Holy Order of Babel
Voiced By: Yoshihisa Kawahara
Monzein is the vice-captain of the 2nd Regiment of the Holy Guard. Since the position of captain is currently unfilled, he enjoys being called the next captain. He's a hot-blooded and single-minded man, always acting from his own sense of justice and chivalry. His combat skills combined with his large constitution make him a powerful and reliable force on the battlefield.
- An Axe to Grind
- Animal Motifs: Lions. A lion's head appears on the blade of his unique gear, the Steady Thunder Axe, and they're prominently featured on his unique job equipment for Indomitable Axe Knight and Indomitable Axe Knight+: the Golden Lion Armor, Gold Leo Relief, Gold Leo Guard, Gold Leo Boots, and Gold Leo Cape.
- Awesome Ego: Monzein may be boastful, but he's the Vice-Captain of a regiment of the Holy Guard for a reason: he's one of the strongest people in the Holy Guard going by raw physical power.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- The Big Guy
- Embarrassing Nickname: "The foolish boar". Seida and Basheeny often poke at Monzein with this epithet to deflate his ego, to his frustration.
- Heroic Sacrifice: During Chapter 8, Monzein uses the Blazing Seal ability at death's door to help his friends defeat Vier, at the cost of his own life.
- Large Ham
- Light 'em Up: Can use light-elemental attacks as a result of having a Holy Cavalier sub-job.
- Limit Break: Three! His Steady Thunder Axe weapon unlocks his Lightning Axe attack, which deals Thunder damage to a square in front of Monzein and raises his own attack, while his Novice Armor gear unlocks his Sacred Lord and Headsman's Axe of the Thunder God skills.
- Mighty Glacier
- No Indoor Voice: Many of his voice lines have him shouting, quite loudly!
- Red Baron: Those who admire him call him the "Great Thunder Axe".
- Shock and Awe: A thunder-elemental unit.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Seida, Othima, and Basheeny. He often argues with Seida and Othima, and Basheeny likes to troll him, but Monzein about all of them nonetheless.
Voiced By: Takuya Eguchi
Othima is the captain of the 6th Regiment of the Holy Guard. Due to his ability to foresee the future, he was abhorred as a child of the devil from a young age, and attempts were made on his life. After being saved by Zain, Othima joined the Holy Guard. He's frivolous and does things at his own pace, but he's an Alchemy genius with many inventions under his belt.
- An Ice Person: His unique job's Furious Blizzard skill, his job+'s Absolute Zero skill, and his unique gear's master ability, Ill Atmosphere, are all ice-themed.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Perhaps the appropriate term is "Lazy but Brilliant". His likes and hobbies are both listed as sleeping, but he's a talented mage and inventor, and quite shrewd. He created the Phantom Sphere, a device that serves as a unique job equipment piece for his Phantom Master+ job.
- Combat Pragmatist: In his and Basheeny's battle with Neun in chapter 9, he incapacitates the Templar by freezing his feet to the ground.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Normally, Othima's lazy, frivolous, and kind of a joker. But when he gets serious, you do not want to get on his bad side.
- Elemental Powers: Between his Phantom Master and Sage jobs, Othima can use all six elements in the game! His Blue Ice General job upgrade swaps out Piercing Light, his only Light skill, for a Water skill called Absolute Zero, but that still leaves him with five out of six.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He and Seida both sacrifice their lives in Chapter 10 of Sacred Stone Memories in order to help Kagura render the final Matter crystal inert, making it useless to Sol.
- Limit Break: Two: "Ill Atmosphere", a magical Water attack that hits a wide area of effect and lowers the agility of all units hit, requires Othima to have his Illusion Rod equipped to his Phantom Master or Blue Ice General jobs, while a New Year's memento featuring him has "Billowing Mist", a three-hit Water attack that raises power for Water units from Lustburg (like him). Notably, while "Billowing Mist" features Othima in its cinematic, it is unrestricted, meaning any unit equipped with the memento can use it.
