open/close all folders
Mighty No. 9 - Beck
- Arm Cannon: Being an expy of Mega Man, this signature weapon is a must-have.
- The Assimilator: Beck's primary power is to absorb Xelsnote from other robots and using those acquired Xels to transform his body thus gaining their powers, abilities, skills, traits and characteristics and use those to his own advantage.
- One method for him of accomplishing this is by "absorb dashing"note towards a weakened or stunned robot.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Some of the concept art show him with wrist mounted blades along with a pointy armor to go along with it.
- Cool Helmet: He'll acquire different looking helmets (along with the rest of himself) as he gets more transformations.
- Cool Mask / One-Way Visor: His visor is called a "C. Visor" based on one of his official artworks. We see him using it in some of his concept arts so it might probably have some function and not just to only look cool. Plus it also changes with him so we'll get to see him wearing an assortment of cool masks and visors as he acquires more transformations.
- Do-Anything Robot: Given that he can potentially reconfigure into practically anything, it's most likely that he can become this.
- Expy: Of Mega Man.
- The Hero: Note the Character Title.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Beck's emotional state tends to directly affect his abilities. As such, his nervousness on the battlefield slows up his siblings. When he's worked up some confidence, however...
- Non-Action Guy: Unlike his predecessors, he is not an effective fighter in Battle Colosseum battles, due to his human emotions being wired to his abilities, thus tending to go haywire. By the time the other robots went berzerk, he needed the encouragement of Dr. White to boost his self confidence and resolve to save the day.
- It's also worth noting that, unlike Mega Man or Mega Man X, it's not that Beck is necessarily a pacifist nor against violence. Rather, he's been described as being timid, moreso easily frightened than anything else.
- Power Copying: Even more extensive than the original's Mega Manning powers, his entire body changes and copies the enemy robot's features, traits and powers though he doesn't look like a clone and more like a modified version of his original design.
- Punny Name: In conjunction to Call. Making "Beck and Call" similar to Mega Man's "Rock and Roll".
- Retractable Weapon: Aside from reconfiguring his entire body, he can also reconfigure his arms and hands into various weapons and tools.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: Says to possess the unique trait of being more human than any robot created before. Unfortunately, this leads to his intrusive emotions and lack of courage impairing his effectiveness as a hero.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Mighty No. 7
- Telescoping Robot: He seems to be able to conjure and/or store additional parts, attachments, add-ons, components and even an entirely different body when he transforms. How he is able to store all those things when he returns to his default form hasn't been revealed yet and is still a mystery.
- Transforming Mecha: He is capable of reconfiguring his body to form anything from a bulldozer/loader/tank form to a gigantic rocket propelled hammer.
- You Are Number Nine: His numerical designation, though he has a proper name as well.
Voiced by: Julie Nathanson
- Action Girl: Call will be playable in her own level complete with boss fight, as well as, being available in the game's co-op mode.
- Animal Motif: The ends of her hair is colored in a lighter shade making it look like a fox's tail.
- Anime Hair: Somewhat justified, what with being a robot and all.
- Biker Babe: She is often depicted to ride the motorcycle form of Rush's expy.
- Deuteragonist: To the point of being playable in the game's co-op modes.
- Expy: Of Roll.
- Hair Decorations: Her mechanical bow ribbon accessory. Doubles as an Expressive Accessory.
- The Immune: According to a Kickstarter post, she is immune to The Virus that made the other robots go berserk.
- Pink Means Feminine: Aside from the other dominant color red, her clothing is mostly pink.
- Punny Name: In conjunction to Beck. Making "Beck and Call" similar to Mega Man's "Rock and Roll".
- Rapunzel Hair: Will most likely drag around the floor if she lets her hair down.
- Red-Headed Heroine: Lightly ginger to the point of being almost blond with hair at the ends of her ponytail.
- Robot Dog: She has a motorcycle robot dog.
- Robot Girl: She is more robotic than the Ridiculously Human Robot Beck which the developers plan to take advantage of for some interesting interactions between the two.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Rank C, her "footwear" ending at the knee joint.
