Characters: One Piece: Anime-Only
aka: One Piece-Anime Only
Be warned, this series is over 10 years old with over 700 chapters (and 16 seasons of anime) to its name. Spoilers may not be covered below.
open/close all folders
The Big Bad
of the first movie. A pirate who loves gold and is seeking after Woonan's treasure. He ate the Voice-Voice Fruit (Goe Goe no Mi
) which allows him to fire beams of sound from his mouth.
Voiced by: N/A
El Drago's best man, is a huge swordsman resembling a Native American. He never speaks and is always paid with gold coins for his service.
The Big Bad
of the second movie. A tyrant who lorded over Clockwork Island and leader of the Trump Siblings. He ate the Hard-Hard Fruit (Kachi Kachi no Mi
) which allows him to harden his body.
A member of the trump siblings. She ate the Simmer-Simmer Fruit (Toro Toro no Mi
) which allows her to turn into a simmering liquid.
Member of the Trumb Siblings, is a scarred and smug swordmaster who has a grudge against Zoro.
A portly member of the Trump Siblings. Has an armor that wields spikes, which he uses with his rolling attacks. Can also throw balls that jut out spikes as well.
A mustached member of the Trump Siblings. Wears a fluffy looking rocket pack that emits gas that can paralyze his opponents.
The Big Bad
of the third movie, a poacher who is snooping around on Crown Island looking for the Crowning Treasure horns. Winds up making enemies of the Straw Hats when he finds they're after the same goal.
General Hotdog and President Heaby
Butler's henchmen and bodyguards. Hotdog is a fighter who claims to be the strongest in the world, while Heaby is a swordsman who claims to be the most handsome guy on earth. They're defeated by Zoro and Sanji, respectively.
The Big Bad
of the fourth movie. A former marine turned pirate who believes power is everything. He ate the Candy-Candy Fruit (Ame Ame no Mi
) which allows him to turn into candy syrup.
Gasparde's right hand man.
A famed bounty hunter out for Gasparde's head the reason being was because Gasparde raided his hometown. He lost his parents and his sister in the attack. At the end of the film however, he finds that his sister is still alive.
of the fifth movie, Saga was a friend of Zoro and a master swordsman fighting for justice, until he loses the use of his right arm because of an explosion. He eventually ends up on Asuka Island and get possessed by the demonic Seven Star Sword (Shichiseiken
Saga's Henchmen (Touma, Bismarck and Boo Kong)
Touma voiced by: Hiroki Uchi (JP)
A trio of marine serving Saga in his plan for reviving the Seven Star Sword.
A young maiden from Asuka Island and descendant of a family of priests whose job is to keep the Seven Star Sword sealed. She's also Saga's Love Interest
The Big Bad
of the sixth movie. Omatsuri is the owner of the resort exclusive to pirates, however, before he lets the crews enjoy themselves he tests their worth with the Trials of Hell, a series of nearly impossible and dangerous games. The tests are just a ruse and are really used to gauge the strength of his opponents. If they are strong enough, he feeds them to the Lily Carnation (read below). The reason he doing all of this is because he lost his crew in a storm and grew bitter from it. Figuring if he can't be happy then no other pirate crew will be either.
- Affably Evil: Genuinely cared for his comrades and acted in a goofy manner, but was one of the most sick and perverse villains prior the Time Skip.
- Ax-Crazy: For a character who was hinted to be once like Luffy to become so mentally unstable, it's hellish.
- Annoying Arrows: The arrows that home in on their targets. This power likely comes from Lily.
- Big Bad: Of the sixth movie, although you don't think so at first.
- Evil Counterpart: Doubles as Fridge Horror, The horror comes near the end when you realize he's what Luffy might've become if his loss of Ace got to him, before Jinbei snapped him out of it.
- Freudian Excuse: His entire crew was killed in a storm which psychologically broke him, although it doesn't even begin to excuse him for what he put Luffy through.
- Improbable Hairstyle: His hair is shaped like a palm tree.
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope
- Killed Off for Real: The only villain to ever be killed by Luffy, although it is likely that he was being kept alive by Lily, thus a parasite with the shell of a man feeding off Lily.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Turns out to very serious and out of his mind.
- Step Ford Smiler: Shown when one of his men are revived, he gives a brief glimpse of his past self, only to make him feel happy. It's to hide the feelings of regret of losing his real crew and having to be satisfied with a hollow shell.
- Villainous Breakdown: One of the most horrifying in the series, contending with Gecko Moria for the title.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds
Click here to see her true appearance The true Big Bad of the sixth movie. A mysterious plant that gave Baron Omatsuri the power to replicate his deceased crew into plant hybrids in exchange for presumably his body and being fed strong pirates. The nature of its body is split into two: A giant snake looking creature that its victims are dropped into and are slowly absorbed, and the cutesy looking flower that rides on the Baron's shoulder. Its true form, however, is really that of a grotesque looking Venus fly trap creature.
