open/close all folders
Main series games
Voiced by: Katsuyuki Konishi (JP)A Navi taken over by the fake Zero Virus vaccine in Network Transmission. Shows up as a Darkloid and Asteroid Navi in the anime.
- Adaptational Villainy: In Network Transmission, he was only fought due to the fake vaccine infecting him. In the anime, he's a Darkloid.
- Calling Your Attacks: BURRRRAITO BIIMU!
- Canon Foreigner: His operator was never seen in the games, but Stream introduces a minor criminal who needs to give 100 cars to a mob boss to save his girlfriend and is given Asteroid Bright Man by Slur.
- Catchphrase: The Japanese version of the anime has him saying "Yo! Check it out!" every so often.
- Shock and Awe: He's an Elec Navi.
Voiced by: Toshihide Tsuchiya (JP), Tony Alcantar (EN)A Navi operated by Yai's unnamed gardener. In the anime, he's operated by Ms. Yuri instead.
- Jerkass: He isn't just literally prickly, he also acts prickly.
- Smug Smiler: His default expression.
- Spikes of Villainy: Driven home with the anime's dub version calling him SpikeMan. And of course, a WWW member.
- Spike Shooter: His signature Needle Cannon.
Voiced by: Tetsu Inada [Red]; Daisuke Kirii [Blue]; Tsuguo Mogami [Yellow] (JP), Paul Dobson (EN)
A WWW Navi guarding the way to the Life Virus in Network Transmission. Appears as a Darkloid in the anime's Axess season and returns as an Asteroid Navi working for a ninja.
- Animate Inanimate Object: He's three swords working together.
- BFS: All three swords are massive.
- Multiple Head Case: Each of his swords are capable of talking and thought.
- Technicolor Blade: Well, not the blades, but the handles for each of his sentient sword are primary colors.
Voiced by: Hyosei (JP)A WWW Navi selling a fake vaccine to the Zero Virus which causes said virus instead. Appears in the anime as a Darkloid during Axess and returns as an Asteroid Navi in Stream operated by a fortune teller specializing in romance.
- Colony Drop: He tries this in Stream when he misunderstands his operator's desire to create shooting stars by summoning an asteroid to wipe out Japan, or at least Den Tech City.
- Dub Name Change: Axess' English dub changed his name to NovaMan.
Voiced by: Yoshimitsu Shimoyama (JP), Robert O Smith (EN)A WWW Navi in Network Transmission. Appears in the anime as a Darkloid and Asteroid Navi.
- Attack Its Weak Point: You can only attack his head.
- Eyes Always Shut: Averted in the anime occasionally.
- Gravity Master: Why do you think he's called GravityMan?
- Robo Speak: Probably the most robotic minded of all the Navis in the series.
Zero.EXEA virus/Navi hybrid of sorts in the Network Transmission game.
- Badass Baritone/Evil Sounds Deep
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Despite him being canonically okay in the end, he just disappears in the future games without much explanation.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He is a virus. Not an infected Navi, a full-blown computer virus that gained a soul. Even he's not sure how that happened, and he's not too pleased about the problems he causes just by existing.
- Expy: Of Zero from the Mega Man X series, of course - one of the few characters to be a reference to it along with Colonel and Iris.
- Face Death with Dignity: He holds nothing against Megaman for coming to delete him and, after being defeated, is quite accepting of deletion. Thankfully, if you have the MystData, there's no need for him to die.
- Heel–Face Turn: If you manage to find the MystData before you face him for the final time, Lan's dad will figure out how to turn Zero into a Navi. He also leads the authorities right to the Professor's location in the finale, turning the Bittersweet Ending into a happy one.
- Humanoid Abomination: He's a NetNavi, all right, but he's purely viral in nature.
- Irony: The digital version of Zero looks more robotic than the reploid original. This is done to distinguish him from ProtoMan, who is already a Zero expy.
- Large and in Charge: The largest humanoid Navi in the game, he's easily four times the size of MegaMan. You'd be forgiven for thinking he's the Big Bad before he starts talking.
- Laser Blade: Of course.
- Rapunzel Hair: What doubles as a cape.
- Tragic Monster: "I didn't ask to be born a virus."
- Unexpected Character: Come on, did YOU expect an X character to become a Navi?
