Cameron Michelle Diaz (born August 30, 1972 in San Diego, California) is a retired American actress, former model, and part-time voice actress.
Other high-profile credits include the two Charlie's Angels (2000) films, Bad Teacher, and voicing the character Princess Fiona for the Shrek series. Diaz received Golden Globe Award nominations for her performances in There's Something About Mary, Being John Malkovich, Vanilla Sky, and Gangs of New York.
In 2013, she co-wrote the health book, The Body Book: Feed, Move, Understand and Love Your Amazing Body with Sandra Bark. In 2016, she wrote a second health book called The Longevity Book: The Science of Aging, the Biology of Strength, and the Privilege of Time.
She married Benji Madden, the lead guitarist of Good Charlotte, in 2015. They have a daughter born in 2019.
In 2017, she said she was tired of traveling to film movies, then confirmed her retirement from acting in March 2018.
In 2020, she and her business partner Katherine Power launched an organic wine brand called Avaline.
- The Mask (Tina Carlyle)-1994
- The Last Supper (Jude)-1997
- My Best Friend's Wedding (Kimberly Wallace)-1997
- A Life Less Ordinary (Celine Naville)-1997
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Blonde TV Reporter) -1998
- There's Something About Mary (Mary Jensen)-1998
- Very Bad Things (Laura Garrety-Fisher)-1998
- Being John Malkovich (Lotte Schwartz)-1999
- Any Given Sunday (Christina Pagniacci)-1999
- Charlie's Angels (2000) (Natalie Cook)-2000 to 2003
- Shrek (Princess Fiona)-2001 to 2010
- Vanilla Sky (Julie Gianni)-2001
- The Sweetest Thing (Christina Walters)-2001
- Gangs of New York (Jenny Everdeane)-2002
- In Her Shoes (Maggie Feller)-2006
- The Holiday (Amanda Woods)-2006
- What Happens in Vegas (Joy McNally)-2008
- My Sister's Keeper (Sara Fitzgerald)-2009
- The Box (Norma Lewis)-2009
- Knight and Day (June Havens)-2010
- Bad Teacher (Elizabeth Halsey)-2011
- Gambit (PJ Puznowski)-2012
- What to Expect When You're Expecting (Jules Baxter)-2012
- The Counselor (Malkina)-2013
- In a World... (as herself)-2013
- The Other Woman (Carly Whitten)-2014
- Annie (2014) (Colleen Hannigan)-2014
- Sex Tape (Annie)-2014
Cameron Diaz and her works provide examples of:
- Action Girl: Used in half her movies; for example, Knight and Day and Charlie's Angels (2000).
- Author Appeal: Diaz loves doing crowd sing-alongs in her movies.
- Absolute Cleavage: In Charlie's Angels (2000).
- But Not Too Foreign: Diaz is actually Cuban/Spanish on her father's side of the family, while her mother's side is English and German.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: A few roles.
- The Cutie: A few roles.
- Chick Flick: Half her films.
- Darker and Edgier: Vanilla Sky was a start.
- Dance Party Ending: The vast majority of her comedies feature an ending using this trope. Shrek, There's Something About Mary, and Charlie's Angels (2000), to name a few.
- The Lad-ette: She has done these in There's Something About Mary and the Shrek films. In Any Given Sunday, her father was an American Football team owner and possible ex-player who raised her like she was a guy.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her roles often highlight her good looks. Averted with her role in Being John Malkovich where the crew went to great lengths to downplay her looks.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: There's Something About Mary, The Mask and My Best Friend's Wedding.
- Statuesque Stunner: With her 5'8.5" height and Ms. Fanservice reputation, Diaz definitely qualifies.