List of characters in Nisekoi.
open/close all folders
- Accidental Pervert: Has a tendency to get into embarrassing situations with the female characters.
- The Beard: For Chitoge in order to keep peace between their families. He also does it for Marika when her friend Mikage visits. Then Ruri when she visits her great-grandfather. Then Seishirou when she has to infiltrate a cruise ship for a mission. He does this a lot is what we're saying.
- Becoming the Mask: He comes to develop genuine feelings for Chitoge over time, not that he has realized it yet.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Chitoge.
- Butt Monkey: He gets beat up by Chitoge a lot. In fact, his first meeting with Chitoge began with her knee slamming his face.
- Chick Magnet: He has been all his life.
- Childhood Friend Romance: All the members of his Unwanted Harem are his childhood friends.
- Childhood Marriage Promise: He promised to marry his childhood friend if they ever meet again. It's eventually revealed that he, Chitoge and Kosaki played together as children and he visited Marika in the hospital, and promised all three.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: He was actually very popular with the girls in middle school, but too dense to figure it out. In the present, other than Marika he doesn't really notice anyone else's feelings.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: The pilot version of him KOs Claude with a Megaton Punch to the face. Current Raku doesn't fall behind either. For one, he calls out Tsugumi, a hitman, on her over-protectiveness of Chitoge saying she's nowhere as weak and needing protection as the Beehive group seems to think, gives a Dope Slap to Hana, The Dreaded imposing wife of a gangster boss that she has wrapped around her little finger and that no one in their right mind would piss off, followed by calling her an idiot over her treatment of Chitoge (and succeeds), and talks down the boss of a criminal organization that was Tsugumi's target without even flinching. Butt Monkey he may be, but Raku has massive balls.
- Failed a Spot Check: Chitoge keeps making minor image changes trying to get him to notice her but he keeps ignoring her. Eventually, he fails to even comment on her new ribbon and she blows up at him. He actually did notice her changing her shampoo and wearing chap stick but felt it wouldn't be appropriate as a man to comment. He really did fail to notice the ribbon, though, despite it being by far the most obvious change.
- Forgotten First Meeting: Remembers making a pledge with a young girl regarding his pendant, but can't recall specifically who it was. Made worse by the fact that he did this with more than one girl, further complicating things.
- Hair Decorations: He often wears a "X" shape hair pin.
- Harem Seeker: Gets accused of this because of the number of girls he has attracted to him, making him the most hated guy in school.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Second guesses himself whenever he receives a compliment, especially from Kosaki.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: As if being the son of a gangster boss wasn't bad enough, he's also got to keep up the charade of being Chitoge's boyfriend. Then Haru also hears rumors of him being a maniacal playboy toying with women at the school, and initially refuses to believe he's actually a Nice Guy suffering from Accidental Pervert moments.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: Raku repeatedly writes off any hint that Kosaki could have feelings for him as an impossibility.
- In-Series Nickname: Chitoge likes to call him "bean sprout."
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He can be brash and rude, yet his luck with women probably stems from the fact that no matter how annoying he may find them he still wants them to be happy, and will go through a lot to make sure they are.
- KidAnova: He made promises with not just one, but three girls when he was five.
- Loose Lips: Initially, Raku just can't help denying his relationship with Chitoge, even though it is made very clear to him that his life will be in danger if that relationship is exposed as phony.
- Love Makes You Dumb: His crush on Kosaki can severely affect his rationality, dangerously steer him towards Too Dumb to Live territory. One example is when being in a open-air bath full of women due to Claude's scheme, he manages to find a connecting drain which can get him out undetected. However, he hesitates when the girls gleefully tease Kosaki about who her first love is, making her run to where Raku is and block the exit before he can reach it. He only manages to escape thanks to Chitoge, who berates him for wasting his chance. Even worse, since he subconsciously believes that Kosaki is too good for him, he just assumes that the girl he pines for doesn't return his affections, despite many signs of the contrary.
- Memento MacGuffin: His pendant.
- Mistaken for Cheating: This is why Haru hates him so much at first, believing him to be lusting for her sister while being in a relationship with Chitoge, unaware that said relationship is fake. However, Kosaki isn't actually the only girl he has feelings for...
- Nice Guy: Usually willing to help out other characters with their problems without a second thought. Which is also a big reason why so many of the female characters are attracted to him.
- No Guy Wants an Amazon: He likes feminine women like Kosaki and Marika, and (supposedly) finds Chitoge unattractive for being such a violent "gorilla woman".
- Oblivious to Love: Has a hard time figuring out how the girls feel about him unless they say it to him directly.
- Seems to have trouble seeing love in general, not realizing that Shuu had a crush on their teacher, and easily misunderstanding when Tsugumi was giving Shuu chocolate.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a scar from 10 years ago on the right side of his forehead.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: One of the reasons the girls fall for him is because of his helpful and selfless personality.
- Supreme Chef: He is a great cook. He often makes food for his yakuza subordinates. He can even create new delicious recipes.
- Too Dumb to Live: This guy just can't keep his mouth shut about his fake relationship in order to protect his own life, but has coped better over time. Still, his crush on Kosaki can still cloud his judgement, making his life unnecessarily in danger.