- Whole Plot Reference: His story is nigh-on identical to that of the actual Zero: Created by Wily, spread a dangerous virus, fought someone intended to hunt him down, had a Heel–Face Turn, proves pivotal to the defeat of the Big Bad.
ProfessorWily's unseen assistant from the first game. With Wily presumed dead at the time, he takes over Wily's goal of destroying Net Society by recreating the Life Virus and starting the war Wily wanted.
- Big Bad: Of Network Transmission and most of Beast +.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: His view of Zero as a tool is what drove him away and he programmed Zero One to self destruct when defeated. Zero uses this to his advantage and teleports both of them into his airship forcing him to abandon ship with a parachute allowing the Net Police to catch him.
- Trademark Favorite Food: A sushi restaurant serves as a front for his virus lab and his airship resembles a sushi roll where he's shown eating some as well.
Phantom/Legend of Network
Characters from the Mobile Phone Gaiden Games Phantom of Network and Legend of Network.
HatMan.EXEA magician Navi.
- Chest Insignia: A white hat silhouette on a black background.
- Detachment Combat: Since his hands are not connected to his body, he can slash with his cane.
- Expy: His design was based on the original series' Magic Man, whereas MagicMan.EXE shares little with the Robot Master besides the name.
- Floating Limbs: Has nothing up his sleeves since he has no arms so his hands float by his body.
- Stage Magician
Son of Mr. Hat and HatMan.EXE's operator.
Mr.HatA magician and Shuuichi's father. In the anime he is HatMan.EXE's operator.
- Stage Magician: His occupation which gives him little time to be with his son.
- When You Coming Home, Dad?: Is not often there for his son.
- Chest Insignia: A blue "antenna?" that is emitting/being struck by two lightning bolts.
- Shock and Awe: An Electric type Navi.
- Yellow Eyes of Sneakiness
CacheA NetNavi that manages the Cache Server, where all of the world's cache data is accumulated.
- Big Bad: Of Phantom of Network and the last arc of the Beast+ anime.
- Chest Insignia: In its Navi form.
- Eldritch Abomination
- Light Is Not Good: Its Navi form is primarily white.
- Monochromatic Eyes:
NobodyA male survivor from the lost Atlampian Civilization. After awakening in the year 200X he discarded his name and called himself Nobody. Believing that the modern day Net Society stole its technology from the Atlampians and angered at its use by WWW, Net Mafia Gospel and Nebula, he believes that humanity had no future and decides to destroy the world by reviving the Atlampian's Trojan Horse.He commands another Atlampian survivor named Sherrice to retrieve the codes and program to revive the Trojan Horse. He is eventually defeated by Lan and MegaMan.EXE who had help from a mysterious person called "L.o.N.". The destruction of the Trojan Horse destroyed the server of the Atlampian Ruins, releasing electromagnetic waves and opened a hole in time and space which sent him back 3000 years into the past, some time after the fall of the Atlampian Civilization. There he saw that the Atlampian people survived despite that their society fell; this revelation made him have a change of heart. He then made messages to help Lan in the future to stop himself in that era, signing them as "L.o.N."note
- Fling a Light into the Future/Write Back to the Future: As L.o.N. he made time released messages for Lan to help him stop the himself in the 20XX era.
- Heel–Face Turn: After going into the past and seeing that his people survived, he took to heart what Lan said to him about connections.
- Human Popsicle: Was put in cold sleep just before the fall of the Atlampian Civilization and awoke 3000 years later in the year 200X.
- Last of His Kind: In the era of 20XX, he is the last male of the Atlampian Civilization.
- Meaningful Name: Nobodynote is a pseudonym that Odysseus used during The Odyssey. Odysseus was the Greek hero who came up with the plan of the Trojan Horse to defeat their enemies.
- Mysterious Benefactor: Will have had been the person called L.o.N. who is the one who was sending messages to Lan to stop the himself in the era of 20XX.
- Pet the Dog: After returning to the past, he found Sherrice's mother's heirloom and set things up so that it can be found in the 20XX era so that Sherrice can have it.
- Really 700 Years Old: Is chronologically over 3000 years old.
- Time Travel: After the Trojan Horse was defeated and as the ruins' server blew up, an anomaly in time and space caused by electromagnetic waves opened up and he fell through it. He ends up 3000 years in the past just after the fall of the Atlampian Civilization.
