Eagle Union | Royal Navy | Sakura Empire | Ironblood
Eastern Radiance | North Union | Iris Libre | Vichya Dominion | Sardegna Empire
Others | Sirens
Ship Prefix: USS
Representing the United States Navy; a member of the "Azur Lane" alliance with the Royal Navy.
Eagle Union ships tend to have high firepower with skills such as Full Firepower. Their cruisers favor guns above torpedo and have a variety of powerful anti-air options, while their aircraft carriers have high offensive air power. Some of their ships tend to lean towards the defensive side with skills such as Vice Defense and emergency self-heals.
Unlike the Royal Navy and the Sakura Empire, there's no real solo faction focus, having a mix of powerful stand alone units and units with non-faction specific buffs. This allows you to mix them with other units rather decently. This has changed with some of the more recent units in 2019, which include more faction-specific tools.
- She's Got Legs: Both sisters are leggy by destroyer standards
Artist: Huo Yi
Voiced by: Miyuri Shimabukuro
- I am the destroyer, Dewey. Please let me know if there's anything I can help you with. Dewey will do her everything in her power!
- Named After Someone Famous: Named after George Dewey, the only person ever awarded the rank of Admiral of the Navy, a rank equated to that of a six-star admiral and basically the equivalent of the Army's General of the Armies.
- Rare Random Drop: Only drops in Level 13-3 (every late in the main story)
- Support Party Member: Slightly reduces damage taken by carriers and light carriers and has a partially mutual support with Gridley with Dewey getting a firepower buff while buffing the other destroyer's firepower and reload.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She loathes typhoons. Considering she lost two sisters, Hull and Monaghan, during Typhoon Cobra, this is to be expected. This is also the same typhoon responsible for the loss of USS Spence.
Artist: Huo Yi
Voiced by: Ayaka Ouhashi
- Greetings, my name is Aylwin. I'm actually quite talented at nautical navigation, so please allow me to be your guide.
- Buxom Is Better: While only clear in her aquarium date skin, she is rather shapely for a destroyer, particularly among Eagle destroyers (which besides Mullany, not known for curvy ones). She also agrees with the sentiment as she wishes to grow up to be like Lexington.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She sure is one, though she does have her limits (saying at "upset" that if the commander doesn't improve, even she'll leave.
- Single-Target Sexuality: She seems to take to the commander quite fast.
- Support Party Member: Slightly reduces the damage carrier and light carrier take.
- Weight Woe: She doesn't like when people call her chubby but doesn't have any other issues. This relates to the fact that well developed girls are prone to being called chubby by other kids.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
- Boring, but Practical: They don't have particularly fancy skills or stellar stats or a particularly amazing EX barrage, but they're cheap to run, easy to get, and their Baptismal Flames skill gives them good endurance in PVE. As such, it's common to tack one of them on to a "1:1" farming fleet to give it some more evasion and firepower at very little additional oil cost.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Both only wear one thigh-high stocking prior to retrofit and have Mismatched Eyes. Downplayed after retrofit, when they wear both stockings, but only one garter.
- Glass Eye: As a result of damage suffered at Pearl Harbor, both Cassin and Downes have a fake eye (Cassin's left eye and Downes's right eye) that is implied to be, if not glass, at least non-functional. The fake eye stands out by having an extra ring and a light colored pupil.
- Heal Thyself: Both have the Baptismal Flames skill, which restores 15% at base and 25% at max of their health once they fall below 20% health.
- Last Chance Hit Point: Once per battle they can restore their HP if they fall below 20%.
- More Dakka: Both possess a barrage skill and gain Quick Reload during retrofit, which can significantly boost their rate of fire when it activates.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Cassin is the calm blue oni to Downes's action-loving red oni.
- Moveset Clone: They have exactly identical stats and skills, both pre- and post-retrofit, besides a minor three-point difference in Luck.
- We Can Rebuild Him: Both were extensively rebuilt after their hulls were badly damaged by fire during the attack on Pearl Harbor, though Downes talks about it much more than Cassin.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A, post-retrofit only.
Voiced by: Nana Harumura
- Nice to meet you, I'm Cassin. If you've no business with me, I'd like to enter the docks
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: Raising up her affection level high enough has her comment that she's getting annoyed at the commander acting gentlemanly with her and takes it as a sign that they don't find her attractive.
- Badass Bookworm: Cassin would rather be in her room reading books, but that doesn't stop her from kicking ass with the rest of the fleet.
- Hikikomori: Cassin would really rather spend all of her time in her room and her login quote is "Even the Commander cannot make me leave my room... ". Furthermore, her Japanese dialog specifically calls her a Hikikomori.
- Sleepyhead: Other than stay in her room and read, Cassin would also generally much rather be napping than out fighting.
Voiced by: Ayano Niina
- Hey! Are you the Commander? I'm Downes. Nice to meet ya!
- Chuunibyou: A lot of her personality is dedicated to what she perceives to be cool, such as how she frames having been rebuilt, as well as her love of blowing stuff up.That's right, Commander: 'I am only half of my original self.' Sounds super cool, doesn't it!
- Hot-Blooded: In contrast to Cassin, Downes is eager for a fight (and a chance to cause some explosions).
- Idiot Hair: Downes's ahoge emphasizes that she's much sillier than her sister.
- Large Ham: Downes will loudly boast of her greatness if she's MVP.
- Pointless Band-Aid: Downes wears a band-aid over the bridge of her nose at all times, presumably because it looks cool, but it does highlight her boisterous nature.
- Skunk Stripe: Gains two narrow red stripes in her hair on retrofit, presumably simply because she thought they looked cool.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Downes has a passion for explosions rivaling Megumin's. Her focus on explosions and apparent disregard for safety measures is likely a reference to how her fuel tanks exploded in the attack on Pearl Harbor, which resulted in the damage to her, Cassin, and Pennsylvania.
- What Have I Become?: As her affection level goes up, it's apparent that even if she's never heard of the Theseus' Ship Paradox, she's feeling some distress over it, as she wonders if the Commander will return her affection even though more than half of her body has been rebuilt. Still, if she receives an Oath Ring, she'll tell you that even if her body isn't whole anymore, her heart still is.
- Boring, but Practical: Like the Mahan-class, they don't have any fancy skills nor particularly good stats, but they have the same Double Torpedo skill some of the Sakura Empire ships have, making them good early-game picks until better options come along. In addition, Gridley has a skill that increases the torpedo power of all destroyers in the fleet, while Maury has a skill that lets her evade attacks for a short duration.
- Four-Girl Ensemble: This class has a sports theme going on with them, with Craven as the cheerleader, McCall as the watergirl, Gridley as the photographer, and Maury as the athlete.
- Moveset Clone: Craven and McCall are almost identical, with only about 40 HP, a single point in Evasion, 3 points in Speed, and 3 points in Luck making Craven very slightly better at level 100. Everything else, from skills to efficiencies, is identical.
- Square Race, Round Class: Unlike most destroyers of their faction, which lean towards guns in some fashion, the Gridley class has theDouble Torpedo skill, something mainly found on Sakura ships.
Voiced by: Narumi Shinohara
- Nice to meet you, Commander! I'm Gridley. I'm Saratoga's escort ship~! She's, like, super cute!
- Camera Fiend: Always seen with her camera. In both the game and anime, she's even shown carrying it around in combat.
- Stalker with a Crush: She is this for Saratoga, considering she did escort her at least once during the war. Some of her pictures of Saratoga are in a less-than-professional light, and Saratoga's character quest is framed by Gridley's pictures "narrating" Saratoga's growing relationship to the commander.
Voiced by: Ayano Niina
- Second ship of the Gridley-class, Craven, reporting in. Leave the halftime cheers to me!
- Art Evolution: Her special skin shows how her artist has advanced since he first made them.
- Iconic Item: Her cheerleader baton which looks like a lance in her chibi form.
- Pom-Pom Girl: The cheerleader of the Gridley-class. This trope is shown in full effect with her special skin.
Voiced by: Nana Harumura
- Hello, Commander. You can just call me McCall. My hobbies are sleeping, daydreaming and eating popsicles - please assign me to somewhere peaceful, thank you.
- Dull Surprise: The most stoic of the four Gridley sisters. Her voice lines are typically delivered in monotone and she's lazing about so much that she's even the chibi mascot for restocking food in your Dorm.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Never seen without her ice pops.
Voiced by: Konomi Kohara
- You can just call me Maury. Reaching a maximum speed of 42.8 knots, I hold the Eagle Union speed record in track and field. Oh, but... marathons aren't for me...
- Collection Sidequest: She's unlocked as a playable ship only after 10 total stars have been obtained from the other Gridley-class ships note — a free copy is then given as a reward, and future copies can be obtained from the build menu to help with limit-breaking.
- Passionate Sports Girl: Really likes talking to you about her running, even in her introductory line.
- Super Speed: Claims to have a top speed of 42.9 knots, which translates to her main skill increasing her evasion by at least 40% for a short duration.
- Animal Motifs: Cats. Sims and Hammann both have cat ears and their personalities are very catty (Sims being playful, Hammann being Tsundere).
- Little Bit Beastly: Both ships in this class have cat ears and tails despite all of them not being Sakura Empire ships. Artwork and descriptions tend to also be at odds with one another on this topic. For example, one can see the headband on which Sims' fake cat ears are attached to in her retrofit, and the description for Hammann in Crosswave also says that the ears are fake. This doesn't explain the tails, nor explain how the Live2D for Hammann's swimsuit outfit features animated ears and tail. The anime complicates things further by showing that Hammann's tail is directly connected to her tailbone and not something she's wearing.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Both sisters have something on them that has the american flag colors, usually a tie.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Mikako Komatsu
- So you're my Commander, huh. Hmmm~ I'm the Sims-class destroyer's name ship, Sims. Ehehe, I look forward to working with you.
- Smoke Out: Gains the Smokescreen skill post-retrofit.
- Smug Smiler: Generally has this expression and tends to be a bit condescending towards the commander. And appears to get even smugger post refit.
- Troll: Appears in her lines, and in Hammann's story she trolls Hammann quite a bit.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Asuka Itou
- Hey! Don't give Hammann that stupid look, you pervert! ...It's because I'm cute? Did you really think just praising me would make me happy? Idiot!
- Boobs-and-Butt Pose: Her summer loading screen art has her in this pose.
- Butt-Monkey: In the Anime. It's not as bad as San Diego, but she's also a butt of quite a number of jokes too.
- Deadpan Snarker: Some of her lines can be outright condescending. This gem, for example:"Are you actually going to have me open the rewards for you?" (Of course, you can't actually have her open the rewards since you're the one who has to push buttons on the interface screen, you big idiot.)
- It's Personal: With I-168. One of her idle lines has her saying that she will "teach her a lesson". She's probably not too serious about it though considering that they're now on the same team.
- Jerkass: Being a Tsundere, this is somewhat of a given. She's not really the most pleasant talker, is verbally abusive to the Commander, and have some serious anger management issues. Even when you get to marry her, she is still this but graciously accepts your pledge to her, anyways.
- Stance System: Her skill is to temporarily increase her Anti-Air but losing some firepower.
- Luminescent Blush: Always has these on all of her portraits. Then again, she's almost always either angry at the commander or embarrassed, usually in relation to supposed perversion.
- Meido: Her outfit is akin to one, with a frilly skirt and all.
- Support Party Member: She reduces flagship damage by a percentage. This is a nod to her taking a torpedo trying to protect a disabled Yorktown in the Midway aftermath.
- Third-Person Person: In her Japanese lines, she always refer to herself in third person. The cute variant.
- Tsundere: Almost to the point of being a Shana Clone. In fact, it seems like her tsundereness is her way of showing affection, given that she can't even care to be angry with the Commander if her affection is at "Disappointed".
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A, except on her swimsuit outfit.
- Animal Motifs: Rabbits. Benson is a Playboy Bunny, Bailey is an energetic bunny, Laffey is a lazy rabbit, and each of them have rabbit ears.
- Little Bit Beastly: Subverted. While the class has rabbits as motif, those that appear to have rabbit ears are wearing fake ones, or wear ribbons to make them look like rabbit ears. Bailey doesn't even wear one, instead she goes with hairclips and rabbit decorations (though unlike her sisters, she outright calls herself a bunny).
- Third-Person Person: Both Laffey and Bailey tend to refer to themselves by only their respective names, emphasizing their childishness.
Voiced by: Manami Numakura
- Yahoo! Commander! Aren't you charmed by how cute and risque I am? Huh? W-who am I? ... Hahaha... My name is Benson... It's a pleasure to meet you...
The personification of the destroyer USS Benson. She is one of the monthly login reward ships along with her sister Bailey.
- Animal-Eared Headband: She wears one, which she claims is real. She gets rather livid when the Commander tries to take it off her.
- In the Name of the Moon: Some of her lines have Sailor Moon references. Get her upset, and she'll invoke the trope name:Oh evil being who conspires against cuties... in the name of the moon, I will punish you!
- Playboy Bunny: Looks the part minus the overly sexual themes usual to this trope.
- Status Buff: Her Air Raid Assistance skill increases the damage of all carriers in the fleet, and stacks with all other skills with the same effect such as retrofitted Long Island's Air Support skill.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Maria Naganawa (Japanese), Tia Ballard (English)
- Benson-class destroyer Laffey, awaiting orders These ears aren't real, so please stop staring at them so much
The personification of the destroyer USS Laffey.
- The Alcoholic: This has become an Ascended Meme after several official references have been made.
- Slow Ahead hints she was drinking more than oxycola.
- The Lunar New Year Celebration mini-event where she and Prinz Eugen are obviously drunk; and in the Flower Festival event, she outright asks where the alcohol is.
- One of the login screens during "The Solomon Ranger" event features Laffey trying to add not-Jack Daniel's whiskey to whatever Z23, Javelin, and Ayanami are trying to make.
- Badass Longcoat: She's wearing a sleeveless one in her retrofit clothing, fitting with how much stronger she's become.
- Berserk Button: Laffey doesn't appreciate it when the commander is touching or staring at her hair decorations.
- Blood Knight: She admits she's not really motivated by anything except fighting. This might be what's causing her usual disposition. She's arguably a deconstruction of the trope, as her boredom outside of combat has turned her into a perpetually bored, tired alcoholic.
- Fanservice Pack: While her "assets" stay the same, her outfit does become skimpier post-retrofit.
- Gun Fu: Invoked after retrofit. Completed with John Woo character style posing with two pistol-style turrets and a Badass Longcoat. Heck, her Super Mode gained from retrofit is outright about shooting faster and shooting more.
- Possibly used as a Historical In-Joke for her Dying Moment of Awesome in her service history. During The Naval Battle of Guadalcanal, Laffey almost crashed into IJN battle ship Hiei, and with a battleship on her stern, a second on her port beam, and two destroyers on her port bow, Laffey fought the Japanese ships with her three remaining main battery gunsnote in a no-quarter duel at point-blank range. Laffey unleashed her torpedoes and, using all her firepower, raked the battleships bridge(see Red Baron). Laffey was then blasted by a 14-inch shell from Hiei and a torpedo in her fantail for her trouble, resulting in an violent explosion that ripped her apart. Her close quarter, almost bersereker like last stand earned her a Presidential Unit Citation post sinking.
- Guns Akimbo: Upon retrofit. She's even seen posing with them or twirling them constantly.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Has well-balanced stats compared to the other starters, and post-remodel she has one of the highest reload stats in the game, allowing her to fire her weapons faster and proc her skills more often.
- More Dakka: Her special barrage post remodel ups her reload by 200%, enabling her do a good amount of damage through sheer volume of fire.
- Rapunzel Hair: It doesn't look like it at first, but her hair is really long.
- Red Baron: Her primary skill calls her the "Wargod of Solomon" for an incident in which, during the First Naval Battle of Guadalcanal, Laffey came within 20 feet of colliding with Hiei, which was then incapable of depressing its guns low enough to hit Laffey, which used the opportunity to rake Hiei's superstructure with gunfire, badly wounding Admiral Abe and killing his chief of staff, badly hindering his ability to command.
- Sleepyhead: She is often so sleepy to the point of speaking almost in monotone. Some of her lines imply that it's the result of her being bored out of her mind when there isn't anything to fight.
- Starter Mon: One of three available starters in all three servers of the game along with Javelin (all three servers) and Z23 (CN and NA) or Ayanami (JP).
- Took a Level in Badass: Not just stat wise but in her remodel's art, she's seen with a more serious expression and in an action pose. (That said, her refit does also make her ridiculously powerful, especially with investment into her new skill.)
- Trademark Favorite Food: Well drink as her chibi has drinking from a bottle as an animation. While it's said to be an energy drink, fans have different ideas, and some official material agrees.
Voiced by: Eri Suzuki (Japanese), Dani Chambers (English)
- I'm Bailey, a Benson-cla... Wait, no, I'm a bunny! Commander, have you seen any of my sisters?
The personification of the destroyer USS Bailey. She is one of the monthly login reward ships along with her sister Benson.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She refers to herself as a little bunny (or a Rabbit Alien) and constantly references Planet Bunny. What's Planet Bunny or a Rabbit Alien? Whatever it is, it's so odd that the commander investigates in her character quest.
- Cute Witch: Her Halloween skin has her dress as a young witch girl.
- Hair Decorations: Wears bunny hairclips and has bunny decorations in her skins.
- Idol Singer: She wants to become an idol, as revealed during her character quest.
- Irony: Despite claiming to actually be a bunny, and being the only one of the sisters to do so, she's the only one that isn't wearing fake bunny ears, instead wearing a hair clip that look like a bunny head.
- Magical Girl: With a dash of Stage Magician in her retrofit skin.
- Oblivious to Love: Does not quite understand her commander's affections, though not to the same extent as Renown.
- Smoke Out: Her Smokescreen skill increases the evasion of all frontline ships within an Area of Effect at the start of battle and every 15 seconds thereafter, similar to the skill with the same name as the C-class ships have.
- Status Ailment: Her retrofit skill Disturbance Shooting reduces a random enemy's attack speed and damage within a short duration.
- Boring, but Practical: The Fletcher class doesn't particularly stand out for stats, but they have the lowest oil consumption in the game, making groups of high-level (no limit breaks more so, particularly in Chinese AL) Fletchers popular for farming, especially in conjunction with the similarly low-cost Erebus Class monitors. the big thing is Fletcher's skill set which gives a sizable boost to their stats.
- The Ghost: Fletcher's massive number of siblings are in the Commander's fleet, as revealed in Cleveland's character quest, even though there's "only" a dozen of them in the game proper so far. Apparently the Fletchers like to play together, and nearly 180 ships in the same wheat field would be a safety hazard.
- Moveset Clone: Out of thirteen total Fletcher-class ships in the game, eight of them have extremely similar movesets:
- The Common trio of Aulick, Foote, and Spence. Aulick has a higher reload at level 100 (at 178), the trio have different Luck Stats (62, 67, and 20 respectively) and all other stats and skills are identical.
- The Rare trio of Thatcher, Radford, and Jenkins are a downplayed example, since there's a fair bit more variance in their stats. Their differences are that they have 1712 or 1733 HP at level 100, 154-157 Evasion, 175 or 182 Reload, and 42-45 speed. But everything else, such as their gun efficiencies, Firepower or Torpedo stat, and their Full Firepower skill are identical.