Red Arrows Pirates
Baron Omatsuri's crew who make up the island's staff and residents. Most of whom challenge the Straw Hats for the right to relax on the island However they're all nothing more than plant replicas of Omatsuri's real crew who died in a storm. By feeding Lily strong pirates is he able to keep them functioning. Otherwise they shrivel up and turn into real plants.
of the seventh movie. An inventor and ruler of Mecha Island looking for a hidden treasure. After meeting the Straw Hats, he request their help to find it, promising to split the reward with them. However said treasure turned out to be a process of awakening the island which was a giant turtle and forcing it under his control using his machines so he can take over the Grand Line. Naturally the Straw Hats weren't pleased that they were bring used, leading to a confrontation.
- Big Bad: Of the seventh movie.
- Big Bad Wannabe: He only managed to last an entire movie's length by winning time. Once Luffy can put his hands on him, he's just a formality.
- Clock Punk: Most of his inventions seem to be clockwork, complete with Wind Up Keys.
- Cool Shades
- Fore Shadowing: Luffy defeats him by unknowingly activating Gear Second, which he wouldn't develop until the Water 7 arc.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Humiliation Conga: He doesn't lose that much but being spanked by your momma in front of your henchmen sort of ruins your villain's cred.
- Humongous Mecha: He fought Luffy with three of these: Tetsujin 28.5, Tetsujin 32.5 and the Super Zougame.
- Flawed Prototype: 32.5 was pretty much useless as it was sea-based and its legs were poorly designed.
- This Is a Drill: They all have drills as weapons.
- Rocket Punch: 28.5 and Zougame can fire their fists and/or drills off at enemies, luckily they're attached to cables so they can be retracted.
- Transforming Mecha: Luffy kept asking if they could transform to which Ratchet kept saying they couldn't.
- Turtle Power: His biggest and most powerful mecha, Super Zougame, looks like a giant turtle.
- Lean and Mean
- Powered Armor: He builds one for Honki, fit with Shoulder Cannons and a mask that suffocates him.
- Mad Scientist
- Momma's Boy: It doesn't stop him from trying to lock her away.
- Robot Maid: He has a bunch of them in his lair, much to Sanji's delight.
- Scary Shiny Glasses
- Sinister Shades
- Small Name, Big Ego: He's a talented scientist all right and leads his own island and there's nothing bad about being proud of it but it couldn't have hurt him to put his competence in perspective when facing hardened travelers like the Straw Hats.
- Stunt Casting: Played by a member of SMAP who normally acts in live-action (and "sings", of course). His voice-acting is similarly understated.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
Colonel Honki and General Maji
Honki voiced by: Keiichi Yamamoto (JP)
Maji voiced by: Kouji Katou (JP)
Ratchet's henchmen in the seventh movie. Honki is his bodyguard, while Maji has the duty to patrol the island.
Wapol's brother and Big Bad Duumvirate
along with him of the What If?
ninth movie. He ate the Shroom-Shroom Fruit (Noko Noko no Mi
) which allows him to produce poisonous mushroom spores.
A character appearing in the eleventh movie. Schneider used to be the leader of the Schneider pirates, who're now disbanded, leaving him only with his pet dog Buzz. Apparently, he's dying from ilness and he tries to force Buzz to leave him by giving him an impossible task: Steal Luffy's hat. Later is revealed that he wasn't really dying at all and he and Buzz are reunited.
Schneider's pet bulldog and loyal companion, is sent to steal Luffy's hat in order to stay with his master. He ate the Bird Bird fruit, Model Eagle.
"Black Arm" Z
The Big Bad
of the Twelvth Movie
and a former admiral
, Z is an imposing man with a giant mechanical arm and a Jolly Roger similar to the Marine's flag. Word of God
stated that he's the strongest opponent that the crew has faced so far. His real name is Zephyr
- The Ace: He was considered this among the Marines and trained several of their greatest (Aokiji, Kizaru, Akainu, Momonga, Smoker and many more).
- A Good Way to Die: Z's end is the finest one ANY man can ever hope to ask for; on his feet, foes before him, with tears of love and respect shed in his honor, even by his enemies.
- Artificial Limbs: A gargantuan mechanical arm connected to his shoulder named "Battle Smasher". He's also shown to have a more normal-sized one presumably for non-combat use.
- Badass: The strongest opponent the crew has faced so far. Considering how insanely powerful some the Straw Hats' previous enemies were, that's saying a lot.