SherriceA female survivor of the lost Atlampian Civilization who is around Lan's age. The creator and operator of RideMan.EXE. Lan's partner during Legend of Network when Chaud and ProtoMan.EXE were out of commission.
- Hair Decorations: Has one that looks like an artifact that puts her hair in twintails.
- Heel–Face Turn: Originally worked with Nobody to find the three goddesses codes (Code Aphrodite, Code Hera and Code Athena) to reform the Golden Apple program to revive the Trojan Horse. She infiltrated SciLab by posing as an Official NetBattler from Netopia, teaming and living with Lan and the Hikari family. Overtime she came to care for them and Lan's friends. She fully goes to the good-side after Lan and MegaMan.EXE defeated her and her Navi and saving her life.
- Human Popsicle: Just like Nobody, she was placed in cold sleep before the fall of the Atlampian Civilization.
- Identical Stranger: She has a similar look to Luna Platz from Mega Man Star Force. This seems to be unintentional.
- Innocent Cohabitation: Lives with the Hikari family for her homestay while she is partnering with Lan.
- Last of His Kind: She is the last female of the Atlampian Civilization. After the events of the game, she is the last Atlampian.
- Mega Twin Tails/Rapunzel Hair: Has her long blonde hair up like this.
- The Mole: Pretends to be an Official NetBattler from Netopia to infiltrate SciLab.
- Otaku: Of Period Pieces. The reason RideMan.EXE is modeled after a cowboy is that she likes Westerns.
- Parental Abandonment: Considering that Sherrice was in cold sleep for 3000 years, her mother has long since been dead.
- Phenotype Stereotype: She has blonde hair with blue eyes and is from Netopia, the series' equivalent of the Americas and Europe.
- Really 700 Years Old: Chronologically, she is over 3000 years old but because she was put in cold sleep she is physically the same age as Lan.
- Teen Genius: She, with Dr. Yuichiro Hikari, created the Trans Arm system. Although considering that she came from an advanced ancient civilization from 3000 years-ago, her intelligence could actually be the norm in that era.
RideMan.EXESherrice's NetNavi that she created.
- Chest Insignia: His Navi symbol is on his belt buckle is a horseshoe facing upwards; "U"-shaped.
- Chained by Fashion: He wears chains. They also help him keep Reverse, which is inside himself, under control.
- Chain Pain: Some attacks are with chains.
- Cowboy: He is designed as one due to Sherrice's like of The Western period pieces.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: Uses a revolver instead of a buster.
ReverseA manifestation of the Trojan Horse. Can infect and take control of other Navis.
- Beat the Curse Out of Him: How to free NetNavis under his control.
- Chest Insignia: His is an upside-down horseshoe; "∩"-shaped.
- Demonic Possession: Can do this to other NetNavis. Notable Navis are: ThunderMan.EXE, AquaMan.EXE, TomohawkMan.EXE, SearchMan.EXE, ProtoMan.EXE, RideMan.EXE and FlameMan.EXE(Cache copy). Was unable to do this with MegaMan.EXE
- Little Bit Beastly: Has a horse head and stands on two horse legs with a humanoid chest and arms.
- Top-Heavy Guy
- Animalistic Abomination: Chronologically predating the Cybeasts Gregar and Falzar in-universe by 3,000 years.
- Chest Insignia: Has one, it has a dull color when idle but it glows golden when attacking and the Trojan Horse can only be harmed when the latter happens. This is the Golden Apple Program.
- Detachment Combat: Can detach its two front legs to do a Death from Above Ground Pound in a 2x2 area, which can crack the panels or destroy cracked panels.
- Flaming Hair: Has a mane of cyber-fire.
- Hellish Horse
Battle Chip GP Challengers
Playable and opposing Human and Navi character pairs from Battle Chip Challenge.
Mary TowaA foreign exchange student from Netopia who is homestaying at Yai's place. She is the operator of Ring.EXE.
- But Not Too Foreign: Is half-Netopian and half-Electopian.
- Foreign Exchange Student: She is from Netopia, and temporarily becomes a student in Electopia's ACDC Elementary.
- Friendless Background: She doesn't really want to make friends due to her shyness and health.
- Ill Girl: Has a pacemaker.
- Long Hair Is Feminine
Ring.EXEMary Towa's NetNavi. She tries to help Mary make friends.
- Chest Insignia: A lime-green oblong ring on a white background.