- Tsundere: He can pass a lie detector test saying that he likes Chitoge and without his memory he's very sweet and kind to her. Much to her surprise, he also thinks she's quite pretty, but he would never admit it normally. When Chitoge's mom calls him out on how much he tries to take care of Chitoge he basically just refuses to think about it.
- Twice Shy: With Kosaki.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Kosaki.
- Unwanted Harem: He only admits to liking Kosaki, but is in denial about Chitoge. To make matters worse, he also has to deal with Tsugumi and Marika and he has displayed an attraction to both of them from time to time as well. Eventually, he also gets Kosaki's sister Haru and his childhood friend and new teacher Yui included in his harem.
- What Is This Feeling?: When it seems like Chitoge is going to move away he gets pretty upset and can't figure out why. Shuu tries prodding him, asking why he would be so concerned about her moving away if she's just a friend, causing him to have an epiphany. Shuu should have kept prodding at him, though, since he has the wrong epiphany and is able to convince himself that he's just worried because she's his best friend. Uh huh, right.
- What Does She See in Him?: Suffers from this repeatedly, when new characters wonder why Raku is so popular with the ladies, such as Haru.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Chitoge. Also with Kosaki.
- Yakuza Prince: Son of the leader of the Shuei Yakuza.
Tsundere who has to keep up the charade and is unwilling to reveal these feelings.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: While she is blonde in both the manga and anime, the anime gives her pink highlights at the end of her hair.
- Animal Motifs: Raku associates her with a gorilla.
- The Beard: She is this for Raku to keep the peace between their families. At least until she actually fell in love with him.
- Becoming the Mask: She eventually falls in love with her fake boyfriend Raku for real.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Raku.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Kosaki's Betty and Raku's Archie.
- But Not Too Foreign: Her mom is Japanese while her dad is a white American.
- Cannot Spit It Out: It takes a while for her to even admit her feelings to herself, then she practically has a panic attack trying to confess to a teddy bear as a Raku stand-in.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: At one point she kicks down a wall.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Raku.
- Childhood Friends: With Tsugumi, Raku and Kosaki.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She doesn't take it well when Raku gets too close to other girls, especially Marika, who throws her into this trope when she shows up.
- Compliment Fishing: Decides to try appealing to Raku by using a new shampoo, coloring her nails and wearing chapstick, but he ignores her every time. He did notice, but feels guys shouldn't comment on that kind of thing.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She gradually begins to genuinely care for Raku over time.
- Expressive Accessory: Her bow twitches and perks up depending on her mood.
- Fear of Thunder: Hearing the sound of thunder makes her cower in fright.
- Forgotten First Meeting: Turns out she met Raku, Kosaki, Marika and Yui when they were kids.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Has lots of them stored in her cabinet.
- Hair Decorations: Often wears a red bow. This is due to a storybook from her youth and wanting to be like a girl in it.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Her goal when transferring to Raku's school.
- Informed Attractiveness: She's supposed to look like a supermodel, but since there are Only Six Faces she's not actually drawn significantly more attractive than the other girls.
- Inseries Nickname: Often called a "gorilla" by Raku, due to her tendency to hit him when she's upset. Marika also calls her this during their first meeting.
- It Meant Something to Me: Her feelings towards Raku gradually evolve into this. While he still mostly plays the fake boyfriend role partly out of obligation to his father, and partly because his feelings are mostly towards Kosaki, Chitoge's feelings for him are genuine.
- Lethal Chef: She is not a good cook due to her subordinates not saying how bad she really is under threat of Claude shooting them.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Due to her family she had a lot of trouble making friends as a kid, and even now she becomes super excited about making friends and doing things with them.
- Love Epiphany: During the School Play, Chitoge realizes that she's authentically in love with Raku.
- Mafia Princess: Daughter of the leader of the Beehive Gangsters.
- Meaningful Name: "Chitoge" means "1000 thorns". Describes her irritable tendencies well.
- Megaton Punch: She easily sends Raku flying with a punch.
- Mommy Issues: She and her mother really do love each other a lot, but they both have a hard time expressing it causing their relationship to be very strained.
- New Transfer Student: Transfers in at the 1st chapter.
- Not So Different: With Raku. In every scene they have together they manage to either mimic each other's actions or have exactly the same thoughts.
- Oblivious to Love: She can actually be worse than Raku sometimes. When Tsugumi spelled out her feelings for Raku, Chitoge thought the symptoms resembled a cold.
- Ojou: Is from a rich family.
- Phenotype Stereotype: She has blonde hair and blue eyes from her father.
- Primal Fear: She has a crippling fear of darkness and cramped places, though bickering with Raku can apparently snap her out of it.
- Rapunzel Hair: Not quite as extreme as some other examples, but her slightly-longer-than-waist-length hair does stand out against the undoubtedly more realistic take on hair this series uses.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Tsugumi, then develops this with Kosaki as well.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Not that she is bad looking at any point, but when she tries to look nice there aren't many who wouldn't be moved.
- Shorttank: She has the classic shorttank relationship with Raku.
- Spoiled Sweet: As Ruri puts it, "even though she's a rich girl, there's not a single egotistic bone in her body".
- Town Girls: The Neither to Kosaki's and Marika's Femme and Tsugumi's Butch.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Ramen.
