The cast of To the Moon
and their associated tropes.Due to the nature of the games, spoilers will be unmarked
open/close all folders
Dr. Eva Rosalene
One of the two main recurring characters of the series. She is a Senior memory traversal agent for the Sigmund Corporation.
Dr. Neil Watts
One of the two main recurring characters of a series. He is a technical specialist for the Sigmund Corporation.
- Deadpan Snarker: With Eva.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Large Ham: Oh so much.
- The McCoy
- Milking the Giant Cow: It may be hard to see due to the small sprite, but he does enjoy making dramatic hand gestures.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Neil invokes this on purpose due to his Hammy tendencies.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right: When the full truth about Johnny's past is revealed, he protests against Eva altering Johnny's memories by removing River from the equation despite that it is a part of the job that they are contracted to do and therefore legally obligated to perform. He believes that Johnny is better off with his original memories with River, instead of a new set without her that he will never be able to fully comprehend the true meaning of.
- Secretly Dying: Might be. It all depends on how you interept the implications of the painkillers and little hints like not having full HP in the squirrel fight, and a momentary dimming when he is the only one on screen at the end. Although hey, maybe he just has a bad back or something.
- Stoic Spectacles
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Eva's blue.
To The Moon - Episode 1
John H. "Johnny" Wyles
The patient of episode 1. He is a dying old man whose final wish is to go to the moon. He does not remember his motives for it, but the doctors later find out.
- Amnesiac Lover
- Angsty Surviving Twin
- In-Series Nickname: Johnny.
- His mother also uses the nickname "Joey", after his grandfather. Actually his dead twin brother, who she may actually believe he is.
- Repressed Memories
- Trademark Favorite Food: He is frequently found eating pickled olives. He actually hated them when he was a kid, but started liking them in memory of his brother, who loved them.
- The Unfavourite: Young Johnny believed his mother favoured his brother over him. Given that she apparently has a breakdown following Joey's death and comes to believe that Johnny is Joey, he might be right.
- Of course, that might just be her guilt-stricken mind trying to find SOME form of solace over the fact that she accidentally killed one of her sons.
- Unlucky Everydude
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Nick in high school.
- Hidden Depths
River E. Wyles
John's wife who passed away a few years ago from an illness which she declined treatment for. She is implied to have Asperger's Syndrome.
John's caretaker whom he hired in his old age.
Lily's son. He does not like turtles.
Lily's daughter. She aspires to become a professional ice-cream taster.
John's high school friend, whom he has been keeping in touch with even in his later years.
John's friend. She claims to have the same condition as River, but had chosen since young to approach it in a different way.
- Becoming the Mask: She has similar condition with River, but less severe. In her younger days, she became actress to help her become more normal by acting on the stage. But this also caused her to acting in both on- and off-stage, thus made her "forget" her real self who has long gone. She claims her "normal" persona is what she used during her career as an actress, but not really her real self.
John's dead twin brother whom he could not remember the existence of due to the excessive consumption of Beta Blockers