Cameron Michelle Diaz (born August 30, 1972 in San Diego, California) is a retired American actress, former model and part time vocal actor.
Other high-profile credits include the two Charlie's Angels (2000) films, Bad Teacher and voicing the character Princess Fiona for the Shrek series. Diaz received Golden Globe award nominations for her performances in There's Something About Mary, Being John Malkovich, Vanilla Sky and Gangs of New York.
In 2016, she announced her retirement from acting.
- The Mask (Tina Carlyle)-1994
- The Last Supper (Jude)-1997
- My Best Friend's Wedding (Kimberly Wallace)-1997
- A Life Less Ordinary (Celine Naville)-1997
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Blonde TV Reporter) -1998
- There's Something About Mary (Mary Jensen)-1998
- Very Bad Things (Laura Garrety-Fisher)-1998
- Being John Malkovich (Lotte Schwartz)-1999
- Charlie's Angels (2000) (Natalie Cook)-2000 to 2004
- Shrek (Princess Fiona)-2001 to 2010
- Vanilla Sky (Julie Gianni)-2001
- The Sweetest Thing (Christina Walters)-2001
- Gangs of New York (Jenny Everdeane)-2002
- In Her Shoes (Maggie Feller)-2006
- The Holiday (Amanda Woods)-2006
- What Happens in Vegas (Joy McNally)-2008
- My Sister's Keeper (Sara Fitzgerald)-2009
- The Box (Norma Lewis)-2009
- Knight and Day (June Havens)-2010
- Bad Teacher (Elizabeth Halsey)-2011
- Gambit (PJ Puznowski) -2012
- What to Expect When You're Expecting (Jules Baxter) -2012
- The Counselor (Malkina) -2013
- In a World... (as herself) -2013
- The Other Woman (Carly Whitten) -2014
- Annie (2014) (Colleen Hannigan) -2014
Cameron Diaz and her works provide examples of:
- Action Girl: Used in half her movies; for example, Knight and Day and Charlie's Angels (2000).
- Author Appeal: Diaz loves doing crowd sing-alongs in her movies.
- Absolute Cleavage: In Charlie's Angels (2000).
- But Not Too Foreign: Diaz is actually Cuban on her father's side of the family while her mother's side is British, German, Russian, and Native American.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: A few roles.
- The Cutie: A few roles.
- Chick Flick: Half her films.
- Darker and Edgier: Vanilla Sky was a start.
- Dance Party Ending: The vast majority of her comedies feature an ending using this trope. Shrek, There's Something About Mary, and Charlie's Angels (2000), to name a few.
- The Lad-ette: She has done these in There's Something About Mary and the Shrek films. In Any Given Sunday, her father was an American Football team owner and possible ex-player who raised her like she was a guy.
- Latino Is Brown: Averted. She is half-Cuban, but has light skin, blond hair, and blue eyes.
- Ms. Fanservice: Often her roles present her as lust object.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: There's Something About Mary, The Mask and My Best Friend's Wedding.
- Statuesque Stunner: With her 5'8.5" height and Ms. Fanservice reputation, Diaz definitely qualifies.