The RP is divided into three canon sections; Mobius, Earth and Sonic Generations. "Mobius" is set a month after Sonic Unleashed and involves all the current characters and events. Games set after this game tend to be adapted, such as Sonic Colors. "Earth" is set over 4000 before Mobius, when Mobians first evolved, then called anthros and a war was set between them and the humans. The legacy of Sonic and his friends date all the way back here, and several origin of enemies and plot points are being told. The latest sub-rp, "Sonic Generations" is a Crisis Crossover between the two section, adapting the epic milestone game in a timewarp, with added levels, characters and more video game nostalgia, including scenes based on the RP's storyline.
The main story of the Mobius threads begins with Doctor Eggman raiding a city for a certain lamp, when Sonic himself shows up. After a brief fight against Eggman and Metal Sonic, Sonic is struck by a beam, which brings out Scourge the Hedgehog a personification of Sonic's Super Mode. In other words, with Scourge loose, Sonic can't turn Super anymore!
Determined to shut down Eggman's latest scheme, Sonic rallies the aid of Tails and Knuckles before going off on his next adventure. And we're not exaggerating when we say that it might the grandest tale the blue blur has ever been through...
History has repeated Sonic Adventure 2, and GUN has mistaken Sonic for Scourge, who has caused trouble. Sally Acorn has been assigned to hunt him down however she realized Sonic's innocence and assisted the blue blur to take down the green menace. However, Scourge didn't stay locked up as Speedy, Battlelord Kukku the 16th breaks him and Fang out of prison in his vendetta against Tails. However their troublemaking schemes are put on hold as Eggman makes his move... with the Master Emerald to power up Erazor, he makes the wish to rule the entire world, this includes G.U.N. (now called E.U.N.). Thankfully, not everyone has fallen to their alternate new memories, including Sonic and Sally and their friends...but those memories are trying to take over, namely Sally's, who in this world is Eggman's dragon. Since this universe has the Kukkus allies with Tails, an Enemy Mine is formed between Sonic, his friends, Team Dark, and a whole gang of minor villains and thieves. Aiding them, is Shara who came out of the book too, and helps Sonic who has teamed up with his alternate (both sharing their body) by wishes.
Meanwhile in Blaze's dimension, called the Nameless Zone, Eggman Nega from Silver's future begins collecting the Sol Emeralds. Silver comes and aid Blaze and the with a gang of Mobians, they escape to Mobius and join the fight, as Nega has teamed up with Black Doom to take on the Eggman Empire.
Though things are bigger than what it seems... a mysterious ghost hedgehog name Aleena has been stalking Sonic and two hedgehogs name Manic and Sonia, giving them advise and "training" in the upcoming fight. Seems there are a lot of mysteries, and she isn't telling anyone else.
During a full-scale attack against Eggman in his capital city, Sally was split from her other self, bringing out Alicia who's able to work directly under Eggman without trouble. However Eggman is having trouble with his other half... and it isn't his alternate.
A great evil has taken over Eggman's body, calling himself Robotnik and he seems to know Aleena very well. Sonic and a good ammount of his friends and allies all become super and confront Robotnik, who had given himself the power of Solaris. With the help of the genies, they take Erazor away, and de-power Eggman, sealing his body into another dimension.
And that was just the first arc!
Before Shara returned to the Special Zone with the other genies, she was able to restore all reality to normal, however a few things from the other timeline remained, this include Alicia in her own body. After an attempt to steal a Time Stone to restore the timeline back to corrupted, the gang encounters Mammoth Mogul, Aleena's old mentor, and Alicia is identically flung to the Earth threads. Mogul starts giving the heroes some trouble, and they escape to the Nameless Zone, where after they try and rest, the Iron Queen comes to invade. They are Sub-Bosses under the Eggman Nega of that world and they plan on using alien creatures known as Wisp to power up a space station over Mobius to take over all minds. Things aren't going that easy as it was in Sonic Colors, as Mogul is orchestrating his own plans. Pretending to be a wealthy business man who's to be elected President, he revives Mad Scientist Zachary to finish his Anarchy Beryl project (from the Archie comics). The white Echidna's plan was to test if he could restart the comet that mutated all life to Mobians, using Westside Island as the very comet. It was rough, but Sonic and his friends managed to stop both sets of villains...but it wasn't a complete victory:
- For one, Zachary's experiment was to change the world. While the heroes did prevent this from spreading anarchy around the planet, the world did change as the completed beryls set a chain reaction to both the Chaos and Sol Emeralds, causing a fusion between the worlds. When the heroes had to use the Wisp's power, they managed to stabilize the two worlds into one.
