Conchobar "Conor" Coolidge
Despite the superhero name, Conor Coolidge is no edgy '90s Anti-Hero or bloodthirsty supervillain in the making. For the most part, he's just an ordinary kid from Seattle with eclectic pop culture tastes, a low tolerance for liars and authoritarians, and an endless thirst for knowledge. What makes him extraordinary is a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. On his way home from a party, he decided to take a shortcut down a weird sidestreet, where a group of witchcraft wannabes were playing with Wild Magic in an attempt to turn themselves into gods. Conor happened to walk by the house they were in just as the explosion set off, and he ended up taking some magic straight to the jaw, but where the spellcasters got severely injured and the house got blown to smithereens, Conor walked away with a sudden power over electricity. As soon as he stopped freaking out and attemping to run away from himself long enough to figure out what was going on, he applied to Adyta so he could hammer out his new superhero persona and, more importantly, become the superhero he always wanted to be.
Tropes pertaining to Conor Coolidge:
- Arc Words: "Rage" isn't just his superhero name, it's a word that keeps popping up in nearly all his favorite things.
- Barbarian Longhair
- Bare-Fisted Monk: He's trained in taekwondo from age 6 onward.
- Cool Car: Downplayed. He owns a Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, but it's almost 20 years old.
- Civvie Spandex: His superhero outfit is basically just his ordinary street clothes, just with facepaint, gloves, and sunglasses added in.
- Elemental Absorption: Is capable of absorbing electricity, which he also uses to further power his ability.
- Elemental Punch: The primary way he applies his power, since he can't fire lightning bolts.
- Full-Contact Magic
- Genre Motif: '90's alternative—more specifically, Grunge and industrial rock.
- Primary-Color Champion: Blue and red are his dominant clothing colors.
- Most Gamers Are Male: Fits the target demographic and brings a Sega Saturn with him, mainly so he can play Primal Rage.
- The '90s: Strongly influenced by this decade in terms of his fashion sense and pop cultural tastes.
- Shock and Awe: He's capable of channeling electricity throughout his body, even generating extra electricity with his heartbeats.
- Signature Move: Borrows the Superman punch for this purpose.
- The World Is Just Awesome: His worldview in a nutshell.
Mark BrowningAn Anglo-Native-American of Comache descent, for years his family have been upholding the law since the days of the old west, his two guns, both Colt revolvers, infused with magic from a shaman and have been passed down in his family. His life was rather mundane compared to other heroes. The only thing unusual was being trained in guns since he was seven. When he was given the family guns at fifteen, but before he could just go off and do some heroics, his parents (mostly his father) have decide to enroll him to Adyta, apparently after some sort of incident.
Tropes pertaining to Mark Browning
- An Ice Person: One of his bullet types can freeze things over in thick ice.
- Blow You Away: His air bullets can easily send things flying if they hit.
- Elemental Powers: Mark can use the four classical elements plus ice. Well, through the bullets of his two magic guns anyway.
- Green Thumb: Can grow plants and raise trees using his nature bullets.
- Nice Hat: In true Cowboy style, he wears a hat and a brown one, but what kind of hat isn't mentioned though.
- Playing with Fire: Of his many bullets, Mark can coat his targets in fire.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Much for the same reason as above, he wears a red scarf.
- Shock and Awe: His guns can fire bolts of lightning, electrocuting anything they hit.
- Quick Draw
- The Trick Shot
- Young Gun: A bit of a family tradition since the old west. He even looks the part.
Tropes pertaining to Riku Saito:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Badass Adorable
- Beware the Quiet Ones
- Constantly Curious
- Cute and Psycho
- Cute Bruiser
- Easily Impressed
- Entendre Failure
- Horrible Judge of Character
- Muscles Are Meaningless
- Our Homunculi Are Different: Even by the usual standards, as Riku is recycled from the remnants of other homunculi- Resulting in him being unstable enough he can develop new abilities, such as his ability to shapeshift.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse
- Really Was Born Yesterday
- Sensory Overload
- Stronger Than They Look
- Super Gullible
- Super Senses
- Winged Humanoid
- Younger Than They Look
Tropes pertaining to Angela Maqinia:
Sora GuntherAn eccentric, energetic and kind teen, the meta human was actually a god made by paranoid mages afraid the magic communities before the first Magic Inducing Pulse in 1940 would reveal themselves. So, they created the rumor that a Suppression God was back and Ventus is the result. She thinks she was a Suppression God that existed a long time ago with others. Though that was a lie, everyhing else wasn't. She attacked communities for a while until her curiosity got the better of her and she saw the care and sacrifice of families. Not wanting to hurt hem anymore but knowing he consequences would be grave, she hibernated and blocked anything that could be used to trace her. Sometime later, she was found by an archeology group. She ended up getting adopted by the heads of the group, the Gunther family, consisting of Mark, Mist and Gwendoline, disguising as a human and them creating papers for her. After spending time wih them, she told them about herself and some time after that, was put into a human body so she wouldn't be that much of a danger. Since she wanted to protect the world, she decided to have her body be teenaged so she could attend Adyta without much trouble.
Tropes pertaining to Sora Gunther:
- The Atoner: Part of the reason why she wanted to help so much was because she attacked many magic communities who were pretty much innocent and felt guilty about it.
- Blow You Away: She's able to control the wind, and paired with Shock and Awe, can make storms.
