Holy Order of Babel
Voiced By: Yoshihisa Kawahara
Monzein is the vice-captain of the 2nd Regiment of the Holy Guard. Since the position of captain is currently unfilled, he enjoys being called the next captain. He's a hot-blooded and single-minded man, always acting from his own sense of justice and chivalry. His combat skills combined with his large constitution make him a powerful and reliable force on the battlefield.
- An Axe to Grind
- Animal Motifs: Lions. A lion's head appears on the blade of his unique gear, the Steady Thunder Axe, and they're prominently featured on his unique job equipment for Indomitable Axe Knight and Indomitable Axe Knight+: the Golden Lion Armor, Gold Leo Relief, Gold Leo Guard, Gold Leo Boots, and Gold Leo Cape.
- Awesome Ego: Monzein may be boastful, but he's the Vice-Captain of a regiment of the Holy Guard for a reason: he's one of the strongest people in the Holy Guard going by raw physical power.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- The Big Guy
- Embarrassing Nickname: "The foolish boar". Seida and Basheeny often poke at Monzein with this epithet to deflate his ego, to his frustration.
- Heroic Sacrifice: During Chapter 8, Monzein uses the Blazing Seal ability at death's door to help his friends defeat Vier, at the cost of his own life.
- Large Ham
- Light 'em Up: Can use light-elemental attacks as a result of having a Holy Cavalier sub-job.
- Limit Break: Three! His Steady Thunder Axe weapon unlocks his Lightning Axe attack, which deals Thunder damage to a square in front of Monzein and raises his own attack, while his Novice Armor gear unlocks his Sacred Lord and Headsman's Axe of the Thunder God skills.
- Mighty Glacier
- No Indoor Voice: Many of his voice lines have him shouting, quite loudly!
- Red Baron: Those who admire him call him the "Great Thunder Axe".
- Shock and Awe: A thunder-elemental unit.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Seida, Othima, and Basheeny. He often argues with Seida and Othima, and Basheeny likes to troll him, but Monzein about all of them nonetheless.
Voiced By: Takuya Eguchi
Othima is the captain of the 6th Regiment of the Holy Guard. Due to his ability to foresee the future, he was abhorred as a child of the devil from a young age, and attempts were made on his life. After being saved by Zain, Othima joined the Holy Guard. He's frivolous and does things at his own pace, but he's an Alchemy genius with many inventions under his belt.
- An Ice Person: His unique job's Furious Blizzard skill, his job+'s Absolute Zero skill, and his unique gear's master ability, Ill Atmosphere, are all ice-themed.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Perhaps the appropriate term is "Lazy but Brilliant". His likes and hobbies are both listed as sleeping, but he's a talented mage and inventor, and quite shrewd. He created the Phantom Sphere, a device that serves as a unique job equipment piece for his Phantom Master+ job.
- Combat Pragmatist: In his and Basheeny's battle with Neun in chapter 9, he incapacitates the Templar by freezing his feet to the ground.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Normally, Othima's lazy, frivolous, and kind of a joker. But when he gets serious, you do not want to get on his bad side.
- Elemental Powers: Between his Phantom Master and Sage jobs, Othima can use all six elements in the game! His Phantom Master+ job swaps out Piercing Light, his only Light skill, for a Water skill called Absolute Zero, but that still leaves him with five out of six.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He and Seida both sacrifice their lives in Chapter 10 of Sacred Stone Memories in order to help Kagura render the final Matter crystal inert, making it useless to Sol.
- Limit Break: "Ill Atmosphere", a magical Water attack that hits a wide area of effect and lowers the agility of all units hit. Requires Othima to have his Illusion Rod equipped to his Phantom Master or Phantom Master+ jobs.
- Making a Splash: A water unit.
- Master of Illusion
- Sleepy Head
- Squishy Wizard
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Monzein- the two argue a lot, but they enjoy each other's company nonetheless, and love having drinks and meals together.
Voiced By: Ai Kakuma
Yauras is the captain of the 1st Regiment of the Holy Guard. She's an amazing swordfighter, boasting both intelligence and beauty. Though she hasn't realized this herself, it's said that she has a lot of hidden fans among the Guard, regardless of gender. She secretly fell in love with her rival Cadanova, and she's still endeavoring to keep up with him.