- The Rare duo of Bush and Kimberly both have the Anti-air Vigilance skill instead of Full Firepower, but can be grouped as their own moveset clones as a result. Bush has 2 more Firepower, 6 more Anti-Air, but one less Torpedo stat than Kimberly, and again those are the only differences.
- Nice Hat: The Beaver Squad's feathered cap, which is reminiscent of the actual Little Beaver Squadron's mascot in real life, Little Beaver, and his Native American headdress.
- Sailor Fuku: The Beaver Squad and Fletcher wear the same type of sailor uniform and feathered cap, with the exception of Fletcher who has her hair tied in a yellow ribbon instead (as she wasn't part of the Little Beavers in real life).
- The Squad: The "Little Beaver Squadron": Aulick, Foote, Spence, Thatcher, and Charles Ausburne. Collecting them and limit breaking them unlocks rewards culminating in the meta-defining Little Beaver Squadron Squadron Tag which increases fleet-wide speed by 20% after 17 total stars have been obtained from these destroyers note .
- Token Adult: Kimberly and Mullany are older-looking than the other Fletchers, even big sis Fletcher herself, and resemble teenagers or young adults (or cruisers) instead of children. They're noticeably taller (and bustier in Mullany's case) and swap out the Sailor Fuku outfits for shorts and jackets.*
Voiced by: Manaka Iwami
- Hm? You think we've met before? I get it You know, I have over 100 sisters who look like me! I'll be following your orders from now on, Commander.
- Badass Boast: She states that the fleet should overwhelm the enemy with sheer number. Considering that there are 175 Fletcher-class destroyers in real life (not yet implemented into the game), her boast has merit.
- Cool Big Sis: A somewhat younger one than usual, but she cares a lot about her massive number of younger sisters, and remembers all of their names. To reflect this, one of her skills boosts the firepower and evasion of any other Fletcher-class destroyers in her fleet, and another boosts the firepower, torpedo, and reload stats of all destroyers in her fleet.
- Hair Decorations: Has her hair tied on a yellow ribbon.
- Massively Numbered Siblings: A part of her character is watching over all of them and knowing all their names (an impostor was caught when asked to name them all). Fitting, as the Fletcher-class was and is the most numerous class of destroyer ever built. She wonders if their parents were rabbits.*
- Meganekko: She wears a pair of green framed glasses.
- Support Party Member: Her Sisters' Temperament skill increases the firepower and evasion of all Fletcher-class units in the party, making her the core piece of the Fletcher Fleet, a low-cost party designed to farm early-to-mid-game maps for as low oil cost as possiblenote . She has a Destroyer Firepower buffing general skill on top of that.
- Vapour Wear: Unlike the others in her class, her Sailor Fuku is backless and sideless (for some reason), revealing that she isn't wearing a bra.
Voiced by: Mariya Ise
- I am Fletcher class's Radford. Commander, do you want some lolipops?
- Oral Fixation: Lolipops. She's almost always eating one and even offers the commander some.
Voiced by: M*A*O
- I'm Nicholas, the first Fletcher-class ship to be launched I'd rather stay in the base than sortiiiie Can I just do that insteeeead?
- Big Little Sister: Strongest stat wise (particularly with her remodel) and historically the first to be completed in spite of being being started later.
- Gender-Blender Name: Nicholas, a typically male name, is applied to a female ship.
- Mismatched Eyes: Has a Red/Gold heterochromia.
- Red Baron: The Nick, which shares it's name with one of her skills.
- Sleepyhead: A bit more pronounced than Laffey since her chibi has animations of her nearly dozing off.
Voiced By: Sayaka Kaneko
- Yoohoo~! You the Commander? You look kinda weaksauce, though~! Name's Bache! I'm joining this fleet, starting today! I'll take good care of you, so just kick back and get ready for my greatness!
- Bare Your Midriff: Reveals a good bit of her tummy in the base skin, but takes it even further with her collaboration skin.
- Fan Disservice: Despite being designed with fanservice in mind, the fact that the character looks pretty young makes this rather uncomfortable at times for some players.
- The Fashionista: She thinks of herself as this as she looks down upon other fashions (to the point of acting like she doesn't know her sisters).
- Gold Digger: She appears to have a fascination with money, and given she's designed as a stripper this might be expected.
- Gyaru Girl: Taken to quite some extent compared to other examples in the game, but she thinks it's being fashionable for an adult. This extends to her bike which was customized by her to garish extents.
- Nice Girl: Oddly, for all that she looks like a pimp or prostitute, she is actually pretty darn nice and willing to look after the Shikikan even if she hits the disappointed level of moral.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Appears to have been designed like this heavily in looks. Her personality does have her trying act adultlike, she does have some notion of naughtier things.
- Stripperiffic: Literally — even her base skin has a shade of her looking like a stripper, but her biker skin takes that Up to Eleven, with all the banknotes in her Who Wears Short Shorts? and her bike's license plate being "617CH" in the original reveal before it was censored to "61700" just before the maintenance was done.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Giving Alabama and Jean Bart a run for their money on the short shorts department.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B, in her "Gorgeous Speed-Star" skin.
Voiced by: Yuna Yoshino
- *Tsk* Greetings... I hate greetings. But I suppose it's a formality... Hello, Commander. I'm Foote...
- Lazy Bum: Pretty much everything is a drag for her.
- Perpetual Frowner: Only because everything annoys her all the time.
Voiced by: Yuna Yoshino
- Huh...? C-C-C-Commander...Hello...Spence h-has been wanting to talk to you... b-but didn't have the courage to...
- Fear of Thunder: She's afraid of storms, with good reason, as Typhoon Cobra sunk her.
- Prone to Tears: Pretty much her default expression. She's shy and frightened by almost everything, and very emotional.
- Shrinking Violet: The cause of above expression, very easily spooked. This might be a reference to being the only Little Beaver lost during the war.
Voiced by: Ruka Nemoto
- Hi there, Commander! I'm Thatcher. Want to play a game with me?
- The Prankster: Likes playing pranks, with Spence being her usual victim. One of her Secretary lines even has her laughing at Spence's reaction after doing something to her.
- Status Buff: Her Full Firepower skill increases her firepower for a short duration. Combined with Fletcher's supportive skills, her guns can pack quite the punch.
- I am the Fletcher-class destroyer, Kimberly. From today onward I will be one of your subordinates. Pleased to meet you.
- Nice Hat: Wears a sailor hat similar to her sisters, though hers is black with blue and white trim.
- Qipao: Like her sister Mullany, she launched in the Lunar New Year event with a skin for this.note
- She's Got Legs: Kimberly's are quite long and shapely, nicely accented by her shorts, stockings, and boots.
- Workaholic: Nearly all her lines revolve around being as efficient and capable as possible, with little regard for things beyond how well they will benefit your campaign. By increasing her affection, you get her to consider her life beyond fighting.
- Zettai Ryouiki: A solid Grade B.
- Hello Commander, I am Mullany of the Fletcher Class. From now on we'll be living together. I will be in your care~
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: She has a fondness for cooking, though sometimes the things she cooks can get out of hand.
- Critical Status Buff: Her Miracle in the Flames skill grants her a period of increased evasion once per battle when her HP drops below 25%, as well as reducing the damage she takes from fire.
- Ms. Fanservice: Is quite busty & curvy for a destroyer, especially in comparison to the rest of her sisters, and her crop top & shorts show off plenty of her midsection, plus what looks suspiciously like nipples beneath.
- Nice Girl: Even when upset, she mulls over the difficulty of cooking for someone they don't like. Considering how some of her cooking comes out, it's a kind response compared to tricking someone into eating an "odd" dish.
- Qipao: Like her sister Kimberly, she launched in the Lunar New Year event with a skin for this.note
Voiced by: Yuna Yoshino
- Yaay! It's so great to meet you, Commander! Just call me Aulick! What was that? I said Aulick! My name is Aulick!
- Dub-Induced Plot Hole: The joke about being called the wrong name makes less sense in the English-version, as the reference to Oreo cookies was removed.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: A bit literal in that she always complains about being called an Oreo cookie (in the non-English versions), though eventually comes to take it as a compliment.
- Third-Person Person: Refers to herself as Aulick, at least in the English translation.
Charles Ausburne (DD-570)
Voiced by: Satsuki Morita
- Nice to meet you, Commander. I'm Ausburne, the leader of the Little Beavers. Are there any bullies here? I'll give them a taste of my retribution!
- Bully Hunter: The above quote says it all. She often talks about fighting people who prey on the weak. This is most likely a reference to the fact that the Little Beavers did a lot of patrol and escort work, as well as going in range of Japanese shore defences during the Solomon Islands Campaign to provide fire support and suppress enemy defences for the troops on-shore.
- For Great Justice: Often refers to herself as an ally of justice. She introduces herself as a Bully Hunter.
- Gender-Blender Name: While all of the Eagle Union destroyers are named after men, most are simply named after their namesakes' last names, but Charles Ausburne is named after her namesake's full name, masculine first name and all.
- Super Speed: Her 31-Knot Burke skill increases the speed of the entire fleet within a short duration, allowing slower fleets, such as one with two heavy, cruisers to move faster. A nod to Admiral Arleigh "31-Knot" Burke, who used Charles Ausburne as DESRON 23's flagship, and was known to keep all destroyers running at boiler-bursting speeds. Ironically, the nickname was originally an insult, the result of him not having them move at their maximum speed, which was over 34 knots, due to the USS Spence having lost a boiler due to a maintenance mishap, resulting in the squadron being limited to only 31-knots. It eventually became a compliment, referring to his aggressive naturenote .
- The Leader: Of the "Little Beavers". She's by far the most assertive, straightforward, and combative of the squad (...admittedly featuring Spence, Thatcher, and Foote with Aulick as the only other serious member).
Voiced by: Nozomi Sasaki
- Commander Eldridge has arrived.
- Astral Projection: According to Queen's Orders, she sometimes does this involuntarily when she sleeps. It usually happens if she sleeps somewhere close to another power source.note
- Emotionless Girl: She hardly ever display any emotions on her face, instead she says it directly.
- Expressive Hair: Her ahoge is sometimes used to convey her emotion.
- Fragile Speedster: While technically she has slower movement speed than average destroyer (since destroyer escorts don't have high speed by design), she does have high evasion and if her skill activates, all of your escort ships can dodge all bullets fired at them.
- Idiot Hair: She has a big one, which also glows at the tip.
- Shock and Awe: She can discharge electricity from her body. This feature, along with her skill, is a reference to the Philadelphia Experiment.
- Third-Person Person: Almost always refers to herself as Eldridge. Hers is one of the few that survives into English translation (except for one line).
- Verbal Tic Name: Not her, but her school skin cat is creatively named "Meow Meow" as revealed in "Sakura School Festival".
Light Cruisers (CL)
- More Dakka: Except for Richmond, all of them have the "Quick Reload" skill that gives a chance to lower reload time.
Voiced by: Juri Kimura
- Omaha-class cruiser Omaha! Greetings, Commander~ You could say Im the elder of the fleet, hoho~ Shoudnt you give me something as a gift for our first meeting?
- Weight Woe: Many of her lines express concern about her figure, arising from the many refits the original ship experienced.
Voiced by: Juri Kimura
- Im the Omaha-class light cruiser Raleigh, please sign here on this contract from now on, Ill be relying on you, Commander.
- Sensei-chan: Despite her youthful appearance many of her lines make reference to doing training.
Voiced by: Kohara Riko
- Hi, are you the Commander? Aha, that's great - I'm Richmond, please look after me.
- Buxom Is Better: She's rather busty, and wears a strapless top to show it off.
- Catgirl: Wears a pair of headphones with fake cat ears on them.
- Support Party Member: Instead of "Quick Reload", she has "Artillery Command - Cruiser" that increases the damage of all cruisers.
Voiced by: Kana Yuuki
- Light cruiser Concord, reporting in. Do I like lollipops and ice cream-- huh? Does the Commander always like to gaze at people's feet? Hehe.
- Animation Bump: One of the first few ships to have multiple expressions in her splash art, and she has them for both her base skin and her festival skin.
- Buxom Is Better: Seems even curvier than Richmond, with her large breasts extremely obvious even in her festival skin...despite the fact that kimonos normally obscure a woman's breasts.
- Catgirl: Like Richmond, she wears a pair of cat ear headphones. While she takes them off for her festival skin, she does still have them with her.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Her personal quest culminates in attempting to avert this. In part six, she can cook, but her food is neither appealing looking nor well-balanced in flavor — she always puts too much sugar.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Star-shaped pupils.
- Foot Focus: Her default skin has a closeup of her shoeless foot, and her festival skin has her not wearing her sandals. Lampshaded in her introductory quote. This is very natural with her artist (who favors feet in his art)
- Girlish Pigtails: Her hair emphasizes her childish love of sweets.
- Gyaru Girl: Of the Kogal variety and mildly at that.
- Oral Fixation: Always seen licking something.
- Sweet Tooth: Always has some kind of sugary foodstuff on her and frequently talks about this sort of thing.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Overall, they all have a balanced stat distribution for a Rare light cruiser — average HP, evasion, and anti-air defensively, but a high amount of Firepower (the tie-highest for a Rare CL, equaling the Glass Cannon Achilles and Ajax cruisers) to make use of their trade-off of a secondary gun mount instead of a torpedo slot. All three sisters have a way of buffing their Firepower through their singular but different skill — Brookyln's support skill, Phoenix's defensive one, and Honolulu's purely offensive one.
Voiced by: Lynn
- I'm Brooklyn. Commander, I'm an elite cruiser so leave the foreign affairs to me.
- Support Party Member: Her main skill increases the damage dealt by all cruisers in the party.
- Sexy Secretary: Despite her looks, she's very serious about her position as secretary ship, a nod to being a diplomatic ship. This has caused her to be given glasses in various pieces of fanart to complete the look.
- However, if touched inappropriately, she will complain that a diplomat is different from a secretary.
Voiced by: Lynn
- Are you the Commander? I'm Phoenix. That's right, the legendary Phoenix! Do you have what it takes to lead me?
- Blood Knight: She is always looking for strong opponents.
- Fiery Redhead: Flaming red hair, and very Hot-Blooded.
- Genki Girl: Whether it is battle or in the dorm, she is always excitable.
- Last Chance Hit Point: Once per battle, her main skill heals her and briefly boosts her damage output when her HP drops to 20%
- Shout-Out: Is a fountain of Mobile Fighter G Gundam references.Phoenix (Low HP): My hand is calling out to seize victory!
Voiced by: Yoko Hikasa
- Honolulu, Brooklyn-class cruiser, reporting in. Hey, could you please stop staring? I-it's not like my breasts are big just because I want them to be
- Covert Pervert: While it seems like her fanservice is all the result of the universe conspiring to embarrass her as much as possible, a closer inspection reveals that Honolulu is not completely free of fault. The most damning evidence is her Christmas skin, in which she mentions "special Christmas lingerie" note and being very reluctant to explain to the Commander just what she was planning to do with those ribbons while partially undressed...
- She doesn't get mad if the Commander gropes her chest (highly unusual for a tsundere) and even comes to like having big breasts upon realizing the Commander might like them big. Her swimsuit of choice is a pretty bold black bikini. Upon marriage she tells the Commander he can do whatever he wants to her when they're alone.
- D-Cup Distress: Right in the introduction. She's actually quite insecure about them, since everyone is always admiring them or being jealous of them, that she sometimes feels they are more important than who she is as a person, and at times feels like they are the only attractive thing about her.
- As her affection increases, she doesn't mind them as much, mainly because the Commander likes them.
- Besides the social insecurity, she also complains about shoulder pain during "Sakura School Festival".
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Her summer skin is basically a take on paizuri, except with a water hose.
- Foil: To St. Louis. St. Louis is blue-themed, while Honolulu is red-themed, although this is not the case of Red Oni, Blue Oni. St. Louis is a friendly and outgoing woman, while Honolulu is shy and reserved. St. Louis didn't have any problem with her body figure, while it is a major concern for Honolulu, unless her affection for her Commander is high enough.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: In her school skin, she has a teddy bear. In "Sakura School Festival", she talks to "Teddy" and is embarrassed when the Commander discovers its existence. The commander also gifts her one in her personal story.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite her somewhat prickly personality, she will sometimes remark about how Helena always looks so sad, and tell the Commander that they should try to make her laugh. Both ships took part in the Battle of Kula Gulf, where the USS Helena sunk, and survivors from the Helena's crew were transferred to the Honolulu.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: Most of her skins are of this nature as the fanservice is at her expense. And in the remarks of her school outfit has her choosing a spot so no one stares at her.
- Tsundere: Claims she was born with that attitude. Ironically, despite the above trope, she doesn't actually get mad if the Commander touches her breasts, simply because they're being so direct she doesn't even feel like getting angry.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade S.
A class of ships that are practically a subclass of the Brooklyn Class, thus they share many similarities.
- Strong Family Resemblance: The two resemble each other quite a lot, especially when you compare them to their Brooklyn-class sisters, who each look completely different outside of their outfits (up to Brooklyn being a Dark-Skinned Blond while all the others are fair-skinned).
- Buxom Is Better: Played straight with St. Louis and her appearance in media. Downplayed significantly with Helena, even though her bosom, although smaller than her big sister, is not small in any way (as her appearance in "May I Have This Dance?" skin).
St. Louis (CL-49)
Voiced by: Yoko Hikasa
- Hello, I'm St. Louis. People used to call me Lucky Lou. Don't you think this is your lucky day, finding me like this, Commander?♪
- Anti-Air: Her anti-air stat is exceptional, like most USN cruisers. One of her skills increases her anti-air stat at the cost of her firepower, which can be mitigated if her Lucky Lou skill is also activated.
- Badass Boast: Boasting that her luck is second to none (only when her HP is low). A bit ironically in-game, as her luck stat is just above-average at 65, not sky-high like Enterprise or Yukikaze. This makes her a lot tankier than her little sister Helena, but not to the point of Cleveland-class or Belfast. Still, coupled with her skill, it is more than enough to ensure that she will not only be able to deal damage reliably, but she will also have enough sustainability to dish out her firepower.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: A special chapter of the Slow Ahead has her selling Official dakimakuras of herself and others at YoStar's booth at Comiket, much to Unicorn's chagrin, given she's one of the subjects of such merchandise.
- Cool Big Sis: To Helena. It is unknown, however, how much Helena acknowledges this (her younger self idolizes her). Still, as an older sister, Louis does care and worry about Helena's well-being. In one instance when her affection towards you reach "Upset", she will tell you to at least spare Helena.
- Cute Little Fangs: She shows her fangs in her chibi form when bathing or "dancing" on stage furniture.
- Foil: To Honolulu. St. Louis is blue-themed, while Honolulu is red-themed, although this is not the case of Red Oni, Blue Oni. St. Louis is a friendly and outgoing woman, while Honolulu is shy and reserved. St. Louis didn't have any problem with her body figure, while it is a major concern for Honolulu, unless her affection for her Commander is high enough.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Downplayed but her acquisition line above makes a remark about being lucky. The player would have to be lucky to land her as she's either in light construction (which is crowded with ships of her rather high rarity) or a drop in 10-3.
