open/close all folders
Nitros in General
- Deep Sleep: Nitro can survive for millennia without food and water through cryptobiosis. The downside to this is that they cannot wake up without outside interference. They also need to replenish themselves immediately after waking up.
- The Dreaded: To those who know of their existence which is a closely guarded secret. The higherups of IGO are put on alert when they find signs of increased Nitro activity in the Human World. Chef Yuda's panic when he sees the Gourmet Corp unleash several Nitros during their invasion says it all.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: They were called "Nitro" because of their hard-to-predict temper, ready to explode at any time. Curiously, the one Toriko encountered in Sky Garden didn't give off any hostility. It may have been a Blue Nitro. Even The Taste Hermit has a temper. Granted, the Four Kings did wreck havoc in his house and inflicted a head injury on him. That would make anyone mad.
- Humanoid Abomination: An apish creature with a bird like face filled with rows of teeth and empty eyes, an image so unnerving that the Gourmet Corps decided to copy it for their GT Robos. Friendly Nitro like Chichi, Kaka, and the Red Nitro seen in the flashback depicting the lost civilization of Area 7 where they lived in harmony with humans and monkeys have visible pupils in their eyes, making them seem less creepy.
- No Biological Sex: Due to them being a type of appetite demon, they lack genitals to reproduce because they can be revived countless times.
- Lizard Folk: They are commonly degraded into those nicknames by several other characters.
- Precursors: To modern day chefs, having advanced techniques to cooking specialized animals long before humanity even came up with the methods to do so.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: There are two subspecies of the Nitro, the Red and Blue. The Red have Hair-Trigger Temper, while the Blue are much calmer, but are arguably more heinous than the former. The Red Nitro were originally the Blue Nitros' slaves. The Blue Nitro even went so far as to crush the Red Nitros' vocal chords so they could never speak.
- Super Speed: One bit an Ozone Herb twice so fast that the Herb thought it was bitten by two people at once.
Tropes about Red Nitro
- Awesomeness by Analysis: It copied Toriko's Nail Punch after seeing it once. The one Toriko and Komatsu met in the Sky Garden copied the method of eating the Ozone Herb after seeing them do it just once.
- Benevolent Precursors: The Taste Hermits dedicated themselves to leaving behind stone murals depicting recipes to ensure that said knowledge would never be lost.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: Is a Toothy Bird that has rows of teeth covering the top of its jaw
- Slave Race: The Red Nitro were slaves to the Blue Nitro. Their masters even crushed their vocal chords rendering them unable to speak to make them more like animals.
- Supreme Chef: An entire race of these. Acacia discovered "God" by observing the Nitro from a safe distance.
- Though it seems more like Acacia learned of Nitro through the Blue Nitro - who came to see him a month from the Gourmet Eclipse. "Pair" is even presumed to be a Blue Nitro, meaning they're wholly capable of speaking human language.
- Toothy Bird: Has More Teeth than the Osmond Family
- Winged Humanoid: Some varieties have them.
Voiced by: N/A
- Dirty Old Man: He has a lot of adult magazines.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: He's a Nitro, so it's to be expected.
- Talking Animal: In a sense, he's the first Nitro shown to be able to speak.
Voiced by: N/A
- Cute Monster Girl: More so now we can see her mouth.
- Cute Ghost Girl: She's a Food Spirit.
- Distressed Damsel: She's kidnapped by Joie's Appetite Demon.
- Killed Offfor Real: Kaka is killed by the hand of ATOM, the blue Nitro who tricked Toriko and others.
- Our Ghosts are Different: Kaka we see in the story is a food spirit, yet, her spirit form still persist and cannot be killed again by other.
- Motor Mouth: She likes to over explain things.
- Nice Girl: Compared to virtually every other Nitro (Red and Blue), she's a sweetheart.
- Supreme Chef: She's the Bronze Chef of the Flavor Sages.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: She has very feminine eyes, complete with long eyelashes.
Voiced by: N/A
- Badass Mustache: Subverted. They're actually his eyebrows.
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: Part of why people assume his eyebrows is a mustache is due to him wearing sunglasses above them.
- Supreme Chef: He's the Gold Chef of the Flavor Sages.
Tropes about Blue Nitro/Goumet Nobles
- Body Horror: Unlike the Red Nitro who have regular beaked mouths with rows of teeth, the Blue Nitro have their mouths open vertically.
- Hero Killer: The Blue Nitros attack — possibly kill — at least several members of the 0th Isotope. One also finishes off Ichiryu after Midora spared him.
- Picky Eater: The Nitro in sky garden spits out the Ozone Herb, the finest vegetable in the Human World, because it is used to even better ingredients.
- Precursors: To modern day chefs, having advanced techniques to cooking specialized animals long before humanity even came up with the methods to do so.
- Abusive Precursors: The Blue Nitro enslaved humans and the Red Nitro.
- Immortal Procreation Clause: The Blue Nitro cannot reproduce but they can endlessly reincarnate as long as there is something to eat since they embody appetite. This is why they season and harvest worlds. It's also why they are so afraid of Neo — anything it eats is gone forever (the energy and mass is removed from the universe entirely) and if left unchecked it will eventually reduce the universe to nothingness.
ATOM /Fake Kaka
Voiced by: N/A
- Afro Asskicker: Showing to have this under his turban when he is blasted away by Bambina's blast.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: See The Mole below.
- Body Horror: He has another face inside his mouth.
- Chekhov's Gunman: She was in the Gourmet Pyramid during the Mellow Cola arc and was awoken from her cryptobiosis by Komatsu's actions.
- Cute Monster Girl: Who'd of thought female Nitros looked this cute? At least, until his face opens vertically...
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Revealed to actually be a male Blue Nitro disguising as the real and female Kaka. Well, his true form is really manly, but the fact that he only needed to hide his afro and muscles, altered his skin tone and adding some eyelashes to look this convincing should really say something.
- Interestingly, Atom in disguise look much cuter than the only female blue Nitro Another, who is rather old.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: His true personality. He gets pissed off very easily and the crazy eyes don't help.
- Impersonation Gambit: The Kaka that the Four Heavenly Kings meet is impersonating the real Kaka in an attempt to kidnap Komatsu.
- Nice Girl: Compared to Chichi. It's an act though.
- Poisonous Friend: It's implied she's only trying to help Komatsu to get the recipes he retrieved Gourmet Pyramid. This is a potential reason he tried to approach Komatsu in secret during the fight with Bambina, though what exactly he intended to do is still unknown.
- Supreme Chef: She, Chichi and a third Nitro called Jiji have the title of Gold Chef, Silver Chef and Bronze Chef.
- The Mole: A distinct possibility, considering he's actually a Blue Nitro. He was certainly planning on doing something to Komatsu that he felt the Heavenly Kings wouldn't permit and they appear to harbor suspicions towards him as well.
- Token Good Teammate: She's the first and (currently) only Nitro not to show any hostility towards humans or even a Hair-Trigger Temper Averted when Kaka (fake) reveals as a blue nitro.......
- Villainous Crossdresser: He is actually a guy.
Voiced by: N/A
- Affably Evil: Expresses genuine admiration for Toriko and Komatsu's "combo", though he doubts they will be able to defeat Bambina.
- Emotion Control: He was able to use "Taste Change" with his tail to make Toriko angrier, in order to fight NEO.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Appears in the Ozone Herb arc, making him the first Nitro seen in the series. Turns out to be a member of the Gourmet Nobility and a personal acquaintance of Acacia, meaning he is a hugely important character.
- Nerves of Steel: Remains perfectly calm while he's right next to Neo!Acacia after the latter just threatened to eat him.
- Picky Eater: Spat out the Ozone Herb, the most delicious vegetable in the Human World, because it didn't live up to his standards.
- Token Good Teammate: So far, he appears to actually respect humans, making him a rarity among the Blue Nitro. He also showed no hostility when he encountered Toriko and Komatsu in Sky Garden.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Wants to revive Neo in it's Perfect Form so they can finally kill it and seal it in order to finally stop it from eating everything. The plan will cause all life on Earth to be wiped out.
- All-Loving Hero: Due to his role in stopping the Gourmet War, people think of him as this. Seemingly subverted and then played straight. He pretended to be the Big Bad so that people would get angry enough to defeat Neo, but his true goal all along has been to save Earth and bring back people from Neo's Deader Than Dead devouring. He's probably the first one to actually feel pity for Neo who he saw as 'all alone' and tried to kill Joie because he thought it would be too cruel for Midora to have to do so
- Archnemesis Dad: Is Toriko and Starjun's.
- Big Bad: Acacia is very much the main antagonist of the Gourmet World arc, being the ultimate cause of quite literally EVERYTHING BAD that has happened in the story.
- Good All Along: in the end of the story turns out, that all of that was done to save creatures, devoured by Neo.
- Battle Couple: With Froese, as it turns out the latter is female. It is confirmed the two were in at least a sexual relationship. Ultimately averted, as Acacia only exploited Froese's skill as a chef and she, in turn is well aware of his darker nature, to the point that she ripped her children out of her womb to hide them from him. Later turns out, that Froese's refusal to work with him was another lie, and they had pretty nice relationship, while she was alive.
- Bishonen Line: Zigzaged. his ultimate form without Neo is a bold, shiny version of himself, his ultimate form after eating Neo is a Humanoid Abomination with animalistic features which look less human but not as nasty the lumpy misshapen things that he was before eating GOD. After eating the Eight Kings, Neo starts to overcome Acacia, mutating him into a creature even more grotesque than his initial form.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Highly regarded as the legendary Gourmet Hunter who saved the world. Was beloved as a father figure by his three disciples. Turns out to be a hateful man who cares for nothing but sating his own appetite who pretended to be a loving mentor and father to his disciples so he could manipulate them and shed fake tears over his combo partner's grave. While NEO seemed to be The Man Behind the Man, ultimately he is just a mindless appetite with a taste for fear, the plan that tear the planet apart was his and his alone. It was all an act to enrage his opponents so that they may create a flavor that is harmful to NEO namely pure Rage.