- Tsundere: She's abrasive, haughty and violent to Raku when she actually doesn't hate him as much as she claims. She continues to act the same even after actually falling in love with him, resulting in herself lampshading her inability to be honest about her feelings.
- Unprovoked Pervert Payback: Poor Raku...
- "Well Done, Daughter!" Girl: Chitoge feels this way towards her mother due to Hana's extreme work schedule taking up all of her time other than during Christmas.
- When She Smiles: Raku is so used to her being very violent towards him that the few times she does genuinely smile around him, it throws him off.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Raku.
- Zettai Ryouiki: An impressive Grade A. She wears them with almost all of her outfits.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Chitoge's Veronica and Raku's Archie.
- Butt Monkey: Feels like one towards Ruri due to her constant attempts to hook her up with Raku.
- Cannot Spit It Out: She gets opportunity after opportunity to tell Raku how she feels about him, but never takes the chance. Even if she does try to confess, something will prevent her message from getting through to him.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Raku.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Her defining trait. It was even how she first met Raku, at least in middle school, since neither remembered their time together during childhood.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: Happens quite often with her, though people rarely hear it.
- Everyone Can See It: It's obvious to everyone besides Raku and Chitoge that she has a crush on the former.
- Forgotten First Meeting: She turns out to be Raku's, Chitoge's, Marika's and Yui's childhood friend.
- Friend to All Living Things: Animals love her, people too. She even managed to befriend all of her love rivals.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Ruri, who has been a close friend since middle school. They're so close that they can understand each other's thoughts with a glance.
- High-Pressure Emotion: Steam comes out of her head when she gets extremely embarrassed.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: She constantly questions if someone like Raku could have feelings for her.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: When Raku and Chitoge announce their "relationship", she's willing to give up on Raku as long as he's happy.
- Lethal Chef: Her food looks nice and she has the best taste buds of her family but she can't make anything tasty unless she tries really hard or is really depressed.
- Nice Girl: Sweet and demure to a fault.
- No, Except Yes: Her response to Raku asking if she was giving him love chocolate. It was obligatory chocolate, just a "special" kind of obligatory chocolate. Raku is predictably confused, but understandably in this case.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: Like several of the other girls, she's been waiting for Raku. Despite many opportunities popping up, she's still unable to admit her feelings to him.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Ruri.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Haru.
- Tareme Eyes: Huge, gentle eyes.
- Town Girls: One of the two Femmes to Tsugumi's Butch and Chitoge's Neither.
- Twice Shy: With Raku.
- Unknown Rival: Chitoge has no idea that Kosaki also likes Raku. Kosaki usually worries that Raku's and Chitoge's feelings for each other aren't fake after all (and she's right).
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Raku.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Raku.
Voiced by: Mikako KomatsuChitoge's childhood friend, Claude's protégée and a deadly hitman.
- Action Girl: Tsugumi is a hitman. As such, she's in top physical condition and skilled in a variety of weaponry.
- Allergic to Love: Once she begins to develop feelings for Raku, she freaks out when he barely touches her shoulder and later after analyzing her "symptoms", she assumes she must be sick.
- A-Team Firing: She fails to land a single hit on Raku during their scuffle despite her training and being in the open.
- Battle Butler: Plays this role towards Chitoge.
- Beauty Mark: Has one beneath the corner of her right eye.
- Bifauxnen: Due to her Tomboyish Name and her tendency to wear clothing intended for men, practically everyone mistakes her for a pretty boy. Claude still hasn't figured out that she's a girl after knowing her for ten years. Tsugumi isn't really bothered by it so she usually doesn't correct people about her gender.
- Bodyguard Crush: She's very devoted to Chitoge, to high Les Yay levels.
- Boyish Short Hair: Has very short hair, befitting her tomboyish personality.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: A lifetime of training has crafted the perfect human weapon in Tsugumi. Despite having a deceptively slim figure, she is capable of amazing feats of strength.
- Chaste Heroine: Oblivious of anything related to romance. She doesn't even know what a love letter is and has no knowledge about Valentine's Day.
- Childhood Friend Romance: She also was friends with Raku when she was a child.
- Childhood Friends: With Chitoge.
- Clingy Jealous Girl:
- One of the reasons she didn't accept Raku as Chitoge's boyfriend is that Tsugumi thought she was the one who was supposed to protect Chitoge and love her the most.
- Like Chitoge, she falls into this trope when Marika shows up. She doesn't want to see her anywhere near Raku.
- She doesn't take it well when Paula challenges her to a contest, in which they have to see who can kiss Raku first. The thought of Paula stealing a kiss from Raku upsets her so much that it triggers her "Black Tiger" persona to reawaken.
- Conflicting Loyalty: She wants to protect Chitoge and ensure she's happy with Raku. Unfortunately Tsugumi is also in love with him, and is conflicted between her loyalty towards Chitoge and her love for Raku at times. She usually responds to this crisis by throwing things at, hitting, or shooting him. Paula forces this issue during their "kissing contest" in episode 2 of season 2, by seeing which of the two can kiss Raku first.
- Cool Big Sis: Paula considers her this, at the very least.
- Covert Pervert: Despite convincing herself that Raku belongs to Chitoge, she just can't help fantasizing herself being Raku's mistress.