- Lightning Bruiser: If her skill "Lucky Lou" is activated, she is this, as her skill greatly increased both her evasion and firepower at the same time.
- Malaproper: One of her secretary lines has her reminding the Commander that "the feud chair is unpredictable", possibly meaning the Fed(eral) Reserve chair, as her namesake is home to the headquarters of the 8th Federal Reserve District. And, of course, a joke on the saying "the future is unpredictable".
- Miss Fanservice: Shapely, clad in a way that emphasizes her curves regardless of skin.
- Nice Girl: Despite her somewhat flirtatious attitude, she is clearly one. She loves and care much her little sister, is quite nice towards the commander and others, and tries to encourage Arizona to not let what happened at Pearl Harbour wear her down.
- Red Baron: Lucky Lou, which is the name of one of her skills, which buffs various stats.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: While not on Atago's level, she isn't shy about her looks and her reaction to being inappropriately touched is being mildly upset that it was done in public. Honolulu calls her "Bold".
- Stance System: Her Anti-Air Mode, which increases her AA stats at the cost of her firepower, although this is somewhat negated by her Lucky Lou skill, which has a chance to increase her firepower.
Voiced by: Tomoyo Chuujou
- Nice to meet you Commander. I'm Helena. My strong suit is enemy reconnaissance. Please... guide us towards victory.
- Companion Cube: Plenty of her lines have her referring to her SG radar set as if it were alive.
- Please Don't Leave Me: Her defeat line, which is a reference to her fate as USS Nicholas and USS Radford had to abandon the rescue operation of her crew, after sinking at Kula Gulf, in order to pursue the enemy.note
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: The main reason she's always sad and quiet is due to having taken part in some of the worst battles of the Pacific War, including Pearl Harbour, the Guadalcanal Campaign, and Kula Gulf. Combined with the fate of her crew, it's taken a bit of a toll on her mental health.
- Supreme Chef: Appears to be this.
- One of Honolulu's lines for her school skin has her ask if the Commander wants to eat lunch with her because he likes her, or because he really just wants to eat the food Helena made for her, while Cleveland asks if the Commander wants some of Helena's pumpkin pie in her Halloween skin.
- One loading screen has her prepare some cake for Laffey.
- Target Spotter: Her Radar Scan skill gives a Damage-Increasing Debuff on all enemies on the screen.
- Took a Level in Cheerfulness: Her New Year skin has some lines of her being notably more cheerful than before. Her Party Skin takes this to its max, with the help of the Commander and her friends, all of her original sadness has been wiped out and replaced with genuine happiness.
Voiced by: Tomoyo Chuujou
- How should I do my hair today~? Huh? Wh-who are you? Why are you in my room? Huh? This isn't my room...? Eh? Ehhhh...?!
A younger version of Helena added by complete surprise in June 2019.
- Big Sister Worship: Her admiration of St. Louis is clear in her lines and her desire to be a lady just like her.
- The Cutie: Even with her Shrinking Violet tendency, she likes to put focus on her cuteness in several lines.
- Crippling Overspecialization: The entire class is very good at swatting planes out of the air at the cost of having low firepower and torpedo, despite being some of the rare few torpedo cruisers from the Eagle Union.
- Stance System: Like their cousins in the Cleveland-class, Atlanta and Juneau possess the Anti-Air Mode skill, which sharply increases their own Anti-Air stat at the cost of lowering their Firepower for a short duration. Since they already have high anti-air stats and low firepower note , this lends to their overspecialization.
- Support Party Member: Atlanta and San Diego have skills that buff friendly ships' anti-air; Atlanta's affects only cruisers passively, while Sandy's affects the entire fleet for a limited time when its chance to activate occurs. Juneau trades in an anti-air buff for a sacrificial heal when she's sunk.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Girly Girl to the Cleveland-class ships' Tomboy.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Aranami Kazusa
- I'm the anti-aircraft cruiser Atlanta. Kept you waiting, huh, Commander? But from now on, you can rest easy and let me handle everything!
- Cool Big Sis: Tries to be one to the commander, emphasis on TRIES. Is one to her little sisters, even giving her share of any mission rewards to them.
- Zigzagged in The Solomon Ranger event, where she tells Portland that one of her little sisters is a dork (San Diego, who is a dork) and the other is a crybaby (Juneau, who hasn't been sunk yet). However, she does admit that she does think they're cute, and while she does somewhat like being away from San Diego, because it means she's able to hear herself think for once, she admits that she prefers to be with them, though she is nowhere near as obsessed with them as Portland is with Indy.
- If sortied together, San Juan will actually call her out for trying so hard to be one and putting too much emphasis on being a big sister.
- Little Big Sister: The oldest of her class, but smaller than San Diego in certain areas. She is aware and not exactly happy to be reminded of it.
- Ludicrous Precision: During The Solomon Ranger event, she states that Portland has stared at Indy's photo 105 times and sighed 115 times since they started the mission.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Juri Kimura
- I-I'm Juneau... I'm a cruiser... I'm scared of pain... *Sob* And I'm scared of you, Commander...!
The personification of the light cruiser Juneau. The most timid of the sisters.
- Bad Dreams: She often got a nightmare of meeting five mysterious figures, subverted after her affection gets high enough and she finally could reach out and 'meet' them, they wished her well and she becomes sad. After all, they were five of her famous crew who went down with her.
- Cowardly Lion: In the Ashen Simulacrum event, despite her crying out of fear when faced with the Sirens, she refuses to back down from a fight against Purifier, and even manages to score the winning shots on her.
- Hates Being Alone: Likes to sleep in with the commander as a way to cope with her Bad Dreams.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In a sense as she has a skill ("War Martyr") that heals everyone else upon her defeat in battle.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: In Ashen Simulacrum, not only does she hold the line against Purifier, she's the one who cripples and forces the Siren to retreat.
- Love Redeems: Pledging her helps her come to terms with the loss of her crew and the trauma around it.
- Prone to Tears: Gives Spence a run for her money as the most scared Eagle Union ship. Given the events around her sinking, it's no wonder. note
- However, during The Solomon Ranger, which recreates the Battle of the Eastern Solomons which took place about three months before Juneau was sunk, Atlanta refers to her as a crybaby, meaning that she may have already been like this to some degree before her sinking, though the sinking obviously made it far worse.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: As mentioned in the Prone to Tears notes, she has some serious trauma due to the circumstances of her sinking, probably even beating Yorktown. note
- Shout-Out: Definitely does not look like Ilyasviel von Einzbern.
San Diego (CL-53)
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Asuka Itou (Japanese), Bryn Apprill (English)
- Hello, I'm San Diego! I'm the cruiser who received the most stars in the Second World War! (Giggles), self intro done!! I'm great, aren't I!
The personification of the light cruiser San Diego. Easily the most popular of the three Atlanta sisters both in-gamenote and in real lifenote .
- Ace Custom: On remodel her normal barrage goes from "Full Barrage - Atlanta class II" to "Barrage - San Diego", replacing the shots with stars with slight homing and raises the shot requirement to 16 (this is to account for the significantly increased volume of fire she'll have)
- Annoying Younger Sibling: While Atlanta does prefer to be with her sisters, she also likes being able to hear herself think, which she can't do when Sandy's constantly orbiting around her.
- Ascended Meme:
- Her memetic status was actually recognized by the devs who made a video with a legion of her clones complete with a stage with her copies of back up dancers. That same stage was given to players in the mail so they too can give any shipgirl a legion of San Diego back up dancers when put on the front of it.
- The English version's third server is aptly named Sandy, although other versions have servers using her full name.
- The sheer amount of Memetic Mutation around her led the devs to give her a remodel, making her the first ever playable ship beyond SSR rarity - Ultra Rare.
- Butt-Monkey: In the anime, she is this, with terrible luck at every turn.
- Buxom Is Better: A close look at her normal skin and her Christmas skin show that she's pretty well endowed. Her remodel skin makes it very clear. This may be a nod to the ship's top heavy (with AA guns) design.
- Com Mon: She's the SSR Com Mon of construction pool. This, combining with her Idol Singer status, makes her very comparable to Kantai Collection 's Naka, and shares the same timer (1:10:00) and VA as Girls' Frontline 's IDW (but shares it with no highly desired units unlike said Catgun). She is generally received better due to her high medal value (and after her remodel, her effectiveness as a unit). And if you plan on going for said remodel, you'll need a lot of her — four extra copies for limit breaks, and three extra copies for the retrofit process. note
- Crippling Overspecialization
- Has the highest Anti-Air stat in the game, and her I Am No. 1! skill increases the party's Anti-Air stat, which means she can increase her own even further, all at the cost of terrible stats in all other attacking areas. This is in a game where plane nodes are rare up to the last few levels, and even then other ships can also swat planes out of the air without sacrificing firepower and torpedo.
- Her post-remodel Song of the Stars skill increases her Anti-Air stat even further, but also has a high chance (capped at 100%) to fire a barrage of star-shaped ammo on the screen. This ends up subverting the trope since her remodel raises her firepower stat so that it's only outdone by certain other refitted ships.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: While she is definitely cute, her singing is so terrible that it knocks Gridley out, and Atlanta comments that one of the benefits of being deployed away from Sandy is that she can finally hear herself think.
- The Ditz: She is not the brightest bulb in the pack; an example would be the Christmas skin having her be unaware of how she was wrapping herself in microphone cord. Her biography reveals that she has no idea what stars are... or America, despite the Commander knowing what it is (In fairness to her, this is actually reference to a Chinese meme. See Lost in Translation below).
- Dreadful Musician: Despite her aspirations, she is such a horrible singer that Gridley outright faints from her attempts in "The Holy Night of Love and Peace" mini-event.
- Everyone Has Standards: Even her dimness doesn't diminish her dislike of the Commander should you upset her:"Don't come any closer, Commander! Stupidity is contagious!"
- Idol Singer: One of the most glaring examples.
- Leitmotif: I Am No. 1!, befitting her status as the game's Joke Character (who turns into an outright Lethal Joke Character post remodel).
- Lost in Translation: The joke about her not knowing what America is. In the English and Japanese versions, it seems like it's just her being a ditz. In the original Chinese version, it's a reference to a Chinese company called American Shengdiyage, known in China for a hilariously over-the-top commercial[[Invoked]] for a brand of fertilizer, which San Diego's chibi will occasionally pull out a package of while in the Dorm. Shengdiyage is the Chinese name for San Diego, both the ship and the citynote .
- Magikarp Power: It can't be emphasized enough how mediocre she is for an alleged Super Rare ship due to her Crippling Overspecialization before her retrofit; her only argued use was on the very small number of extremely plane-heavy maps, and even then there's other ships with more well-rounded stats so she wasn't a first-choice for most players. After her retrofit, she becomes one of the strongest light cruisers in the entire game for general usage in addition to vaporizing planes. Among Anti-Air Light Cruiser, it takes the release of Seattle to have a ship comparable to her post-refit self.
- More Dakka: Post-refit the combination of being able to use Destroyer guns, having an additional main gun mount, and a high reload stat make for a lot of shots coming from her. And this is before her two barrages come into play.
San Juan (CL-54)
- I am San Juan, Atlanta-class anti-aircraft cruiser number four. I've served as a support unit for the Eagle Union's carrier fleets. You seem like a person up to your ears in work, Commander... so I now offer to support you!
- Bilingual Bonus: Being the boat that represents Puerto Rico, her English lines are sprinkled with some Spanish, as Boricuas often do, including her special touch line, where she tells you to keep your hands to yourself in Spanish. However, these lines where eventually removed, and now her lines are only in English.
- Nice Girl: While she can be strict at times, she's extremely supportive of the Commander, doing her best to help them with their work and keep them on track. If the fleet she's in is defeated, she tells the others to retreat while she stays behind to cover them.
- Only Sane Man: Is the most normal of the sisters seen thus far, though it causes her to worry about standing out. She's quick to address her sisters' quirks if in the same fleet with them, and worries that they may be causing the commander trouble.
- Support Party Member: Her "Air Navigation warning" skill has a chance of boosting the anti-air stat of all eagle union ships in the fleet.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A
Li'l Sandy/Little San Diego
Voiced by: Asuka Itou
- San Diego, making her shining debut! She shoots, she scores~ Yaay! Hehe, only a genius like me could come up with a one-of-a-kind intro like that!
The second surprise Eagle Union "child" ship released in June 2019. She aspires to be an idol.
- Big Sister Worship: Maybe not worship level, but if she sorties with Atlanta, she will insist on getting attention from her.
- The Ditz: More so than regular Sandy as she'd wonder what to do next after asking.
- I Hate Past Me: Inverted on both counts; when with her older self, she calls them both the strongest.
- Boring, but Practical: While their skills aren't really flashy or amazing, their very solid statlines make them very dependable frontliners.
- Foil: To the Atlanta-class light cruisers. They're gun light cruisers with very well rounded stats with very few weaknesses. The Atlanta-class are torpedo light cruisers who heavily focus in anti-air at the cost of their other offensive stats.
- Stance System: The Cleveland-class ships possess the Anti-Air Mode skill, which sharply increases their own Anti-Air stat at the cost of lowering their Firepower for a short duration, a drawback which can be mitigated or negated completely by their other skills or that of their allies as well as leveling the skill.
Voiced by: Saya Horigome (Japanese) Kristen McGuire (English)
- Pleasure meeting you, Commander! I'm Cleveland, a knight of the sea! Come on, time is money! We can't afford to take a break!
The personification of the light cruiser USS Cleveland, and the eldest of the five Cleveland sisters.
- Ascended Meme: Her "Clevedad" fan nickname from Asian World of Warships has become one in the game.
- Bifauxnen: Her Gentry Knight skin makes her look like this to a slight degree.
- Canine Companion: Gains a pet dog named Knight in her Gentry Knight skin.
- Cool Big Sis: As far as her sisters are concerned, she's very much this. Montpelier takes it a bit further as seen below. If paired with Fletcher or Z1, she will comment on them sharing this status with her for their classes/ship types.
- Cool Shades: Will sport the "Deal With It" shades upon victory.
- Covert Pervert: Downplayed, but her main objection to the commander groping her is that they shouldn't do it in public. She also welcomes the commander back from sorties by offering him a massage.
- Embarrassing Nickname: The commander himself calls her "Clevebro" if she's set as secretary, much to her chagrin. She also hates being called "Clevedad"
- Even the Girls Want Her: During the anniversary, Helena mentions a rumor going around that "[Cleveland] can wrap any girl around [her] little finger", implying that many of the other shipgirls are attracted to her. There's also Ship Tease between Helena and her.
- Grin of Audacity: Sports one constantly, even when sleeping in chibi form.
- Historical In-Joke: Mentions in one of her idle lines that she likes trees. This references the fact that she spent almost the entire war providing coastal support for ground forces, and saw very little combat against other ships.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She's even more of a tomboy her sisters, to the point of having masculine nicknames such as "Clevedad" or "Clevebro". However, she's not a big fan of those nicknames, and in her oath skin, expresses joy over wearing a frilly wedding dress. She's also rather upset that her formal wear is a suit while everyone else gets dresses.
- Utility Party Member: Her Raid Order skill increases the damage dealt by the entire party on top of her awesome anti-air with the Anti-Air Mode skill.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Has very patriotic socks, with red and white stripes at the top and a star-strewn field of blue below.
- Wingding Eyes: Her base skin's idle animation has her pupils change to dollar signs. Unlike most uses of this trope, this seems to be simply a joke and there's not much (if any) of the usual association with greed, since her only real mention of money is her introduction of "time is money!" In her promise skin, she even throws money away in her idle animation in the dorm. Perhaps it's referencing that she's a good farming ship (as she is in World of Warships before she was bumped up to Tier 8 after CA/CL line split).
Voiced by: Saya Horigome
- I'm the Cleveland-class light cruiser, 2nd ship, Columbia~ Not the capital city, the Columbia in South Carolina! Jeez~ Like I said, it's not the Columbia with Bogotá!
The personification of the light cruiser USS Columbia, and the second of the five Cleveland sisters.
- Bubblegum Popping: Shown popping bubblegum in her artwork, and she mentions her gum in several lines.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Before being added to the game proper, art of her sans rigging could be seen at screen where you select which level of a daily raid/challenge you wanted to do, giving her the nickname of "daily raid girl".
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Only wears one thigh-high sock. According to her, the reason why is classified.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Despite her interest in things like football, she apparently also likes ballet
- Uniformity Exception: Is the only sister not to refer to herself as a knight of the seanote , and the only one not wearing a cape or something similar overtop of her shirt.
- You Shall Not Pass!: Her Flagship Protection skill reduces the damage taken by the flagship.
Voiced by: Rie Takahashi
- You're the Commander? You... don't seem too reliable. But Big Sis is here.. guess it can't be helped. Montpelier, has arrived. I'll be fine without guidance.
The personification of the light cruiser USS Montpelier, and is the most powerful (at least rarity-wise) of the five Cleveland sisters.
- Big Sister Worship: Adores Cleveland a little bit too much, but nowhere near as bad as how Portland acts towards Indianapolis, never taking it into the realm of Big Sister Attraction.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair goes down to her calves.
- Red Baron: Earned the nickname "Legend of the Solomons" for her service on Leyte Gulf, and by the end of the war, had earned 13 stars.
- Up to Eleven: In gameplay, she's this to Cleveland - she's everything Cleveland is and then some, with better stats across the board and skills that do everything Cleveland's skills do and then some.
- Utility Party Member: Her Legend of the Solomons skill is basically a souped-up version of Cleveland's Raid Order.
Voiced by: Ari Ozawa
- Hello! I am Cleveland class's Denver, the fourth knight of the sea. Before I formally join your forces, will you tell me what kind of future do you wish for?
- Historical In-Joke: One of her lines mention her would-be younger sisters were converted into light carriers. Cue Independence getting added to the roster.
- Status Buff: Her Full Firepower skill increases her Firepower for a short duration, negating the drawback of her Anti-Air Mode skill entirely.
- Uniformity Exception: She's the only one of the sisters who doesn't have red eyes. Taken further in that even their half-sister Independence has red eyes, although Bataan, their other half-sister, has blue eyes like Denver.
- Starting today, Cleveland-class light cruiser Birmingham is on active duty. I will not rest until the future of the sea is secure. Commander, grant me your guidance and support.
- I Work Alone: While she still works with the fleet, she usually keeps a distance from the other Cleveland sisters, although she does admire Cleveland.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Once per battle she can dodge all attacks for 5 seconds when her HP is 30% or lower.
- Support Party Member: She helps reduce the main fleet ships's burn duration with her "Guardian of War" skill.
- Uniformity Exception: The only one of the Cleveland sisters that isn't blonde. If you include the Independence-class, then she and Independence are the only non-blondes.
Voiced by: Saya Horigome
- Hello, my name is Cleveland! My dream is to one day join the Solomon Knights! I'm working hard towards that goal every day!
The third of the surprise Eagle Union "child" ships of June 2019.
- Big Eater: Seems very fond of chocolate and candy (and she seems a bit pudgier compared to her slender older self.) But it's in part the belief eating a lot will help her grow taller. Her chibi sleeping animation has her chewing snacks in her sleep.
- Ship Tease: To Lena, possibly to mirror increasing amount of Ship Tease between Helena and Cleveland. It is downplayed on her end, coming off as purely friends.
