Pictures of Edd, Tom, Matt and Tord by ScaredyAsh006, used with permission.
- Adorkable: With the exeption of Tord, they where all like this at some time (Edd is the prime example, Tom was before he Took a Level in Jerkass, and Matt has recently been shown these traits, like in Hide and Seek, and Fun Dead).
- Aerith and Bob: Edd, Matt and Tom are all very common names in the Anglosphere, but "Tord" is likely to sound much more unusual and exotic to English-speakers' ears. Subverted in that it's actually a very common name in his native Norway.
- Author Avatar: The main characters are based off of Edd and his friends; TomSka, Matt and Tord.
- As Himself: Up to Edd's death this was the case, and then it got complicated. When stepping down as the showrunner and Tom the character's VA Ridgewell made it clear that the characters at that point are separate entities from the actors.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: While it isn't hard to tell them apart in the first place, they all have differently-colored hoodies to further tell them apart. Edd wears green, Tom wears blue, Matt wears purple (though he also is usually seen wearing a green overcoat) and Tord wears red.
- Flat Character: All four of them were more or less indistinguishable from one another, but they eventually became more defined around the time Tord left.
- Four-Philosophy Ensemble: Edd is the Optimist, Matt is the Realist, Tom is the Cynic, Tord was the Apathetic.
- Improbable Weapon User: When it comes to brawl, they'll grab whatever is close to them. Sometimes it's a shotgun, sometimes it's a mop.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: They are never seen working. Edd is implied to be an artist, (like his real life counterpart) but is rarely seen drawing anything.
- Pungeon Master: Edd takes the cake, but Matt and Tom also drop a pun every once in a while.
- True Companions: They live in one house and usually treat each other with respect. Emphasis on usually.
The unofficial leader of the quartet/trio who wears a green hoodie, an optimistic artist fond of cola, bacon and puns.Voiced by: Edd Gould (2004-2012), Tim Hautekiet (2012-present)
- Adorkable: Can be like this.
- Berserk Button: Don't take the last can of coke.... unless you like a shotgun to the face.
- Character Outlives Actor: Sadly.
- Curtains Match the Window: Has brown eyes in a few fanarts.
- Driven to Suicide: Twice. Once in "This World of Edd" and then again in "WTFuture" (see Future Edd's bio for details). Both times played for laughs. Both times are less funny now.
- A Day in the Limelight: Edd's Tales of Boredom.
- Future Me Scares Me: See Future Edd's bio for details.
- The Nth Doctor: The VA change is explained by Edd getting accidentally zapped by a voice changer gun in "Space Face".
- Pungeon Master: Usually the first one to throw out a dumb pun when the situation calls for it.
- Sanity Ball: Passed between him and Tom.
- Temporarily a Villain: In Tord's Adventure. Until the end.
- Token Good Teammate: Much kinder than his friends. As long as you don't steal the last can of coke.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cola, bacon or bacon cola.
The sarcastic bitter eyeless alcoholic in a blue hoodie. Resident Jerkass and voice of reason, whenever Edd doesn't fulfill that role.Voiced by: Tom Ridgewell
- The Alcoholic: Sent to rehab once because of it.
- Better to Die Than Be Killed: Chooses to be Impaled with Extreme Prejudice by his own stake gatling gun than let Vampire Matt bite him in Matt Sucks.Matt: Now that's just not fair.
- Beyond the Impossible: How he was born. His mom's a bowling ball and his dad's a pineapple.
- Big "NO!": After Edd attacks Future Edd with Tom's bass guitar. Pictured to the right.
- Big Ol' Unibrow: Used to have one.
- Berserk Button: Christmas, Diet Smirnoff, eye-related puns, destroying his guitar.
- Butt Monkey: Usually was the punching bag of the gang in the earlier shorts, and was dealt the most physical abuse of the four; not quite as much from 2009 onward. When Tord comes back he's snapped back into this role and hates every second of it.
- Catchphrase: "Kitten Shopping!"
- Companion Cube:
- His hair, Steve.
- Also his shoe, named Shoe. How creative.
- And his bass guitar, Susan.
