warships. She also appears to take the sentiment as something to live by.
- Spectacular Spinning: Claims to be able to keep spinning without getting dizzy. This is a reference to her last battle, where the ship turned in circles in an attempt to hide in her own smoke screen.
- Use Your Head: Said ramming is generally depicted as her head butting people, or throwing herself at them head first. Her love line in Chinese even references Pokémon, with the line "Glowworm used headbutt". Her ramming skill in asian versions is even named "Meteor Headbutt".
- Uncertain Doom: During "Starry Skies over the Fjord", Hunter implies that Glowworm survived ramming Hipper, saying she'd thank Glowworm when she gets home.
- Worthy Opponent: Admiral Hipper sees her as one, a nod to her crew's opinion of the last stand.
- A Day in the Limelight: Both ships get featured, along with Z2, in "Starry Skies over the Fjord".
Voiced by: Ayaka Nanase
- ID: No. 096Rarity: EliteArtist: Alisa"It's an honour to meet you, Your Excellency. Hardy, destroyer of the Royal Navy, reporting for duty."
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Sees herself as the responsible one to Hunter's foolish.
- Support Party Member: Buffs all Royal Navy Destroyers' Torpedo stats.
Voiced by: Ayaka Nanase
- ID: No. 100Rarity: RareArtist: Alisa"Hello, Commander. I'm Hunter... Was there something else I was supposed to say...?"
Voiced by: Yūki Takada
- ID: No. 465Rarity: EliteArtist: ALLENES"Well met, Commander. I am Icarus, I-class destroyer from the Royal Navy. I specialize in escort and anti-submarine operations. I look forward to working with you."
- Boisterous Bruiser: She's akin to Kiyoshimo from Kancolle in having such a demeanor and desire to be a battleship.
- Hidden Buxom: To a ridiculous extent - her swimsuit skin shows a rather impressive bust that contrasts jarringly with the mediocre cup size shown by both her default and hospital skins, and the latter already shows a substantial downblouse.
- More Dakka: One of her skills enable her to fire a periodic barrage.
- Nice Girl: She is incredibly kind to the Commander, wanting to help him out and take care of him even when she reaches Upset Affinity.
- Stance System: Her Blue skill every so often reduces torpedo damage taken and also changes her torpedo launches to be linear.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Averted. Despite the fact that all four sisters wear crowns, Juno reveals in her high affection lines that they're just for decoration, and they aren't members of the Royal Family.
Voiced by: Nozomi Yamane (Japanese), Madeleine Morris (English), Andrea Trujillo (Latin American Spanish)
- ID: No. 101Rarity: EliteArtist: Yumesaki Kaede"I'm Javelin. Commander, I'll be in your care. What's this? You're making the "a girl my type has become my subordinate, now what do I do" kind of face!"
- Balance Buff: The Dec 22nd update extends the torpedo stat buff from her post refit barrage from 5 seconds to eight. It also raised her torpedo efficiency by 10%.
- Blade on a Stick: Her staff is actually a javelin, which is made more obvious in her retrofit, where she actually holds it in a throwing position in both her artwork and her chibi form.
- Can't Catch Up: The fact that she was the first starter to get a retrofit and that the other three starters later got retrofits of their own that improve key offensive statsnote made retrofitted Javelin a Master of None that can do a little bit of everything the others can do better at their respective specialties.
- Covert Pervert:
- Slow Ahead implies she has rather dirty thoughts every now and then. Even more fueled by the same loading screen that also canonizes Laffey as a whiskey drinker since the type of apron Javelin is using is one often used in Naked Apron instances.
- During Z23's teacher skin event, Javelin joins the class with this line:Javelin: What's "special tutoring?" Sounds like something that would be fun with the Commander~
- Fragile Speedster: She has the highest Evasion among the three available starters in the game, but has lower firepower and HP than the others. Post-retrofit, she has one of the highest Evasion stats in the game. Unfortunately, diminishing returns on higher evasion and subsequent changes to the game's evasion mechanic prevents her from taking full advantage of it.
- Genki Girl: Has the most energetic lines among the starters.
- Historical In-Joke: She wears tartan on both her pre- and post-retrofit outfits. Fittingly, HMS Javelin was built in Scotland (as were Juno and Jupiter).
- Not Completely Useless: As mentioned above, Javelin ultimately ends up being a Master of None Fragile Speedster due to her focus on Evasion (having the highest Evasion in the game, in fact), which gets hit hard with diminishing returns. However, there is one job at which she has no peer, and that is meeting Evasion stat requirements in event Hard Modes. If you are looking to run a 2-ship fleet to farm an event map with Evasion requirements of over 800, Javelin is all but mandatory.
- The Power of Love: Invoked. With her marriage skin, her victory quote is "Hehe, nothing can overcome the power of love!"
- Starter Mon: One of the three starters available in the game along with Z23 in the English and Chinese versions or Ayanami in the Japanese version and Laffey in all three versions.
- Through His Stomach: One of her "Love" lines has her offer the commander some lunches she had prepared for him.
- Verbal Tic: In Slow Ahead. In the same vein as Ayanami's usual "desu" being translated to English as "yes", Javelin has "wot" and "innit" often added to the end of her sentences.
Voiced by: Sawako Shirakabe
- ID: No. 102Rarity: RareArtist: Kaede Yumesaki"Commander, it's nice to meet you. I'm Juno. Leave the job of guarding the Commander to me I'll do my best!"
- Cool Big Sis: Inverted, in the case with Jupiter.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Defied. She admits that despite being named after the goddess Juno, known for her jealousy, she's not jealous at all, and it's just happy to be near the commander.
- Does Not Like Spam: Pasta in this case, as she was sunk by Italian aircraft near Crete.
- Girlish Pigtails: Which adds to her overall cuteness.
- Historical In-Joke: Her acting as a Cool Big Sis towards Jupiter despite technically being the younger of the two is a reference to that fact that, despite being laid down, launched, and completed after Jupiter, she has a lower pennant number than her, which usually indicates a ship was completed earlier.
- Playing Doctor: She thinks you are trying to do this with her in one of her lines.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Which adds to her cute appearance.
Voiced by: Miho Takauma
- ID: No. 307Rarity: RareArtist: 6音"Are you the Commander? My name is Jersey, and don't you forget it."
- Being Personal Isn't Professional: She actually appreciates the Commander touching her chest because they're being honest about their intentions, but she still wants them to mind the time and place.Jersey: C-Commander?! I-I-I appreciate your straightforwardness, but now isn't the time...
- Brutal Honesty: Her Disappointed line minces no words.Jersey: You are a halfhearted and lousy individual.
Jersey: There is one thing I want to set straight with you; I'm not foul-mouthed, I simply say what's on my mind. For instance... do you have a thing for little children?
- Her Friendly line has her say this:
- Consummate Professional: Many of her lines seem to reflect this. For example, when she enters a battle:Jersey: We must face our enemies seriously, no matter who they are.
- Girlish Pigtails: Long enough to reach her waist.
- Hair Antennae: Her two upward strands are easier to see in her chibi than her base art.
- Hates Being Called Cute: Zigzagged; one of her secretary lines mentions this (see Will Not Tell a Lie), but she then mentions not minding it. It's possible that she wants only the Commander to call her cute.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: She's quite critical of herself in her Self Introduction line.Jersey: While I have neither noble blood nor a particularly outstanding combat record, my personality is what it is, so spare me your complaints. What happened in Malta was just a slipup. But, admittedly, mistakes are mistakes. That much I know.
- Marriage Before Romance: According to her Pledge line, she and the Commander "have been so straightforward that we've not even done anything romantic". She then suggests letting romance into their lives from that point onward.
- The Napoleon: One of her secretary lines reveals this.Jersey: I hate it when others underestimate me because of my size!
- Not Good with Rejection: Her Like line, which follows up from her Friendly line above, implies this.Jersey: But that's all right. You may fancy me if you like, but if you don't, then it's... not *not* a problem...
- She's Got Legs: Her white stockings accentuate this.
- Support Party Member: If she's deployed alongside any of her J-class sisters, her Support skill, "Dark Side of Fate", reduces their damage taken but also increases the damage Jersey herself takes. This arguably makes her most effective in the center Vanguard spot.
- Will Not Tell a Lie: Shown in her secretary lines and Love line. She'd even like her romantic partner to uphold this in turn.Jersey: No one knows what's on a person's mind if they don't say it aloud. I do not like people who are roundabout.Jersey: I wish you would compliment me for being honest, rather than for being "cute." Not that I mind compliments like that.Jersey: Commander, I'm a straightforward person, and I'd like my partner to be as well. So be open-hearted and simply say what's on your mind. In return, I will be sincere with you as well.
Voiced by: Tomoyo Takayanagi
- ID: No. 306Rarity: RareArtist: 6音"I am the Royal Navy J-class destroyer, Jupiter... "Jue-know"? Erm, which one are you referring to?"
- Historical In-Joke: Or perhaps a slightly more literal Mythology Gag. Her introduction line has her ask which Juno you are referring to (her sister Juno, or the Eagle Union's Juneau), and her lines establish that Juno looks after her a lot. Jupiter was the husband of Juno in Classical Mythology. The mythological Jupiter was also her brother, which is why one of this Jupiter's lines has her state that the two are just sisters.
- Gender-Blender Name: Named after a male Roman god.
- One-Steve Limit: Not her, but she lampshades the fact that her sister Juno and the Eagle Union ship Juneau have names that are pronounced the exact same way (and, in the Japanese version, spelt the same), with her English introductory line asking which one she is referring to, as well as having a line for if she's sortied alongside Juneau.
- Shrinking Violet: Downplayed, but her Friendly affection line reveals that she was initially too nervous to talk to the Commander alone, and had Juno accompany her.
Voiced by: Miyuki Satou
- ID: No. 550Rarity: Super RareArtist: NG_Jie;"I am Jervis, J-class destroyer of the Royal Navy, and my duty is to assist the injured. You seem to be in pretty good shape, Commander, so my services probably aren't needed? I'll be taking my leave for now."
- Big Sister Instinct: Towards Janus, who is referenced in several of her lines.
- Born Lucky: Her "Lucky Jervis" skill references how during her ship life she never lost a single crew member in combat. It's also why her base luck stat is 92.
- Buxom Is Better: She's rather nicely stacked for a destroyer, especially compared to other ships in the "J" class. Purifier explicitly points this out.
- Hospital Hottie: She has the looks, and her concept is a nurse/medic combination.
- Survivor Guilt: Implied in regards to how she feels about Janus. In real life they were both hit by Hs 293 guided bombs off of Anzio, and while Janus exploded and sunk (taking most of her crew with her), Jervis only suffered light damage and did not lose a single crewmember.
- Curtains Match the Window: Both have hair and eyes only a few shades off from each other.
- Crippling Overspecialization: They both have the second highest anti-sub stat after Eldridge, but at the expense of everything else.
- Those Two Girls: When they appear in events it's always together.
Voiced by: Yumiri Hanamori
- I am the M-class Destroyer, Musketeer! Hehe... I knew something good was going to happen today~ Commander, can you point me to where the port is? Here? Or over here?!
- Historical In-Joke: Her reckless nature may be a reference to her collision with the Polish destroyer Błyskawica, since it was historically her fault.
- Plucky Girl: She insists it doesn't hurt when injured and even her disappointed voice line is her begging the commander to return to his former self rather than give in to despair. Even her defeat line is her cheerily saying it's time for a sneaky exit.
- Reckless Gun Usage: Her voice lines imply she is constantly twirling her guns around and firing them. In one line she assures the commander that she is using blanks "this time" which makes you wonder about all the other times.
Voiced by: Yumiri Hanamori
- I have finally met the commander. I am M class destroyer, Matchless. Ah, even though my name is "Matchless", I am actually pretty feeble. Ehe, commander, will you be able to protect me?
- No.: 460Rarity: EliteArtist: shisantianVoiced by: Haruka TakahashiEskimo, Tribal-class Destroyer, is here! Oi, this fleet's not half bad! Nice to meet you, Commander!
- Attention Whore: She outright admits to just wanting the Commander to pay attention to her.
- Historical In-Joke: Her love of taking furniture apart probably refers to how she famously had her bow blown clean off after being hit by a torpedo from Z2 which forced her to undergo extensive rebuilding.
- In the Hood: She has an enormous fur-lined hood referring to both her namesake and how she served mainly in frigid northern waters.
- Leeroy Jenkins: She charges ahead in the Counterattack Within the Fjord event after the fleeing Iron Blood destroyers without waiting for orders. One of her skills is also called Lemme At 'Em!
- The Prankster: She takes apart the Commander's chair after he takes too long coming back, sneaks some habaneros into chocolate she makes for him, and is seen melting a manjuu's popsicle with a magnifying glass in her summer skin.
Light Cruisers (CL)
- Crippling Overspecialization: The absolute extreme of Anti-Air light-cruisers, trading their auxiliary gun for another anti-air mount. And have skills that boost both their antiair and firepower.
- Hotter and Sexier: Their remodels make both of them acting a lot sexier than their rather conservative act and clothing in their base form, complete with more exposed cleavage.
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: While most Royal Navy crusiers come with the same equipment slot set of one main gun, one torpoedo and one anti-air, along with the ability to store an extra set of torpedos; the C-class crusiers are the only ones that ditched the torpoedos for another anti-air mount, and can fire their mainguns twice in a row like the Brooklyn-class, the Cleveland-class, and the Heavy Crusiers of Eagle Union.
- Meido: So far, all the ships in this class are dressed like Maids, Victorian style which references their older age compared to the other maid ships. They are different in personality:
- Curacoa appears to be mainly a care taker/chef type and has a rather kind personality.
- Curlew is far more prim and proper and is strict about proper terms and etiquette.
- Support Party Member: Their refits give them the ability to buff their allies AA (Curacoa) or Carrier attack (Curlew)
Voiced by: Reika Fujisawa
- ID: No. 372Rarity: RareArtist: monety"Though this is the first I'm meeting you, I can't help but to feel a sense of familiarity from the bottom of my heart... I am Curacoa - from now on, allow me handle the various affairs around the port. Please look forward to it!"
- Born Unlucky: Was sunk by a collision with a friendly shipnote and her luck's a lowly 24.
Voiced by: Reika Fujisawa
- ID: No. 373Rarity: RareArtist: monety"Greetings, I am your Royal Maid, Curlew. The responsibility of supervising the master's daily routine falls on the maid. I will help you become a Royal gentleman through and through, so please pay attention and work hard."
Voiced by: Yukiyo Fujii
- ID: No. 557Rarity: EliteArtist: Unknown
- Dark-Skinned Blond: She has a noticeably darker skin tone than most of the other British shipgirls and blonde hair.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: In her base skin.
- One-Steve Limit: To distinguish her from the Eagle Union's Enterprise, she's called Enterprise (Royal Navy) in game. This was alluded to with Glasgow's line about knowing Enterprise and the Commander correcting her about which ship she meant.
- Balance Buff: As mentioned below, the Giant Hunter skill waw reworked on the Dec 22nd update, making it more generally usable with the damage boost applying to all Medium armor enemies, a buff to the evasion and torpedo stats, and with Heavy Cruisers, a slow effect if they're hit 4 times.
- Crippling Overspecialization:
- Giant Hunter is Ajax and Achilles' signature skill, but it only works against heavy cruisers and leaves them rather mediocre when not facing heavy cruisers. With the Dec 22nd update, the skill was tweaked to be less specific by having the damage boost against medium armor enemies (so they can do more against most carriers) and having a buff to their evasion and torpedo stats.
- Leander avoids this by having a general use skill set that is useful no matter what (Firepower buff plus smokescreen after refit)
- Gender-Blender Name: All three are named for men from Greek Mythology.
- Glass Cannon: Ajax and Achilles. Offensively, they have the tied-highest firepower of all Rare light cruisers (with USS Brooklyn-class ships) pre-retrofit, and the absolute highest light cruiser firepower post-retrofit, even above higher rarity light cruisers; all three of their skills, especially Giant Hunter, spike their damage as well. Defensively, this is a downplayed example compared to, say, Suffolk — they're light cruisers, so they have decent evasion and therefore fairly average survivability overall, but nonetheless they have less HP than even their common sister Leander among other light cruisers. Ajax also boasts a rather respectable luck stat compared to her sisters, helping her evade more, offsetting the glass part.
- Historical In-Joke:
- Ajax and Achilles' post-retrofit Giant Hunter skill, which boosts their damage against heavy cruisers, is a reference to their role in the Battle of the River Plate, where they fought and hunted the German heavy cruiser Admiral Graf Spee
- Leander appears in Honolulu's character story as a common friend of both her and St. Louis; the three ships often fought side by side.
- Moveset Clone: Achilles and Ajax have identical skills and stats, both before and after their retrofits, besides Ajax's 74 Luck versus Achilles' 54.
- Status Buff: Ajax and Achilles' Full Firepower skill increases the firepower of their guns within a short duration. Post-remodel, their Giant Hunter skill increases their damage against medium armor enemies, increases their Evade and Torpedo stats.
Leander (75 * )
Voiced by: Ibuki Kido
- ID: No. 104Rarity: NormalArtist: Kaede Yumesaki"How do you do. I am the Leander-class light cruiser, Leander. I'm actually a little different from my sisters. Want to know what it is?"
- Boring, but Practical: Is this to a degree as while she's not the highest rarity or flashiest unit, she eventually becomes an incredible unit for her value with stats rivaling if not outdoing a number of higher rarity royal light cruisers and her skill set boosts her cruiser allies nicely.
- Cool Big Sis: Acts as one towards her sisters and the Commander. It says something when even Ajax likes her.
- Fanservice Pack: Her... assets become bigger post-retrofit.
- Lap Pillow: Offers to let the Commander rest their head on her lap in one of her idle lines.
- Nice Girl: Kind and even tempered. She's easily able to see past Honolulu's prickly exterior.
- Support Party Member: Her Artillery Command: Cruisers skill increases the firepower of all cruisers in the party within a short duration, and her post-remodel Smokescreen skill increases the evasion rate of her allies within its Area of Effect.
Voiced by: Tomoyo Chuujou
- ID: No. 106Rarity: RareArtist: Kaede Yumesaki"Commander, I'm the third ship of the Leander class, Ajax. Even as the third ship I'm quite famous... I'm sure you'd be suprised if you were to see my closet. Want to take a look? Fufu..."
- The Baroness: Acts the part quite well.
- Foot Focus: Her retrofit has her sitting down, with one shoe off and that foot extended towards the viewer. Her retrofit lines include telling the commander to lick her foot and wanting to step on him.
- Taken to new levels with her "Valentine's Reward?" skin. The reward in question is a heart-shaped piece of chocolate being offered to the commander for the occasion...which she has pinched between her pantyhosed toes. Complete with her holding her shoe in her hand, presumably due to having just removed it for the act.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold:
- For the most part, she views everyone around her as either things to toy with or annoyances to get rid of. The exception is her sisters. While she is a bit prickly towards Achilles at times, she outright thanks her for being her, and she refers to Leander as being a nice big sister towards her and Achilles.
- She also returns mercy, being willing to spare Graf Spee and her subordinates (such as Z1, who remarks Ajax isn't that bad for a sadist) since Graf Spee herself spares the crews of the merchant ships she's sunk.
- She also gets along with Formidable, in part because she's basically the only person who knew what Formidable was actually like, prior to the Commander oathing Formidable.
- Sadist: Is more interested in finding victims to torment than actually following protocol or orders. As her affection rises, she claims that the commander is the only person who triggers these tendencies in her. A quick look at her lines and behaviour directed towards her enemies makes it quite clear that this is a lie. This may be a case of Lost in Translation, as some translations imply she means that she doesn't go quite as far with anyone other than the commander.
- The Strategist: She's mentioned to be an excellent strategist and the smartest of her sisters, which she demonstrates by figuring out where Spee is and tricking her into sinking herself. One of Formidable's post-oath lines reveals that she saw right through Formidable's "proper lady" persona as soon as they met.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With Exeter during the "Pursuit of Graf Spee" event as they hunt the titular ship.
- At one point, the English client's skill description of her post- Balance Buff Giant Hunter skill stated that it only worked when Graf Spee was in the fleet, which may have been a way of encouraging one of these situations in gameplay. This was never actually implemented, though, and the text has been updated.
Achilles (70 * )
Voiced by: Yuri Yamaoka
- ID: No. 105Rarity: RareArtist: Kaede Yumesaki"I'm Achilles, Leander class light cruisers ship number two☆ Commander, why don't we go to New Zealand and buy some snacks?"
- Genki Girl: Extremely energetic and excitable, even referring to herself as "genki" in one of her lines (translated as peppy in the English version).
- One of her voice lines references the "30-year-old Wizard" meme.
- One of her comments involves her saying "Me liking potatoes... does not match with my image?!" may be a reference to a certain famous film series filmed in New Zealand that has a Memetic Mutation revolving around a character's mention of potatoes.
- Stealth Insult: Her stranger line references the meme "Men who are virgins until they are 30 become wizards". Her upset line cheerfully tells the commander to "work hard and aim to become a magician".
- Through His Stomach: Really loves doing this for you.
Voiced by: Ayaka Suwa
- ID: No. 116Rarity: RareArtist:"You can be at ease now that I, Arethusa, have come. If anything, Commander, don't you dare hold me back!"
- Tsundere: Pretty much the most classic example of the trope in the game. She thinks highly of herself because of who she is (lead of the Arethusa-class), thinks the Commander will hold her back at first, and gradually comes to like the Commander after spending time with them and passing off any show of affection as coincidence.
Voiced by: Ayaka Suwa
- ID: No. 117Rarity: RareArtist:"Im Galatea, second in line of the Arethusa-class~ Do you believe in fate, Commander? It's fate that we've met like this~"
- Covert Pervert: Possibly not even covert. She doesn't really object to "touch" actions as secretary, merely letting the Commander know she's taking that as a commitment. She's also quite eager for physical displays of affection even in non-affection-related voice lines and appears to be wearing something similar to a "virgin-killer" sweater (as opposed to Arethusa's Little Black Dress).