Other Mighty Numbers
Mighty No. 1 - Pyrogen
- The Big Guy: Looks like he is at first until his bodily fire extinguishes revealing a skinny lighter themed body◊.
- Combo Platter Powers: His two main abilities are Fire and Explosions.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: His legs are two different designs, with one of them having a fire pattern on it and the other having something more like the things on Beck's torso.
- Flaming Hair: Specifically a flaming ponytail.
- Having a Blast: Along with fire, he excels at explosions.
- Heel-Face Turn: In the beta demo with Mighty No. 2's stage, he is seen helping Beck out by defrosting the facility.
- In-Series Nickname: Pyro
- Motif: Says to made to resemble a boxer or a wrestler. He even was planned to be able to deploy a wrestling ring (the corner posts and ropes at least) on his back and use the ropes as momentum for a charging attack.
- His redesign on the other hand is of a lighter. Specifically the part where the flames are ignited.
- Playing with Fire: His combat focus.
- Wreathed in Flames: His torso, arms, and upper legs can form a Heroic Build of fire. The emitters for such, his physical limbs, are comparatively skinny.
- You Are Number One: The first of the Mighty model line.
Mighty No. 2 - Cryosphere
Voiced by: Paige King
Mighty No. 3 - Dynatron
Voiced by: Jan Johns
Mighty No. 4 - Seismic
Mighty No. 5 - Battalion
Voiced by: Brian T. Delaney
Mighty No. 6 - Aviator
Voiced by: Mick Wingert
Mighty No. 7 - Brandish
Voiced by: John Paul Karliak
- Big Brother Instinct: In his stage, he attacks ahead of Beck to make Beck stop pursuing him. It doesn't work so when Beck reaches him....Brandish falls to the virus.
- BFS: Each of his half-scissor swords are pretty sizable.
- To wit, his blades make up over half his weight at ninety-nine kilograms. That means that each sword weights roughly one hundred and nine pounds, and he still swings these things faster than the eye can follow.
- Combo Platter Powers: His two main abilities are Sword skills and Speed.
- Cool Helmet: It has a scissor/blade-like "horns" to go on with the scissor motif. It also features a headphone looking ear guards like Beck's. Underneath those is a black helmet.
- Cool Mask: It consists of 3 components including the huge underbite armor plate.
- The goggle looking things are actually part of a retractable visor that goes down and cover his exposed eyes and upper face. Probably when in combat.
- Underneath the huge underbite armor is a purple segmented faceplate where the nose and mouth should be, reminiscent to a typical Kamen Rider helmet minus the bug eyes.
- Dual Wielding: Wields two swords with a Shear Menace motif.
- Expy: Of Proto Man with a dash of Cut Man.
- The Faceless: In the concept sketches, there is a drawing of him with a more humanoid head, possibly hinting that what we are seeing is merely a helmet and not his actual face.
- Head Swap: If you examine his character design closely, you'll see that he has the same body as Beck but with a red paint job, subtle changes here and there and additional accessories.
- Heel-Face Turn: In the beta demo with Mighty No. 3's stage, he is seen helping Beck out.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: He "wears" a helmet with a a pair of blade-like horns jutting out of it with a large beak-like collar guard. Not to mention that he lugs around those pair of half scissor styled blades that's almost as tall as him.
- In-Series Nickname: Brand
- Motif: He is themed after a scissor like Cut Man.
- Ninja: In addition to his scissor motif.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Yellow flavored.
- The Seventh Of These is Not Like the Others: While the other eight Mighty Numbers have weapons that are part of their bodies, No. 7 carries his weapons like a human.
- Shear Menace: Though he doesn't use actual scissors, his swords are distinctly scissor-themed, and artwork depicts him crossing them a few times to resemble scissors.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: He is designed by Comcept to be Beck's "brother" character and it shows. Beck is blue. 7 is red. Beck's main weapon is a ranged weapon. 7's main weapon are melee weapons. Beck looks enthusiastic and determined. 7's grim and serious.
