- Uchi no Musume ni Te o Dasu na!: A small angel and demon pop up whenever Mei is subconsciously considering transforming into Honey the Hugger. The demon tries to convince to do transform while the angel tries to convince her not to. Unfortunately, the demon usually quiets the angel (first time by raping her, and the second by bagging her in her own dress) and Mei ends up transforming. However, when she reverts back the angel gets her violent revenge on the demon (first time by shooting her in the head and the second by tying her up and dragging her body with an ATV).
- Excel Saga
- There's a Good Angel, Bad Angel scene in its first episode which culminates in "Good Excel" blowing away "Bad Excel" with a huge pistol ("The bullet of Justice caps Evil's ass!"). Good Excel later gets hauled off by teeny-tiny little Police Excel for murder, while Excel herself is confused and strangely philosophical.
- Played straight but still very oddly in the manga: Watanabe is debating whether or not to give Hyatt CPR, and is so torn over his intentions that a battle erupts in his mind between Hypocrite Watanabe (dressed like an angel but actually the one representing his perverse side) and Bancho Watanabe (who's dressed as Jotaro Kujo from Jojos Bizarre Adventure).
- Chiaki and Fujioka both have an angel and a devil appear behind them in the second episode of Minami-ke Okaeri.
- Near the end of the Elfen Lied manga, it's revealed that "Lucy" (real name "Kaede") isn't the Hyde to Nyuu's Jekyll, but a semi-neutral personality that had been listening to her completely insane THIRD personality that only cared about exterminating humanity.
- Played with in Dramacon, where the angel gets melodramatic and cheery over things she shouldn't and the devil mocks her for it. Interestingly, the devil is pretty pragmatic. Both the angel and the devil also get bummed when things don't go well for Chriss, specifically with her love interest.
- In Hidamari Sketch Miyako imagines her good angel being held back by her bad angel when she wants to do something good but finds her body unable to move.
- Michael Hanagata's shoulder devil actually pops out of his afro in one episode of Wandaba Style. The angel didn't appear, but it's safe to assume that it's up there, too.
- In Tramps Like Us, Sumire is divided between the Stripperiffic Black Violet and the conservatively dressed and shy Violet Blanche — Blanche always wins.
- Eri from School Rumble (manga-only) has some when she invites Harima to her house.
- In Seikon No Qwaser, pictured above, Hana has an appearance by her shoulder angel and her shoulder devil. The devil is Fanservice incarnate, but so is the angel too. The two of them get into a Big Ball of Violence around her head.
- Akihisa, of Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts, has both a shoulder angel and a shoulder devil. The devil makes more appearances. Both of them are prone to snarky commentary.
- Moriaki-sensei in Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru is so square that in his angel-devil delusions he pictures them as hand-puppets he handles.
- The title devil and angel occasionally take on this role in Risky Safety, usually acting as their current charge's voice of reason and/or font of chaos. Conveniently, they only need one shoulder to do this.
- In one chapter of Hatenkou Yuugi, Rahzel's shoulder devil and angel showed up, followed by a Playboy Bunny version, a schoolgirl version, a maid, a scientist, a nurse, and so on. And then they all started drinking.Rahzel: Tons of little Rahzels are having a wild party in my brain.
- The female protagonist of Hana Yori Dango had a good angel telling her not to marry a rich Jerkass and a bad angel telling her otherwise.
- There's a scene in NEEDLESS where Blade tries to hit on a currently-crossdressing Cruz, only for Cruz to remind him he's a boy. Blade's angel and devil appear, and both tell him that gender doesn't matter, as long as he's cute.
- In one of episodes of the DVD series Growing Up With Hello Kitty, Hello Kitty has trouble with patience and has to deal with this several times. Each time the devil wins, he does a Happy Dance. Eventually, the angel wins, but the devil is a sore loser. He shows up several more times, each time looking more battered and beaten and at the end vows to find a new impatient kid to pester.
- Yandere Kanojo: Reina met them in the chapter where she tried to find out the reason Manabu wears glasses without need.
- Cooking Papa: Araiwa's look and dress the same way (business suit) and only by their advices we can tell who's the good one and who's the bad one.
