Recap: One Piece Caesar Retrieval Arc
A filler arc that takes place between the Punk Hazard Arc
and the Dressrosa Arc
After leaving Punk Hazard, the crew, along with Trafalger Law, Kinemon, Momonosuke and their captive, Caesar Clown, are resting for the night when they're suddenly attacked by animals who have strange green collars on their necks. In the midst of the attack, a man named Breed captures Caesar and departs. Luffy, Chopper and Law go after him and find themselves on Breed's boat where they must contend against his controlled animals if they wish to get Caesar back.
''Caesar Retrieval Arc has the following tropes
- A Twinkle in the Sky: How Breed is defeated when Luffy and the Dugong double team him with the help of the animals.
- Bottle Episode: The majority of the arc takes place on Breed's ship in the span of a single night with only Luffy, Law, Chopper and the Dugong as the main protagonists.
- Cool Ship: Breed's, the thing is massive, with an indoor aquarium and spacious enough to fight around.
- Continuity Nod: One of the animals is a Dugong that Luffy had met back in the Alabasta Arc.
- Idiot Ball: Luffy stops Law from using his "room" powers on a rampaging Chopper because he doesn't want Chopper to be hurt. Forgetting that Laws powers are such that he can slice people to pieces without hurting them, making him uniquely capable of stopping someone without harming them. As a result, both Law and Luffy are given collars by Breed.
- People Puppets: Breed ate the Peto-Peto (Pet) Fruit which forms itself as a green goo-like substance on his hand. Whomever gets hit with it forms a collar around their neck and becomes his unwitting slave forced to obey his commands.