- Support Party Member: Able to reduce the damage she, Lena and Lil Sandy take. Also inverted in that she gets buffed when with her sisters.
Voiced by: Tomori Kusunoki
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: Her secondary slot is unique in that she can equip either CL guns and AA guns in the slot. While the C-class cruisers are able to mount AA guns on their secondary slot, there's no other cruisers in the game that can mount CL guns on the secondary slot. Also, due to her skill, mounting AA guns in the secondary slot will buff your main battery guns, and mounting CL guns will buff AA guns. This is to reflect that her design doesn't include any secondary guns.
- Nice Girl: While she likes making parties and people attend them, she'd never force someone to go and she'd try her best to have everyone enjoy the party.
- Superior Successor: To the Atlanta class (at base) with a better balance of stats while maintaining high A.A. abilities and with skills that match up well with it.
Heavy Cruisers (CA)
- Glass Cannon: The Northamptons are some of the relatively few heavy cruisers with light armor, and they have relatively poor hitpoints. However, as gun cruisers, they have a great deal of sustained firepower, and Northampton and Chicago each take it even further. Northampton boosts the firepower of all cruisers in the fleet, including herself, while Chicago has a significant chance of doubling the damage of her attack each time she fires her main guns. On the other hand, Houston mitigates it with her ability to massively boost her evasion.
- Stripperific: Their class outfit looks like they'd be at home as NFL Cheerleaders. This is a reference to the fact that they were originally designed to be light cruisers, but were reclassified to heavy cruisers due to the Washington Naval Treaty, and never got heavier armor.
Voiced by: Takao Koizumi
- Mmm, hello Commander. To think that you can accurately predict where I would appear, seems like we are quite in sync if only it's the same with Hornet
- My Greatest Failure: She very deeply regrets her failure to save Hornet at the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands.
- Odd Friendship: She's quiet, reserved, and stoic. She's also good friends with Hornet.
- Platonic Life-Partners: The game and Queen's Orders portray her and Hornet like this, in reference to her being Hornet's escort ship in real life.
- The Quiet One: Mentions that she doesn't talk much, requests people quiet down from time to time, and she rarely raises her voice in her lines.
- The Stoic: Lampshaded. She doesn't emote much, mentions she has been told she has a rather stiff personality, and that she's nowhere near as lively as Hornet or her sisters.
- Support Party Member: Northampton's Artillery Command - Cruisers skill boosts the firepower stat of all cruisers, heavy and light, in the same fleet as her.
Voiced by: Ruka Nemoto
- So you're the Commander huh, you have a face that big sis can't resist to bully~ I'm starting to look forward to the coming days.
- Buxom Is Better: Most endowed of the three ships in her class and certainly has this opinion about herself.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: As her affection progresses, she teases the commander less and less, saying that it's because she wants the commander's attention, and knows that, because of how she usually acts, he won't realise that she's serious otherwise. Of course, once you pledge yourself to her, she's free to do all the things she previously only joked about doing...
- Cool Big Sis: Is an Onee-san type that goes about displaying her affections with less restraint and shame than Atago.
- Ojou Ringlets: Sports them, but definitively does not act like one.
- The Tease: At stranger affinity, Chicago will ask if you want to have some "adult fun", before saying she's just kidding. It's also deconstructed. In her friendly dialogue, she mentions that most people have trouble dealing with people who act like her, and is surprised that you want to be her friend.
- Truth in Television: During "Moonlit Overture", she flees the Sakura Empire forces after taking serious damage, without letting Vincennes and the rest of the Northern force know there's a Sakura Empire fleet approaching from the south and heading towards them, with Quincy assuming that Chicago fell before such warning could be sent out. In reality, while she did flee the IJN fleet, Chicago never alerted the Northern force because Captain Bode, aboard USS Chicago, never attempted to assert control of his Southern group and never tried to communicate with the Northern group about the attack as they fled the area, leaving both Guadalcanal and the Northern group exposed and unwarned of the attack. Furthermore, the game was correct in noting there was an error in delegation of duty, as Rear Admiral Crutchely, along with HMAS Australia, left the Southern group, leaving Chicago, and Captain Bode, in charge.
Voiced by: Aya Yokota
- Hiya~5th ship of the Northamptons is here, during the Invasion of Palawan I once took on a whole Sakura Empire squad alone! Starting from today Commander can play with me! ~yeah☆
- Genki Girl: The most energetic of the three ships, even her introductory line has her ask to play with the commander.
- Red Baron: The Galloping Ghost of Java Coast. Her infamy is even made into a skill that massively increases her evasion rate, giving her deceptively high tankiness for a heavy cruiser with light armor.
- Status Buff: Her main skill has a moderate chance of massively increasing her own evasion rate within a short duration, up to 100% of her original stat at maximum level, allowing her to dodge a great deal for her shipclass while it's active.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Both sisters have a longer right stocking than their left.
- Historical In-Joke: Both girls are dressed rather lightly, which is a reference to their rather light armor compared to their size and armament. In game, they do have medium armor.
- Idiot Hair: Both sisters have ahoges shaped like a heart.
- Rapunzel Hair: Both sisters also have hair about as long as they're tall.
- Sailor Fuku: Both girls get serafukus for their school skins. Portland also wears one in her default skin, though she has the top pulled down. Because reasons.
Voiced by: Kaori Yoshioka
- Nice to meet you, Commander. I'm Indy's big sister, Portland. I've taken part in the battle of the Coral Sea, Midway, Guadalcanal, and the Santa Cruz Islands. Eh? Who's Indy? It's the nickname of Indianapolis, my dear little sister!
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Inverted and downplayed. If deployed together, Indianapolis' line towards her is telling her to shut up. However, Indy's higher affection lines reveal that she's willing to give Portland anything she needs (except the Commander), because Portland gives her everything she needs (and more), and that Indy actually feels a bit guilty about Portland showering her with praise, as she feels that Portland could be quite popular if she spent even a bit of time on herself rather than on Indy.
- Big Sister Attraction: Inverted. When you regularly carry around doujinshi of your younger sister, drool while thinking about how great she is, and tell your partner that admiring your younger sister comes first, you're more than a little attracted to her.
- Big Sister Worship: Inverted, with the older Portland actually being smitten towards the younger Indianapolis, and it shows through her Best Sister skill, which increases her own damage while Indy is on the field. To give an idea of how obsessed she is, she only has a single line that doesn't mention Indy, and even that one lampshades the fact that she didn't mention her.
- Boring, but Practical: Her remodel in a nutshell, no new skill is added despite being a later one, but provides all the right stat boosts to make her effective to this day with only far newer ships and the Iris and Iron Blood prototype heavy Cruisers outdoing her.
- Buxom Is Better: Rather curvy and emphasized by her outfit.
- Cool Big Sis: Despite her quirks, and her being annoying at times, Indy admits that she's willing to give Portland anything she needs, because Portland gives her everything, that she thinks her sister is more stylish than her, and that she feels guilty about Portland constantly praising her, because she feels that Portland could be popular if she just spent some time on herself. As well, in the intro to the third mission of The Solomon Ranger, Portland is shown to legitimately worry about whether Indy is taking care of herself, and is also worried that she'll be bullied because she's the quiet type. Interestingly, it also appears that Indy is unaware of her sister's attraction towards her, with one of her secretary lines having her wonder why Portland is always staring at her.
- Cuteness Proximity: She is ALWAYS dreaming about Indianapolis. Think of it when Indy is in close proximity with Portland.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Has heart-shaped pupils.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Zigzagged. While, for the most part, she's the foolish older sister to Indy's responsible younger sister, she's also shown in The Solomon Ranger to genuinely be worried about whether Indy is taking care of herself, and that she might be bullied due to her quiet nature. As well, Indy herself admits that Portland has given her everything she needs and more, showing that she works quite hard to look after her little sister.
- Genki Girl: More hyperactive than her younger sister Indy.
- Hidden Depths: Even though she's a total Ditz, and completely infatuated with her younger sister, she actually understands strategy and the importance of holding a strategic naval base. Even Atlanta was surprised. This is possibly a nod towards the fact that the ship she's based off of took part in many battles during WWII to the point where the USS Portland became one of the most decorated ships in the U.S. fleet at 16 stars.
- If It's You, It's Okay: While she is a total siscon to Indy herself, as the player gets close to her, she becomes happy to not only share her "stuff" related to Indy itself but she'll even thinks of having lots of children with the commander if maximum affection is reached, albeit in a threesome relationship with Indy.
- Magikarp Power: A minor case with her remodel. Before it, she was mainly noted to be used alongside her sister, then fell out of use when her sister's lacking damage became an issue. After it, she's a strong standalone unit who can dish it as well as take it, widely considered one of the best heavy cruisers in the game.
- Support Party Member: Has a damage reducing skill to the front line and also inverted when it comes to her sister, whom she gets a stat boost from.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Upon retrofit, she trades her Sailor Fuku for short shorts.
Voiced by: Aya Yokota
- Yes? I'm Indianapolis, my nickname is Indy Huh, a nuclear bomb? What's that?
- Artificial Limbs: Inexplicably has a pair of mechanical arms alongside her actual arms, an unusual trait for any faction besides perhaps Ironblood.
- Artistic License History: While she does get an atom bomb as reference to her historical role in ferrying components to Tinian in July 1945, the bomb in her artwork is based on the "Fat Man", rather than the "Little Boy" the historical bomb Indianapolis actually carried.
- Beehive Barrier: Her Focused Defense skill has a low chance of reducing the damage she takes by half each time she gets hit.
- Big Little Sister: Portland is her older sister, but aside from the chest she doesn't really look like it as Indy is usually the more mature and serious of the two.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: One of her socks goes to her thigh, the other doesn't even reach her knees.
- Historical In-Joke:
- Her not knowing what a nuclear bomb is despite sitting on top of one is most likely a reference to both the fact that her mission to carry Little Boy was top secret, with the bomb itself being carried in pieces, and to the fact that Indianapolis was sunk exactly a week before the bombing of Hiroshima. It should be noted that nuclear bombs do exist in universe, with at least one other ship making reference to themnote .
- If defeated, she blames it on "that damned I-58", which was the Japanese submarine responsible for sinking her.
- She mentions that, if she goes away, the commander would have to rely on New Mexico. This is most likely a reference to the fact that the commander of I-58 initially mistook her for USS Idaho, a New Mexico-class battleship.
- Mismatched Eyes: Has heterochromia (Blue eye, golden eye).
- Nuclear Weapons Taboo: Japanese version of the game removes the radiation symbol from the Fat Man bomb she's sitting on. This also effects the Global version, since it's ported from the Japanese version of the game. Also, their class collection reward was changed from Fat Man model furniture to lewd Indianapolis posters.
- Painting the Medium: To indicate her slow reaction time, most of her lines begin with an ellipses (and often contain a number of them as well).
- Stone Wall: The generally low speed and high HP of the Heavy Cruiser''-class notwithstanding, she has two defensive skills in Pandora's Box and Focused Defense. Add Portland and her Defensive Order skill and she can last really long in battle. The same can't be said about her offense though.
- The Stoic: More subdued than her older sister Portland. Part of it comes down to her having a very poor reaction time, and not being all that social.
- Stripperific: She wears a cape, a small strip of cloth that barely covers her bust, and a pair of shorts. Most likely a reference to the fact that the Portland-class was rather lightly armoured for heavy cruisers.
- A Day in the Limelight: "Moonlit Overture" is a the story of The Battle of Savo Island* , and the last stand of Astoria, Quincy and Vincennes.
- Gameplay and Story Integration: Even among other examples of the Luck Stat reflecting the story, Astoria, Vincennes, and Quincy stand out. They not only have some of the lowest Luck stats in the game at 15, 12, and 9 respectively (since they died in a truly unfortunate case of miscommunication), but this is also the (lowest-first) order in which they were sunk at the Battle of Savo Island: Quincy, then Vincennes, then finally Astoria.
- The Ghost: New Orleans herself, the lead ship of the class, is mentioned as a part of the Commander's fleet during Vincennes' character quest as Astoria rallied all New Orleans-class ships to help Vincennes' secretary duties, but New Orleans is explicitly missing (so Minneapolis also departs as the outlier to the sisterly Savo trio).
- Last Stand: Astoria, Quincy and Vincennes, against overwhelming odds, during "Moonlit Overture".
- Moveset Clone:
- Quincy and Vincennes have the exact same skills and stats besides Luck. Fittingly, as USS Quincy and USS Vincennes were built using the same design (The New Orleans-class had three different designs. The first design was made up of New Orleans, Astoria, and Minneapolis, the second was made up of Tuscaloosa and San Francisco, and the third was made up of Quincy and Vincennes).
- Minneapolis defies this as she reflects the large overhaul the surviving ships of the class got after the three ships' sinking.
Voiced by: Yoshie Sakai
- Aloha, Commander~ I'm Astoria, the older sister of the New Orleans class! If you have any concerns, feel free to discuss them with me~
- Big Sister Worship: Inverted. Just like Portland (to the point where the Commander himself comments on how Portland and Astoria would get along), the older Astoria dotes on the younger Vincennes. Though Vincennes states that Portland is far worse than Astoria, who never seems to go into the realm of actually being attracted to Vincennes, and unlike Portland she actually has a life outside of doting over Vincennes.
- Buxom Is Better: While she's a bit smaller than Quincy, she is still very nicely endowed and with more emphasis.
- The Ditz: There's a reason why Vincennes looks up to Quincy more than Astoria as the big sister. When Quincy speculates that Chicago left without a warning because of a miscommunication in delegation, Astoria's response is to ask what delegation means in the midst of combat.
- Gyaru Girl: One of her skin turns her into kogal, mildly so however.
- Hidden Depths: Some of her lines indicate that part of why she dotes on Vincennes so much is because of how little time they had together before they were sunk.
- Little Big Sister: While she seems a bit younger than Quincy, she's the oldest of the ship class.
- Red Baron: Nasty Asty, the real life nickname given to her by her crew, and the name of one of her skills.
- Support Party Member: She buffs her sisters (perhaps save Minneapolis) as well as herself with above skill.
- So Proud of You: Mentions that she's happy that New Orleans became a good older sister to the surviving members of their class.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A
Voiced by: Minami Tsuda
- C-commander... Hello... I am the heavy cruiser Quincy of the New-Orleans class. From now on I will be living with Commander. So, i-is there anything that I can help with?
- Big Sister Worship: Inverted. Just like Portland, Quincy dotes on the younger Vincennes. In fact, Vincennes reveals that Astoria and Quincy pretty much fight over who gets to do stuff for her.
- Born Unlucky: Even by the standards of ships with low luck, she takes a special cake: other than the prototype ships (who all have 0 luck due to never being built or completed) with her luck of 9, she has the lowest luck score of any ship in the game and is the only one non-prototype girl to have single-digit luck. Even the first wave of prototype ships can end up with higher luck than her via Fate Simulation.
- Buxom Is Better: The bustiest of the "New Orleans" class girls, though it's not readily apparent due to her outfit and pose putting less emphasis on it compared to Astoria.
- Pacifist: Her passive nature is due to being part of the Neutrality Patrol in the Mediterranean Sea in the Intra-war period. She was sunk shortly after joining the Pacific fleet.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A
Voiced by: Minami Tsuda
- Vincennes of the New Orleans-class... Commander, want to carry me home?
- Commonality Connection: Is good friends with Indianapolis, due to them both being quiet, low energy, and having... overwhelming older sisters.
- Lazy Bum: Though not as bad as Foote. She mentions that part of it comes down to her older sisters always wanting to do everything for her, meaning she never really had to do anything for herself.
- Sleepyhead: As noted in her character quest, she only seems to have two settings: Napping, and spacing out.
- V-Sign: Referenced in her MVP line, and she is shown doing it in both her default art and in a loading screen depicting her and her older sisters.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A
Voiced by: Yu Shimamura
- Heya! New Orleans-class Minneapolis, reporting in! I'm an expert hunter, so gimme a shout if there's prey you want me to hunt down!
Representing the USS Minneapolis, she's markedly different from the other New Orleans ships as a reference to her (and the other surviving ships of the class) having undergone major retrofits following the Battle of Savo Island, during which the other three "New Orleans" ships in game were sunk.
- Bare Your Midriff: In her standard skin, she's basically wearing a top and a skirt with nothing in-between.
- BFG: Her rigging is a gun that would make Cable proud.
- Braids, Beads and Buckskins: In her standard skin, and borderline Vaporwear to boot.
- Gyaru Girl: Accidentally at that in that her Wild Student skin makes her look borderline ganguro/mamba, although this is in part due to being a Dark-Skinned Blonde.
- Historical In-Joke: There's a reason why she's slimmer compared to her 3 sisters. After the battle in which they were stunk, the remaining ships got overhauled with one of the results being less top heavy. And her "Dullahan" skill reflects a case where she sustained damage to the point where it was a miracle she was even afloat still, followed up by the equally miraculous repairing of said damage.
- Indian Maiden: She evokes this image, particularly in her standard skin with facial tattoos, wild fur clothing, and triangular patterns.
- Last Chance Hitpoint: Her Dullahan skill activates once she falls below 30% health and reduces incoming damage and gradually heals as much as 20% of her health over the next 16 seconds, but slightly slows her down.
- More Dakka: Her Bull of the Lake Capital skill boosts her firepower and reload stats for 12 seconds every time she sinks a ship, refreshing if another is sunk before it runs out.
- Wild Child: Definitively. Even her toned down schoolgirl skin is still called Wild Student
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Nozomi Yamamoto
- Are you my commander? Okay, from today onward, you're my adviser. Use your ability to help me conquer the seas!
- Ace Custom: She is a unique ship and has the Brooklyn class hull but is equipped with heavy cruiser gunsnote , making her the opposite of Mogami. For this reason she's the collection reward for the Brooklyn class.
- Boisterous Bruiser: She is always looking for a good fight and is one of the few who doesn't get disappointed on defeat. She also considers that torpedoes are for weaklings.
- Collection Sidequest: She's unlocked as a playable ship only after 12 total stars have been obtained from Brooklyn-Class cruisers note — a free copy is then given as a reward, and future copies can be obtained from the build menu to help with limit-breaking.
- Fiery Redhead: Red hair and and equally fiery personality.
- Glass Cannon: Poster girl of such heavy cruisers with a hardly rivaled damage potential among her ship class but noticeably lower HP.
- Support Party Member: Her Artillery Command - Cruiser buffs the firepower of all cruisers in her fleet, which is especially potent with Eagle Union cruisers including Wichita herselfnote . She shares this skill with fellow Eagle Union heavy cruiser Northampton, but Wichita is definitely the better of the two with higher stats across the board and an extra offensive skill allowing her to be a solid damage dealer in her own right while also buffing the fleet.
- Take Over the World: Wichita mentions that her goal is nothing less than world conquest. Though if you reach the Love affinity with her, she admits that she initially meant it as a joke.
- Whip It Good: Has a crop-whip on her, mainly uses it to point on maps... and to threaten/punish commanders who get a bit too frisky.
Voiced by: Minami Takahashi
- Heya. Are you in need of help? I'm Baltimore, a heavy cruiser just passing by... Okay, that's enough jokes for now... Baltimore, awaiting your orders, Commander.