- A Day in the Limelight: Tom's Tales of Awesome/Brilliance/Crazy.
- Deadpan Snarker: Very bitter and sarcastic.
- Eyeless Face: Just empty eye sockets.
- The Grinch: Probably related to being a Jehovah's Witness.
- Hollywood Jehovah's Witness: Subverted. It's offhandendly mentioned twice, but never appears again. He's never seen walking door-to-door with pamphlets.
- Jerkass: He becomes this in later episodes.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Has his moments. For example he takes a laser beam to the eyes to save Santa in Zanta Claws II. As revealed in WTFuture, it gave him cancer.
- Mad Libs Catchphrase: "Holy X on a Y!"
- Sanity Ball: Passed between him and Edd.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: He leaves the house at the end of "The End Part One" when Edd lets Tord move into Tom's room.
- Temporarily a Villain: In "Zanta Claws III".
- Token Evil Teammate: Has less moral restraints than the others, especially after Tord left the show.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Is more of a jerk mid-2009 onwards.
- With Friends Like These...: He and Tord never got on well. And they still don't come "The End".
The square-chinned ginger, he wears a purple hoodie and green overcoat. Vain and dumb, though the latter trait was absent in earlier episodes.Voiced by Matt Hargreaves
- Badass: Cements himself as one in Hide and Seek, by killing a Burritoranasaurus. Then again, that fight was a cold-induced hallucination.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: All he needs is a fishbowl on his head.
- Butt Monkey: Shows shades of this.
- Demonic Possession: Was possessed at the start of Hammer and Fail 2.
- Catchphrase: "Not the face!" and "Indubitably".
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Mostly because of his ego.
- I Just Want to Be Beautiful
- Laughably Evil: Whenever he is Temporarily a Villain, such as in Matt Sucks.
- Narcissist: He loves himself a little too much.
- Plot Allergy: To dogs. And explosions. And seafood.
- Red-Headed Hero
- Redhead In Green: When wearing his overcoat.
- Screw Yourself: He made an amateur porn movie called "Matt-On-Matt Action".
- Too Dumb to Live: When playing hide & go seek he hid in the fridge, and appeared to be freezing to death and hallucinating living food.
- Too Spicy for Yog Sothoth: His annoying personality made the demon quickly vacate.
- Took a Level in Dumbass: From mid-2010 onwards.
- Seemingly explained in "The End: Part 1" as him taking a memory eraser gun to the face.
- Temporarily a Villain:
- Of the Zombeh Attack Trilogy, excluding Zombeh Nation.
- He is also bitten by a vampire in Matt Sucks, and attempts to do the same to Edd and Tom.
Tord/The Red Leader
Tord was the fourth main character in the show. A Norwegian trigger-happy gun nut wearing a red hoodie, he was Put on a Bus after the episode "Moving Targets", because Larsson wanted to start his own career (This didn't go well).Voiced by: Tord Larsson (2005-2008), Alex L'Abbe (Zombeh Attack 1), Jamie Spicer-Lewis (The End)
- Affably Evil: While he isn't evil (or he at least doesn't show it until "The End"), he is violent.
- Badass Longcoat: Sported a black one in earlier episodes and wears a blue military coat in his wanted poster.
- Berserk Button: In "The End (Part 2)", Tord decks Matt so hard in the face that he goes flying across the room over almost pressing a button. He probably would have gone further had Edd not stepped in to calm him down.
- Big Bad: He's this for The End, and possibly the whole of Eddsworld since WTFuture (maybe even before them), being the most dangerous threat the gang faces.
- Back for the Finale: Or at least, that of the Eddsworld Legacy-produced episodes - he returns in the "The End" two-parter.
- The Bus Came Back: In a handful of comics and episodes (such as "Fun Dead" and "PowerEdd", he shows up as a background cameo, and may be the "Red Leader" who Future Tom calls in "WTFuture". He finally returns in a major role in The End.
- False Friend: He's ultimately shown to be this in "The End (Part 2)".
- Gun Nut: Has an unhealthy obsession with guns and firepower. And even giant robots.
- He's Back: He's back with the gang in "The End", but he's back for bad intentions.
