Characters: Grim Tales from Down Below
List of characters from Grim Tales from Down BelowNote: Only list characters that have a significance to the story. If it's a cameo, leave 'em out.
open/close all folders
Junior (a.k.a Grim Jr)
The main character of the story and Grim and Mandy's son. Prince of the underworld.
- Big Brother Instinct: It takes awhile to fully take root but when it finally does...
- Brother-Sister Incest: Implied though he heavily denies it.
- By the end of the series he seems more accepting of it. When the series renewed they seem to have worked out a brother-sister version of a Two Girl Romantic Friendship. However Mimi is also his crush so there could be a love triangle in the works...
- Brought Down to Badass: Offers up his demon powers in the non-canon sequel story Afterbirth in an attempt to regain his sister's love. It works.
- Cute Monster Boy: As far as a skeleton goes.
- Dem Bones: A living skeleton like his father. His spirit form is more human looking though. Because he was originally human, but Grim's plans called for killing him and bringing him back as a reaper.
- Driven by Envy/The Resenter: Towards Minnie, combined with The Unfavorite. He also hates that Nergal Jr. (his godfather) shows more attention and love towards her, though it is later justified as Nergal Jr. is Minnie's biological father.
- Embarrassing Old Photo: Lock, Shock, and Barrel start gushing over a really adorable photo of baby Junior in one of Grim's diaries. Cue Junior's face turning red with embarrassment.
- Expy: A combination of Shinji Ikari, Ichigo Kurosaki, and Jackie Estacado.
- Flipping the Bird: Does this to Mandy in Nergal speech in his defense of Mimi.
- Future Badass: From the Afterbirth previews, he seems to have gotten far more skilled, though this story was later "de-canonized".
- Go Through Me: After Mandy drains the dark energy out of Mimi, reverting her to her human form and orders her to be disposed of. Junior, tired of her callousness, stands in front of Mimi and refuses to move even when Mandy starts physically beating him.
- Grew a Spine: Pun aside, he made a daring choice to summon his demon-reaper powers to defend a weakened Mimi from a pissed-off Mandy. It's also because he made that choice that Mandy actually decides to spare Mimi.
- Grim Reaper: Like father, like son.
- Heel Realization: Though it takes a trip through the afterlife for him to finally realize he's been a brat.
- Humanoid Abomination: Is a walking skeleton with the powers of an Eldritch Abomination attached.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Against a mind-controlled Minnie.
- Limited Wardrobe: Junior's wardrobe is revealed to have nothing but black hoodies.
- Loser Protagonist
- Lovecraftian Superpower: His Nergal powers.
- In human form he has one blue and one grey eye to represent this.
- Morality Pet: Has been one for Minnie up until the aftermath of the Mimi battle. According to the Nergal Symbiote, he's the reason as to why Minnie didn't exhibit any of her mother's cruelty, at least outwardly. But thanks to recent events, Minnie has begun to give in to that cruelty.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: It's due to his jealously of his sister Minnie that the comics events happened.
- One-Winged Angel: Was about to get serious here before a Cooldown Hug.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Minnie's Nergal powers can take over him if he's not careful.
- The Symbiote: His Nergal side has a mind of its own.
- Talking to Themself: Talks and argues with his Nergal side.
- The Worf Effect: Gets tossed aside by nearly every baddie he meets. Justified since he's still a kid and is still just getting used to his abilities.
- The Unfavorite: He feels like this due to his sister's talents overshadowing him. In truth, it's not the case.
- If what the Nergal symbiote says is true, Junior standing up to his mother made him the favorite in her eyes.
- The Hero
- Warrior Prince
Minnie (a.k.a Mini Mandy)
Grim and Mandy's daughter though biologically Nergal Jr's her father
, Junior's little sister, and princess of the underworld
- The Ace
- A-Cup Angst: In one strip, she was seen comparing herself with her mother and an image of a pancake appears.
- It's even better when you realize to what her line, "How cruel. My name is so apt..." refers.
- Action Girl: You wouldn't know it from her appearance though.
- Anatomy Arsenal/Walking Armory
- Bow and Sword, in Accord
- Back from the Dead: The first comic is essentially a How We Got Here of this.
- Badass Princess
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Thanks to Him.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Normally a very sweet girl, but god help you if you get her angry.
- Berserk Button: Harming Junior in any way. Very bad idea.
- Brother-Sister Incest: Toward Junior to a world-ending degree.