- The gag manga Cut Away has a girl find a wallet. Immediately her inner angel and demon start arguing over what to do... soon joined by her inner Buddha and inner Shiva. Eventually all manner of inner mythological being joins in the debate ("And they all have my face!"), only to be silenced by her inner high-school principal.Friend: So what happened?
Girl: They all went to their class reunion.
- Early in Hayate the Combat Butler, Hayate's devil tells him to give up and just lie down and die, while his angel tells him not to give up hope...and suggests that he kidnap Nagi and hold her for ransom, which freaks out the devil.
- Hinagiku gets her own versions late in the manga as well while she is sick in bed. Her angel self thinks she should just go to sleep to get better quickly, while her devil self thinks she should let Hayate (who's taking care of her) spoil her a bit. Hina covers devil!Hina in an empty cup and rolls over in her futon. Angel!Hina is proud of her...and then Hina calls to Hayate to ask for a peeled apple cut like rabbits. Her angel is upset but Hina argues that she is going to sleep, after letting Hayate spoil her for a bit.
- Elyse in My Balls doesn't have a good/bad angel, but rather a tsun-tsun angel and a dere-dere angel. Yeah, that's right.
- Dark Magical Girl Utau in Shugo Chara! has two Charas, Iru the Devil and Eru the Angel.
- They're not on her shoulders (one appears in front of her to stop her and the other is sitting on her head), but this happens to Kyoko in Black Cat. They both have her face, and the angel's dress has "kind" on the front where the devil's dress has "wicked." When Kyoko makes the right decision, the angel is seen punting the devil.
- In Episode 7 of Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, a tiny pink manifestation of Bell's lecherous grandfather Zeus who inspired Bell to make up a harem by Dungeon Crawling, battles a tiny blue version of Hestia to determine Bell's behavior toward a sleeping Aiz.
- Bakugan has Preyas Angelo/Diablo, a Bakugan with split personas modelled after the Angel and the devil.
- In episode 9 of Nerima Daikon Brothers, when Ichiro takes advantage of Yukika's love for the panda to convince her to join them temporarily (or at least not arrest them), her shoulder angel and devil appear. The angel urges her to think rationally, but the devil eggs her on to give in to her passion. They come to blows, fighting with a spear and axe respectively, and Yukika emerges from behind a curtain, claiming to feel much better.
- In chapter four of Suki × Suki, Touka has a moment of an angel and devil advising her when she believes another girl is going to give Ryoutarou cookies and confess her feelings to him. The devil advises snatching the cookies out of the girl's hands while she's invisible. The angel suggests Touka play fair and give Ryoutarou the cookies she made. Touka's prepared to invoke I Want My Beloved to Be Happy when the girl asks Ryoutarou to give them to a friend on her behalf.
- Episode 8 of Little Witch Academia features Akko diving into Sucy's head, where she meets personifications of Sucy's personality traits, including her consciences, which manifests as this trope. Sucy being Sucy, neither one of them is exactly pleasant.
- High School DXD has one incident where one of Issei's two usual bedmates is absent, so Akeno takes her place and, assuming it's what they do every night, promptly starts trying to climb Issei with the ever-innocent Asia right there with them. Issei gets a shoulder devil telling him to get Asia out of the room so he can have sex with Akeno... and a second devil on his other shoulder telling him to take them both. Issei himself is confused for a moment before remembering he is a Devil as well and wondering what else he should have expected.
- Himespetchi of the Tamagotchi anime has a shoulder angel and devil that pop up whenever she has a difficult decision to make. Of note, her "Good Angel" is a cupid.
- In chapter 31 of the CITY manga, as Niikura ponders whether to pick up a 500-yen coin she found on the sidewalk, she's visited by one devil ... then another ... and another — four devils in all plus a cuttlefish (who is also a devil), all of whom advise her to pick up the coin. The angel doesn't arrive until after someone else has picked it up.
- In episode 1 of "CB Chara Nagai Go World" Akira is faced with the decision of who will be his bride Miki or Sirene the demon bird woman, his angel side is Akira in an angel outfit urging him to choose Miki, while his devil side is Devilman who urges him to choose Sirene.
Good Angel Bad Angel / Anime & Manga