A prominent voice actor in several cartoons recorded or dubbed in New York, particularly those produced by 4Kids Entertainment.Jason Adam Griffith (born November 29, 1980) was a Promoted Fanboy by accident (as he recalls at the 2010 Sonicon; he was young, and he needed the money), Griffith first rose to prominence as the VA for Sonic the Hedgehog in 4Kids' dub of Sonic X. Naturally, the show was the subject of much hate discussions thanks to an already Broken Base and the overall nature of 4Kids. The subsequent casting of Griffith as Shadow the Hedgehog did not help.And then Sega fired the original voice cast and replaced them with the 4Kids actors.
One can only guess how the fans reacted.To sum it all up, Griffith is the living embodiment of divisiveness. Some people don't mind the changes, stating that Griffith has actually gotten better thanks to Vocal Evolution. Others, however, still detest him for taking the place of Ryan Drummond, who played Sonic before Griffith. The fact that Drummond was not told by Sega about the change didn't help.And now Griffith himself has been replaced, this time by Roger Craig Smith, shattering the base even further.He also seems to be a fan of Elvis Presley according to his Twitter.(Also, he is not to be confused with the OTHER Jason Griffith who has also portrayed characters in a few TV shows, including The X-Files and the telefilm Man in the Mirror: The Michael Jackson Story. Both of their middle names are different.)
Notable roles from Jason Griffith:
- Atticus Rhodes (Fubuki Tenjouin) and Nightshroud in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
- Abel in Slayers Evolution-R
- Bevil Starling, a Guest-Star Party Member in Neverwinter Nights 2
- Brawly, Tate, Looker, and the FABULOUS Cilan in Pokémon
- Cal in the live-action web show Casters. Fair warning, his role may Homing Attack your childhood in the crotch, considering his character's, er, issue. He's addicted to porn.
- Chikoriki in GoGoRiki
- Keita Ibuki in Black God
- Jin Kanzaki in Zetman. With this role he's definitely taken a level in badass, especially compared to almost all his other roles here which are mostly kid friendly.
- Joe Shimamura/Cyborg 009 in 009 Re:Cyborg
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2003-2010)
- Tatsuha Uesugi in Gravitation
- Trank in Video Brinquedo's Mockbuster Tiny Robots.
- Tom Majors in Chaotic
- Lord Darkar in the 4Kids version of Winx Club.
- Ace in World of Winx.
- Miyamoto Usagi and several minor characters in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. In the crossover movie Turtles Forever, he ends up playing Turtle Prime's Leonardo.
- Usopp and Yasopp in One Piece (4Kids dub)