- Indeed, in the opening, the guy takes on Kizaru, you know, the admiral who beat Luffy twice in the past. In the final climax of the film, it actually boils down to a slugfest between Luffy and him, and even when his arm gets destroyed he still fights on. He's probably the first opponent Luffy doesn't take out with any major attacks. And that's not even mentioning what happens afterwards.
- Badass Grandpa: He's 75 during the events of Film Z.
- Badass Normal: He has no Devil Fruit power. And even without his mechanical arm, he's no pushover.
- Big Bad: Of his own movie.
- Bolivian Army Ending: His final fate.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Even without his Battle Smasher, he's strong enough to create a large shockwave by striking the ground with his fists.
- It also says in Volume 1000 that he's mastered Rokushiki.
- Cool Shades
- Crazy-Prepared: Upon learning in their second encounter that Luffy is immune to his gunfire, he merely replies with a "Is that so?" and shoots Luffy with a bullet made from Sea Stone, bringing the fight to an end.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He joined the Marines in hopes of being a hero, but later found out that being one isn't just about being a hero. He later married and had a child, but both were killed by a pirate years later. He quit his position to become a trainer for the Marines but during a exercise, they were attacked and all of his students, save Ain and Bins, were killed. And his right arm was lopped off by a pirate.
- Then, just a year ago, the pirate who cut off his arm became a Warlord of the Sea. No wonder he left the marines.
- Dented Iron: As seen with his final fight with Luffy, his advanced age means he's not quite the same fighter as he used to be. It's even shown earlier, as he needs to use an aerosol when he gets too exhausted.
- The Dreaded: Regardless of his past, one thing's clear: the Marines are terrified of him. Makes sense, seeing as he's a former Marine Admiral, and thus used to be one of their "Greatest Military Powers". Now that he's gone rogue, and is planning to exterminate all pirates in a such a way that Akainu, the current Fleet Admiral, wouldn't approve of, it's safe to say that any pirate who knows of him would be terrified of him as well.
- Expy: Seems to have some similarities with Shiki.
- Face Death with Dignity: Z's Magnificent and Heroic End.
- Heroic Sacrifice: After his battle with Luffy, Kizaru and his troops move in to capture Z and the Straw Hats. Z, respecting Luffy's strength and conviction, stays behind to battle them and allow the Straw Hats, as well as his subordinates, to escape. Even knowing he won't survive but having nothing left to lose.
- I Was Quite a Looker
- Kick the Dog: He knows who Shanks is and constantly badmouths him, much to Luffy's anger. During Luffy second rematch with him, he steals his straw hat which gives Luffy even more motivation to beat him.
- Lightning Bruiser: If this film trailer is anything to go by, at least.
- Ki Attacks: He's very skilled at Haki, especially in the Color of Armanent that earned him his nickname of "Black Arm".
- Killed Off for Real
- Knight Templar: Like any Marine with the absolute justice mantra, he wishes to eradicate all pirates. However his plan involves using Dyna Stones, stones that when exposed to air explode like a nuclear bomb, to blow up crucial volcanic vault lines and turn the whole Grand Line into a sea of flames. Killing every pirate on the seas but taking innocent lives as well.
- Sorting Algorithm of Evil: Apparently, this guy is stronger than all the previous opponents met by the Straw Hats so far, including Rob Lucci, Eneru and Crocodile.
- And that's just the foes they've beaten. Taken absolutely literally, the statement means he's also stronger than Kuma, Mihawk, and the Admirals. The Straw Hats definitely have their work cut out for them...
- Start My Own: His Neo Marines. They even got their own version of the Pacifistas.
- That Man Is Dead: When he left the Marines after finding out the one of the recently joined Seven Warlords of the Sea was responsible for cutting off his arm. He completely abandoned his old name, Zephyr, and took the name Z.
- Tragic Villain
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
Ain and Bins
Z's subordinates and most trusted companions. They've both eaten a Devil Fruit. Ain◊
is an attractive young woman who ate the Return-Return Fruit (Modo Modo no Mi
), which allows her to return the age of anything she touches to a younger age. Bins◊
is a large man dressed like a ninja and ate the Growth-Growth Fruit (Mosa Mosa no Mi
), allowing him to make plants grow at ludicrous speed.
- Badass Adorable: Ain may not be "awww"-inducingly adorable, but she's still rather cute, and definitely badass.
- Badass Longcoat: Ain wears one similar to her captain's.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Stoic though he may be, Bins makes a lot of weird facial expressions and sounds in battle, and is also prone to dancing oddly to use his powers.
- Blade Across The Shoulder: Bins' katana.
- Co-Dragons: To Z. Ain in particular is explicitly stated to be Z's second-in-command.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Ain's devil fruit powers works on the earth as well, allowing her to soften and harden the ground at will in order to trap her opponents. She can also turn cold magma back into a dangerous lava pool.