- Blinding Turban: His eyes are always covered with a turban till chapter 243.
- Broken Pedestal: Shatters it for his former disciple Jirou in chapter 367. Jirou begs him with his dying breath not to do the same thing to Midora, since Midora still has fond memories of the happy life (which Jirou has just found out was a lie) they shared together.
- Crocodile Tears: Claims in chapter 367 that the tears he shed over Froese's grave were fake. They may very well be fake since Froese's death is vital to their plan of sending her to the spirit world to cook NEO.
- Generation Xerox: Maybe unintentional, but Acacia resembles an Older and Wiser Coco with a much sterner look with the reveal of his eyes.
- Humanoid Abomination: He held a very powerful appetite demon known as NEO. To present, his appetite demon takes over his human body, and becomes a Eldritch Abomination. After he ate NEO, he become and even nastier abomination.
- It's All About Me: All Acacia gives a damn about is his own appetite. The lives of anything or anyone else are completely irrelevant. Actually he acts this way, because this is vital to his plan. Turns out he selfless enough to make people beat him to death, just to help save someone's friends.
- Kick the Dog: After being revealed as the Big Bad, he passes no chance to talk or act like a total bastard, to the point it might seem he's actively trying to make his opponents mad.
- Jerkass Façade: Which is exactly what he's trying to do. Turns out, that he figured out, that NEO can't stand the flavour of rage and tries to deliberately enrage the heroes, so their anger would force him to regurgitate his victims, freeing them.
- The Man Behind the Man: According to Kuriboh, he fed GOD to the rich and powerful to gain their loyalty. They and their descendants formed NEO. He is also behing Ichiryu and Froese's plan, and it seems to be the one he actually believe in.
- Mook Maker: How NEO, his appetite demon splits up to retrieve the remaining main course. Although mooks isn't a very fitting word, since at this point his pieces are powerful enough to be a threat to main character.
- Person of Mass Destruction: The Gourmet Monster sleeping within him will devour the world.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Gleefully sexist, and brags to Midora that even after he cheated on Froese regularly, she was still a 'proper woman' who'd wait on him. Once again, this was an act to 'cultivate' people's rage to the extent that they could defeat Neo. He truly loved Froese and thought of her as his precious partner.
- Posthumous Character: Subverted: He is very much alive, he's just not quite human anymore.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: Upon eating God and Center, his Capture was AT LEAST 8000, greater then any individual Eight King. Upon eating his own appetite, NEO, who's own capture level increased to 22,000 upon eating God, their combine dcapture level increased to at least 30,000, the highest recorded capture level in the series, 3 times that of GOD.
- Really 600 Years Old: He was in his 600s on his deathbed.
- Scars Are Forever: The reason he wears a turban is to hide the one on his forehead.
- Shrouded in Myth:
- Slasher Smile: Flashes a few cruel, evil grins. Particularly terrifying after he consumes NEO itself and gains a mouth of razor sharp fangs.
- Speak Ill of the Dead: Neo!Acacia mocks the late Ichiryuu for being "weak" because the latter actually cared about things besides stuffing his own face. This enrages his opponent Don Slime, Ichiryuu's former Appetite Demon, who had been won over by Ichiryuu's kindness and strength of character. He knows Ichiryu is fine in the Spirit world.
- Villainous Glutton: Acacia's appetite surpasses almost all others, and he's willing to devour everything that lives to satisfy it.
- Walking Spoiler: the fact he's even alive, much less the Big Bad...
- Was It All a Lie?: Acacia confirms to the dying Jirou that the whole "happy family" thing was an act when he claims that his tears over Froese's death were fake. Apparently, his villainous and selfish demeanor was an actual lie, since making people hate him was vital to defeat Neo.
- Your Cheating Heart: Gleefully reveals to Midora he regularly cheated on Froese. Probably another lie to enrage Midora.
Voiced by: Sakiko Uran (Japanese), Juli Erickson (English), Isabel Romo (Latin American Spanish)
- Badass Boast: "How many decades... No... How many centuries has it being, I wonder, since I've shed blood. So, then, what is it you're doing, Kuribo? Depending on your answer, you may not get out of this unharmed, you child!
- Barrier Maiden: Can create protective barrier encompassing the whole human world, to protect it against the aftereffects of Jiro's attacks.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Setsuno is a Technical Pacifist who avoids violence when she can, even against monsters, and overall is a very kind and helpful person. But if you manage to make her truly mad... well, Toriko's world is not a gentle world and she is considered a national resource for a reason.
- Blow You Away: She can manipulate air pressure.
- Alternatively, she can decrease the air pressure in order to make the air so thin that her opponents normally lose consciousness.
- Gag Boobs: Is one more well-endowed characters in the series, in spite of her being a petite old granny.
- Healing Factor: Probably thanks to Food Honor, but it's not sure she can receive a diagonal cut so deadly that can be hereditary for dozens of generations and shrug it off without effort in seconds.
- Made of Iron: Kousairou's Calorie Gui steals TEN MILLION Kilocalories from her and she doesn't bat an eye—even after she's also squeezed by Kuribo AND hit with Cooking King Zaus's Rinne Oroshi, which is a cut so deep it ingrains itself INTO YOUR GENETIC MAKEUP AND IS PASSED ONTO YOUR DESCENDANTS—she healed the wound in moments without much effort.
- Morph Weapon: Her kitchen knife "Takitsuba" can change its blade's shape.
- Never Mess with Granny: Seriously...don't.
- Person of Mass Destruction: There is around half a dozen creatures on the planet that could force her to go all out. Cutting tsunamis the size of mountains and miles wide took her less effort than Komatsu cutting a radish, for example.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: "You had best not drive my blood pressure any higher... You'll at least want some time to regret your actions, won't you?". Doubles as a Badass Boast, too.
- Supreme Chef/Chef of Iron
- Super Reflexes: She managed to nearly stop a storm of sub-atomic blades that wiped out a city, the mountain range and a dozen or so miles of the ocean behind her while protecting the chefs and suffering only superficial wounds.
- Walk on Water: By hitting the water so fast and lightly as to defy gravity and create perfect balance. And she can move faster than the speed of sound.
- Your Head Asplode: Her "Great Pressure Cooker", where she increases the air pressure so much that any creatures in the area will explode.
Knocking Master Jiro
Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Japanese), Philip Weber (English), Ricardo Rocha (Latin American Spanish)
- The Alcoholic: Likes his booze, and we almost always see him wasted.
- Bishonen Line: When the last 2 nails of his knocking are removed he instantly turn into handsome middle-aged man
- Big Good: Shares with Ichiryu.
- Cool Guns: His Hard-Type Knocking Rifles.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: We first see him as a harmless drunk on a train asking for booze. It turns out he is one of the three mightiest beings in the gourmet world.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: One hit kills all of the Blue Nitro before NEO comes in, even when they bring out the Golden Cookware.
- Deathby Irony: All the damage he's ever negated with Knocking in his lifetime hits him all at once when Acacia releases Jirou's Damage Knocking. Acacia estimates it's enough force to destroy the planet multiple times.
- Finger Poke of Doom: His ability of knocking is so extraordinary that not only he can decapitate a super-powered resuscitated Nitro with a flick, but create an absolute paralysis at the same time for a beast of over 200 capture level, whose biology is made to be near-immune to paralysis.
- Godzilla Threshold: After meeting the fragment of Neo, Jiro decides to finally remove the Knocking sealing away his full power.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Relying on "Damage Knocking" throughout his life ultimately seals his fate when Acacia releases it — even someone as tough as him couldn't survive all of that accumulated force hitting him at once. It's possible that may have been the reason Acacia taught it to him in the first place.
- Living on Borrowed Time: A big part of his badass cred is how he could easily nullify any damage by Knocking it. But the damage themselves never actually go away, just delayed, so if his enemy knows how to release all of the Knockings at once, all of that delayed damage he's accumulated will hit him at once. Which is supposedly enough damage to destroy the earth several times over, mind you.
- No-Sell: As if he isn't strong enough in "Rampaging Beast" form, he can use knocking to "paralyze" the damage he takes from attacks. Unfortunately, this doesn't actually remove the damage. So when all of the Damage Knocking is released at once...
- Older Than They Look: In the Gourmet World, Jiro can make himself look younger. He also used to be a student of Acacia, making him over 500 years old.
- The Paralyzer: He's called the Knocking Master for reason, to the point that he doesn't even need to touch you or even get near you to neutralize you.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Destroying entire islands would be a mere nuisance for his abilities. It goes to the point that he can create apocalyptic world-wide damage by the SIDE EFFECT of one of his attacks. When more of his full power is released, his Guinness Punch is strong enough to destroy the entire Human World.
- Physical God: Just like all of Acacia's disciples, he is THE apex predator even in the Gourmet World. To the point that he managed to stop the rotation of a planet the size of Saturn with a single punch.
- Power Limiter: The Knocking Acacia performed on him in his youth seals away his full power as the "Rampaging Beast".
- Raised by Wolves: And not just any wolf, but the Wolf King Guinness! The reason Jiro is so freakishly powerful is because Guinness had been feeding him Nitros and Gourmet Cell monsters since infancy. Acacia taunts him by claiming that being raised by an animal made Jiro stupid.
- Shaping Your Attacks: His "Shourou Guinness Punch" a spiraling beam of "Appetite Energy" in the shape of a wolf's head.