- Action Girl
- Cruel and Unusual Death: At the end of Chapter 9, she tries to use the Blazing Seal technique to perform a Heroic Sacrifice, but Sol incapacitates her and breaks her hands before killing her, to forever ruin her ability to use her twin swords.
- Dual Wielding: Yauras is regarded as a master of twin-sword fighting, as evidenced by her unique job, Twin-Blade Knight, and her Twin-Blade Swordsman sub-job.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Kanon and Sieba both have feelings of some form for Yauras, and her profile implies that there are a lot of other girls and women in the Holy Guard that admire her romantically.
- Flower Motifs: Blue roses. They appear prominently on four of her Twin-Blade Knight+ job's unique equipment: the Blessed Rose Relief, Blessed Rose Band, Blessed Rose Boots, and Blessed Rose Bottle.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Heartbroken Badass: Cadanova's death may have broken her heart, but it certainly didn't make her lose her competence as a fighter.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Limit Break: Has two! "Eternal Rose", a multi-hit Water attack that raises Yauras's own agility, requires Yauras to have her Glory-Bringers gear equipped to her Twin-Blade Knight or Twin-Blade Knight+ jobs, while "Splendid Watercolor Slash", a multi-hit area of effect attack that deals extra damage to fire-elemental and beast-type enemies, requires Yauras to be wielding the Elegant Writings gear on the aforementioned jobs.
- Making a Splash: A water-type unit who has skills in her unique job and job+ that refer to water, mist, and foam.
Voiced By: Kazutomi Yamamoto
Basheeny is an apprentice of the Holy Guard. As a boy without any relatives, he found happiness in feeling needed by Waginau, and entered the Holy Guard as a spy. Meeting Kanon however made him change his mind, and caused him to put his trust in her instead. He now fights for Kanon and the Holy Guard.
- Casting a Shadow: A dark-elemental unit.
- Conveniently an Orphan
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Dual Wielding: Has two jobs devoted to this: Mobile Knight, his primary job, and Twin-Blade Swordsman.
- Evil Orphan: Before his HeelFace Turn, at least.
- The Gadfly: Towards Monzein
- Glass Cannon: Fast and capable of dishing out plenty of damage to lots of units at once, especially critical hits, but light on the defense. His primary defense is using one of his sub-jobs' evasion passives to be able to dodge attacks instead of taking them head on.
- HeelFace Turn: Is originally a spy for Waginau, before Kanon convinces Basheeny to switch sides.
- Knife Nut: Fond of his Spinning Blades- his hobby is listed as "looking after his weapons".
- Limit Break: "Banishment", a multi-hit Dark attack that ignores defense values when Basheeny uses it to strike an enemy from behind. Usable only when Basheeny has his Spinning Blades equipped in his Mobile Knight job.
- Parental Substitute: Waginau, who unfortunately raises him as a Tyke Bomb.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Monzein after his HeelFace Turn, before Monzein's death.
Sol is the leader of the Veda Templars and seeks to liberate Lost Blue from its oppression. He gained an extraordinary power from another dimension at the cost of becoming unable to feel fear. His incomplete range of emotions causes him to rely on commandments to control himself and his comrades.
- [[Goth]]: Beyond being Dark typed and having the Shadow Assassin job (with the Darkness variant Job Enchant), Sol is skinny, pale, dark-haired, and wears nothing but black. If he was younger he may be an Emo Teen, but he is evidently older than the teenaged members of the Templars (and given his time manipulation, may be older still).
- Limit Break: Omega Pulse, a four-hit AOE Dark attack that is extra effective against Light-type units. In addition, the attack lacks an attack type, meaning it can bypass protections or defenses based on resisting certain attack categories (i.e. Slash, Magic, Strike).
- Spell Book: His unique job, "Truthsayer," uses a book as its icon, and his unique gear, which allows him to access his [[Limit Break|personal Master Attack, Omega Pulse]], is "New Book of Truth - The Sun." However, while it functions this way in the mechanics, lore-wise this may be a [[Subverted Trope|subversion]]: the description of the item says that the book was once "normal" but that when Sol discovered his "truth," the book changed to reflect it.
- Time Master: His powers involve both time manipulation and teleportation; it is implied that he may have been the one to induct Zehn into his own time-based powers.
Voiced By: Yuna Yoshino
Füry is a young girl who is known as the Veda Templar's "Number Five." She is a member of one of the leading occultist families in Wadatsumi, and had a bright and promising future until she was forced to flee after the invasion. She despaired of a world with no justice, and when she gave into these feelings of despair, she gained immense power and her occult arts became more effective.
