Noah Hawley is an American television writer and producer who created the FX crime/dark-comedy/drama series Fargo based on the Coen Brothers movie of the same name (with inspiration from their other works) in 2014, and later the psychological-superhero-thriller series Legion based on the Marvel comic of the same name three years later. Known for being an incredibly hands-on showrunner, Hawley also wrote the best-selling novel Before the Fall in 2016 while juggling his two shows of vastly differing style. The rights were eventually purchased by Sony, who plan to adapt it into a movie with Hawley himself writing the screenplay. He also announced in 2017 that he would be directing a movie based on Doctor Doom, but with recent Marvel and 20th Century Fox deals, what's on the horizon is anyone's guess.
Works Hawley has been credited in:
- Bones (2005-2008; writer and producer)
- My Generation (2010; creator, writer, and executive producer)
- The Unusuals (2009; creator, writer, and executive producer)
- Fargo (2014-present; creator, writer, and executive producer)
- Legion (2017-present; creator, writer, and executive producer)