- Fountain of Youth: Ain's powers, similar to those of Bonney except that it works even on objects, and it only works backwards. Also, it only takes away twelve years per hit, whereas Bonney can freely choose by how many years she can age or regress people.
- Fragile Speedster: Ain is pretty damn strong physically, but prefers to rely more on speed and clever use of her Devil Fruit to gain the upper hand in battle. It shows in her choice of weapons: she is mostly seen wielding two knives or short swords instead of huge and slow weapons.
- Fuuma Shuriken: One can seen dangling from Bins' back.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Ain has a rather large scar on her right leg.
- Green Thumb: Bins can speed up the growth of plants thanks to his Mosa Mosa fruit powers.
- The Gunslinger: Ain wields two guns for long-ranged attacks.
- Magic Pants: Averted with Ain, whose victims' clothes do not change along with them when they get younger.
- Ms. Fanservice: Ain.
- Ninja: Bins' general appearance.
- Sole Survivors: They were part of the trainees under Z's command back in the past. But a pirate attack killed the majority of them with only Z and these two coming out of it alive.
- The Stoic: Both of them, especially Ain. That is, until Z's last stand, during which Ain breaks down in tears. They both cry after Z dies.
- Undying Loyalty: They're willing to sacrifice their lives to help Z.
- Weak, but Skilled: Though Ain definitely isn't weak, her strength pales in comparison to other fighters shown in the series. She makes up for it with her speed and clever tactics. As shown in a flashback in the Z's Ambition arc, at the end of a five-hour long fight against Shuzo which she was about to lose, Ain regained the upper hand by hardening the ground with her powers, trapping Shuzo in it.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Ain. Hard to tell with Bins though.
OVA and TV Special Characters
The antagonist for the Defeat the Pirate Ganzack!
OVA. Ganzack had taken over a resident island on East Blue and force the inhabitants to build him a ship and a new weapon with intent to take over East Blue and the Grand Line. Luffy, Zoro and Nami however wind up shipwrecked on said islands and eventually leads into a confrontation with the rookie crew.
Also from the OVA. A little girl whose a resident on the island Ganzack has taken over. She tries to make a rather futile attempt at protecting the island with nothing more than a small suit of armor and a naginata. But its obvious she doesn't have the strength to do much good. However when the Straw Hats arrive at the island, she sees her chance to liberate the island by coaxing them into fighting Ganzack.
The antagonist of the first special who was after a treasure that allowed the holder any wish. However just as he was within reach of it, his crew mutinied and killed him. His spirit, for some reason, was turned into a bat and he watched over his remains in the mountain. Waiting for the day someone would defeat the guardians he angered in pursuit of the treasure so he could get his body back.
A resident in a village surrounded by waterfalls. He also happens to be the son of the village elder who was killed when he was little. He wishes to avenge her death and sends out notes in bottles in hopes of attracting someone strong to help him. Naturally this bring the Straw Hats into the area.
- Revenge: His motive but really its mostly his not coming to terms with his mother's death since Joke is long since dead. Ironically when he finally does face down a revived Captain Joke. He realizes his motives were wrong and that he should do as his mother did and protect the village.
- Tagalong Kid: Follows after Luffy for the whole special as he makes his way to the Mountain of the Gods.
- You Killed My Mother: To Joke who indeed was responsible for her death.
The antagonist of the second special. A pirate who has the power to control people by making his crew sing (once again, this isn't explained). He goes after a girl named Amanda who has a map on her back to a great treasure.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Once his singers are knocked out, he finds himself on the business end of a Straw Hat group attack. Ouch.
- Musical Assassin
- Oh Crap: I'd panic too if I saw seven very angry Straw Hats about to unleash fury my way.
- People Puppets: Makes Amanda reveal her map like this and then uses Luffy to attack his own crew.
A girl on the run from Bayan along with her younger siblings, Milia and Holy, aided by two of deserters of Bayan's crew Maccus and Bonney (Not that
Bonney). Amanda is the daughter of a adventurer who had made a great discovery, but died before he could show anyone though managed to leave a map on Amanda's back. Amanda hates him for this however since she and her siblings are being targeted. Lucky for her, her group managed to run into the Straw Hats while resting on a deserted island.
- Action Girl: Not a major butt kicker but she's certainly capable.
- Girlish Pigtails
- MacGuffin Girl: The map on her back leads to a great treasure.
- Parental Abandonment: Her dad died right on the doorstep of their home and she isn't happy about being a living treasure map. This changes when she finds out what said treasure is, a gigantic pearl which her father left for her and her siblings.