- More recently she's been shown to cave to her brother for the promise of sleeping in the same bed as him and play with his hair after he was nailed to the floor on top of her.
- It's also the reason for her even seeming like a good and pure soul, she had been purposefully suppressing her natural evil so that Junior would not have to witness it.
- Clingy Jealous Girl/Driven by Envy/The Resenter: Deeply resentful of Mimi's crush on Junior (a crush that he seems to reciprocate).
- Cooldown Hug: Gives Junior one here.
- Cool Sword
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Her being torn apart by Oogie Boogie while she was still human wasn't very pretty...
- Cute Bruiser
- Cute Monster Girl
- The Dreaded: To Junior's Nergal side, thanks to formely being hers and it knows her better than even Junior. According with it, Minnie has all the latent potential to be as evil as her mom.
- Death Glare: Gives a pretty epic one here.
- Despair Event Horizon: Undergoes one in the non-canon story Afterbirth after Junior leaves to train on his own.
- Eldritch Abomination: Her second form.
- Emergency Transformation: Her current form as her original body had to be destroyed thanks to the Enemy Within.
- Empathic Weapon/ Evil Weapon/Living Weapon
- Enemy Without: Once she was killed by Oogie Boogie, her true form ran rampant.
- Expy: Anthy Himemiya, Orihime Inoue, Hinata Hyuuga, and Rei Ayanami, meet your long-lost cousin, by way of Rukia Kuchiki.
- Eye Scream: In Afterbirth. Both of them. She gives Junior her right eye to empower him and grant him Nergal powers. By giving Boogieman her left eye, she has given her hand in marriage to him.
- At the end of Afterbirth, she regains both of her eyes.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: In her first form. As well as a glowing mouth.
- Good Girl Gone Bad: After she realized that her brother is growing more and more distant from her thanks to her mother's speech; she now has reinvented herself to honor her name and be a mini clone of her mother.
- Gray Eyes
- Humanoid Abomination: Is part undead human, part Nergal demon.
- Implausible Fencing Powers
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Surprisingly for the Underworld's princess and Mandy's daughter Minnie is kind, demure and pretty much the perfect little girl. She's so pure, that her soul was accepted into Heaven and a high ranked angel descended specifically to escort her. After The Reveal about her feelings for her brother, however, she was turned away, though this was what she wanted in the end.
- However, according to the Nergal symbiote, she's always had a darkness capable of unspeakable horrors, it was just hidden so deeply within her due to her affections for her brother that not even the angel escorting her could see it. And now she's succumbing to it.
- Kick the Dog: The first thing she does after reinventing herself at her mother's image is criticize and stomping over her brother's muffins.
- Lady of War/Silk Hiding Steel
- Little Miss Badass
- Lovecraftian Superpower: Passes them on to Jr. and helps him control them. Him leaving to train on his own is what drives her to leave.
- Not Growing Up Sucks: In Afterbirth, one of the reasons Minnie has run away from home is because her body no longer ages due to being undead.
- Possibly foreshadowed in WHaM, where she appears jealous of the fact that she's not as... "developed" as her mother.
- It seems she may get over this if she has both her eyes.
- One-Winged Angel: Two forms, in her human form and her mega form which is not nice.
- Purple Prose/Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: How she normally speaks.
- Super Empowering
- The Unfavorite: Thanks to Grim always hating her biological father and Mandy now favoriting Junior.
- Yandere: "Love me, Junior! LOVE ME!"
- Has now crossed over into endangering Junior's life as well as of the latest comic.
- Deadpan Snarker: It's taken to ribbing Junior over the love triangle between him, Mimi, and Minnie.
- Eldritch Abomination: While usually it manifests as clothing, it can assume various mind-bendingly monstrous forms.
- Heel-Face Turn: It was initially antagonistic, but come Part 2 it and Junior treat each other like brothers.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: It's stint as the Big Bad of Part 1? That was it lashing out after years of being maltreated by Minnie.
- Spontaneous Weapon Creation: At a word from Minnie, it can morph into or extrude various weapons.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: When it first bonded to Junior it seized control of him and went on a rampage.
- Starfish Language: It, Minnie, and Junior are all capable of speaking a language made up of black and green symbols.
- The Symbiote: It was originally part of Minnie, but was transferred to Junior along with her eye.
- Your Soul Is Mine: After bonding to Junior, it acquired the ability to remove and eat souls.
