Characters: Mighty No. 9
open/close all folders
Mighty No. 9 - Beck
- Arm Cannon: Being an expy of Mega Man, this signature weapon is a must-have.
- The Assimilator: Beck's primary power is to absorb Xelsnote from other robots and using those acquired Xels to transform his body thus gaining their powers, abilities, skills, traits and characteristics and use those to his own advantage.
- One method for him of accomplishing this is by "absorb dashing"note towards a weakened or stunned robot.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Some of the concept art show him with wrist mounted blades along with a pointy armor to go along with it.
- Cool Helmet: He'll acquire different looking helmets (along with the rest of himself) as he gets more transformations.
- Cool Mask / One-Way Visor: His visor is called a "C. Visor" based on one of his official artworks. We see him using it in some of his concept arts so it might probably have some function and not just to only look cool. Plus it also changes with him so we'll get to see him wearing an assortment of cool masks and visors as he acquires more transformations.
- Cowardly Lion: Not particularly averse to fighting, but is easily startled and has a low self-esteem. That said, he has the most potential to grow more powerful out of any of the Might Numbers.
- Do-Anything Robot: Given that he can potentially reconfigure into practically anything, it's most likely that he can become this.
- Expy: Of Mega Man.
- The Hero: Note the Character Title.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Beck's emotional state tends to directly affect his abilities. As such, his nervousness on the battlefield slows up his siblings. When he's worked up some confidence, however...
- Lightning Bruiser: How Beck fights as default. He doesn't hit particularly hard, but he strikes fast, and when he's shot a foe enough to destabilize them, he can absorb-slash-annihilate them in one "Acxelerate" dash, which he can chain together in midair and multiple directions to cross ground at high speeds. He can even put down his superpowerful specialized siblings with just a few doses of this method.
- Non-Action Guy: Unlike his predecessors, he is not an effective fighter in Battle Colosseum battles, due to his human emotions being wired to his abilities, thus tending to go haywire. By the time the other robots went berserk, he needed the encouragement of Dr. White to boost his self confidence and resolve to save the day.
- It's also worth noting that, unlike Mega Man or Mega Man X, it's not that Beck is necessarily a pacifist nor against violence. Rather, he's been described as being timid, moreso easily frightened than anything else.
- Power Copying: Even more extensive than the original's Mega Manning powers, his entire body changes and copies the enemy robot's features, traits and powers though he doesn't look like a clone and more like a modified version of his original design.
- Power-Up: By absorbing robots of particular xel typings, Beck can gain a boost to his abilities, most commonly either making him faster or increasing the potency of his shots to the point they can pierce multiple enemies.
- Punny Name: In conjunction to Call. Making "Beck and Call" similar to Mega Man's "Rock and Roll".
- Retractable Weapon: Aside from reconfiguring his entire body, he can also reconfigure his arms and hands into various weapons and tools.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: Said to possess the unique trait of being more human than any robot created before. Unfortunately, this leads to his intrusive emotions and lack of courage impairing his effectiveness as a hero.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Mighty No. 7
- Telescoping Robot: He seems to be able to conjure and/or store additional parts, attachments, add-ons, components and even an entirely different body when he transforms. How he is able to store all those things when he returns to his default form hasn't been revealed yet and is still a mystery.
- Transforming Mecha: He is capable of reconfiguring his body to form anything from a bulldozer/loader/tank form to a gigantic rocket propelled hammer.
- You Are Number Nine: His numerical designation, though he has a proper name as well.
Voiced by: Julie Nathanson (EN), Mao Ichimichi (JP)The creation of Dr. Sanda, a close friend of the Mighty No. creator Dr. White, Call is like Beck in that she is herself a remarkably human robot...in everything but emotional display, that is. Monotone and straightforward, she's far less inept than the youngest Mighty No. That said, when she becomes spotter to Beck as he fights to save the world from a mysterious virus outbreak, she may find herself picking up on some of his own emotional quirks.