- Making a Splash: A water unit.
- Master of Illusion
- Sleepy Head
- Squishy Wizard
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Monzein- the two argue a lot, but they enjoy each other's company nonetheless, and love having drinks and meals together.
Voiced By: Ai Kakuma
Yauras is the captain of the 1st Regiment of the Holy Guard. She's an amazing swordfighter, boasting both intelligence and beauty. Though she hasn't realized this herself, it's said that she has a lot of hidden fans among the Guard, regardless of gender. She secretly fell in love with her rival Cadanova, and she's still endeavoring to keep up with him.
- Action Girl
- Cruel and Unusual Death: At the end of Chapter 9, she tries to use the Blazing Seal technique to perform a Heroic Sacrifice, but Sol incapacitates her and breaks her hands before killing her, to forever ruin her ability to use her twin swords.
- Dual Wielding: Yauras is regarded as a master of twin-sword fighting, as evidenced by her unique job, Twin-Blade Knight, and her Twin-Blade Swordsman sub-job.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Kanon and Sieba both have feelings of some form for Yauras, and her profile implies that there are a lot of other girls and women in the Holy Guard that admire her romantically.
- Flower Motifs: Blue roses. They appear prominently on four of her Twin-Blade Knight+ job's unique equipment: the Blessed Rose Relief, Blessed Rose Band, Blessed Rose Boots, and Blessed Rose Bottle.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Heartbroken Badass: Cadanova's death may have broken her heart, but it certainly didn't make her lose her competence as a fighter.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Limit Break: Has two! "Eternal Rose", a multi-hit Water attack that raises Yauras's own agility, requires Yauras to have her Glory-Bringers gear equipped to her Twin-Blade Knight or Twin-Blade Knight+ jobs, while "Splendid Watercolor Slash", a multi-hit area of effect attack that deals extra damage to fire-elemental and beast-type enemies, requires Yauras to be wielding the Elegant Writings gear on the aforementioned jobs.
- Making a Splash: A water-type unit who has skills in her unique job and job+ that refer to water, mist, and foam.
Voiced By: Kazutomi Yamamoto
Basheeny is an apprentice of the Holy Guard. As a boy without any relatives, he found happiness in feeling needed by Waginau, and entered the Holy Guard as a spy. Meeting Kanon however made him change his mind, and caused him to put his trust in her instead. He now fights for Kanon and the Holy Guard.
- Casting a Shadow: A dark-elemental unit.
- Conveniently an Orphan
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Dual Wielding: Has two jobs devoted to this: Mobile Knight, his primary job, and Twin-Blade Swordsman.
- Evil Orphan: Before his HeelFace Turn, at least.
- The Gadfly: Towards Monzein, as well as Victor.
- Glass Cannon: Fast and capable of dishing out plenty of damage to lots of units at once, especially critical hits, but light on the defense. His primary defense is using one of his sub-jobs' evasion passives to be able to dodge attacks instead of taking them head on.
- HeelFace Turn: Is originally a spy and assassin for Waginau, before Kanon convinces Basheeny to switch sides.
- Knife Nut: Fond of his Spinning Blades- his hobby is listed as "looking after his weapons".
- Limit Break: "Banishment", a multi-hit Dark attack that ignores defense values when Basheeny uses it to strike an enemy from behind. Usable only when Basheeny has his Spinning Blades equipped in his Mobile Knight job.
- Parental Substitute: Waginau, who unfortunately raises him as a Tyke Bomb.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Monzein after his HeelFace Turn, before Monzein's death. Later on with Victor.
Sol is the leader of the Veda Templars and seeks to liberate Lost Blue from its oppression. He gained an extraordinary power from another dimension at the cost of becoming unable to feel fear. His incomplete range of emotions causes him to rely on commandments to control himself and his comrades.