The antagonist of the third TV series and a dirty Marine Lieutenant. He was once the subordinate of the retired marine Lieutenant, Randolph, who suspected him of selling illegal weapons and killing one of his shipmates in the process (both of which were true). But due to lack of evidence, he was cleared of all charges though it set him back on his rise to power. He still held a grudge against Randolph for this and seeked to frame him and throw him in jail as revenge. Too bad the Straw Hats happened to be in the area.
A former Marine captain turned actor. As a child he lost his parents to pirates and joined the Marines to take bring those responsible to justice. Once accomplished, he returned to acting to help those who equally lost loved ones to pirates. However he has a scar across his chest from his days in the service that will cause him to lose his voice over time. Thus when the Straw Hats arrive to see his play, its his last performance before he retires for good. However Governer shows up with other plans.
The main antagonist from both the first One Piece pilot and the Romance Dawn Story
OVA special. Just a typical bad pirate who was terrorizing Silk's home and had the misfortune to run into Luffy who was passing by. As the manga pilot isn't considered canon (it was the first of three), Galley will go here.
- Defeat Means Friendship: According to the manga pilot's Distant Finale, he joins up with Luffy at some point.
- Development Gag: A somewhat older version of him appears in a filler of the Loguetown arc where he's quickly taken down by Smoker.
- Dirty Coward: Only threatening if he has the advantage (like having Luffy tied up which was due more to the townspeople mistaking Luffy for him). In a real fight he's pretty pathetic.
- Oh Crap: In the OVA when he's handed Luffy's bounty and compares it with his own, finding it's not even close to his rank (Luffy's, at the time: 300,000,000 Berri - Galley's: 5,000,000 Berri). Likewise his crew quickly begged for their lives once they realized who Luffy was.
A resident of the island Gallery attacking. She tries to rally the people of the village to fight back and is the only one willing to fight in the meantime.. She's hostile to Luffy at first but soon becomes a friends of his during Galley's attack. She was the first in many prototype designs of who would eventually become Nami. When story was being remade for the OVA, she had a radically different design.
An old wax sculptor from Hand Island, who knew many famous pirates and made wax statues of them. He eventually befriends Luffy.
- Cool Old Guy: Not only he got to know Whitebeard and Shanks, he also made wax statues of most of Whitebeards' crew.
- Top-Heavy Guy
The son of Diego, who joined the Marines against his father's will. He eventually ends up helping Luffy against Bilic.
The wicked Commodore who lords over Hand Island, he's a fan of Kizaru, and a very weird person.
Anime Only Characters
A former Marine and master sniper, was a rival of Usopp's father Yasopp.
A little and clumsy girl rescued by the Straw Hats, she travels with Ryuu, a Sennen Ryuu (Thousand Years Dragon) and seeks its native Island so that he can rest there. She ate the Whisper-Whisper Fruit (Hiso Hiso no Mi
) and can speak to the animals.
Commodore Nelson Royal
An incredibly obese and corrupted Marine officer commanding a small fleet. He heard of the legendary Thousand Years Dragon, and wishes to capture him and eat his bones to become immortal.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: No No NO!
- Though even Eric admits that he IS good at naval warfare. He didn't get the position of Commodore for nothing.
- Bad Boss: When he realized Eric was going to betray him, he ordered to sink his ship... with two of his men still on it.
- Big Eater: He's probably going to eat that poor dragon whole...
- Cool Ship: His main ship has a huge figurehead looking like a huge gargoyle of sorts.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Not exactly a badass, but he is certainly more competent in naval warfare than what his appearance and personality would indicate.
- Fat Bastard: So much that his henchmen have to carry him around.
- Large and in Charge: Hell Yeah...
- Verbal Tic: Says "Ode-jaru" at the end of any sentence.
Eric the Whirlwind
A ruthless mercenary and killer working for Nelson, but has his own goals. He ate the Sickle-Sickle Fruit (Kama Kama no Mi
), allowing him to cast blades of air
from his extremely sharp nails.
- Ambiguously Gay: A Running Gag about the name of his fruit being mistaken for Okama Okama (Gay Gay fruit), making him annoyed. The joke was carried over in the Funimation dub with "Sickle Sickle" being mistaken for "Sicko Sicko" fruit.
- Cool Shades
- The Dragon: To Nelson.
- Killed Off for Real: He reappers during the travel up the Reverse Mountain, but gets knocked by Nami and falls in the sea where, considering that he can't swim, he probably drowned. And even if he could swim, it wouldn't have made much of a difference : The currents of Reverse Mountain are known to be insanely fast, so he's boned anyway.
- Razor Wind: The core of the powers granted by the Kama Kama fruit, sharp enough to slice through trees and rocks. Doesn't stop Luffy from enduring several of these at point blank during the final battle, though.