- Academic Athlete: In her schoolgirl skin there's not a single club that she doesn't participate in to some extent.
- Armor-Piercing Attack: Her "Final AP Drive" skill functions similar to Massachusetts, which converts any shell type she fired into AP shell, and increase their damage multiplier the higher level her skill is.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her default skin gives us a very generous look at her abs.
- Even the Girls Want Her: It is implied she has plenty of female admirers, although she lacks Cleveland's tomboy streak.
- For Great Justice: She actually gets along with really with Charles Ausburne, and like Ausburne, has a strong sense of Justice.
- Name's the Same: Brings this up, In-Universe, when she talks about Azur Lane's Quincy (CA-39), as the Quincy she knew was her sister ship (CA-71).
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Her surprised scream if you give her a Special Touch has considerably higher pitch than her usual voice.
- Shout-Out: Like the line above says, she's just a Heavy Cruiser passing throu-I mean by!
- Support Party Member: One of her skill allows her to help buff US CV/L and provide AA buff to the whole fleet, as long as there is at least 1 US CV/L in the fleet. Otherwise she gets a buff to herself.
- Art Evolution: You can tell the artist got better with the retrofits.
- Betty and Veronica: They very much have this dynamic, with Oklahoma being the "nice girl next door" Betty, and Nevada being the more exciting and more exotic looking Veronica.
- Boring, but Practical: They're two of the blandest ships in the entire game since they're common, start with a single defensive skill, and both skills are chance-based bonuses in sharp contrast to some of the more spectacular barrages that other ships can unleash. Still, they're exceptionally cost-effective yet strong (particularly post-retrofit), and they retain their use much longer than Crutch Character Renown-class ships.
- Disk One Nuke: Their refit gives them this potential as they can be fully refitted early in the game with enough work and their general attack/defense post refit is quite high.
- Mighty Glacier: Post-retrofit, both gain the Focused Fire skill, which gives up to a 30% chance of doubling the damage done by their main guns each time they're activated, which when combined with their Vice Defense skill makes Mighty Glaciers.
- Of Corsets Sexy: Both gain a corset after retrofit. Oklahoma wears a shirt under hers, but Nevada does not.
- Moveset Clone: Nevada and Oklahoma are completely identical in rarity, skills, efficiencies, and non-luck stats (Nevada has higher luck, as she survived the war, while Oklahoma was sunk at Pearl Harbor and was never repaired) pre-retrofit. Downplayed by their retrofits and post-level 100 stat gains — during retrofit, Oklahoma gains 5 more points of anti-air than Nevada does, while Nevada gets 20 more hitpoints out of hitting level 120 than Oklahoma. Still, every other aspect of them remains the same.
- Stone Wall: Their Vice Defense skill allows them to reduce the damage they would take by half for up to 8% of incoming shots, augmenting their heavy-rated armor and naturally high hitpoints as battleships. The skill (or rather, that they have it, as it isn't a unique skill) is likely a reference to how they were the first battleships to incorporate an "all or nothing" armor scheme, wherein a "citadel" surrounding all vital machinery, ammunition storage, and enough volume to keep the ship afloat, even if the entire rest of the hull is flooded, plus the main gun turrets and barbettes (the columns upon which the turrets rest) are very heavily armored, while the entire rest of the ship receives little to no armor. They cease to be this upon getting their refit skill, "focused fire", putting their offensive around the same level as their defense.
Voiced by:Yumi Uchiyama
- Are you the commander, young man? I'm Nevada. I'll be working with you from here on out.
- Badass Cape: After her retrofit, she gets a cape to show off how much stronger she's become.
- Cool Big Sis: Refers to herself as the big sister of the Nevada class in her biography. Oklahoma mentions in her victory line that this will allow Nevada to stop worrying about her (possibly...), and many of her lines seem to imply she views the Commander as something of a little brother, encouraging him to do the things he wants while he's young. One of her retrofit lines has her somewhat proudly commenting on how Oklahoma isn't as inexperienced as she once was, and that soon she's going to be independent.
- Cowgirl: While both her outfits are western themed, her post-retrofit outfit and lines focus more on this, more so than Oklahoma's post-retrofit lines, with her trading in her skirts and garters for shorts and chaps, asking if the Commander wants to go horseback riding, using stereotypical western slang (Greenhorn, young'un, wet behind the ears), and also having more references to gambling.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Not that dark-skinned compared to Tennessee, but about as tanned as California.
- Underboobs: Her post-retrofit outfit shows a fair amount of the underside of her breasts.
- Stealth Pun: She mentions gambling on several occasions. Guess what city is in her namesake state?
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Her retrofit upgrades her MVP line from simply saying the enemy's firepower and defenses are weak, to a full blown speech criticizing almost everything about them.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A with a skirt and garter straps pre-retrofit, and Grade A, but without the garter straps (which instead connect to the chaps she's wearing over her thigh-highs) and with short shorts.
Voiced by:Umi Uchiyama
- Commander...uhm, ah, sorry! I was enchanted by yo...aah no, not that, nice to meet you, I'm Oklahoma!
- Cute Bruiser: While she has some curves, she's designed to be cute, acting as an energetic younger sister.
- Love at First Sight: In her "friendly" dialog line, Oklahoma says she fell in love with the Commander at first sight.
- Nice Girl: The most common comment about her is that she's just a nice girl. Doesn't make her any less tough or dangerous than her sister though.
- V-Sign: Does this in her post-retrofit skin, with her retrofit MVP line referencing it.
- Absolute Cleavage: Both their dresses are open from the neck down to just above the bellybutton, exposing a black bra, though Arizona's is only faintly visible in her sprite.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Both sisters have dark hair, and their skin is significantly paler than most other Eagle Union ships. It befits the 40's pin up girl motif both sisters have.
Voiced by: Nozomi Yamane
- I'm Pennsylvania, lead ship of an improved Nevada-class battleships. You can call me "Sister Penn". I've sortied on countless successful missions, so you can be confident in my ability.
- Cool Big Sis: Very protective of Arizona. She also somewhat acts like this towards the commander, although she is far more stern with them at times.
- Hot Teacher: Played with. She is the "teacher" in the Lecture Hall during BB/BC/BM sessions (Wednesday)(others being Langley (CV/CVL sessions), Amazon (DD sessions) and Nagara (CL/CA sessions)). And she has a rather nice body figure to boot.
- In-Series Nickname: Helena refers to her as Penny, while she says the commander can call her Sister Penn and her barrage skill is called Big Sis Penn.
- More Dakka: Pennsylvania has the skill "Big Sis Penn!"note , which is a powerful barrage skill that can activate every 20 seconds and rain down heavy, and unlike most barrage skills, sustained fire along the same row she occupies; this is a nod to how she acquired her Red Baron status. note . Furthermore, it fires four shots of three shells, a reference to her staggering twelve 14-inch guns, more naval rifles than any other American battleship ever mounted (ironically, the only way she can actually provide twelve shells of fire in a normal attack is by equipping a British or French four-gun turret, acting as a 3x4 (three turrets of four guns) arrangement of guns, rather than her actual 4x3 (four turrets of three guns) arrangement).
- My Greatest Failure: A "blink and you'll miss it" caption, in the 2nd English trailer, shows Penn being distraught over failing to protect others during the attack of Pearl Harbor.
- One Thing Led to Another/The Tease: Upon reaching "Love" affection, she asks the commander what would he like as a reward, stating whether they choose a kiss or an "unforgettable night", both would be fine by her.
- Red Baron: In some versions of the game, she introduces herself as Old Falling Apart upon acquisition; this is a reference to the Battle of Guam, where she fired so much more munition than any other battleship during a single campaign, that she appeared to be falling apart from all the metal she was expelling.
- Rugged Scar: She has a scar right below her left eye, likely a reference to the damage she received at Pearl Harbor when Downes exploded near her.
Voiced by: Sawako Shirakabe
- I'm the second ship of the Pennsylvania-class, born during the summer, Arizona. This time, I won't let that tragedy repeat itself
- Bad Dreams: Her victory quote mentions that she hopes the nightmares go away soon.
- Combat Medic: Her firepower is decent, being a battleship/super-dreadnought, she can protect herself well against suicide boats or planes better than dedicated healers like Vestal or Akashi, and her healing power is higher than either Unicorn or Shouhou (10% maximum HP to 8% maximum HP), albeit unreliably due to 50% chance of activating. She is a fair choice for a mook-cleaning fleet if extra firepower is needed.
- Declaration of Protection: Often mentions wanting to protect her friends and allies.
- Healing Hands: Her Eagle's Tears skill has a 50% chance of healing the escort fleet's HP after firing her main gun. Add Vestal and at least one ship with the Support Carrier skill such as Shouhou or Unicorn and your frontline could last really long in battle.
- Historical In-Joke: She's frequently seen crying because the USS Arizona Memorial has a tendency to leak oil from time-to-time and these oil leaks are commonly known as the "tears of the Arizona". These are mentioned in her biography, but she says it's sad to call them tears (It cuts off just as she is beginning to explain, but presumably it has to due with oil causing pollution).
- Prone to Tears: Her character, but subverted because we never see her go beyond Puppy-Dog Eyes onscreen as expected of most ships released before a certain point.
- Support Party Member: While she's perfectly capable of doing damage, she is mostly deployed for her healing skill and rate of fire is generally prioritized for her armament over damage per second or per salvo, so as to activate Eagle's Tears more often.
- Swiss Army Tears: Her healing skills are apparently this. There is also a unique item, Pearl's Tears, which heals everyone if the holder is knocked out and which she claimed to be hers.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Tennessee fits this far better than California, but both are significantly more tanned than the majority of Eagle Union ships.
- Foil: They serve as one to the Pennsylvania class:
Tennessee: This kind of battle is quite good
- Appearance wise, they are pretty much opposites. The Pennsylvania class ships have pale skin and dark hair, while the Tennessee class ships are dark-skinned blonds. The Pennsylvania ships wear outfits that are primarily dark blue with a little bit of white, the Tennessee ships wear primarily white with a little bit of dark blue. The Pennsylvania ships have Absolute Cleavage, the Tennessee ships have perpertual panty-shots.
- Pennsylvania and Tennesee: Both are elder battleships in their class, both lost their younger sisters at Pearl Harbour, both are quite serious and start out treating the Commander as weaker than them, and both have their affection lines focusing around the Commander becoming stronger. However, Pennsylvania is kinder, starting out protective of both her sister and the other members of the fleet, and is also not as interested in combat as Tennessee. Tennessee starts out only being protective of her sister, and not being all that open about it, is a Social Darwinist, and is far more interested in combat than Pennsylvania, to the point that she's actually happy being defeated. The pair have opposite affection lines, with Penn expressing surprise and disbelief at the Commander's attempts to become strong enough to protect her (though she is flattered and happy that they are willing to try), while Tennessee decides on her own to train the commander to become stronger. Their MVP lines are also opposites:
Pennsylvania: Tsk... winning like this is so dull...
- Arizona and California: Both are the younger sisters and both were sunk at Pearl Harbour. Otherwise, they are complete opposites: Arizona was never raised, and is almost always crying, but is also quite serious, wants to protect others, and is determined to make sure nothing like Pearl Harbour happens again. California was recovered and rebuilt, and is cheerful, energetic, and playful.
- Panty Shot: Due to the angle of Tennessee's character art, there's a perpetual panty-shot. California also has one, but not nearly as much as her sister.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The two are Moveset Clones of each other in statlines with one (major) difference being the lone skill each possesses: Tennessee has a defensive skill while California has an offensive one. This also applies to their personalities, with the cheerful, energetic California being the Red to the more serious Tennessee's Blue.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tennessee is the former while California's the latter.
Voiced by: Rina Sato
- You're the Commander? Hmm looks like you have a lot of potential, this way I am motivated as well. Ahh, forgot about introducing myself I'm Tennessee, remember that?
- Cool Big Sis: To California.
- Hidden Heart of Gold:
- Despite her strict and serious demeanor, California reveals that she always comforts her after she scolds her, and even the scolding is simply because she wants her to do better.
- As well, her acquire line has her state that the commander has potential, and that she will help them to achieve their dreams, while her affection lines are her training the Commander to be stronger.
- Social Darwinist: She claims "Survival of the Fittest" is her motto. That said, she does not take it to Blood Knight levels like some of the other girls.
- Status Ailment: Her Coercion skill reduces damage dealt by the enemy for a brief period.
- Worthy Opponent: She says this when defeated.
Voiced by: Rina Sato
- Hello, Commander. I am California. It's not good to brag, but I'm actually quite strong you know. Do look forward to it~
- BFG: All 3 ships were members of the "Big Seven" group (the seven battleships permitted to have a 16-inch main battery under the Washington Naval Treaty), and like all members of the "Big Seven" have the "Big Seven" barrage skill, which has a chance to activate every 20 seconds.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The 3 Colorado-class sisters got revamped art for the JN/EN version of Fallen Wings, leading to a case of You Don't Look Like You for Colorado and West Virginia, though the new art for Maryland does somewhat resemble her original art.note
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: They are likely this, given their very pale skin, red eyes, goth outfits and fangs in some of the expressions; they even have anchors taking the place of crosses.
- Goth: Their redesign makes them look like this, given that they're likely vampires, it makes sense.
- Historical In-Joke: Their new artist put a lot of effort into making their designs fit their history:
- After Pearl Harbour, they were given a dark coat of paint for night camouflage, which is why they all have a dark colour scheme.
- West Virginia was sunk at Pearl Harbour but was refloated, which is why she's portrayed as undead.
- Maryland's fiery personality and love of battle reflect the fact that the historical battleship inflicted a lot of damage and kills on the Japanese, earning her the nickname of "Fighting Mary"
- The Darkness Gazes Back: Their chibi forms can have their eyes and the upper part of their faces covered in shadows and glaring menacingly for all three; the same goes if they're your secretary and you do the "special" touch, although this only happens with Colorado and West Virginia.
Artist: Rail (CN Fallen Wings), Chuzenji (JP/EN Fallen Wings, CN Fallen Wings re-run)
Voiced by: Rie Suegara
- Have you been calling for me? Very well, I've waited for this day for a long time. I hereby join your fleet as the Union battleship Colorado, one of the Big Sevens.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: Her sleeves are huge.
- One Steve Limit: She mentions she's not to be confused with the ship named after the Colorado river.
- Showgirl Skirt: More noticeable in the artist breakdown of her clothes and how they're layered; she wears a long skirt that is completely visible from the front, accentuating her thighs.
- Twin Tails: Again, more noticeable on her character design sheet: her hair ends in two tails that drape halfway down her arms.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A
Artist: Rail (CN Fallen Wings), Chuzenji (JP/EN Fallen Wings, CN Fallen Wings re-run)
Voiced by: Aya Saitou
- I'm Maryland, a Big Seven. Although they used to call me "Fighting Mary." Do I get to fight even more from now on? Sweet, I can't wait!
- Blood Knight: Introduces herself as "Fighting Mary" and is already raring to pick more fights.
- Fiery Redhead: A redhead who is a Hot-Blooded Blood Knight.
- Historical In-Joke: If sortied alongside Oklahoma, she promises to protect her this time, and if she is defeated, she'll comment "If only Oklahoma were here". During the Attack on Pearl Harbour, Maryland and Oklahoma were docked alongside each other, and Maryland was spared much of the damage due to the initial attacks hitting Oklahoma, and Oklahoma blocking all torpedoes launched at the pair, resulting in Maryland escaping with relatively minor damagenote , while Oklahoma was sunk. Her crew also did their best to rescue survivors from Oklahoma, some of whom managed to get aboard Maryland during the attack and helped them lay down anti-air fire.
- Jacob and Esau: Questions why she's not the flagship given she was laid down, finished and commissioned before Colorado; that said, she appears to have no real animosity towards Colorado, just questions the logic of that. note
- Red Baron: Fighting Mary, which is also the name of her secondary skill. It has an effect of increasing her damage the lower she is on hp, with leveling increasing the maximum boost and raising the HP threshold needed to take effect.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A
West Virginia (BB-48)
Artist: Rail (CN Fallen Wings), Chuzenji (JP/EN Fallen Wings, CN Fallen Wings re-run)
Voiced by: Chitose Morinaga
- It seems the time has finally come to show you my power I am West Virginia, third ship of the Colorado-class. I hereby submit to fate's guidance and join your fleet.
- Ascended Meme: While not to the same degree as San Diego, West Virginia's memetic status was acknowledged by the new character designer, and now it's not uncommon to see fanart of her playing the guitar. Such is the power of "Mountain Momma".
- Beauty Mark: She has a beauty mark under her left eye.
- Boobs of Steel: Much like the South Dakota class battleships they pack as much armor and firepower as much as they pack curves.
North Carolina (BB-55)
Voiced by: Yui Horie
- North Carolina, awaiting orders. I'm a little plain when compared to my sisters, but not having a unique characteristic is a unique characteristic of its own. Fufufu~ anyway, I'm pleased to make your acquaintance.
- Anti-Air: Her skills focus on anti-air capabilities and she has a stellar anti-air stat (shared with her sister and the South Dakota class and unrivaled by any other backline ships).
- Boring, but Practical: her skills aren't really that flashy compared to many other ships', but they have their uses.
- Firstly, in higher world with a lot of planes, her skills will make sure that your backline won't take much damage from planes that escape your frontline's AA cover. Coupled with her absurdly high AA, that means a lot of planes will be shot down before they can even reach your backline.
- Secondly, her firepower are further enhanced by her anti-air capabilities (30% of her already high AA stats is added to her Firepower as bonus), which means she can dish out tons of damage per main gun salvo, in addition to making sure no planes can touch the backline, perhaps only falls short behind Prince of Wales with full USN + Queen Elizabeth setup or Tirpitz without other battleships/battlecruisers (or with Bismarck).
- Covert Pervert: Slow Ahead implies she wears a bunnysuit under her military uniform.
- Humble Hero: She generally comes off as this and considers herself bland compared to her sisters, making her famous nickname "showboat" ironic. A major sticking point for her is that she feels she doesn't have a unique quality or personality trait, while all the other Eagle battleships do. That being said she's still a very attractive, well-dressed woman. This might be a reference to her history, in which she never got a chance to engage enemy surface warships, despite being built to be one of the most powerful battleships to go toe-to-toe with others at her time.
- You Shall Not Pass!: Very strong Anti-Air stats, and then her skills reduce damage from AA and increase her Firepower based on her AA — this is a reference to her role in WW2 in bringing down numerous Japanese aircraft while providing support to carriers, in particular, Enterprise.
Voiced by: Rika Abe
- Sup, Commander! I'm Washington My sis told me that if I were to join a fleet, I can't just go around acting like I used to I'm already working on my smile Why the hell should I have to listen to her
- Beauty Mark: Not on her face. On her breast.
- Blood Knight: Played with. Not to the point of bloodlust, but she does enjoy battles and crushing her enemies.
- Critical Status Buff: Her Night of the Iron Bottom Sound (The damage South Dakota get from her defensive skill is largely shunted to Washington on top of allowing South Dakota to survive one fatal hit) require South Dakota to be in her party and for South Dakota's health to drop below 30% in order to activate, making it nearly a Useless Useful Spell in PvE. In PvP, however, this is the core of one of the Eagle Union metas.