- Action Girl: Call will be playable in her own level complete with boss fight, as well as, being available in the game's co-op mode.
- Animal Motif: The ends of her hair is colored in a lighter shade making it look like a fox's tail.
- Anime Hair: Somewhat justified, what with being a robot and all.
- Biker Babe: She is often depicted to ride the motorcycle form of Rush's expy.
- Deuteragonist: To the point of being playable in the game's co-op modes.
- Expy: Of Roll.
- Hair Decorations: Her mechanical bow ribbon accessory. Doubles as an Expressive Accessory.
- The Immune: According to a Kickstarter post, she is immune to The Virus that made the other robots go berserk.
- Pink Means Feminine: Aside from the other dominant color red, her clothing is mostly pink.
- Punny Name: In conjunction to Beck. Making "Beck and Call" similar to Mega Man's "Rock and Roll".
- Rapunzel Hair: Will most likely drag around the floor if she lets her hair down.
- Red-Headed Heroine: Lightly ginger to the point of being almost blond with hair at the ends of her ponytail.
- Robot Dog: She has a motorcycle robot dog.
- Robot Girl: She is more robotic than the Ridiculously Human Robot Beck which the developers plan to take advantage of for some interesting interactions between the two.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Rank C, her "footwear" ending at the knee joint.
Other Mighty Numbers
Mighty No. 1 - Pyrogen
- The Big Guy: Looks like he is at first until his bodily fire extinguishes revealing a skinny lighter themed body◊.
- Combo Platter Powers: His two main abilities are Fire and Explosions.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: His legs are two different designs, with one of them having a fire pattern on it and the other having something more like the things on Beck's torso.
- Flaming Hair: Specifically a flaming ponytail.
- Having a Blast: Along with fire, he excels at explosions.
- Heel-Face Turn: In the beta demo with Mighty No. 2's stage, he is seen helping Beck out by defrosting the facility.
- In-Series Nickname: Pyro
- Motif: Says to made to resemble a boxer or a wrestler. He even was planned to be able to deploy a wrestling ring (the corner posts and ropes at least) on his back and use the ropes as momentum for a charging attack.
- His redesign on the other hand is of a lighter. Specifically the part where the flames are ignited.
- Playing with Fire: His combat focus.
- The Berserker: At least while under influence of The Virus, Pyro's voice shows him raging uncontrollably and laughing like a madman.
- Wreathed in Flames: His torso, arms, and upper legs can form a Heroic Build of fire. The emitters for such, his physical limbs, are comparatively skinny.
- You Are Number One: The first of the Mighty model line.
Mighty No. 2 - Cryosphere
Voiced by: Paige King (EN), Misaki Kuno (JP)
- An Ice Person: She can freeze opponents.
- Blood Knight: No. 2 enjoys her battling just a teensy bit too much.
- Combo Platter Powers: Her two main abilities are Water and Ice.
- Cool Helmet: It's got a big red water valve on it, so, at the very least, it's pretty unique.
- Enfant Terrible: Designed to be baby-like as the cute Mascot of the Mighty Numbers, in and out of universe. Still as deadly as the rest of them.
- Heel-Face Turn: In the beta demo with Mighty No. 5's stage, she is seen helping Beck out from the background.
- In-Series Nickname: Cryo.
- Kill It with Ice: Her entire gimmick. Almost all of her attacks involve freezing Beck. If Beck gets frozen solid and can't break free fast enough, Cryo will freeze a spiked orb of ice around her self and smash Beck flat, which hurts like hell.
- Making a Splash: She's water-themed, even carrying around a big globe full of water on her back.
- Pungeon Master: Everything she says has to have ice-related puns in it, no matter how lame or unfitting for the circumstances.
- Rubber Hose Limbs: Literally.
- Samus Is a Girl: Due to a lack of Tertiary Sexual Characteristics, fans didn't know her true gender until the developers clarified.
- Two Girls to a Team: One of the two female Mighty models.
