TomSka (real name: Thomas Ridgewell) is a UK web filmmaker, producer, vlogger and actor known for his live-action and animated productions, particularly asdfmovies
. He also voices his Author Avatar
, Tom in Eddsworld
and, after Edd Gould's passing, is the main producer and scriptwriter.
His main YouTube
channel is here
, his second channel, containing mostly vlogs and behind-the-scenes material is here
. He also has a Twitter
Tropes present in his works or otherwise related to him:
- Alter Ego Acting: He usually plays an exagerrated version of himself.
- Badass: In ""Christmas Demolition", for instance, which also overlaps with Badass Santa.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: Sort of.
Here are some top tips for passing the time waiting for an ambulance: Read a book. Write a book. Book a holiday for your book.
- Creator Breakdown: Suffered one after the death of Edd Gould.
My close friend, business partner and - if Iím being honest - muse Edd Gould was dead. Cancer had made its final move on him the night before. While I partied, he fought for his lifeÖ and lost. (...) I miss him so fucking much.
- Tom's also had issues with depression, which contributed, subconsciously, to the darker tone of AsdfMovie 7
- Disproportionate Retribution: Chris stabs Tom in "STABBED" with a salty knife laced with tiny bees, then programs Tom's phone to order a mushroom pizza filled with more bees when Tom calls for an ambulance, all because Tom ate Chris's sandwich.
- Fake American: He has an amazing American accent, which he seems to slip into at times.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Sort of, in "Pokemon Extreme," when it's not his accent that slips, per se, it's that he uses the British pronunciation of "been" (like "bean").
- Gambit Pileup: On Valentine's Day, of all things.
- The Grinch: Exhibit A.
- Gun Nut
- Hurricane of Puns: "Rock Bottom". Unsuprisingly, starring Edd Gould.
(Edd and Tom are stuck in a sunken house)
Edd: I got my grades back. They're below C* level. *canned laughter*
- Meaningful Name: A real life version. "Thomas" is derived from an Aramaic word, which means "twin". As stated here, he had a twin sister who died in an accident before their birth.
- Motor Mouth: At times, during his vlogs:
Hello Turbofans and welcome to the Turbovlog, the vlog where i talk Turbofast and you get Turboconfused... yay?
- Noodle Implements: "Picture Perfect" has a variant. Police arrive on the scene of Chris and Tom's double-suicide.
Officer 1: They must've painted their killers before they died.
Officer 2: So we're looking for a centaur, an antisemitic cat, and the alphabet.
Officer 1: My god! They're back!
- One Steve Limit: Discussed in this video.
- OOC Is Serious Business: If Tom is speaking slowly in a vlog, you're gonna get some heavy subject matter
- Recurring Extra: Ever since "Mrs." Johnson appeared in The Fallen, the horse-headed person has appeared in many future sketches, always giving a thumbs-up and announcing "I love it" to whatever event is occurring. According to Meanwhile 2, she's also an exile from a parallel universe for unexplained crimes against her country.
- Running Gag: His hatred of Christmas.
- Screw Yourself: Wants to practice kissing with himself.
- Self-Deprecation: How I "Make" Cartoons.
- Surreal Humor: HORSE, in all its sociopathic glory.
- Trigger Happy: Just ask Bing, whom he shot at the end of "The Confession".
- Troubled, but Cute: Has admitted to being depressed and having a drinking problem, and comes off as a bit of a Sad Clown. He's still a good looking guy however
- True Art Is Angsty: In "Picture Perfect".
Chris paints a picture of a cat.
Tom: I— Actually that's pretty good.
Chris: (Laughs) He's thinking about the Holocaust!
Tom: Ha-ha— Now I hate it!
- Vocal Dissonance: Parodied in "Bad Voice Actor"
- Wall of Weapons: Standard background for his vlogs.
- The Wiki Rule: Here.