The very same from The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
. In this universe, after years of unwilling servitude to the two title characters, he found he actually did like hanging around them, especially Mandy. At first he was unwilling to kill them, allowing Mandy to live into adulthood. He eventually gathered the nerve to reap her, but not before proposing to her first. She accepted and the two have the ruled the underworld since.
- Bumbling Dad
- Butt Monkey: Yeah even as the ruler he can't get a break. Not as bad as the TV show though.
- Dem Bones
- Dark Is Not Evil: He's the Grim Reaper, his very purpose is to reap souls and take them to the other side, whichever that may be. That said, he is not a bad guy. He genuinely loves his children, and he wishes for peace among the other rulers of the underworld. The only really evil thing about him is that he has no problem with death as he is the one reaping them anyway.
- Even Evil Has Standards: He actually calls Mandy out for letting Mimi get close to the Hand of Horrors knowing full well what it can do.
- He gives another to her for not helping Blossom and Mimi during their hour of need in the past
- The Good King: When compared to Mandy, anyway.
- Good Parents: He loves his children, Even when he knows that none of them are biologically his, Since being Death he is incapable of creating life.
- Grim Reaper: Duh.
- Henpecked Husband: Well, when your wife is Mandy...
- Papa Wolf: Loves his kids very much and will do anything to protect them.
Grim's wife and mother to Junior and Minnie. After years of bossing Grim around, she found out he had grown an attachment to her and Billy. As such, she was immortal since he kept prolonging her life and she grew into powerful woman until Grim finally gathered the nerve to reap her. She married him instead and became ruler of the underworld alongside him. She had an affair with Nergal Jr. at one point which resulted in Minnie, which Grim was aware of, though he wasn't happy about it.
- Action Mom: Mandy is the literal queen of badass ladies in this comic.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Justified. Mandy accepted being Grim's wife and she stopped being a mortal when she was in her late 20's or something.
- Badass Boast: "If Him wants to dance, we don't dance. We bring down the dance floor."
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Mandy has some interesting outfits in that closet of hers.
- Death Glare: Mandy gives one to Dark Danny because of his recklessness.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: The only people she shows a modicum of decency towards are her children and sometimes Grim. And even then she's not above beating them up.
- Evil Is Sexy
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Think of it this way. The Grim Reaper is the second most feared person in the Underworld. SECOND.
- Guns Akimbo
- Hypocritical Humor: She uses the Dumb Blond stereotype on Bubbles.
- Lack of Empathy: She does care for her family but anyone else is on their own. This page sums it up quite nicely.
- Mama Bear: Her reason for going to war with Him? Because he dared to go after her children and her home. And also because she has a reputation to uphold.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Perpetual Frowner: Her default expression.
- Really Gets Around: Junior's biological father was a human man (whose identity, as of this writing, is unknown), and she also slept with Nergal Jr. which produced Minnie. And later Dark Danny, which results in the twins Dani and Manny. Justified, as Grim is incapable of creating life, and it's implied the only way Grim can have a child is through an abortion, stillbirth or miscarriage. This is how Junior was born as a reaper and not a normal human.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Makes it perfectly clear to Minnie in "The Weight of Lineage" that for all her Purple Prose and a "killer" Death Glare, she lacks her mother's ability to take action without hesitation or remorse, and that Junior will keep "flying further and further" out of her reach until she does so. A point which is exemplified by The Reveal that Mandy was the one who shot the line holding Junior and Mimi, not Minnie.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Permently it seems.
- The Stoic
- Would Hurt a Child: Even her own son isn't exempt from her wrath.
Dani and Manny
Two new additions to the Grim household born in between the end of "What About Mimi?" and "Afterbirth''. They are the product of Mandy and Dark Danny sleeping together. As such they have ghost powers.
Due to "Afterbirth" being ruled non-canon, their future in the series is in doubt, though "Elements lifted from Afterbirth may manifest in the official work later, in some form"
, so they may still appear, especially given Mandy's sleeping with Dark Danny in "What About Mimi?"
- Amazon Chaser: Manny for Mimi.
- Big Brother Worship: Dani cares just enough about Junior to want to help him rescue Minnie.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Both of them, in their own different ways.
- Brother-Sister Team
- Wonder Twin Powers: They're able to combine Dani's non-fighting skill and Manny's attack powers as long as they keep physical contact.
- Distressed Damsel: Dani captured by Drax as test subject.
