Tropers / Ant-Man
Nobody special. Just some geek with a lot to say and no girlfriend.
Edits a lot of pages. Tried to create a trope ("Your name-your name-my name") but turns out someone already did that one
Currently working on a fanfic for Trope-tan
Tropes that apply:
- Abuse Mistake: As much as I like Futurama, verbal abuse is NOT something that should be Played for Laughs. Trust me. I know.
- Agnosticism: The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. If we can't even figure out how a bumblebee flies, I really don't think we would know whether a God or Gods really exist.
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: Peppy, flexible, skimpy uniform...not seeing a downside.
- All Love Is Unrequited: I tend to get friend-zoned by girls I like a lot. The ones who aren't already taken, that is.
- Aroused by Their Voice: God, Sarah Michelle Gellar has an incredibly sexy voice. ...Not to say the rest of her is any less attractive.
- Asperger Syndrome
- Berserk Button: REALLY doesn't like the words "freak", "nonsense", or "excuses".
- Better Than Canon: Lately I've been preferring screen adaptations to the actual comics. Thinking about DC makes me sink into depression and thinking about Marvel gives me an aneurism.
- Boldly Coming: What? Alien girls (especially Green-Skinned Space Babes) are hot, so sue me.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Pick any time between The Roaring Twenties and the early 90's, I can guarantee you I would've been a lot happier growing up then.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: At least that's what everyone tells me.
- Casual Kink: You'd be surprised. ;)
- Catharsis Factor: F*ck what parrents say, videogames make me less violent.
- Celeb Crush: Chloe Moretz (we're the same age!!!)
- Crossover Ship: Dexter and Blossom. They're just freaking adorable together!
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: What happened to the Superman who inspired kids to tie their bathroom towels around their necks and run around like they could fly? The characters we looked up to as kids? Now it's all just angsty for the sake of being angsty. The girl I love doesn't even know how to smile anymore. Nobody in Marvel or DC can be trusted and the only consistency I can still rely on is that things are just going to get worse and worse. *sniff* These people aren't my heroes anymore.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dogged Nice Guy
- Ephebophile: DON'T YOU FUCKING JUDGE ME!!!
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Which isn't to say I don't like women of other hair colors...
- Evil Is Cool / Love to Hate: Big fan of Darth Vader, The Joker, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Green Goblin, Mister Freeze, the REAL Mandarin, Venom, and Bane
- And thinks Megamind had a DAMN good taste in music.
- Evil Is Sexy: Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn. So much.
- Fan Dumb: Ever notice how Superman is always criticized for being invincible when Kryptonite Is Everywhere, while Batman has become a Memetic Badass of Chuck Norris levels for being Crazy-Prepared about everything and never needs a better explanation than simply being Batman?
- Fanon Discontinuity: "Death of the Family"? Never heard of it.
- Fan-Preferred Foe Yay Ship: Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf. No, not changing him into a werewolf.
- Fate Worse Than Death: My opinion of what poor, poor Arthur faces in Living With Hipstergirl And Gamergirl. Living with 2 girls that hot, one of which is a gamer, and not tapping either one? I literally cannot imagine a worse kind of hell. Seriously, that's like Prometheus's punishmentnote plus Loki's punisment note times like, eleventy billion!
- Foe Yay: I simply love this trope. Think about it: The Masquerade Will Kill Your Dating Life, right? But who's the one person who the hero isn't always finding some excuse to slip away from? The one person who they always make time for? The one person who has built their entire life around the hero? Who cares about them more than anyone else and won't let anyone else have them? The one who pushes their buttons until they just can't get enough of them? That's right.
- Growing Up Sucks
- Has a Type: Any girl who's a casual dresser, with an upbeat yet spunky personality who can beat me in comic book trivia or a video game (or maybe even roughhousing) and loves to loosen up and party down is okay with me!
- I don't know why everyone hates yaoi fangirls so much. I find them adorable. And I find a girl who's willing to admit when she's aroused very attractive.
- Hates Everyone Equally: All I want is to be able to live in a world where people can accept that when people hate each other, sometimes it's because of who they are, not the color of their skin. Is that too much to ask?
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Aquaman rocks, simple as that.