- Misplaced Accent: Subverted in that Tord's original actor played him with a typical Norwegian accent. However, his new voice actor in The End plays it with a slighty Russian accent.
- Norse by Norsewest: Averted. He isn't portrayed as a stereotypical Scandinavian: he's ginger-ish, average looking, and pretty damn violent.
- Odd Name Out: Edd, Matt and Tom are all very common names in the Anglosphere, but "Tord" is likely to sound much more unusual and exotic to English-speakers' ears. Subverted in that it's actually a very common name in his native Norway.
- Put on a Bus: He drives off at the start of "25 ft. Under the Seat".
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Tord's main color scheme is a red hoodie and black pants, and is revealed to be overtly evil in The End.
- Take Over the World: We find out in The End that he has a giant robot hidden inside Edd's house built to do this.
- Token Evil Teammate: Moreso than Tom. Paintball with real guns, anyone? Come The End, he's outright villainous.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Tord wasn't exactly nice to begin with, but The End has him deliberately coerce Tom into leaving while he takes his place, and then shows him having become a wanted terrorist, plotting to Take Over the World with a Humongous Mecha. Then again, it's implied he was always this way.
- Trigger Happy: Oh, that's scratching the surface...
- Walking Spoiler: The fact that he's in "The End" is the least spoilery thing about him in it.
- With Friends Like These...: He didn't get on well with Tom. And when he returns, we find out he still doesn't.
Zanta ClawsEvil zombie Santa Claus, appearing in three Christmas Specials.Voiced by Joshua Tomar
- Back from the Dead: To destroy Christmas.
- Bad Santa: Duh.
- Enemy Mine: Briefly teams up with Edd, Matt and Santa to stop Tom in Zanta Claws III.
- The Grinch: The reason he hates Christmas is because he died and Santa took his place.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Well, he's a Zombie Santa Claus.
PaulA Dutch guy with large eyebrows and a lot of jobs.Voiced by Paul ter Voorde
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- New Job as the Plot Demands: An army guy, a power plant worker, an astronaut, a co-pilot, etc.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: He, along with Patryk, are indirectly responsible for a zombeh apocalypse happening during Fun Dead.
- Smoking Is Cool: Always seen with a cigarette.
- Stopped Caring: "That's just the sound of NO ONE CARING!"
- Those Two Bad Guys: With Patryk, as of The End.
Future EddFuture version of Edd, coming back in time to kill himself and not witness Cola being outlawed.Voiced by Edd Gould.
- Badass Baritone/Evil Sounds Deep: His voice is lower than his present counterpart's.
- Badass Beard: Doubles as Beard of Sorrow.
- Badass Longcoat
- Driven to Suicide: After Coca-Cola was outlawed, he tries to commit suicide by killing his past self. It's played for laughs.
- Exty Years from Now
- Frickin' Laser Beams: His Weapon of Choice.
- I Hate Past Me: Wants him dead. See Edd's bio for details.
- Me's a Crowd: Brings Edd's past lives with him to form his "Army of MEEEEEeeeees".
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cola. It being outlawed drove him to paradoxical suicide. Bacon's still around, though.
Christopher Bingbong/Evil Director ManA director who clones the main four in Spares.Voiced by Chris "Bing" Bingham
- Affably Evil: Amazingly.
- Heel–Face Turn: After the clone massacre.
- Me's a Crowd: Clones the main cast so his film is successful.
- No Name Given: It ''is'', it's in the credits of his film.
- The Cameo: Shows up again in Zanta Claws III working for Zanta. Credited as "Evil Director Man".
- Tuckerization: Named - sort of - after his voice actor.
LarryEvil Director's assistant in Spares.Voiced by Edd Gould.
- Beleaguered Assistant
- Deadpan Snarker
- Only Sane Man: He's the only staff member that isn't a moron.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Briefly snaps at the end of Spares when the crew throws away Tom in favor of a second Matt.Larry: How do you morons even BREATHE?!
- What the Hell, Hero?: See Surrounded by Idiots.
Commander Bai's CrewAliens who abducted the trio to use Matt's vanity to fuel their ship.Commander Bai voiced by Jamie Spicer-LewisPilot voiced by Eddie Bowley
- Aliens Speaking English
- Big Bad: Of The Movie.