- The Dog Bites Back: When Nelson on the sinking ship blames him for the blunder, he simply kills him.
- Wolverine Claws: His nails are very sharp. It's implied that he have to sharpen them each day in order to keep the edge.
Zenny the Moneylender
Voiced by: Osamu Saka
(JP), Charlie Campbell (EN, Funi)
A very old goat shepherd living on a remote island with his goats. He always wanted to be a pirate.
Child Voice: Masumi Kageyama (JP), Unknown (EN, 4Kids), Luci Christian
Rapa Nui Pasqua
A high ranking Marine officer appearing in the Rainbow Mist arc. His "Younger Self " is imprisoned inside said Mist.
A former pirate turned mayor of a small village, he seeks the mysterious Rainbow Mist.
Voiced by: Nobuo Tanaka (JP), Mark Stoddard (EN, Funi)
The commander of the G8 base as well could be considered the Big Bad
of the filler arc even though he has no ill-intent. Said to be a protoge of Akainu, though they're as far apart when it comes to their actions.
- Anti-Villain: All he wants to do is protect his base and perform his duty as a Marine. He even treats Luffy and crew with a great deal of respect.
- Ascended Extra: Sorta — he got a cameo when all of the Marines are shown gathering at Marineford in the anime.
- Badass Mustache
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Cool Old Guy: Oh yeah.
- Dramatic Irony: He's a protege of freaking Admiral "I KILLED ACE" Akainu. Hard to believe when you compare the two.
- The Chessmaster: He even uses a chess board when planning his moves
- Happily Married: To Jessica, the head chef of G8.
- Manipulative Bastard: Most of his interaction with Inspector Shepherd was provoking (or misguiding) the latter into to screwing up several of their traps so that he could hold it against Shepherd who was trying to shut down G8 and give himself a scapegoat should the Straw Hats manage to escape.
- Magnificent Bastard: He never underestimates the Straw Hats. When one plan fails, it's just a setup for another one and would have nearly caught them if it weren't for Shepherd's interference.
- Picky Eater: Not a big fan of vegetables.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Very well-respected at his base and looks out for the welfare of his troops.
- The Unfought: Luffy does meet with him face to face a few times, but never trades blows with him.
- The reason he didn't fight with Luffy was because Sanji realized that no one would act that relaxed when challenged to a fight unless they had something up their sleeve and dragged away Luffy who was itching to punch Jonathan. Much later in it is revealed that possessing Haki is required for one to become a Vice Admiral.
- Worthy Opponent: Proclaims this to Luffy.
An inspector of the base who views himself in high regard. He has disdain for the G8 viewing it as weak and looks to get it shut down for any infraction he can find. Too bad for him he had to visit on the day the Straw Hats accidentally splashed down on the base.
- BFG: The Eagle Launcher. In fact, it's too big a BFG.
- Butt Monkey
- Humiliation Conga: First gets knocked out by Robin, has his clothes taken from him, mistaken as one of the Straw Hats, and gets thrown into jail with Zoro and Usopp. When the misunderstanding was finally cleared up, he took it upon himself to capture the Straw Hats personally but only ended aiding their escape due to his bumbling. And when his last gambit ultimately fails and the SH get away, he's knocked out senseless by Jonathan's wife, Jessica, when she hears him threatening to court martial her hubbie.
- Glory Hound
- Looks Like Cesare
- Name's the Same: No relation to that Commander Shepard.
- Never My Fault: Never admits to his own blunders.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: Seriously if he had kept his ego in check and just let G8 continue with their operations, the Straw Hats would've been easily defeated by Jonathan's strategies.
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Smug Snake
- Villainous Widow's Peak
The Boss of the Accino Family, a clan of Bounty Hunters residing in a glacial island. He collect pirate flags and ate the Hot-Hot Fruit (Atsu Atsu no Mi
) which allows him to raise his body temperature up to 10,000 degrees, especially when he gets mad.
Campacino and Brindo
Don Accino's eldest twin sons. Campacino is essentially Acchino's Dragon
. they can use an ability called Combination Play
that involves them magnetically attracting and repelling each other.
Puzzle the Phoenix
A famous pirate captain with a bounty of 100.000.000 Berry, is a powerful fighter and known for being able to raise back even when seriously injured. However, after his defeat in the New World he almost died and his crew is forced to work for the Accino Family. He eventually heals thanks to Chopper and get back his Jolly Roger.
Voiced by: N/A
A large Flame Beetle (Kaen Kabuto
) created by the SIQ
. He escaped from The Golden Lion Pirates and ended up on a small island known as Little East Blue where he made friends with a little girl called Yoko.
The Substitute Queen of Kamabakka Kingdom, is a huge crossdresser who rules the island during Emporio Ivankov's absence. Later confirmed to be one of the 99 masters of Nekwama Kenpo guarding the recipies for the Attack Cuisine.