- Brought Down to Badass: She might not be a Supression God, but she was still basically a god. Now she's not as powerful but she still can kick butt.
- Constantly Curious: One of her motivations and what led her to do a HeelFace Turn a long time ago.
- Deity of Human Origin: A god, complete with extreme power and immortality, created by some paranoid mages before 1940 to keep hidden magic communities from revealing themselves as they thought she was a genuine Suppression God who came back.
- Disabled Deity: She was put in a human body, rendering much weaker than before and losing her immortality. But as mentioned above, this was the point.
- Facial Markings
- Fake Memories: As mentioned, she wasn't really a Suppression God, not that she knows this yet.
- Happily Adopted: She's adopted into the Gunther family and is very close to all of them.
- HeelFace Turn
- Make Me Wanna Shout
- Meaningful Name: Her true name, Ventus Lionheart.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Mostly because of her Cloudcuckoolander status and partially because of not being around people that much.
- Physical God: Though the definition is a bit different in this world, she pretty much was, minus the worship bit, with how destructive she was and being immortal.
- Queen of Beasts: Her original form looks like a big female lion.
- Really 700 Years Old: Though her exact age isn't specified, she's more than likely to be this, and at youngest seventy or eighty years old.
- Shapeshifting: Though it's now very limited, she can change between her new human body and her original form.
- Shock and Awe: She can cause lightning bolts and aim them whenever she forms a storm.
- Vague Age: Though her body is about 16, actual age isn't really established.
- Wind Is Green
Cole GarvinA young man who had ambitions on becoming a master computer technician, has now had his path in life irrevocably changed. During a shopping trip with his younger sister, Alena Garvin, an attack by villains, and the events that followed led to his awakening of his abilities and subsequent, accidental death of 3 innocent people. This led to him being offered the choice of jail, or Adyta under probation. He chose Adyta.
Is a Photo-Kinetic, someone that can manipulate light, however his body acts like a battery and he can only use what he absorbs. His full potential is currently unknown.
Tropes pertaining to Cole Garvin:
- Accidental Murder: The major reason why he is in Adyta.
- Differently Powered Individual: Due to the nature of Magycist's, of which he is.
- How Do I Shot Web?: With a dash of Power Incontinence.
- Light'emUp: A little bit of this and The Powerofthe Sun.
- Logical Weakness: A bit due to needing Light to charge his reserves.
- Must Make Amends: Still feels a lot of guilt over the event that lead him to Adyta in the first place. This is his main motivation.
- My God, What Have I Done?
- The Powerofthe Sun: As stated above.
- Unskilled, but Strong: His power is clearly powerful, but due to just awakening to it, he has no clue how to use it.
Tina ThompsonA shy, sweet girl who, on a recreational diving trip, found a magical black pearl that transformed her into a beautiful siren. Now, the pearl's magical powers have begun to take over her life— her beautiful voice and control of water have caused a good many problems in her civilian life. After stopping a thief, the Justice Forgers decided to suggest she receive official training at Adyta Academy.
Tropes pertaining to Tina Thompson:
- By the Power of Grayskull!: To turn into Sea Singer and unlock the full extent of her powers, she must say "I sing the song of the seven seas!" To transform back, she must say "The song is sung".
- Compelling Voice: Her beautiful voice can make unsuspecting people fall under her spell and listen to her. She has trouble controlling when this happens, however, and it doesn't always happen at the best of times.
- Magic Music: Her singing can control water, and even the minds of people she meets.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: In battle she can use her voice to create shockwaves of sound. Sometimes when she gets upset her voice begins to boom.
- Making a Splash: Using the sound of her voice, she can control water, and even boil or freeze it over.
- Meganekko: In her civilian form.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Sea Singer has legs, not fins, but she can swim just as fast and can still breathe underwater.
- Power Incontinence: She has trouble controlling her powers.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: She is very shy, yet her outfit as Sea Singer is quite revealing.
- Shrinking Violet: Is very sweet, but shy.
- Sirens Are Mermaids: One of her primary powers is her lovely singing voice.
LucifelOne of the original Justice Forgers and an extremely active heroine, she's very well known to even the most mundane. However, with an eternally twelve year old body, Lucifel is commonly treated like a child despite nearly being ninety chronologically. Still, devoted to protecting others and possessing immense magical power to do so, underestimating her is the biggest mistake one could make.
Tropes pertaining to Lucifel:
- Non-Elemental: Her primary application of offensive magic, attacking with raw magical energy.
- Not Growing Up Sucks: Though she has mostly come to terms with her eternal youth, she's hardly pleased when people treat her like a child.
- Red Baron: Is sometimes called "The Mistress of Magic", referencing her incredible skill with the mystic arts- Most prominently fire, ice, gravity, motion, and healing.
- The Ageless: Her Magicyst ability, making it impossible for her to physically age. Unfortunately, being an immutable ability, means she is forever stuck as a barely pubescent tween. Though she did go through a phase deeming herself Blessed with Suck, Lucifel has long since accepted its value given it makes her immune to age manipulating attacks & effects.
- Evil Counterpart: Usually compared as such to the Justice Forgers.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Orignally started out because they were appalled at the discrimination done by humans, unfortunately, most of the group has evolved to be more violent in their methods and it doesn't help that they're recruiting more amoral members.