- Story-Breaker Power: "Grand Knocking", which lets him paralyze the entire planet and everything on it.
- Superpowered Evil Side: His Rampaging Beast form, in which he releases the seals Acacia put on him, turning his entire body black, his body frame becomes slimmer and more skeletal, he eyes turn into white holes, and gains sharp teeth and a long tongue.
- The Worf Effect: To everybody in the gourmet competition. A single offhand attack managed to stop all of the Bishokukai, the strongest chefs, Nitros, and the Heavenly Kings. He is on the receiving end of this when Neo!Acacia effortlessly kills him even after he released his full power.
- Temporary Bulk Change: He can turn into a giant by jabbing some knocking guns into his shoulders.
- World's Strongest Man: The physically strongest human character, who is so strong Acacia had to put Knocking on him and teach him techniques to balance it. His Guinness Punch after having some of his Knocking removed is strong enough to travel 1/5 of the Toriko world's circumference and would have destroyed Human World if not for Setsuno's Pressure Barrier.
Voiced by: Kokoro Kikuchi (Japanese)
- An Ice Person: She has the ability to freeze things.
- Older Than They Look: She looks like a little girl, but she's clearly an adult.
- The Quiet One: She's very silent and discrete.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Mint green.
- Ambiguous Gender: Due to inconsistency, it's still not for certain what Terry's gender is. Similar to Crona in Soul Eater, the dub refers to Terry as a boy by default. If a theory early in the manga is correct and anything resembling real-world biology can be said to apply to this series, then Terry was produced parthenogenetically by the mother wolf, and is therefore also female.
- Badass Adorable: She's a puppy, a puppy that can kick the ass of full grown beasts. Even near full grown, she's still adorable.
- Last of Her Kind: Possibly? Terry's mother was created by the IGO's cloning techniques, so there could be others of the species, but none have been shown or commented on. We've now seen another Battle Wolf, one of the Eight Kings no less, in the Gourmet World.
- Noble Wolf: Just like her mother, she's one of the most powerful and noble wolves in fiction.
- Picky Eater: She'll only eat BB Corn and Crab Pig.
- All Animals Are Dogs: It acts like a dog.
- Defeat Means Friendship: After it was beaten by Terry, it became his servant.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: It's a Obsaurus (whatever that is).
- Heel–Face Turn/Face–Heel Turn: Due to intimidation, it'll become anyone's servant
- Spare Body Parts: It has two faces, but one mouth and tongue.
- Clever Crows: He's an Emperor Crow. Unlike many examples, it's a positive character.
- Everything Is Better With Spinning: His preferred method of attack is to spin like a drill and pierce through things with his beak.
- Feather Flechettes: Although he just uses it to obstruct an opponents' vision.
- Chekhov's Gunman: As it turns out, the final ingredient to the Century Soup is Wall Penguin saliva.
- Everything's Better with Penguins
- Hidden in Plain Sight: In one of the "Run Run Yun" segments, his stomach served as the sunset background of the picture he was supposed to hide in. Tina did admit this was cheating a bit. Chapter 316 reveals that he can also create a "Rest Room" like the Octomelon and the Denshark.
- Cool Pet: To Sunny.
- Snakes Are Sexy: Sunny seems to think so.
Voiced by: Wataru Takagi (Japanese), Bryan Massey (English), Salvador Reyes (Latin American Spanish)
- Accidental Misnaming:
- He's called Zombie, for one, due to his name sounding similar to that.
- Even the closed caption has gotten it wrong.
- An Axe to Grind: His weapon of choice, although it looks more like a butcher's knife.
- Born Lucky: Turns out to have a good chunk of Food Luck on him with him completely unaware of it. It explains why he was able to surivive so many perilious situations throughout the series.
- Butt-Monkey: That poor man accidentally becomes Bambina's wife because Zongeh just look exactly the same to Bambina's deceased lover. Later, Zongeh passes out because the eight king kisses that poor soul so many time and puts him into coma.
- Fartillery: Frustrated by his inability to so much as startle a Surprise Apple, he farts on it. This works, putting the apple at "Surprise Level 80".
- Genre Savvy: He turned out right in there was a shortcut to the Gourmet Show Window in the Century Soup arc, which saved the lives of everyone.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: He got his "skills" from playing RPG videogames.
- Joke Character: For one thing, all the ingredients on his Full Course Menu have Capture Levels of 1 or less. Except the Garara Gator, but having the Warm-Up Boss of the series on the menu still isn't something to be proud of.
- Mugging the Monster: When he first appears, he tries to bully Toriko into giving him some of the drinks the latter bought. After Toriko uses a bit of intimidation on he backs down, but when they meet up at the Gourmet Hunter tavern before the Ice Hell arc, he insists on acting like he and Toriko are equals. The other Gourmet Hunters are stunned by this.
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Throwing Your Axe Always Works: No it◊ doesn't.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: He seems to believe the world operates to RPG logic. And that he's the hero. Even parodied in chapted 221 where he claims that he got a lot of experience from playing a lot with the Musou Series.
Voiced by: Kousuke Toriumi (Japanese), Jason Douglas (English), Christian Strempler (Latin American Spanish)
- Cool Sword: His katana "Dragon King".
- Dissonant Serenity: His ultimate technique requires him to be calm for three minutes, then when he explodes, he EXPLODES!
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Explicitly stated to be one.
- Scars Are Forever: He got into a fight with Zebra... it didn't go well for him. On the other hand, he did survive, so it could've been worse...
- Bishōnen: Borderline Dude Looks Like a Lady thanks to his face shape.
- Body Horror: His abilities are able to dislocate bones and skeletal structures, especially if he concentrates enough.
- The Fettered: He's a member of the Gourmet Knights, who have very strict rules about what they can and can't eat.
Voiced by: Kenji Nojima (Japanese), Christopher Corey Smith (English), Carlos Domínguez (Latin American Spanish)
- Archer Archetype: He's pretty good with a bow and arrow, turning Jerryboy into a pincushion in seemingly one volley.
- Authority Equals Ass Kicking: He's the leader of the Gourmet Knights.
- Plague Master: He can "eat" diseases and produce cures for them. Not to mention he can turn all 100 TRILLION bacteria in his body into viruses and infect someone with them causing them to rot away.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Toriko.
Voiced by: Masaya Onosaka (Japanese), David Wald (English), Edson Matus (Latin American Spanish)
- The Ace: Guy is able to take down Tommyrod at full power (to be honest though, Toriko fucked up Tommyrod badly before he stepped in).
- Forget that, this guy took down ZEBRA (with help from Yosaku).
- Brainwashed and Crazy: What he actually is. Joie says he "turned" his flavor. May be more than simple mind control, though.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Oh hell yeah, he is.
- Face–Heel Turn: Came with Joie in a black outfit, implying he's now with NEO.
- Green Thumb: He uses plants and trees to aid him in combat.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: After receiving a huge shock thanks to Joie.
- Hypocritical Humor: Leans toward this. Tells other people to be silent only to blab important info recklessly, and when talking about how reckless revivers are bringing back dangerous ingredients, he admits that it's mostly his doing.
- Motor Mouth: Despite swearing to secrecy, he has a tendency to blurt out what he's trying to keep quiet.
- The Paralyzer: He can use a form of Knocking with his bare hands called "Impact Knocking".
- Plant Person: He can now turn his arm into a mass of hand-shaped vines.
- Technical Pacifist: While Teppei's not a killer, he will use Knocking on his enemies until they can't stand. After being "cooked" and recruited into NEO, this no longer applies. Something Komatsu finds out the hard way when Teppei rips out and crushes his heart.
- Terrible Artist: If the "Run Run Yun!" segment in episode 114 is anything to go by, his drawings are as awful as his handwriting.
- Thou Shall Not Kill: He adopted this belief when he, on a trip with his grandfather Jiro, found a barren wasteland from hunting.
Voiced by: Banjo Ginga (Japanese), Bruce Carey (English), Eduardo Fonseca (Latin American Spanish)
- Blood Is the New Black: Both his outfit and his office are covered in old bloodstains. He claims he leaves them there to remind him of his failures.
- Dr. Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Drifts towards this. He's honestly a decent person, but so very rough with his patients. He's also a loudmouth with no manners.
- Old Master: He's Teppei's.
- Super Spit: His saliva acts as a strong adhesive.
- Übermensch: Frequently spouts about how rules are made to be broken.
- Warts and All: When first meeting him, no one in Toriko's group could believe that the loud, obnoxious man was a legendary Gourmet Reviver who could heal any disease.
Voiced by: Naoko Matsui (Japanese)
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: She has a crush on Zebra.
- Bare Your Midriff: As an effect on her pheromones on people, causes them to see her wearing this.
- Gonk: What her true form is.
- Ms. Fanservice: What she causes men to see.
- Master of Illusion: Kind of. She can manipulate her pheromones to make animals obedient and men perceive her as more beautiful than she actually is.
- Older Than They Look: Even though she looks like a small child, she's old enough that she's a grandmother.
- Winged Humanoid: She has bee wings which she uses to fly.
Voiced by: Akio Ohtsuka (Japanese)
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Back when he was the leader of the Gourmet Casino and being of the top 20 chefs in the world
- Big Bad: The main antagonist of the Gourmet Casino Arc.
- Blatant Lies: He claims he would never cheat, because of his pride as a gambler... And then starts cheating on his first turn!
- Body Horror: His face constantly warps in an Off Model way, and he just does not look right.
- Crazy-Prepared: He went pretty damn far in stacking the deck... not that it helped him much in the long run.
- He has contact lenses that let him see what each cards ingredient and point value is.
- Every ingredient used in the game is something he can kill, cook, and consume.