- Cuteness Proximity
- D-Cup Distress: She's very uncomfortable with her large breasts, as seen in episode 18, especially because Chitoge made her wear a skimpy swimsuit. Both Chitoge and Marika groping her shortly afterwards didn't help much.
- Declaration of Protection: To Chitoge.
- Even the Girls Want Her: After Seishirou is discovered to be a girl by the students, one of the boys mentions that the girls should stop paying attention to her now. Unfortunately for them, the girls still fawn over her, and rush over shortly after he says that.
- Gag Boobs: Her bust, being the biggest among the main female cast, is used as a source of humor from time to time.
- Girliness Upgrade: Became more feminine after her initial appearance.
- Girls Are Really Scared of Horror Movies: Even though she is a hitman, she is afraid of scary things.
- Forgotten First Meeting
- Hair Decorations: Wears a ribbon given to her by Chitoge so that people don't mistake her for a guy.
- Hidden Buxom: Wears clothes that hide how large her bust really is, then stops as the series goes on.
- Hidden Weapons: Often carry hidden weapons on her when wearing boys clothes to the point of Hammerspace.
- High-Pressure Emotion: Like Kosaki, she can also suffer from this under similar circumstances.
- In Love with the Mark: With Raku.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She's okay with Raku being with Chitoge. However, she tends to fantasize about herself being Raku's "mistress", and doesn't like the idea of him ending up with someone else, especially Marika.
- Last Name Basis: Most of her friends call her by her last name since her first name is masculine.
- New Transfer Student: Transfers in at Chapter 15/Episode 7.
- One Woman Army: According to Chitoge, Seishirou singlehandedly destroyed a whole gang after some of its members harassed the former.
- Raised as the Opposite Gender: She was an abandoned child that Claude found. He took her in, but he thought she was a boy, so he named her and raised her as such.
- Red Baron: She is known as "Black Tiger" in the underworld.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Chitoge.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Looks boyish and prefers male clothing, but is guaranteed to make heads turn when dolled up.
- Super-Strong Child: She can break a concrete pillar with a single kick.
- Supreme Chef: Raku compliments her cooking in episode 2 of season 2, to the point that he says she'd make a good wife someday. She immediately starts her Tsundere charade with him.
- Tomboyish Name: Has a boy's name due to Claude thinking that she's a boy. Note that even after ten years and throughout the series, he still hasn't figured out.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She's very masculine, prefers male clothing and doesn't care that people mistake her for a boy, but she still has a penchant for cute little things.
- Town Girls: The Butch to Kosaki's and Marika's Femme and Chitoge's Neither.
- Transfer Student Uniforms
- Tsundere: She says she absolutely hates Raku and doesn't want him to be anywhere near her. Don't pay attention to all the blushing nor the way she gets flustered when he does something nice for her.
- Tsurime Eyes: Focused and sharp, just like Tsugumi herself.
- Undying Loyalty: Her whole life is devoted to Chitoge.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Raku eventually finds out her gender on his own by taking her wet clothes off after they both fell in a pool, and Chitoge plainly tells everyone Seishirou is a girl.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: None of the students question why Tsugumi was packing firearms during her fight with Raku.
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: She's dumbfounded by the concept of love.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Of the "it's easier to move around in men's clothing" type.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Voiced by: Kana AsumiRaku's self-proclaimed fiancée and the daughter of the police commissioner.
- Accent Relapse: Her native backwater-sounding dialect is completely at odds with the cultured persona she cultivates, so she takes great care to speak like the others. It reverts when she's completely flustered, becomes angry, or being visited by a childhood friend from her home.
- Animals Hate Her: And she's also scared of them due to a traumatic experience in her childhood involving hamsters.
- Bad Liar: Normally when asked about her past she feigns ignorance and avoids the question, but if forced to lie, it's often extremely obvious.
- Beneath the Mask: Presents herself as refined, feminine and elegant, but beneath that she's pretty goofy, has an accent that embarrasses her if she forgets to cover it up and is fond of sniping at her love rivals.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Acts sweet and feminine, but is rather crafty.
- Book Dumb: Definitely not stupid, but her ability to study is pretty poor due to her focus on becoming the perfect woman for Raku, and she will even sabotage her own chance to pass if it means getting more time to spend with him.
- Childhood Friend Romance: She has been in love with Raku since she was little and unlike Chitoge and Kosaki, it doesn't take a while for her to recognize him.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Tends to act in this way as much as Chitoge does when they first meet.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Has been taking intensive training in cooking to cultivate her "ideal woman" image.
- Flower in Her Hair: Wears a flower pin on the right side of her head.
- Foil: Marika serves as a foil to Kosaki. Both are girly girls head over heels for Raku, but, unlike Kosaki, Marika has no problem being completely open about her feelings, aggressively pursuing him, whereas Kosaki usually needs Ruri's help to summon any courage.
- Forgotten First Meeting: Another forgotten childhood friend of Raku. Marika doesn't take it well when she finds out Raku forgot about her after she devoted her whole life to him. However, it's her own fault: She acts completely differently from when they were children, so when she actually displays her real personality he instantly remembers her. She was also friends-ish with Chitoge, Onodera and Tsugumi back then, but seemingly spent more time with Raku thanks to her illness.
- Genre Savvy: She seems to know about Chitoge's antics, and believes Raku is being forced into that relationship.
- Girly Girl: Became like this to be Raku's ideal woman.