- Casting a Shadow: Füry's Shadow Assassin job allows her access to Dark-elemental attacks.
- Combat Medic: One of her secondary jobs is the healing-based Professor, which is surprisingly rare among Fire units.
- Despair Event Horizon: Crossed it /long/ before we even meet her, when Greed Dike invaded Wadatsumi and her home was destroyed.
- Emo Teen: Considering that she's described as a "young girl", her constant gloom probably crosses into this.
- Limit Break: "Mystic Curse Unseen", a cross-shaped fire attack that lowers enemy hit rate. Requires Füry to have her Harmony Rod equipped to her Cursed Cannon Master job.
- Locked into Strangeness: A flashback scene in "Babel Chronicles: Crossroads in the Devastation of War" shows Füry to have had rather normal-looking brown hair before Wadatsumi's invasion by Greed Dike. Presumably, her rather eclectic hair colors now are the result of her dabbling in the occult.
- Magic Staff: Her unique gear, the Harmony Rod. Doubles as a Boom Stick, considering her primary job is called Cursed Cannon Master.
- Master of Illusion: Unlike Vier, whose illusions are created using scent, Füry's illusion magic affects all five senses.
- Mercy Kill: Just before the end of Chapter 9, Füry is defeated and killed by Seida and Kanon, marking her as the second of the Veda Templars to die after Vier.
- Multicolored Hair: White with red streaks.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Playing with Fire: A fire-elemental unit.
- Purple Eyes
- Squishy Wizard
- The Dark Arts: Füry's unique job uses various debuff-inflicting "Curse" skills that spell bad news for anyone unlucky enough to be on the recieving end.
- The Eeyore
- Tragic Keepsake: Mikahayahi's Talisman, the last relic of the shrine Füry served at before Wadatsumi's invasion and her primary job's unique equipment.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds
Voiced By: Ikumi Hayama
Sieba is a young woman who is known as the Veda Templar's "Number Seven." Her feelings towards Yauras, who once saved her life, are complicated, and she's aware of these feelings herself, too. She loves all things dazzling and gorgeous, and collects beautiful objectsto her despair, though, she has an allergy to roses.
- Collector of the Strange: She likes anything she deems beautiful and keeps a collection of such trinkets.
- Dual Wielding: Her primary job is Twin-Blade Master, which is Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Flower Motifs: Roses, specifically their thorns. She's allergic to the actual plant, so her weapons and accessories (notably the Thorn Cross Barrette, her hair accessory and unique job equipment) are themed after rose thorns.
- Hellish Pupils: White and shaped like four-pointed stars.
- Light 'em Up: A light-elemental unit.
- Limit Break: "Twin-Thrusting Blade", a multi-hit Light attack that has 100% hit chance and a high chance of a critical hit, which also raises her own hit rate. This requires that her unique weapon, the Determined Thorn Blades, are equipped to her Twin-Blade Master job.
- Love Makes You Evil: Her unrequited feelings towards Yauras are part of the motivating force behind her hostility and villainous nature.
- Mercy Kill: Put out of her misery by Yauras at the end of Chapter 9, the third of the Templars to die after Vier and Füry.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes
- Villainous Crush: She has some very intense feelings towards Yauras.
Voiced By: Masaki Terasoma
Neun is a man who is known as the Veda Templar's "Number Nine." His appearance and physical ability are not those of a human, but he has no memory or knowledge of who he is or where he came from. Although he cares greatly for his comrades, in battle he follows his own unique set of beliefs and valuesfor instance, he won't offer his allies assistance until they're literally on the verge of death.
- Avenging the Villain: Fights and beats the absolute shit out of Othima and Basheeny for killing Vier.
- Blood Knight
- Booze-Based Buff: The animations for his "Leaping Bomb Syndrome" and "Roaring Strength Paradigm" skills, which buff his movement and physical strength respectively, show him lifting a bottle of moonshine to his lips and glugging it down.
- Casting a Shadow: A dark-elemental unit.
- Extremity Extremist: His attacks primarily involve kicks.
- Having a Blast
- Horned Humanoid: One horn whole, one broken. His younger skin (currently JP-only) features both of his horns intact.