- And if that weren't enough, he can alter his body to neutralize any toxins he might consume.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Coco beats the tar out of him so badly, the battle is not even shown.
- Defeat Equals Friendship: After watching Komatsu work so diligently to prepare the Meteor Garlic, and being reminded of his former self, he helps prepare the Meteor Garlic, and hands the Gourmet Casino over to Match, hoping to return to being a respectable cook.
- Dual Wielding: Slices and dices the Gourmet Corp. monster mooks with two huge, black sword-sized knives.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Got sliced in half by a Nitro, but thanks to his doping cooking he didn't suffer at all and he was cured almost immediately.
- Heel–Face Turn: Due to his Curb-Stomp Battle and reminder of his former diligence when seeing Komatsu
- Flat "What.": His reaction to Toriko and friends not giving up.
- Identical Stranger: Physically speaking, he's very similar to Grinpatch. Wheter this is a coincidence or not, is yet to be revealed.
- Kick the Dog: He absorbs all memories, even those of happy moments.
- Large and in Charge: During his rule over the Gourmet Casino.
- Mega Manning: How he got his culinary abilities, by eating the information off genuine chefs.
- Mind Rape: He takes away the most treasured eating memories of the losers of Gourmet Casino, some of which contain birthdays of their family.
- Nightmare Face: Since his face warps in very Off Model ways.
- Oh, Crap!: When he realizes Coco's plan to make him eat Poison Potato at its maximum toxicity.
- And again when he realizes just how far ahead Coco has planned his defeat.
- Smug Snake: As the game goes on, he reveals more and more that he's stacked the entire situation to his favor and enjoys being at the advantage; leading to a...
- Out-Gambitted: Coco manages to predict which foods to nullify his immunity to poison so therefore Livebearer would not take a gamble
- Sore Loser: And he was cheating the whole time to boot.
- Villainous Breakdown: After being Out-Gambitted, he throws away the game and tries to kill the group. Tries is the best word to describe what happened
- Yandere: To Komatsu, at least his memories.
First Generation Melk
Voiced by: Hiroshi Naka (Japanese)
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Melk the Second learned the techniques to make these from him.
- BFS: Makes knives larger than your normal human.
- Gentle Giant: Especially with his child, Melk the Second.
- The Stoic: Believed to be this, but in actuality is a very talkative and friendly man—he just has a very tiny voice that's almost impossible to hear.
- Vocal Dissonance: A mountain of a man who talks in a whisper.
Melk the Second
Voiced by: Akiko Yajima (Japanese), Martha Harms (English), Karina Altamirano (Latin American Spanish)
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Makes these as a living.
- Berserk Button: Being considered weak due to his belief that strength is what matters in sharpening. Komatsu helped her over that.
- Happily Adopted: By the First Generation Melk.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a pair of scars on his left cheek from a pair of knives falling off a table and cutting him as a child.
- Ship Tease: With Komatsu.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: With Komatsu.
Voiced by: Yusaku Yara (Japanese)
- Absent Minded Sensei: He constantly gets people's names wrong...but only in casual conversation. When he's watching from a distance, it is the only time he gets Toriko's name right.
- Alliterative Name: His full name is Chin Chin-Chin; the title name removes the other two "Chin" from his name
- Enlightenment Superpower: The apparent by-product of his teachings of "Food Honor", if "Spoon" is anything to go by.
- Retired Badass: A world renowned Gourmet Hunter; he now spends his days teaching at the Chowlin Temple, but...
- Shaping Your Attacks: Spoons of "Appetite Energy" which he uses to scoop things, seal people inside of and uses as shields and even wings.
- Training from Hell: His method of testing Toriko and Komatsu? Tossing a 5 km class mountain at them while at "Death Falls" and seeing if they survive.
Voiced by: Susumu Chiba (Japanese)
- Clothing Damage: He did this to Toriko's shirt with his Petty Knife.
Voiced by: Shinji Kawada (Japanese)
- Ascended Extra: He gets a larger role in the anime.
- Deep-Fried Whatever: Weaponized, he deep fries one of Gourmet Corps.' beasts.
- Oil Slick: He can produce oil from his body.
- Scary Black Man: Subverted, he's a nice guy despite his intimidating apparel.
- Supreme Chef: He's ranked 14th on the IGO Chef ranking.
- Walk on Water: He can ski across it due to the fact that oil repels water.
Brunch the Tengu
- Cyborg: Implied to be such since he has battery slots in his neck.
- Elemental Punch: His "Electric Punch", so powerful that it can turns whole beasts to ashes.
- Gag Nose: Like his namesake, he has a long nose.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He reveals his golden heart when he sees how happy ingredients are around Komatsu. And what else do you call a guy who comforts a dying enemy who tried to enslave him? Tengu sees Elg's hame over his hideous features and gently consoles him he would have even been handsome in Tengu's home village, let Elg die happy.
- Laser Blade: Kinda, he can make a blade out of electricity.
- Shock and Awe: He has an electric organ (kinda like an electric eel) so he can generate and control electricity. He uses the aforementioned batteries to increase the voltage.
- It's not just electricity - Brunch has revealed that it doesn't matter WHAT kind of energy it is, he can transform it into electrical energy. Fire, Solar, Hydro, it doesn't matter - he uses the kinetic energy of Elg beating the crap out of him to build up a gigantic charge for a Series-Type Electrical Attack.
- Super Speed: He was able to catch up with Komatsu in a matter of seconds. To really drive the point home, he can do this while wearing those ludicrously tall Tengu Geta.
- Supreme Chef: He's the 3rd ranked chef in the world.
- Tengu: It's in his name.
Voiced by: N/A
- Cool Car: His Croakswagon, a creature that's part frog and part car.
- Flash Step: He's fast enough to dodge a laser.
- Mr. Exposition: He gives the Kings info on the various places in the Gourmet World.
- Sacrificial Lamb: He offers to be one for the Air Trees.
- Talking Animal: He can talk both "Human" and "Frog".
Voiced by: Nana Mizuki (Japanese), Morgan Garrett (English), Angélica Villa (Latin American Spanish)
- Bare Your Midriff: In her working outfit.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: She's gets plastered pretty quickly whenever she drinks or eats anything alcohol related.
- Canon Foreigner: Made exclusively for the anime and mostly used to pad some of the episodes. Usually whenever she's showcased, it for filler-made adventure alongside the canon material. Though she has likewise tagged along on a few canon adventures as an observer as well.
- Cool Pet: Her Balloon Carrier Pigeon, Cruppo.
- Entitled Bitch: Really comes off this way sometime figuring since she's a reporter, she's entitled to whatever story she comes across despite a lot of the areas she visits are off limits to civilians and usually need permission to enter let alone showcase content. One of the IGO reps, Johannes, has a lot of run ins and headaches with her since she'll always argue with him and wave the "freedom of speech" card at him despite just trying to do his job. Though she is moral about what she showcases such as refusing to put Terry on the air knowing Battle Wolves are rare and he'll likely be hunted if she does.
- Hot Scoop
- Image Song: "Miracle of Only 1 Gram", also used as a leitmotif for the "Dishing with Tina" segment. The sixth ending song "Lovely Fruit" may also count.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: She occasionally makes these at the end of her news segments.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her working outfit.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Rin's tomboy.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: No matter what amazing things she films, circumstances stop every one of them from being shown. Most blatantly done in episode 39.
Voiced by: KitaōjiKinya (Japanese)
- Animal Motif: Dragons
- Big Bad: Of the Bishokushin Special Menu movie.
- Defector from Decadence: He only joined Gourmet Corp to get his hands on the Infini Bee, once he got it he left since he had no more use for them.
- Elemental Punch: His "Flame Fist".
- Humanoid Abomination: See One-Winged Angel below.
- One-Winged Angel: After eating the Wolf Fire Dragon, he turns into demonic looking dragon-man... thing.
- Playing with Fire: To go with his whole dragon motif, he can produce blue flames and use it as a weapon. He's like a more powerful version of Starjun.
- Winged Humanoid: He has huge reptilian wings, like a dragon.
- Genius Bruiser: Instead of using brute force alone, it has entered a symbiosis with dangerous leeches, which it uses to track down its prey.
- Multi Legged And Dangerous
- Off with His Head!: How Toriko kills it in the manga. In the anime, due to Bloodless Carnage, he has his neck snapped instead.
- Starter Villain: Although "villain" may be a little bit far-fetched, since it's only "crime" was overeating, destabilizing it's ecosystem.
- Badass Grandpa: The Troll Kong silverback.
- Everything Is Better With Monkeys: Well, apes, but anyway...
- King Mook: The Troll Kong silverback.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: The silverback is stronger but also more cautious, which will often make him less aggressive than his younger counterparts.
- Oh, Crap!: The Silverback's reaction to Toriko's Intimidation. The one in the arena has one upon seeing the Devil Serpent gorging on the other animals.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: They're originally six meters in length, but the immense water pressure squashes them down to a small size.
- Non-Indicative Name: Despite being called a whale, it's only about the size of a carp.
- Sensory Overload: It is extremely sensitive — the slightest shock will set off its poison sac and make it inedible.
- Big Eater: The one in the arena gorges himself on all the other beasts.
- Breath Weapon: Can spit his own stomach acid.
- Healing Factor: Can regrow his arms, like a salamander, but faster.
- Multiarmed And Dangerous: Despite his name, it has several arms all over his serpentine body.
- Rubber Man: Can stretch his arms and can also make his elastic skin harder.
- The Worf Effect: Rumored to be the Battle Wolf's rival. Judging on the performance, perhaps they meant "chewtoy"...
- As of chapter 252, we know that there appears to be a subspecies of the Devil Serpent that actually lives up to its fearsome reputation.