- Gender Flip: Of Ring Man of the classic series.
- Mega Twintails: Has long chain of rings as hair.
Kai Todoroki (Kaita Todoroki)A kid who idolizes Lan when he saved the bus he was on from exploding(ColorMan's scenario in Battle Network 1). He is the operator of TurboMan.EXE.
- Hero-Worshipper: For Lan and MegaMan.EXE after being saved by them.
- Remember the New Guy?: He was on the same bus Mayl was on during BN1.
- Chest Insignia: Its either a black tire with a silver hubcap that takes up the whole emblem or a silver steering wheel on a black background.
Voiced by: Akeno Watanabe (JP)An anime-only character, Slur is a servant of Duo, although she has a few agendas of her own regarding humankind.
- Ambiguous Gender: While fansubs use female pronouns for the character, Slur's appearance and voice are androgynous, and there's no concrete reference to "her" gender in the Japanese version, or English official materials for that matter. It's possible that Slur was intended to be a genderless being like Serenade.
- Asshole Victim: Nobody is phased by her death.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Everytime somebody tries to fight her ends in this, part of why fans hate her but she's thankfully on the receiving end of one from Bass.
- Dark Action Girl
- The Dragon: To Duo.
- Family-Unfriendly Death: Bass impales her from behind with his own bare hand, then crushes her head while said arm is still lodged in her chest.
- Humans Are Bastards: And so, she thinks it is her duty to destroy them.
- Invincible Villain: She never loses, ever. Part of the reason for Stream being considered Seasonal Rot. Thankfully, she's finally killed by Bass.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Receives the single most brutal death scene in the series. Not that anyone is complaining.
- Knight Templar: A particularly evil one.
- Light Is Not Good: Most of her attacks are light-based, but don't expect anything good from her.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Prior to Bass killing her, she appeared indestructible.
- No-Sell: To EVERYTHING. Even getting hit with three Program Advances at once didn't phase her.
- Not So Invincible After All: After being featured prominently easily defeating anybody who tried to fight her Stream's finale has Bass taking sweet revenge on her for an earlier defeat.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Shock and Awe: Some of her attacks are electricity-based.
- The Sociopath: As bad as Duo was, she's even worse, having some standards he has regarding fair play when judging a planet, she has none if she had her way she's destroy the Earth herself.
- Treacherous Advisor: She is unconditionally loyal to Duo, but she's actively trying to sway him into deciding that humans are not worthy to live.
Manuela (Superintendent Manabe)
- Badass Normal: Uses a battle chip gate when Lan, Chaud, and Laika aren't around.
- Fair Cop: A young adult woman part of the Net Police force.
Chief Keifer (Kifune)
- Da Chief: The head of Japan's Net Police.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Doesn't want his agents recklessly putting themselves in danger like Lan blasting off into space or Lan, Chaud, and Laika confronting Regal and Nebula Gray, but overlooks it.
- The Ace: A good agent of the Net Police and chosen by Sci Lab as a test subject for cross fusion.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves Lan from falling into a subway tunnel when GravityMan is damaging the city.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Becomes this after using the Dark Synchro Chip, but he does turn back to normal.
- Dark Is Evil: Regal's Dark Synchro Chip is what allowed him to cross fuse but also corrupted him.
- Fallen Hero: A skilled Net Police agent to temporarily using a Dark Synchro Chip to steal.
- Put on a Bus: He and Ms. Yuri fall off a bridge thanks to Dark ProtoMan. Ms. Yuri is shown to have survived, Stream shows he survived but the dub ends with Axess, leaving his fate unknown for those who haven't seen the Japanese version.
- Green Thumb: Is given Asteroid PlantMan by Slur.
- Irony: Went from hating vegetables to happily eating them.
- Karma Houdini: One of the few Asteroid Navi operators not to get in trouble. Justified since he's a kid and PlantMan's fault for taking things too far. Granted, given how Chaud was restraining Lan, its possible he was planning on getting physical.
- Picky Eater: Hates vegetables.
- My God, What Have I Done?: He only wanted to avoid eating vegetables himself, not to stop others from eating them much less causing a food shortage.
- Tagalong Kid: The only person given an Asteroid Navi that isn't an adult.