- The Glomp: Enjoys doing this to Raku.
- Hopeless Suitor: The manga is built around Raku and Chitoge's relationship, in the present he believes himself to be in love with Onodera and considers Tsugumi highly attractive at the very least. However, he's generally uncomfortable about Marika because of how pushy she is, not wanting to consider her more than a friend.
- Ill Girl: Has a weak constitution and spent a good chunk of her childhood in a hospital. It's hinted occasionally that her condition may be worse than it appears, which could explains why she pursues Raku so aggressively.
- Jerkass: Can be quite harsh when dealing with her rivals for Raku's attention, or anybody who isn't Raku for that matter. At one point she mocks Chitoge like usual when she's already at an emotional low point, but to her credit she actually seems happy when Chitoge doesn't have to move away after all even if she won't admit it.
- Kansai Regional Accent: When she gets riled up.
- Keigo: Usually speaks very formally, as part of her refined image.
- Kick the Dog: When Chitoge his horrified and depressed about apparently having to move away Marika takes the time to mock her about it.
- Large Ham: She tends to do this from time to time, especially when she meets up with Raku again in high school.
- Like You Were Dying: A big reason for her obsession with making sure people remember her.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: Grew her hair out specifically because Raku likes girly girls with long hair.
- Love Confession: She's not afraid to let Raku know she's interested in him.
- New Transfer Student: Transfers in at the Chapter 33/Episode 14.
- No Sense of Personal Space: She grabs Raku whenever she gets a chance.
- Plucky Girl: Totally dedicated to cultivating her "refined" image and be a woman worthy of Raku. Hence, she undertakes every kind of training and work she feels necessary for achieving those goals. She also manages to resist a love potion's effect through sheer willpower.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Mikage Shinohara is probably the only person, sans Raku and her father, whose opinion Marika actually cares about.
- Secret Keeper: While it's clear she doubts the legitimacy of Raku's and Chitoge's relationship, she doesn't make any outright moves to reveal the truth to everyone else (though she will still shamelessly flirt with him). However it appears she is the one with the most to hide in regards to what happened 10 years prior, being the one who has the clearest recollection of the promise everybody is trying to figure out.
- Self-Proclaimed Love Interest: Claims to be Raku's fiancée when she's first introduced.
- Short Hair with Tail: Most of her hair only reaches her chin, but two long "tails" are grown out on both sides.
- Single-Target Sexuality: She has been in love with Raku all her life, never showing the slightest interest in anyone else. Of the girls that took the Love Potion that caused them to fall for Seishirou, she is the only one able to resist.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: She seems to actually enjoy being this to the other girls, especially Chitoge and Tsugumi.
- Also with Yui who enjoys teasing and messing with Marika, but actually adores her. Marika, on the other hand, despises Yui.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Marika's dedication to Raku is excessive to say the least.
- Stalker with a Crush: She's rather obsessed with Raku and grabs him whenever she gets a chance, and she implies she put a tracker on him on some point.
- Supreme Chef: Capable of making extravagant meals that both look and taste good. She says she has been honing her cooking skills for his sake. She even has a license for puffer fish preparation, something heavily regulated and quite difficult to obtain since the slightest misstep in preparing said fish can be literally lethal.
- The Tease: Loves to do this towards Raku. She takes it up a notch anytime Chitoge is watching just to get a reaction out of her.
- While she is certainly good at giving it, she is easily flustered when someone else manages to tease her, or Raku does his usual thing.
- Third-Option Love Interest: Marika's introduction further complicates the love triangle into a love square.
- Town Girls: One of the two Femmes to Tsugumi's Butch and Chitoge's Neither.
- Transfer Student Uniforms: Wears a seifuku from her old school.
- Troll: She enjoys forcing Raku into embarrassing situations and annoying her love rivals.
- Tsundere: Attempts to be this in one chapter, she couldn't handle it very well.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Marika loses her usual demeanor as Raku delivers a stream of Armor Piercing Questions about not remembering who she was and only having vague memories of the meeting ten years ago. She lambastes him, stating everything she's done for him in the last ten years, such as thinking about him every day and growing her hair longer because he said he didn't like girls with short hair.
Voiced by: Koji Fujiyoshi (vomic), Yuuki Kaji (anime)Raku's bespectacled best friend.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Ruri.
- Bromantic Foil: To Raku, being the extroverted, perverted goofball to highlight his calmer, introspective friend.
- Butt Monkey: Gets this treatment from several of the characters, usually Ruri or Raku.
- Camera Fiend
- Cat Smile: Often has one, especially if something perverted is going on.
- The Chew Toy: Shuu winds up on the wrong end of a lot of abuse, especially from Ruri.
- Chivalrous Pervert: As shameless and obnoxious as he is about being a pervert, he does gently reject a girl for confessing to him since he doesn't return her feelings and it wouldn't be fair to her. He even thanks her for having the courage to confess.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Is often treated like this.
- The Gadfly: Has readily admitted that he sometimes purposely annoys people for his own amusement.
- Genki Guy: He's always full of energy.
- Hot for Teacher: Has a crush on his homeroom teacher, Kyoko. After she rejects him, he says he needs some time to move on.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his constant teasing, Shuu is quick to notice if any of his "friends" are hiding something or feeling down, and in his own way will try to help.