- Beast of Mass Destruction
- Posthumous Character: Though in Toriko: Gourmet Monsters they reappear as recurring antagonists lead by the "Death Gore Chimera".
- Predators Are Mean: Inverted. The world was nearly wiped out by a pack of herbivores, until they were all wiped out by a predatory Battle Wolf.
- Walking Wasteland: They nearly caused the end of the world due to their insatiable appetite for trees, which wiped out whole forests and turned them into deserts.
- Canis Major: It can grow to the size of a skyscraper.
- Died Standing Up: Terry's mother.
- Lightning Bruiser: According to the description, they can go from 0 to over 100 kmh in half a second.
- Mama Wolf: Terry's mother, who attacked the Devil Serpent right when it looked at Terry after devouring all the other animals.
- Single-Stroke Battle: The battle between Terry's mother and the crazed Devil Serpent.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: It can grow to be over 1500 metres long.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Aside from the already mentioned, it has wings. Small wings.
- "Fantastic Voyage" Plot: It has regular sized beasts living in its body and basically act as an immune system for it.
- Vacuum Trunk: It has two trunks, one for sucking up food and the other for spitting out waste.
- The Worf Effect: An adult Regal Mammoth was murdered in a single shot by the Fang King.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: A Sphinx.
- Inelegant Blubbering: Toriko and Zebra made it do this to produce the Mellow Cola.
- Mix-and-Match Critters
- Overly Long Tongue: A very prehensile one at that.
- Razor Wind: It could do this with a casual flex of its paw.
- Swiss Army Tears: Other than the fact that its tears are the Mellow Cola, said cola gave Toriko and Zebra the extra boost they needed to fight the Nitro.
- Nightmare Face: Has one on its torso.
Four-Beasts/ Four Beast
- Adaptive Ability: The Four-Beast is able to adjust its strength based on the information it gathers from it's appendages
- Animalistic Abomination: Fang King◊, Invite Death◊, King Octopus Kong◊ and Mount Turtle◊
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: A demonic plant-humanoid
- Beast Of Mass Destruction: Each one is amazingly strong, to show case this, Almost the previous locations that Toriko and Co. have visited are completely wiped out including the Sphinx and Regal Mammoth
- The Main Body, is actually even worse
- Breath Weapon: Mount Turtle can spit lava from its mouth.
- The Four-Beasts' main body can do this too on a larger scale with its gas.
- Combat Tentacles: King Octopus Kong As well as the original beast
- Conspicuous CG: As if to show how eldritch it was, the Four Beast is animated in CGI for the most part till it reabsorbs the Four Beasts
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The original beast outright destroys the Four Kings in chapter 204, with them lying in their own blood.
- The Four Kings do this to the Four-Beasts respectively
- Death by Irony: The beast that sought to devour humans is slain by the appetites of four humans and cooked into a feast shared by all of humanity.
- Disc-One Final Boss: Acts as this as the finality of the test that Ichiryu gives to the Four Kings, as well as the final beast threat to be faced in the Human World before reaching the Gourmet World
- The limbs are this for the main body
- The Dreaded: It has been feared an agent of human extinction for thousands of years
- Eaten Alive: Suffers this fate at the hands (or should we say, maws) of the Four Kings' Oushoko Basan.
- Eldritch Abomination: The main body which is a plant with a traditional jagged mouth face with slanted eyes of a shadowed evil
- Four Is Death: Its name is probably the classic Japanese pun on "Four" and "Death" (shi) being omophones.
- In fact, the literal reading of the name is "Death Beast!"
- Greater-Scope Villain: The Four-Beasts turned out to be the appendages of an even more massive plant creature beneath the earth.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Their favorite food is humans, but as their their effect on areas like Ice Hell, Gourmet Pyramid and 1st Biotope show they're not picky on eating other things as well
- Kaiju: The Four Beast is very much this. Which is lampshaded by Teppei
- Lightning Bruiser: Fang King is fast and agile enough to dodge Kill Sat lasers and strong enough to One-Hit Kill a Regal Mammoth.
- Magma Man: Mount Turtle is literally a walking volcano.
- Man-Eating Plant: On a MASSIVE scale.
- The Minion Master: The main body "grows" beasts to absorb energy from what they eat fot it.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: The King Octopus Kong has multiple tentacles in addition to it's bulking arms
- The Four Beast has several, justified as it is a plant with several roots
- Over 9000: Their Capture Level is over 100.
- The Main Body's capture level is 320 and rising!
- Panthera Awesome: Fang King, a lionesque animal
- Poisonous Person: Invite Death.
- The Main Body is this on an more massive scale
- Shockwave Stomp: Fang King was able to punch the ground sending out a 4 kilometer shock wave.
- Turtle Power: Mount Turtle, though technically it's listed as crustacean.
- Ultimate Evil: Since it's implied that the main body is usually hidden underground and rarely fights. Leading to the idea of an even stronger power behind the Four Beasts is terrifying
- Unwitting Pawn: To Joie.
- Walking Wasteland: Invite Death.
- The Worf Effect: The appendages suffer this at the hands of the Gourmet Heavenly Kings, but not before they literally destroy nearly every natural environment Toriko has visited in his travels in order to show the superiority of the Gourmet World has over the natural world
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: They're winged giraffes unicorn pegasus, which only gets worse when they grow heads of various carnivorous animals.
- Breath Weapon: When in Carnivore Mode, they can spit bolts of "Appetite Energy" at prey.
- Hybrid Monster: They're a Chain Animal (a genetically engineered creature).
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Carnivore Mode
- Losing Your Head: Though they can just grow a new, nastier head.
- Mix-and-Match Critter: Part giraffe, part bird, part various-carnivorous-animals.
- The Worf Effect: Subverted. It looks like they die easily when the GT Robos cut their heads, it turns out it is needed to activate their self defense mechanism.
- Blob Monster: In essence, it's made of a black liquid substance.
- Living Shadow: Looks and acts like one for Joie.
- Meaningful/Punny Name: It's name is made up of the kanji for "Translucent Shadow" but is pronounced as the Japanese word for "Lizard".
- Me's a Crowd: It can divide into smaller versions of itself.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: It's Capture Level is 295.
- Breath Weapon: Literally. It can shoot air bullets from it's nostril that can pulverize rocks.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: It resembles a brachiosaurus. Although it's classified as a Mammal beast.
- No Name Given: When it was first introduced in the manga, the anime gave its name but not its Capture Level. It's recently had its name revealed in the manga and its Capture Level is 219.
- Super Breath: See Breath Weapon above.
- The Worf Effect/So Last Season: When first introduced, it smashed Toriko against the cliff side and Toriko was unable to reach it with his Flying Fork, the second time Toriko threw a single Flying Fork it barely dodges by falling on its back and kept flying.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: And how: It's so big, that it literally has a fortress with buildings on top of it's shell.
- Nigh Invulnerable: The Aforementioned flying Fork Toriko threw at the Breath Dragon? The one that it barely dodged and almost killed, as well as with a Winggrizzly with a capture level more then twice that that also barely dodged it. It bounces off the Stronghold Rhino's shell harmlessly without a single scratch.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: It's capture level is 972
- Rhino Rampage: Though its more like dinosaur in overall shape.
- Weaponized Animal: Has an entire battle fortress on its back, but its unknown whether they're decoration or can actually fire ammunition from its torrents.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: While not as big as the Stronghold Rhino, It still is big enough to make Volcanos look like Ant Hills beneath it's feet!
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Though the extra limbs are more like a single finger than actual hands.
- Our Demons Are Different: An Oni with two finger like limbs on its back.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: It's the first beast shown in the manga with a cpture level of over 1000. 1160, to be precise.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: The biggest creature shown in the series to date. It almost crushes the above mentioned Thunderous Devil underneath it's own foot!
- Cthulhumanoid: Combined with with an Elephant, having multiple trunks instead of tentacles on it's face and several eyes.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: Capture Level: 2650!
- Explosive Breeder: It can lay a massive number of eggs at once.
- Gonk: Sunny is reluctant to actually feed the starving populace with the bird since it's so ugly.
- Guide Dang It: The method of hatching and raising a Billion Bird. Suffice to say it's a lot more complicated than just warming up its egg.
- Irony: The Billion Bird nearly went extinct because predators refused to hunt and eat it because of its foul taste.
- Miracle Food: In theory it can produce an unlimited amount of food that is also extremely nutritious. Too bad it tastes awful.
- Mother of a Thousand Young: Lays an infinite number of eggs that will immediately hatch if it is scared. It still nearly went extinct because predators avoided it due to its bad taste, meaning it wasn't scared too often if ever.
- The Power of Love: Komatsu telling it that it is appreciated and wanted by the world makes the Billion Bird's wings grow. As it takes flight, it lays eggs whose yolk is so delicious that Toriko adds them to his Full Course.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: It's big enough to build a house on top of and can be lived inside.
- Everything's Squishier with Cephalopods: Its a gigantic octopus with a melon pattern.
- Gentle Giant: Despite it's massive size and Capture Level of 265, it's a very docile creature. Komatsu even affectionately calls it "Octo-chan".
- Hidden in Plain Sight: It can create "Rest Rooms" that allow it to move around without being noticed by any other beasts.
- Organic Technology/Bizarre Alien Biology: It has a cockpit in it's head with a tentacle as the steering mechanism.
- Planimal: It's classified as a "Mollusk Fruit Beast".
- Walk on Water: It's buoyant enough to travel across the surface of water.
Hex Food World Inhabitants
- The Cameo: Terraformar and Rikuo Nura are said to live here.
- Cyclops: Dinner, as well as several others.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite looking like demons and monsters from Japanese folklore, they're all rather friendly.
