Antimatter dimensions is an Idle Game created by Hevipelle, that was originally launched on May 3rd, 2016. Your goal is to produce as much antimatter as possible by purchasing dimensions. First dimensions directly produce antimatter, while higher dimensions produce the dimension before them. Every 10 of a dimension you manually purchase (not produced by the higher dimension) gives you a boost to them. You can also purchase tickseed bonuses to speed everything up.
Not all dimensions are unlocked at the start. To unlock another dimension, you have to a dimension shift, which boosts your dimensions, and unlocks another dimension, until there are 8. After there are 8 dimensions, dimension shifts are replaced by dimension boosts, which boost some or all of your dimensions.
Antimatter Dimensions provides examples of:
- Antimatter: The entire game revolves around this, as you have to get antimatter to obtain dimensions, which produce either antimatter or lower dimensions.
- Arc Number: 1.78e308 is referred in-game as "infinity" and shows up in a lot of places. The reason for this is that this is the largest number possible in Java without external large number libraries, and an early version of the game was limited to this number.
- 8, perhaps because it's an infinity turned on its side. Many things in the game go up to exactly 8: there are 8 dimensions, 8 infinity dimensions, 8 time dimensions, and 8 infinity challenges. Even referenced in one of the achievements: "The 9th dimension is a lie".
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: The theme options are Normal, Metro, Dark, Dark Metro, Inverted, and Inverted Metro.
- Cap: At first, when you get 1.7976931348623157e+308 antimatter, your amount becomes infinite, forcing you to reset and gain 1 or more infinity point(s). However, when your break infinity, your antimatter is not limited, and the number of infinity points you get when you reset is based on how much antimatter you have.
- Difficulty Spike
- When you first infinity you have to make a choice about what you do with your IP, which can be difficult without a guide
- After Eternity, you have to select a path, and have to change that path frequently.
- Export Save: This game copies the 6KB+ save file into the clipboard which can then be pasted into the game's import window.
- Hypocritical Humor: The news quote below shows this, an unfinished sentence about people not finishing their sentences:"Doesn't it annoy you when people don't finish their"
- Game Mod:
- There are many of these, which speed up or slow down progress, or add entirely new content. The most popular one is NG+++ which is linked here
- Mini-Game: The various challenges, where you have to play the game with certain restrictions.
- More than Three Dimensions: The game has eight dimensions. Eventually, Infinity Dimensions and Time Dimensions are unlocked
"What do you mean, more than two dimensions??? We're on a screen, clearly there are only 2 dimensions."
- Lampshaded in the news feed:
- Non-Indicative Difficulty: Challenge 8 is actually faster than the main game for the first few infinities.
- Only in Florida: Referenced in the news feed:"Florida man attempts to get Zero Deaths on first run, is stopped by heat death of the universe"