- Megane: He actually seems to be proud of his glasses, acting as if they give him special privileges.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: He's actually quite observant and perceptive, but prefers to act like a goof most of the time.
- Oblivious to Love: Despite being rather perceptive of people's feelings, he seems to not have noticed Ruri's growing attraction to him. Although, granted, her expressions of Belligerent Sexual Tension are as outwardly antagonistic as her initial hostility toward him.
- Shipper on Deck: He tends to support the Raku X Chitoge ship, though he doesn't seem to mind watching the other girls go after Raku as well.
- Stepford Smiler: Part of his tendency to not let his actual feelings show that much, he went around smiling and acting cheerful when he learned Kyoko-sensei was getting married and retiring. Raku saw through it and mentioned that he'd had said tendency since he was a little boy, and literally kicked Shu's butt into gear to do something about it.
Voiced by: Yumi UchiyamaKosaki's bespectacled best friend.
- Academic Athlete: She gets pretty good grades and is also the best swimmer of the school swim club. It's revealed in Chapter 102 that she has broken several swimming records during middle school and is known as "The Mermaid."
- Agitated Item Stomping: Except the "item" tends to be a guy who annoyed her; usually does this to Shuu, though Raku was also subjected to stomping after an Accidental Pervert moment.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Shuu.
- Beautiful All Along: With her hair down and without her glasses, she is as attractive as the main female characters.
- Blind Without 'Em: Without her glasses, she has a hard time seeing and distinguishing things.
- Brutal Honesty: Ruri has zero brain-to-mouth filter, and will criticize Kosaki's lack of progress with Raku every chance she gets.
- Don't Call Me Sir: She doesn't like to be called "ojou-sama" by her great-grandfather's servants.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: She usually encourages Kosaki to force herself on Raku.
- First-Person Smartass: Ruri has plenty to say, but only the audience ever gets to hear it.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Kosaki, who has been a close friend to Ruri since middle school. The two are so close that they can communicate without saying a word.
- Meganekko: The one trait Maiko loves to remind her that they share.
- Ojou: Actually comes from a very wealthy family, whose family compound in the country is even bigger than Raku's or Chitoge's house.
- Perpetual Frowner: Ruri does not smile.
- Rapunzel Hair: It reaches her knees!
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Kosaki.
- Satellite Character: To Kosaki. Ruri essentially functions as Kosaki's conscience and someone to bounce her thoughts off of.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Raku is quite stunned to see her in a kimono.
- Shipper on Deck: She aggressively ships Kosaki x Raku.
- The Stoic: She always carries a subdued demeanor, rarely ever projecting strong emotions.
- Stoic Spectacles
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She mostly comes off as cold, blunt and harsh, but she has a very apparent soft spot for those she cares about.
- Tsundere: She calls Shuu a "complete voyeur-camera perverted scum" and gets furious when someone jokes about the possibility that there might be something going on between her and him. Still, she clearly has a thing for him, not that she's going to admit it.
- Tsurime Eyes: Her eyes are perpetually stuck as such.
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?
- When She Smiles: Played with. Shuu gives her a picture he secretly snapped of a rare candid moment of her smiling right after she regretted not smiling in the last photo of her with her grandfather just before he died. It's quietly hinted that Shuu liked seeing that side of her.
Yui KanakuraRaku's childhood friend who is a couple of years older than him, the don of a Chinese organization and the main cast's new homeroom teacher. She is also the holder of the fourth, and supposed last, key.
- Bedmate Reveal: Has a "habit" to seek into Raku's bed.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Raku.
- Childhood Friends: With Raku, Chitoge, Kosaki, Tsugumi, and Marika.
- Child Prodigy: Was able to complete college by the age of fifteen and is a fully licensed teacher at nineteen, only two years older than the students in her class.
- Cool Big Sis
- The Don: Of a Chinese triad.
- Dreadful Musician: She's revealed to have a singing voice so horrible it can cause people to faint.
- Flower in Her Hair
- The Gadfly: Enjoys messing with people, especially Raku and Marika.
- The Glasses Gotta Go
- Hot for Student: For Raku.
- Hot Teacher: She is only nineteen.
- Innocent Cohabitation: With Raku.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Sensei-chan: More because of her young age.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Enjoys teasing Marika a lot.
Shuei Yakuza GroupA gang of Yakuza, lead by Raku's father.
Voiced by: Kenichi OgataLeader of the Shuei Yakuza Group.
- No Name Given: What's his given name again?
- Odd Friendship: Drinking buddies with Commissioner Tachibana.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He doesn't try to hinder Raku too much, and usually seems agreeable to anything his son is doing.
Voiced by: Nobuyuki HiyamaOne of the group's subordinates.
- Large Ham: The number of times he speaks in a calm voice can be counted on one hand.
- Rugged Scar: Has a scar over his face.
- Tattooed Crook: Has a tattoo on his right shoulder.
- Undying Loyalty: To Raku and his father.
Beehive GangA gang a mafia from America, led by Chitoge's father.
Adelt Kirisaki Wogner
Voiced by: Masashi EbaraThe leader of the Bee Hive Gang and Chitoge's father.
