3 Amigonauts (sometimes called The 3 Amigonauts) is a Canadian animated show produced by 9 Story Media Group for YTV. It is the brainchild of Canadian animator Kyle Marshall, who Americans probably know best for his work as a storyboard artist and supervisor - and later head director - for Nickelodeon's hit cartoon The Loud House.
Set in a far-flung future where space travel, extraterrestrials, and highly advanced robots are commonplace, the show follows the titular trio, who are the energetic Herby, the gentle Kirbie (the sole girl of the trio), and the sluggish Burt. As students at the most prestigious space academy in the solar system, these three kids are the truest of pals as well as the biggest goofballs in the entire galaxy. When any task is handled by the 3 Amigonauts, they will be sure to turn it into a madcap intergalactic adventure whether they intended to or not!
The series began in August 2017 and ended in September that same year with a total of 26 episodes divided into 52 11-minute segments.
Provides examples of:
- Arrow Catch: Burt defeats Herby in Friendship ball by catching a rocket and redirecting it back at him.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Averted as Kirbie gets black eyes from scrapes just like the boys. Maybe "half averted" as they always get BOTH eyes bruised while it is only ever one for her.
- Broken Tears: Kirbie in "Das Toot" is isolated from her friends in space due to her bad gas and eventually breaks down weeping from loneliness.
- By the Hair: Herby grapples a dragon's nosehairs to save Crystal.
- Dream Sequence: Not only does Burt have one in "Oh, Beehive!" but the others are aware and use the time to put him in jester shoes.
- Eat Dirt, Cheap: Burt then Herby do this, subverted when Kirbie follows suit she says it isn't dirt, that it is a bun and the planet is a giant hamburger.
- Heroic Lineage: Burt says he comes from "a long line of proud" before he cuts himself off. Either royalty or jesters, considering context.
- Holy Halo: Space cadets have these, physically attached to their heads.
- Huge Girl, Tiny Guy: Kirbie is One Head Taller than Herby.
- Just One Extra Ticket: In "Morphed Than Words" when Herb wins 2 tickets to Spaceys, both Burt and Kirbie want to be his plus one.
- Shaking the Rump: Kirbie does this while saying "I like a little junk in the trunk, don't you?"
- Staircase Tumble: Burt takes one after storming off, mad about jester designation.
- Taking the Bullet: In "Friendship Ball", one of the Donnetes takes a shot aimed for Donnie.
- Talking in Your Sleep: Kirbie in "Ultimate Explorer's Club": "Hello, Mr. Kitten. When did you learn to drive a car?". Then Burt says "Fresh baked cookies... Can't resist" before Herby wakes them with cymbals.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Kirbie's eyelashes, which the boys lack.
- The Smurfette Principle: Kirbie, due to her being the only girl.
- There Can Only Be One:
- Herby when he turns on Kirbie in "Friendship Ball": "I'm sorry Kirby, but there can only be one."
- In "Oh, Beehive!" Burt is told this twice when he asks if he can be king (by Herby), then queen (by Kirbie).
- Toilet Humor: Kirbie is often the focus of this.
- Tongue Trauma: Dennis is bitten on his bacon tongue which is protruding due to his falling scream.