- Gilded Cage: The other reason behind they following Junior was they wanting to get out the castle they weren't allow to leave.
- Gorgeous Period Dress: In comparasion with Junior's casual jeans-and-sweatshirt look and Mandy and Minnie's Stripperiffic outfits.
- Green Eyes: Manny.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Since they come from Dark Danny, they're half-human half-ghosts.
- Half-Identical Twins: Dani is the girl, Manny is the boy.
- Hates Being Touched: Dani, mostly because Junior uses his tentacles to do it. Manny too, mostly because of him being in "Girls Have Rabies" phase.
- For most of their chagrin, they have to overcome this (at least towards each other) to use their ghost powers at its fullest.
- Idiot Hero: Manny.
- Polar Opposite Twins
- Precocious Crush: Mimi is a notable exception to Manny's Girls Have Cooties rule.
- Proper Lady: Very important to Dani as she seems to hate just about everything that's vaguely uncouth.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Dani.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Manny's the red, Dani's the blue
- Silk Hiding Steel: Because she lacks her other siblings' sheer battle powers, she comes across as this.
- Synchronization: When Dani was under Drax's power, Manny could feel her pain miles away and track her.
- Weak, but Skilled/Unskilled, but Strong: Dani knows a lot about the non-combat powers she has, but seems to lack her brother's sheer strength. Manny is the exact opposite with barely any understanding of his non-combat powers, but he can already preform a ghostly wail and can unleash powerful ecto blasts.
- Women Are Wiser: Unlike her twin, Dani thinks before acting.
- Worthy Opponent: Dani seemed to show respect for Empheles, to the point of staring in shock after his core detonated.
Allies and Extended Family
The temporal ghost from Danny Phantom
. Acts an an observer and guide to Junior during his spiritual trip. Hinted that he knew what was to come (he a ghost of time after all). Grim doesn't seem to like him much.
Dark DannyDanny Phantom
's evil future self from The Ultimate Enemy
. Clockwork released him in preparation for the coming events, with the threat that he'll erase him from existence (as D.D. exists outside of time now due to Danny's actions in the movie) if he gets out of line. Helps to fight against Minnie's monster form.
- Ax-Crazy: His demeanor seems to have slightly deteriorated from his stay outside time.
- Actually, he was this combined with Omnicidal Maniac before going outside of time. If anything, he's more mellow compared to his previous actions.
- Anti-Hero: Really just in it cause he has no choice.
- Badass: Let's face it. To stand up to an Eldritch Abomination and actually subdue it when the entire army of the Underworld couldn't, you earned this title.
- Big Damn Heroes
- Jerk Ass: The biggest in the series. Though compared to how he acts here in the comic to how he was in the show, it's clear his imprisonment (and Clockwork's threat to erase him from existence) have greatly mellowed him out.
- Kame Hame Hadoken
- Mr. Fanservice: We see him shirtless quite a lot in What About Mimi?
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!
Grims/Mandys General and Leader of the Castle Guards. He may actually be Juniors biological father. This is hinted at when he losses his helmet in What about Mimi as his face and Juniors look very similar.
An otherworldly creature who has relations to Grim and Mandy. Comes to help out when Minnie's monster form runs rampant. Also has bad blood with Grim. The one present though seems to just be a spiritual apparition connected to the real one.
Nergal's son, uncle to Junior and Minnie And Minnie's true father
. Also comes to help out the group against Minnie's monster form.
daughter. At first a voiceless and armless girl whom Junior meets while wandering a frozen tundra. However this turned out to be a trap of Him to lure Junior to him. Once revealed, she transforms into a more devil like creature. She turns against Him and helps Junior and Minnie escape once Jeff is threatened.
- Abusive Parents: How abusive? He cut off her hands and psychologically tortured her.
- Amazonian Beauty: Junior and Manny think she's amazing. Minnie does not agree.
- Big Damn Heroes: In Afterbirth.
- Bi the Way: While its still too early to confirm, this was her action when she met Chi for the first time. May be a case of It's Okay If It's You.
- Baths Are Fun: Upon being brought to a warm, full bath in Junior's home, Mimi immediately discards her clothing and jumps right in, and is later seen splashing happily. Justified because her last happy birthday was spent playing in a bathtub with Raven before her death by Him.
- Body Horror: Indeed, her human form definitely doesn't enjoy it.
- Break the Cutie: Her entire past is this.