- Gargle Blaster: His favored drink, "Red Demon Moonshine", which is also his unique job equipment. He gets irritable when it runs out. Apparently, Neun is one of the few people who can stomach the stuff- it has an incredibly high alcohol percentage, and most people who try it get sick.
- Jet Pack: More specifically, rocket boots. Neun's "Explosive Magic" is channeled through his legs, and gives him incredible speed and range of movement.
- Limit Break: "Roaring Manbeast", a Dark attack that hits a cross-shaped area and raises Neun's agility. He can only use it when his unique Unbreakable Greaves gear is equipped to his Explosive Master job.
- Loss of Identity: Neun has no memory of his past or his identity.
- Stripperiffic: Slightly Subverted- while Neun's outfit is still remarkably skimpy, Sol requested that he wear the Unbreakable Greaves for some modicum of protection in battle.
- Technicolor Eyes: Specifically, Black Eyes of Crazy plus Supernatural Gold Eyes, with an extra helping of Hellish Pupils (slitted like a cat's).
- Walking Shirtless Scene: His only regular articles of clothing are a kilt and greaves- a memento reveals that at the beach, Neun wears a speedo and black stockings.
Voiced By: Ryota Takeuchi
Zehn is a man who is known as the Veda Templar's "Number Ten." He continues to fight out of the half-belief, half-hope that he will be able to get back his wife and daughter if he discovers "the truth." This almost delusion-like conviction is what won him the help of the "legendary blacksmith" who was said to take orders from no one.
- Badass Boast: Claims to have reached "another dimension" of combat prowess in his duel with Zahar.
- Broken Bird
- Dance Battler: Is described as "dancing" with his weapon in cutscenes featuring him.
- Driven to Suicide: After being defeated by Kanon, he commits suicide as his last act of atonement. He is the fourth member of the Veda Templars to die in-story.
- Family Man: Loves his wife and daughter deeply, and seems deeply pained by their loss.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Combined with his Time Master abilities, his Iaijutsu style is credited with being a major part of how dangerous he is; his blade moves so fast that no one can actually see it, even without him manipulating time. Kanon is the only one able to fight him because she bears Excalibur, which was forged by the same blacksmith who made Zehn's sword; Ku's technique allows the one Excalibur is bound to to tell where the other sword is and parry it, even when he is in the "other dimension," throwing Zehn's rhythm off. Even then, it takes Kanon a few hits before she understands the feelings of the connection and can act upon them.
- Limit Break: "Time Funeral", a two-hit Water-elemental attack that lowers the enemies's CT value and has a chance of a critical hit. He can only use this ability when equipped with his unique gear, the Dark Memory Blade, on his Blade Swordmaster job.
- Making a Splash: A water-elemental unit.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: His scarf, which is his unique job equipment, named the Vagabond Scarf.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: To Zahar's Shadow Messiah organization, having deserted them in the past and joined the Veda Templars.
- Time Master: Zehn's Blade Swordmaster job allows him to use skills that reduce the CT value of other units, delaying their turns, much like a Chronomancer.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: All he wants is to have his daughter and wife back. To that end, he's a member of a destructive group of mercenaries that routinely kill and harm people and are willing to work for a monarch who wants to topple the balance of the world.
The Lion Emperor of Greed Dike. Orion launches an invasion of much of the rest of Babel, seeking to conquer the whole world. He is driven to acquire the Sacred Stone Lucifer from Northern Pride, which he sees as the symbol of rulership over the entire continent.
- An Axe to Grind: Has the Warrior job and its Atlas enchantment.
- Ancient China: Greed Dike takes many visual and linguistic cues from China; his name aside, Orion's armor has a Chinese design, and his "immortal soldiers" are based on the Chinese mythological Jiangshi, undead people controlled via talismans placed over their faces.
- Animal Motifs: Lions. His title and unique job are both Lion Monarch.
- BFS: His unique weapon, the Leo Falchion. Orion is so monstrously strong that the Leo Falchion is the only weapon durable enough to take the brunt of his sheer strength when he swings it around.
- Blade on a Stick: Has the Sacred Spearman job.
- Limit Break: "Leo Genesis", a powerful, Thunder-elemental slash attack on enemy units in the area around himself. It also damages enemy Jewels and grants him an auto jewel recharge buff, and is only usable while he has the Leo Falchion equipped to his Lion Monarch job.
- Shock and Awe: A Thunder-elemental unit, who also has the Thunder-based Atlas job enchantment for his Warrior job.