Line up for roll call, everybody! note
This is a generally villainous organization with mysterious goals and many distinct characters, usually wearing theme outfits. May start out as an Omniscient Council of Vagueness
before getting more time in the spotlight. Unlike a Legion of Doom
, they're generally introduced as a bunch of new characters, rather than being a new alliance of old foes
. Larger than a Quirky Miniboss Squad
, and treated much more seriously (less quirk, more Boss). While they may have access to or be associated with a Nebulous Evil Organization
, they are generally not nebulous, but rather have a set number of members, though they may qualify if their influence
is nebulous or if they have numerous underlings who do not qualify as full members. They also tend to become a Spotlight-Stealing Squad
The Standard Evil Organization Squad generally serves as either the Big Bad
on a large scale (or both, since the leader is often the true Big Bad
), and thus are generally a major threat.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- The Seven Evil Exes from Scott Pilgrim. Though they lack standardized uniforms or any sort of theme among them, they are introduced one-by-one, except for the Katayanagi twins. They even fall under The Smurfette Principle!
- The Hellfire Club from the famous Dark Phoenix Saga of X-Men, all with fabulous clothing.
- Homestuck has two. The first is the canonical Trolls, a group of twelve aliens (or so they claim) whose T-shirts follow an Astrological theme (each bears the symbol of one of the Astrological signs). Following the format of Homestuck, they are introduced one-by-one. Subverted in that most of them aren't really evil. They aren't particularly organized either.
- The second group is from the Show Within a Show The Midnight Crew. The primary antagonists of the series are The Felt, who are a group of 15 time-travelers with a billiard-ball theme (each character corresponds to a ball). They have recently been revealed, in a form of in-universe Defictionalization, to actually exist in continuity with the main story.
- The Midnight Crew itself could count, if not for the fact that the group consists only of four people.