- Broken Bird: A very young example though.
- Crazy Awesome: When she betrays her father she throws a kettle. At his face.
- Combat Pragmatist: Mimi is more than a little prone to not fight by the rules.
- Cute Monster Girl: In her second form.
- Dark Action Girl
- Gilded Cage: The Nephilim. It maximized the effectiveness of Mimi's precognitive abilities to stop meta-human crimes and protected her from all manner of attacks, but drained her in every way. She'd be completely helpless if separated from the machine. While Dexter didn't like it and lampshaded her position as a "caged bird", he kept her protected for the sake of the superhero community. This being Mimi's flashback, we know how that turns out.
- Heel-Face Turn: Even Him was surprised.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Where did that kettle come from?
- Implied Love Interest: Well Grim Jr. seems to have a crush on her and she seems to like him but nothing is clear yet.
- Little Miss Badass
- Marshmallow Hell: To Manny.
- Meganekko: Uses glasses while reading or looking information on internet.
- Missing Mom: Because Him made Mimi kill her.
- Morality Pet: Manny seems to had touched Mimi's tiny heart somehow, since she went to rescue the twins instead of going at Junior's aid at first. Also picked his cheek and give him a gratuitous Marshmallow Hell.
- Not So Different: Mimi's situation is Not So Different from Mina's as Jeff points out to Him, or from Minnie's for that matter.
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: Before she became Her, Mimi's high-level telepathy meant that she was hooked up to a machine that magnified her abilities, making her a preliminary warning system for the heroes of the world whenever a meta-human was about to commit an evil act. The machine drained her physically, mentally and spiritually, which explains why she's wheelchair-bound and barely able to speak in her Hands of Horror-induced flashback.
- Puppy Love: A few panels suggest that she and Junior like each other. And they do have an Almost Kiss at one point, but this is never focused on.
- Self-Made Orphan: In GTFO, it's revealed that she was the one who killed Blossom. Him has a picture of the event hanging in his office
- She Is All Grown Up: In Afterbirth.
- Split Personality: Implied though never stated. Her human looking form seem rather innocent. her Him-like form is stoic and doesn't seem like she cares.
- Squishy Wizard: Played with. Pre-Her!Mimi was/is a high-level telepath. The machine built to magnify her abilities left her physically crippled.
- The Symbiote: Her demonic form is evidently the result of her being bonded to one that even Grim is leery of. It also seems attracted to Minnie.
- Too Kinky to Torture: This panel sure seems to point in that direction.
- Tragic Keepsake: The gem in her forehead is actually a Chakra gem that Raven promised her to give to her in her last birthday as a human but got killed before it. Jeff got it back and give it to her.
- Turns Out Like Her Mother: Him implies that Mimi's mother also defied him. Her mother is Blossom, and her father is strongly implied to be Him.
- The Voiceless: Usually she spoke while under the influence of The Hand Of Horrors, and is implied to have fallen mute after being tortured by Him.
Jeff the Spider
Billy's "son" and Mimi's Nanny. Due to this he is at service of Him as he hopes Him can grant his wish of having his "father" love him.
Despite this though, he still kind to a fault which plays a role in Junior and Minnie's escape from Him.
It is somewhat difficult to distinguish between 'heroes' and 'villains' at this point, as almost all of the currently active characters are despicable in some way or another. Junior, Jeff and ironically Death represent rare exceptions to this rule.
Lock, Shock and Barrel
The resident mischief makers of Halloween Town as well as Ooogie's minions. They befriend Junior while he mucking around by himself, who would later go on to explain how his parents got together to the three. However the whole thing is a trap to lure Junior to Oogie so he can take Junior hostage. The plan almost works, but they don't expect Minnie to come to Junior's rescue nor Ooogie actually murdering her. And especially don't expect Junior gaining Minnie's powers and using it to rip out their souls.
A evil resident of Halloween Town who is trying gain the title of the most scariest creature. However upon hearing that the Grims were in Halloween Town he changes his plans to try to usurp his position by kidnapping Junior and holding him hostage. Minnie comes to his rescue instead and easily handles Ooogie But thanks to Junior's callousness at being rescued by her, it gives Ooogie time to catch Minnie off guard and kill her. This however had the repercussion of Junior gaining her powers and using it to absolutely annihilate Ooogie.
- Karmic Death: He wanted the power of Grim, he got it.