- Gratuitous English: In the CN and JP versions, she uses "Darling" when oathed (and written in anglo-roman letters in the CN version, to boot).
- The Tease: Quite unlike her sister, she starts from the word go with teasing the Commander concerning her potential affection and seems quite happy to encourage the Commander to be affectionate, though how serious she is most of the time is up for debate. At higher affection levels, though, she's absolutely delighted that you're returning her overtures.
Voiced by: Yui Sakakibara (Japanese), Marianne Bray (English)
- ID: No. 118Rarity: EliteArtist: MayaG"How do you do, Commander♪ I'm Aurora, the 4th ship of the Arethusa-class of light cruisers. I'll be your secretary for today. If you have any questions, feel free to ask♪"
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Blonde and a generally nice girl.
- Irony: In that while she served both British and Chinese navies, her skill kit is highly effective against them (particularly dodge tank Royal Navy Destroyer tactics in PvP) in that her second skill reduces the evasion rate of both Destroyers and Light Cruisers (popular ship choices in both factions) by a noticeable amount.
Voiced by: Kazusa Aranami
- ID: No. 495Rarity: EliteArtist: Suisai"Arethusa-class light cruiser... Penelope, is my name. From now on, I will be your subordinate. I hope that you... can at least remember my name."
- Butterfly of Death and Rebirth: Stylized butterflies surround her in her default skin. Downplayed since she can't outright resurrect herself after dying, but just like her historical counterpart, she can at least take near-death beatings and still come back swinging.
- Comically Missing the Point: Doesn't seem to realize that Pepperpot is supposed to be her nickname.
- Penelope: Pepperpot? ...Why yes, I do think that food generally tastes better with a healthy pinch of pepper.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: She may not have done it on purpose, but regardless, she added vinegar into rose hip tea.
- Curtains Match the Window: Purple hair, purple eyes.
- Easily Forgiven: Wants to get along with U-410, despite that being the ship who sunk her. After oathing Penelope, she succeeds.
- Forgetful Jones: As the Commander's secretary, she is highly prone to forgetting where she placed things and what she was supposed to be doing at the time. She writes down simple reminders of her tasks in case she forgets, and is still at a loss since she forgot the context of the reminder.note
- (when idle) "Paperwork, paperwork... Where did I put it again? On that shelf? I can't seem to remember..."(when mission rewards can be collected) "'Remind the commander to collect the rewards for completed missions.' ...Got it. Commander, please remember to collect your rewards. What rewards? Umm..."
- Heal Thyself: Her Pepperpot skill temporarily reduces damage taken when hitting 30% HP, then heals her after a delay. A reference to the nickname "HMS Pepperpot" her crew gave her after patching up the damage from German bombers with makeshift plugs made from wood◊.
- One-Steve Limit: Not Penelope herself, but when sortied with the research ship HMS Neptune, she apologizes. She is more than likely confusing her with the Leander-class HMS Neptune, who was sunk by Italian mines while participating in a Force K operation. This Neptune does not appear in Azur Lane as of March 2021.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Her hair covers her right eye.
- Situational Sword: Her Heroes of Malta skill considerably increases her damage output against destroyers and other light cruisers, much like her sister and frequent Real Life partner Aurora.
- The Ditz: She displays several qualities of being this in her lines, such as forgetting where she placed things and what she was doing, forgetting the context of her own reminders to deal with said fogetfulness and missing the point about Pepperpot being her nickname. Even in her art, especially her Lunar New Year skin she looks somewhat dazed and out of it.
- Meido: All the ships in this class except for Southampton are dressed like Maids and belong to the Royal Maids.
- Ninja Maid: As they are also warships, all of them fit this to some degree. Some of their personal lines and their lines imply that the Royal Maids, which is primarily made up of this class, are just as much the Royal Family's bodyguardsnote and an elite military unit as they are actual maids.
Voiced by: Ayumi Mano
- ID: No. 110Rarity: RareArtist: Vilor"Good day, Mast- ahem! My name is Southampton. Let me know if there's anything I might do for you. Oh and, not to be a bother, but is there a space here where I can make tea and enjoy some music?"
- Verbal Backspace: As shown above, she starts to greet the Commander as Master before catching herself, likely a reflex from her days as a Royal Maid.
- Punny Name: If sortied alongside Northampton, she'll comment on their similar names, and suggests they'll get along splendidly because of it.
- The Slacker: Her lines show that she's this, asking the Commander if he wants to take a nap, recommending that he procrastinates and puts off completing missions, stating that "the maids would be running themselves ragged" and she's not suited for such work, talking about playing hooky, and hoping that being enhanced or limit broken doesn't mean her work load will increase. She even suggests that the Commander have one of her maid sisters take on more of their workload. It appears to be the main reason she's not a maid.
- Uniformity Exception:
- She's the only Town-class to not be a maid, with a number of her lines lampshading this. Instead, she's a knight. A rather lazy knight. She says in Blessings and Tidings that it's because things are too hectic for her to be a maid.
- Glasgow's line when sortied together has her ask if she's really not going to rejoin the Maids, revealing that she used to be a Royal Maid but left.
- She and Newcastle are the only ones in the class who don't have white hair, though Newcastle is the only one who has dark hair.
- She's the only Town-class to not be a maid, with a number of her lines lampshading this. Instead, she's a knight. A rather lazy knight. She says in Blessings and Tidings that it's because things are too hectic for her to be a maid.
Voiced by: Saori Goto
- ID: No. 361Rarity: RareArtist: Lpip"I thought I was lost, but Im glad I was able to meet with you. I am the Town Class Light Cruiser, Newcastle. Thank you for taking care of my sisters."
Former head of the maids, made available during a certain co-operative event in the asian versions.
- Ambiguously Jewish: Zigzagged. The name for the "Rose of Sharon" skin definitively originated first in the Tanakh note , but it's also another name for the Mugunghwa, Korea's National Flower, in which Newcastle saw action as part of the Korean war.
- Not present in the English version, where the skin's called "Hibiscus Garments"
- Crippling Overspecialization: Built for heavy Anti-Air and buff support.... but at the cost of her relevant offensive stats even with her buffs applied to herself. This mostly averted with her remodel, though her torpedo stat ends up so-so.
- Hammerspace: Explicitly named as where she pulls a book from during a scene in her quest line.
- Magikarp Power: Her offensive stats are rather underwhelming before her remodel, which ups them to be roughly comparable to other base light cruisers in the same faction.
- Retired Badass: Seems to fit the part... though while she comes out of retirement, stat wise she lags behind the other maids. You can largely avert this by retrofitting her, however.
- Stance System: Has the anti-air mode skill which trades firepower for anti-air, which in her case further aggravates her overspecialization.
- Support Party Member: Has a number of buff skills, and heavily reinforced by her rather lacking offensive stats (pre-remodel).
- Umbrella of Togetherness: She carries a black umbrella around, which she shelters the Commander with in her character sidequest.
- Uniformity Exception: Before Southampton was added, she was the only Town-class that didn't have white hair. Ironic, considering that, both in game and in real life, Newcastle was the first and oldest ship of the classnote . She is still the only one with dark hair, as Southampton is blonde, and the only one of the Town-class maids that doesn't have white hairnote . She has since been joined by Glasgow (by the same artist), who also has brown hair.
Voiced by: Konomi Kohara (Japanese), Emily Neves (English), Maggie Vera (Latin American Spanish)
- ID: No. 111Rarity: EliteArtist: MayaG"Ah... I thought you were a vermin, so I fired on instinct... You're my new Master? Excuse me. I am a member of the Royal Maids, Light Cruiser Sheffield. I am yours to command."
- Abnormal Ammo: Of all things, she orders (and uses) cleaning bullets from Akashi in her character quest. They're made of special material and loaded with detergent just so she can clean hard-to-reach places.
- Affectionate Nickname: Jamaica, Newcastle, and Glasgow call her "Sheffy" from time to time, and by part five of Sheffy's own character quest she encourages the commander to do the same.
- Appeal to Force: In Queen's Orders, her plan to help Belfast beat Long Island at video games, thus allowing the maids to clean Long Island's room, boils down to "hold a gun to Long Island's head". She does reveal that it wasn't actually loaded afterwards, but still.
- Coat Cape: Wears one in her "Cloak and Dagger" skin.
- Critical Hit Class: One of her skills increase both critical hit rate and damage from them.
- Foil: Unlike Belfast who heavily dotes on the commander, she's far more strict and stern about her duties. However in her "Like" line, she admits she's envious of Belfast's way of doing things.
- She also proves to be one to Sirius who's more doting than Belfast and while also skilled in combat, her ability as an actual maid is left wanting. There's also contrasting outfits/figures.
- Going Commando: Is stated to do that by her artist in a twitter comment. Saying that "She wears garters because it's a necessity for maid, but to increase her mobility, she doesn't wear any underwear." Continued in the anime episode 4, with the staff stating that she is not wearing panties and that is why Akagi is caught off guard when Sheffield does an high-kick. Episode 6 of anime explicitly confirms this, where she matter-of-factly reveals this to Cleveland. When Cleveland is still unsure, Sheffield flashes herself to Cleveland and her sisters to prove it, resulting in Cleveland being shocked for a while (though by contrast Columbia seems quite appreciative).
- Gun Fu: Shows these skills in the anime, fighting Takao to a standstill in a close-combat duel.
- Guns Akimbo: Two of her secondary turrets are depicted as pistols that she wields. She references them in several lines, including claiming that using pistols to "clean" things is common knowledge among maids.
- Gun Nut: Guns are her hobby, and she's quite passionate about them.
- Ninja Maid: Even more so than her sisters, as her "Cloak and Dagger" skin heavily implies that she's also a secret agent, and many of her lines heavily imply that her primary job is "cleaning" things up with her pistol, such as "garbage", to the point that she doesn't have a single line where the word clean, cleaning, or garbage isn't in airquotes. Unlike Sirius, she appears to be a pretty competent maid.
- Red Baron: Shiny Sheff, a nod to her fittings constructed from stainless steel instead of the traditional brass, and the name of one of her skills.
- Servile Snarker: From the very beginning she's sarcastic and insulting to the commander, but she dismisses her insults as non-serious and still cleans, cooks, and cares for the commander as secretary.
- Shout-Out: Her pledge line is a reference to Roberta's oath in Black Lagoon. Her outfit is also based off of Roberta's.
- Smash Sisters: Is this with Jamaica, though the latter references it more. It references the time both ships rescued a convoy from some German ships. They also both were featured in the Winter's Crown event.
- The Stoic: Comes off as pretty cold compared to her sisters, though at a high affection she starts to show a few hints of her feelings while still maintaining her tone.
- Token Religious Teammate: Downplayed compared to Fortune, but due to the aforementioned shout out, she is one of the few ships to make reference to Christianity, mentioning the Virgin Mary in her pledge line. She also has three Petrine crosses on her default outfit, and one on her "Cloak and Dagger" outfit, as well as one on the briefcase in the latter outfit. Oddly, despite serving the equivalent of the British Monarchy, her references make her seem more Catholic than Anglicannote .
Voiced by: Konomi Kohara
- ID: No. 421Rarity: EliteArtist:"I am Sheffield, from the Royal Maids. I will explain how this transpired to you, so please stop looking like the world has turned upside down."
The version of Sheffield augmented by Muse Weapon technology. She's Polaris' keyboardist and 2nd vocalist.
- Necessary Drawback: Her "Shine and Dance" is modified "Shiny Shef" that trades weaker activation rate and damage reduction for a more flexible activation requirement, allowing her to make heavy ships tankier.
- The Stoic: Downplayed compared to her normal self: she still is stoic, but she is a bit warmer towards the commander than her normal self, especially in her love and oath line. Not that it stops her from calling you insect like her normal version.
Voiced by: Tomori Kusunoki
- ID: No. 423Rarity: RareArtist: Lpip"I'm Glasgow, light cruiser part of the Southampton subclass of the Town class. I am honoured to be part of your fleet, Commander. I am at your service."
- Closet Geek: She enjoys reading manga, and is embarrassed when the Commander walks in on her finishing an issue. Downplayed in that it may be that she was reading it when she was supposed to be working.
- Funetik Aksent: Downplayed, but most of her lines in the english version are written to show she has a Scottish accent, and she also uses words like "lassie" that are heavily associated with Scottish accents.
- Historical In-Joke: One of her lines in her School Skin has her mention that she knows Enterprise, and that they fought together at the Bay of Biscay... only for the Commander to tell her that he's talking about a different Enterprise. HMS Glasgow and HMS Enterprise fought at the Bay of Biscay, where the two faced five German destroyers and a number of German torpedo boats, and managed to sink a destroyer and two torpedo boat while taking almost no damage and only two casualties.
- Support Party Member: her "swift defense" skill reduces the damage the backline takes while boosting her own damage resistance against destroyer and light cruiser guns and torpedoes.
- Yuri Fan: Queen's Orders shows her to be this in secret, where she likes to secretly read about lesbian maids, and gets extremely flustered when Curacoa found the book when she unknowingly lost it and gave it back to her.
Voiced by: Reina Ueda
- ID: No. 113Rarity: EliteArtist: Inayama"Gloucester, light cruiser of the Royal Maids, at your service, Master. It is my honor and my duty to assist you in becoming a most magnificent commander."
- Historical In-Joke: In multiple voicelines, she talks about her disapproval of Fiji's lifestyle and actions. These interactions reference the fact that they were both sunk together at the Battle of Crete. This is referenced in one of Gloucester's other lines, where she tells Fiji to have faith, as "the master will not let that happen again".
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Her voicelines have her taking on various tasks in order to ensure that the commander makes as few mistakes as possible, such as watching his diet or attempting to increase his work efficiency by... staying with him, of course.
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome: Considering what game this is, asking the commander to be more mindful of how he treats women is, while greatly uncommon outside of special touch lines, incredibly understandable considering both her personality and how often those lines are invoked by players. (This is immediately undermined by her offering to "practice", of course.)
Voiced by: Yūko Gotō (Japanese), Melissa Sternenberg (English), Elsa Covián (Latin American Spanish)
- ID: No. 114Rarity: EliteArtist: Jack Navy"This is my turn, you might say! I'm 'her' big sister, Edinburgh! In a sense, I am the "most accomplished" light cruiser!"
- Armor-Piercing Attack: She has a skill that increases the damage of AP shots.
- Big Sister Worship: Inverted, while she feels inferior to her little sister, she also is rather attached to Belfast. She's even more affectionate towards Little Bel.
- Cowardly Lion: She would rather protect the gold she was tasked with carrying and protecting even if it means retreating, but still does the job.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: She has a way of falling over things or forgetting them. She even has glasses to boot. In the anime she is clearly aware of this and questions why is she brought along for a spy job with Sheffield, especially since that was right after her tripping nearly blew their cover.
- Cuteness Proximity: Okay, Edinburgh, despite somewhat envious to Belfast, is rather close to her sister. But what about Little Bel? Her reaction while commenting how cute Little Bel is makes both Belfast and Little Bel uncomfortable.
- Historical In-Joke:
- The gold bullion she was sunk with has become a semi-common reference in her lines and can be seen falling out of her skirt in her normal art.
- When in the same fleet with Belfast, she will mention that it is unthinkable the two sisters can fight together. Historically speaking, Belfast was hit with a mine and underwent extensive repair, and during this time, Edinburgh did all the jobs expected for a cruiser. When Belfast was done repairing, Edinburgh unfortunately got sunk while transporting a cargo of gold (which is seen in her default outfit), thus the two never had a chance to fight in the same taskforce together.
- Made of Iron: She has a very high amount of HP for a light cruiser.
- Successful Sibling Syndrome: She's clearly in her famed little sister's shadow and feels inferior.
- Supreme Chef: According to the tea time mini event, she's actually better than Belfast at cooking.
Voiced by: Yui Horie (Japanese), Lindsay Seidel (English), Fernanda Robles (Latin American Spanish)
- ID: No. 115Rarity: Super RareArtist: Kisetsu (Start - 2019?), Yoyo2doggness (2019-present)"Are you my master? Pleasure to meet you. I am Belfast the maid. From now on, I dedicate myself to you."
The personification of HMS Belfast, and the current head of the Royal Maids. Is also the most popular, for some reason.
- The Ace: Her position of head maid is well earned as she's hardly rivaled in every relevant area. Even older maid light cruisers are impressed by her. Some side things deconstruct this as Newcastle implies that her perfectionism hinders her ability to lead and in the Episode of Belfast light novels, she's shocked to discover that most people don't find her approachable (people were coming to Edinburgh instead) due to her perfectionism.
- Big Little Sister: Edinburgh is the older sister, though it's hard to tell looking at them.
- Chained by Fashion: She wears a collar with attached chain as part of her uniform, which either represents her status as being chained to Thames river as museum ship, or a reference to City of Belfast's coat of arms◊. Little Bel distinguishes from her adult self by wearing a ribbon choker instead.
- Cool Big Sis: Towards the younger maids, especially Little Bel. It's part of her duty as the head maid to, in her words, "instruct, raise, and nurture new recruits".
- Covert Pervert: Belfast is head maid for a reason. She gets the job done, done well, and manages the rest of the Royal maids like a champion. She's also doting, teasing, and her Noble Attendant skin has Edinburgh accuse her of wanting the commander all to herself. When she does, Belfast has no real retort and mutters a quiet denial in an unusually meek tone for her.
- Hotter and Sexier: Somewhat zigzagged. Since her new artist took over, most skins he made were generally more fanservicey compared to Kisetsu's works, which balanced out the fanervice elements with elegant posing. Her New Year skin goes in a completely opposite direction, completely lacking any of her usual curviness. her posing is comletely elegant. Her breasts are bound so seamlessly that she doesn't even have a bust-line (of course that's the point of this kind of clothing). Though she says it took a while to properly set it up, implying that it was a lot of work to make breasts as large as hers completely flat.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: In her base skin. It's a wonder how her ample breasts don't bounce out of her top at a slight motion.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Belfast is noted to be proficient at nearly everything, befitting her status as a head maid.
- Lightning Bruiser: In-game, she has above average stats in most departments and excellent offensive and defensive skills, making her useful in nearly every build and one of the most powerful ships in the game overall. With time, this has become more downplayed with the flaws of her kits becoming clearer and the introduction of more sensibly designed Royal Light Cruisers like Swiftsure.
- Kill It with Fire: Her main skill increases the likelihood of her High Explosive shots to cause burn on enemy ships and their damage.
- Leitmotif: Oath
- Ms. Fanservice: A major reason for her popularity; Belfast is the quintessential "sexy maid" with a gorgeous face and nice rack. Her base appearance offsets her charm with her posing. Her Lunar new year Qipao skin however heavily emphasizes her curves and legs as do most of her other newer skins.
- Shout-Out: Both of her skills seems to be modeled after her World of Warships self, especially given that even in Azur Lane, British CLs' specialty is still AP shells and in real life British CLs aren't issued with HE shells, only Semi-AP shells. Her initial equipment is AP matching with the real specialty.
- Her HE skill icon is a shout out to a scene in Black Lagoon, in which the killer maid Roberta lifted her maid skirt to drop a dozen live grenades on the floor after she wiped the floor with a whole bar of mafia goons. While performing a formal farewell bow. A shoutout that also pretty much sums up the performance of Belfast in combat.
- In the anime, introduces herself as "Just a maid who is passing by."
- Smoke Out: Her Smokescreen: Light Cruiser skill creates a smokescreen every 20 seconds that increases the evasion rate of the escort fleet as well as reducing their airstrike damage within its Area of Effect. The later efect only applies in PvP as the effect doesn't apply to any enemy attack at all.
- Third-Person Person: She refers to herself in third-person sometimes.
- You Don't Look Like You: Heavily downplayed. Sometime in 2019, Kisetsu quit doing art for the game as Yoyo2doggness took over starting with her Chinese New Year Skin. Only a sharp eye can detect the subtle changes in style, though not so subtle is the more clearly fanservice-aiming direction his skins have gone in, placing much more emphasis on her curves. Though, ironically, her New Year skin is easily her most conservative skin yet (it doesn't even have a bust-line).
Voiced by: Yui Horie
- ID: No. 335Rarity: EliteArtist: Kaede Yumesaki"So the Master is the Commander... Erm, is this my Master's room? I don't really understand, but... it seems I can stay here for a while, right? I am the maid Belfast, a pleasure to meet you."
- Big Sister Worship: Looks up to her older sister, Belfast, and hopes to follow in her footsteps.
- Dub Name Change: For the English server, her name was changed from Belchan to Belette, as seen in Sirius' character quest. It was later changed further to "Little Bel" for the release of the Operation Manjuu event in that region. The EN version of Operation Manjuu actually expands one scene a bit to justify this by having Akashi mention◊ that she wanted to call her Belchan, Japanese-style, but Yuubari objected, arguing that her name should be more fitting for a Royal Navy ship. This also helps justify why Zeppy was called that way on EN, but Akagi-chan and Hiei-chan were left untouched.
- Fountain of Youth: She's a younger version of Belfast as a separate ship, with her own skillset.
- Our Clones Are Identical: She's a younger clone of Belfast due to Akashi and Yubari's Freak Lab Accident after Belfast walked into their attempt to study a Wisdom Cube's internal structure with a captured Siren laser. However, it's pointed out by Belfast that she never looked like Little Bel, as ship girls are born looking exactly like they do in-game.
- Support Party Member: She has two unique skills: one that raises her own speed and evasion and one that heals everyone at the start of each battle.
Voiced by: Ruriko Aoki
- ID: No. 107Rarity: Super RareArtist: Kincora"Good day, master. I am the light cruiser Dido, I am in your service as a Royal Maid"
- BFS: She wields a large two-handed sword just like her little sister, though Dido's appears to come with an intricately ornate sheathe.
- Broken Ace: An aversion as while Dido is incredibly talented in many fields, her confidence issues are enough to demolish any notion of her being Belfast's equal if not better.
- Companion Cube: She rarely goes anywhere without a doll that seems based on Sirius.