- Wall Crawl: Is depicted in the concept arts to be able to use the suction power of her hose to stick on walls and ceilings.
- You Are Number Two: The second of the Mighty model line.
Mighty No. 3 - Dynatron
Voiced by: Jan Johns (EN), Miyuki Sawashiro (JP)
- Ambiguously Brown: Her human-like face has a brown tone.
- Badass Cape: Badass Poncho more like.
- Combo Platter Powers: Her two main abilities are Thunder and Lightning.
- Cute and Psycho: When you find her, she's merrily dancing about, and then on the spur of the moment decides to kill her little brother for his energy.
- Dark Action Girl: It'd be kind of hard for her to be a boss character if she wasn't this.
- Fangs Are Evil: See More Teeth than the Osmond Family.
- Fembot: As opposed to Call, she is much more robotic in appearance.
- Horned Humanoid: Has two large prongs sticking out of her head that result in this.
- In-Series Nickname: Dyna
- Motif: A table lamp. Even her body is a light bulb◊.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: She has a mouth full of beartrap/shark-like teeth◊.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: While she is fairly humanoid in design, her torso is dominated by a semi-transparent bulb with breasts styled into it.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Has red pupils that make her Slasher Smile all the creepier.
- Sci-Fi Bob Haircut: Her hairstyle is styled this way.
- Shock and Awe: Her main power, however this somewhat delves her into...
- Slasher Smile: With More Teeth than the Osmond Family, all of them sharp triangles.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: When you've done enough damage to her, she takes a moment to show her displeasure by flying off the stage and right in front of the screen to glare at you.
- Two Girls to a Team: One of the two female Mighty models.
- Wolverine Claws: Each of her fingers are sharp blades◊ which she will use to slash Beck if her Shock and Awe tactics doesn't work.
- You Are Number Three: The third of the Mighty model line.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: Her Sci-Fi Bob Haircut is purple.
Mighty No. 4 - Seismic
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: Invoked by the dark strip surrounding his eyes.
- Combo Platter Powers: His two main abilities are Earth and Power.
- Dishing Out Dirt: To go with his construction theme.
- Expy: Of Guts Man for having the same construction motif, big bulky body type, and the characteristic large underbite.
- In-Series Nickname: Mic
- Motif: A construction vehicle.
- Super Strength: Power is stated to be one of his two core abilities.
- This Is a Drill: He can transform his body parts into drills.
- You Are Number Four: The fourth of the Mighty model line.
Mighty No. 5 - Battalion
Voiced by: Brian T. Delaney (EN), Naomi Kusumi (JP)
- The Big Guy: With the gun barrel, he's the largest of the Mighty Numbers at 305 cm.
- Blood Knight: He expresses that he and other military based robots like him should fight as they were designed to. And if there isn't a fight, he would start one.
- Colonel Kilgore / General Ripper: Falls firmly into this trope while under the influence of The Virus, complete with the "Grizzled Southern Sargent" tone of voice, to boot.
- BFG: Effectively is one, the head being a large revolver and a triple rocket launcher and gatling gun on opposite sides.
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: Invoked by the dark strip surrounding his eyes.
- Combo Platter Powers: His two main abilities are Gatling and Heavy Weapons.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Even ignoring the different armaments on each arm, his right leg has significantly more red than his left.
- Gatling Good: His left arm has a big gatling gun.
- In-Series Nickname: Bat
- Motif: A gun. Particularly a revolver.
- One-Hit Kill: His Desperation Attack has him charge up a huge bullet/missile and fire it. Get hit by that and you're instantly toast.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: Not only does his head/upper body resembles one, but it serves as the barrel for his One-Hit Kill Desperation Attack.
- The Strategist: To quote from his bio in the Mighty No. 9 GDC Video:He is also quite resourceful, and acts as the control tower for the Mighty Numbers.
- Throw Down the Bomblet: The right arm has a triple rocket launcher attached to it.
- Transforming Mecha: He can effectively transform into a turret ala Transformers G1 Galvatron.