A really old man living in the Grey Terminal met by Luffy-Ace-Sabo. He was a famous pirate once, and even fought against Gold Roger himself.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Once Black, now grey.
- Cool Old Guy: Hell yeah!
- Cool Hat: not cool in and of itself, but...
- Cool Shades: has a pair which he wears ON HIS HAT
- Death Glare: When using the Supreme King Haki to chase away a bear.
- Drop the Hammer: Wields a hammer seemingly made from scrap materials, and it's also the general motifs of his pirate crew, as seen with his own Jolly Roger and ship.
- Retired Badass: After some time during the 20 year span of Gold Roger's death, he retired.
A female giant
known for her enormous appetite who is trying to rescue her Supreme Chef
father, Panz Fry, from the marines. She ate the Mini-Mini Fruit (Mini Mini no Mi
) which allows her to shrink at will.
Lily's father, likewise a pirate giant as well as a well known chef, who earned his bounty from doing raids on Marine cargo ships for food to help the starving.
One of Z's subordinates and the main antagonist of the Z's Ambition Arc
- Ambiguously Brown: Seems more like he's well-tanned though.
- Badass: The guy was able to beat two giants, and Luffy (i.e, the Luffy that had spent the last two years training under Silvers Rayleigh) in a fight, at least until Luffy went gigantic...
- The Brute
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Knows some Rokushiki such as Geppo, Soru, Shigan and Tekkai, which makes sense as he used to be in the Marines.
- Creepily Long Arms: Part of the Longarm Tribe, it seems.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: How he jumped into the fight against the Straw Hats and Marines by launching himself like a cannonball. Luffy's balloon form couldn't even deflect him.
- In fact his whole fighting style is based around this as he can swing his long arms like a mace and dive bomb people with his Geppo technique.
- Face-Heel Turn: Called out as such from Momonga since he was a former Marine.
- Ki Attacks: He can use Busoshoku Haki to stab Luffy with his fingers.
- Knight Templar: As with most of the Neo Marine, he takes his job of killing pirates a little too seriously.
- Living Weapon: His pet alpaca, Alpacacino which can fire cannon blasts from its mouth. It's a weapon given a Devil Fruit like Lassoo.
- The Starscream: To Ain, as his whole focus on killing Panz Fry is to move up a rank in Z's Neo Marines. A flashback of his also confirms it as he lost the number two position to her after a five hour battle against her.
- You Have Failed Me: Is warned point blank by Ain, one of Z's dragons, this will happen if he fails his objective since it wasn't part of his orders in the first place.
- Would Hit a Girl: If they're a pirate, then gender doesn't matter to him as shown when he tried to attack Lily.
Voiced by: Kazuya Ichijō
The main antagonist of the Caesar Retrieval Arc
. Breed is a pirate who kidnaps Caesar as the crew are waiting for Doflamingo's response to Law's demands. However rather then take Caesar back to Doflamingo, he plans to use him to create his "dream kingdom". Breed has the power of the Pet Pet Fruit (Peto Peto No Mi)
which forms itself like a green gooey substance over his hand. Whoever is hit with it, the goo form as a collar around the neck of the victim, forcing them to do as he commands. As such he has used it on a variety of animals and forced them to fight for him.
- The Beastmaster: Uses animals in his army.
- High-Class Glass: Wears a green-tinted monocle.
- Humans Are Bastards: What he thinks anyway, so much so he even abandoned his own crew and thought animals would be more fitting to his needs.
- One-Winged Angel: He can use his power on himself and command himself to give him a power boost. The drawback however is that it weakens the power he has over others.
- People Puppets: His main power, he doesn't control them directly but any commands he gives the victim has no choice but to obey. Even worse, they're fully aware of it.
- Slave Collar: Essentially what the goo turns into if it hits it's target.
- Small Name, Big Ego: He really thought he could take on Law and Luffy and come out on top.
- A Twinkle in the Sky: Has the honor of being the first New World villain to be beaten like this.
- Weaksauce Weakness: His power only works if his victims can hear his commands. If they can't, it's pretty much useless.
- Whip It Good: Carries a whip around
of the One Piece Premier Show
(A One Piece show with real life actors), Chameleone is a former Whitebeard Pirate who wanted to take advantage of the crew for his own plans, but was chased away in time, and now he's preparing his new plan on Samba Island. He ate the Copy-Copy Fruit (Kopi Kopi no Mi
), which allows him to take the appearence and powers of other people.
He has a bounty of 300,000,000 Berries.