- Gender-Blender Name: One of few subverted examples. Dido's namesake is of the Queen of Carthage Dido, who was credited as its founder. In-game Dido's dread for being abandoned perhaps stemmed from the myth that Aeneas, Queen Dido's lover, has abandoned her at some point during his journey to establish Rome, and this left Queen Dido with a huge grief, who then continued cursing Rome and its descendants.
- Historical In-Joke: She has a couple; first is that her ability to buff Queen Elizabeth stems from how the actual Queen Elizabeth II reviewed the ship.
- And her fear of being abandoned stems from how she was ultimately pushed out of the limelight (by the pacific theater continuing), forgotten and then scrapped despite being the ship Germany surrendered on.
- Ms. Fanservice: Dido herself almost shamelessly craves her master's attention in ways that are both similar and not to her little sister. While Sirius' mind always seems to wander towards a desire for sexual intimacy, Dido on the other hand downright craves her master's attention in even the smallest amounts. Grope her chest? She's startled but ultimately delighted to be given such affection. Pat her head? Recieve a enraptured sigh for your trouble. Her outfit could fit as there's a hole in the bottom of her (strained) top that one could do naughty things with. And her outfit's back has what appears to be a leash.
- Mundane Utility: In her formal skins, one of her chibi animations has her familiar hands play a Nintendo Switch-ish system in front of her.
- Please, Don't Leave Me: Hiding not far under the surface of Dido's desires for whatever attention she can get lies a serious fear of being abandoned. Not that different than Granblue's Narmaya
- Support Party Member: Is able to buff her sisters and Queen Elizabeth, the latter notable as it helps offset the latter's weak statline.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: In 'Start Building', Dido explains that her underboob cutout is where she draws her BFS from. How it fits in there is anyone's guess.
Voiced by: Hiroko Taguchi
- ID: No. 463Rarity: Super RareArtist:"I'm Hermione, a Dido-class ship belonging to the Royal Navy. In the past... I chased after Bismarck and participated in anti-submarine warfare in Sardegna... Besides that, there's nothing worth mentioning. Commander, do you have any questions?"
- Covert Pervert:
- Downplayed- Hermione does object to being groped, but mainly because she feels it's important to watch the time and place to do so, not due to any aversion to the act in and of itself. This takes a different route post-oath, where she remarks with bemusement that the Commander never learns.
- One of her lines with enough affection towards the Commander is her wanting to do washing the Commander's clothes, stating she wants her superior to feel how it feels like to have such a "Royal" service- leaving one to wonder what exactly Hermione plans to do with Commander's clothes.
- Gender-Blender Name: One of few subverted examples. Sure, people could easily make references on her name being the same with Hermione Granger from Harry Potter franchise, but her namesake, like Dido's, came from Hermione, daughter of Melenaus of Sparta and Queen Helen of Troy.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: She arguably is the responsible sibling to all three of her sisters currently in the game. She is caring and doting, and unlike Dido and Sirius, she appears to be mostly competent at actually being a maid without any conidence issues., she's not naive like Black Prince and is considerably less sexual and more wholesome than Dido and Sirius, the latter of whom frequently begs the Commander to punish her in sexual manners, while the former can be pretty shameless in seeking the Commander's attention.
- Hospital Hottie: Her nurse skin- which is Live2D- has her looking gorgeous in a short white dress and black translucent thigh-highs, and it fits her caring, doting personality to boot. Hermione herself is aware of this trope, and threatens to get angry at the Commander if he is caught feigning illness just to see her.
- Ms. Fanservice: Takes a different route than her two sisters Dido and Sirius who are also this trope- Hermione's appeal is focused on a caring, doting personality towards the Commander rather than a shameless desire for attention. She nevertheless fulfills the usual appearance-focused criteria of the trope by having a healthy figure shown off rather well by her two L2D skins.
- Playing Doctor: Asks the Commander whether they are doing this if groped in her L2D nurse skin.
- Token Wholesome: Of her ship class; while shapely like Sirius and Dido, her normal outfit is rather conservative in comparison to even Belfast, and her L2D skins lack overly fanservicey animations.
Voiced by: Ruriko Aoki
- ID: No. 371Rarity: Super RareArtist: Kincora"Pleasure to meet you, I am Sirius from the Royal Navy, arriving here to take up my post. From this moment, I will protect the Master's honor and beliefs, till my final moments."
- Artistic License History: Her Chinese lines incorrectly claim she took part in the Battle of Leyte Gulf. She spent all her service in the European theatre, mostly in the Mediterranean. The Japanese voiced dialogue accompanying the line in question does not have the error.
- BFS: She carries a really large two-hander.
- Casual Kink: Sirius frequently begs the commander to punish her when she fails at a task, even if it's a task she can't reasonably expect to get perfect the first time like knitting. At first it's something the reader might write off as poor phrasing on her part, but as time goes on it's readily apparent that in addition to having a masochistic side she's also very, very naughty, even by Azur Lane standards.
- Crippling Overspecialization:
- Her skill set focuses her entirely on working with a full backline of Carriers. She provides an aura that boosts the air power of all carriers in the fleet by up to 10% (which, given how high many carriers get with that stat, ends up being a lot of extra damage) and in return, each carrier present boosts her Firepower, Torpedo Power and Reload by 7%, up to a total of 21%. Combined with her other passive (a flat 20% boost to her Firepower) and any other front-line buffs you're running, this means she can get pretty crazy in a wholly carrier-focused fleet and helps carriers hit like trucks... but while her aura still works at full strength with fewer than three carriers, she takes a pretty hefty attack power hit for each missing CV, and with no carriers, she's basically pointless. You either have to commit to a heavy carrier fleet to make the most of her or accept that she'll underperform, and in the latter case, you'll often look elsewhere.
- While not as bad as many other AA-leaning Light Cruisers, her stats are still slanted toward anti-air at the expense of base firepower and torp power. While firepower isn't as much of an issue (both her skills factor in gear bonuses, so once those get multiplied into the deal, her Firepower can quickly skyrocket if she's in a proper fleet) her torpedoes will never be great, needing an Oxygen Torpedo Aux to compensate. She is really good at shooting planes down, but if you want to make the most out of her, you should focus more on manual front line Anti Air efforts more than usual.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Or in Sirius' case, suggestive clumsy girl. The Slow Ahead! OVA A Party at the Grand Base is more focused on Sirius' attempts to practice serving the Commander. All she manages to do is spill, squash, slip or otherwise mess up everything she tries to do- with most of her mistakes being courtesy of her well-gifted assets.
- Gender-Blender Name: Named for a star that is, in turn, named for a male dog from Greek mythology.
- Lethal Chef: Downplayed, a few of her lines reference her cooking and issues with it, signs that her ability as an actual maid are left wanting.
- Her Chinese New Year skin mentions that she's resolved to get better and a couple other lines has her nervously talking to the commander about food she's made for the event.
- Marshmallow Hell: Ends up with the Commander's face buried between her boobs during one of her Memory chapters while she's dancing with them.
- Ms. Fanservice: Takes this a level further than Belfast with more curves, a shorter dress, an even more doting personality, and more suggestive dialogue. There is even at least one instance of Kincora drawing her with her breasts and butt bare.note "I do apologize. Not only am I unable to fully carry out my duties as a secretary, I've even wasted your highly valuable time, my honourable Master... Please... Please teach this naughty maid some proper manners!"
- Ninja Maid: Though, Knight Maid would be more fitting. She's noted for her combat and bodyguarding skills, being the chief bodyguard of the Royal Maids. Her actual maid skills...not so much. Belfast actually states that ordinary maid work isn't normally part of Sirius' job during her questline, and Sheffield states that she's responsible for security in Queen's Orders.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Her dialogue often drips with double entendres. She phrases it in a way that one could mistake her for an innocent fanservice girl but with how quickly and eagerly she jumps to offers of "service" when groped in her Chinese New Year skin it's heavily debatable.
- Shout-Out: It would surprise no one if she was inspired by 2B
- The Stoic: Slightly downplayed, but she is not particularly expressive, thus requiring a closer look to notice changes.
- Stripperiffic: Her Chinese New Year skin has coverage on par with Ushiwakamaru. A stiff breeze would threaten to expose her breasts, a scenario the commander actively worries and inquires about. Sirius thanks them for worrying about her catching a cold, but as usual it's not entirely clear if she's playing dumb or not.
- Support Party Member: Has a mutual buffing relationship with carriers; she buffs them and they buff her.
- Undying Loyalty: A major part of her character is how devoted she is to her master (you), going so far as to take up normal maid duties because of it. It colors her more seductive moments as it's not so much a thirst but her offering herself to you.
Voiced by: Yuu Ayase
- ID: No. 530Rarity: Super RareArtist: 掃除朋具"Dido-class light cruiser, Charybdis at your service. 'tis an honour to meet you in person, Master. May your everyday life be bathed in the warm sunlight, in the peaceful days that come."
- Curtains Match the Window: Her hair and eyes are both the same shade of grey.
- Ear Cleaning: She offers this in her Red Chamber of Healing skin.
Voiced by: Hisako Tōjō
- ID: No. 551Rarity: EliteArtist: Ohisashiburi"I am Bellona, improved Dido-class light cruiser of the Royal Navy. If I am not mistaken, you are the Lord-Commander? I have stated my name and title as per our code. I hope you will do so as well, my liege."
- Bifauxnen: Gives this impression with her haircut and outfit, trading out the usual skirt for a pair of shorts and high boots.
- Boyish Short Hair: Notable especially among the Royal Navy for her pixie cut.
- Curtains Match the Window: She has light grey hair and eyes. It makes her closely resemble Charybdis, which makes sense as she took her place in the English Channel patrol after Charybdis sunk in 1944.
- Duels Decide Everything: She's very eager to get into a duel.
- Keigo: She speaks in a very formal manner, which the English version translates as her referring to the Commander as "my liege."
- Lady of War: She interprets just about everything as an invitation to duel, and seems disappointed when it's not. It fits since her namesake was a Roman war goddess, though she expresses some ambivalence about her name.Though I was christened after a goddess of war, I'm not particularly fond of it. The only value I find in wielding a sword is in the pure enjoyment of the world of duels.
Black Prince (81)
Voiced by: Hisako Kanemoto
- ID: No. 408Rarity: EliteArtist: 水乌龟XD aka Suisai"I am a modified Dido-class... rather was it Bellona-class? ... Right then, you could say I'm quite well-travelled. Will you be sending me all over the world too?"
- Artistic License History: Historically, Black Prince and the Bellona sub-class were designed to be the improved "second generation" of Dido class cruisers. In game however, Black Prince is the first (and presently only) Dido-class ship to not be SR rarity; and other than a wholly insignificant EVA advantage is generally only equal, and more commonly, slightly behind her sisters in terms of base statistics.
- Critical Hit Class: Her first skill "Longbow of Woodstock" grants her three static offensive buffs as long as she is sortied with at least one USS ship; the most significant of which is a +40% main gun critical hit rate, making her one of the most consistent crit engines available.
- Historical In-Joke: Her "Longbow of Woodstock" skill is dependent on being accompanied by USS ships. The career highlights of the real-life HMS Black Prince were largely had in such company.
- The Ingenue: Despite being (as she puts it) "well travelled", Black Prince behaves very much in this fashion. Most of her dialogue lines have her asking rather simple/innocent questions to the commander. Even her "special touch" reaction is merely to wonder if it feels good to the commander to touch her like that. In Slow ahead, she gets sucked up into Aynami's gaming, including wearing a t-shirt (quite well)
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: She is this among the Dido class ships available at the time of this writing as she is both the only one to have a purely defensive group support skill and is the only one for whom barrage damage is fully secondary to her basic weaponry. This, coupled with her dependency on being sortied alongside a USS ship of any class, makes her quite different from her sisters Dido & Hermione (who specifically want HMS partners) as well as Sirius (who specifically favors carrier-class ships).
- Ms. Fanservice: Has the whole package down; though tights and/or under-arm enthusiasts in particular gravitate toward her for obvious reasons. Additionally, her L2D beach skin is...impressive.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Could almost be the poster-girl for the trope as (stereotypically speaking) Black Prince looks like she was born to be an anime MC; and as her affinity score rises, it is almost verbatim her sweetness that earns her the commander's affection.
- She's Got Legs: Particularly in her "Fair Maid Spring" skin, which does everything it possibly can to show off every last inch and curve of her legs.
- Smoke Out: Carries the traditional smokescreen skill employed by many HMS vanguard units.
- Status Buff: When sortied with any USS ship, "Longbow of Woodstock" gives Black Prince a constant +20% FP, + 20% Torp, & an enormous +40% main gun crit rate. The downside to this status buff however is that Black Prince's damage output is very dependent on it being active, in practice making it less of a status buff and more of a requirement in order to gainfully utilize her. Factional-purist players almost universally ignore her for this reason.
Voiced by: Sawako Hata
- ID: No. 327Rarity: RareArtist:"Hello, Fiji has arrived! So you are the commander? Hmm...en...pfft, pretty reliable looking aren't ya. I will be in your care from now on, com~man~der!"
- Hellish Pupils: Subverted; despite the slit pupils, she's a genuinely friendly sort. This isn't the case for her casual skin however.
- Historical In-Joke:
- The name of one of her anti-aircraft skill, "Crete's Black Cloud", is a reference to something her commanding officer apparently said to Admiral Cunningham during the Battle of Crete (The only record of it is a letter Cunningham wrote to Admiral Sir Dudley Pound). While reporting the situation to Cunningham, he apparently said that the sky over HMS Gloucester was so full of planes that it looked black. Both ships were sunk by German aircraft during the battle.
- She mentions in her biography that she is pretty much the nameship of her class. Due to the majority of the ships being of the Fiji-subclass, and the Ceylon-subclass only having minor differences, the Crown Colony-class was often called the Fiji-class.
- My Greatest Failure: Downplayed. She's not exactly all that happy about her service record consisting only of being sunk at the Battle of Crete, for the most part she's come to terms with it, and simply decides she'll have to learn from it.
- Nice Girl: She's quite nice, not even getting angry if the Commander gropes her. If the fleet she's in gets defeated, she tell the commander to grab the others and run, with the implication that she's planning on staying behind to buy time.
- Pervert Revenge Mode: Played with; at a middle affection level, the commander will catch her in a particular state of undress, but unlike a normal example, she's rather okay with it and figures she'd just catch the commander in a similar state herself.
- Rare Random Drop: Is rather infamous for how rare she is despite being a Rare/Uncommon/Blue rarity shipgirl to the point where it's very common for someone to farm the stages with her during "Winter's Crown" and have no luck. In the japanese, chinese, and global versions, she is obtainable from the core shop if you'd rather part with 1000 data than try your luck grinding.
Voiced by: Yuko Sanpei
- ID: No. 328Rarity: RareArtist:"Ugh...! My eye is throbbing again... So you're the Boss, huh? The name's Jamaica. All is in the name of Justice..."
- Badass Biker: Her Dark Bolt skin depicts her as this on a bike rigging based on a Yamaha bike. Then she gets a 2nd biker skin, this time a collaboration with Yamaha, which was inspired by the original skin which used a Yamaha bike as its basis.
- Chained by Fashion: Wears chains on her left arm. Since she asks the Commander if they are covering her left eye, they're probably just for aesthetic.
- Chuunibyou: She's the Evil Eye subtrope, complete with capitalizing her left Eye. The Commander actually calls her on it, telling her to "stop posing on the veranda". Oddly enough, despite her focus on her left eye, there really is something up with her right eye, since lightning will shoot out of it in her idle animation. She's nowhere near as bad as York, however.
- For Great Justice: All over the place, starting with her introduction line.
- Hidden Depths: Built her motorcycle, Dark Bolt, by herself, using parts she scavenged from Akashi's shop.
- Historical In-Joke: Mentions that, after Operation Tungsten, she was present for "the subsequent civil war". This references her taking part in the Korean War, providing fire support and sinking a few North Korean ships.
- Shout-Out: Several of her lines are Jojo quotes.
Voiced by: Hitomi Ohwada
- ID: No. 393Rarity: Super RareArtist:"I am Swiftsure, a light cruiser of the Royal Navy... If it is not too much for one such as myself to ask, I would like to support your fleet in whatever way I can."
- Anti-Air: A major focus of her kit, and in Jpan and China, she was released right before the release of World 13, a plane heavy world.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Isn't aware of her looks with her rather eye-catching swimsuit being Fiji's idea.
- Ms. Fanservice: Takes a route somewhat similar to Dido's (if less extreme), having a very shapely body that is shown off especially in her skins and having severe self-esteem issues that lead her to constantly doubt herself, her abilities and even her body, with a good example being her Lunar New Year skin introduction, where she is wearing a form-fitting white dress and in a pose that shows off both her ample hips and chest, but is clearly surprised the Commander calls her gorgeous, instead deciding the Commander is just lying to make her feel better.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Much like Essex, her debut was overshadowed by something every eyecatching, in this case, Sirius' Live 2d swimsuit.
- Support Party Member: her kit is mainly focused on anti-air and boosting her frontline's performance.
- Younger than They Look: She launched very late in the war, basically making the bulk of the Royal Navy her seniors
Voiced by: Mikako Izawa
- ID: Plan 001Rarity: PriorityArtist: Kaede Yumesaki"Me? I am Neptune, a Royal Navy large cruiser. (Giggle) I'll make sure that you'll never forget me♪ I'm pleased to be of service♪"
- Armor-Piercing Attack: She does bonus damage with AP shots, reflecting the fact that in World of Warships, British Light cruisers have high-performance AP shells (and lacking HE shells altogether). Her Fate simulation makes the boost even stronger.
- The Baroness: Like Ajax, she has a heavy shade of this. Overlaps with Smug Super as she's aware of her superior ability.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Only for EN server, but she first appeared there as the [headnod] emote.
- Gender-Blender Name: Named for a male Roman god.
- Insistent Terminology: Neptune would like to inform you that she's not a maid. She's a waitress!
- Last Chance Hit Point: Once per battle if her HP gets low enough, she gets healed 15% of her HP. In addition, she Turns Red.
- Name's the Same: Same as Neptune from Neptunia, since they're both named after the Roman god of the sea, although in case of HDN Neptune it's more roundabout since she's named after the planet Neptune, which is named after the god. The game community tends to refer to her as "Headnod" due to her in-game chat emote, and to differentiate her from the other Neptune.
- Prongs of Poseidon: She carries a trident. This is because her namesake is basically Roman version of Poseidon.
- Shout-Out: 2 of her skills are Shout-Out to World of Warships, namely: "MKV-class AP Shell" is to British cruisers' enhanced AP performance note , and "Goddess of the Sea" is to her "Repair Party" consumable, although hers functions like Phoenix's skill rather than like Monarch's, whose skill functions more similarly to her World of Warships counterpart.
- Super Prototype: She's designed as successor to the 1943 Minotaur/Swiftsure-class, reversing the trend for cheaper ships that has been going on in the Royal Navy, instead the designers went for improved Belfast with 12 6-inch dual purpose guns. The only reason she wasn't built was because the war ended, and the design team shifted focus to the 1947 Minotaur-class.
- Turns Red: If her HP falls below 20%, she gains a reload boost.
- Unknown Rival: Being basically an improved Belfast, Neptune is always eager to compete with the head maid in order to prove her superiority. Belfast doesn't seem really interested, however.
Heavy Cruisers (CA)
- Com Mons: The blue rarity ships of this class are very common in both Heavy and to a lesser degree, special construction pools, and with how most event pools are based on one of the two, expect to see them often.
- Glass Cannon: Generally tends to be how the Kent and London subclasses play - they're Heavy Cruisers with light armor, so they not only take a crapload of damage from most shots, their evasion is bottom-barrel for the most part (barring lv110-120). Most of them make up for it by having skills that allow them to do stupid amounts of damage for their rarity (with post-retrofit Suffolk really taking the crown), but London suffers from this harder than others due to her skillset (until her refit where she becomes tankier and much more damaging). The light armor is part of a Historical In-Joke on the ships' age/treaty obeying, particularly compared to other nations.
- Moveset Clone: Ultimately subverted. The Rare County-class trio of Kent, Suffolk, and Shropshire have almost identical stats* and skills (Suffolk pre-retrofit has only Double Gun like Shropshire does, while Kent distinguishes herself with Assault Order instead). But since Suffolk has a retrofit that gives her a third skill, it basically means that Shropshire's left in the dust as a pre-retrofit Suffolk moveset clone, and Kent's still relatively unique.
- Meido: Their motif appears to be waitress or hostess club-themed maids, though on retrofit, Suffolk's outfit becomes more that of a real maid's. They are, however, still part of the Royal Maids, being present during Sirius' quest line while the rest of the maids are teaching Sirius, cleaning under Sheffield's supervision in Sheffield's quest line, and being shown as part of them in Queen's Orders. Strangely enough, Minato Aqua's special line, which triggers with all other RN maids, doesn't include Kent in the requirement.
Voiced by: Hisako Kanemoto (Japanese), Jessica Cavanagh (English)
- ID: No. 121Rarity: RareArtist: Kaede Yumesaki"Hey! Commander, I'm Kent! How have you been lately? Whether good or bad, since Kent is here it's going to be all right!"
- Com Mons: "HEY SHIKIKAN" will haunt your limited build gacha rolls. This is a result of most limited gachas being based on either the heavy or special pools, both of which contain heavy cruisers and have relatively few rare (blue-rarity) ships, so when you roll a blue, there are pretty good odds that it's Kent, Suffolk, Norfolk, or Shropshire.
- Hidden Depths: She's actually a competent if spirited secretary, able to fix buttons (due to Suffolk having issues with hers), and does her "Contestant Kent" thing in part to raise everyone's spirits.
- Historical In-Joke: The fact the actual HMS Kent transported a Tiger to a zoo is referenced in both a line and in her character quest (where she has a rather realistic stuffed one).
- Passionate Sports Girl: She often refers to herself as "Contestant Kent" and most of her lines have something to do with athletics.
- Vapor Wear: Does not seem to wear anything under her shirt. It's a nod to her thin armoring scheme.