- Born Unlucky: Some things are her own fault like forgetting dropping her name tag preventing her from getting paid for the day, others are not such as a copier breaking as soon as she touches it.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Almost nothing goes her way.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Given Asteroid StoneMan by Slur.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Uses StoneMan's dimensional chip thinking it would get rid of him and undo the trouble he caused, not knowing it would let him attack the real world.
- Taken for Granite: Temporarily had this ability thanks to Asteroid StoneMan.
Mac and Harry
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Mac worries about the Net Police fixing their old computer since it'll reveal their names, address and favorite manga.
- Even Evil Has Standards: They only intended to target Manuela, but GravityMan decides to attack the entire submarine from the real world putting them in danger as well.
- Expy: They look like a parody of Wario and Waluigi. Only Mac (Waluigi) is older and in charge of their plans.
- Fat and Skinny: Mac is skinny and Harry is fat.
- Gravity Master: Given Asteroid GravityMan by Slur.
- Weight Woe: They use GravityMan's powers to make Manuela think she's going through this so she the lack of food and excessive amount of exercise will kill her and prevent them from investigating them when one of their computers was lost to the Net Police.
- Too Dumb to Live: Lan asks why they didn't simply use GravityMan to destroy their old computer rather than making Manuela die from exhaustion. Not to mention the only reason they were caught was because they decided to sneak aboard the submarine Manuela was on to better control the situation.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Is content with beating Laika in a fencing contest and stealing Japanese weapons, but goes against YamatoMan's idea of killing the enemy to achieve victory.
- Everything's Better with Samurai: Subverted when its an arrogant and bloodthirsty alien samurai.
- Evil Former Friend: Downplayed. He's Laika's friend, but eventually regrets his actions and tries to protect him from YamatoMan and when immediately overpowered, Laika returns the favor and forgives him.
- Karma Houdini: He's not shown suffering any real consequences, however given his regret its possible Laika arranged a more lenient punishment for him.
- Samurai: Given Asteroid YamatoMan by Slur.
- Wicked Cultured: He's interested in Japanese culture, mainly their weapons from the samurai/ninja era.
- Bittersweet Ending: He gets arrested for his car thefts, but is reunited with his girlfriend and the mob boss who kidnapped her is arrested as well.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Has a girlfriend he tries to protect when she's taken hostage by his mob boss.
- Shock and Awe: Given Asteroid BrightMan by Slur.
- Animal Motifs: His name is Rat and has an overbite sticking out of his mouth.
- This Is a Drill: Given Asteroid DrillMan by Slur.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Inflicts this on NapalmMan when he decides he's rather be with Fyrefox and make people happy by creating fireworks instead of helping Domon with his crimes.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Given Asteroid NapalmMan by Slur until he wandered into Fyrefox's P.E.T.
- Fortune Teller: She is one who specializes in helping women with love issues.
- Star Power: Given Asteroid StarMan by Slur.
Asteroid BombMan's operator
- No Name Given: The only Asteroid Navi operator who doesn't have a name. BombMan simply refers to him as "operator".
- Stuff Blowing Up: Given Asteroid BombMan by Slur.
- Too Dumb to Live: Used BombMan to attack the bank he worked at and attacked other banks to make it more difficult to get caught, but got nervous and developed physical health problems and had to be hospitalized. As Lan notes, it wasn't very smart of him.
- Blow You Away: Given Asteroid AirMan by Slur.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Orders AirMan not to hurt Princcess Pride.
- Karma Houdini: Depends on how you look at it. He doesn't face any actual consequences, but also dies.
- Killed Off for Real: One of the few human characters to die.
- Retired Badass: Pride said he had to retire due to health problems, but is able to operate AirMan and able to create enough clones to make an army.
- Tragic Villain: At least Laika thinks so, having been manipulated by Slur and dying.
- Well Intentioned Extremeist: Only wanted to protect his country, but the less than civilized history between Creamland and Sharo makes him think Sharo is trying to take a piece of land between the two countries and destroy Creamland.
- Evil Former Friend: Calls Miyabi his old colleague.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Given Asteroid SwordMan by Slur.
- Greed: Uses SwordMan to rob banks to have the money for a luxurious lifestyle.
- Ninja: Says he is one and has a relationship with Miyabi and sets fire traps in his hideout to make things more difficult for Lan and Dingo.
- Playing with Fire: Sets up fire traps in his hideout in case anybody finds out about his robberies and personally throws one at Miyabi.