- Casting a Shadow: Sol is a Dark unit, and his Truthsayer and Shadow Assassin jobs both specialize in Dark attacks.
- Goth: Beyond being Dark typed and having the Shadow Assassin job (with the Darkness variant Job Enchantment), Sol is skinny, pale, dark-haired, and wears nothing but black. If he was younger he may be an Emo Teen, but he is evidently older than the teenaged members of the Templars (and given his time manipulation, may be older still).
- Elemental Powers: On top of his natural Dark affinity, Sol has the Magic Swordsman job, which can perform Fire, Water, Thunder, and Wind attacks.
- Emotionless Guy: Downplayed; Sol lacks one specific emotion, fear.
- Flash Step: He can move incredibly fast in the blink of an eye and reappear instantly. This skill is reflected in one of his Truthsayer skills, Dimensional Starbust.
- Ironic Name: Sol is a Dark unit who wears jet black and has a dour appearance, but his name means "Sun" in Latin.
- Lack of Empathy: Doesn't even bat an eye at the idea of committing genocide in order to retrieve an object of his desire.
- Limit Break: Omega Pulse, a four-hit AOE Dark attack that is extra effective against Light-type units. In addition, the attack lacks an attack type, meaning it can bypass protections or defenses based on resisting certain attack categories (i.e. Slash, Magic, Strike). His unique memento also gives him "Pluto Hazard", a Dark Magic attack that knocks the target backward three squares.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Before choosing the name Sol for himself, he originally had no name: by the time of "Andante of the Dead Nine", he takes the name Nihil in response to a comment Dead Nine makes about him being a nihilist, but later abandons it in favor of the name Sol.
- Spell Book: His unique job, "Truthsayer," uses a book as its icon, and his unique gear, which allows him to access his personal Master Ability, is "New Book of Truth - The Sun". However, while it functions this way in the mechanics, lore-wise this may be a subversion: the description of the item says that the book was once "normal" but that when Sol discovered his "truth," the book changed to reflect it. His unique memento also gives a similar gear out: "New Book of Truth - First Light", which is some sort of journal in which Sol writes about the "Truth".
- Time Master: His powers involve both time manipulation and teleportation; it is implied that he may have been the one to induct Zehn into his own time-based powers.
- Villainous Crush: Has one on Kagura, at least when they initially meet, and flirts with her. Understandably, she rejects him with prejudice.
Voiced By: Yuna Yoshino
Füry is a young girl who is known as the Veda Templar's "Number Five." She is a member of one of the leading occultist families in Wadatsumi, and had a bright and promising future until she was forced to flee after the invasion. She despaired of a world with no justice, and when she gave into these feelings of despair, she gained immense power and her occult arts became more effective.
- Casting a Shadow: Füry's Shadow Assassin job and its later Shadow Assassin [Darkness] enchantment, allows her access to Dark-elemental attacks.
- Combat Medic: One of her secondary jobs is the healing-based Professor and its upcoming Professor [Honey] enchantment, which is surprisingly rare among Fire units.
- Despair Event Horizon: Crossed it /long/ before we even meet her, when Greed Dike invaded Wadatsumi and her home was destroyed.
- Emo Teen: Considering that she's described as a "young girl", her constant gloom probably crosses into this.
- Limit Break: "Mystic Curse Unseen", a cross-shaped skill that lowers enemy hit rate. Requires Füry to have her Harmony Rod equipped to her Cursed Cannon Master job, or its job upgrade, "Cursed Flame General" (currently Japan only).
- Locked into Strangeness: A flashback scene in "Babel Chronicles: Crossroads in the Devastation of War" shows Füry to have had rather normal-looking brown hair before Wadatsumi's invasion by Greed Dike. Presumably, her eclectic hair colors now are the result of her dabbling in the occult. We can see more of this original look thanks to a memento specifically for her, introduced during her job+ event.