- Hypothetical Casting: wants to see...
- I Am What I Am
- I Have Many Names:
- In the Hood: I just have this thing for hoodies. Light, warm, and cover your head so people can't see you. (I'm paranoid, okay?) I practically feel naked without one.
- It's Not Porn, It's Art: Porn IS a form of art. A form that most people don't appreciate because they're in denial about the truth that humans are just pretentious animals, and we are slaves to our nature!
- Large Ham: You DARE to question my HAMMINESS!? For that, YOU. WILL. PAY!
- Marty Stu: I liked Captain America: The Winter Soldier and all, but face it: Cap was this trope in spades!!!
- Medium Awareness: I enjoy deconstructing this trope. Imagine: how would the characters react if they knew just how little actual choice they had in their lives? If they knew that Theory of Narrative Causality ensures that they're doomed to spend eternity defending a bunch of ungrateful assholes while every other aspect of their lives is ripped to shreds? If they knew that not even the sweet release of death could save them? If they knew that they were truly powerless to stop it?
- Memetic Badass: Y'know how everyone is always going "how did he do that?" "because he's Batman!"? Well, with me it's "how did he do that?" "because he's The Joker!"
- Memetic Molester: Deathstroke, for Rule of Funny.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: I mean it! You so much as look at her and you're DEAD!
- Mythology Gag: whenever I can make them, I go for it.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Let's just say I found the tree rape scene from Evil Dead...interesting.
- Not a Morning Person: I really wish I was, though.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Let's just say I get it from my mother and leave it at that. *shudder* I still have nightmares.
- No Social Skills: I wouldn't say none, just not a lot.
- No Yay: Harley Quinn and Deadshot. No. Just...no.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: I never give away my full name over the internet.
- Oral Fixation: I have a habit of holding my pencil with my teeth.
- OTP: Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown. Full stop.
- Parental Issues: I don't want to talk about it
- Perverse Sexual Lust: An unhealthy amount toward Supergirl. (Normally I don't go for "good girls", but she's an exception)
- Politically Incorrect Hero: I'll admit, I'm just a little bit misogynistic. Blame all these guys.
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Psychopathic Manchild
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Red Hulk was this for me when I saw The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!.
- Rooting for the Empire: Given how often the Marvel Universe shows that Humans Are Bastards, I find it hard not to root for Magneto. (When he's not going through Character Derailment, that is)
- Scars Are Forever: I have a little scar on my face from when I was a baby, when my Mom accidentally scratched me with her fingernail when changing my diaper.
- Seinfeldian Conversation: practically a hobby of mine
- Serious Business: if you tattle or squeal in any way at all on anyone, I will personally sent you right to the deepest circle of HELL!
- So Cool It's Awesome: My opinion of Man of Steel and, of corse, The Avengers
- So Bad, It's Good: My opinion of Green Lantern, Daredevil, and Hudson Hawk
- So Bad, It's Horrible: My opinion of Iron Man 3, Sea Of Monsters,note Superman Returns, any Fantastic Four movie, "Twilight",note Taylor Swift,note Justin Bieber,note they all suck!
- Square/Cube Law: I just don't get this trope. If something is so big, it should be durable. Should a tree trunk snap because it's so much bigger than a stick? Of corse not!
- Stalker with a Crush: Okay, I admit, sometimes when I like a girl and have free time...I sorta follow them a little.
- Tearjerker: I can never watch this without crying.
- That's What She Said / Is That What They're Calling It Now?: My favorite hobby.
- There's No "B" in Movie: I'm a sucker for the classics. Especially in MST3K form
- The Unreveal: I always wanted to know what happens when the edit lock expires. But I'm to chicken to find out.
- Totally Radical: What can I say? Retro is radical!
- When She Smiles: I just think Kristen Stewart would have a much better acting career if she smiled more. (She's kinda pretty, in a "shy best friend" sort of way) Well, and if she didn't star in the suck-jest film series of all time, But I Digress.
- Why Did It Have to Be Zombies?
- You Need to Get Laid: I do. I really do.
- Yuri Fan: Not just because Girl-on-Girl Is Hot, but I also think Trope-tan and Wikipe-tan are perfect for each other.