Voiced by: Akari Uehara (Japanese), Sarah Roach (English)
- ID: No. 122Rarity: RareArtist: Kaede Yumesaki"Where am I...? Ahh, excuse me! Do you kno... Oh! You're the commander? This is great! I'm Suffolk, I finally found you!"
- Animal Motifs: The sheep.
- Animation Bump: One of the few ships that has multiple expressions when not in chibi form, and she has a fair number as well. She's notable as she has this before it became commonplace in newer ships, and even gets shown off in the intro.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: She often gets distracted watching the sky.
- Fanservice Pack: Her retrofit at least emphasizes her curves a great deal more if not increase them.
- Glass Cannon: The queen of it among her sisters. All three of her skills are focused on offense and her retrofit further skyrockets her offense for her rarity, but her decent HP is offset by only light armor and classically low heavy cruiser evasion.
- More Dakka: Her "Double Gun" skill adds another salvo when triggered. It's a skill commonly found on Eagle Union heavy cruisers.
- The Slacker: Sirius' sub story has her revealing some tendency of slacking, offering lessons on slacking and avoiding work to Sirius.Further shown in her brief apperance in the Operation Siren storyline, where the only reason she's fighting hard is so she can go back to slacking in the port.
Voiced by: Naomi Mukaiyama (Japanese), Caitlin Glass (English), Desireé González (Latin American Spanish)
- ID: No. 119Rarity: EliteArtist: Shi-Chen"First ship of the London class, London. Member of the First Cruising Fleet, while also having took part in battles of North Atlantic and Pacific missions. If there's a mission, rest assured and let me handle it!"
- Achilles' Heel:
- Her armor. Her skill design means she wants to be a supportive unit and is mostly there to buff the firepower of her fellows. However, unlike many other ships with similar aura effects... she remains a Heavy Cruiser with light armor. This means that not only does she take a ton of damage when hit with anything that isn't an AP shell, but her evasion is largely crap. And unlike her sisters, pre-refit she doesn't have Glass Cannon gameplay to make up for it. As a result, she's inferior to someone like, say, Leipzig (who has a similar aura skill that needs a bit more investment to be really worthwhile, but also possesses three times London's evasion while having equivalent HP). Once you refit her, she does gain enough HP to not suffer from this quite so badly (and gains enough offense to justify Glass Cannon status).
- Art Evolution: Her refit shows how the artist has come.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: As of launch, the English version of the game officially translates her as a member of the "First Cruising Fleet", rather than the actual historical name of the unit, "1st Cruiser Squadron".
- Breakout Character: Her somewhat unexpected retrofit made her much more popular among fan community.note As a result, when the Crosswave support unit DLC was announced... guess who was right there in retrofit form◊, alongside basically a who's-who of some of the most popular ships in the entire game?
- Fanservice Pack: Her refit has her being more fashionable with her curves more clearly emphasized.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible sibling to Shropshire, but not so much according to Sussex, whom she's the foolish sibling to.
- Historical In-Joke: One of her secretary lines has her ask the Commander if they know where Amethyst is, stating that she can't find her anywhere. This is a reference to the Yangtze Incident, during which HMS Amethyst was attacked by PLA forces and ran aground. HMS London was involved in a failed attempt to rescue the Amethystnote
- Hotter and Sexier: Her refit art has more emphasis on her curves and is generally more stylish.
- Nice Girl: Noted for being kind, sometimes too much (in Sussex's opinion).
- Square Race, Round Class: Post refit she's able to trade out her torpedoes for a secondary destroyer gun (as seen with most Eagle Union cruisers among a few others), but the big thing is it retains the torpedoes equip slot's 160% efficiency rating. This is notable as most other frontline ships with such secondaries only have efficiencies of 50-60%. This results in a very noticeable boost in her DPS. The main tradeoff is that she doesn't get Main Gun Battery+1 like other gunboats... which simply has the effect of avoiding making her completely overpowered. Her 160% secondaries ensure she can keep pace with even the best Eagle gunboats.
- Support Party Member: She buffs the firepower of the front line. Notable is that she can buff all the vanguard ships regardless of their class, which makes her rather easy to slot in to a lot of setups.
Voiced by: Hikaru Aono
- ID: No. 337Rarity: RareArtist: ALLENES"Are you the Commander? Hmph, I'll be up front with the ugly words first, I'm not easily swayed like my big sister. I, Sussex, am very strict!"
- Big Sister Worship: While she may criticize London's kindness, she does look up to her and seeks to make things easier for her.
- Cool Board: In her swimsuit skin, her rigging is a surfboard.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible sibling to Shropshire, and, to a lesser degree, towards London.
- Nice Girl: Downplayed. While she is strict at times, she only does it because she wants to help others improve or to reduce the stress on her big sister. She's never overly critical or unfair, she's completely willing to compliment the commander on a job well done without any hesitation, she takes the blame if the fleet she's in is defeated, and she cares about the well being of the fleet.
- Tsundere: Has a few undertones of this in her secretary and introduction lines, and with her blonde hair, she fits the classic look too, especially in her two skins, though this is subverted in her love lines, where she mostly focuses on London.
Voiced by: Ibuki Kido
- ID: No. 120Rarity: RareArtist: Shi-Chen"London class' youngest, Shropshire, reporting for duty~ I've been told that I am air-headed and gullible, so I'll be giving you some problems~ Well then, my time awaits~"
- Attention Whore: Her biography somewhat implies this, mentioning how giving her a little bit of attention will earn big points with her, but several of her quotes avert this, telling the commander that they should pay attention to a returning commission team, or that they should praise the others as well.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Invokes this to make herself look cuter, and even comments on the idea.
- The Fake Cutie: All but admits that much "cute" behaviour is something she purposefully puts on.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish to both of her sisters, being more focused on flirting and pretending to be an airhead than working hard or helping the commander.
- Shout-Out: Her quote for when she uses a skill is "Ganbara Knight", which is a Yugioh card
- The Tease: She flirts quite openly with the Commander, and in almost every single line she has, but is quite upset in her "Special Touch" quote.
Voiced by: Hiromi Sakuma (Japanese), Rachel Thompson (English), Marysol Lobo (Latin American Spanish)
- ID: No. 123Rarity: RareArtist: Yumesaki Kaede"H-hello, Commander... I'm... Norfolk... Um... Uh... It's a pleasure to meet you..."
- Historical In-Joke: Her clothing seems to be more suited for cold weather, with a hood and a caplet, referencing the fact that she primarily saw service in the North Atlantic, in the North Sea, and near the Arctic.
- In the Hood: Her red hood is one of the most obvious things about her.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Her Forward Armor skill releases a shield that blocks a certain number of hits before it wears off.
- Shrinking Violet: Above quote sums it up well. Why exactly she's depicted as this is unknown, considering the ship actually did a fair number of important things, including directly engaging and scoring hits on the battleship Scharnhorst (and receiving hits in return), acting as a flagship on two different occasions, providing escort for the difficult Arctic convoys, and transporting the Norwegian Royal Family back to Norway after their five-years in exile.
- Stone Wall: Unlike her Glass Cannon siblings, she's this trope with medium armor and a single unique defensive skill besides the generic All Out Assault. Notably, she has the absolute lowest Firepower and relevant Torpedo stat of all heavy cruisers, regardless of rarity (even Prinz Eugen), but the 7th-highest HP stat (3rd-highest in her rarity) of all heavy cruisers.
Voiced by: Manami Numakura
- ID: No. 124Rarity: EliteArtist: Yumesaki Kaede"Hello, I'm Norfolk's little sister, Dorsetshire~! I look more mature than my sister? Surely you jest! She's my role model!"
- Big Little Sister: She is the youngest of the County-class siblings, but looking at her, it does not seem to be the case, especially compared to Norfolk. Lampshaded by her introduction quote.
- Big Sister Worship: She adores Norfolk and always speaks highly of her, calling her a role model. While it does seem odd due to how the game depicts Norfolk, those who know the history of HMS Norfolk know that she has a fair number of achievements to her name (detailed above).
- Collection Sidequest: She's unlocked as a playable ship only after 20 total stars have been obtained from the other 5 County-class cruisers (London, Shropshire, Kent, Suffolk, Norfolk) note — a free copy is then given as a reward, and future copies can be obtained from the build menu to help with limit-breaking.
- Critical Hit Class: Her Journey's End skill increases the critical hit rate and critical damage of her torpedoes.
- Mighty Glacier: While she has the second-lowest Firepower of all heavy cruisers (barely above her sister Norfolk), she has a critical hit and damage buff for Torpedoes and the tie-highest Torpedo stat and fifth-highest HP stat among heavy cruisers, with medium armor to boot. Besides the practical difference in her Glass Cannon siblings' specialization in Firepower instead of Torpedoes, Dorsetshire is a worthy reward and thematic combination of Norfolk's tankiness and her sisters' damage.
- Chained by Fashion: They get anchor chains on retrofit.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: They wear one white and one black stocking and legging except in York's pre-retrofit form (where she wears two black stockings). Post-retrofit, they notably mirror each other — Exeter wears white on her right leg, black on her left, while York does the opposite.
- Ms. Fanservice: Downplayed compare to other examples, but both sisters (particularly their refits) are designed to be rather eye-catching with their outfits which are both exotic and call attention to their curves.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Exeter is the one who references it more often, but both are members of the Royal Family.
Voiced by: Nozomi Yamane
- ID: No. 125Rarity: EliteArtist: Mkiiiiii"If you were able to find me then you are also a user of the Force, no? I'm York, the magic-wielding York-class heavy cruiser. Let us fight against Fortune together."
- This is the main reason behind her various mannerisms and naming of otherwise normal skills (her skill being a very slight modification of her sister's skill... which is just a stardard Full Firepower offensive skill). Subverted by the fact that she does seemingly have the ability to use "magic", as does her sister.
- In her school skin, she now sports an eyepatch (in the shape of a blue rose, no less), makes dramatic hand gestures, is in a Sailor Fuku of darkness (which also strategically shows some tummy), and in her dialogue, she has a Tendency to turn Words into Proper Nouns with Capitalization so as to make them Important Terms in her Self-Narrativenote . And she also, uh, is shown telekinetically manipulating her rigging in individual pieces (and this isn't just the splash art, she does this in her dorm and deployment animations), which nobody else has been shown as able to do yet.
- Her swimsuit is also very showy in a way that a teenager who knows they're attractive would want to show off, it uses gratuitous roses and rose petals, also has gratuitous ribbon that functionally does nothing but looks cool, and she's wearing finger-nail polish of darkness!
- Eyepatch of Power: Wears one in her school skin, as part of her chuuni persona.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish one to Exeter's responsible one. She's a chuuni to such a degree that she puts Jamaica to shame, never seems to break character (or, more accurately, that's probably not a "character"), and it can actually be hard to tell what each of her secretary alerts refer to at first.
- Glass Cannon: While she doesn't have it as bad as Wichita and post-retrofit Suffolk, she has an offensive ability rather than a defensive one despite having medium armor. And her rather low luck stat will hinder attempts to tank.
- Historical In-Joke: Her biography mentions that one day she hopes to conquer the Nightmare of Suda Bay. HMS York was wrecked by Italian explosive motorboatsnote in Suda Bay, Crete.
- Large Ham: She tends to be overly dramatic.
- Shout-Out: Her design and voice lines make her out to be like a Jedi Knight (down to referencing the Force) and maybe Owain. She even does the Owain pose on retrofit.
- You Don't Look Like You:
- As is standard, York and Exeter both recieved new spash art for their retrofits, but while Mkiiiiii & Windforcelan still do the art (primarily Mk in York's case), these were done in a different style in order to bring the two girls' appearances more in-line with each other. In York's case the difference is so drastic that many players didn't recognize her at first, looking noticeably taller and more mature from her pre-retrofit art. (Now, the redesign is in line with a proposed, and somewhat NSFW, loading screen that Mk drew just prior to the game's original Chinese launch but was never taken up, showing that Mk was revising the girls' design not long after first submitting them; a couple of later art pieces (available on Mk's twitter) show that Mk greatly preferred the redesign, and so went with it even if the sudden transition was a bit jarring.)
- York's Truth Seeker◊ skin from a little later in 2019 does try, a bit, to square the two perspectives: she's got hair that's straighter and a bit more in line with her original design (though is now an even darker chestnut), and her proportions are a bit more in line with her original depiction without being quite so "noodly", while her face (her eyes in particular) and skin tone are straight from her retrofit depiction.
- Her swimsuit skin can also be rather shocking in this regard to people who only know her through her initial art; however, it is much more in keeping with all of Mkiiiiii's post-launch York art (though unlike Truth Seeker, it leans much more toward her retrofit appearance) and while her bust might seem "ample", it is in fact in keeping with her measurements in both her retrofit and Truth Seeker!
- The biggest example, though, would be when artists other than Mk draw her: this loading screen◊ from around the time of "Scherzo" caused a lot of confusion since the taller girl is meant to be York, but she's got almost black hair, her bust is wrong, she's got hair ribbons she never uses elsewhere, and she's seemingly taller than Haruna (which, in her original art especially and in Mk's other art, wouldn't quite be right). The only indications that it's York are the green eyes, the messy twintails and the asymmetry on her gloves, since everyone is in non-standard outfits, to boot. This actually led to some confusion on release of the screen since some thought it was an entirely new shipgirl being teased, since everyone else was recognizable at a glance!
Voiced by: Ai Kakuma
- ID: No. 126Rarity: EliteArtist: Mkiiiiii"I'm Exeter, the second ship of the York-class heavy cruisers. I swear on the name of the Royal Navy, that I'll be an asset to your cause!"
- Balance Buff: As mentioned below, the "Giant Hunter" skill was reworked to be more usable.
- Big Little Sister: Is very mature looking, especially compared to her sister, who could be mistaken for being as young as or younger than some destroyers. She also acts far more mature than her older sister. Downplayed with their retrofit designs bringing their looks more in line with each other, though Exeter is still more mentally mature.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible one to York's foolish. She's focussed, hard-working, has a strong sense of duty, down-to-earth, and quite sensible (to the point that she asks the commander if she should change her outfit, as her skirt's too long and keeps getting wet while at sea).
- Historical In-Joke: Several of her lines mention that she's a member of the Royal Family. The city of Exeter was firmly in Royalist hands for most of the English Civil War, and was one of the last Royalist cities to fall into Parliamentarian hands.
- She's Got Legs: Particularly post-retrofit.
- Status Buff: Her Defensive Order skill temporarily increases the entire fleet's defense. And after The Dec 22nd update, her post refit "Giant Hunter" skill increases her Evasion and Torpedo stats.
- Taking You with Me: Defied. During the second stage of the "Pursuit of Graf Spee" event, she gets critically injured and intends to ram the Graf Spee to finish them both off, but Ajax (who is commanding the operation) orders her to return to base to get repaired instead.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With Ajax during the "Pursuit of Graf Spee" event as they hunt the titular ship.
Voiced by: Shizuka Ishigami
- ID: Plan 013Rarity: PriorityArtist:"Meeeoooow! I haven't slept like that in forever! Hrm? Are you the one who woke me from my sleep? Woohoo, that makes you my owner! "Why?" Because I've totally fallen for you, duh!"
- Anti-Air: She's an Anti-air Heavy Cruiser, but she averts the usual downsides to ships focused in such as she's as much a threat to surface ships as she is to planes.
- Boobs of Steel: Well-equipped in both bustline as well as firepower.
- Cat Girl: Akashi's rival in this regard (only missing the "nya" Verbal Tic), Cheshire looks and acts very catlike in general. It is a reference to the Cheshire Cat. Her barrage even has paws in it and her English script was originally filled with catish puns not present anywhere else.
- The Ditz: It's clear from her lines that she's not the brightest sort. It may be a nod to her reputation in World of Warships as a "stupid ship".
- Love at First Sight: From her intro line, she takes a shine very fast to the commander. She has no problems with special touches beyond being surprised in her base skin.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Cat Maid Heavy Cruiser with both traits in ample showing- basically what you might get if Yamashiro and Suffolk did a fusion dance.
Voiced by: Asami Imai
- ID: Plan 014Rarity: DecisiveArtist:"So you're the Commander? Seems you've got some backbone. I'm the Royal Navy heavy cruiser, Drake, and I'll be joining your fleet. Just making sure, you will deploy me, right?"
- Archaic Weapon for an Advanced Age: Brandishes a flintlock pistol, which was long obsolete even at the time of World War II, let alone in Azur Lane's Schizo Tech setting.
- Armor-Piercing Attack: Her Flintlock Burst skill bypasses the rotating shields many enemy elites and bosses deploy.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: Her "The Golden Hind's Respite" skin puts significant emphasis on her...well, Golden Hind. So much so that it is one of the very few skins in the game whose Special Touch location is not on the shipgirl's breasts, but her butt.
- Life Drain: Heals herself for a portion of the damage dealt by her Flintlock Burst.
- Named After Somebody Famous: She is named after Francis Drake. Meanwhile, her swimsuit The Golden Hind's Respite is named after Francis Drake's ship, The Golden Hind.
- Stance System: When she is the lead vanguard ship, she immediately gains a large bonus to her Firepower, Evasion, and Reload. When she isn't the lead, she can still gain the same buffs, but she has to build it up over time via sinking enemy ships.
Voiced by: Atsuko Tanaka (Japanese), Terri Doty (English), Diana Galván (Latin American Spanish)
- ID: No. 129Rarity: Super RareArtist: SA (Launch - 2018(?)) Hao (Present)"Are you the commander? Greetings and well met. I'm the glory of the Royal Navy: Hood. Wherever I go, victory follows."
- Artistic License Military: She is able to equip secondary guns. While HMS Hood was initially equipped with twelve single gun turrets as a secondary armament, by 1940 they had all been removed and replaced with additional AA weaponry (4 of her 6 torpedo tubes were also removed). The Azur Lane Hood depicts her as she was in 1940, primarily as she was during the Battle of the Denmark Strait, and her high AA stat reflects this. While she was due to be modernized in 1941, and the plans would have added eight twin gun turrets as a secondary armament note , this was never started due to the outbreak of the Second World War. As well, she doesn't have an ability to launch torpedoes, despite a number of other backline ships that had torpedo tubes in real life being able to do so.
- Covert Pervert:
- She's responsible for Cygnet's skimpy summer and winter outfits, in 'Slow Ahead' tries to get her into a bunnygirl outfit, and in a number of her own skins, wears clothing far more revealing than what one would expect of a refined lady like her.
- Also implied by her crush quote, where she gets very close to the commander, and remarks that a lady must seize the initiative towards the targets of their affection.
- However, she has limits: She's unamused if you touch her chest, telling the commander that they should understand the consequences of disrespecting a lady. Echo's line for the same situation has her say that Hood told her to never let anyone touch her there. This is averted in her oath skin, in which she tells the Commander to... be patient. note
- Depending on the Artist: Whether she's flat-chested in her base outfit varies depending on the source. SA's base outfit artwork, Queen's Orders, and some other official artwork in game and on the official Twitter portray her as flat, but the anime, 'Slow Ahead', and her 3D model in Crosswave shows her as having the same bust-size as she does in her swimsuit and wedding dress in-game. Said base outfit is based on Edwardian fashion, so that may explain some of the inconsistency: Women often wore corsets to flatten their busts for fashion, and combined with her heavy coat her very visible bustline that's in her other, modern outfits may simply be hidden.
- Drink-Based Characterization: Offers the Commander tea when they log in and when they return to port, and mentions that a great commander must have an in-depth knowledge of tea. Part of Grenville's training under her is learning how to make tea.
- English Rose: She's practically the personification of English genteel elegance and grace within the Royal Navy.
- Hidden Buxom: Her swimsuit and wedding dress reveal a bustline that her default outfit doesn't even hint at in some depictions (including the original game).
- Hidden Depths:
- Despite her calm and proper demeanor, her dying thoughts in Scherzo of Iron and Blood imply that she was extremely burdened by being the Pride of the Royal Navy, thinking "May I finally be able to put down this crown of thorns".
- During Iris of Light and Dark, she talks about how the shipgirls, while sentient beings with emotions and freewill, were designed to be weapons that followed orders given by their commanders, and how what they are doing (turning their guns on their former allies) would be so much easier if they were all merely weapons. While she has never been shown to be a shallow or unintelligent person, she's one of the few shown to actually think about how they are treated and viewed by those in charge.
- Going along with the previous two examples is her saying to Bismarck that they used to be allies and wondering why Ironblood would betray them after Bismarck sinks her in the tutorial. It seems that the war really hit her hard.
- Historical In-Joke:
- Her failing sight is a reference to mistaking Prinz Eugen for Bismarck in the Battle of Denmark Strait.
- If deployed with Renown, she will tell her to not get distracted, a reference to an incident where Renown accidentally struck one of Hood's propellers.
- The blue badge on her caplet is the ship badge of HMS Hood.
- Lady of War: Is extremely elegant, proper, polite, and quite capable of defeating targets in a single volley, if you get a bit lucky with her skill. Even her swimsuit skin does nothing to diminish this.
- Ma'am Shock: Judging by the fact that Abercrombie goes running to Wales right afterwards, talking about how intimidating Hood is, she does not appreciate the monitor referring to her as "Auntie Hood". Queen's Orders shows this to be a fact, as her response to Abercrombie calling her "Auntie" there is to tell her to never call her that again. However, it's also shown that the main reason Abercrombie tends to run from her is that Hood is usually responsible for cleaning up whatever mess Abercrombie's latest prank or scheme has caused. She's also annoyed when Abercrombie calls her Granny Hood in the English version.
- Major Injury Underreaction: If her HP gets too low, she will remark that even she is slightly angered.
- Motherly Side Plait: She has this on the her right side, however, she only has it tied up in her beach skin, letting it simply hang loosely in her other two. Fittingly, she has a somewhat motherly demeanour when it comes to the rest of the Royal Navy, and she dies in the prologue/tutorial, which takes place several months before the main story kicks offnote .