- Gonk: According to Brunch, many of them are incredibly ugly.
- Kappa: Nosh is one.
- Punny Name: Nosh and Dinner.
- Was Once a Man: Their ancestors were normal humans who were kidnapped by the Blue Nitro and injected with Gourmet Cells, causing them to become hideous mutants. After they escaped with the help of the Eight Kings, they're descendants "evolved" into humanoid creatures akin to Youkai.
- Youkai: Many of them are based on (or flat out are) these.
- Hidden in Plain Sight: Like the Octomelon, it can create a 'Rest Room' that allows it to remain hidden from the eyes of others. Due to its higher Capture Level, it's better at doing so than the Octomelon.
- Life-or-Limb Decision: It's "Autonomy Mode".
- Organic Technology: It's a shark with the body of a train.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite it's vicious nature, it sacrificed it's lower body so it can protect Komatsu.
- Sand Is Water: It can vomit on the ground, making a puddle to swim into.
- Threatening Shark: In contrast with the gentle Octomelon, the Denshark is much more aggressive.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: It's the size of a mountain.
- Body Horror: It wears a "suit" of liquified monkey heads.
- Breath Weapon: It spat a beam of Appetite Energy at the Four Heavenly Kings.
- The Dreaded: The newcomers were so terrified of it, that they killed themselves before it could punish them for hunting without permission.
- Our Centaurs Are Different: It's upper body is that of a gorilla, it's lower body is that of a six-legged zebra.
- No-Sell: It can use "Enbu" to ward off the force of attacks, although it doesn't work if it's hit from behind.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of Gourmet Cells.
- Animal Battle Aura: How they originally manifest. Although Sunny's manifests as his Satan Hair.
- Blue and Orange Morality: They don't care about whether their host is good or evil, their only concern is getting them to eat.
- Breath Weapon: Midora's shot "Meteor Spice" out of its mouth.
- Coco's applies it's "Devil Poison" by drooling it into it's victims mouth.
- The Dreaded: Could be considered this since they invoke fear in the beasts of the world as the hosts' intimidation. The Taste Hermit Nitro is especially wary of Toriko's Blue Appetite Devil. Even Toriko's Red Devil is afraid of it.
- Guardian Entity: They can act as this to their host as shown when Toriko's leaped out of his body and punched Starjun through the chest.
- Energy Being: In a sense. They're bodies are composed of Appetite Energy when they manifest outside the host's body.
- Lovecraftian Superpower: They can morph their bodies in various ways, as shown by the Blue Demon who can turn his hand into bunch of spikes.
- Monstrous Humanoid/Humanoid Abomination: They're appearences vary (usually that of a monster from Japanese folklore), but they're all humanoid in shape. Toriko's resembles a red oni his other resembles a blue oni. Zebra's is a veiny bat-like being he compares to the Grim Reaper. Coco's resembles an "onryo" (albeit not female), Mansam's resembles an Asura, complete with six arms and three faces, Starjun's is a cyclops.
- Partial Transformation: After eating AIR, the Heavenly Kings are able to transform their arms into their Appetite Devils' arms. They suspect that eating the rest of Acacia's Full Course will allow them to gain full mastery over their Devils so they can make complete transformations.
- Powers via Possession: They can provide these for their host, such as Sunny's Satan Hair.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: They can act as this for their host, although see Blue and Orange Morality.
The Eight Kings
The Eight Kings are the strongest animals in the Gourmet World, each one a member of a powerful species. Each one currently rules over one of the areas of the Gourmet World.
Tropes Associated With the Eight Kings
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Most of the beast kings are so big that a regular human being are merely "ants" when campared to them. Bambina is the exception, being roughly the size of a human being in his restrained form, and still dwarfed by the other Kings in his true form.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: They are the 8 strongest animals that rule each continent individually and can utterly destroy creatures that can survive nuclear bombs in an instant.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Most of them have decimated Neo’s meatballs without even trying, and Derous is only the exception because it didn't get a chance to meet one of Neo's pieces. They in turn was on the receiving end in their battle against Neo. It is so bad that the three strongest Kings had to try and pull a Heroic Sacrifice to kill him. They failed.
- MacGuffin Guardian: Each of them guards one of Acacia’s Full Course respectively.
- Nearly Normal Animal: Largely Normal Animals. They have shown to have mutual respect towards each other and capable of using strategies when working together.
- Giant Flyer: Dragon King Derous and the Emperor Crow are the only Kings known to fly. Just like the rest of the Kings, their size is massive.
- Person of Mass Destruction: As the strongest animals in the Gourmet World, each one is capable of dishing out astronomical amounts of damage, ranging from slicing apart mountains to blasting through the earth by just breathing.
- Really 700 Years Old
- Speed Blitz: This happens to anyone unworthy enough to fight them. The battle ends so quick before they can even blink.
- Story-Breaker Power: They wouldn't be at the top of the food chain in the Gourmet World if they didn't have such hax abilities.
- The Dreaded: Once these beasts get dead serious, get ready witness the spectacular sight of every single animal on the very continent the king stands flee in terror.
- The Worf Effect:After Acacia escaped Sky Deer's back channel and ate a chunk of GOD, it didn't end well for them.
- Yin-Yang Clash: Any beings powerful enough to rival the Eight Kings should be able to cause an Emperor Ring.
Horse King "Heracles"
- Action Mom: If you dare to threaten her foal, she will do what ever it takes to end battle as quickly as possible.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: This is its hoof print. To put it in perspective, that comparatively small octopus creature is about the size of the Empire State Building.
- The official stats revealed in the manga volumes state that it is 22,000 Meters tall, 30,000 meters long, and 2,000,000,000 tons!
- Awesomeness Is a Force: Its hoof print gave off an aura so strong that it caused the Four Heavenly Kings considerable stress, and it was made over a thousand years ago.
- Cool Horse: The coolest horse in the world. Also it's one of the Eight Kings, just like the Battle Wolf.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Toriko tries to face it shortly after reaching Gourmet World, knowing the fight is hopeless. He doesn't even get to attack; Heracles cuts him in half and creates a town-sized crater by exhaling on him. While Toriko's Blue Demon is able to put up a fight, the Horse King forces it to retreat by inhaling, creating a vacuum with no air to breathe.
- It also effortlessly destroy's A piece of NEO demon that tried to puff itself up to its size to beat him, only to make him an easy target for Herac Breath. The breath used to instantly obliterate it wasn't even a full power attack and was just compared to a sigh of relief.
- Dying Race: Young Herac cannot reach maturity without "AIR"—in fact, the Horse King can't give birth without sufficient atmospheric content—and the Nitro have been harvesting it long enough that the Herac species is facing extinction.
- But after Komatsu successfully prepares "AIR", an immense volume of air is released, and the Horse King takes a good deep breath and is able to give birth.
- From a Single Cell: It can regenerate endlessly, making it effectively immortal.
- Healing Factor: Not just Heracles, but also the whole species can regenerate their wounds within a second.
- The Needless: It can survive solely on the air it breathes. In other words, breathing is like eating to it.
- Samus Is a Girl: Despite being called the "Horse King", She's female.
- Smurfette Principle: Currently the only female of the Eight Kings.
- Super Breath: It takes only one breath a year, but that single inhalation consumes a volume of air approximately equal to that of the entire Earth. A single snort from its nostrils is equivalent to a WMD.
- a single sigh from its Herac breath can pierce through the entire Toriko sized earth like its nothing.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: It's capture level is revealed to be 6200 in the manga volumes.
- Tsundere: Type A. After helping her give birth, she blows away the Steel Clouds, making a rainbow bridge allowing the Four Kings to pass through safely. When Toriko said thank you, she turned her head as if to say "It's not like I wanted to help you. Baka!"
- Vacuum Mouth: Literally. Well... more like "Vacuum Nostrils". It can inhale all of the air in the area, causing all plant life to die and animals to suffocate.
Monkey King "Bambina"/"Bambino"
- And Call Him "George"!: Woe to anyone the Monkey King thinks would be a good playmate.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Comes with being one of the Eight Kings. Bambina also set up a system based on this to control predation on the continent. Unfortunately, Bambina isn't all that interested in managing it. As a result, the four Enbu masters under Bambina have become food-hoarding tyrants, leaving the other monkeys to starve.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Just because he's the goofiest one out of the 8 Kings DOESN'T MEAN IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO PLAY WITH HIM.
- Berserk Button: If you're playing hide and seek with Bambina, do not give the Monkey King reason to believe you're not looking for him. The anger he released after not being found for a whole day was enough for Toriko to relive his entire life. Thankfully, that anger disappeared when the Monkey King decided he must have picked too good of a hiding spot.
- Blessed with Suck: Being one of the strongest things alive isn't that great when all you want to do is play games with others, since most playmates won't last a second.
- Boisterous Bruiser: It's said to have a playful, belligerent personality, unlike the more stoic Heracles. This makes Bambina one of the most dangerous Eight Kings, because it's liable to attack without provocation.
- Breath Weapon: Launches a beam of Appetite Energy at Kaka that is visible from space.
- Came from the Sky: When Toriko and Co finally reach the top of 100 G Mountain, Bambina falls down from orbit...While still asleep, and the impact doesn't even wake him up.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Tears apart everyone but Sunny in a blink of an eye. Literally—Sunny blinked for 0.1 seconds and when he opened his eyes, he was the only one standing. Luckily, the others were just Poison Dolls created by Coco, who had the foresight to want to gauge the thing's strength, but still...wow. Then it turns out that Bambina was just playing games with them. It more or less tore them apart by accident. When they do fight it for real, even after they mastered Enbu, they are once again completely outmatched. Then we find out he was still holding back, as he blows away Kaka with an Appetite Energy blast visible from space a mere second after they start fighting.
