- Accidental Innuendo: When discussing the punishment for those in Bolgia 8, Red makes an unfortunate statement:Red: They screwed their friends, so now their friends screw them! Dyuh...
- Awesome Art: The animated episodes are full of very impressive (and frankly adorable) chibi art.
- Awesome Music: Red has an awesome singing voice, as heard with her covers of popular songs that she uses in the end credits.
- Red singing her own Major General Song called "The Philosopher's Song".
- Crosses the Line Twice: Many of Red's song choices, both during video edits and her covers at the end of said videos. A standout example is the Halloween special on H. P. Lovecraft, a sizable portion of which is dedicated to recapping The Shadow Over Innsmouth. The featured cover? "Under the Sea"
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- The Journey to the West series, if the comments are anything to go by, seems to have a genuinely strong following who treat Red's episodes on it like actual installments of an ongoing TV series, and frequently ask when more will be coming out. The Mainstream Obscurity of the original text and its genuinely relatable characters (something even Red acknowledged) are likely the cause.
- Character-wise, Red's design for Hades as an emo teen apparently got a lot of commenters "thirsty."
- Friendly Fandoms: Fans of OSP mingle incredibly well with those of Extra Credits to the point that the crossed over on December 3, 2018. They also mingle pretty well with fans of Shadiversity.
- Heartwarming Moments: Now has its own page.
- Ho Yay:
- Dante and Virgil in The Divine Comedy, to the point where Red narrates in a softer voice whenever Virgil protects Dante from a danger in Hell.
- Achilles and Patroclus in The Iliad.
- Galehaut immediately stops fighting because he's utterly smitten with Lancelot.Arthur: If you surrender, I'll introduce you.
- Les Yay:
- Amaterasu towards Ame-no-Uzume (who decides to lure the sun goddess with a strip tease) in "Amaterasu and the Cave".
- Much more subtly, the druidess Bodhmall and the warrior woman Liath Luachra, Fionn mac Cumhaill's foster mothers. While there is isn't any explicit lines, Red notes that most records of the story are quite ambiguous as to the subject of their relationship, so it can be interpreted quite a few ways.
- Averted with Artemis. The idea of a hunter goddess who swears off men and can generally be found in the company of other women might seem very lesbian, but Red is of the opinion that Artemis more likely was asexual.
- Memetic Mutation:
- This reaction image, drawn by Red, didn't take long to inspire memes and even coffee mugs.
- From Red's Lovecraft video. "Mysterious colors, unlike any seen on Earth."
- Moral Event Horizon: In the Frankenstein video, this trope is lampshaded when Victor Frankenstein gets a close family friend condemned and executed for a crime she didn't commit. Because he knows who really did it: the monster he created, and he didn't tell the truth all because he was afraid that it would incriminate himself.Red: Now this is the part where Victor goes from "self-absorbed jerk with no real mind for consequences" to "irredeemable asshole".
- Most Wonderful Sound: Red has a very lovely singing voice, which she's prone to showing off in the credits of her videos.
- Nightmare Fuel: Now has its own page.
- Red is clearly (and understandably) revolted when Phaedra attempts to come on to her stepson Hippolytus.
- Happens again during Selene's incredibly manic, one-sided and questionably consensual relationship with a sleeping Endymion, especially when she conceives 50 children with him.
- When Red has to draw particularly gory scenes, she tends to just censor illustrations of the actions in question, sometimes adding "NOPE" for emphasis.
- The conception of Aphrodite, which involved her emerging fully-formed from the severed testicles of Ouranos. Red describes her as spending the next few millennia showering with a thousand yard stare.
- Tearjerker: Now has its own page.
YMMV / Overly Sarcastic Productions