The Big Bad
of One Piece Round the Land
, was a member of Dorry and Brogy's crew before getting lost during a terrible storm. Not knowing the fate of his companions, he tries to use the Legend of the Blue to realize his wish, and forces the Straw Hat Pirates to help him. He also ate the Mini-Mini Fruit (Mini Mini no Mi
, yes the same fruit Lily has), which allows him to shrink at will.
The Big Bad
of One Piece game Big Secret Treasure of the Seven Phantom Islands
. He ate the Rustle Rustle Fruit (Pasa Pasa no Mi
), a Logia type that allows him to turn into paper.
Secondary character of the videogame One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
. He's a cute rabbit-wolf hybrid with mystical powers. He's the guardian of the Island, tasked to prevent the awakening of the Evil Guardian.
The Big Bad
of Unlimited Adventure
. A monster created by the dark thoughts and feelings of the Island's former inhabitants. After being accidentally fred by the Straw Hats, it turns into the Evil Master Beast but is eventually destroyed for good.
A small imp-like spirit seen in Unlimited Cruise
. A loyal servant of the Great Tree, his purpose is to test the Straw Hats and turn into a present suitable for them. After being deemed evil by the tree, Gabri is turned into the Doom Guardian and later in the Demon of Doom. However, he manages to free himself from the Tree's control.
A creature created from the Great Tree who judged the Straw Hats as evil after witnessing the memories of Blackbeard.
Is the Final Boss
of both acts of Unlimited Cruise
, in the latter being present as the Demon of Doom.
- Badass Beard: His first form.
- Casting a Shadow
- Ditto Fighter: The Demon of Doom not only use the same Power Copying gimmick of the Evil Master Beast, but can also imitate other character's fighting styles and materialize weapons out of thin air.
- Drop the Hammer: Unlike the Evil Guardian, in his first form he wields a gigantic stone maul as his weapon of choice.
- Dub Name Change: His original names were "Sabaki no Ban'in" (Guardian of Judgment) and "Hoboroki no Kijin" (Demon God of Destruction).
- Expy: He's basically the same as the Evil Guardian and Evil Master Beast from the previous game Unlimited Adventure.
- Flat Character: Justified, as rather than being a creature or a sentient entity he's simply a "tool" of punishment generated by the Great Tree.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Can shoot them out of his shoulders.
- Having a Blast: In his first form his attacks are mostly based on explosions of purple energy.
- Lean and Mean: The Demon of Doom.
- Lightning Bruiser: The Demon of Doom.
- One-Winged Angel: This time it turns into a vaguely humanoid being of darkness covered in roots.
- Robo Speak: Justified as he's more of a machine than a living creature with feelings.
- Shoulders of Doom: First form again.
Voiced by: Masachika Ichimura (JP)
The main antagonist of the 3DS game One Piece: Unlimited World Red
. He is one of the Level 6 prisoners released from Impel Down due to Blackbeard. Like Z, he was designed by Oda for the game.
- Badass Grandpa: Though his powers have been reduced by his age, he is still a very formidable opponent.
- Badass Normal: Until the final battle, when he eats the Batto Batto no Mi: Model Vampire.
- Beard of Evil: Has a three-pronged goatee.
- Evil Redhead: In his youth, which he briefly regains using his new Devil Fruit powers.
- Flash Step: He makes use of these a fair amount, particularly in cutscenes.
- Hidden Depths: He is brutal and vicious, but he does care for his pet companion Pato, and isn't incapable of showing respect.
- High Collar of Doom
- Masked Luchador: in his Vampire form. No, really: he even has a champion belt and a head bandana (similar to Zoro's) that actually becomes his mask.
- Mook Maker: Not by his own power, but Pato allows him to create clones of people with his ability. He uses this to clone the Straw Hats and their classic foes, and make them fight the real crew.
- Not so Above It All: Red actually thinks Pato and Chopper might be relatives. Even though Pato is a pen that was fed a devil fruit, hence the gold tail.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Before the Final Boss battle, he eats and attains the power of the Batto Batto no Mi: Model Vampire.
- Parasol of Pain
- Rapid Aging: Can induce this after eating the Batto Batto no Mi: Model Vampire by sucking people's life force, leaving them in an old, decrepit shriveled state. Yadoya and Luffy can attest to that.
- Red Baron: "The Red Count", "Red".
- Touch Telepathy: His strong Observational Haki allows him to do this.
- Worthy Opponent
- Vampiric Draining: how his devil fruit works. He doesn't have to actually bite the characters to drain them of their youth - he can just hold them at arms reach and drain them via just touching them.
- You Are Not Alone: spends most of the game going through this character development - he was infamous for being able to do things on his own that shouldn't have been possible for just one man, so Pato spends most of the game trying to get through to him that he doesn't need to cast him aside as a "tool" - He'll be there for him as a comrade and help him get past the hurdles of old age as they come