Waccha PriMagi! is a 2021 arcade game with a tie-in anime created by Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. and Tatsunoko Production, and the fourth entry in the Pretty Series, which also includes Pretty Rhythm, PriPara and Kiratto Pri☆Chan.
The show starts when the treasured named Myamu scouts Matsuri Hibino, an earthly middle school student, as her PriMagi partner. Matsuri herself wants to be a PriMagi star like her idol Jennifer, but she lacks the courage to find it. She decides to try it nonetheless, and so her road as a PriMagi star begins.
- Adaptational Job Change: Meganee. Unlike her previous two depictions, she has no relation to Prism Stone (which is instead run by Matsurida), instead she assists Auru in analyzing PriMagi shows.
- Adaptational Species Change: This show's Meganee is a robot.
- All the Other Reindeer: The other magic students ditched Myamu because of how bad she was at magic.
- Always Second Best: Hina views herself as this to Jennifer, whom she came in second to in the last Primagi Grand Festival.
- Ascended Fangirl: Matsuri was already a big fan of PriMagi before making her official debut.
- Breaking Old Trends: This is the first series where the openings are sung solely by one singer as opposed to the usual idol units. note
- Clip Show: Episodes 10, 22 and 39 are pretty much concert clip shows, showcasing previous concerts by the characters. The show's plot does progress somewhat in the scenes that aren't songs though.
- Cute Witch: The treasured can use magic, and collect Waccha during performances to do more.
- Distress Call: At the end of episode 19, Matsuri gets a message from Ruhme telling her to "save Jennifer".
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: As is the norm for the Pretty Series, the opening "Dreaming Sound" is sung by Anna Suzuki who voices Lemon and the ending "Magical Future" is sung by Chinatsu Hirose (Matsuri) and Riko Koike (Myamu).
- Drunk on Milk: Carron can get drunk on carrot juice.
- Forgotten First Meeting: Matsuri once met Myamu in cat form when she got lost in the woods one time when she was little.
- Giving Up the Ghost: Lemon's soul starts flying off when she gets too anxious.
- Humanity Is Infectious: Despite Meganee being a robot, she can feel what Auru feels by absorbing Waccha from nearby sources to function.
- I Meant to Do That: The Heart Feather coord was supposed to be the prize for the Star District's FreshFest, but after the contest, the fairy that was meant to give it didn't awaken, and instead, the Phoenix came by and gifted Hina the Flare Elements coord. The show's staff, who was surprised, acted as if this was planned all along.
- Latino Is Brown: Jennifer, a dark-skinned woman from Puerto Rico.
- Magical Accessory: Matsuri's hair accessory has Waccha in it, meaning it can do certain sorts of magic like flying brooms or receiving Distress Calls.
- Manipulative Bastard: Miruki. In episode 2, she tries to use her cute charms to get Matsuri to give her most recent ensemble card, and she would've succeded if Hina didn't show up.
- Muggles: Named "Earthly" in this show.
- Science Destroys Magic: This is the ideal plan of the Omega Corporation, make PriMagi obsolete of magicians.
- Toast of Tardiness: Miruki invokes this trope in episode 20 as part of her master plan to become the center spot in the exhibition concert.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Hina, a jock who's also a Gyaru.
- Totally Radical: Lemon and her gamer friends casually speak with internet slang.
- Wham Episode: Episode 40, "You are MY Sunshine", in which Jennifer, after learning the truth about Achihiko, becomes embedded by her grief and fuses with the Sun Element mid-concert, and then steals all of the Ensemble Fairies, putting PriMagi in danger.
- Wham Line: In episode 21, Jennifer does her first concert since last year's Grand Festival, and it looks just as dazzling as all her fans say her shows are, but Myamu identifies that there's something wrong with this one by looking at her partner's drone and realizing...Myamu: There's no magic-user in there!