- Be Careful What You Say: At the end of Chapter 158, Adelt jokes to Chitoge that she really has fallen in love with Raku. Chitoge, being what she is, embarrassedly denies it on the spot and runs away. Being the Genre Savvy guy that he is, he figures out that his joke was actually spot on. Which makes him feel horribly guilty because they're preparing to leave for America, and that Raku and Chitoge don't need to act like fake lovers anymore.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Was this to Hana.
- Henpecked Husband: Being a powerful gangster boss does not mean he can escape his wife's wrath. Raku quickly learns why his wife is The Dreaded around him and Chitoge, in addition to the regular gang members.
- Love at First Sight: He fell in love with Hana when he first saw her walking nonchalantly during a shootout delivering pizza and he proposed to her right on the spot.
- Tranquil Fury: When he gets serious, Adelt can be so intimidating without raising his voice that even Claude has to yield under pressure.
Voiced by: Megumi ToyoguchiChitoge's mom, a CEO. However her control over companies worldwide is on another level.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: She had Chitoge when she was young and still looks like she's in her twenties.
- Armor-Piercing Question: To Raku. "Are your feelings for my daughter truly fake?"
- Badass: She even makes her gang leader husband nervous.
- Broken Ace: She may be a powerful, unmatched genius in any field she puts herself to, managing companies and having the Beehive under her thumb due to sheer force of presence and even being inhumanly powerful... But just like her daughter, she has trouble telling her true feelings to others, and is suffering due to not being able to spend time with her family.
- Cry Cute: When she finally comes to terms with her love of Chitoge.
- The Dreaded: Everyone who knows her is afraid of her. Raku quickly finds out why on his first meeting with her, and being volunteered to be her secretary for a couple of days.
- Omniglot: She can hold a conversation in 5 languages.
- Oral Fixation: Often has a chocolate cigarette in her mouth. This is because she stop smoking when she had Chitoge.
- Red Baron: Known as "Madam Flower" to the Beehive Gang.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She loves her daughter a lot, but she's also too cool and distant to show it.
- When You Coming Home, Mom?: She is often traveling around the world and only comes home during Christmas.
Voiced by: Takehito KoyasuChitoge's primary bodyguard.
- Bodyguard Crush: His obsession with Chitoge can be interpreted as this.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: The driving force behind his desire to expose Raku and Chitoge's fake relationship.
- In-Series Nickname: Raku strictly refers to him as "Megane".
- Jerkass: His one Pet the Dog moment aside, there's nothing remotely close to a good trait about this guy.
- Pet the Dog: He is the closest thing to a villain this series has, but even so, he did take in and raise an orphan Tsugumi. That's about the one redeemable thing he ever did in the series.
- Relationship Sabotage: Extremely dedicated to this.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Often have these when trying bring down Raku.
- Selective Obliviousness: For such a professional like him, it never crosses his mind that Seishirou may actually be a girl, even after she decides to wear a ribbon.
- Stalker with a Crush: If putting Chitoge's portrait right next to him when eating or having a nosebleed when looking at her in a bikini through his binoculars is any indication.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Well...he wants Chitoge's well-being...but he is far too possessive and obsessed with her for his intentions to be even considered remotely good, and it's very clear he's nothing but a negative influence on Chitoge's life because of that.
- White Hair, Black Heart: His schemes to bring Raku down come from sheer possessiveness and pettiness rather than desire to protect Chitoge.
Voiced by: Manami NumakuraTsugumi's fellow hitman. She wants Tsugumi's approval and tries to help her make progress with Raku. Unfortunately, she's alarmingly incompetent at everything apart from being a hitman and is easily frightened.
- Action Girl: Is a hitman.
- A-Cup Angst: She is jealous that Tsugumi has bigger breasts than her.
- Afraid of Needles: Hates getting shots the most.
- Animal Motifs: Raku compares her to a frightened cat when she climbs high places in order to not get a shot.
- Badass Cape: Has one to hold her weapons.
- Book Dumb: She even gets zeroes.
- Bullying a Dragon: Her attempt to "reawaken" the "Black Tiger" in Tsugumi with her kissing contest in episode 2 of season 2. Tsugumi essentially delivers a Curb-Stomp Battle to Paula, and "wins" by an Indirect Kiss with him. She later gives Paula a Death Glare so scary the latter decides to drop her protest on the win.
- Establishing Character Moment: In the anime, her first meeting with Tsugumi in episode 2 of season 2 starts with both girls shooting at each other. Raku attempts to stop the gun fight, but gets kicked by Tsugumi instead.
- Girls Are Really Scared of Horror Movies: Even though she is a hitman, she is afraid of scary things.
- Hair Decorations: Has a hairband that has ribbons on it.
- Hidden Weapons: Hides her weapons in her cape.
- I Have Many Names: She has multiple nicknames in the underworld.
- I Have the High Ground: Whenever she wants to be alone, she always go to high places. Her first appearance has her standing atop of a smokestack.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: She was a pretty competent hitman. But compared to Tsugumi, she was completely outclassed, and ends up viewing her more like The Rival.
- Picky Eater: Vegetables, tomatoes and shitake mushrooms are things she hates to eat.
- Red Baron: She is known as "White Fang" to the Beehive Gang.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Often wears a scarf.
- Shipper on Deck: For Tsugumi x Raku.
- Super Drowning Skills: Can't swim.
Police ForceThe local police force, led by Marika's father.
