- When Juno (the Roman version of Hera) summons the Fury Alecto, she shouts "Alecto! I choose you!"
- In the second Journey to the West video, when Red name drops the book for the first time, we hear a familiar voice say "Roll credits!" followed by a *ding*.
- There's a moment in The Journey of Ra recap when spirits are receiving gifts from the living, and one spirit questions why someone is sacrificing playing cards.
- In the episode on Fionn mac Cumhaill, one half of Fionn's Parental Substitute Has Two Mommies situation, the druidess Bodhmall, has a design that looks suspiciously like Huntress Wizard.
- In Dante's Inferno, Red calls the gathering of Homer, Horace, Ovid and Lucan a "veritable dead poets society."
- In the video on Eros and Psyche, when Eros tries to get Aphrodite to leave Psyche alone, Aphrodite answers with "Mother knows best!"
- In episode 4 of Journey to the West when Tripitaka uses the migraine spell the text around him are shout outs. First it's All Star, then it's Never Gonna Give You Up, finally it's The Raven.
Sandy: There's a demon in there.Pigsy: I'm gonna fight it.Sandy: Pigsy no.Pigsy: Pigsy yes!
- In episode 2 it's Bohemian Rhapsody
- In episode 4, when Tripitaka is stuck in the dungeon under the illusion of being a tiger demon, he sings Akon's 'Mr. Lonely'.
- In Episode 4, Pigsy attempts to challenge a powerful demon, and their exchange roughly mirrors one of Vegeta's running gags in Dragon Ball Z Abridged.
- In Episode 6, Red Boy summons the True Fire of Samādhi by chanting the lyrics to "We are Number One".
- Post-episode I, Journey To The West episodes are bookended like they were an episode of Dragon Ball Z, fitting since Goku drew inspiration from the Monkey King in the first place.
- In the video on Anansi, the sky god and master of all stories, Nyame, can be seen watching Black Panther and wondering why Wile E. Coyote never thinks to try and eat something besides the Road Runner.
- In the video on Perseus, Polydectes decides that "Perseus's mom has got it goin' on".
- The video on Huitzilopochtli has a dead Aztec warrior turning into a hummingbird that shouts "Blood for the blood god!"
- In the video on Dionysus, at one point Mycenaean Dionysus says "Don't they know the party don't start 'til I walk in?"
- In the Narcissus video, when describing the fates of the titular characters admirers, Red quotes the chorus of "Without Love".
- In the HP Lovecraft video, in The Dunwich Horror section, when Wilbur skims through the Necromonicon, Nyarlathotep is featured... and drawn as Nyarko-san.
- "History Summarized: Ancient China" has the "China is whole again... then it broke again" clip from history of the entire world, i guess.
- In Blue's video on Bronze Age Mesopotamia, the city of Eridu says that a good city should have layers "like ogres and onions".
- "Blue's Dumb History Tales" includes an appearance from Trogdor the Burninator.
- "History Summarized: The Fall of Rome" portrays Diocletian as Phil Swift. Later on, it compares the division of the empire in to Eastern and Western halves to Phil sawing a boat in half.
- "Classics Summarized: The Iliad" has Red state that Book 10 of the Iliad is "basically a Metal Gear Solid mission". Odysseus, who is primarily responsible for doing all the sneaking, is basically portrayed as Solid Snake in Greek armour, complete with a bandana, beard, cardboard box, and David Hayter impression.
- Eris's character design and colorization in Red's "Miscellaneous Myths: Aphrodite" video wouldn't look out of place in Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas.
Shout Out / Overly Sarcastic Productions