- Moral Event Horizon: Well lets face it, Oogie was already a prick. But killing Minnie cemented how far he was willing to go.
The second baddie that Junior comes across (this time during his spiritual trip) and one of the PPG's toughest foes
. He too is also after the power of the Grim family since he is at odds with them for the position for the underworld. As such he takes over Minnie's spirit and tries to use her to kill Junior. Things don't exactly go as planned however. When that plan goes south, he sends his daughter Mimi into the Grim family household to retrieve something for him which was revealed to the Hand of Horrors (as seen in the B&M movie The Big Boogie Adventure).
- Abusive Parents: He cut off his own daughter's hands. And in the WhAM comic, he then beheads Jeff in front of her and threatens to torment his soul if she doesn't do what he says.
- Taken even further in the GTFO comic. Before he cut her hands off, he made her kill her own mother
- Adaptational Sexuality: Kind of. In the original series, Him's attire and speech pattern was more feminine and is Camp Gay. The web comic version dresses more masculine and is willing to physically do his own dirty work.
- Bad Is Good and Good Is Bad: He said to his daughter that if she betrayed him for selfish and petty reasons, he would've been proud.
- Big Bad for the entire series.
- Cool Shades: Part of Bleed's envision of him.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Like how he is in canon.
- Manipulative Bastard: Uses Minnie's feeling for Junior and twists it into hate. Huh sounds familiar.
- No Sell: Took a freaking grenade with the power of a nuke and didn't do jack to him.
- One-Winged Angel: Oooh boy.
- Satan: Although at one point he claims "neither Lucifer nor God will get in my way," so somewhat ambiguous.
- Shout-Out: Is it just me, or does he sound a bit like Commodus in this page?
- Took a Level in Badass: Definitely not the fufu villain the PPG faced.
- We Can Rule Together: Offer it to Junior and of course is refused.
The Boogieman from The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
. Partners with Drax.
A human with a genius-level intellect. Partners with Boogieman.
A Basilican revived by Drax with cybernetics. Follows orders from Boogieman and Drax.
The nerdy friend of Billy and Mandy. Is shown in Mimi's flashback as one of the few last heroes left on Earth thanks to being half-mummy and half-vampire.
A renegade monster hunter. Sometimes friend, sometime enemy of Grim, Billy and Mandy. He too is shown in Mimi's flashback as one of the last remnants of Earth's heroes.
According to Mimi's flashback, she was part of Megaville's last line of heroes alongside Irwin and Hoss Delgado
, and plays an important role as Mimi's chief caretaker.
- Abusive Father: Knows Him is planning to use his own daughter as a tool to his evil plans. He doesn't deny it, and compares it to how her own father used her as a portal.
- Back Stab: How Him stopped her initial attack on the golem.
- Badly Battered Babysitter: Zig-Zagged. Mimi gets her good during the birthday party food fight, but unlike most babysitters, Raven has no problem returning it in kind to her charge.
- Baleful Polymorph: Inverted here; Raven implies she transformed herself so Mimi could have a cute mascot for her birthday party.
- Berserk Button: If you watched the animated series, you know that bringing up her father is a real sore subject for Raven, as Him clearly demonstrates.
- Trying to harm or take Mimi away, also a bad idea.
- Death by Cameo
- Eye Scream: Gave the lava golem one heck of a shiner when it tried to take Mimi.
- Get a Hold of Yourself Man: Gives Mimi a verbal slap to the face when she's crying for her mother Blossom to be at her birthday party. YMMV on whether it's justified, given what Mimi endures the rest of the time.
Raven: HEY! THAT'S ENOUGH OF THAT! Your mom's busy trying to keep the world safe, which entails that she's out there trying to keep you safe! So get that through your head and stop throwing a fit like a spoiled little brat! You're a year older already, so grow up!
- Fridge Horror: In Mimi's flashback, Grim states that because of the traitor in the midst of Megaville's heroes, only a ragtag group of heroes (Irwin, Hoss Delgado, and Raven) remained to fight off evil forces. The fact that Raven was one of the last three remaining heroes against Him implies that none of her friends survived with her up to that point.
- Heroic BSOD: Has one after Him kills Irwin and tosses him at her feet. ]
- Heroic Sacrifice: Along with Hoss to kill HIM. Didn't take.
- Honor Before Reason: Him offered Raven a chance to join his side so she can take care of Mimi while he handles his "hectic schedule". Raven knows what his plans for Mimi are if she surrenders and succinctly tells Him off.