Voiced by: Fumihiko TachikiMarika's father.
- Achey Scars: His scar pulsates when he sees Raku's face because it reminds him of his father.
- Doting Parent: Cares a lot about his daughter, according to Marika.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a rugged scar given to him by Raku's father.
- Odd Friendship: Drinking buddies with Raku's yakuza father.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Which scare Raku to no end.
- Worthy Opponent: Considers Raku's father this, hence the Odd Friendship above.
Voiced by: You TaichiMarika's overseer.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Her hair covers her left eye.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Does a "Shining Wizard"note to Migisuke when he proposed to her in chapter 112.
Voiced by: Takahiro SakuraiThe captain of the first riot police squad.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Honda.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He isn't the type to cause trouble when off-duty, and understands that it couldn't be helped that Raku was born into a yakuza family.
Onodera familyA normal Japanese family who runs a sweet shop, ruled by Kosaki's mother
Voiced by: Sayaka OharaKosaki's and Haru's mom.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Raku himself lampshaded that she looked more like Kosaki's older sister.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Kosaki and Haru are not amused by her attempts to get Raku to be her son-in-law or her underhanded plans for getting more business for their store.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a scrunchy.
- Serious Business: Japanese sweets. Considers Japanese-Western fusion heresy, and is willing to embarass her daughters to get more customers.
- Shipper on Deck: For her daughters to Raku so he can inherit her sweets business.
Voiced by: Ayane SakuraKosaki's little sister.
- Birds of a Feather: She and Raku have a similar taste in things, to the point where the only reason they don't get along is because of her initial misunderstandings.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Oh so much. Granted, she's only a year younger than the protagonists, but her immaturity and irrationality make up for that. She eventually gets better thanks to Character Development.
- Cousin Oliver
- Defrosting Ice Queen: At first, she treats Raku with nothing but irrational and petty contempt. Once she gets over her misunderstandings, she opens up to him and instead becomes more of a Tsundere only to him.
- Hair Decorations: Wears hair clips and has a scrunchy holding her side ponytail.
- Hate at First Sight: Haru instantly hates Raku based on her own assumptions. The fact that he accidentally sees her panties twice the first day they meet does not help either.
- Idiot Hair
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She eventually realizes she has a crush on Raku, but decides to support her sister instead and let them be happy together. Zig-zagged in that while she's made several attempts to officially "give up" on him, she gets interrupted and falls in love with him every time.
- Loves My Alter Ego: She's in love with the "prince" who saved her from a gang, but she doesn't know and refuses to believe he is actually Raku. She eventually realizes those two people are one, and has trouble abandoning her love with Raku for the sake of her sister since then.
- Matchmaker Crush: She decides to support her sister's relationship with Raku, but there's the issue of her own feelings for him.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Doesn't want Raku to be with her sister at first due to a misunderstanding. After realizing Raku is a really nice guy and that her sister likes him, she decides to support their relationship.
- No Sense of Direction: Sometimes she can't even tell what floor she is on in a mall even though there is a sign.
- Rescue Romance: She loves the "prince" (Raku) who saved her from a gang.
- Secret Secret Keeper: She eventually figures out that Raku and her prince are the same person, but she still pretends she doesn't know around Raku.
- Senpai Kohai: She's a kohai to all the main cast.
- Shipper on Deck: After learning she misjudged Raku she tries to get him and her sister together; though that gets complicated because of the Sibling Triangle.
- Sibling Triangle: She has fallen in love with Raku, just like her sister.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Kosaki.
- Took a Level in Kindness: In her first appearances, she comes off as an irrational and bitchy little brat, but thanks to some Character Development she eventually becomes nicer. She's still short-tempered, but more in a typical Tsundere way.
Yoshizou MiyamotoRuri's doting great-grandfather.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Great-grandfather
- Big Fancy House
- Doting Great-grandfather
- Killed Off for Real: After bluffing Ruri into doing things for him for years with fake illnesses, Yoshizou finally succumbs to old age and dies.
Char Siu Group
IeYui's personal bodyguard.
- Anime Chinese Girl
- If You Ever Do Anything to Hurt Her...: She warns Raku that if he ever makes Yui cry, she will kill him.
- Odango Hair
- Older Than She Looks
- The Quiet One
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Yui x Raku.
- The Stoic
Voiced by: Hitomi NabatameThe teacher of Raku's class. She later left when she marries.
Mikage ShinoharaMarika's junior-high school friend.
- Genki Girl: This girl must inhale sugar every morning.
- Lipstick Lesbian
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: She is very concerned about Marika and her life, Marika herself is shown to care a great deal about Mikage.
- Schoolgirl Lesbian: Practically salivates over the girls in the series, and is implied to be in love with Marika.
- Secret Keeper: Knows some important things about Marika's past but agrees to keep them secret.
- Took a Level in Kindness: She used to lead a pack of bullies against Marika when they first met, but they are now best friends.
Voiced by: Kotori KoiwaiHaru's best friend and classmate.
- Schoolgirl Lesbian: Has shown a pretty obvious attraction to Haru.
- Shipper on Deck: Despite her own attraction she is more than willing to support Haru/Raku whether Haru likes it or not.
- Yandere: After finding out Raku has seen Haru's underwear, she demands to meet him while making a very scary face.