- Mogul managed to use the situation to make himself look like a hero, thus earning him the votes to become president.
- Knuckles was used as a patsy, becoming Enerjak, while Sonic was turned into a Dark Sonic, both transformation (along with footage of evil Super Sonic) was used against the two.
- Mogul also stole the Master Emerald when they were all busy.
While Eggman, Zachary and Nega believed dead, Iron Queen has escaped and Mogul has the United Federation and G.U.N. under his rule. There was still Miles, the sentient form of Titan, the beast Tails originated from who started his own empire. During his and Sonic first meeting against the angry fox, evil Super Sonic finally remembered who he is... an essence of Robotnik. Just when things seem to be going to hell, somehow Super vanished and was split from Sonic. Sonic finally haggled Aleena for answers, already leanred Sonia and Manic are his siblings, he also found out Aleena is their mother who is trying to train them to fight Robotnik, the union of the evil spirit of a Meterex and a racist human named Percy Granite who lead the anti-anthro army.
The site can be found here.
This RP contains examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Arguably Amy to Sonic. And there's Kukku's Battle Lord to Rouge.
- Action Girl: Many females in the RP. Arguably more prominent ones, like Sally Acorn, Blaze the Cat, and Aleena the Hedgehog.
- Alternate Timeline: Eggman's second wish ends up causing this, with interesting results.
- Animorphism: The only way humans were affected by the comet were in they were in contact with an animal, creating Sara from the Sonic OVA and various characters from the old Sonic manga.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Eggman's second wish from the Erazor Djinn.
- Bad Boss: Speedy.
- Bash Brothers: Once again, Sonic and Tails, as well as Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic and Shadow.
- Bat Family Crossover: The Sonic franchise. Now recently, certain Sega series too!
- Broken Bird: Nico the Ovi Raptor, a prehistoric bird-dinosaur.
- Butt-Monkey: Knuckles desperately trying to shake this trope off, and regain his Lancer title.
- And now Espio and Jet have taken the role of Butt-Monkey.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Sonia to a T, especially when she'll find out that Aleena is her mother.
- Sonia also fits as a Valley Girl.
- Combat Pragmatist: Metal Sonic manages to become this by using a Mammoth Mogul-controlled Titan Tails as a flail against the mammoth.
- Composite Character: Done with the non-game characters to have them fit into the game-storyline.
- Continuity Nod: Let's just say that if you've ever been a fan of anything Sonic-related, you'll find something recognizeable in all this.
- Deadpan Snarker: A good deal of the characters, with some of the more prominent ones being Metal Sonic and Rouge the Bat.
- Dream Land: Maginary World.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Characters like Jill, Ani and Jack would eventually be featured prominently in Future Generations.
- Earth Is the Center of the Universe: Yes, that's pretty much how it is, especially when the Black Arms invaded, or when the space genies crashed landed on the planet.
- But in fact, Mobius was Earth, and it all started when Chaos, formerly a member of a tyrant alien race, the Drakons, had the power of the Seven Emeralds and Master Emeralds, and crashed onto the planet, mutating animals and humans. So, of all the planets, it had to be on Earth.
- Enemy Within: The Evil Super Sonic from Sonic the Comic.
- Also, Eggman has Julian Robotnik (a Metarex version of him).
- Enemy Without: Scourge the Hedgehog.
- Also Sally has Alicia Acorn.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: All minor and obscure Sonic characters and playable and expanded, including the Kukkus from Tails Adventure before the Archie Comics adapted the game.
- Eviler Than Thou: Both Eggman and Eggman Nega toss this against each other repeatedly. So far, Eggman's winning.
- Generation Xerox: Sonic is just like his mom, and she had a set of friends who are the ancestors of Sonic's friends. Jan is Knuckles, Rob is Amy and Theo is Sally, and then some.
- Genki Girl: Amy, Sonia, and Aleena; mostly in the Earth threads.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Most male characters are missing clothes, but that's normal in this franchise. With females, Sally is still notorious in this department.
- Here We Go Again!: Once again Eggman, disregarding his past mistakes, relies on an ancient monster this time, Erazor.
- But not only that, because of Scourge, Sonic was AGAIN framed and been chased by GUN. Luckily, it didn't last as long as before.