- Sticks to the Back: According to Comcept, when not in use, he puts his swords on his back, placing them to make it look "almost like butterfly wings". So far we haven't seen anything behind his back in the concept sketches that reveals what could hold said weapons in place nor have they revealed any information that would explain how it would it hold them in place there. Probably magnets or something.
- Technicolor Ninja: He's a red ninja with a long flowing yellow scarf.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: One of his concept sketches shows him jumping high into the air and throwing one of his swords at a distance to the ground, presumably going to be one of his attack moves in his boss fight.
- You Are Number Seven: The seventh of the Mighty model line.
Mighty No. 8 - Countershade
Voiced by: Jason Spisak
Inventor of the Mighty line of robots.
A specialist of humanoid robotics and inventor of Call.
Voiced by: Bob Joles
Inventor of the "xel" technology that revolutionized the world of robotics.
- Big Bad
- Expy: Of Dr. Wily.
- The Virus: In an act of cyber terror, he has unleashed a computer virus that's infecting robots all over the world, driving them rampant and into servitude under him.
Potential DLC Character
- Ambiguously Brown
- Arm Cannon: Ray's right arm is, aside from the finger claws, one in fashion near identical to Beck's own.
- Beware My Stinger Tail: One concept art shows Ray with a stinger tail...with Beck impaled through it!
- Body Horror: Robots in this world are made of microscopic robots called "Xel" which are shaped into a fixed form by a "Xel core". Ray's "Xel Core" is missing, resulting in a body that's constantly falling apart at a microscopic level. When Ray's running especially low on Xel, a gaping hole is visible where the core should be in Ray's chest.
- Combat Stilettos: Ray's boots have high-heel attachments to them. It's the only noticeable hint that Ray's actually a girl.
- Expy: The lovechild of Bass.exe and Omega Zero... And then said offspring then had a kid with Getter Robo. note
- Evil Counterpart: To Beck, in concept. A red and black to his white and blue, both sharing the same powers. However, whereas Beck uses his primarily to do good in the world, Ray devours other robots in order to serve her own continued lifespan.
- Facial Horror: The face is breaking down, but the eye is still there. And that exposed circuitry on the forehead is basically brain when you think about it...
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Averted for the "fashionable" part. Ray's asymmetry comes from her body breaking down on a microscopic level. The most noticeable aspect? The freaking right eye is reduced to its bare light.
- Foreshadowing: The other Mighty Numbers in Ray's DLC trailer have holes on them like they have been partially absorbed already. No. 8 has a chunk missing on his hat (which is his head), No. 2 is missing part of her face, and No. 3 has chunks of torso gone, to name a few. And take a close look when the 0s comes up. Look at the bottom row. This might be hinting that there's more to Ray...
- Hartman Hips: They're not too noticeable in the artwork, but Ray's hips are quite curvy.
- Horror Hunger: Needs to absorb other robots to stay alive.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: No one blames you for thinking she was male at first. Even the official Twitter points this out, proving her gender by using female pronouns when talking about her. Her breasts are more obvious in some of the concept art.
- Meaningful Name: 'Rei' (in Japan) means zero. Ray is confirmed that she is not No. 0, but there is a 0 on her left earpiece, hinting that there is a clue to something else.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: She has shark-like teeth, much like No. 3.
- Undead Zombie Vampiric Robot: Even one concept art shows Ray with a Mummy-ish look.
- The Rival: To Beck. Nice going Comcept, making a undead cannibal robot a rival to a robot with a timid demeanor.
- Robot Girl/Fembot: Ray's midway between these two. She looks more humanoid than No. 3, but has more robotic features than Call, being closer to Beck in appearance.
- Slasher Smile
- Wolverine Claws
- You Are Number Zero: Inverted...maybe. All they revealed is that Ray is not part of the Mighty Numbers and she is confirmed to be entirely different from No. 0, but her Meaningful Name and the 0 on her left earpiece hint that the number zero is of importance to her.