Tear Jerker: Toriko
- The death of Terry's mother.
- The supposed death of Teppei may be more nightmare fuel than this, but the sudden mood whiplash to this can make it downright devastating. Thank god it was only a nightmare.
- While his death may have just been narrowly averted, it IS however heartwrenching to see the once so cheerful Teppei having been turned into an emotionless fighting machine by Joa. Especially since Joa implies that Teppei's old personality may be gone FOREVER.
- Midora's past, he was left to be fed to wild pigs when he was born in order for his village to survive, grew up stealing food in order to survive and then he loses Frohze, the one people he considered a mother, his now endless hunger is to eat in order to dull the pain
- Zoom to the present when he kills Ichiryu, he unleashes Berserker Tears after killing his adopted brother, showing that even the Big Bad of an organization that disrespects food has a heart.
- The Food Tablet mini arc, the Human World is brought to despair and can't even eat a decent meal. If Toriko hadn't shown up, it would've gotten much worse.
- Chapter 303: Sunny breaks down sobbing at the end after all of his friends are wiped out by Bambina in the blink of an eye.
- Komatsu appears to Toriko as a vision and helps him to prepare PAIR as it finally fell off of the Monkey King. After successfully preparing it, we're treated to a heart wrenching farewell from Komatsu as he thanks the Four Heavenly Kings for everything they've done, as it seems they were too late to save him. Thankfully, Yun was able to bring them Komatsu's body and Toriko was able to feed him PAIR to save him.
- Chapter 334 give us this in the form of Yuda backstory. Due to a cooking mistake while Yuda was preparing medicine for a disease-riddled village, he accidentally gave a child medicine meant for adults and the child ended up dying because of it. The difference between the medicine's recipe for adults and children was only a difference of a millimeter, explaining why Yuda is obsessed with making sure there's no millimeter of error in his cooking. Yuda went so far as to adopt the very low level Full Course the child decided upon as his own.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.