- You Are Number Five: The fifth of the Mighty model line.
Mighty No. 6 - Aviator
Voiced by: Mick Wingert (EN), Showtaro Morikubo (JP)
- Blow You Away: He's capable of controlling wind.
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: Invoked by the dark strip surrounding his eyes.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Put the mind of Deadpool into a helicopter-looking robot, and this is more or less the end result.
- Combo Platter Powers: His two main abilities are Flight and Wind.
- Cool Plane: Has this motif with a helicopter emphasis.
- Expy: Of GyroMan.EXE from Mega Man Battle Network 5, thanks to his slender frame and helicopter-based design.
- Flight: Comes with the plane/helicopter motif.
- Helicopter Pack: With his design which has his helicopter parts positioned mainly at his back.
- In-Series Nickname: Avi
- Motif: A cross between a bomber plane and a helicopter.
- Throw Down the Bomblet: Has plane bombs within his lower legs.
- You Are Number Six: The sixth of the Mighty model line.
Mighty No. 7 - Brandish
Voiced by: John Paul Karliak (EN), Kouki Uchiyama (JP)
- Big Brother Instinct: In his stage, he attacks ahead of Beck to make Beck stop pursuing him. It doesn't work so when Beck reaches him....Brandish falls to the virus.
- BFS: Each of his half-scissor swords are pretty sizable.
- To wit, his blades make up over half his weight at ninety-nine kilograms. That means that each sword weights roughly one hundred and nine pounds, and he still swings these things faster than the eye can follow.
- Combo Platter Powers: His two main abilities are Sword skills and Speed.
- Cool Helmet: It has a scissor/blade-like "horns" to go on with the scissor motif. It also features a headphone looking ear guards like Beck's. Underneath those is a black helmet.
- Cool Mask: It consists of 3 components including the huge underbite armor plate.
- The goggle looking things are actually part of a retractable visor that goes down and cover his exposed eyes and upper face. Probably when in combat.
- Underneath the huge underbite armor is a purple segmented faceplate where the nose and mouth should be, reminiscent to a typical Kamen Rider helmet minus the bug eyes.
- Dual Wielding: Wields two swords with a Shear Menace motif.
- Expy: Of Proto Man with a dash of Cut Man.
- The Faceless: In the concept sketches, there is a drawing of him with a more humanoid head, possibly hinting that what we are seeing is merely a helmet and not his actual face.
- Head Swap: If you examine his character design closely, you'll see that he has the same body as Beck but with a red paint job, subtle changes here and there and additional accessories.
- Heel-Face Turn: In the beta demo with Mighty No. 3's stage, he is seen helping Beck out.
- Highly Visible Ninja: He "wears" a helmet with a a pair of blade-like horns jutting out of it with a large beak-like collar guard. Not to mention that he lugs around those pair of half scissor styled blades that's almost as tall as him.
- In-Series Nickname: Brand.
- Motif: He is themed after a scissor like Cut Man.
- Ninja: In addition to his scissor motif.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Yellow flavored.
- The Seventh Of These is Not Like the Others: While the other eight Mighty Numbers have weapons that are part of their bodies, No. 7 carries his weapons like a human.
- Shear Menace: Though he doesn't use actual scissors, his swords are distinctly scissor-themed, and artwork depicts him crossing them a few times to resemble scissors.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: He is designed by Comcept to be Beck's "brother" character and it shows. Beck is blue. 7 is red. Beck's main weapon is a ranged weapon. 7's main weapon are melee weapons. Beck looks enthusiastic and determined. 7's grim and serious.
- Sticks to the Back: According to Comcept, when not in use, he puts his swords on his back, placing them to make it look "almost like butterfly wings". So far we haven't seen anything behind his back in the concept sketches that reveals what could hold said weapons in place nor have they revealed any information that would explain how it would it hold them in place there. Probably magnets or something.