- More Dakka: Her incredibly powerful "Courageous Shelling" barrage may fire a staggering amount of ammunition (seemingly a massive barrage from her secondary battery along with a full salvo from her main battery) downrange every 20 seconds.
- Oblivious to Love: As her affection goes up, she comments that she is able to smile more easily, but has no idea why. At love, she says she's never felt like this before, and when Pledged, asks if it's a prank because she never imagined anything like that actually happening.
- One Steve Limit: Shares the name with the scrapped Colorado-class Washington (BB-47) Battleship.
- The Rival: Sees South Dakota as this, although South Dakota doesn't care, she's just doing her job. This is based on the rivalry the two ships' crew had over how the other crew were prone to taking undue credit.
- Tsundere: Her line when you return to main screen has her say she's glad you're okay and then immediately deny she has feelings for you.
- The Unsmile: She keeps working on her smile, because it always comes out wrong. As her affection grows, it gets better. This is referenced in a recent loading screen showing her dressed up for the Lunar New year and attempting to smile.
- Anti-Air: They tie with the North Carolina-class for the second-highest AA stat among battleships (surpassed only by Georgia, and only slightly).
- Boobs of Steel: All three sisters are well endowed in addition to being top-notch battleships.
- Humble Hero: All the sisters consider themselves just ordinary normal ships that are just doing their job, despite all the accolades they've received. Massachusetts even describes herself as a "regular old South Dakota-class you can find anywhere."note
- Indian Maiden: All the ships in South Dakota-class are designed as Native American girls to varying extents.
South Dakota (BB-57)
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Tomoyo Kurosawa
- I'm South Dakota. I'll be the shield that protects you from all gunfire, Commander.
- Draw Aggro: Her "Strongest Shield"/"Aegis" has her redirect all damage to the backline to herself.
- Dual Wielding: She wields two shields, really hammering in her Stone Wall nature and calling herself a "shield" to protect against gunfire.
- Humble Hero: She doesn't care that Washington took credit for most of the Second Battle of Guadalcanal, she was just doing her job as the shield of the fleet. This makes her a foil to her actual crew who were very quick to take credit for things with this tendency being the root of Washington's rivalry with her (The crew of the Washington didn't take kindly to such glory hounding)
- Normally, I Would Be Dead Now: When paired with Washington, South Dakota can stay afloat for up to five seconds after hitting zero hitpoints, courtesy of Washington's "Night of the Iron Bottom Sound" skill, which also has Washington take a portion of the damage South Dakota would instead (though damage South Dakota absorbs with her own skill is not transferred), while boosting her own attack.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: While pretty attractive normally but she's gorgeous in her formal skin.
- Stone Wall: During the Second Naval Battle of Guadalcanal, she took 26 hits from IJN cannons, including at least 3 from the battleship Kirishima's 14-inch main battery, none of which penetrated her belt, barbettes, or turrets, though they did wreck her superstructure. The intense focused fire South Dakota was under allowed other ships (most famously, Washington) to return fire at the IJN fleet while not facing retaliation from the Japanese ships, even though South Dakota herself was unable to return fire due to an electrical malfunction — this is referenced several times in her lines, as well as being the inspiration for her signature "Strongest Shield"/"Aegis" skill. It is downplayed as she is not lacking in firepower and has a skill that can double her damage.
- Stripperific: While her default outfit initially doesen't seem that skimpy by this game's standards, its actually one of the most risque skins in the entire game, showing off about third of her left areola. Surprisingly enough, this outfit somehow managed to avoid getting censored in China.
Voiced by: Rie Takahashi
- Yeah? Oh my turn to speak. I'm Massachusetts, the South Dakota-class ship who's always normal, no matter when or where you find me Umm, so, let's be friends?
- Armor-Piercing Attack: Her "2,700 Pounds of Justice" turns all shells fired from her main gun into Mark 8 "Super-heavy" shells, which have the in-game benefit of giving her big bonus to penetrating both medium and heavy armor while being superior to standard AP shells fired from other guns and only surpassed by the special AP+ damage type of the PR Twin 457mm Mark A Guns.
- Cold Ham: The calm and reserved Massachusetts gets this choice line just before her showdown with Jean Bart.Massachusetts: Faith? The only faith that matters is the absolute firepower that I'm about to beat your miserable face to a pulp with!
- Cold Sniper: Massachusetts is usually quiet and doesn't express herself much while her skill set is focused on single-target burst damage from a distance.
- Crippling Overspecialization:
- She absolutely WRECKS anything with medium or heavy armor but she deals far less damage to light armored targets. Furthermore she lacks a barrage and her shells' splash range is greatly reduced which makes her poor at clearing mobs. This leaves her at a great disadvantage on stages that feature a destroyer or light cruiser as the boss - which is unfortunately most of the later campaign stages - as she cannot perform well in her primary role and has little else to fall back on except maybe anti-air. And to make matters worse she doesn't have the option of switching ammo types to better combat light-armored targets.
- Using her in PvP is a gamble. If she targets the back line then she's pretty much guaranteed to wreck face. If she targets the front line... that shot is pretty much wasted as her shells' tight spread and splash range means she likely won't even be able to hit the constantly-moving front line ships.note
- Difficult, but Awesome: Three criteria need to be fulfilled for Massachusetts to reach her full potential. First your fleet must include at least 3 other Eagle Union battleships and/or heavy cruisers. Then her target must be a certain distance away and have either medium or heavy armor. When all three points are met their corresponding bonuses stacknote resulting in impressive damage numbers. As an added bonus she also has one of the highest AA stats among battleships, even higher than normal for South Dakota-class thanks to her skill (provided the aforementioned fleet composition) making her very resilient against airstrikes and helping your front line to shoot down said planes.
- The Fashionista: Is the fashionable one of her sisters as South Dakota's white dress was her idea.
- Loophole Abuse: Subverted - "2700 Pounds of Justice" turns all of her main gun shells into super-heavy armor-piercing shells, regardless of the default ammo type of her main guns. This sounds like it could exploit a loophole by realizing the incredible stated stats of the Twin 410mm Mounted Gun (3rd Year Type) by replacing its awful sanshikidan shell type with super-heavy armor-piercing and do the whole damage to one target, but instead, if you try this, the super-heavy shell only gets the power of a single sanshikidan fragment, rather than the power of the whole shell.
- Red Baron: Big Mamie, in part due to her 16-inch cannons. Jean Bart also addresses Massachusetts as "The strongest battleship [in the Atlantic]." just before their showdown at the end of Iris of Light and Dark. Jean further believes that defeating Massachusetts would earn her glory and recognition.note
- Stripperiffic: She's wearing a jacket that is completely open, a bikini and shorts underneath, and not much else.
- Worthy Opponent: She sees Jean Bart as one for holding out so long with only one operational turret, and even before the fight, some of the first emotion she shows in the story is excitement over getting to fight a battleship and hopefully find herself a worthy opponent. If sortied together, she'll be happy about getting to sail alongside Jean Bart under more friendly circumstances.
Voiced by: Hibiki Yamamura
- I'm Alabama. You need somethin'? ... Prepare for duty? Oh, sure. Got nothin' better to do, so might as well. Let's go!
- Cuddle Bug: She really likes hugging the Commander if you raise her affection to Like or higher. Her pledge line is her being overjoyed of having the Commander as her personal hugging pillow.
- Gathering Steam: Her "Just Gettin' Fired Up" is designed around this trope, giving her buffs the more enemy nodes the fleet she's in destroys, and more enemy ships she destroys within a battle.
- Historical In-Joke: The spooky vibe she gives with her scythe and her tattered coat is likely a reference as her status as a haunted ship. note
- Sinister Scythe: She carries one, along with a tattered cape
- Red Baron: Lucky A, which is actually also the name of one of her skills (chiefly an up to 70% chance of firing a powerful barrage upon firing)
- The Rival: To Tirpitz.
- Stripperiffic: Her general outfit includes a translucent tube top and smaller bikini top. She has a jacket, but it barely looks like she's wearing it.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: The only girl that possibly wears shorts shorter than her is Jean Bart.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B, because of how short her shorts are.
Voiced by: Shino Shimoji
- I'm Georgia of the Union. Don't you worry, my guns will bring you victory!
- Artistic License History: She uses 6 experimental 18"/47 Mark A guns instead of 9 16"/45 that was historically proposed. This modification probably has to do with the ship's development history in World of Warships note Note that there are some other US battleship designs that do use 18" guns, as noted here, it's just probably not Georgia as shown in World of Warships, especially since they'll be more likely to be using 18"/48 instead of 18"/47 guns.note
- BFG: Her signature armament is her six 18"/47 Mark A naval rifles, which if fielded, would have been the biggest cannons ever mounted to an American warship, and only matched or exceeded in caliber by the British BL 18-inch Mk I naval gun and Japanese 40 cm/45 Type 94 naval gun (actually 46cm), and despite the slightly smaller bore, had the heaviest shell of the three guns with the 3,850lb super-heavy AP shell that would have given it the greatest muzzle energy of any naval rifle ever built. As might be expected, she's very proud of her massive naval rifles and brings them up frequently in her dialog.
- Death from Above: Her barrage works as a rain of 100% crit AP shells and normal bullets shortly after she normally fires to a wide area.
- Mismatched Eyes: She has a blue/gold heterochromia.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Oxy-cola, a nod to her namesake state being home to the headquarters of the Coca-Cola company.
- Unexpected Character: Very few people expected her to be part of the second PR patch, because at the time of the announcement, her World of Warships self had just been handed out to Community Contributors and Supertesters for testing on the live server. She wouldn't be available to the public until two months later in June of 2019.
Light Aircraft Carriers (CVL)
Voiced by: Haruka Yoshimura
- Commander, Im Langley, sent here to assist you. Listen well, I will correct your various issues, and bring this fleet back on track.
- Awesome, but Impractical: She is one of the few carriers or light carriers who carry a gun mount - in her case, a destroyer gun mount, which could theoretically be useful for helping defend the backline, especially from bomb ships, and the high DPS of destroyer guns could make them useful against other ships that get close, which is pretty awesome. Unfortunately, she has absolutely no firepower stat, which means that her gun will never amount to more than a peashooter. Fortunately, at her first limit break, the equipment slot becomes a unique slot that can take fighters or a destroyer gun, which is at least somewhat more useful.
- Experience Booster: Langley's primary skill boosts the experience earned by all carriers and light carriers in the same fleet as her.
- Historical In-Joke: Her whole Sensei-chan schtick is a gag on her being one of the oldest dedicated aircraft carriers in history - she was originally launched in 1912 as a collier before being converted and put to sea as a test bed for the idea of a dedicated aircraft carrier. And, as a result of her origins... Langley was tiny. She was nearly half as long (165m versus ~270m) and one-third the displacement (12.7k tons vs. 36k tons) of either Lexington-class vessel and didn't do well in the war due to her age. So, yes, she has more experience than anyone else in the Union Navy, can't actually fight well... and is small enough for the Commander to use as a lawn-dart.
- Older Than They Look: Another one of the notable examples, especially given her appearance (which is explained above) - strictly speaking, "Langley" dates back to before the first World War, as she was lain down and launched in 1911-12 as the US Navy collier USS Jupiter, and was also the first US turbo-electric ship. She even saw brief service in the war, doing a few cruises to transport supplies and men to and from Europe. She was converted to a carrier in the early 1920s, regaining commission as Langley in '22. This puts her in the top ranks of oldest ships in the game, and ties her with Houshou for oldest carrier (since even though Hermes was built earlier, commissioning her took half a decade).
- Sensei-chan: Langley dresses like a teacher, but looks like she's about seven years old. Doesn't act like it for the most part, being far better at being a Stern Teacher than Ranger. Fittingly, she is one of the potential teachers that will show up in the Lecture Hall.
- Support Party Member:
- On retrofit, Langley gains the skill "Reload Command - CVL", which makes other light carriers in the fleet reload faster.
- With the introduction of the air superiority mechanic on the Japanese and Chinese servers, Langley brings a staggering amount of air superiority for her rarity and fuel cost - despite her poor aviation stat, the fact that she brings six fighters (two equipment slots with three planes per slot) means she brings nearly as much air superiority as a Super Rare fleet carrier for the oil cost of a common light carrier.
- Useless Useful Skill: "Reload Command - CVL" could significantly boost the rate at which a full light carrier backline launches airstrikes (it works for fewer, but obviously doesn't reach its full potential without a full backline of light carriers). Unfortunately, there are few reasons to field a three CVL backline, and Langley's poor offensive capabilities resulting from carrying two wings of fighters, having very poor efficiency on her sole wing of dive bombers, poor reload stat, and the worst aviation stat of all carriers (and actually worse than the Ise-class aviation battleships, meaning that she only surpasses the Fusou-class aviation battleships in aviation) mean that she wouldn't be likely to find a place in such a composition and would be hard pressed to make up the damage that simply fielding another, better CVL would do, and since she has to be fully limit broken to be fully refitted, she can't really justify her deployment in such a fleet with a significant oil savings, nor are there any maps that force CVL-heavy fleets.
Voiced by: Yuu Asakawa
- I'm Ranger, the Union's first specially made carrier! I was deployed to the Atlantic Ocean, where I mainly served as an escort to convoys and aircraft carriers. Special guidance? T-that's not what I was sent here for, b-but if you insist (Small voice) I didn't say anything!
- Artistic License Ships: That she's classified as a light carrier is rather odd, considering that she was designed as a fleet carrier, and unlike Langley, was never reclassified as anything else (Langley was eventually reclassified as a seaplane tender). Furthermore, she had a near full-size air wing, much larger than true light carriers like Independence, and could easily bring at least as many planes to a fight as many non-American fleet carriers. The main reason she never operated in the Pacific was because she was slower than newer carriers, but even then, she was considerably faster than most actual escort carriers.
- Badass Longcoat: Her coat becomes one post-retrofit.
- BFG: This is how her flight deck is portrayed — she's gripping it by a handle complete with a trigger, in contrast to other light carriers who have more subdued flight decks — and it emphasizes her offense focus.
- Buxom Is Better: Possibly the bustiest of the Eagle Union carriers.
- Cooldown Manipulation: Her Quick Launch skill has an up to 15% chance of completely negating the cooldown on her next airstrike and can activate again off of airstrikes that are charged this way.
- Covert Pervert: Exaggerated. She has a thin veneer as a Stern Teacher, but even setting her as secretary, regardless of affinity, reveals some suspect lines about her priorities. Her "Special Touch" line tapping her in an inappropriate place has her more concerned about the commander telling others about it happening out of embarrassment than any displeasure."Main Screen 1": What I teach besides fighting is human se-... I-I mean... physical education!
"Normal Touch"note : Hwaa!? Commander... S-Stop... is what you want me to say?!
- Ranger is revealed to be this in the Visitors From Another Dimension: Mission. Some of her books she borrowed from library included 60 Shades of Grey, Seduced by a Commander. What would she do with those books? Don't think she can teach the commander anything about strategy or tactic. May have something to do with Teacher/Student Romance.
- Her Valentine's Day gift is a note that is just shy of sexually explicit fanfiction between her and the commander.(There's a note. It reads: "Commander... I want you to have this!" "Miss... Ranger..." "Don't say another word! We're student and teacher, after all..." "I don't care! I love you, Miss Ranger!" "Oh, Commander, take me...!" The rest has been omitted.)
- Disk One Nuke: Ranger can be acquired very early as one of the most common results of special ship construction and a common drop starting in world 3 and nearly every chapter afterwards, before many players are likely to start acquiring many fleet carriers, and her aggressive flight wing and powerful skills make her very powerful. Furthermore, since she's a common, her retrofit is relatively easy, and allows her to keep up with even some of the fleet carriers, and also because she's common, her oil cost is low and it's easy to find more Rangers to enhance her with for twice the stat boost per ship. Even later on, her aggressive air wing and powerful skills make her very useful, especially in fleets that are trying to keep their fuel costs down.
- Fanservice Pack: Her already large breasts become bigger upon retrofit, and her pose emphasizes them. She also trades her skirt for a pair of skin-tight leather pants.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Her pants only have one full leg on them post-retrofit, with the other being made up of criss-crossing strips.
- Fingerless Gloves: Pre-retrofit, she wears partially fingerless gloves. They cover her index fingers and a third of her middle fingers, but leave the other two uncovered. They're also Opera Gloves, as you can see the tops of them peeking out the other side of her detached sleeves. She wears full gloves post-retrofit
- Fun with Acronyms: The pleats of her pre-retrofit skirt read "RNG", which is both short for "Ranger" and a common acronym for Random Number Generator, which she relies heavily on, as she has two very powerful, low activation rate skills.
- Glass Cannon: Ranger has a unique air wing of two dive bomber squadrons (3 planes each at MLB) and one torpedo bomber squadron (2 planes at MLB), meaning her entire air wing is focused entirely on doing damage to the enemy fleet (only Ark Royal has an equally aggressive composition, though hers is focused on torpedoes instead of dive bombers), and she has two powerful offensive skills - Quick Launch, which gives her up to a 15% chance of instantly preparing another air strike whenever she launches planes, including off of air strikes generated by Quick Launch, and Assault Carrier, which has an up to 25% chance of doubling the power of her air strike. Taken together, this means that her damage potential is literally infinite, if luck-based (though the fundamental power of her offense-focused air wing is still pretty solid, even if nothing activates, as despite her relatively poor aviation stat, such a large number 1000/1600/2000 lb bombs can do massive damage). However, she also has rather low HP, and her purely offensive air wing means she has no fighters or AA guns with which to defend herself and her fleet from enemy air strikes, save for carefully timing her own air strikes.
- Hot Teacher: Very attractive (and buxom) and the innuendos she make only adds to that.
- Innocent Innuendo: Her attempts at being a Stern Teacher are frequently undermined by her saying something that could be interpreted as sexual, as well as her realization of what she said about a second after the words are already out of her mouth and becoming flustered about it. This may be more akin to Freudian Slip considering her tastes for student romance.
- Male Gaze: Joked about in her view details lines pre- and post-retrofit. Pre-retrofit, she calls the commander out on it, but he claims to be looking at her bridge. Post-retrofit, she asks him if her bridge is really that beautiful. Guess what's right next to her bridge in both skins?
- Skunk Stripe: Gains a single white stripe in her hair post-retrofit.
- Status Buff: Her Assault Carrier skill doubles the damage of her airstrike when it activates.
- Stern Teacher: She tries to be this, but couldn't keep it up when you reaches higher level affection. She gets better post retrofit, getting flustered and nervous less often, and generally being more serious and confident. Still isn't as good at it as Langley.
- Straight Man: She is this during Operation Touch (Iris of Light and Darkness event), to other ships in her taskforce.
- Vapour Wear: Her top becomes partially see-through after her retrofit.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Only in her original skin, losing it upon retrofit.
Long Island (CVE-1)
Voiced by: Sachiyo Yoshida
- Hehe, I'm Long Island~ Hello, Commander. Actually, I have another name. Do you want to know?
- Cloudcuckoolander: She's only pretending to be a ghost girl. Besides her pranks, some of her impressions of being a ghost include pretending to be invisible or mute and trying to surprise the Commander by roaring or shouting in his face (very cutely).
