Trope-tan is the Moe Anthropomorphic personification of TV Tropes, designed by Palindromee in response to Wikipedia's Wikipe-tan and the Lost Media Wiki's LMW-tan. See Archive.Trope Tan Classic for the original Trope-tan concept that was created by Fawriel.
Her design includes many Personal Appearance Tropes:
- She has Innocent Blue Eyes with Exotic Eye Designs. They also match the curtains and are technicolor. They might even be a little supernatural.
- Youthful Freckles, Blush Stickers, and a Cute Little Fang (that sometimes gives her Fang Thpeak) adorn her face, and she is Ambiguously Brown.
- She sports blue hair with a yellow streak and a pair of large Girlish Pigtails with an ahoge and Hair Intakes.
- Her goggles do nothing. Or maybe they do something unusual?
- The outfit is a predominantly blue combo of a school uniform and a Magical Girl ensemble, sporting a waist ribbon, Modesty Shorts, and an Awesome Backpack that doubles as a Bag of Holding. Her left leg features Grade B Zettai Ryouiki because of its Fashionable Asymmetry. It bares her midriff, and includes Conspicuous Gloves. Additionally, it's Colour-Coded for Your Convenience, with colors eyedropped from the site and forums's design and a little bit of Orange/Blue Contrast.
- Her skirt looks like a lampshade.
- The pen in her front pocket is unusually dangerous.
- She carries a Hyperspace Mallet of Thumping, used to... boldly edit evildoers, trolls, ban evaders, vandals, and natter. She's dubbed it the Thumphammer.
- It's pronounced "tro-PAY".
- Her origin story◊ is in the form of a Gilligan Cutnote .
As for her personality:
- A Pint-Sized Powerhouse Cute Bruiser who's stronger than she looks—she has to be, with that giant hammer. Beware the Nice Ones, indeed.
- She's a Nice Girl, but Good Is Not Soft—she won't hesitate when it comes to taking necessary measures to keep the wiki peaceful and functional.
- A strong believer in Tropes Are Tools, she's doing her best to make sure that TV Tropes Will Enhance Your Life by helping out all over the wiki, from the Trope Repair Shop to Image Pickin' to Ask The Tropers.
But she's not alone in her journeys, no. She's got a couple of other acquaintances, themselves being personifications of other aspects of the website:
Darth-tan, like her counterpart Trope-tan, is a Moe Anthropomorphic version of the Darth Wiki side of the wiki. Her illustrator is Lemon.
Like Trope-tan, her design has several Personal Appearance Tropes:
- Her color palette, which also happens to be colorpicked from the Darth Wiki pages, is Red and Black and Evil All Over.
- Her default expression has Tsurime Eyes to indicate her more callous and unpredictable personality, and she has red Dull Eyes of Unhappiness.
- She wears a Badass Longcoat themed after Darth Vader, a reference to the namespace she represents and also the now-defunct Darth Vader Clone trope.
- Unlike Trope-tan, who has dark-blue hair, she has black-and-red hair instead, establishing herself as the Evil Brunette Twin of the two. Aside from that, she has a row of sharp teeth that also goes against Trope-tan's Cute Little Fang.
- A pair of red-rimmed Triangle Shades perches atop her head. Whenever she puts them on, she has a strange urge to reminisce upon the site's past.
- She wields an extremely lethal Arm Cannon located on her artificial left hand dubbed the Dethroner Mk. II, named after the Dethroning Moment of Suck. When fired, it has a large blast radius that leaves such problems as complaining, unnecessary snark, Word Cruft, and natter in its wake.
And for her personality:
- The entirely unapologetic Evil Counterpart to Trope-tan. While also representing the DarthWiki namesake, she also represents what you shouldn't do while editing on the wiki.
- Her relation to Trope-tan is a whole other matter entirely. Are they sisters? Is Darth-tan Trope-tan's Superpowered Evil Side? Are they something else entirely?
- No matter how evil she may be, her misdeeds include comparing literally everything to whichever disaster is going on currently by means of Harsher in Hindsight and shoving Nightmare Fuel examples into any piece of media she likes, believing it somehow makes it "mature". It's up to Trope-tan to clean up her messes.
Sugar-tan, like the aforementioned Trope-tan and Darth-tan, is the Moe Anthropomorphism of the Sugar Wiki side of the site. She is illustrated by Excessive-Menace.
As usual, she has plenty of Personal Appearance Tropes:
- Her color palette is based off of Sugar Wiki's color scheme, with plenty of pink to highlight her femininity and cheerfulness.
- Her default expression has Tareme Eyes to indicate her sweet personality, and her Exotic Eye Designs are heart-shaped pupils. Is a Perpetual Smiler with a Cat Smile when her mouth is closed and has a beauty mark near her mouth.