- Technicolor Ninja: He's a red ninja with a long flowing yellow scarf.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: One of his concept sketches shows him jumping high into the air and throwing one of his swords at a distance to the ground, presumably going to be one of his attack moves in his boss fight.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer: When you're a combat robot armed only with two swords when the entirety of the rest of your family has a fairly diverse array of powers, the obvious solution is to get really, really good with swords.
- You Are Number Seven: The seventh of the Mighty model line.
Mighty No. 8 - Countershade
- The Ace: To quote from a Development Update.Rumor has it he’s the strongest member of the Mighty Numbers!
- Badass Baritone: He's voiced by Steve Blum. We couldn't expect any less.
- Badass Beard: A pointed metallic one at that.
- Badass Cape: Wears a cape which given his cowboy motif, almost resembles a poncho being worn a certain way.
- Combo Platter Powers: Like the rest of the Mighty Numbers, he was given two main abilities. However, these abilities are actually Radar and Optical Camouflage. His sniping ability for which he is known for is actually a third ability born from pushing his inborn abilities to their limits. He's thus a little different from the rest.
- Cool Shades: As if his his eyes aren't obscured enough, he's also wearing shades under his hatnote or probably those are his eyes seeing as he is a robot and all.
- Cold Sniper: The quiet, camouflaged-from-the-shadows type with a sniper rifle arm.
- Cyber Cyclops: His only visible or true eye is located on top of the front edge of his radar/sombrero hat.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: Literally his stage. Countershade joins in the fun.
- Eye-Obscuring Hat: Assuming that there are even eyes under there.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Besides the missing arm, his left leg and sniper arm are red while the rest of him is primarily blue.
- Handicapped Badass: His right arm has been blown off, but he's opted to not have it repaired.
- In-Series Nickname: Shade
- Laser Sight: Uses this to pinpoint his targets.
- Motif: A Mexican/cowboy gunslinger.
- Nice Hat: Looks like a radar dish that's made to look like a sombrero.
- Oral Fixation: Keeps a throwing dart in his mouth.
- Pinball Projectile: He's capable of making his projectiles ricochet various objects to hit his targets.
- Red Eye Take Warning: The robotic red eye on his radar/sombrero hat.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: One of his attacks make him ricohet his bullets out of the players' screen.
- You Are Number Eight: The eighth of the Mighty model line.
Dr. Will White
Voiced by: Jason Spisak (EN), Junichi Suwabe (JP)Inventor of the Mighty line of robots.
- Absent-Minded Professor: The press release for the animated series describes him as "young but socially inept".
- Expy: Of Dr. Light as the Mighty Numbers Creator.
Voiced by: Dave Wittenberg (EN), Akio Suyama (JP)A specialist of humanoid robotics and inventor of Call.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Described in the cartoon's synopsis as "the lazy but wise team leader".
- Large and In Charge: He's the head of SANDA Technology.
- Expy: Of Dr. Light physically and as help in Mission Control.
Voiced by: Bob Joles (EN), Motomu Kiyokawa (JP)Inventor of the "xel" technology that revolutionized the world of robotics.
- Big Bad: Possibly. We know next to nothing about this character as of yet. However, when The Virus is released on the world, Dr. Blackwell is notably nowhere to be found...
- An early pitch for the cartoon adaptation states Blackwell to be the villain, though after nearly two years and being said before the game's development actually went into full swing, whether or not it is credible remains to be seen.
Voiced by: Scott Whyte (EN), Takehito Koyasu (JP)The acting CEO of CherryDynamics, the world's leading robotics manufacturing corporation — as well as the heaviest hit and by extension held publicly responsible by the virus.
- Alliterative Name: Sounds like something one might name a Marvel protagonist, really.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Perhaps not overtly, but he is startlingly quick to pass the buck.
- Scapegoat Creator: When the virus causes robots to go berserk and turn on humanity, naturally the ones responsible for the vast majority of the world's current active robots is going to come under fire. The solution? Immediately try and turn mob mentality on the conspicuously absent Dr. Blackwell, of course.