- Cooldown Manipulation: Her Quick Launch skill has an up to 15% chance of completely negating the cooldown on her next airstrike and can activate again off of airstrikes that are charged this way.
- Crutch Character: As your first carrier, she's likely to get a significant head start in levels (especially because her fast airstrike resulting from not carrying torpedo bombers, which tend to have a very long cooldown, as well as her high reload stat, helps her claim MVP early on) and will easily outperform most non-limit broken battleships, but she soon falls pretty far behind other carriers and limit broken battleships, and once a single airstrike stops being the battle-ender it is early on, she loses out badly to carriers with better wing compositions, skills, and raw stats. The material costs (requires 1-2 T3 ship blueprints) for a Rare to Elite refit doesn't help matters. Rerolled or veteran players would forgo her in favor of more powerful or useful ships, like Yorktown (a powerful fleet carrier) in EN server or Unicorn (a very useful support carrier that can heals the frontline) in Japanese server (they were given to players from the beginning in each server).
- Cute Ghost Girl: She's not a ghost but she likes to pretend she's one.
- Fanservice Pack: Her remodel outfit basically has her slightly take off her coat, and her unique outfit has her switch out the whole thing entirely for a long, baggy shirt.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: In both her original skin and her retrofit, as part of her pretending to be a ghost.
- Hikikomori: Becomes apparent with her "No Cola No Life" skin, where she shows her shut-in, hardcore gamer side of hers.
- Historical In-Joke:
- Her mention of having a different name is a reference to her originally being laid down as Mormacmail, a cargo linernote .
- Her headphones in her retrofit skin have AVG-1 on them, which was her original hull classificationnote
- Pants-Free: Her skill activation line makes it clear she is only wearing panties under her shirt and jacket, and her retrofit and "No Cola No Life" skins continue that trend.
- The Prankster: From her secretary lines alone, she swaps the Commander's mail, plays around with glue on his mission rewards, apparently hides their gaming handheld, and schemes of even more pranks if he were to fall asleep.
- Rapunzel Hair: It's almost up to her feet (!).
- Starter Mon: Alongside your chosen starting destroyer as the vanguard, you also start with Long Island as your first main fleet party member.
- Status Buff: On retrofit, she gains the skill Air Support, which boosts the aviation stat of all other carriers and light carriers in the same fleet by up to 15% for the next 8 seconds after she launches an airstrike.
For British version of the class, see Azur Lane Royal Navy.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Koharu Nagata
- Fuuhah! That was not bad ahh, excuse me, are you the coach, Commander? Fastball-pitcher Bogue, reporting in!
- Cooldown Manipulation: Her Quick Launch skill has an up to 15% chance of completely negating the cooldown on her next airstrike and can activate again off of airstrikes that are charged this way.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Subverted since Anti-Submarine Warfare was implemented after launch, so in reality this was a buff to Bogue: She has an absurdly high ASW stat for a light carriernote , reflecting her history as the most successful anti-submarine carrier of the entirety of World War II for any nation. While high ASW for a CVL isn't that impressive compared to any Destroyer, it's something to consider for the backline. Sadly due to her early release, she doesn't also have a skill geared for this like her sister.
- Crutch Character: She's very similar to Long Island gear and skill-wise, but she'll always be a lower rarity level than Long Island. This is more an advantage as it allows her to be limit broken, refitted, and enhanced much easier, and thus extend her value. But in the end, you will still want stronger carriers outside of low level farming.
- Fastball Special: Bogue pitches her planes like baseballs.
- Little Big Sister: If you didn't know the history of the ships, the only hint you'd have that she's older than Chaser, her sister in the Royal Navy, is the fact that the class is named for her.
- Passionate Sports Girl: She's depicted as a pitcher and is always talking about baseball.
- Status Buff: During her retrofit, Bogue gains the skill Anti-Air Command - Main Fleet, which boosts the Anti-Air stat of all backline ships by up to 15%.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: She has American-flag themed socks.
Voiced by: Haruka Yamazaki
- Light Carrier, Independence, reporting for duty. Please do not underestimate me as a Light Carrier, do not worry and do leave the missions to me.
- Hellish Pupils: Interestingly enough, she has slit pupils, even though there's nothing particularly evil about her.
- Historical In-Joke: Several of her lines have her wondering if she should call Cleveland her older sister or not. As is mentioned in her biography, the USS Independence was originally meant to be the fifth ship in the Cleveland-class, but was re-ordered as a light carrier (all the ships in the Independence class were). She even has a skill that buffs her if she's in a fleet with any of the Cleveland class cruisers.
- Weapon of Choice: She has a skill adding extra efficiency to Eagle Union planes, some of which are pretty powerful in their own right.
- Bataan of the Eagle Union's Independence-class, at your service. If you don't mind, when forming a fleet for a sortie... please consider including me! I may not be flawless, but I should be able to handle a combat mission or two!
- Badass Adorable: Don't let her cute appearance or being bullied by a tiny Manijuu chick (in her chibi idle animation) fool you, she's an incredibly effective light carrier
- The Cutie: You will find no carrier cuter than her, exemplified with her casual attire skin, which is her wearing pajamas and a cat hoodie.
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover: Is extremely nice and kind, and is never seen without her Hellcat, which she treats as a mixture of a pet and a stuffed animal. Her pajama skin has her wearing a cat hoodie and has what appear to be cat spirits around her.
- Nice Girl: When if your affinity is low, rather than being mad or disappointed in you, she wants to work with you to make you better.
- Shout-Out: She mentions that she likes to watch as her plans "come together".
- The Strategist: Besides her cuteness and her niceness, a major part of her personality is planning, to the point that her stranger line has her comment how all the Commander's operations are going according to plan, and has her and the commander preparing the plan for next month, and one of her secretary lines has her comment on how much she likes it when she makes a plan and watches it come together, which she even refers to as "my way".
- Support Party Member: Her "one for all" skill has her boosting other carrier's reload speeds while boosting the backline's AA while alive. Unlike most buffs, this demands a non-flagship spot.
- Weapon of Choice: The F6F Hellcat, the same plane she holds in her normal art. One of her skills boosts its efficiency and enables an up to 75% chance of launching even more Hellcats. Given the plane is one of the best fighters, this has a considerable effect.
Aircraft Carriers (CV)
- Idol Singer: Both are styled after one (until Saratoga's remodel) and are generally regarded as idols in various fanworks (and Slow Ahead). In game, Z35 is a fan of theirs.
- More or less how they play. They provide decent anti-air to the overall AA score, their air power is very respectable (and the Fighter-Dive Bomber-DB setup is quite potent against groups), their artillery skill isn't really a replacement for a battleship but it still does respectable damage (especially against mob waves and once leveled up some), they have a vanguard-buffing skill when launching planes, and they have higher HP than many of the Super Rare superstar carriers, both in and out of the Eagle Union. They're also farmable very early - Lexington drops from any node in 2-4, and Saratoga from 4-1. Put together, it makes them very, very good for general use even if nothing specific about them stands out that hard.
- Saratoga's refit begins to take her into Master of All territory: in addition to gaining more HP (which genuinely takes her into battleship HP territory) and Aviation (which has her out-shooting even folks like Enterprise or Akagi/Kaga individually - the IJN carriers need to be deployed together to catch up to her stat-for-stat) she also gains a third skill that allows her to launch a further set of planes that cause fire and flood status. At that point, the only things she doesn't provide are defensive buffs or healing - she does literally everything else most other carriers do, and can do it better than a good number of them.
- Military Mashup Machine: Their Supporting Fire skill, which fires a barrage of 8-inch guns every 20 seconds (10 seconds at max level, and with damage scaling with level if not also their aviation), makes them act as a mashup of carriers and heavy cruisers or weaker battleships (while cruiser-caliber weapons, the way they're fired from the backline acts more like a battleship). While they had these guns in real life, they were actually a hindrance, as they wasted space and weight that could be used for more planes or anti-air guns instead, couldn't be used while carrying out flight operations, and as carriers, if they were in range to even fire their 8-inch guns, something had already gone horribly wrong, and such weapons were unlikely to be of any help at that point.
- Moveset Clone: Pre-retrofit, Saratoga and Lexington possess identical skills, stats, efficiencies, and rarity, although Lexington has lower luck than her sister due to the former got sunk earlier during the war. With the introduction of Saratoga's retrofit, this is finally Subverted, which makes her clearly superior to her big sister, who does not have a retrofit.
Voiced by: Minami Shinoda
- Good day to you, Commander♪ I'm Lexington. I heard that my name comes from the place where the first battle of the War of Independence was fought. I think that as an idol, one must be rich at heart. Don't you agree?
- BFG: While it looks and acts more like a staff, she's carrying a muzzleloading colonial long rifle, much like the Lexington Minuteman statues does, with her aircraft carrier island attached to the butt of the stock.
- Cool Big Sis: She is Saratoga's big sister, and is a big sister figure to many others, saying that she's everyone's older sister in her biography. She also refers to the Commander as a little sibling, either directly or by referring to herself as Onee-chan when talking to them. This is an in-joke to her being the second oldest American aircraft carrier, so she's the "onee-chan" to just about everyone who slings planes for a living, both in the Union Navy and out of it (only Langley, Hermes and Houshou are older than her among the current cast).
- Hidden Buxom: Her Qipao skin shows her assets more clearly than her default skin, which shows some sign of bust.
- Red Baron: Lady Lex, a line she uses to refer to herself when she's MVP. This is what the carrier was historically called, to boot.
- Sexual Euphemism: It's hard not to read her pledge line like this, when she says it's gonna be "showtime all the time" for her "personal show" for the commander.
- She's Got Legs: Her qipao skin and to a slightly less degree, her normal skin display her legs nicely.
- Smoking Is Glamorous: In her "Spring's Song" qipao outfit, Lexington is holding a lit, long-stem pipe, and the attire is considerably more elegant and glamorous than her default outfit.
Voiced by: Sumire Uesaka
- Hey, good day, Commander! I'm Lexington 's little sister, Saratoga~ If you don't really have anything for me to do then I'll get going.
- A-Cup Angst: Putting her together with Illustrious or Ranger will make her a bit shy about her youth, despite being the senior ship. it's only with such extreme cases as she isn't phased by Yorktown's figure.
- Badass Adorable:
- In her base skin, she's already very cute and her battle start line mentions some of the ships she's downed (Ryoujo, Chitose) and that the current enemy is next.
- After her full retrofit, she's literally styled like a Magical Girl. She's also become one of the best debuffers in the game at that level, and she's incredibly powerful generally.
- Crossover: The only character at the moment to have a skin directly from a character from a limited time crossover event, wearing Kizuna Ai's Elegant outfit. Initially only having her original lines, her "updated" lines have her try to even imitate the virtual idol.
- Disk One Nuke: She's given (along with some other resources) as a first gem purchase bonus, meaning someone with enough for 60 gems (the lowest amount), which is to say one dollar can get her day one. And her skill-set and starting equipment (a 3-star dive bomber in one of her DB slots, double DB slots for that matter, and also her Artillery Support skill that allows her to also act like a pseudo-battleship) is more or less purpose-built for slinging big numbers from level one.
- Hidden Depths: Does her best to keep Enterprise's spirits up during The Solomon Ranger event, knowing that it could be dangerous if she goes into battle stressed out and depressed, especially since she also knows what it's like to lose a sister. She also makes it clear that part of why she seems so cheerful even after losing Lexington is because she knows her sister would want her to remain cheerful and get revenge on the enemy for her. Her lines also reveal that she has a very good understanding of strategy and tactics. This actually does make some sense, once you realize she's actually one of the oldest and longest-serving carriers on the entire roster (lain down in 1920 as a BC, launched in '27 as a CV, and ended her career two decades later as a subject for nuclear tests, having fought in basically the entire Pacific Theater).
- Historical In-Joke:
- During her introduction, she hesitates before saying she's Lexington's younger sister. The real Saratoga was laid down about four months before Lexington, launched seven months before her, and commissioned a month before Lexington, meaning she's actually the older of the two ships, despite being the second ship in the class and being ordered a year later than Lexington.
- In Glorious's character story, she says she won't be called "Drydock Idol". Historically, she had to undergo repairs many times.
- In-Series Nickname: Just like in real life with crewmen, in-game ships refer to her as "Sister Sara" during her character quest or simply "Sara" during the "Solomon Ranger" event.
- Magical Girl: She self-styles as such after her remodel. Even her remodel skill's name makes a reference to that.
- Odd Friendship: You'd think that the cheerful and seemingly carefree Saratoga wouldn't really get along with the extremely serious, driven Enterprise, but they get along quite well in the Solomon Ranger event. Sadly, part of this is due to them both knowing what it's like to lose a sister.
- Older Than They Look: Despite her generally childish attitude and looks, she's treated as a teacher and older sister by most of the rest of the fleet. This is a reference to her history, as her real-life counterpart was one of the first true aircraft carriers and one of the oldest in service during WW2 - she's actually the senpai to damn near every other carrier on the roster, even from other navies.
- She mentions in "Solomon Ranger" that, following Lexington's sinking, she's the senior of the Eagle Union fleet carriers, and her actions during the event make it clear she has the skill and experience to back it up.
- In her own character quest, "Sara's Work Never Ends!" shows her teaching other ships about the tactical importance of carriers. She outright shushes Illustrious and Queen Elizabeth for talking in class.
- Petite Pride: Putting her with Yorktown will make her proud of her cuteness, especially because Yorktown is younger than her.
- The Prankster: Her lines indicate her to be this. Her remodel skill's name also makes reference to this as it's separate airstrike (timed, not based on normal airstrike) that inflicts burning and flooding (a damage over time status that debuted with this skill). Cygnet ending up in a maid outfit was also one of her pranks.
- Precision F-Strike: In her Kizuna Ai outfit, she imitates Kizuna Ai's infamous "Fakkyu" line if her affection is low.
- Series Mascot: She gets pushed as this to some degree in the CN and JP versions of the game - she's been the app icon since launch. The EN (US) version, unsurprisingly, opts for Enterprise instead.
- Survivor Guilt: It's possible to read a bit of this into her "Solomon Ranger" characterization and a few other spots - she really loves her sister Lex and feels a bit guilty that she survived when Lex didn't.
- Token Mini-Moe: She's the only fleet carrier to look more like a child than an adult.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: All three Yorktown-class sisters share balanced 125% efficiency ratings for all three of their squadrons, one slot each of fighters, dive bombers, and torpedo bombers. While useful early on, later content require more specialist builds.
Voiced by: Kana Yuuki
- I'm Yorktown, the name ship of the Yorktown-class aircraft carriers. I was named after the Siege of Yorktown during the Union Independence War. Neutrality ? That's just pre-war etiquette.
- A Taste of Power: Played with. Early Open Beta Stage, she was gifted to players after the number of registrants reached a certain milestone. Comparing to many starter ships in the fleet, she is incredibly powerful, and even after more powerful ships join the fleet, she still remains solid choice in most situations. See Disk One Nuke below.
- Balance Buff: Prior to an update in October 2018, both aspects of her Vengeance skill (the retaliatory airstrike and the healing) activated at the same time, which wasn't terribly useful. After the update, her retaliatory airstrike is launched whenever she takes damage, though there is a 20 second cooldown during which it cannot activate. This dramatically increases its utility, especially in PVE, as it can provide a noticeable increase to her overall damage output during boss fights and can now actually come into play against mobs.
- Beneath the Mask: While she hides it relatively well, her affection lines show she has some serious self-confidence issues, due to the circumstances of her sinking. She gets better as her affection grows.
- Christmas Cake: Yorktown is self-conscious about her age and if not already a "Christmas Cake", she's at least very concerned about becoming one, imploring the Commander not to confuse 24 and 42, and in keeping with her self-deprecating nature, suggesting that the Commander pursue one of her younger sisters instead.
- Cool Big Sis: Towards both her younger sisters, who she loves dearly and always encourages, and Hammann, who is quite attached to her, to the point that Hammann states she's never regretted trying to save her, despite it leading to Hammann being sunk in the same submarine attack that finally doomed Yorktown.
- Counter Attack: Her Vengeance Skill does a counter airstrike upon getting damaged (20 second cool down between them), a reference to how, even after she had been crippled, her dive bomber wing, VB-3, operating from Enterprise, attacked and returned the favor to Hiryuu, whose planes were responsible to the damage to Yorktown.
- Despair Event Horizon: She's on the edge of it and describes it in terms of creeping darkness and falling into the abyss possibly making the depths of the despair she nearly falls to a reference to the literally abyssal depths - her hull rests on the abyssal plains, three miles beneath the surface of the ocean, one of the deepest shipwrecks ever found and so deep as to be in perpetual darkness. This is where she sunk after the Battle of Midway. And, since playable shipgirls are Wisdom Cube re-creations of the originals, she remembers everything about her painful death, knows how much agony it caused Enterprise and may even remember, to some degree, her time in total darkness. Getting her affection up helps restore her self-confidence.
- Disk One Nuke: Yorktown is given to players who join new servers early on for free, and an elite-rarity fleet carrier is an incredibly powerful addition to an early-game fleet. Even once she's joined by other fleet carriers, Yorktown remains a solid member of the fleet.
- Lady of War: The Eagle Union's representative in this department, and just below Royal Navy's Hood and Sakura Empire's Amagi in this aspect. She's easily one of the most elegant and traditionally feminine ships in the entire Eagle Union fleet, but she's every bit as willing to fight as the others, and with her stats and the great endurance her skill grants, she's very good at it.
- Last Chance Hit Point: Her Vengeance skill heals her at critical HP, a reference to her downright Rasputinian Death in which Hiryuu attacked her twice, landing three serious hits in the first wave note , but before the second attack an hour later, repairs had been so successful that the Japanese thought they were attacking another carrier entirelynote . This attack also did not sink Yorktown, which was deemed salvageable despite extinguishing all of Yorktown's boilers and causing a 26-degree list that led to her captain giving the order to abandon ship. When she stopped listing further, crews reboarded her and a tug towed her back while performing damage control, that managed to reduce her list by about 2 degrees by pumping out water and throwing weight, such as 5" turrets overboard, when the Japanese submarine I-168 spotted her and fired four torpedoes at her, hitting her two more times and blasting her escort, USS Hammann, in half, at which point Yorktown was finally deemed unsalvageable, but still stubbornly refused to sink for over twelve hours afterwards.
- Mutual Kill: In the story mode, she and Hiryuu kill each other with their final airstrikes. This is actually a minor divergence from history, as while Yorktown's dive bombers did kill Hiryuu, Hiryuu's torpedo bombers didn't quite kill Yorktown, who barely survived and wouldn't die until the submarine I-168 finished her off the next day.
- Silk Hiding Steel: She's by far the most traditionally feminine member of her class and arguably the entire Eagle Union fleet, but no less willing to fight, and many of her lines are polite, yet also firm in a way that's clearly backed by strength. This becomes apparent as early as her her introduction text, "Neutrality? That's just pre-war etiquette." Even her "special touch" line has shades of it, asking if the Commander is willing to make such a commitment, rather than expressing shock, disgust, admonishing the Commander for doing it in public, or being way too into it, which are the most common reactions of the other shipgirls.
- Status Buff: Her Fleet Carrier skill increases the damage output of the escort fleet after for 8 seconds launching an air strike.