- Dancing Is Serious Business: The true method of obtaining PAIR: a 1000 step choreographed dance in the form of "Kata" with Bambina that occurs in the space of ten seconds. The "games" Bambina played with them before were only the opening moves of the dance. The Kings supposedly messing up the last step apparently makes him angry enough to want to kill them for real, but it's subverted when it turns out he was trying to kiss them to complete the dance. Kaka interrupting his dance with the spirit of his former mate, on the other hand, incurs his wrath for real.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Bambina loves to play. Unfortunately, it's so strong that its playmates usually don't survive the experience. The real reason it set up the "Enbu" system on its continent was to make the other monkeys strong enough to play with it. Heck, Toriko loses another arm just arm-wrestling the thing.
- The Dreaded: His true form. Just seeing it sends every monkey in Area 7 running from 100 G Mountain in a panic.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: The strongest ape and one of the Eight Kings no less!
- Flash Step: He can go from the top of the 100 G Mountain to the coastline of Area 7 in an instant. Later, it tears apart everyone but Sunny in a literal blink of an eye (0.1 seconds).
- Gender-Blender Name: Kaka says that the name Bambina came from the female courted by the last Monkey King. His real name is Bambino.
- Heartbroken Badass: Ultimately, he's just a guy who really misses his dead lover.
- Hulking Out: Once you remove Bambina's "skin", Bambina's dormant power begins to expand and causes his body to swell.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: In chapter 311, we learn that Bambina's current appearance is not his true form, but a form that suppresses his true power. When Toriko tries to grab PAIR, his "clothes" are blown off, revealing a pure white form.
- In a Single Bound: He reaches the stratosphere in less than one second, then passes the Mesosphere and enters the Thermosphere to sleep in near-outer space. Keep in mind that the Thermosphere peaks at 500 KM above the planet's surface, and Bambina reaches that point with a "soft jump".
- Living Macguffin: Food King "PAIR" is part of its body. Specifically, its testicles. Uh...yeah.
- Lonely at the Top: The fact that he taught Enbu to all the monkeys on the continent in an attempt to make at least one being strong enough to survive playing with him all but says this.
- Magic Music: For lack of a better term, Bambina's testicles are called "The Bell of PAIR", and the sound they make permeates a powerful taste that provides nutrients to the rest of the Area 7 continent, and rejuvenates the body of anyone nearby. In other words, PAIR's so good an ingredient that the sound it makes sustains an entire ecosystem.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Acacia eventually lands a hit that blows out one of Bambina's eyes and knocks out half his teeth. Bambina was pissed off and responds with a counterattack that nearly breaks Acacia in half.
- Obliviously Evil: The apes in the Monkey Restaurant live under constant tyranny and famine thanks to the makeshift government Bambina imposed, and it messily kills anyone it meets in an instant. Except all Bambina really wants is to make friends and have fun. It just doesn't give any thought to the consequences of its actions or its own immense power.
- Pint Size Powerhouse: Bambina is barely human-sized, making it one of the smallest creatures encountered thus far and probably the single smallest predator in its super-sized personal ecosystem. It's also strong enough to toss Everest-sized mountains across the entire circumference of the planet for a laugh.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: Its Capture Level is 6000, which is only slightly lower than Wolf King Guiness' second in command's 6090. But it gets worse: that's the Capture Level of his suppressed form. His true form is undoubtedly higher.
- Considering it dwarfs Heracles, who has a capture level revealed to be 6200, it pretty much means that it's true form is indeed higher.
- Razor Wind / Tail Slap: In his second form, Bambina’s tail whip is capable of sending a Planar Shockwave style slash that chops asteroids and satelites in half.
- Solid Gold Poop: Its testicles are "PAIR" and its actual poop is an incredibly fast form of transportation.
- Tears of Joy: Bambina has this moment when the four heavenly kings are now capable of playing with him during the second match. Shed some tears after Bambina sees his mate after the fight.
Wolf King "Guinness"
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Guinness can literally learn everything about his environment with a single sniff that nobody's personal preference and DNA will be safe from his nose. Anyone unlucky enough to be inspected will have their soul temporarily ripped out of their body
- Berserk Button: Harm his family and watch him fly into a fury.. Even his adopted son.
- Howl of Sorrow: Guinness howls in grief when he senses Jirou's death at the hands of Acacia.
- It's Personal: All of the Eight Kings are animals and vital parts of their ecosystems, with most of their fighting coming from territoriality. They don't really bear their opponents ill will. The exception is Acacia and When Guinness recognizes him as Jiro's murderer, he rushes straight for him, clearly hateful and enraged.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Acacia takes off Guinness's paw. Guinness barely seems to notice it.
- Papa Wolf: Literally raised Knocking Master Jirou from infancy by fedding him Red Nitro and Gourmet demons as baby food. He is deeply unhappy when he catches Jirou's scent on Acacia.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: Has the highest capture level shown so far, that level being 6090. and that's actually just the second in command!
- Shockwave Stomp: Its step sends ripples through the Earth and sent Toriko and Starjun flying hundreds of kilometers away while they anchored themselves to the ground.
- Guinness later performs the same move against Acacia, but to a much greater scale, sending MASSIVE ripples across the entirety of the Toriko earth.
- Super Breath: Just sniffing it causes beings around it to just collapse for no reason.
- Super Senses: Guinness' sense of smell is so keen that a single whiff, called "Guinness Search," extracts the sum total of knowledge and information from any living or non-living entities within a huge radius, briefly causing its enemies to suffer fainting spells as though their soul was sucked out. This usually leaves them wide open to a fatal coup de grace from Guinness itself.
- Super Speed: If the other showings of the species are any indication, this canine is fast. Chapter 354 shows it can cross hundreds of kilometers in an instant after taking a simple piss on the piece of NEO it killed.
- Unstoppable Rage: Gives Acacia a massive beatdown when he realizes Acacia and Neo killed Jirou.
Snake King "Mother Snake"
- Animalistic Abomination: It is so big that it can grow to the circumference of the entire Toriko Earth, measuring in at a colossal 220,000 kilometres. Yet, the Mother Snake can create massive hurricanes in gourmet world by simply "passing" the area. It's so big it eats creatures in space that get too close to the planet.
- The Dreaded: As an Eight King, all creatures of the Gourmet World bow down before the Mother Snake's head, because anything that shows its face is promptly eaten.
- Schmuck Bait: The serpent uses Earth's fragrance to attract its meal.
- Super Speed: Adult Mother Snakes are said to be able to move as fast as meteors. Given its one of the Eight Kings, it probably moves faster than that. Faster than light, to be precise. Given it fought Moon, which has the gravity of a black hole, this makes perfect sense.
- Tornado Move: It can generate giant permanent "Mother Tornadoes" that spins in all kinds of direction (including sideways) when fighting Whale King Moon. The twisters themselves are so chaotic that it renders air travel to be too dangerous for Toriko and company.
- Nightmare Face: It will show this expression if it spots any mobile beings in sight.
Dragon King "Derous"
- Animal Battle Aura: Komatsu's new kitchen knife can release the image of the dragon king itself.
- Breath Weapon: Able to produce an extra dimensional laser beam that is able to wound NEO and shoot through space.
- Dragon Hoard: Midora learns the hard way when he tried to retrieve the precious healing water the descendant of Derous held.
- Giant Flyer: Its size can grow up to an enormous 350m according to data book. The current dragon king can easily dwarf canyon and terrain under its feet.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Derous is a giant dragon with a giant fang and some noddles-like tongue in its mouth and with 5 pair of EYES.
Bird King "Emperor Crow"
- Casting a Shadow: Anything that falls under its shadow dies. It can even kill anything above it this way by generating a sphere of power below it that acts like a miniature sun.
- Creepy Crows: According to Gourmet World phenomena, its shadow discloses its victim's fate, death.
- Energy Weapon: It weaponizes its energy into a little power sphere that powerful enough to instantly wipe out NEO's blob monster.
- Giant Flyer: It is so gigantic that its feather easily tower "regular" size humans.
- Master Poisoner: Its shadow is an instantly fatal poison. No telling what toxins its actual body might hold.
- Stupidity-Inducing Attack: Getting caught in the Emperor Crow's shadow will cease all thought process and disintergrate the victim.
Deer King "Sky Deer"
- Animals Not to Scale: Well, it is Toriko universe, but, a deer with a size of a giant land mass is something new to the series.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: It's the size of a small country.
- Beware the Nice Ones: The most gentle and docile of the Eight Kings. It never fights, even when angered...because its personal Time Abyss and army of monsters kills everything instead.
- Flunky Boss: Its antlers house swarms of the most powerful predators in the Gourmet Kingdom, all made tame by fear of the Sky Deer itself. Any enemies that aren't eliminated by its Time Abyss are torn apart by its flunkies in short order.
- The Marvelous Deer: Its a continent-sized deer that can speed up time, and is the most peaceful Eight King.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Although Sky Deer was cautious enough to make sure Acacia is dead, only for him evolve to adapt to it’s time accelerating back channel. As Acacia cut Toriko's neck after he escaped, and ate GOD then let NEO kill the Eight Kings
- Planimal: It has forest growing around its body and antlers spreading out like branches. It even has an ecosystem that contains extremely powerful organisms.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: Has a 6450, the fourth highest of the Eight Kings.
- Shock and Awe: Shoots lightning from its eyes.
- Time Master: Its main form of self-defense is a modified Back Channel that can age its enemies by centuries in just a few seconds.
- Vertebrate with Extra Limbs: Unlike your average deer, Sky Deer has 7 pair of legs.
Whale King "Moon"
- Animalistic Abomination: It fought the Mother Snake thousands of years ago, and its skin looks like the surface of a meteorite.