- Magic Staff: Her unique gear, the Harmony Rod. Doubles as a Boom Stick, considering her primary job is called Cursed Cannon Master.
- Master of Illusion: Unlike Vier, whose illusions are created using scent, Füry's illusion magic affects all five senses, and she can spread her illusions over a huge range. She sneaks into Northern Pride to assassinate the Holy Guard by making the illusion of a massive, unstoppable Greed Dike invasion.
- Mercy Kill: Just before the end of Chapter 9, Füry is defeated and killed by Seida and Kanon, marking her as the second of the Veda Templars to die after Vier.
- Multicolored Hair: White with red streaks.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: As revealed in her job+ event, Füry's real name before she joined the Templars is Botan.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Playing with Fire: A fire-elemental unit.
- Squishy Wizard
- The Dark Arts: Füry's unique job uses various debuff-inflicting "Curse" skills that spell bad news for anyone unlucky enough to be on the recieving end.
- The Eeyore
- Tragic Keepsake: Mikahayahi's Talisman, the last relic of the shrine Füry served at before Wadatsumi's invasion and her primary job's unique equipment.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Poor girl used to be all smiles before Wadatsumi was destroyed...
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds
Voiced By: Ikumi Hayama
Sieba is a young woman who is known as the Veda Templar's "Number Seven." Her feelings towards Yauras, who once saved her life, are complicated, and she's aware of these feelings herself, too. She loves all things dazzling and gorgeous, and collects beautiful objectsto her despair, though, she has an allergy to roses.
- Collector of the Strange: She likes anything she deems beautiful and keeps a collection of such trinkets.
- Dual Wielding: Her primary job is Twin-Blade Master, which is Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Flower Motifs: Roses, specifically their thorns. She's allergic to the actual plant, so her weapons and accessories (notably the Thorn Cross Barrette, her hair accessory and unique job equipment) are themed after rose thorns.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: She has the Martial Artist job, which is slated to get an upgrade into the enchanted job Holy Brawler [Senju].
- Hellish Pupils: White and shaped like four-pointed stars. These seem to have happened later in her life, as a memento with a skin depicting Sieba in her youth depicts her with normal green eyes, with regular black pupils.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Wields one for her Blademaster job and its later upgrade, Blademaster [Murakumo].
- Light 'em Up: A light-elemental unit.
- Limit Break: "Twin-Thrusting Blade", a multi-hit Light attack that has 100% hit chance and a high chance of a critical hit, which also raises her own hit rate. This requires that her unique weapon, the Determined Thorn Blades, are equipped to her Twin-Blade Master job, or its later upgrade, "Twin-Blade Commander".
- Love Makes You Evil: Her unrequited feelings towards Yauras are part of the motivating force behind her hostility and villainous nature.
- Mercy Kill: Put out of her misery by Yauras at the end of Chapter 9, the third of the Templars to die after Vier and Füry.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The name "Sieba" is an alias she took on after joining the Templars; her real name, which she has seemingly abandoned, is Iris.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes
- Villainous Crush: She has some very intense feelings towards Yauras.
Voiced By: Masaki Terasoma
Neun is a man who is known as the Veda Templar's "Number Nine." His appearance and physical ability are not those of a human, but he has no memory or knowledge of who he is or where he came from. Although he cares greatly for his comrades, in battle he follows his own unique set of beliefs and valuesfor instance, he won't offer his allies assistance until they're literally on the verge of death.
- An Axe to Grind: Has the axe-wielding Warrior job and its [Gigantes] enchantment.
- Avenging the Villain: Fights and beats the absolute shit out of Othima and Basheeny for killing Vier.
- Blood Knight
- Book Dumb: He likes "things that are easy to understand" and has no patience for complex plans.
- Booze-Based Buff: The animations for his "Leaping Bomb Syndrome" and "Roaring Strength Paradigm" skills, which buff his movement and physical strength respectively, show him lifting a bottle of moonshine to his lips and glugging it down.
