Characters: To The Bitter End
open/close all folders
- The Anti-Nihilist: Understands mortal life is incredibly fleeting, but does not believe that this makes it any less worthwhile.
- Cool Sword/Evil Weapon/Sealed Evil in a Can: Soul Reaver wields Blooddrinker, a weapon where Blooddrinker, the mightiest and most malevolent of all Daemon Lords, is trapped.
- Critical Hit: His passive Master of Battle, which gives him a chance to hit critically.
- Elemental Powers:
- Empowered Badass Normal: He used to be an ordinary mercenary before gaining immortality and the power of his soul during an ill-fated battle against a Shadowlord.
- Expy: He seems to be obviously inspired by Elric of Melniboné, as both are tragic Magic Knights travelling between worlds, and whose weapon of choice is an evil greatsword harbouring an Eldritch Abomination, which feasts on souls of its victims and can make its wielder go berserk during a fight.
- Despite the similarities, Word of God states that the creator of the campaign had never heard of the The Elric Saga prior to creating the character of Soul Reaver. Any similarities to Elrics, living or dead, are purely coincidental.
- The Hero
- Lightning Bruiser
- Fragile Speedster / Glass Cannon: With Blooddrinker, his attack are faster, but receives more damage.
- Jackof All Stats: His passive Master of Battle, This ability allows Soul Reaver give a critical hit and dodge, but is less powerful that the ability to dodge of Fei Serumen and the critical hit of Sera Poi.
- Luke Nounverber: His real name Rhavin Ironheart.
- Magic Knight: Over the years he has become a mighty warrior and sorcerer commanding all orders of magic.
- Magic Missile Storm: Darkbolt Barrage, which bombards an area with a rain of Darkbolts.
- Red Baron: His real name is Rhavin Ironheart, though he's only known by the title Soul Reaver.
- Soul Power
- Sphere of Power: Lightning Storm creates a hovering ball of electricity over Soul Reaver's head, while Sphere of Annihilationcreates a tiny energy sphere that explodes violently.
- Status Buff Dispel: The Anti-Magic Amulet can be used to unravel spells and weaken summoned creatures.
- Summon Magic/Cool Gate: He can open a gate to Inferno to call daemons to aid him with his first ultimate Summon Daemons.
- Big Red Devil: Fire Daemons, the officers and champions of the Inferno army.
- The Blank: Nightmares, creatures that appear vaguely human but are hairless, smooth, pitch black and have completely featureless faces.
- Fat Bastard: Daemon Spawn, vile, bloated monstrosities that serve as warriors and slavedrivers.
- Hell Hound: Doomhounds, the weakest of the Daemons.
- Poisonous Person: Doomhounds can poison their victims with their passive Doomhound Venom.
- Monster Lord: Shadowlords, the most powerful Daemon Princes.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Damned Ones, poor souls captured by Inferno and now suffer eternal torment.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- Time Abyss
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: In the background - while too well-meaning and not fatalistic enough be Driven to Suicide, Soul Reaver by no means really enjoys having become an immortal. Although he tries to avoid it, having once been mortal, he still (in spite of himself) forms emotional attachments to the comparatively fleeting things around him, inevitably leading to an eternity of loss. But it doesn't stop him from continuing on trying to help.
- Body Horror: When Fei uses Blood Corruption, any enemy bearing a Blood Mark from the Yugitti will have their blood boil and clot within their bodies, begin to bleed from every pore as their life drains away.
- Combat Clairvoyance/Damage-Increasing Debuff: Enemies with a Blood Mark from Fei's Yugitti become more vulnerable to attacks, as the Companions are better able to sense their movements before they even make them.
- Dual Wielding: Two swords, the Kurusunami and the Yugitti.
- Duel Boss/Recurring Boss: Initially when encountered by Soul Reaver after his escape from Greyholm prison, Fei is insane and must be fought one-on-one three times before regaining his sanity.
- Fragile Speedster
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire
- Life Drain: When his first ability Blood Frenzy is active.
- Locked Out of the Fight: His Soul Amulet allows him to temporarily retreat into it, discorporating his physical body.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Other than displaying the traditional vampiric immortality and thirst for blood, he seems to have few of the problems that other vampires do. Sunlight, for example, doesn't seem to faze him one bit.
- Pointy Ears
- The Power of Blood
- Promoted to Playable
- Defeat Means Playable: Technically. When Soul Reaver meets him in II, he has become insane and must be beaten severtal times to eventually regain his mind.
- The Smart Guy
- Spin Attack: The special abilities of both of his swords: the Kurusunami deals damage, while the Yugitti inflicts a Blood Mark.
- Summon Magic: His third ability Abyssal Summon creates a mass of Abyssal energy to do his bidding.
- Super Speed: When Fei uses his second ultimate Celerity, he is so fast that he appears to be at five places at once.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
Morganem and the Council of Six
- Conservation of Ninjutsu: Justified Trope. In Chapter VI each member is a threat to the entire group of Companions, while in Chapter VII they are overcome in one on one battles.
- Duel Boss: All of them are fought one-on-one in Chapter VII by each Companion.
- Five-Bad Band / Standard Evil Organization Squad
- Fragile Speedster: Dustwalker is the very fragile, but can dodge most attacks.
- Mighty Glacier: Kherek, without a doubt. He's hard a nails and hits like several tanks strapped together. The fact that he moves slowly is pretty much the only reason why Kitharsis can defeat him in a duel.
- Nietzsche Wannabe: Maelstrom, who thinks as a result the sole purpose of mortals is to benefit the everlasting Immortals.
- Psycho Rangers
- Reactor Boss: In Chapter VI, the Warlords are unkillable because of their Mana Conduits, which heal back any damage they take. Destroying the Conduits and forcing them to retreat is the goal of the chapter.
- Token Good Teammate: Eryion Xanatha
The Void Children
The Void Child Hatred and Void Child Despair
The Void Child Fear and Void Child Fury
The Void Child Lust, Void Child Sorrow, Void Child Anguish, and Void Child Malice.
The Void Growth
Dharuk Officer and Dharuk Champion
- Damage-Sponge Boss
- Flunky Boss
- Mechanical Monster: Without question. A towering, spike-covered tank that hurls explosive pillars and balls of chaos fire, spontaneously ignites anything that comes close, teleports in constant reinforcements, and to top it off, is barely scratched by most attacks.
- Mighty Glacier
Crown Prince Theros
Prince Sorin Eridem