- Knight Templar: When it comes to Nega, Silver is on the road to this trope. Nicole even hinted that GUN could very well have plans that fit this trope.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: It's a Sonic RP, you're bound to have this.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: While Sonic has yet to discover that Aleena is his mother, the RP has already given hints. Plus, this shouldn't be much of a surprise.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": And how.
- Manchild: While Ray is 16, he acts like he's 8 and pretty much looks like it. The same can be said to OC Jack the Lion, only he looks his age.
- Mama Bear: Aleena over her kids, including Metal Sonic, Nazo and Scourge.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Certain animals when in contact with each other during the comet.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Alicia Acorn with Eggman. It may somewhat be the same with Buns with Alicia.
- Mysterious Watcher: Aleena the Hedgehog. She also fits as The Watcher
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: Sonic; no matter what, he really can't stand too close to Amy if she's being her flirty self. However, it's subject to Flanderization sometimes...
- Oddly Common Rarity: Just ... don't ask, but in the final battle, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Blaze, Shadow, Silver, Sally, Sonia, Manic, Metal, Nazo, Mephilis, and Tails Doll all become Supers to take on a Solaris-Robotnik.
- Official Couple: Brick and Jill (Original characters), Sonic and Amy in the alter-world...sort of...
- Our Genies Are Different: Shara and Erazor
- Order Versus Chaos: Plays a big role in this RP. Chaos Emeralds contain Chaos Energy, while Sol Emeralds contain Order Force, for example.
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: When Cosmo was introduced, she was used to power up a Kukku mech.
- Psychic Link: Aleena has it with her children, Sonic, Manic, and Sonia. But she also has it with Metal, Scourge, and Nazo, for they are connected with Sonic. Reason why and how Aleena can do this has yet to be told.
- Psychic Powers: Silver the Hedgehog
- Psycho Electric Eel: Shockwave the Electric Eel
- Really 700 Years Old: Aleena the Hedgehog, along with Tails.
- Sarcastic Clapping: Once again, Nega likes doing this.
- Save Three Worlds: We have Mobius (Sonic's World), and Blaze's World (which we call it Nameless Zone for now, but it shares with the Mobius threads), and Earth Which was Mobius over 4000 years ago; Aleena's time. Two characters from Mobius already went back to the past; to Earth.
- Four if counting Maginary World, though the crisis sent the Dream Land unbalanced and split Illumina again, but hasn't gone into detail much yet.
- Shown Their Work: A lot of times, effectively trying to tie up many of the series' Continuity Snarls. Hell, when they make Sonic 06 and its effects on the series seem plausible, this trope shines through.
- Super Mode: Being Sonic the Hedgehog-related, this is bound to come up.
- In one particular fight, we get no less than thirteen different Super Modes to gawk at.
- Superpowered Evil Side: This plays a huge role in the RP. For example, Scourge seemed to be a evil side of Sonic all along, but was easily freed at the beginning of the RP. But now we have the Stc version of Super, for Sonic. For Tails, he turns into a hulking monster, thanks to Solaris reversing time around him. And Eggman...apparently, he has a Metarex version of Julian Robotnik. Long story...
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: To take on a Solaris-charged Robotnik, what do the heroes retaliate with? Super Sonic, Super Tails, Super Knuckles, Super Shadow, Super Silver, Super Sally, Super Manic, Super Sonia, Blazing Blaze, Lord Metal Sonic, Perfect Nazo, Nightmare Mephiles, and Nightmare Cyber Tails. Yeah.
- Time Travel: Aleena and her Time Travel spams.
- Original characters, Jill the Ewe, and Brick the Bull goes back to Earth times to find one of the Rings of Order.
- Took A Level In Bad Ass: Many characters, one of which being a former Super Mode known as Titan Tails. What was once a goofy-looking Super Mode for Sonic's two-tailed sidekick is now a red-furred, absolutely demonic beast who has no regards for anyone. And this was actually what Tails was many years ago, having devolved into the cutesy sidekick by a time-spell placed on him by Mammoth Mogul.
- Villainous Breakdown: Eggman suffers an intense one after Erazor is defeated, his city is in ruins, and Metal Sonic leaves his side... so intense, in fact, that his body is overtaken by his even worse alternate persona, leaving the original Eggman to be declared dead.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Tails. It probably helps that he's over 4,000 years old in this RP.