- Big Eater: Moon's stomach doesn't even appear to be on this plane of existence. Similar to NEO, whatever it eats never comes back.
- Gravity Master: As its name implies, Moon is able to exert its own gravitational pull, and its stomach completely obliterates anything it eats. It's able to adjust the local gravity when needed, as well.
- Kraken and Leviathan: As the Whale King, it fills in the position of "Leviathan".
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Black Hole is part of this thing's name, which fits with how this thing's power is described.
- Rock Monster: Its skin looks like the surface of a meteorite, because...
- Superpower Lottery: It is the whale that absorbs all light and matter. A meteorite the size of the moon once dropped into the Black Triangle, where the Whale King makes its home, and disappeared without a trace. One guess as to what happened to it, because that's all you will need. Actually, it took to wearing part of it.
- Arch-Enemy: The Appetite Devil Don Slime seems to have a personal beef with Neo, and is one of the only beings who can supposedly fight it evenly. It's apparently a one-sided rivalry since Neo doesn't care about anything but eating -- it doesn't even remember who Slime is.
- Big Eater: Entire worlds haven't been able to sate Neo's appetite.
- Body Horror: Neo's possession of Acacia is a mass of gigantic Gourmet Cell tumors growing out of Acacia that vaguely resemble Neo's face.
- Deader Than Dead: Anything NEO devours is completely and utterly removed from existence, and cannot even be reincarnated through Gourmet Cells.
- Death by Despair: NEO's favorite meal is prey overwhelmed by terror and despair.
- Demonic Possession: Poor Acacia is Neo's current host.
- The Dreaded: The present day Nitro are rightly terrified of it. Their entire scheme is simply a last ditch effort to seal Neo away for keeps.
- Emotion Eater: Almost literally eats fear. It savors the dopamines emitted by living beings in moments of mortal terror. One of Neo's favorite tricks is to stalk its prey for three days straight, staring it right in the face the entire time, and finishing it off when its fear peaks.
- Energy Absorption: Don Slime realizes too late that NEO is absorbing the energy from his attacks. This is apparently an ability NEO did not possess during their first encounter ages ago, which is why Don was caught off guard. If there is a limit to how much energy it can consume, it's a staggeringly high one — Neo has eaten a supernova and Jirou's Grand Knocking (which has enough energy to paralyze the entire Toriko series Earth) with no problems.
- Extreme Omnivore: Bugs, dinosaurs, dogs, people, Nitro...if it's afraid, Neo will enjoy eating it. In chapter 364 it eats a supernova. Like Midora, it weaponizes this by literally eating the energy of attacks directed at it.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: NEO was originally nothing but a weak appetite demon who was thought to have no power or will, until it was free from the Nitro who enslaved it, at which point it slowly became the planet devouring demon king that even the Nitro fear.
- Genius Bruiser: This particular incarnation of NEO is especially dangerous since it also has Acacia's intelligence and techniques.
- Heel–Face Turn: Yes surpsingly enough. Once he's defeated and Acadia passes on. He's reverted back to his original state. However Toriko shares some of his food with him. The fact that someone actually cares for him is enough to make him turn over a new leaf. Next we see him, he's among Toriko's guests at Rin and his wedding recpetion.
- Healing Factor: NEO can reabsorb any flesh it has lost by eating it. When Don Slime chopped off one of its arms, it immediately ate the arm and promptly grew it back.
- The Hunter Becomes the Hunted: Toriko takes a bite out of NEO in chapters 373 and 390, sensing there's an amazing flavor just waiting to erupt from it, and declares that NEO will become his Full Course's Meat Dish.
- Humanoid Abomination: Its original form vaguely resembles an emaciated human.
- Impossibly Delicious Food: NEO itself apparently. Toriko may hate Acacia, but he bears NEO no ill will. The reason he wants to defeat NEO anyway? After observing him for a subjective month in the Back Channel, Toriko has realized that NEO is super tasty and would be the perfect Meat Dish for his Full Course.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Ripped apart and devoured "Air", the Blue Nitro who killed Ichiryu.
- Loves the Sound of Screaming: Since that means its prey is good and scared.
- Mother of a Thousand Young: Neo's "pieces" are dangerous predators in their own right, though they are outmatched by the Eight Kings.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Though it really was very weak at first, it pretended to be even more helpless to trick its Nitro masters into ditching it on a planet.
- Planet Eater: Has consumed countless worlds and is prepared to devour Earth.
- Turned Against Their Masters: Once Neo slipped its leash, it devoured countless worlds the Nitro had been "cooking" for themselves.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Though it's actually part of their plan to seal Neo away, the Blue Nitro have been feeding it a steady supply of victims and Acacia's Full Course. Neo devours one of them at the earliest opportunity anyway.
- Villainous Glutton: Has an insatiable appetite that the ecosystems of entire worlds has not been able to satisfy, and it likes to 'season' its meals by making them as scared as possible before killing them. Komatsu is more sympathetic when he learns about it and wonders if Neo is just looking for a dish that can truly sate it, not unlike Midora.
- Notably, Acacia's whole plan against Neo was based on the hope that Neo might finally be straying from this trope, its insatiable appetite sated to the point when feeding it enough of something which taste it loathes namely rage in the form of as many super-powerful attacks made in anger as possible would make it essentially vomit back everything it consumed.
- What the Hell Are You?: After Neo effortlessly devours everything Don Slime throws at it, including a supernova, and begins munching on Slime without any problems (Don Slime's cells can usually destroy beings who devour them from the inside), Don Slime demands that Neo tell him just what the hell it is. The Blue Nitro Pair, having just arrived to check up on Neo, confirms Slime's suspicions that Neo's Gourmet Cells are somehow different from normal Gourmet Cells which is why it was named "Neo" in the first place.
- Break the Badass: Dies screaming in frustration and fear as Neo devours him alive.
- Fluffy the Terrible: The name "Slime" didn't impress him.
- Immortals Fear Death: He tears up when he realizes being eaten by Neo will permanently kill him.
- King of All Cosmos: He claims to have once been the king of the universe.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: For all his aggression and his foul mouth, he does care about Ichiryuu and the well-being of the Earth.
- Person of Mass Destruction: He can destroy entire planets with his fists, summon meteor showers at will and create supernovas in his hands.
- One-Winged Angel: He can change from a little blob looking thing (hence his name) to a gigantic multi-legged vascular beast.
- Sir Swears Alot: He's quite the potty mouth.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Moreso than any other Appetite Demon. He can manipulate his cellular structure to turn into anything.
- Asteroids Monster: He can break pieces of him off to turn them into different things too, even hiding them in other people. He's even trying to make a new body for Ichiryuu.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Its mature form resembles a giant frog. Jiji notes that it's bigger than its past manifestations and realizes that he's only ever seen the tadpoles.
- Balloon Belly: Right after eating the Moon, giving it a vague resemblance to Pac-Man.
- It can also condense its body into a suspiciously phallic shape and reflect attacks by expanding outwards.
- Beast of the Apocalypse: Despite its name and its nature as a Divine Beast, this seems to be GOD's true nature. It appears whenever the world's "savoriness" reaches a peak, then it consumes and absorbs it all by eating most of the life on the planet.
- Big Eater: Every time it manifests it devours most of the life on the planet to absorb all of its flavors. It also gulps down the Moon in its debut.
- Extreme Omnivore: GOD eats the Moon with no signs of indigestion. It also devours most of the life on Earth whenever it appears.
- Fusion Dance: The mature GOD is a bunch of immature GOD tadpoles fused together in the form of a giant frog.
- Impossibly Delicious Food: Said to be the King of all Ingredients. To put it in perspective, its scent made an ordinary apple irresistible to the Heavenly King's Appetite Devils. Beasts from around the world flock to its presence despite the risks because it smells so damn good. This just makes it even easier for it to eat them. Which in turn makes it even tastier since it absorbs their savoriness.
- Light Is Not Good: It is a Divine Beast said to be the greatest ingredient of them all. It is also a vicious apex predator responsible for mass extinction events throughout the planet's history.
- Living Macguffin: This is the ingredient that everyone in the series from the heroes to the Big Bad is hunting.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Toriko's Jet Forks and Sunny's Spatulas bounce off of GOD when it condenses and expands itself. When Zebra tries his Voice Cutter, the beast isn't even scratched.
- Overly Long Tongue: It's a giant frog after all. When Sunny deflected the tongue with his Spatula, it was able to latch on to the Moon.
- Taken even further when it shoots out its tongue to eat other beasts; it circles the ENTIRE PLANET (which, as a reminder, is the size of NEPTUNE) and touches its back creating hurricane force winds during the process due to the tongue's sheer speed.
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: Properly cooking GOD requires a vast amount of lifeforce. Even the God of Chefs Froese was brought to the brink of death preparing GOD despite her mastery of Food Immersion. The tiny piece of GOD prepared in Area 6 required mass sacrifices since Area 6 lacked a chef of Froese's caliber. Even then, Match exhausted himself while cooking the piece of GOD.
- Powerup Food: When eaten it awakens the Gourmet Cells in the brain. This makes it one of the most important ingredients for reviving an Appetite Devil in its host.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: Its Capture Level is 10,000, the highest seen in the series, far outstripping even the Eight Kings.
- Super Speed: Dodges Coco's machine gun mold spears (which move close to light speed) with less effort then even Bambina did. When Starjun traps it in a blaze dome, he states that with that type of speed it could go from one side of the planet — which is the size of Neptune — to the other in an instant, meaning it can travel even faster than the speed of light.
- Super Strength: When it latches on to the Moon with its tongue, GOD manages to pull the Moon out of orbit and brings it closer to Earth before swallowing it whole.