- Casting a Shadow: A dark-elemental unit, who also gets the Dark-elemental [Gigantes] upgrade for his Warrior job.
- Extremity Extremist: His attacks primarily involve kicks.
- Fusion Dance: After Zwei's death, he ate her flesh at her request, which gave him her own considerable power and changed his appearance to match. Upon his death, their spirits seem to unfuse, with Zwei as "Rat-Killer" and Neun as "Dead Nine" traveling to the afterlife together,
- Having a Blast
- Horned Humanoid: One horn whole, one broken. His younger skin features both of his horns intact.
- Gargle Blaster: His favored drink, "Red Demon Moonshine", which is also his unique job equipment. He gets irritable when it runs out. Apparently, Neun is one of the few people who can stomach the stuff- it has an incredibly high alcohol percentage, and most people who try it get sick. An even more intense one, "Blood Brew - Will-o'-the-Wisp", is an equipment for his job+; its description says it was originally made for the purpose of sterilization rather than drinking, but Neun stole a stock of it to drink himself.
- I am a Humanitarian: Other than the aforementioned scene where he eats Zwei's dead body, he grew up worshipped as a demon child in a cave in Wadatsumi, and was given human sacrifices to eat in order to fuel his strength as a demon.
- Jet Pack: More specifically, rocket boots. Neun's "Explosive Magic" is channeled through his legs, and gives him incredible speed and range of movement.
- Limit Break: "Roaring Manbeast", a Dark attack that hits a cross-shaped area and raises Neun's agility. He can only use it when his unique Unbreakable Greaves gear is equipped to his Explosive Master job, or its upgraded form, Volatile Fighting Master. He can also use "[Riot] Tigre" by wielding the Chains of the Beast Master, a memento gear meant for Zwei.
- Loss of Identity: Neun has no memory of his past or his identity before he became Neun, the Veda Templar. It's implied that his Fusion Dance with Zwei at the end of "Andante of the Dead Nine" transformed him into a different, more feral person, and is the reason for this amnesia.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Before "Andante of the Dead Nine", he was only ever called Dead Nine as an adult doing mercenary work for Greed Dike and "ruling" Lost Blue; afterwards, he took on the codename Neun, thanks to joining the Veda Templars. It's unknown if he ever even had a true name given to him when he was a child.
- Stripperiffic: Slightly Subverted- while Neun's outfit is still remarkably skimpy, Sol requested that he wear the Unbreakable Greaves for some modicum of protection in battle. His memento skin averts this, putting him in pants and boots, and giving him what amounts to a crop top.
- Technicolor Eyes: Specifically, Black Eyes of Crazy plus Supernatural Gold Eyes, with an extra helping of Hellish Pupils (slitted like a cat's).
- Tragic Keepsake: One of his job+ equipment pieces is "Rat-Killer's Chain", a severed part of the restraints Zwei used to be kept in.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: His only regular articles of clothing are a kilt and greaves- a memento reveals that at the beach, Neun wears a speedo and black stockings.
Voiced By: Ryota Takeuchi
Zehn is a man who is known as the Veda Templar's "Number Ten." He continues to fight out of the half-belief, half-hope that he will be able to get back his wife and daughter if he discovers "the truth." This almost delusion-like conviction is what won him the help of the "legendary blacksmith" who was said to take orders from no one.
- Badass Boast: Claims to have reached "another dimension" of combat prowess in his duel with Zahar.
- Broken Bird
- Dance Battler: Is described as "dancing" with his weapon in cutscenes featuring him.
- Driven to Suicide: After being defeated by Kanon, he commits suicide as his last act of atonement. He is the fourth member of the Veda Templars to die in-story.
- Drop the Hammer: The only member of the Templars to have the Blacksmith job, which wields a particularly large one, and its upcoming job enchantment, "Slash-Iron Blacksmith".