- My Greatest Failure: Failing to get the Vichya Fleet at Mers-el-Kebir to join Azur Lane, and having to sink them. While most of her dying thoughts are of her friends and colleagues, she also hopes that Dunkerque will understand why they had to sink her.
- Regal Ringlets: Combines this with her Motherly Side Plait. Her side plait is also a loose ringlet, which is even more visible in her Beach and Wedding skins. It fits her upper-class, elegant demeanour.
- Rousing Speech: Gives a rather fine one in the middle of Chapter 5 of Operation Siren.
- Sacrificial Lion: Considered one of the best battlecruisers in the world at the time* and the Pride of the Royal Navy. To say that her sudden and quick loss to Bismarck was demoralizing was an understatement, although this was also used by Churchill as a catalyst to rally the rest of the fleet in hunting the Bismarck.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Downplayed, but she appears to be this to Abercrombie in Queen's Orders, often appearing to deal with the aftermath of the monitor's antics.
- Stone Wall: Especially compared to fellow super-rare battlecruiser Amagi, Hood is badly lacking in the offensive department. She has the fourth-lowest level 120 firepower among all battleships and battlecruisers (only Mikasa, Gangut, and Conte di Cavour are lower, but Mikasa and Gangut have other gimmicks to help them outnote and Conte de Cavour is two rarities lower)... however, Hood has one the highest hitpoint totals in the game by far (a staggering 7677 at level 100 - only Friedrich der Große beats her at level 100 and only Friedrich der Große, Bismarck, and Izumo surpass her hitpoints at level 120 - notably, two of these are research ships, which tend to have a leg up on normal ships) and the best anti-air of any main fleet ship that isn't a post-Standard USN battleship or retrofitted Ise and Hyuuga. That said, if you max out her skill and she gets a bit lucky with the pattern, the additional barrage effect of it can still allow her to dish out some pain (and buff the other backline ships), but if the RNG is cruel, you'll really notice the difference.
- Support Party Member: While her skill will help her damage a good deal (her Firepower score is the fourth-lowest of any BB/BC in the game, discounting monitors), her skill's real claim to fame is the 40% increase in Reload it grants for eight seconds, vastly accelerating your main fleet's attack speed. Pair her with someone like Warspite and watch the enemy melt.
- A Taste of Power: She is playable for a short time in the tutorial.
- Utility Party Member: Her Glory of the Royal Navy skill lets her fire a special barrage and grants the backline a massive reload buff for 8 seconds, allowing them to fire their guns and activate their skills faster.
- The Worf Effect: She gets taken out in with a single hit by Bismarck in the tutorial. Justified, as this actually happened in the historical Battle of Denmark Strait. note
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Wears the Union Jack as a capelet.
- Younger than They Look: Downplayed. While she is fairly old compared to many other kansen, Hood is actually the youngest of the Royal Navy battlecruisers, having been laid down the same year that the Renown-class ships were completed and commissioned, and only being completed in 1920, making her younger than the Queen Elizbeth-class, Hermes, Courageous, the Erebus-class, and a number of cruisers. Despite this, she's portrayed as something of a Team Mom, and is shown as being more mature mentally (and, in most cases, physically) than a fair number of the older Royal Navy ships, and is called Granny by Abercrombie.
- You Don't Look Like You: At some point after the release of her swimsuit skin, Hood's original artist seemingly dropped off the face of the Earth. During the third anniversary livestream there there was a piece of artwork of Hood shown where she is now drawn by Hao, artist of the Yorktown, Bismarck, and Cleveland families as well as Akagi and Kaga (who is also getting a skin in the same upcoming collaboration)
- Bare Your Midriff: Both wear midriff baring outfits.
- Crutch Character: The Renown-class ships are actually pretty decent when you first acquire themnote , but easily fall behind once players obtain other battlecruisers such as Hood note or actual battleships such as Warspite note and the Nelson-class shipsnote . Repulse gets it especially bad, since she's got the second-lowest HP of any non-monitor battleship-type unit and the third-lowest Firepower (with the two below her, Hood and Mikasa, having gimmicks that make their low FP stat not as big a deal) meaning that even with good Counterattack procs, other BBs and BCs quickly begin to outpace her.
- Cool Sword: Both of them carry swords with them.
- Off Screen Moment Of Awesome: In a mock exercise during Repulse's secretary quest, a fleet spearheaded by the Renown sisters (and trained particularly by Repulse) is reported to absolutely stomp an opposing fleet headed up by the higher rarity sibling duo of Atago & Takao.
- Older than They Look: As is fairly often the case with BBs and BCs, both of them have the look of young women but were fairly old for warships by the time of World War II, as they both entered service in World War I, a few months after Jutland. Especially odd is that they are consistently shown as the younger battlecruisers in comparison to Hood, despite both being completed and commissioned in 1916, the year Hood was laid down(she wasn't completed until 1918, and wasn't commissioned until 1920). It's a bit less pronounced with Renown, at least, who acts like an Officer and a Gentlewoman (if one who's as dense as a rock romantically), but Repulse usually comes across as more like a hyperactive teenager than anything.
Voiced by: Ai Kayano (-2022), Ayako Kawasumi (2022-)
- ID: No. 127Rarity: EliteArtist: SA"I'm Renown, the Renown-class battlecruiser of the Royal Navy. Give me your orders! Wherever you point your sword is where I will aim my cannons, Commander!"
- Braids of Action: She has this in the back, which is barely visible.
- Charged Attack: Her Final Glory skill increases the damage of her next volley after firing her main gun.
- The Ditz: Downplayed, but it takes a special sort of person to not know what a love letter is, and somehow mistake it for a) someone being in love with a letter (English), b) someone writing a book with a piano (Chinese), or c), someone talking about a variant of an obscure North African woodwind instrument (Japanese). She also takes a moment to remember that she is Renown during one of her secretary lines, after the Commander says she is cute.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible sibling to Repulse, despite being a total Ditz.
- Love at First Sight: The commander falls for this with Renown. Getting her affection up is about trying to get Renown to realize you're in love with her, until it finally clicks during her pledge!
- Oblivious to Love: In her Crush line, she's confused by the commander lighting a series of candles shaped into a heart on the beach, and drives them to tears by pointing out that the wind would blow them out. She doesn't even get it in her Love line — the commander has to pledge to her before she finally puts two and two together.
- Even before that, she reveals that she has no idea what a love letter is, thinking that it literally refers to someone being in love with a letter.In other languages
- Prim and Proper Bun: Contrasts with Repulse's Tomboyish Ponytail.
Voiced by: Koharu Nogata
- ID: No. 128Rarity: RareArtist: SA"I'm Repulse, the Renown-class battlecruiser. I participated in the pursuit of Bismarck, but could not catch her. From that time on, I was a member of Force Z I don't want to see a torpedo ever again "
- Artistic License History: The HMS Repulse was in fact the first among the current AL roster of Royal Navy Battlecruisers to be completed to satisfaction for wartime deployment and was the only one to see combat during the first World War. Thereby, Repulse should technically be considered the oldest. In-game however, she is always regarded as the younger sister to both Renown and Hood.
- Counter-Attack: Her Z's Counterattack skill increases her own reload rate whenever she gets hit, allowing her to fire her guns more quickly while being attacked.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish sibling to Renown, though she's generally less of a ditz than her sister.
- Genki Girl: She is always excitable and enthusiastic.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Repulse's inner thoughts during a late entry in her secretary quest line reveal that she had been attempting to remove herself from a percieved Sibling Triangle with the commander in favor of her sister, Renown. The final entry of the quest line ultimately subverts this when the commander reveals that this perception was incorrect. Repulse's behavior then seemingly shifts toward pushing for...
- Polyamory: Her final act in her secretary quest line after cementing her place at the commander's side seems to outright encourage Renown to share the commander with her. The commander notes that Renown being Renown, Repulse's insinuation probably went over her head.
- Starter Mon: She is usually the first battlecruiser obtained by the player courtesy of a very early quest reward.
- Tomboy: In contrast to most British battleships, she completely lacks elegance, even moreso than Warspite. She also speaks in a rather casual manner.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Hard to see, but she has a ponytail.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Torpedoes, in reference to her ultimate fate at the Naval Battle of Malaya.
- Boring, but Practical: They lack the ability to do a three volley normal attack like most battleships and battlecruisers (they can only do two volleys) and lack the extra-high main gun efficiency rating of the few that do share this drawback, the armor of battleships or even battlecruisers and carriers (monitors are the only main fleet combatants with 'light' armor), or the hit point pools of other main fleet units (most battleships and battlecruisers have twice their health). However, they're extremely practical for farming fleets due to their effective barrage and low oil consumption.
- Crippling Overspecialization: In this case, wholly intentional in design. They have all of the issues above - volley size, light armor, sub-Heavy Cruiser HP, et cetera - but among ships with a "volley after set time" skill, theirs takes the cake in that it is absolutely, unquestionably, able to clear an even-level wave when it goes off, and is so big it will often continue into the next wave. There is a further limitation, though - the spread pattern is such that the volley needs to be fired from the center of your formation for maximum effectiveness, meaning you need to make these fragile girls your flagship in order to get the most out of them... meaning further that, if they get taken down, it's an automatic defeat.
- Glass Cannon: They have most of the firepower of Battleships but they are rather fragile with low hitpoints and are the only main fleet ships (along with the Roberts-class monitors) with 'light' armor. This is to balance their low fuel cost and completely bonkers volley skill.
- More Dakka: Their Infinite Darkness skill lets them fire a heavy barrage of bullets within a straight line.
- Moveset Clone: Erebus and Terror have almost identical stats, weapon efficiencies, and skills. The one mechanical difference is their Luck Stats — Erebus has an incredibly high 91, while Terror has an incredibly low 19 as part of a Historical In-Joke that one was sunk while the other survived, with their luck stats being exact opposites of each other.
- Older than They Look: Erebus is an Elegant Gothic Lolita and Terror is basically a "lolita Frankenstein", so they both look like little girls. Both ships/girls were commissioned during World War One and are some of the absolute oldest ships on the roster. You have to start discussing things like Langley's early life as a collier to get to ships older than them.
Voiced by: Saya Horigome
- ID: No. 149Rarity: EliteArtist: Saru"It was you, was it not, Commander? I am Erebus I came to answer your call from a dark world far, far away."
- Art Evolution: Her Halloween skin released in 2019 has noticeably toned down eye size and such, surprising those who were used to her base skin which is rather typical of her artist Saru.
- Cool Big Sis: She makes it clear that she cares a lot about her little sister.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: She has this outfit by default, and her unique outfit has a black dress with even more frills.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Acts as this to her sister, mentioning that she's helpless without her, and that she's been taking care of her since they were born. It's zigzagged, however, in that Erebus also admits that she's become just as dependant on Terror as Terror is on her, saying that's she'd be just as helpless without Terror, and that she's terrified by the idea of becoming used to being alone. Tragically, the real HMS Erebus did end up alone, surviving the war while her sister ship was scuttled after being bombed in 1941.
- Psychopomp: Her examination line has her state:
Voiced by: Maia
- ID: No. 150Rarity: EliteArtist: Saru"I'm the Monitor ship... Terror. Abercrombie won't stand against me and my sister. We spent a lot of time in the Dardanelles strait. If you want naval gunfire support aimed at land... I could do that with my eyes closed..."
- Hellish Pupils: Her eyes look like Vampire's.
- Historical In-Joke: In her case, it's her Frankenstein-like appearance. Terror was, by WW2, an old vessel and had undergone several extremely radical overhauls and refits, the first from early in her career during WW1. By the time of Operation Compass, barely anything remained of the ship that launched in 1916, and a lot of her parts were falling to bits regardless - her turret infamously wore out its rifling mid-campaignnote , relegating her to purely anti-air duty.
- Shrinking Violet: Often stutters and pauses during her lines, mentions being scared, and is nervous every time she goes into a battle.
- Third-Person Person: Usually refers to herself as "Terror" rather than "I".
Voiced by: Juri Nagatsuma
- ID: No. 336Rarity: EliteArtist: tsliuyixin"I'm the monitor Abercrombie, along with my sister we've completed many land support missions in the Mediterranean. Hehe~ As I thought, bombarding stationary targets is a lot more fun~ "
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Manages to be one to Roberts despite Roberts not actually being in any version of the game yet. She steals her crisps, gives them to the commander, then calls Roberts over, claiming that the Commander stole them.
- Bratty Half-Pint: She puts habanero in Nelson's curry, hides your mail and refuses to give it back unless you give her treats, randomly fires off shots out of boredom, gives you crisps, then reveals she stole them from Roberts by telling Roberts you stole them, and calls Hood "Auntie"(She also calls her Granny in the English version). She also outright hits you with her Mark I in her upset linenote .
- In Queen's Orders, she manages to usurp Queen Elizabeth as secretary by getting other Royal ships to agree to sign a petition, and gets them to do so by promising them things she can't deliver on (mostly dates with the Commander).
- Crocodile Tears: Uses these in Queen's Orders to trick Warspite into signing a petition that would have her replace Queen Elizabeth as the secretary ship, lying about wanting to do it so that Queen Elizabeth wouldn't be so overworked.
- The Ghost: Not her, but her sister Roberts. While many ships will sometimes reference other ships in their class that haven't been added to the game, Abercrombie is somewhat unique in that some of her lines state Roberts is actually present at the naval base, despite her not having been added to any version of the game as of yet.
- Gun Nut: Absolutely loves shooting things with her Mark I, to the point where most of her lines reference it (and most of the other ones are her being a brat), randomly shoots it when she's bored, collects shells as a hobby, and refers to her Mark I as her most prized possession. Her love line even has her wondering why the Commander and the Mark I can't be one.
- A Day in the Limelight: One of the most prominent licensed side products for the game, the manga Azur Lane: Queen's Orders, features Elizabeth and Warspite, and the various (mis)adventures they get into trying to run the Azur Lane base while the Commander recovers from overwork.
- The Ghost: Like a few other classes, some of the other vessels are spoken of and even addressed, but were not implemented at the time of addressing. The most obvious example is during "Empyreal Tragicomedy", where Warspite addresses Barham and Valiant... and neither of them appear on camera, as neither were implemented at the time of the event's release.
- Lady and Knight: Warspite is the knight to Queen Elizabeth's lady, swearing fealty as a knight of the Royal Navy at the beginning of Queen's Orders.
- Older than They Look: They are among the oldest ships in the game, despite looking younger than several destroyers, and Warspite calls most other British battleships her juniors.
- Platonic Life-Partners: Both Queen's Orders and their ship lines suggest that Elizabeth and Warspite are nearly inseperable. (This is a bit ironic since they actually didn't fight together very often in real life.) It's notable in that ships of the same class or sub-class are usually portrayed as sisters, but Warspite states in Queen's Orders that they are old classmates rather than sisters, and Queen Elizabeth refers to her as an old schoolmate.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Elizabeth and Valiant. Liz even has a special line for when they are sortied together.
- The Queen orders you to move! THAT ... INCLUDES ... YOU!
- Stealth Pun: In Queen's Orders, Queen Elizabeth states that the pair are old schoolmates, and Warspite says they were classmates.
- You Don't Look Like You:
- Surprisingly defied - despite another artist (Kaede) taking over their art in late 2018, he manages to reproduce the original style well enough to seem like the original artist came back. Only a sharp eye would notice certain quirks of Kaede's style in Warspite's refit art or Elizabeth's "Queen's Ball" skin.
- However, Elizabeth then goes... another direction with this. See her entry for details.
Queen Elizabeth (00)
Voiced by: Sumire Uesaka (Japanese), Sara Ragsdale (English), Dafne Gallardo (Latin American Spanish)
- ID: No. 130Rarity: EliteArtist: MD (original), Yumesaki Kaede (late 2018-present)"Are you the commander? You'd still need another 100,000 years to command me! But I will give you a chance anyway... From this day on, you will be one of my loyal servants!"
- A-Cup Angst: She most definitely is not happy about her small chest, and especially not when someone else brings it up. Best seen in Queen's Orders note , during the Dead or Alive collaboration event, or when Lutzow is curious why the leader of the Royal Navy faction is not taller and has more "armor" around her chest area. Even her assertion that being petite is a "royal characteristic" comes across as a half-hearted justification.
- Queen Elizabeth (in Queen's Orders): Someone explain to me why how each and every last one of my Royal Navy ships is so absurdly stacked!?
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Once you raise her affection stat enough, she starts behaving like this.
- Cute Little Fang: More obvious on the loading screen.
- Idol Singer: She isn't one, but in Queen's Orders she shows that she has the talents to become one if she wants to, where she manages to put up an impressive show with Saratoga with just a single night's practice, and she's not exactly constantly trained her singing and dancing skills unlike the other Idol Singer shipgirls.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: According to Slow Ahead, being a Royal Lonely Rich Kid, she has problems making friends.
- The Napoleon: She is short, and a rather tyrannical Tsundere.
- Royal "We": Occasionally lapses into this, but inconsistently.Please do not touch our noble body so casually.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something:
- According to both her lines and the lines of other ships, she is quite literally a queen. Despite her rather... childish and somewhat high-and-mighty attitude, other ships from Royal Navy hold her in a very high esteem, suggesting that she does command respect to a certain degree. In battle, her presence will buff other Royal Navy ships considerably, further suggesting she is a good queen at heart, and others can overlook her somewhat minor flaws, not just mandatory respect towards higher-ups.
- This plays a more prominent role during Operation Siren where it's shown that she has significant political power, enough to directly influence Naval HQ decisions while also acting on the frontline during the story events of Operation Siren.
- Tsundere: Very much one of these, and it gets lampshaded by Prinz Eugen if Queen Elizabeth is sortied together with her.
- Utility Party Member: Her main skill increases the overall effectiveness of all Royal Navy ships in the party.note Her aura also does stack with other, similar skills like Tactical Command. For this reason, she is the main piece of a full Royal Navy fleet (i.e. a party consisting only of Royal Navy ships). The only downside is that her own individual stats are rather middling.
- You Are in Command Now: In Queen's Orders she became the de facto commander of the base after the Commander is put on medical leave. Officially she's still just a secretary ship.
- You Don't Look Like You: In what almost seems to be an in-joke, the Manjuu art directors have taken the artist shift Liz underwent and essentially run with it in the newer skins she started to get in 2019 and 2020. In almost every skin after her formalwear one, she actually has notable, if sometimes subtle, design differences compared to any other given skin. Her school uniform outfit is even done by a separate artist again, as it was released as a promo for Queen's Orders and was drawn by Tsuchii! (Even its chibi sprite is completely different from any other Liz.) With the others, it largely comes down to differences in how prominent her Tsurime Eyes are (and the eyelashes in general), the curliness of her hair, the exact styling (and even exact color) of her hair and especially her bangs, and the design of her scepter and crown (and whether those elements are even present).
Voiced by: Sumire Uesaka (Japanese), Jill Harris (English), Ileana Escalante (Latin American Spanish)
- ID: No. 131Rarity: Super RareArtist: MD (original), Kaede Yumesaki (late 2018-present)"Pleased to meet you, I am Warspite. I hold the record for the longest range gunnery hit on a moving target Are you surprised? I'm smaller than you thought? It seems that you and me have a lot to talk about "
- The Ace: One of the most decorated Royal Navy warships in history, and she's got both the level-headed attitude and stats to go with it - she has the highest Firepower stat of any ship in the game outside of Research crossover ships (and her retrofit keeps her competitive with even them).
- A-Cup Angst: She is a little disappointed in her lack of elegance compared to other British battleships despite being one of the oldest ships around.
- Animal Motif: Dogs, specifically corgis. Her hair is meant to resemble the ears of a corginote , and just like corgis, she's the loyal companion of a British queen named Elizabeth.
- Badass Creed: Her crew's motto Belli Dura Despicionote made it into the game as her skill activation line.
- BFS: She wields a massive greatsword as large as she is, but can seemingly swing it with ease. In the 3rd Anniversary PV, she can even swing it with enough force to attack targets at a distance.
- Boring, but Practical: While her skill set may have issues even post refit, her stats post refit do not. On top of her monstrous firepower stat, she boasts rather high reload, accuracy, luck and anti-air. And she plays well with other ships in the faction.
- Cool Sword: She always has a sword with her. And the special item required for her retrofit (and gotten from the event for it) is another cool sword.
- Crippling Overspecialization:
- Her kit in general can feel like it leans hard towards PvP just due to how her Divine Marksman skill shot moves/fires. Her refit only doubles down on this, as it fails to make said skill more PvE friendly and her new secondary skill is also geared more than a bit toward making sure her standard volleys can alpha-strike a single target in PvP.
- That said, this still isn't quite as severe as some examples... mostly by dint of Warspite having the single highest Firepower stat of any standard ship in the entire game, even before her retrofit, at a whopping 396.note This means that Warspite can still do pretty well for herself overall by the simple virtue of sledgehammering things to death. And while Divine Marksman is underwhelming against enemy waves (which, admittedly, makes up 90% of the game's farming), if you have to take down a big single boss enemy, like the Siren bosses in events, it becomes quite a bit more attractive. A ship with a slowing skill (or Formidable, who can outright stop bosses) will be her best friend.
- Cute Bruiser: She may be cute, but is still a well esteemed battleship.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Not Warspite herself, who's been in the English version for a long time, but her retrofit artwork appears in Empyreal Tragicomedy despite the retrofit not being released in the English version yet.
- Historical In-Joke: Her Divine Marksman skill is a reference to one of her most famous achievements, landing the longest shot by naval artillery against a moving target with a hit on Giulio Cesare at the range of 24 kilometers* during the Battle of Calabria — technically a tie with Scharnhorst and her first hit on HMS Glorious, as there's enough uncertainty about the exact ranges involved that the true record could go to either ship.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: She serves as this to Queen Elizabeth in Queen's Orders, although she does have limits on what she can do well (her gaming skill still isn't up to par with Long Island, and she admits that she's not that good at painting), and downplays a bit when Queen Elizabeth eventually improves in general secretary work and is capable of handing that alongside her instead of relying on her exclusively like in the beginning of the manga.