- Take Up My Sword: She hands Enterprise her bald eagle as she's sinking.
- Unsuspectingly Soused: In her formal "Evening I Can't Remember" skin, Yorktown is convinced that what she's drinking is simply grape juice, so she won't get drunk, and the name of the skin implies that she got blackout drunk and couldn't remember anything that happened at the banquet, which would hardly be surprising if she personally drank all the glasses of wine depicted in the skin.
Voiced By: Yui Ishikawa (Japanese), Rachel Messer (English)
- Enterprise, the Yorktown-class' second ship, has arrived. I neither sympathize with nor hold back on my enemies, and always use my full strength. That is my way.
- The Ace: She received the most battle stars of any ship for her World War II service in Real Life, and is by far the best aircraft carrier in the game, rivaled only by the Akagi/Kaga pair and the Shoukaku/Zuikaku pairs, all of whom are from the Sakura Empire and require their pair buffs to compete in terms of damage. It's only recently that late game (worlds 12 and 13) meta and the advent of the Essex-class, Centaur, and Formidable that she's started to be pushed out of "best carrier" category. It could be suggested said meta was shaped to prevent her from easily beating enemies in those levels.
- Action Pet: Grim Reaper, Enterprise's Bald Eagle. note
- Archer Archetype: She wields something akin to a longbow and launches her planes as if they were real arrows. She fits the personality of the archetype dead-on as one of the most serious ships in the game, usually taking the burden of leadership of the Eagle Union if not Azur Lane as a whole.
- Born Lucky: True to her namesake, she has one of the highest luck in-game, and her skill Lucky E is named after the nickname earned for her extraordinary luck. Though she would ask if she could gave her luck to her sistersnote when asked about it.
- Catchphrase: "Owari da!"note , her skill activation line. Expect a PvE or PvP battle to end really quickly when you hear this line.
- Does Not Like Spam: Lemons note
- Draw Aggro: In "The Solomon Ranger", she ends up being the focus of the IJN attacks, allowing Saratoga to attack Ryuujou in return. She is injured in the process but is able to make back to port.note
- Headbutting Heroes: With Akagi, though it is one sided since she doesn't mind Akagi otherwise. Akagi, however, frequently vocalizes her dislike for Enterprise (and the rest of the Eagle Union).
- Hidden Depths:
- While seemingly an unflappable serious combatant, a good look at her lines reveals other aspects to her, in particular a desire for the fighting to end. It's quite clear that the loss of both her sisters and her half-sister have taken a toll on her, and for the playable/marry-able one, even though the miracle of Wisdom Cubes allows her to reunite with her sisters at your Azur Lane, the lessons she learned during the war remain.
- Her Christmas skin (and the event that went with it) has her happily taking up the role of Santa Claus, and repeatedly insisting she IS Santa.
- Her wedding skin reveals an earnest desire to do well as a wife, while her love line has her say that she wants to stay with the Commander once the war is over.
- Her casual skin has her expressing interest in peaceful activities and even showing she doesn't have any enmity against Sakura empire ships.
- Image Song: "Phantom 9" sung by Yui Ishikawa
- Insistent Terminology: During the Christmas event, she repeatedly insists that she IS Santa Claus and refuses to be addressed as Enterprise. Gridley's the only one who doesn't need to be corrected.
- It's Personal: In "Ashen Simulacrum" after hearing about her so much Enterprise finally confronts her Siren self face-to-face and the first thing both of them do is wordlessly draw their bows on one another. When Victorious tries to stop her Enterprise just yells at everyone else to stay out of it. Betraying her even-tempered behavior leading up to the moment it's quite obvious that Enterprise's blood is boiling at the sight of herself working with the Sirens and the attack on New York.
- Master of All: Enterprise backs up her balanced weapon efficiencies with some of the highest stats of any fleet carrier (only retrofitted Saratoga and the Essex class can seriously claim to surpass her stats without buffs like the IJN "1st/2nd/5th Carrier Division" skills) and one of the most powerful skills in the game.
- No-Sell: For eight seconds after activating her skill, Lucky E, Enterprise is completely immune to damage.
- One-Man Army: One of her lines references the time she was the ONLY operational American carrier in the Pacific, to the point there was a sign on her flight deck that simply read: "Enterprise vs Japan".
- Red Baron: Enterprise is also known by her many historical nicknames, including The Grey Ghost, which she mentions in one of her secretary lines, and "Lucky E", which is also the name of her signature skill.
- The Rival: Zuikaku claims she's this to her, though not as hostile due to Zuikaku joining Azur Lane as part of La Résistance. However, Enterprise doesn't acknowledge her, viewing every hostile Sakura carrier as her rival.
- Series Mascot: The EN version has made her the outright app icon (as opposed to Sara), which is probably due to a combination of her relationship to America and her sheer popularity.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Depending on the region, her eagle is known as either Grim Reaper, Shinigami or God of Death, all three being pretty much synonyms.
- Status Buff: Her Lucky E skill has a high chance of doubling the damage of her planes and avoiding all attacks for 8 seconds after launching an airstrike. Interestingly, this is currently her only skill, but it's the only one she needs to be the best aircraft carrier in the game, as it allows her to survive counterstrikes and wipe out entire enemy fleets with ease in both PvE and PvP.
- Survivor Guilt: A lot like Saratoga, there's a lot of shades of this in both her playable version's lines and her lines in various parts of the story, both after chapter 3 (where we get to see Yorktown's death in all its agony) and during "Solomon Ranger" (at which point nearly everyone from the early classes of Union carriers is dead and Saratoga is having to try and convince E to not go on a suicide run from her fury).
- Tragic Keepsake: Her eagle, Grim Reaper belonged to Yorktown before her sinking at Midway.
Voiced by: Nozomi Yamamoto
- Hello~ I'm Hornet! Ah, there's no need to be formal, you can go ahead and call me Miss Hornet~ It's tough having two great older sisters But I'm great too!
- Always Someone Better: Her sisters, she assumes you're interested in them at first and she generally strives to keep up with them.
- Balance Buff: Prior to an October 2018 update, her Doolittle Raid skill had half the activation rate it now has.
- Bare Your Midriff: While it's a natural consequence of wearing a bikini top and short shorts, she manages to keep her midriff unconvered in her formal "Bubbly Anniversary!" outfit.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Hornet herself is one, and of the classical dead little sister type to boot. Yorktown being killed may have been traumatic for both of them, along with the loss of their half-sister Wasp, but Hornet dying is implied to be what really left Enterprise traumatized at the start of "Solomon Ranger", since Hornet's death leaves Lucky E as basically an orphan in ship terms.
- Genki Girl: Energetic and always raring to go. This makes for quite a contrast to her more buttoned-down sisters.
- Historical In-Joke: Her defeat line has her wonder if she'll meet "a new me". After USS Hornet (CV-8) was sunk, the Essex-class carrier CV-12 was renamed to Hornet in its honour prior to launchnote .
- Love Confession: Notable in that she doesn't beat around the bush even slightly, and tells you straight to your face in her Love line.
- Odd Friendship: She and Northampton are good friends, even if Hornet thinks Northampton is a bit too rigid and Northampton thinks Hornet is a bit too loud.
- Platonic Life-Partners: The game and Queen's Orders portray her and Northampton like this, in reference to Northampton being Hornet's escort ship in real life.
- Signature Move: Her Doolittle Raid which adds a second wave of B-25 bombers to her air strikes.
- Status Buff: Her Assault Carrier skill doubles the damage of her airstrike when it activates.
- Stealth Pun: Her appearance alludes to her name: She has green eyes and blond hair, making her look more like her older half-sister Wasp than her white-haired, blue-eyed sisters. Hornets are a subspecies of wasps.
- Stripperiffic: Rather scantily clad compared to her sisters (under the coat is just a bikini top and short shorts).
- Successful Sibling Syndrome: Downplayed. She feels the pressure to live up to her older sisters (Yorktown being the first ship of their class and known for her Dying Moment of Awesome at Midway, and Enterprise being the single most-decorated US ship in World War II), but has enough self-confidence in her ability to live up to her sisters' names (perhaps referencing her own position in history via the Doolittle Raid).
- Tsundere: Defied. Hornet comments that she is a twintailed blonde but is not a Tsundere, and further states that she is not a stereotypical woman. In fact, she's very honest about her feelings.
- Unblockable Attack: No amount of anti-air or fighter screening can stop her Doolittle Raid skill from doing its damage, as the B-25 it creates isn't actually a normal plane, but just a shadow.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Hornet does, that's who. So far as can be told, Hornet always wears short shorts, as even in her formal "Bubbly Anniversary!" outfit, she wears short shorts.
Voiced by: Tomoyo Takayanagi
- Hm? You're that so-called Commander? Hmm......as long as there's space in your fleet, then it's alright to have me join you~
- Archer Archetype: Same with Enterprise, she wields something akin to a longbow and launches her planes as if they were real arrows, and most of her dialog focuses around her archery.
- Boring, but Practical: Wasp has, by far, the worst stats of any fleet carrier in every category (broadly similar to Ranger's - a light carrier - post-retrofit stats), save for her merely below-average reload, and she has a rather unimpressive skill (a moderate chance of launching some additional spitfires when she launches an airstrike), but she has one important thing going for her: she is the only rare (rather than elite or super rare) fleet carrier in the game, giving her the lowest oil consumption of any fleet carrier. This makes her quite practical when a map requires a carrier in the backline, but you want to field a battleship-focused backline, or if deploying two fleet carriers is required, but you only really need one, or even if your frontline can clear everything without help from the main fleet - just slot in Wasp to keep the oil costs down.
- Historical In-Joke: Her introductory line about it being alright for her to join so long as there's space in your fleet references the entire reason she was created: The Washington Naval Treaty limited the total combined tonnage each navy was allowed for building aircraft carriers. After Yorktown and Enterprise were built, they still had left over tonnage, but not enough for a third Yorktown-class, so they created the USS Wasp as a smaller, stripped down version of the Yorktown-class to use up the left-over tonnagenote .
- Idiot Hair: Two of them, to invoke image of an insect.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Much like her Yorktown-class half-sisters, Wasp has balanced efficiencies for all aircraft types and one squadron each of fighters, dive bombers, and torpedo bombers.
- Master of None: Unlike her half-sisters in the Yorktown-class, she doesn't have the stats or skills to back up her balanced proficiencies, and while the Yorktowns have medium-high stats and powerful skills (Yorktown and Hornet) or extremely high stats and incredibly powerful skills (Enterprise), Wasp has by far the worst stats of any fleet carrier (to the point many light carriers have better stats) and an unimpressive skill.
- Pervert Revenge Mode: She doesn't take kindly to a "special touch" when she's your secretary and threatens to shoot you anywhere and quite possibly everywhere that you don't specifically ask not to get shot.
- Stripperiffic: Wasp wears a very long jacket, which she keeps almost completely unzipped, so as to reveal everything above her waist, and under which, she's only wearing a bikini. It's likely a nod to the fact she's basically a stripped down version of the Yorktown Class meant to use up the remaining 15,000 tons of allowed carrier construction under the Washington Naval Treaty after the first two 20,000 ton Yorktown class carriers (Hornet was commissioned later, after Italy and Japan refused to sign the Second London Naval Treaty and activated its "escalator clause", permitting greater amounts of tonnage for the signatory nations and allowing the construction of new battleships with 16-inch cannons for the first time since the Washington Naval Treaty. As a result, Hornet was ordered to get something of the best available carrier design under construction while the follow-up class (the Essex-class) was being finalized). Even though she's about the same displacement as Ranger, Wasp isn't classified as a light carrier in-game, as all the extreme compromises in her design were to allow her to have the same air wing as full-sized Yorktown-class carriers in three-quarters the displacement, while Ranger had been designed around a smaller air wing than her Yorktown-class successors. Out of universe it's likely a nod to Hornet's style of dress who was built after her but added to the game earlier.
- Support Party Member: Inverted much like Prince of Wales as she gets buffed by being around English ships (referencing her time among their ships).
- Zettai Ryouiki: Her long jacket and stockings create Type A.
- Superior Successor: Made to be this to the Yorktown class and it actually shows in game as their statlines, efficiencies, and so forth are superior to point of perhaps outdoing even Enterprise. And their more supportive skill kits lend themselves quite well to late game content (World 12 and 13) where aviation damage is dampened.
Voiced by: Kaori Mizuhashi
- Is this where Enterprise A-Ahem!Essex, the Union's ground-breaking aircraft carrier, formally reporting for duty. Please, expect much from my combat performance! I would never let anyone be disappointed in me!
- Massively Numbered Siblings: She remarks on her sisters and how she should be a good example. The Essex class had twenty-four ships in it by the time production ended (and eight more cancelled in various stages of completion), with a number of these participating in WW2!
- No-Sell: Her "Absolute Evasion" skill makes it so that if you have at least four Union ships in the fleet (counting herself), there's a chance that any airstrikes done against the fleet will only do 1 damage.
- Overshadowed by Awesome:
- The root of her general envy of Enterprise, who receives all the praise in spite of the sound efforts that Essex and her sisters put in. In gameplay she might suffer this as to get the most out of her Status Buff skill, she needs to make kills with her planes, thus can be hindered by kill stealing, although player's general consensus is that she's one of the absolute best carrier in the game for later maps along with Centaur and Enterprise.
- She even suffered this in real life on her release with Taihou, resulting in her getting a fraction of the fanart she got. Thankfully she herself has been getting more fanart since the release of her biker skin - and her popularity seems to be pretty high in recent polls.
- Sempai Kouhai: Despite her apparent envy, she completely respects and reveres "Enterprise-sempai".
- Support Party Member: Has her No-Sell skill but at the same time gets small boosts from fellow Eagle Union carriers of any type.
- Worthy Opponent:
- In one of her secretary lines, she mentions that Musashi and Yamato were formidable opponents that she would like to meet again, given the chance; a reference to their clash at Leyte Gulf.
- Enterprise as well, who she spars against during an aircraft carrier tournament hosted by the Eagle Union.
Bunker Hill (CV-17)
- Bunker Hill, a member of the Essex Class. From now on I will be part of the fleet, and will listen to your commands. Be at ease, you will have the chance to see my abilities.
- Action Pet: She's always seen with a great horned owl.
- Emotionless Girl: This appears to be a result of originally only seeing herself as a weapon. As her affection grows, she starts to get better, though not by much.
- Rare Random Drop: To get her you're going to have to get lucky when beating the boss of 13-4, the latest main storyline level in Japan and China.
- Support Party Member: Depending on your fleet composition, she is able to provide one of a number of buffs, allowing her to be used with a number of builds. Unusually for the faction, it's a faction specific buff.
Voiced by: Akane Fujita
- CV-38, Shangri-La has officially fallen in line. I recorded many stories to be shared with you in my notebook, but before that first let us finish the work in front of us then.
- Always Someone Better: A better Hornet in every practical way. She not only has superior stats but her "Doolittle Raid Kai" skill has a better proc rate than Hornet's version of the skill.
- Counter Attack: Her other skill launches a spotter plane that will give her a stacking buff as long as it's out, but should it get shot down, a bombing run will occur.
- Gathering Steam: The spotter plane if left alone will increase her air power and accuracy in stacking buffs.
- Hipster: It would not be hard to mistake her as one given her "Collector's Paradise" skin.
- Historical In-Joke: Her name came as a result of Franklin D. Roosevelt saying that the "Doolittle Raid" had launched from Shangri-La. note As such, she is pretty much a better Hornet. Ironically, in real life, USS Hornet (CV-12), her sister ship named in honour of the sunken carrier, far outshined her, earning nine battle stars to Shangri-La's twonote , a Presidential Unit Citation, recovering the astronauts from Apollo 11 and Apollo 12 after they landed, and being preserved as a museum.
- Meganekko: She sports very prominent glasses and is seen carrying a book in her normal skin.
- Cute Little Fang: All 3 sport one, and all three are energetic and cutesy.
Voiced by: Atsumi Tanezake
- Ta-da! Im Albacore from the Eagle Union! Ah, did I surprise you? Sorry about that~ Starting today Im going to be a part of your fleet, so its nice to meet you~
- The Ace: One skill increases damage against a variety of enemies compared to most subs' single type and her character story has her among other things teaching other subs stretches and leading Long Island and some other gamer ships to victory in a game.
- Barely-There Swimwear: Possibly the girl with the smallest amount of clothing in the whole game, to the point that her official base skin is deemed too NSFW for the official Discord channel.
- Blackmail: Some of her lines have her doing that.
- The Dreaded: To Taihou, quite justified as Albacore was the one to sink her.
- Odd Friendship: With Taihou. Despite being responsible for Taihou's sinking (and her subsequent jump scare shenanigans), the two get along surprisingly well at Azur Lane based on event and side-story dialogue.
- The Prankster: Is fond of playing some pranks but takes some extra care in them so with a bucket of water style prank, she sets it up so only the commander's head gets wet.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Is very good at sneaking up on people and when she does so to Taihou, she faints.
Voiced by: Yurika Kubo
- I'm Cavalla, the Eagle Union submarine! I'll make this fleet famous through glorious victories, so just you wait, Commander!
- Barely-There Swimwear: Joins Albacore in the skimpy department, althogh she still has more clothing than Albacore. Her schoolgirl outfit is way more sensible by comparison.
- Sean Connery Is About to Shoot You: Her standard art has her pointing a handheld bofors gun directly at you.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Artist: Yumesaki Kaede
Voiced by: Akiko Hasegawa
- Hi~ Are you the Commander? Union submarine Dace, reporting for duty~ So, how many greeting torpedoes do you want me to launch?
- The Ditz: She seems to have issues with remember somethings like being a Gato-class. It's unknown if her torpedo obsession has anyting to do with this tendency.
- Gun Nut: Really likes torpedos, from firing them off to sleeping with one as one would a big plushie or pillow.
- Leotard of Power: Her default outfit is a competition swimsuit with a huge cutout from chest to navel.
- Shout-Out: Her swimsuit might be a reference to Misty's infamous swimsuit in Chapter 2 of The Electric Tale of Pikachu
Repair Ship (AR)
Voiced by: Maia
- It's nice to meet you, Commander. I'm the repair ship Vestal. I was once little Enterprise's exclusive caretaker. Seeing everyone live healthily is my joy.
- Lethal Chef: Maryland's login line has her talk about the smell of gunpowder before realizing that it's just Vestal cooking, which makes one wonder.
- The Medic: One of only two repair ships in the game so far, the other being Akashi of the Sakura Empire. Her main skill heals an ally at critical HP (only once per battle) and heals even more HP when used on Enterprisenote . Her other skill increases the party's stock of emergency repair kits outside of battle.
- Nun Too Holy: Her outfit is based on Catholic nun habit, including rosary mast, however she's closer to Hospital Hottie, and seems to have the hots for Enterprise.
- Seems to have borrowed DanMachi goddess Hestia's boob ribbon... This is actually a bit of Historical In-Joke, as the word "Vestal" is a reference to the Vestal Virgins, virgin Roman priestesses of the goddess Vesta, who was the Roman counterpart of the Greek goddess Hestia.
- Her swimsuit skin is even outright called "Refreshing Hestia" and has the same color scheme as the Hestia of DanMachi, so it's quite likely none of this is a coincidence.