A robot that has been designated as Beck's rival. Nobody knows who she is nor where she comes from, but she bears the same abilities as Beck. However, she lacks a central core in her torso, causing her body to perpetually decay, forcing her to consume other robots to survive...Originally her DLC drive failed, but the Deep Silver partnership not only made it a reality, but also made her a playable character.
- Abandoned Laboratory: Her stage. It consists of robot corpses strewn around, so if you think about those robots...
- Ambiguously Brown
- Arm Cannon: Ray's right arm is, aside from the finger claws, one in fashion near identical to Beck's own.
- Belly Mouth: Appears to have one on her right side. No telling whether or not it's...functional or just aesthetic at the moment.
- Beware My Stinger Tail: One concept art shows Ray with a stinger tail...with Beck impaled through it!
- Body Horror: Robots in this world are made of microscopic robots called "Xel" which are shaped into a fixed form by a "Xel core". Ray's "Xel Core" is missing, resulting in a body that's constantly falling apart at a microscopic level. When Ray's running especially low on Xel, a gaping hole is visible where the core should be in Ray's chest.
- Combat Stilettos: Ray's boots have high-heel attachments to them. It's the only noticeable hint that Ray's actually a girl.
- Dark Action Girl: As a rival to the protagonist, boss, and a fully playable character, she may well be the most prominent example yet.
- Expy: The lovechild of Bass.exe and Zero/Zero.exe... And then said offspring then had a kid with Getter Robo. note
- Evil Counterpart: To Beck, in concept. A red and black to his white and blue, both sharing the same powers. However, whereas Beck uses his primarily to do good in the world, Ray devours other robots in order to serve her own continued lifespan.
- Facial Horror: The face is breaking down, but the eye is still there. And that exposed circuitry on the forehead is basically brain when you think about it...
- Fangs Are Evil: Two fangs poke out when Ray's mouth is closed.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Averted for the "fashionable" part. Ray's asymmetry comes from her body breaking down on a microscopic level. The most noticeable aspect? The freaking right eye is reduced to its bare light.
- Foreshadowing: The other Mighty Numbers in Ray's DLC trailer have holes on them like they have been partially absorbed already. No. 8 has a chunk missing on his hat (which is his head), No. 2 is missing part of her face, and No. 3 has chunks of torso gone, to name a few. And take a close look when the 0s comes up. Look at the bottom row. This might be hinting that there's more to Ray...
- Hartman Hips: They're not too noticeable in the artwork, but Ray's hips are quite curvy.
- Horror Hunger / Our Vampires Are Different: Needs to absorb other robots to stay alive.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: No one blames you for thinking she was male at first. Even the official Twitter points this out, proving her gender by using female pronouns when talking about her. Her breasts are more obvious in some of the concept art.
- Meaningful Name: 'Rei' (in Japan) means zero. Ray is confirmed that she is not No. 0, but there is a Ø on her left earpiece, hinting that there is a clue to something else.
- The 'Ø' on her earpiece also means empty set or null, which is nothing (or a zero).
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: She has shark-like teeth, much like No. 3.
- Nothing Is Scarier: We know next to nothing about Ray's backstory, where she comes from, who she is, her powers, nor her motives.
- Undead Zombie Vampiric Robot
- Promoted to Playable: Thanks to Deep Silver, Ray will be a playable character alongside Beck and Call in the main story by defeating her in her DLC.
- The Rival: To Beck. Nice going Comcept, making a undead cannibal robot a rival to a robot with a timid demeanor.
- Robot Girl/Fembot: Ray's midway between these two. She looks more humanoid than No. 3, but has more robotic features than Call, being closer to Beck in appearance.
- Slasher Smile
- Wolverine Claws
- You Are Number Zero: Inverted...maybe. All they revealed is that Ray is not part of the Mighty Numbers and she is confirmed to be entirely different from No. 0, but her Meaningful Name and the Ø on her left earpiece hint that the number zero is of importance to her.