- Irony: Empyreal Tragicomedy has her muse about getting high command to give her a retrofit...while already in her retrofit skin.
- Little Bit Beastly: Subverted - She looks a lot like she has cat ears, but it's actually part of her hair being held up by her headgear. And it's meant to recall a royal corgi.
- Marked to Die: Post-retrofit, her Divine Marksman skill marks whichever ship it hits, increasing the odds of other Royal battleships auto-aim going for them. Her first salvo in every sortie also has a reduced timer, ensuring that Warspite will be able to mark a target before the rest of your main fleet fires.
- My Greatest Failure: What happened with the Iris forces (which ended in a number of ships sank just because of realpolitik reasons), thus with the Sardinian ships, she tries very hard to avoid the same thing.
- Older than They Look: While she is not afraid to refer herself as the "Grand Old Lady", her age does become a source of grief in her "Crush" affinity with regards to her petite form. She also bemoans the fact that competing with the younger girls for your affection is likely unbecoming of someone her age.
- Pants-Free: Pretty obvious if you see her art. Actually a Historical In-Joke ("Look at how the Grand Old Lady can move when she lifts up her skirt") about her speed as she even references it.
- Praetorian Guard: She serves Queen Elizabeth in this capacity, as well as being the head of the Royal Knights.
- Red Baron: Known as The Old Lady or Gran' Old Lady during WW2. She even calls herself that if you choose her as a Secretary.
- Unblockable Attack: Her Divine Marksman skill lets her fire a guaranteed critical hit to the farthest enemy ship on the screen every 15 seconds. At level 6 and above she will use armor-piercing shells for this skill for massive damage to bigger enemy ships. This does have the downside of doing less to smaller/lighter armored ships (drastically so to light armor ships).
- The reason it is not an Always Accurate Attack is that it may not be able to hit the farthest enemy ship if it had already been sunk just before the Divine Marksman shell hits. This is especially true in PvE, which is why Warspite shines better in PvP as she is often designated to take out opposing player fleets' strongest backline threats, which usually have heavier armor to boot. Also, before a patch that decouples ship's fire delay from chibi animation, Warspite has the longest animation, which means she's much more prone to miss her shots due to long delay between fire order and the shell actually launches.
Voiced by: Asuka Nishi
- ID: No. 464Rarity: EliteArtist: Alisa"To be Valiant is to be me. Remember this face, for it is the face of a fleet leader! ...Speaking of faces, who are you? The Commander? Very well! I shall treat you as my personal servant!"
- Afraid of Blood: In her nurse skin, she cringes when she asks to draw the commander's blood and says she can't handle it like Vampire does.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: In Queen's Orders, Valiant finally manages to take Elizabeth's place as Queen after beating her in a game of chess... and is promptly worked to exhaustion trying to do all of the paperwork that comes with the job.
- Historical In-Joke: Her wearing a crown may refer to how Prince Philip, who would later become the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, served aboard the ship.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: She does the classic "Hehehe-hahahahaha-HOHOHOHO" laugh before coughing.
- Poke the Poodle: What her attempts to overthrow Elizabeth and become Queen typically amount to.
- Sore Loser: She loses a chess game in her "like" affinity line and then insists it doesn't count.
- The Starscream: Played for laughs. She openly talks about wanting to usurp Elizabeth, and in her Queen Valiant I skin she succeeds after winning a bet with Elizabeth and making herself Queen for a day.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: In Queen's Orders, her solution to a 'ghost' haunting the Academy (really Terror's Astral Projection /Ark Royal sneaking around) is the exact same one that Elizabeth came up with to exorcise the 'ghost' (really Eldridge discharging electricity) that was haunting the Eagle Union Dorms much earlier in the story: summon her rigging and blast the building into rubble, as a ghost can't haunt a building that no longer exists.
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: A lot of her lines are her bossing around the commander as her personal servant.
Voiced by: Marika Hayase
- ID: No. 554Rarity: EliteArtist: Sencha"..Woah?! S-sincerest apologies, I wasn't watching where I was going... Oh, you're the Commander? S-splendid! Battleship Revenge of the Royal Navy, at your service!"
- Cute Clumsy Girl: The first thing she does upon acquisition is run into the Commander, and mentions several similar incidents in her lines. note
- The Ditz: One of her lines references "that battleship from the Northern Parliament" and how impressed she is with her grasp of Royal Navy etiquette. Assuming she means Arkhangelsk, that means she doesn't recognize her own sister!
- Historical In-Joke: She comes across as someone easily distracted, which could be a reference to a pair of incidents where she collided with two different ships in Halifax.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She looks very similar to Arkhangelsk, her sister ship (originally HMS Royal Sovereign) just with aqua hair as opposed to Arkhangelsk's blue.
- BFG: They're both "Big Seven" ships, meaning for the time it was made they were two of the seven ships worldwide allowed to have 16 inch guns. They have a special barrage skill by the same name.
- Crutch Character: Higher grade than the Renown class as while their skill is impressive looking and good at assailing weaker enemies, the flaws in it become more and more apparent as you get later in the game and cease to have a level advantage, at which point, you'll start to want ships with better barrages, better raw stats, or who are just more efficient farmers (i.e., the Erebuses).
- Gender-Blender Name: While both are named for the last names of famous admirals, both names are also male first names, unlike with Hood, who is also named for a famous admiral.
- More Dakka: Their special ability is to perform a boss-like very wide attack that clears almost all enemies on the screen and can potentially do massive damage on bosses, how much this occur is based on chance however.
- Moveset Clone: The only differences between their stats at level 100 are about 20 HP and 2 Evasion (in favor of Nelson) and 25 Luck (in favor of Rodney). Everything else from weapon efficiencies to their Big Seven skill is identical.
Voiced by: Yuuki Kuwahara
- ID: No. 132Rarity: EliteArtist: Kaede Yumesaki"You're my Commander, right? You don't seem that capable, though. I'm Nelson. For the time being, let's work together."
- Hot Witch: Her Halloween skin which is very snug on her very sizable chest. We have Rodney to thank for it.
- Historical In-Joke: If she's the flagship, she will remark that she "expect[s] everyone to do their duty", a variation on "England expects that every man will do his duty", the signal Admiral Nelson sent to his fleet at the beginning of the Battle of Trafalgar. She'll also threaten to send you to the bottom of Trafalgar if you touch her inappropriately.
- Mega Twintails: Much like her guns and chest, they're quite sizable going down to around her feet after having some minor drill shaping at the ends.
- Ojou Ringlets: She has these on her twintails.
- Starter Mon: She's the final reward of the Hard Rookie Missions, after clearing Campaign Map 4-1 on Normal Mode.
- Team Mom: Abercrombie's Chinese lines refer to her as "Mama Nelson". She's also apparently the person Abercrombie immediately runs to when Hood is angry at her.
- Tsundere: Very much one, along with twintails to match.
Voiced by: Yo Taichi
- ID: No. 133Rarity: EliteArtist: Kaede Yumesaki"How do you do. I'm Rodney. I'll be in your care from now on."
- Beware the Nice Ones: She is as nice as she looks but manage to provoke her enough, she will unleash hell on you. Just ask Bismarck.
- Blood Knight: A low-key example, as while she's gentle and refined outside of battle, her lines imply that she's absolutely brutal in battle, with a tendency to expend considerable amounts of ammunition, which is almost certainly a reference to the No-Holds-Barred Beatdown that the historical Rodney gave the Bismarck, and how after the engagement was over she was the only Royal Navy ship to report any damage which she inflicted on herself by firing her guns at point blank range so many times it damaged her mainframe.
- Covert Pervert: In her base skin, her main complaint about the Commander groping her is that he is doing it in the command room, and in summer skin, when groped, she playfully asks the Commander how it feels to grope one of the Big Seven.
- The Dreaded: In Crosswave, Bismarck tries hard to avoid her and finds her normal smiles to be overbearing. It's implied that the World Friendlies match (based on historical events) ended with Rodney curbstomping her.
- Foil: To her tsundere sister as she's generally very nice/deredere with a bit of a stern side and it's increased in her swimsuit skin's lines where she's forwardly romantic, regardless of your actual affection level with her.
- The Gadfly: Toward Nelson, her sister. During Bailey's Halloween questline, Rodney stuffs Nelson into a snug witch costume so she can get in on the fun, and then, when Nelson is experiencing reluctance about using a flying broomstick, she shows up out of nowhere to push her off the roof she was standing on.
- Irony: In her swimsuit skin's lines, she reveals she can't swim... and unlike, say, Akagi, she does seem entirely sincere about it. This may be a Historical In-Joke about a similar inability in most British sailors for a long time (only until sometime in the 20th century did this start to be rectified).
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: In Slow Ahead, Rodney's method to watermelon bashing is outright blowing it away with her 16 inch guns.
- Only Sane Man: Is the only Royal ship other than Queen Elizabeth and Hoodnote that Abercrombie fails to trick into signing her petition in Queen's Orders.
- Artistic License History: They can equip light cruiser guns as secondaries even though historically they never didnote .
- Badass Cape: All four sisters wear capes, with King George V's being the fanciest.
- Cool Sword: All four sisters carry swords, with KGV and Wales carrying officer's swords, while Duke of York carries an arming sword with a black blade.
- Gender-Blender Name: All four carry the names or titles of male members of the Royal family.
- Officer and a Gentleman: Various... quirks aside, all four sisters carry themselves with dignity befitting their status as members of the royal family and high-ranking members of the Royal Navy while also being generally nice and personable people, King George and Wales especially. Howe is a bit naive, but she is nonetheless dignified.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Fittingly for ships named for members of the actual British Royal Family, King George V's lines establish that she and her sisters are members of the Royal Navy's royal family. Subverted with Howe (at least in real life), as the one who gave her namesake (Admiral Richard Howe) wasn't member of Royal Family.
King George V (41)
Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi
- ID: No. 134Rarity: Super RareArtist: Enka"So this is my new battlefield. Ahh, how I've long awaited this... By the way, are you my commander? You are in the presence of King George V- do use me well."
- Big Eater: Loves good food, loves people who can cook good food, likes feasts, and apparently keeps a mountain of snacks with her.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Not her, but one of her skills acts as one: The Glory of the Never-Setting Sun increases the damage she does against ships from the Sakura Empire, Iron Blood, Sardinia, and Sirens. At the time of her release, the Sardegna Empire (as it is referred to circa September 2019) had not been officially revealed, though it had been mentioned as one of the signatories of the naval treaty that nearly doomed Kaga and ultimately doomed Amagi during Crimson Echoes.note .
- Historical In-Joke:
- Her saying that her role in the royal family is best described as "Knight Commander" is a reference to the real King George V, who was the monarch to establish the Order of the British Empire, in which "Knight Commander" is the second highest grade.
- The medals she wears are based on some of the medals George V usually wore when in dress uniform◊.
- Her being a big eater is most likely a reference to the KGV class being extremely fuel inefficient.note
- Humble Hero: In a sense as she insists on serving Queen Elizabeth than trying to take charge herself.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: In Queen's Orders, she is shown to be even more competent than Warspite, whose primary trait is this trope for the early parts of the manga, though she resigned after seeing Warspite's resolve in their duel exercise.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Her low HP line has her simply comment "How interesting!"
- Nonindicative Name: Downplayed. While she is a member of the Royal Family, and is the flagship of their fleet, she isn't actually a king, with her stating that her role in the family is best described as "Knight Commander"
- Prince Charming: Genderbent but played straight unlike her Covert Pervert sister, also deconstructed. King George V is charming, kind, charismatic, gallant, straight forward, and a natural leader of the Royal Navy ships. However, in her character story, it was explored that her natural overflowing charisma not only overshadows Queen Elizabeth, her superior, but also made her harder to put herself in the shoes of less plucky others, in turn making some blunders when she set out to help them.
- Princess Carry: In her character story, she does this to the commander, who was at the time kidnapped by Duke of York.
- Support Party Member: Inverted as she gets buffed by having a mostly Royal Navy fleet.
- Supreme Chef: She has spent a lot of time honing her skills as a chef, so that she can provide herself with good food.
- Through Her Stomach: The reason why King George V's affection grows is that you cook for her; and upon pledging, she basically paraphrases the trope in question.
Prince of Wales (53)
Voiced by: Chinami Hashimoto (Japanese), Mallorie Rodak (English), Karen Vallejo (Latin American Spanish)
- ID: No. 135Rarity: Super RareArtist: Enka"Are you the Commander? Very well. I, Prince of Wales, shall let you witness my true strength."
- Balance Buff: The December 22, 2020 patch massively improved her Royal Alliance skill, doubling its self-buff for each Eagle Union ship in the fleet with her (but capping it at 3 stacks, which is still a larger buff than previously possible). Additionally, so long as there are at least three Eagle Union ships in the fleet with her, Royal Alliance also reduces the loading time on her first salvo by 85%, buffs the Firepower and Anti-Air of Eagle Union ships in the Vanguard Fleet by 10%, and buffs the Aviation and Anti-Air of Eagle Union ships in Main Fleet by 10%.
- Bilingual Bonus: Her Justagram account name is TywysogWales. Tywysog is the Welsh word for "prince".
- Born Unlucky: She was originally supposed to be named King Edward VIII, only for Edward VIII to abdicate the throne. Then, despite attempts to accelerate her construction, it ended up being delayed due to late delivery of her gun mounts. Then, before they actually finished construction, she was hit by a German bomber, causing severe flooding, made worse by the fact that her pump system wasn't operational yet, and her compartments weren't air-tight yet. This forced her to be dry-docked for extensive repairs before she was even completed. After that, her completion was rushed due to the need for capital ships for the war, so the various tests for many of her systems were skipped. Then her first action was the Battle of the Denmark Strait, which ended with the destruction of the Hood, and during which one of her guns stopped firing due to a malfunction, and a turret jammed during a turn, and she was badly damaged by the Bismarck and Prinz Eugen. Following the signing of the Atlantic Charter aboard her and a brief, mostly eventless stint in the Mediterranean, she was sent to the Far East to be the flagship for Force Z... which ended with her and the Repulse being sunk by Japanese aircraft. To make matters worse, the Prince of Wales was only hit once during the attack, but still sunk, taking both the Vice-Admiral in charge of Force Z and her captain with her. About the only thing that went right in her career was that she had the honour of transporting Winston Churchill to the signing of the Atlantic Charter, which was signed by him and FDR aboard the Prince of Wales. This is reflected in-game with her low Luck Stat of a mere 19, much lower than the typical sunk ship.
- Covert Pervert: She looks and generally acts like a lady and an officer, but her personality is partially based on Prince Edward, a notorious womanizer, who held the title Prince of Wales at the time, and as such, she sometimes displays unladylike behavior. Among other things, she apparently put Prinz Eugen up to wearing her infamous Barely-There Swimwear and she herself wears a positively tiny swimsuit in her summer skin. Hood's summer skin also has her mention certain things that Wales likes to do, she hugs Saratoga in a rather forward manner in the latter's summer skin, stating she's grown 'bigger', Monarch asks a commander who gets a bit too hands on with her not to pick up Wales' bad habits, and Prinz Eugen, if groped while wearing her swimwear, says the same thing. Furthermore, in one of the official Slow ahead manga chapters based on the Race Queens skins, she practically feels up Javelin while getting her to pose for a picture.
- Determinator: It's quite clear that she does not want a repeat of either of her failures. If defeated, she encourages the fleet to get back up and try again. If badly damaged, she tells the rest of the fleet to get up, and that they're going to go look for a fight.
- Everyone Has Standards: She may be a pervert, but she makes it quite clear that she disapproves of Ark Royal's... preferences.
- Foil: The playable one acts as one to her friend, Prinz Eugen. Wales, despite being extremely unlucky, keeps a Stiff Upper Lip, is highly driven, encourages the Commander and her allies to do their best, and does her best to cheer people up or encourage others to cheer people up. Eugen, despite being Born Lucky, is extremely apathetic, snarky, and likes to tease people. As a bonus, both are named for Princes.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible one to Duke of York. While she may be a Covert Pervert, the covert part is important, as she is otherwise highly focused, serious, and dutiful, to the point that her summer skin has offering to stay behind and do work so the Commander can relax with the others. Her combat lines are clear and concise, giving orders or encouraging her allies. Even her affection lines are more serious, with her gradually opening up to the commander about her insecurities brought on by her failures, and his love helping her recover from it.
- Downplayed in regards to King George V. KGV is quite serious and dutiful, just like Wales, but she does have a bit of an obsession with food.
- Historical In-Joke:
- Her uniform is based on the full dress uniform of an officer in the Grenadier Guards, which was Prince Edward's regiment while he was on active duty.
- Her summer skin's Love line says that she wouldn't trade even an entire kingdom in exchange for her feelings towards the Commander... which is exactly what Prince Edward did.
- My Greatest Failure: Seems to feel this way about the Battle of Denmark Strait and Task Force Z. She wants to avoid such events in the future.
- Odd Friendship: She and Prinz Eugen became good friends, despite not only being former enemies, but Eugen being one of the ships responsible for her greatest failure.
- Skinship Grope: According to Hood she likes to do this, and, if you grope Monarch, she will ask you not to pick up Wales' bad habits. As well, when in her beach skin, Takao will reveal that the reason she brought a wooden sword to the beach is to deal with a certain Royal ship that may show upnote . Also Saratoga in her summer skin talks about being hugged by her with a remark about her growth.
- Stepford Smiler: She seems to have suffered some emotional trauma from the events of the Battle of Denmark Straitnote and the fate suffered by Task Force Z,note , which happened in relatively short succession. However, she keeps it mostly under wraps.
- The Stoic: She's noted as being rather unexpressive, at least while on dutynote . It's not helped by the fact that her sisters are King George V and Duke of York.
- Support Party Member:
- Inverted as originally released, also an odd case because she actually gets buffed by the presence of American ships rather than British with her Royal Alliance skill. It's based off of her being the ship that Winston Churchill and Franklin Delano Roosevelt were on when they signed the Atlantic Charter, which would go on to inspire the formation of many post-war treaties, and the formation of the United Nations.
- After the December 22, 2020 patch, it's played straight, as she now buffs the Firepower and Anti-Air of Eagle Union vanguard fleet ships and the Aviation and Anti-Air Eagle Union main fleet ships.
- Taste of Power: She is playable along with Hood in the tutorial.
- Vapor Wear: Her JN/EN summer skin's bikini top is nearly translucent.
- Worthy Opponent: With Prinz Eugen, though with her it's a more a friendship that may be something more.
- You Don't Look Like You: Like the Nagato- and Colorado-class, she has an older artwork that ends up being replaced by the current one. Unlike those examples, it was not really used before she was made playable (not an enemy). Only signs of such are certain chibis in the menus and help screens.
Duke of York (17)
Voiced by: Rie Tanaka
- ID: No. 136Rarity: Super RareArtist: Enka"I see. So the scent driving me crazy wafts from your soul O sinful commander, I am Duke of York of the Royal Navy. Be sure to carve my name upon thy heart."
- Affectionate Nickname: King George V refers to her as "Yorkie".
- Beautiful Dreamer: The Commander, from her point of view. Her crush line is actually her talking to herself while watching the Commander sleeping. A reference to her historical inspiration complimenting Churchill and Montgomery (with a bit of a stealth insult to the latter).
- Big Damn Heroes: Her entrance in the "Winter Crown" storyline.
- Damage-Increasing Debuff: Her ''Trepidation of Destruction" skill causes anything hit by her main guns to take increased damage for a short time.
- Flowery Elizabethan English: As can be seen in her introduction line above, she uses a lot of O's, thees, thous, thys, and thines. Ashigara has problems trying to understand what Duke of York is saying in her character story due to this trope.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The Foolish to Wales' Responsible. While she is skilled, most of her secretary lines (and many of her other lines) are her gushing over how handsome and attractive the Commander is, trying to seduce him, watching him sleep, etc. While she doesn't focus on him in combat, her lines are still extremely florid and poetic, mostly her revelling in combat or threatening her enemies rather than giving orders or encouragement. Her affection lines are less her falling in love with the commander or him helping her with some serious problem, and more the Commander finally returning her obvious affection.
- Historical In-Joke: Her 'Concerto of Blood' skill (fire a salvo that slows hit enemy by 40% every 20 seconds) is clearly a reference to her shells firing from her 14-inch main guns that managed to penetrate Scharnhorst's deck and heavily damaged the engine compartment, dramatically slowed the latter down, allow other Royal Navy ships to catch up and finished her off. Scharnhorst with her maximum speed of 30 knots could have easily run away from pursuing Royal Navy fleet in bad weather condition, but said shells ultimately sealed her fate.
- While she is playful, she is still partially based off Prince Albert (later King George VI), who held the title of Duke of York at the time the ships were built. As such, she still has a high social skills and the reason why she is a vampire ship.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: Her uniform barely contains her.
- Luminescent Blush: In her party dress. While it's not especially intense both her face and her ears turn a noticeable shade of pink.
- Our Vampires Are Different:
- She's a vampire ship, including talking of eternal night, asking how sweet the Commander's blood could taste, and her second skin being heavily vampire themed. Doubles as a subtle reference to how her historical inspiration narrowly survived the London bombing of 1940, "rising" from the ruins of the city, in addition to how Prince Albert were often bedridden due to major illness but later recovered none worse of wear.
- While she doesn't have any trouble with actual sunlight, Prince of Wales states that, for all intents and purposes, her nemesis is King George V, who Wales describes as being like the sun, and who has a skill called The Glory of the Never-Setting Sun, and refers to "the sun that never sets" in her skill line.
- Pointy Ears: Just like Vampire.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning:
- Her chibi eye color changes to red when she's picked up or she's dancing. Ironically, despite being a vampire, she was the only member of her class that didn't have permanently red eyes, until the blue-eyed Howe was released.
- Her Eternal Night's Carola skin has her eyes red in splash art, though they remain blue in her chibi unless she's picked up.
- Stalker with a Crush: Sort of. Normally she didn't show to stalk her Commander often, but during King George V's story, she did "kidnap" the Commander for unknown reason (she might have been monitoring his activity before).