- She wears a pink Meido getup with plenty of bows and Frills of Justice. There's also a Grade B Zettai Ryouiki with a diamond pattern like the Sugar Wiki's background and a pink waist ribbon.
- Similar to Trope-tan's dark blue hair and Darth-tan's black-and-red hair, Sugar-tan has dark-brown-and-pink hair, referencing the namespace's chocolatey design and making her a Rose-Haired Sweetie.
- Doesn't wear eyewear much, but she sometimes wears heart-shaped Purely Aesthetic Glasses that make her look cuter.
- Wields an assortment of kitchen utensils, including a Frying Pan of Doom, which she uses to make plenty of sweets and pastries for everyone to eat (including herself). Eating her food can cause one to gush about how awesome, funny or heartwarming things are without inhibitions as well as giving them sweet dreams.
As for her personality:
- The Foil to Darth-tan; not only does she represent the SugarWiki namespace, she also holds domain over the Just for Fun pages as well as the more casual forums. Like Darth-tan, her exact relationship with Trope-tan is a complete mystery.
- She's very peppy and kind-hearted, always willing to gush about her favorite shows and characters, as well as providing some fun and levity when things get too serious. However, Trope-tan has to rein her back whenever she gets too eager in her activities.
- She and Darth-tan are each other's Sitcom Arch-Nemeses, getting into petty squabbles over their contrasting beliefs and philosophies. Trope-tan acts as the mediator to prevent things from getting too drastic.
WMG-tan is the Moe Anthropomorphication of the Wild Mass Guessing part of the site. She was designed by Lapsem.
Her Personal Appearance Tropes are as follows:
- She's a Black and Nerdy Bespectacled Cutie and Cute Bookworm, whose thick Opaque Nerd Glasses would be much too heavy on anyone else. However, woe betide you if The Glasses Come Off.
- Her color palette is taken from WMG pages' layout, primarily their yellow accents with, on mobile devices, black background. Lower half mostly notwithstanding.
- Has Hammerspace Hair styled into four buns, two large and two smaller, which she often uses in place of a backpack or a handbag. However, the more things she stuffs inside, the harder it becomes to focus on any one thing to pull out.
- She's got plenty of Fashionable Asymmetry, primarily via Duality Motif, meant to represent WMG's inconstant, ever-changing swirl of fan-theories.
- The shirt she wears beneath her leather jacket is black on the right side, and striped yellow on the left, and the sleeves have inverted colors for their "slanted stripe" pattern, with a lighter yellow at front and duller yellow at back mixed with black. Nothing in her wardrobe is completely symmetrical.
- Her left stocking is celery-colored while her right is carrot-colored, and the laces of her blueberry canvas sneakers are each squash- and pumpkin-colored. Mmm... Edible Theme Naming.
- All of the hair on the left side of her body is an unnatural sand-blond. This one wasn't her doing, but she does have some idea of how it came about...
- Her time-weathered leather jacket is meant to appear as though patched up and repaired from many scraps of leather, befitting WMG pages' note-laden background, and also has a large golden letter "W" on the back. Additionally, the buttons on the shoulderpads are meant to mimic the Random Trope/Work buttons on WMG pages.
- Has long, Pointy Expressive Ears, on which she likes showing off her collection of earrings.
- Her freckled cheeks seem flecked with motes of gold, which seem to sparkle When She Smiles, laughs, or is otherwise excited.
- Has a pear-shaped physique.
As for her personality:
- She's the Cloudcuckoolander/Bunny-Ears Lawyer of the bunch. There's hardly any filter between her brain and her mouth and she has a marked fondness for spouting off Non Sequiturs whenever she can get them in, but in reality, she's not nearly as scatterbrained as she lets on. In more serious situations, she drops this habit entirely.
- Is a skilled practitioner of Confusion Fu, frequently pulling a whirlwind of improbable weapons in and out of her Hammerspace Hair in a fight. Has a particular liking for books, but the biggest mainstay of her arsenal is her trusty multifunctional Mind Screwdriver.
- She has no blood relation to the other three.
- She's made her home in a tree-house in a forest of Epileptic Trees, where she's lived since she was a little girl.
- She's fairly certain that her time spent in this strange place is what's brought about her various changes, like her half-blond (and very spacious) Hammerspace Hair, spacey nature, Unusual Ears, capacity for Offscreen Teleportation, and golden freckles, eyes, fingernails, and blood. Those who've been on her bad side swear that she's a Humanoid Abomination, but she's just chuckled whenever she gets wind of something like this.
- Has had many Fleeting Passionate Hobbies over the years, but being a huge bookworm and a Gamer Chick par excellence are two mainstays among them.
- Speaks in a Liverpudlian accent.
- Before she was WMG-tan, she was known as Willow Mikaela Greenwood.note
- Is a huge fan of Doctor Who.