- Big Ol' Unibrow: One of the aliens has one, drawn exactly as Paul's.
- Area 51: Has a sign saying "Sector 51".
- Face–Heel Turn: After the gang trashes their ship.
- Too Dumb to Live: Bai tries to dump the crew in the garbage disposal and out into space, but ends dumping himself and his mates instead. It's related to their vanity. Lampshaded by Tom seconds later:
Legacy DonatorsPeople who donated enough money during the Eddsworld Kickstarter campaign.Katey "Red" Harding note voiced by Jenny BinghamPatryk the Co-Pilot voiced by Patryk Dudulewicz
- Author Avatar: Of sorts. Katey Harding drew a few guest comics.
- As Himself: Subverted, Katey for technical reasons is voiced by Jenny Bingham, Tom's then-girlfriend. Played straight with Patryk.
- Butt Monkey: All of them suffered some horrible fates: got zombehfied, got left on another planet, burnt by a jet engine, crashed a plane or dated Matt. Patryk does survive the plane crash, though.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Patryk, along with Paul, causes the zombie apocalypse.
- Those Two Bad Guys: Patryk, with Paul.
Eduardo/Numero Uno, Mark and JonThe gang's neighbors and rivals.Eduardo voiced by: Chris O'Neill (2010-2011) and Brock Baker (2014 onwards)Jon voiced by: Eddie BowleyMark voiced by: Ben Rudman.
- Affably Evil: Jon. He's probably the only one who doesn't outright despise Edd and the others.
- Big Bad: Eduardo serves as the villain of PowerEdd.
- Black Bead Eyes: Jon; being the counterpart for Tom.
- Butt Monkey: Jon is always being pushed around by Eduardo.
- Disproportionate Retribution: In Power Edd, it's revealed the reason Eduardo hates Edd so much is because in Kindergarten, Edd beat Eduardo in a drawing competition and Edd made fun of him for being in second place. Yes, that is the reason. Even Edd acknowledges this is a dumb reason and states his drawing sucked anyway.
- Enemy Mine: In Hammer and Fail 2. Even if it didn't last very long.
- Evil Counterpart: To the gang.
- Flat Character: Mark and Jon don't really get much development. Jon is less of one than Mark, though.
- Go Out with a Smile: Jon dies making a joke in "The End (Part 2)".Eduardo: Say something, you idiot!Jon: (weakly) S-something. Hehe-heh-heheheh...
- Jerkass: Eduardo is the most prominent of the trio. But Mark appears to be one as well, and Jon just follows the other two.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold:
- In a way. When Edd is attacked by a Mutant Tom, Eduardo comes to his rescue, proclaiming, "Nobody hurts my neighbor but ''me!''
- He's genuinely saddened by Jon dying in "The End (Part 2)".
- Killed Off for Real: Jon dies thanks to a missile from Tord's Humongous Mecha in "The End (Part 2)".
- The Rival: Well, naaaaaaw...
- Say My Name:Edd: Eduardoooooo..... (folk guitar sting)
- Stupid Evil: Jon
- Token Evil Teammate: Averted, as Tord left before getting an Evil Counterpart. Though Todd DOES exist, his face has never been shown.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Diet Coke for Eduardo, in contrast to Edd and Regular Coke. A mixed up between Cola shipments is what re-ignited the rivalry, according to Hammer and Fail.
Sgt. "Hilary" HilarsonA senior drill instructor in the British Army. Taught Edd and the gang when they enlisted in Moving Targets.Voiced by Josh Tomar
- Drill Sergeant Nasty
- Expy: Of Sgt. Hartman.
- Jerkass: Beats up Edd on two different occasions.
- The Neidermeyer: And likely inspired by the Trope Namer from Animal House, as well as Gunnery Sgt. Hartman from Full Metal Jacket, to boot.
- No Indoor Voice:Hilarson: I don't wanna see you stop scrubbing this floor, until I can see MY FACE IN IT!
- So Proud of You: Kind of. He admits that he's proud of the gang after 94 seconds (in real time) of training.