Rise up, my Cosmos!PEGASUS RYUSEI KENNNNNNNN!!!Tōru Furuya is one of the older seiyuus that, along with Akira Kamiya, triggered the second seiyuu boom. He is most famous for his role as the first Gundam hero Amuro Ray, and is almost as well known for voicing Pegasus Seiya in the classic Saint Seiya series. He still continues on working even now, maintaining his bishie voice... which can still be heard in Ribbons "Bad Amuro" Almark of Gundam 00. He uses the pseudonym 'Noboru Sougetsu' when working Ribbons' voice, just so the fans can differentiate him and Amuro... but really, who would be fooled?His first role was actually as a child actor in Ultraman! Even at over 50 years old, he still has the voice of a Bishōnen. Whoa.He was a close friend of the late Hirotaka Suzuoki.Here he is in GPS form.
Toru Furuya's roles, IKIMAAAASU!
- Akared, the "Super Red Ranger" in the Boukenger vs. Super Sentai 30th anniversary special and Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
- Amuro Ray in Mobile Suit Gundam
- Arty (Burgh) in Pokémon
- Casshern in Casshern Sins
- Cyborg 0013 aka Tsutomu in the Cyborg 009's 1979 TV series.
- Eren/"Monday Elizabeth" in Gintama who is an Expy to Amuro.
- Hiroshi Shiba in Kotetsu Jeeg
- Hyuuma Hoshi in Kyojin No Hoshi (Star of the Giants)
- Kyousuke Kasuga in Kimagure Orange Road TV series, OAV and Shin KOR movie (Noticeable in that he was the second seiyuu for the character; Yuu Mizushima played Kyosuke in the pilot, and later Furuya would be replaced by Ryo Horikawa in the 90's CD dramas)
- Dr. Newton Geizler in the Japanese dub of Pacific Rim.
- Nobushige Oyamada in Sengoku Basara 2 anime.
- Pegasus Seiya in Saint Seiya (Classic series, replaced by Masakazu Morita later)
- He's reprising his role as Seiya in Saint Seiya Omega.
- Ribbons Almark in Gundam 00 (under the pseudonym of Noboru Sogetsu, and earning Ribbons the Fan Nickname "Evil Amuro")
- adult!Sabo in One Piece
- Shinichi "Namura-sensei/Nachan" Namura in Marmalade Boy
- Shuren in Bleach
- Super Mario in Super Mario Bros. anime and early commercials.note
- Tooru Amuro (or better said, Rei Furuya) in Detective Conan.
- Toppy/Tauppy in Sands of Destruction.
- Tuxedo Kamen/Mamoru Chiba in Sailor Moon
- Yabooki in Hana no Ko Lunlun, one of the first times he went Playing Against Type since Yabooki is a Smug Snake member of a Goldfish Poop Gang following the main heroine and her friends around.
- Yamcha in Dragon Ball series
- Zen Kirishima in Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi (Under the pseudonym Noboru Sogetsu again but this is his first BL role)
Have you ever felt the true power of the tropes?
Wait a sec... you just described me! Not even my father described me!