Salma Hayek Pinault (born Salma Valgarma Hayek Jiménez, September 2, 1966 in Coatzacoalcos, Mexico) is a Mexican actress of Spanish and Lebanese ancestry, and is now an American citizen. She's best known from such movies as Desperado, From Dusk Till Dawn, Dogma, Frida (for which she received an Oscar nomination for Best Actress), Bandidas alongside Penélope Cruz and Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant. She also had a recurring role on 30 Rock as one of Jack Donaghy's girlfriends.
She is married to French businessman François-Henri Pinault, and they have one daughter, Valentina, born in 2007.
Salma Hayek's Films with Pages on this Wiki
- Midaq Alley as Alma
- Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico as Carolina.
- From Dusk Till Dawn as Santanico Pandemonium.
- Dogma as Serendipity.
- Fled as Cora.
- Mi Vida Loca as Gata
- Frida as Frida Kahlo.
- The Faculty as Nurse Rosa Harper.
- Bandidas as Sara Sandoval.
- Fools Rush In as Isabel Fuentes Whitman.
- Wild Wild West as Rita Escobar.
- Puss in Boots as Kitty Softpaws (voice).
- Traffic as Rosario (uncredited).
- Ask The Dust as Camilla.
- Across the Universe as the Singing Nurse.
- Everly as Everly.
- Ugly Betty as Sofia Reyes.
- Sausage Party as Teresa del Taco (voice).
- Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant as Madame Truska.
- Savages as Elena.
- Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over as Francesca Giggles
- 30 Rock as Elisa Padriera.
- The Hitman's Bodyguard as Sonia Kincaid.
- Eternals as Ajak
This actress provides examples of:
- Action Girl: She owns multiple men twice her size in the few scenes she has in The Hitman's Bodyguard.
- Buxom Is Better: How Liz Lemon evaluates Jack's girlfriend Elisa (Hayek) on 30 Rock.Liz: If I had knockers like that, I'd be thanking God too.
- The Cameo:
- Fake Nationality:
- In the movie version of In the Time of the Butterflies, she plays Minerva Mirabal, a Dominican revolutionary.
- In 30 Rock, she plays the Puerto Rican nurse Elisa Pedrera.
- Incurable Cough of Death: Ask the Dust has her character die of TB.
- Missing Episode: Follow Me Home, filmed in 1996, still looking for a distributor.
- Ms. Fanservice: In many of her films, even when sporting the unibrow in Frida and just as often poking fun/using her beauty to get ahead, i.e. Serendipity charming idiots into overtipping her during her striptease in Dogma. The main film which does not emphasize fanservice from her at all is the brutal and violent Everly.
- Spicy Latina: One of the most iconic examples. Watch her performances in Fools Rush In and The Hitman's Bodyguard for the most prevalent examples. Dogma is a downplayed example, due to her character being more along the lines of The Smart Guy and thus cooler-headed.
- Surprise Pregnancy: In Fools Rush In, a one-night stand with Matthew Perry leaves her pregnant.
- You Can Leave Your Hat On: In From Dusk Till Dawn, and also in Dogma.