- Uniformity Exception: Unlike her two sisters, she isn't blonde and doesn't have (permanently) red eyes. Her uniform is also significantly less military, she doesn't take much inspiration from her namesake (apart from her skills in battles and socializing), and she carries a more fantastical arming sword with a black blade, while her sisters carry officer's swords.
- Warrior Poet: She uses very poetic language in all her lines.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: Not hers, but the Commander's, at least from her point of view. She makes several references to how entrancing they are
- Worthy Opponent: See Scharnhorst as this.
- "I hope that any of thee who are ever called upon to fight against an opponent many times superior, will fight as gallantly as Scharnhorst fought today!" note
Voiced by: M. A. O
- ID: No. 461Rarity: Super RareArtist: Snow Is"It's a pleasure meeting you, Commander. I'm Howe of the King George V-class. I hope we can build a healthy relationship."
- Big Sister Worship: It's subtle, but some of her lines has her complimenting King George V (though she complains about KGV doting too much to her like she is a kid). She even considers Monarch to be her sister.
- Historical In-Joke:
- Her introduction line mentions that she and King George went to visit two of their Sardegna Empire allies. In real life, Howe and King George V escorted the surrendered battleships Vittorio Veneto and Littorio (later rechristened as Italia) to Alexandria as part of the armistice between Italy and the Allies.
- The patterns in her dress (her casual skin Noble Rouge) bear some similar to those on Scottish skirts — it might be a reference to the fact that real-life HMS Howe was built by now-defunct Fairfield Shipbuilding and Engineering Company, a Scottish shipbuilding company in the Govan area on the Clyde in Glasgow.
- Nice Girl: Humble, helpful, and even-tempered, Howe is by far the nicest of her siblings and one of the less prickly characters of the Royal Navy cast. Maybe a little bit too nice, since she doesn't react too negatively to the Commander groping her breast, asking back in puzzlement.
- Only Sane Man: Between King George V's overflowing charisma and voracious appetite, Prince of Wales' Covert Pervert tendencies, and Duke of York's poetic speech patterns and usage of archaic English, Howe comes across as the least quirky of her sisters, apart from being somewhat naive.
- Sibling Team: Covenant of the Immortal Knights gives her an innate boost to her firepower and reload when entering combat. However, when sortied with any of her sisters or her half-sister Monarch (or, failing that, 3 or more Royal Navy ships), she gets a further boost to her firepower and an additional boost to AA. This is a nod to how the historical Howe basically followed King George V around throughout the war, with the exception during Howe's brief stint in the Pacific (before she joined her sister again in Sydney for Operation Iceberg).
- Support Party Member: Her Synchronized Strike skill means she's this to your battleships/aviation battleships/battlecruisers in the same fleet as her, as said skill boosts their reload and accuracy in addition to firing a barrage at a random enemy.
- Supreme Chef: When it comes to baking cookies, no shipgirl does it better than Howe (maybe Dunkerque can rival her.) A Juustagram post has her baking some delicious-looking cookies, to the praise of both King George V, Hermione, and the Commander.
- Tsurime Eyes: Curiously enough while she has them as her personality doesn't have the traits associated with them.
Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro
- ID: Plan 002Rarity: PriorityArtist: Liduke"It's a pleasure meeting you. I'm Monarch, a battleship. Hmpf, so the Royal Navy is so badly in need of assistance that they're asking me, the one who was one discarded, for help have they really fallen that low?"
The personification of the Design 15C note Monarch, introduced as part of the World of Warships collaboration. She's one of two Priority Rare class ships in the Royal Navy.
- Anti-Armor: "Monarch's Coercion" fires a barrage of special AP shells that have a higher than normal damage modifier against heavy armor.
- Artistic License History: Besides the main guns, the historical Design 15C that Monarch's supposedly based on has quite a few design differences to the finalized King George V. Lesta/Wargaming, however, made the Monarch by pretty much plopping 15C's 15" guns onto the finalized KGV hull, with only other differences being the mast, AA armaments, and catapult. Monarch also has lattice mast, which is not used in any other Royal Navy ships, and in post-WW2 Royal Navy were applied only to light cruisers, never battleships.note
- Badass Cape: Wears one, just like her half-sisters.
- Boobs of Steel: Fitting for a Battleship, and a Prototype ship at that, she is very well endowed.
- Cool Sword: Subverted. Despite her half-sisters each carrying one, and her accessory looking like one, she actually carries a cane that looks a little like a sword. She switches it out for a parasol in her "Black Gerard" skin. Pledge of the Radiant Court implies that she either carries one that isn't shown, or that her cane is indeed a sword-cane.
- Critical Status Buff: Her "Against the Current" skill will increase her reload more at low HP.
- Glory Hound: Pledge of the Radiant Court reveals that she is quite upset that she's been kept at base by the Royal Navy, as she wants to gain glory in combat against the enemy.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Towards the King George Class, due to their design being chosen ahead of hers (due to the tonnage imposed by the Naval Treaties of the time) and consequently never being built.
- Hitbox Dissonance: Although the number of shells depicted is accurate, the animation for "Monarch's Coercion" does not accurately reflect its actual area of effect. The animation makes it appear to cover about the width of the screen when in reality its actually more concentrated in the area directly in front of Monarch's position. In particular the two shells at each edge of the animation appear to do no damage because they aren't actually landing where they're shown.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: While very boastful of her abilities, lines like her "Disappointed" ones show at heart, she struggles with such feelings due to never being built.
- Infinity -1 Sword: While she may not have the raw overwhelming power of Friedrich der Große, Monarch still hits like a truck thanks to a combination of very powerful main guns and a devastating barrage. She is a favorite choice among players for fighting late-game bosses. Monarch is also easier to acquire and faster to reach maximum power than Friedrich der Große. It is for these reasons that Monarch is often cited as the first research ship that new players should pursue.
- Last Chance Hit Point: Her "Against the Current" skill will also upon being reduced below 20% HP, restore some health over a few seconds (total 12%) once per battle. This is regardless of skill level.
- Ms. Fanservice: Monarch is a shapely woman with large breasts and long legs, and she wears classy formal attire that shows her body off without being overly revealing.
- She's Got Legs: Every one of her skins does a good job of showing off her nice, long legs, especially her base skin with its Zettai Ryouiki.
- Shout-Out: Her "Against the Current" skill is one to World of Warships "Adrenaline Rush" captain skill note and "Repair Party" consumable.
- Super Prototype: Downplayed as while a paper ship like the rest, there's only small changes compared to her sisters in the KGV class. This is probably due to mishmash design made by Lesta/Wargaming, as noted in Artistic License History.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Sees herself as this; she wonders aloud if anyone would bother welcoming her home if there were no one else accompanying her. This isn't true though, especially with Howe.
- The Resenter: In her acquisition line. She admits that, while she resents Prince of Wales and Duke of York for taking her place, she also loves them as her sisters, and admits that seeing them smiling actually makes her feel better about being abandoned, since she knows something did come from it. Also, she would feel no malice towards those who would one day succeed her.
- Undying Loyalty: Despite her resentment towards the KGV-class and over being discarded, her friendship line has her state that, no matter how much they neglect her, her loyalty to the Royal Family will never waver. She also has this towards the Commander, stating that they are the only person who matters to her, and nobody believed in her until she met the Commander.
Voiced by: Yuki Nakashima
- No.: 137Rarity: Ultra RareArtist: Ask"I am Vanguard, palace guard of the Royal Knights! I hereby pledge to you my sword, and the full extent of my loyalty! May glory be yours, and God save the Queen!"
- A-Cup Angst: Implied in her maid skin's Special Touch line. Vanguard is no slouch herself, but cannot hope to compare with many of the girls on the Royal Navy's Maid Team- whose most famous members are known for big bust sizes- in this regard.Vanguard: Compare me to any of the other maids and I'll destroy you.
- Blood Knight: Being a palace guard and all, she rarely gets a chance to step onto the battlefield, and thus will eagerly demand that she be sent on the next sortie.
- Chuunibyou: She has a flare for the dramatic, though even she is painfully aware of how some of her mannerisms and naming schemes are almost too cringy to follow through completely.Vanguard: Behold! My royal sabreee! ...Wait, what? They're all gone? Oh god, I can feel everyone's cringing at me!
- Damage-Increasing Debuff: Her second skill increases the damage enemy ships receive from the player's fleet by 10% (at max level) when they have been afloat for at least two seconds.
- Does Not Like Spam: Vanguard has a distaste for Royal cuisine, and uses her distaste as proof that there's something wrong with Royal cuisine- if even she, a Royal Navy shipgirl herself, dislikes it.Vanguard: Pardon my bluntness, but Royal cuisine is total shite. Sure, different people like different things, but something's wrong if even I as a native think it's rubbish.
- Hidden Depths: Similar to Formidable, her normal, relaxed personality starkly contrasts with the formality she normally wears as part of her official duties, which she also finds to be exhausting. Many of her post-oath lines reveal her to be a huge goofball with a massive love of manga and anime.
- Last of Her Kind: The last battleship ever built to be completed in the world.
- Meido: Is one in her "Half-Hearted Masquerade" skin. While she adores maid costumes, she hates the work that they entail.
- Occidental Otaku: Not unlike New Jersey, she's a known fan of anime and has patterned at least one attack after one she saw in an anime.
Light Aircraft Carriers (CVL)
Voiced by: Naomi Ozora
- ID: 462Rarity: Super RareArtist: Kincora"I'm Perseus, from the Royal Navy. You can pronounce it "Per-see-us" if you want though... Well, whatever. Are we done here? Great. Nice meeting you."
- Alpha Strike: She can launch two airstrikes right off the bat, at the cost of a drastic increase in airstrike cooldowns.
- Animal Motifs: Owls. She has one in her base art, and the owl is the symbol of Athena, the goddess who helped the mythological Perseus overcome the gorgon Medusa. Athena also gets a more direct shout out in Perseus' "Athena's Catapult" skill.
- Combat Pragmatist: An inevitable result of being able to immediately launch two airstrikes, allowing double damage output before the enemy can respond, though it's secondary to the healing function.
- Combat Medic: Joins Unicorn and Shouhou as the third carrier capable of healing your ships, and among the few ships that has the ability to do so. More medic than combatant due to her low aviation and plane efficiencies. A nod to how the actual Perseus were essentially an improved Unicorn as a maintenance carrier.
- Deadpan Snarker: Perseus is very sarcastic and dry-witted.(when touched):Maybe try finishing your work before you "chat me up" or "interview me" or however you wanna sugarcoat it?(when groped):You must really want a seat at the naval jailhouse dinner table, huh?(reminding you of tasks): What kind of lazy cat are you, just lounging around all day instead of doing missions?
- Emotionally Tongue-Tied: Her Crush/Like, Love and Oath/Pledge lines reveal that her sharp tongue is due to difficulty expressing her feelings.
- Historical In-Joke: Her being able to launch two airstrikes at once in the game is a nod to how she was used as a platform for an experimental steam catapult system the Royal Navy developed after the war, where she carried the experiment successfully. Perseus's ability to heal better than Unicorn as well as her super rare classification stems from the fact that the former was essentially an improved design of the latter (though the design tweaks were done while Perseus were being built on drydock rather than while still in blueprints).
- Hospital Hottie: Her nurse outfit is quite revealing, even compared to Hermione's, with the top open making a cleavage window.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: When sortied as the flagship, she will declare that the battlefield is no place to be worried about fuel economy. As a Super Rare ship, she is indeed less fuel efficient than other, lower-rarity healers such as Unicorn and Shouhou. If you're sortieing her, you're either not worried about fuel efficiency, or you really need the additional healing she provides over the previously mentioned carriers.
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: Even among other healing-capable ships and carriers, she stands out:
- She, unlike other carriers, can attack right at the start, with two airstrikes to boot. As a trade-off, she recovers airstrikes much slower than other carriers.
- Unlike other ships that can heal friendly ships, she can heal both the mainline and vanguards, as well as the vanguard of the other deployed fleet.
- Not the Intended Use: The Carrier Detection mechanic introduced in late 2020 gave her a new role in PvP fleets completely unrelated to her healing role in PvE. Having two airstrikes preloaded at the start of the fight all but completely guarantees that any enemy carriers will be detected within seconds of the fight starting. This reduces their damage output tremendously and opens them up to Warspite's monstrous AP barrage (as she cannot target undetected carriers).
- Sarcasm Failure: While she has plenty of zingers locked, loaded, and aimed at the Commander, she doesn't seem to have given much thought to her victory lines against her actual enemies.
- Perseus: Looks like the enemy will have to, uh, try harder next time.
Voiced by: Yuuna Inamura
- ID: 140Rarity: NormalArtist: Yumesaki Kaede"The card of glory, the soul of the duel... no, this is the flight deck! I am Hermes. Commander, I await your orders!"
- Artistic License History: In real life HMS Hermes was pretty awful even at her intended job. She was so small she could only equip a marginal air wing even by 1920s standards—never mind the much bigger 1940s aircraft. Shipgirl Hermes suffers no such weakness: retrofitted, her fully-levelled airpower stat is the same as Ranger, a larger carrier that carried three times as many aircraft. And she can equip giant torpedo planes like the Douglas Skypirate which in real life could have only been landed on her by a dockside crane.
- Com Mon: One of the most common carriers in the game thanks to her low rarity and regular appearance as a level reward. You'll see her a lot.
- Covert Pervert: Has no problems with the commander touching her in a particular fashion as long as he keeps winning.
- Death Dealer: She uses cards that turn into planes.
- Gender-Blender Name: Named for the (very much male) Messenger God from Classical Mythology.
- Shout-Out: Her design and voice lines make her out to look like a certain duelist. Her voice actress even voiced the main heroine (and her doppelganger) of the fifth series. Her remodel trades out her "flight deck" for rigging that makes it look like she's riding a motorcycle.
Voiced by: Ai Kakuma (Japanese), Alexis Tipton (English), Jocelyn Robles (Latin American Spanish)
- ID: 142Rarity: EliteArtist: Yumesaki Kaede"I... I am... The Royal Navy's... Unicorn. ...Commander, can... can I call you... big brother?"8
- Alpha Strike: Her retrofit gives her the skill to have one preloaded airstrike. Essentially making her a Perseus-lite.
- Combat Medic: Her Support Carrier skill lets her heal the vanguard by up to 8% of their maximum health whenever she uses an airstrike, so offense and defense go hand-in-hand, but downplayed due to her defensive nature (this is subverted later with her refit. She is still tanky, but her damage is improved).
- D-Cup Distress: In the anime, Unicorn is rather insecure about her boobs at first. Laffey later encourages her that her body is fine the way it is. No such distress exists in the game proper, however.
- Dub Name Change: Zigzagged. Not Unicorn herself, but her stuffed unicorn toy. In both Chinese and Japanese version of the game, she's named simply U-chan. In English text, Unicorn's toy is given the name Ugean, even as she calls her U-chan with the Japanese audio. In the Funimation dub of the anime (the first instance of an officially English voiced Unicorn), they simply call it U-chan.
- A recent update to the game changed the name to Unii, which is closer to the asian name. Later spelled as Yuni.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: She is always shown together with her stuffed unicorn.
- Hidden Buxom: Her default skin hides a rather sizable bust; it's easily seen on her alternate skins.
- Historical In-Joke: The reason why she follows around Illustrious and call her big sister? While the historical Unicorn was designed to serve all the British carrier-based aircraft maintenance during the war, by the time she was commissioned, she mainly went along with the Illustrious carrriers as they lost a significant amount of aircraft in battle (and they formed the main carrier strike force of the Royal Navy), and, as noted, essentially followed Illustrious herself in both Atlantic and Pacific Theaters. Kincora has even drawn a picture of Unicorn with the rest of the Illustrious sisters suggesting they see her as an honorary member.
- Her defensive nature is a nod to how, in addition to her status as the maintenance carrier (Pioneer came out very late and Perseus being a post-war remnant), her design included armored flight deck ala the Illustriouses
- Idol Singer: She has an alternate skin which resembles a certain idol. She later got a non-collaboration skin of this nature.
- It Can Think: The trailer for the anime shows U-chan being able to move.
- Leitmotif: My Night
- Living Toys: The stuffed unicorn toy she carries around is alive, even in the game. It's shown to be blinking in her Live 2D skin, and it has different sizes and shapes in all of her other skins. This is strongly emphasized in the anime and her retrofit, where it clearly moves around and can change its size so Unicorn can ride her in combat.
- Mounted Combat: In the anime, U-Chan can transform big enough that she rides on it in combat while flying high in the air. Becomes a Recursive Adaptation when Unicorn also does it in her retrofit form in the game.
- Shout-Out: The Commander would ask her if she has the NT-D System much like her other counterpart, she would reply that she has never heard of such thing or doesn't have the Destroy Mode that comes with it.
- Sixth Ranger: Despite not being a destroyer, recent media seems to place her as this to the starter quartet, between her substituting for Z23 in the anime and a recent Juustagram post of said destroyer taking a selfie with "everyone", which includes Unicorn. This is rooted from Dec 2017, which marked a boom in players of the Japanese version in part due to a number of things being given away, including Unicorn, basically making her an honorary one in many player's eyes. Later updates pretty much enable players to do this by making her available for purchase at the guild shop from the get go.
- Stone Wall: She's noticeably tankier than other CVLs (with the second-highest HP after the higher-rarity Centaur, even after other ships get retrofits) and with a relatively weak offensive loadout of a fighter, a dive bomber, and an anti-aircraft gun. Contrast with Shouhou, who leans more towards offense despite also being a healer via Support Carrier.
- Support Party Member: She has two Support skills: Support Carrier, which heals the vanguard after deploying an airstrike, and Reload Command to passively increase the Reload stat of the vanguard at the start of battle. Her retrofit increases her utility and heal thanks to her U-Chan's Aid skill by virtue of having a preloaded airstrike and main fleet healing. This, at certain nodes, makes her slightly better than Perseus because Unicorn doesn't have a cool down penalty from said preload.
- Womanchild: Despite her childish actions, she is physically in her midteens (which is clear in her alternate skins), though there are a few hints that this might be an act.
For US version of the class, see Azur Lane Eagle Union.
Voiced by: Rui Tanabe
- ID: 376Rarity: EliteArtist: Jinyuan712"Greetings Commander, Escort Carrier "Chaser" reporting in, I heard that there are high quality tea sets and tea leaves? I am eager to meet those friends who have fine tastes too, eheh~"
- Big Little Sister: She's USS Bogue's little sister, but comes off much more mature & refined.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Similar to her sister Bogue, she's specialized in anti-submarine warfare, especially with her unique skill that reveals submarines and launches planes that drop depth charges. She's below-average for her class and rarity otherwise, including less Aviation stat than Unicorn.
- Foreign Culture Fetish: Her world-spanning service history* gets played as this. She is obsessed with tea culture and buys her own dress to celebrate the Lunar New Year. Her accent is also interesting, with some of her lines sounding posh, others sounding lower or middle class, and at least one sounds Australian. A bit odd, considering that she was part of the US Navy for less than a day before being transferred to the British and renamed Chaser.
- Mega Twintails: With a pair of tight Ojou Ringlets that could give Nelson a run for her money.
- Nice Girl: Is quite polite and kind. Even her upset line, rather than her being angry or dismissive, has her ask the commander if something's been bothering them, and making it clear that they can tell her about it.
- Useless Useful Skill: One of her skills lets her sweep for submarines, then launches a Swordfish wing to attack them. Because the English version launches brand-new ships and events simultaneously with other servers rather than sticking strictly to old release schedules, she arrived to that server before submarines and submarine combat were even added to the game. Averted with the release of submarines now, as it provides an alternative to having to saddle a frontline ship with an otherwise useless sonar.
- Vaporwear: Her Dragon Empery skin, which has her breasts barely covered by two loose pieces of fabric. It's also quite clear she isn't wearing a bra in her normal skin.
Voiced by: Aya Uchida
- ID: 356Rarity: Super RareArtist: Tony Taka"Is this where my elders that participated in the war gather? Hello Commander, I am Centaur. Pleased to meet you."
- Archer Archetype: Uses a bow to fire her planes.
- Historical In-Joke: Her high performance is one as a the time she started construction, she was intended to be very state of the art. However, by the time she was finished, carrier technology had progressed to such a point where she was rendered obsolete.
- Jack of All Stats: She does a number of tasks pretty well (be it damage, slowing down the enemy, buffing the backline, providing air superiority, dealing with enemy planes), only losing out to the specialists.
- Our Elves Are Different: Her character design is trying to evoke the image of an elf, combining bow usage with her long, pointy ears.
- Lightning Bruiser: She's absolutely the tankiest CVL in the game, with HP higher than even several CVs and completely outstrips Unicorn, the 2nd tankiest. She also has an Aviation stat akin to a number of CVs of the same rarity while having a reload stat expected of CV Ls (high).
- She's Got Legs: Has very long legs, prominently displayed in her "Beachside Undine" and "Sprightly Spring Wind" skins.
- Underboobs: To the point it's basically vaporwear, where a slight breeze would leave her assets bare. This also applies to her Summer and Lunar New Year skin as well.
- Younger than They Look: She wasn't finished until World War II was over; this is shown by her treating other ships as her senior, even the (often child-like) destroyers.
Aircraft Carriers (CV)
Voiced by: Noriko Shitaya (Japanese)
- ID: 148Rarity: EliteArtist: Kincora"I'm the Royal Navy larg- *cough*, aircraft carrier, Glorious. Commander, hold your head high, for I'm your glory!"
- Art Evolution: Her Chinese New Year's skin shows what she's like in his modern style, along with some other improvements.
- A Day in the Limelight: "Glorious Final Battle" is an event that centers around her and her escort: Acasta and Ardent.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: Her Pungent Plum skin has her incredibly (and adorably) tipsy.
- Covert Pervert: She has a pretty interesting line if you give her a special touch. She also is a more restrained version of Ark Royal in her affection for Acasta and Ardent, even remark that she understands why Ark would be so attracted to destroyers. Swirling Cherry Blossoms Juustagram post also has Ark confirmed that Glorious has the same hobby as her (discreetly taking DD pictures).