- Like A Daughter To Me: Given what she's been through, it's no real surprise that Raven became so attached to Mimi. She protected her just as much as any real Mama Bear would.
- Mama Bear: More like a surrogate Mama Bear, but just as vicious in defending Mimi, as the lava golem found out here.
- Posthumous Character
- She's All Grown Up: Well in the original Teen Titans comics she was already well into this. But seeing as this is based on the TV series where she was about 13-14, it counts.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: It's Raven, so this normally goes without saying, but the contrast between her snarky food fight with Mimi and cleaning the girl up, admitting she was Not So Above It All, and giving loving words of encouragement about Jeff certainly exemplifies this.
- Tragic Keepsake: A gold pendant, because she wasn't able to get Mimi that ruby necklace she wanted to. Mimi wears it on her forehead as a chakra gem.
Blossom The mother of Mimi and former leader of the Powerpuff Girls, briefly seen in a flashback in What About Mimi
Young ward and friend of Count Vlad, now a vampire-in-training after being bitten by him, but apparently not by choice
. Signed a contract with Him and fought Mimi in a battle where winning would mean she regained her human life/soul, but lost and forfeited the Count's castle according to Him's terms.
- Broken Pedestal: Considering the main series where she practically adored Vlad as a child, him turning her into a vampire against her will has certainly disillusioned her over the years.
- Calling the Old Man Out: With a touch of What the Hell, Hero?, when she calls out Vlad on turning her into a vampire against her will and trying to gloss it over by training and teaching her his ways, thinking she'd forget about her old life.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Despite Mina pulling out a number of impressive transformations during the fight, Mimi pretty much had her number from the start.
- Death Seeker
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appears in AfterBirth as one of the children killed by the Boogyman.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Mina feels this way about being a vampire. Having to feed on human essence, essentially imprisoned in the Count's castle, and living forever in her undead, seven-year old body? She would've preferred the Count leaving her for dead instead of turning her.
- Kick the Dog: Implied by Him that even if Mina had won, it would take something far more valuable than a "rundown, old castle" to restore her human life...another human life for instance.
- Making a Splash: Subverted. Her "mist powers" come from her vampire half.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Played straight in terms of the qualities of a vampire that Vlad has. She has his strengths (Transformation, immortality, flight, etc.) and his weaknesses (Garlic, aversion to sunlight, need for life sustenance, etc.).
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Played straight during the fight with Mimi, but inverted while confronting the Count about her immortality; the latter is less evil and more a mix of frustration and sadness, tinted slightly by anger.
- The Ageless: Not necessarily 700 years old, but Mina's been stuck in the undead body of a seven-year old long enough that's it made her yearn for human life again.
- Troubled, but Cute
- Unwanted Rescue: Whatever the accident was that forced the Count to make Mina a vampire, Mina felt it would've been better if he had just let her die.
- It was probably wanted at the time as Mina was still a child when it happened. But as her mind grew while her body didn't, she came to resent it.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Mina's in the same state as Minnie, undead and unable to grow up. It drives her enough to risk Vlad's castle/home in a fight with Mimi where her winning would mean getting her human life back. She loses.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Part of her power set that usually seen with the classical vampires. She can change into a wolf, mist and a bat from what was seen.
The Dracula Expy
of Mina and The Count
fame, who now resides in the Underworld with Mina as his vampire ward. Not necessarily by her choice.
Marceline's "death-less" dad and friend/associate of Him/Kare
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick
Abadeer: A birthday party with all the trimmings, balloons, cake...
Jeff: Yes, yes!
Jeff: Uh... yeah... Mr. Abadeer, Mimi's a girl and-
- Even Evil Has Standards: Played straight and subverted in a sense. Hunson feels Him "really messed up" Mimi, but understands that he's preparing her for the "family business" like Hunson has tried to do with Marceline.
- Understatement: After verbalizing all of Mimi and Him's "actions" in the office photos, including Him making Mimi kill her own mother, Hunson makes one for the century.
Abadeer: You really messed her up.
daugther, princess of City of Aku and a very close friend
AkuShapeshifting Master of Darkness
and father of Chi. Aku controls the City of Aku having retired from world domination.
One of Aku's former elite henchmen. After being defeated by Jack, he was left powerless and is now nothing more then a floating head given to Chi as a assistant as punishment for his failure.