The series centers on Mirai Momoyama and Emo Moegi, two childhood friends who aspire to be idols. In order to do this, they use the Pri☆Chan System, a system used by celebrities and companies to upload and broadcast content that is popular among young girls, to produce their own Internet channels.
- Catchphrase: Mirai's is "Kiratto!" ("sparkling"), Emo often uses "Emoi" (very roughly translating to "good vibes").
- Colorful Theme Naming: The main characters' family names have the kanji for their hair color, with Momoyama (Pink) and Akagi (Red) being two examples.
- Gratuitous English: Mel uses this a lot.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Every episode's title ends with みた ("mita") in Japanese, which can be translated into English as, "We Tried (blank)"
- Instant Web Hit: Plays a major role in the plot of the show. If any video on PriChan becomes this, a sparkling message that says "READY FOR LIVE" will appear on screen, enabling the person who produced the day's top video to perform.
- Lucky Charms Title: The title has a star in it so.....
- "On the Next Episode of..." Catchphrase: Join hands and expand our follower world!! Our fabulous show's live on the air!!
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Emo and Anna both sexy moms and their dads are more goofy and cartoonish looking than ugly.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Mirai's is pink, Rinka has indigo, Sara has emerald, and Mel has purple.