- Family Man: Loves his wife and daughter deeply, and seems deeply pained by their loss.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Combined with his Time Master abilities, his Iaijutsu style is credited with being a major part of how dangerous he is; his blade moves so fast that no one can actually see it, even without him manipulating time. Kanon is the only one able to fight him because she bears Excalibur, which was forged by the same blacksmith who made Zehn's sword; Ku's technique allows the one Excalibur is bound to to tell where the other sword is and parry it, even when he is in the "other dimension," throwing Zehn's rhythm off. Even then, it takes Kanon a few hits before she understands the feelings of the connection and can act upon them.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Both his Blade Swordmaster job and Blademaster job, and the latter's upcoming upgrade to Blademaster [Kagerou].
- Limit Break: "Time Funeral", a two-hit Water-elemental attack that lowers the enemies's CT value and has a chance of a critical hit. He can only use this ability when equipped with his unique gear, the Dark Memory Blade, on his Blade Swordmaster job.
- Making a Splash: A water-elemental unit.
- Scarf of Asskicking: His scarf, which is his unique job equipment, named the Vagabond Scarf.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: To Zahar's Shadow Messiah organization, having deserted them in the past and joined the Veda Templars.
- Time Master: Zehn's Blade Swordmaster job allows him to use skills that reduce the CT value of other units, delaying their turns, much like a Chronomancer.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: All he wants is to have his daughter and wife back. To that end, he's a member of a destructive group of mercenaries that routinely kill and harm people and are willing to work for a monarch who wants to topple the balance of the world.
In the era of the Sacred Stone Memories, Waginau manifests as a wraith-like figure who advises Orion. However, he is actually far more than this - he is the first Lord Commander of the Holy Guard, and may have been manipulating Orion to see his friend Nimul once again.Really 700 Years Old: Waginau was a friend to both Nimul and Emmel in their lifetime. He has been around longer than Alchemy itself, and helped to found the Holy Guard.
Orion is the emperor of Greed Dike. Known as the Lion Monarch for his bravery and arrogance, he personally joins the fevered fray of battle, despite being a ruler, and there wields his unmatched martial prowess. A capable general in whom both burning aggression and calm assertiveness reside, he also holds great ambitions within his heart.
- Ambition Is Evil: Orion's ambitious desire to dominate and gain power leads him to invade Wadatsumi, thereby destroying it, and recruit the notoriously destructive Veda Templars, who kill or lead to the deaths of all but one of the Captains of the Holy Guard.
- An Axe to Grind: Has the Warrior job and its Atlas enchantment.
- Ancient China: Greed Dike takes many visual and linguistic cues from China; his name aside, Orion's armor has a Chinese design, and his "immortal soldiers" are based on the Chinese mythological Jiangshi, undead people controlled via paper talismans placed over their faces.
- Animal Motifs: Lions. His title and unique job are both Lion Monarch.
- BFS: His unique weapon, the Leo Falchion. Orion is so monstrously strong that the Leo Falchion is the only weapon durable enough to take the brunt of his sheer strength when he swings it around.
- BladeOnAStick: Has the Sacred Spearman job.
- Casting a Shadow: The aforementioned Sacred Spearman job, when upgraded to its "Dark Sacred Spearman [Lailah]" enchantment, allows Orion to use Dark attacks.
- Genius Bruiser: On top of having sheer brute strength, Orion is an intelligent and cunning leader and general who's more than capable of executing a clever gambit. Additionally, his hobby is listed as "rummaging through historical texts", indicating an interest in history.
- Limit Break: "Leo Genesis", a powerful, Thunder-elemental slash attack on enemy units in the area around himself. It also damages enemy Jewels and grants him an auto jewel recharge buff, and is only usable while he has the Leo Falchion equipped to his Lion Monarch job.
- Shock and Awe: A Thunder-elemental unit, who also has the Thunder-based "Warrior [Atlas]" job enchantment for his Warrior job.