- Cuteness Proximity: She squees over Acasta and Ardent in her mini-event. She even stated how she understands why Ark finds destroyers so cute◊(though she doesn't appear to realise just how much Ark likes them).
- Damn You, Muscle Memory!: In her character story, she rushes to the front during a training exercise instinctively trying to use her now-removed cannons.
- Fanservice Pack: Her chinese new year's skin shows her already respectable bust upped to be comparable with Sirius, and instead of a qipao, she's wearing an ensemble that is kept decent by the robes she wears as the main thing covers very little as a concept piece reveals (NSFW warning)
- Hidden Buxom: While her base skin and school uniform doesn't show her as exactly flat, her Chinese New Year's skin that ups her bust in a Fanservice Pack hints that she had a lot more in the chest department than what she led on.
- Historical Badass Upgrade: She's portrayed much more favorably in game than what really happened in real life.
- Last Stand: "Glorious Final Battle" has her, Ardent and Acasta pull one on The Ugly Sisters, that said...
- Mark of Shame: Her sinking marked the first and only time a fleet aircraft carrier was sunk by surface naval gunfire.note
- My Greatest Failure: A couple of her lines reference the events of Operation Juno, where she basically did nothing as Acasta and Ardent fought by themselves against Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, ultimately resulting in the sinking of all 3 HMS ships.
- This happened in our history due to an unsuited Captain, Guy D'Oyly-Hughes, who was far more concerned with court martialing someone than having adequate lookouts in place. For a time, this wound up being covered up due to a lack of survivors. note
- Stripperific: As mentioned above her Chinese New Year skin has her wearing almost nothing underneath her outer layer. The level of exposure puts even most bikinis to shame.
- Support Party Member: Able to buff destroyers, referencing her time with Acasta and Ardent.
- We Can Rebuild Him: She was originally laid down as a battlecruiser, before being retrofitted into an aircraft carrier.
Ark Royal (91)
Voiced by: Asuka Itou (Japanese), Hayden Daviau (English), Rosalba Sotelo (Latin American Spanish)
- ID: 144Rarity: EliteArtist: Mkiiiiii33"Ark Royal, reporting in for duty! I am confident in all manners of battle. Why, it was I who managed to destroy Bismarck's rudder!"
- Affectionate Nickname: Refers to the Commander as "Your Excellency" in most of her dialogue lines.
- Art Evolution: The difference in detail and shading between her base art from the launch of the game and her wedding and retrofit art from its fourth year of operation is staggering. Her retrofit art in particular would hardly be out of place in a grittier game like Arknights.
- Balance Buff: The December 2020 update made Ryuusei torpedo bombers the new boss-killing meta. This in turn elevated Ark Royal to top-tier status as she not only deploys 6 torpedo bombers per airstrike (with 140% efficiency no less) but also slows the target down enough to ensure all of the torpedoes actually hit. Her slowing ability also aids other torpedo-bomber focused carriers such as Shinano and it is very common to see the two paired together.
- Her retrofit is a downplayed example. Because she was already amongst the top carriers in the game for fighting bosses, Manjuu and Yongshi didn't go overboard with buffing her. Nonetheless, the retrofit does address a few of the glaring weaknesses of her kit such as her reload and her terrible Dive Bomber efficiency.
- BFG: Her launcher resembles a really big steampunk rifle.
- Cleavage Window: Her default CG sports this. Downplayed with her "Guardian of the Ball" Special CG, where her dress has a translucent portion covering the cleavage itself.
- Comedic Lolicon: She really, really, really likes destroyers, though she knows not to act on it so she doesn't get in trouble. The Commander telling her that it's nothing to be ashamed of in her friendly dialogue is enough for her to swear eternal loyalty to him. It should be noted that she's more accurately a destroyer-con, as she doesn't show any attraction to petite members of other ship typesnote , while still showing attraction to the older-looking destroyers. Obviously a Historical In-Joke to how the actual Ark Royal were mostly escorted by destroyer flotillas throughout her service career.
- Finally confirmed in game, with Ark herself stating in a comment on a Juustagram picture that she's only interested in destroyers. Said picture is of Ark having a rather lewd expression while taking a photo of a scared looking Little Bel, with an angry Enterprise looming behind Ark, which turned out to actually be a misunderstanding: Ark accidentally brought up a photo of a destroyer on her camera, the Royal Maids had actually asked Ark to take some pictures, and Little Bel was simply nervous about having her picture taken.
- Her post-oath line dial this back a decent ways as destroyers do not come up much in them.
- On the other hand, her wedding dress has her proclaiming that she is getting intimate with the destroyers in addition to the Commander. Yikes...
- Cuteness Proximity: Many of her lines proclaim her love for destroyers. Imagine Nagamon, but canon, and more perverted.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Her retrofit outfit has her sport one thigh-high boot and one knee-high boot, along with a short cape that only covers her left shoulder.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: In her "Guardian of the Ball" skin, she will occasionally toss her camera into the air, and a destroyer can briefly be seen on its display.
- Gainaxing: Ark Royal's formal "Guardian of the Ball" Live2D outfit features generous amounts of jiggling.
- Gameplay and Story Integration: Her retrofit finally gives you a mechanically sound reason to sortie her with her beloved destroyers: she gains a timed barrage which inflicts a Damage-Increasing Debuff against attacks from destroyers (or any Royal Navy vanguard).
- Glass Cannon:
- Her load-out is purely offense-focused, with two torpedo bomber slots and one dive bomber slot, both of her skills focused on damage, and no inherent strong defense against enemy planes like an anti-air gun slot or a fighter slot that others may have. Her Sword Launch skill helps her use focused-targeting torpedo bombers to deal staggeringly higher damage than most torpedo bombing carriers. She's superficially similar to Ranger, especially since they both have BFG flight decks to emphasize the trope's namesake.
- Additionally, she provides the worst air control value of all fleet carriers with fixed air wing compositions despite her respectable aviation stat due to the awful air control modifier on her torpedo bombers and complete lack of fighters. As such, she contributes comparatively little to the fleet's air defense either actively or passively.
- Gun Accessories: The stock of the gun she wields in her wedding dress practically belongs in an art museum. The top of it has a lavishly decorated scene depicting the "Starter Squad"note of destroyers.
- Iconic Item: One of her skills has her attacking with Swordfish plane-launched torpedoes, regardless of if you have them equipped or not. They were the weapons that crippled the mobility of the Bismarck and as such, slows down all enemies on screen. The 818 squadron swordfish plane (based on this) allows other carriers to inflict slow.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Her ability is to launch some additional Swordfish alongside the normal airstrike, which will results in massive amount of torpedoes when combined with her air wing consisting of two three-plane squadrons of torpedo bombers and one two-plane squadron of dive bombers.
- Ms. Fanservice: Ark Royal has very generous proportions and looks calm, cool, and elegant, all of which her summer and formal skins (a very revealing swimsuit and a tiny black dress with Live2D gainaxing, respectively) play up heavily, and which is also sometimes played up for promotional materials. Queen's Orders even refers to her as a "Deplorable Beauty" in its first chapter.
- Not Me This Time: When Cygnet's clothes go missing in the event for her swimsuit skin, the C-class sisters and Foxhound track them to Ark Royal's dorm. Assuming that her lolicon habits finally went too far, they don't buy her alibi of being out on work all day & even contemplate reporting her. It takes Vampire explaining how the wind blew them through Ark's open window to clear her.
- Peek-a-Bangs: In her Default CG and her "Guardian of the Ball" Special, her short, black hair is styled to cover basically the right side of her face. Averted with her "Coast Watcher" Summer CG, and her "New Year's Protectress" Special CG.
- Status Infliction Attack: Her Sword Launch skill slows down all enemies on the screen for eight seconds and to boot launches additional planes.
- Steampunk: Ark Royal's outfit and especially her rigging, which is covered in brass piping and detailing, are clearly inspired by steampunk.
- Uniformity Exception: The only Royal fleet carrier that isn't blonde/platinum blonde. She and Unicorn are also the only non-blonde Royal carriers.
- The Ghost: The youngest sister, Indomitable, was mentioned by Illustrious at the end of the Empyreal Tragicomedy event, and Indomitable herself was finally added in the Pledge of the Radiant Court event in May 2022. Justified as she was built last.
- Ms. Fanservice: All four sisters are clearly made to be this in design, outfit, and personality.
- Illustrious has long legs, large chest, and dresses that highlight them for the most part.
- Victorious' is more based on her Greek styled outfit (based off of the image of Nike on the ship's badge) which highlights her own legs and chest (which, while less than her sisters', is no way lacking)
- Formidable's opts for a Gothic Lolita-styled dress with an Impossibly-Low Neckline.
- Indomitable's white dress emphasizes the Impossibly-Low Neckline even more than Formidable, as well as showing off her legs and enormous bust size.
Voiced By: Sora Amamiya (Japanese), Jad Saxton (English), Edurne Keel (Latin American Spanish)
- ID: 145Rarity: Super RareArtist: Yumesaki Kaede"Good day to you, Commander. Illustrious, at your service. May love and peace be unto this ocean, and the holy light shine upon you~ Huh? I too am in need of that mysterious light you say?"
- Badass Pacifist: Some of her lines suggested that she didn't want to see unnecessary conflict. Her skill applies a shield to frontline ships to absorb damage. Nevertheless, she can kick ass as hard as anyone else when situation calls.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Illustrious is very nice, sometimes to a fault. In the spin-off light novel Episode of Belfast, Illustrious is the first to taste Warspite's charred scone, praises it as a masterpiece, keeps her smile even after her lost consciousness. However, she can be pretty cunning if she wants to be. It was her that saw the Sardegnian attempt to backstab Azur Lane coming, and she prepared for it.
- Cool Big Sis: While there's nothing in her lines, fans like to believe that Unicorn sees her as this, resulting a number of pieces with them together (some of which becoming loading screen art). It helps both have the same artist. However, Unicorn herself talks about protecting her if she's in the same fleet.
- Unicorn's lines in the English version have her refer to all the fleet carriers as her big sisters, but she singles out Illustrious by name in several of them, hoping to be like her when she grows up.
- Queen's Orders backs up the fan theory, with Illustrious acting like an older sister to Unicorn, and Unicorn wanting to grow up to be like her, even calling Illustrious her big sister.
- D-Cup Distress: One of her lines has her ask the commander if they could pick up a handkerchief she dropped, because she'd lose her balance if she tried to pick it up. Another has her ask the commander if they've seen where she left her planes, only for them to turn out to be right in front of her, and she didn't notice because "something" blocked her line-of-sight.
- Deflector Shields: Her main skill gives the front line a shield (durability it based on her max HP), which can soak up damage, even allowing "upon getting hit"-type skills to trigger.
- Gag Boobs: The game makes a lot of jokes on her chest: some of her lines have a few gags about their size as well as "soft landings". If put into battle with Victorious, she will remark that Illustrious is "way too well endowed". Even her skill icon has emphasis on her chest.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Her facebook announcement post did say something about her ignorance of her own attractiveness. She doesn't seem to understand what Victorious meant by saying "knocker". Her skins don't have anything to overly flaunt her charms unlike say Taihou. Her interaction invokes an image of a flirtatious lady, but she is... enough said, purely innocent at heart.
- Magikarp Power: In lower chapters, her plane loadout would not contribute much to the fight: she either deals meager damage or otherS will have finished the fight before she can even launch her planes, thus her role was mainly support at this point (and even in this role, Unicorn or Shouhou would mostly do better than her). But with the coming of Air Superiority mechanics, she suddenly becomes extremely useful in plane-infested chapters, due to the fact that her contribution to AS stats is unrivaled by any carrier at the same level so far.
- She's Got Legs: Her alternate skins reveal that her legs are as notable as her chest. Even her normal skin somewhat uses this, as the lower half of her skirt is slightly translucent.
- Stone Wall: Illustrious is one of the few carriers with heavy armor and her skill gives the frontline temporary bonus hitpoints equal to a percentage of Illustrious' own considerable hitpoint pool when she launches an airstrike. However, Illustrious's offenses are lacking due to her airwing consisting of two fighter squadrons and one torpedo bomber squadron, compared to the most common fleet carrier airwing of one squadron each of fighters, dive bombers, and torpedo bombers. Though bomb-carrying fighters can mitigate this, her damage output is still relatively low given her rarity and aviation stat.
- Support Party Member:
- Her main use is her Armored Carrier skill that gives the front line a temporary shield equal to up to 10% of her hitpoints, and to this end, she often prioritizes reload speed over raw damage to keep the front line protected as much as possible.
- With the introduction of the air superiority mechanic, her fighter-heavy airwing and high aviation stat means that she provides an unmatched amount of air superiority, head and shoulders above even other super rare fleet carriers.
- The Tease: Partially subverted, since her actions never drift towards sexual innuendo, it's just how she is: honest and naive to the core. Still, one of her lines has her ask the commander if they can feel her heartbeat through the palm of their hand, her crush line has her ask if they want to try a "soft-landing", and her "special touch" line in her "Never-ending Tea Party" skin has her tell the commander that they can't act that way... at a tea party. Such things lead to people misunderstand her.
- Token Religious Teammate: Interestingly, a number of her lines have her refer to "the light" in a way that implies it's something she worships, at one point referring to it as "the holy light".
Voiced By: Eriko Nakamura
- ID: 146Rarity: Super RareArtist: Yumesaki Kaede"I'm Victorious, an aircraft carrier belonging to the Royal Navy. Go on, sing my praises! For so long as I, the symbol of victory, am with you, all should go well for you!"
- Balance Buff: Her "Victorious Song" Skill on the Dec 22nd update extended its "damage against Battleships" effects extended to a lesser degree to all carriers/light carriers of the same fleet.
- Combat Aestheticist: Her lines often refer to fighting beautifully, even in defeat with her defeat line referencing "accepting defeat with dignity".
- Challenge Seeker: Very downplayed but she expresses displeasure over a very easy win in her MVP line. This is actually also referenced in "Winter's Crown", where one of the reasons why she was unwilling to deliver the killing blow to Tirpitz is because she had been softened up by a previous encounter prior to their mutual engagement.
- Also referenced in "Scherzo of Iron and Blood", where she notes that she isn't sure if she wants to finish off Bismarck, once Bismarck is reduced to a state where she can't fight back. Fittingly, Bismarck and Tirpitz were sister ships.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Her feet are covered by ankle wraps in her default appearance. Her "Goddess' Day Off" appearance, on the other hand, depicts her wearing a pair of black high-heel boots.
- The Dreaded: Played for laughs. The playable Victorious is apparently this to the playable Tirpitz, who refuses to play with her despite her promising not to do anything to Tirpitz. Considering the fact that she's apparently bombed Tirpitz's room at least once for refusing to play with her, and threatens to do it again, you really can't blame Tirpitz for being suspicious.
- Historical In-Joke: Her stranger line has the Commander remark that he knows of her from the Battle of Trafalgar, only for her to tell him that he's thinking of someone else, who's completely unrelated to her.
- Her record against both Bismarck class battleships is reflected in a skill of hers which basically boosts damage against battleships and reduces damage from them (rather the arching shots they fire) by up to 20%.
- Her Sortie line with Saratoga is based on how both ships' liaison officers didn't think well of the other ship, with Victorious' criticizing the armor structure but praising their ability to make lunches better.
- The fact she has lower speed and reload than her sisters may reflect lingering damage from Kamikaze ships that while minor was never repaired during the war.
- Genki Girl: She's rather enthusiastic, particularly of the planes she got from the Eagle Union.
- I Was Just Passing Through: How she treated her actions in the hunt against Bismarck (her bombers scored a torpedo hit), noting "she didn't intend on winning battle honors".
- Martial Pacifist: Downplayed. She comments that war is ugly and the olive wreath she wears is a symbol of peace and beauty, and that she doesn't like violence, but she admits it's often the quickest solution to many problems, is completely willing to fight, threatens to knock the commander out cold if she's upset with them, and threatens to bomb Tirpitz's room if she doesn't come out and have fun with her (and she's apparently done it before).
- Overrated and Underleveled: While praised in story for her abilities and considered a heavy hitter, in gameplay she is a mixed bag: while her stats and efficiencies are generally pretty good, she has "raid carrier" (up to 25% chance of double damage), a skill far more likely to be found on a lower rarity ship than an event Super Rare ship. This makes her the overall weakest Illustrious-class sister.
- She's Got Legs: Her art shows them off pretty well and unlike her sister, not overshadowed by other things.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: She spared Tirpitz, but she was so badly wounded that planes from a nearby base finished her off anyways.
- Support Party Member: After the December 22, 2020 patch, she shares half of her damage buff against battleships with other carriers and light carriers in the same fleet.
Voiced By: Rie Kugimiya
- ID: 147Rarity: Super RareArtist: Kincora"Good day, Commander. I am Formidable, third ship of the Illustrious class. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
The personification of the Illustrious-class aircraft carrier HMS Formidable. She first appeared in the Empyreal Tragicomedy event.
- Beneath the Mask: While she generally tries to act calm and ladylike like her sisters, she's actually more temperamental and laid back in nature, shown in a special set of lines (a first for AL) post oath that has her being honest with the commander. Fitting for one of the youngest sisters. She also briefly lets it slip if defeated:Why you miserab- Ahem! You are truly worthy adversaries, but next time victory will be mine!
- Berserk Button: She does not take well to being called (or implied to be called) heavy or any other synonym thereof; both Carabiniere in Empyreal Tragicomedy and U-556 in Slow Ahead witness this firsthand.
- Calling Your Attacks: After Carabiniere makes the dire mistake of calling her "lumbering", Formidable invokes her enemy-stopping skill "Don't Move an Inch!" by name, which stands out because the shipgirls very rarely actively invoke their skills outside of gameplay.
- Glass Cannon: In terms of her air wing she is one, as the bulk are torpedo bombers with her weakest slot being able to use dive bombers or fighters.
- Historical In-Joke: Her taking weight-related implications badly is a nod to an incident at the actual ship's launch where the things keeping the ship in dock broke and the ship launched itself, incurring a few casualties. While her thrill-seeking nature might be a reference to her role in the Battle of Cape Matapan, where she became the only aircraft carrier ever to participate in a gunnery dual as part of a battle line.note
- Macross Missile Massacre: When equipped with Fairey Albacores, she gets an additional wave of Albacores when she launches an airstrike, similar to Ark Royal, but due to Albacores dropping three torpedoes each, Formidable launches even more torpedoes than Ark Royal does with her additional Swordfish.
- Shout-Out: The combination of her clock/time-theme and her gothic dress makes her look to be a shout out to Kurumi. Also to DIO after the particular scene and her skill.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Illustrious; white against black, demure against temperamental, and their initial plane loadouts are the inverse of each other's. Even their defensive support skills have opposite targets.
- Status Infliction Attack: Her skill "Supporting Wings" can inflict flooding damage on enemies if she's equipped with a Fairey Albacore.
- Successful Sibling Syndrome: Her ladylike facade and some of her post oath lines (like asking which of her big sisters you like better) show some sizable hints of this going on. Ironically, in gameplay she is agreed on to be the strongest sister of the three.
- Support Party Member: Her kit has a few ways to support others, like her now infamous enemy stop skill (with a 100% first/80% normal proc rate when airstriking), which would make certain attacks easier to land. She's also able to slightly reduce the damage the backline takes with each airstrike.
- Sweet Tooth: Her Love Affinity line mentions she's fond of cake, while one of her post-oath lines has her mention she enjoys the sweets at her sisters' tea parties, but not the atmosphere.
- Thrill Seeker: In her "Like" affinity and her extra secretary quote, she admits that maintaining her ladylike persona can be overbearing and that she would rather be doing something fun. In Slow Ahead, she slips out of the 2nd Anniversary party just to go play on the beach.
- Weapon of Choice: Downplayed but one of her skills give Fairy Albacore planes up to 15% efficiency and a up to 100% chance of having a special plane barrage (wide firing of torpedoes) that can inflict flooding with a 80% chance. Downplayed because the planes are still sub-optimal and the special barrage is far more useful for mob clearing than boss fighting.
- Weight Woe: Her Berserk Button. Mentioning anything to her that even remotely has to do with her weight is a one-way ticket to the seafloor.
Voiced by: Miku Itou
- No.: 553Rarity: Super RareArtist: KincoraI am the fourth ship of the Illustrious class, armored carrier Indomitable. *Yawn*... I seem to be getting a bit drowsy... Would you mind if we continued this later?
- Buxom Is Better: Is the bustiest of her sisters, which is saying something since all her sisters are also this trope. Her self-introduction implies it's because her design was modified for increased hangar capacitynote .As the fourth member of the Illustrious class, of course I'd be somewhat different from my sisters... Hey, I'm talking about hangar capacity here, not service history or repair length.
- Horned Humanoid: The branch like protrusions from her head resemble horns, not to mention those... things on top of her head that somewhat resemble Ninomae Ina'nis' "octopus ears".
- Lazy Bum: She's often daydreaming and letting her mind wander rather than doing work.
- My Greatest Failure: She has a special line if sortied with Prince of Wales and Repulse, referencing how she was supposed to be with them during the mission where both were sunk off of the coast of Malaya. She wasn't able to go because she ran aground in Kingston Harbor and had to undergo repairs.I swear to stand with you this time!
- Sexy Backless Outfit: It's not usually visible because of her pose, but Kincora's design sketches show that her dress is open at the back, leaving most of it exposed.
- Signature Headgear: Two branch-like protrusions from the back of her head. It's not totally clear if they're actually part of her head or removable, since some small points that might be them also appear in her maid skin which otherwise doesn't have them.
- Stance System: Her skill "Together We Shine Brighter" gives her this:
- All Illustrious-class ships in the same fleet (excluding herself) receive an AVI and ACC bonus.
- When sailing alongside Prince of Wales or Repulse, she receives an AVI and ACC bonus.
- If none of the ships listed above are present, and she is the only Illustrious-class carrier in the fleet, she receives an AVI bonus.