After years of working her butt off to be able to attend the most prestigious school in the land, little Shiromi is now given the opportunity to save the world from the vile demon army by summoning her familiar. What is this familiar? A unicorn? A dragon? A sexy demon?
Nope. It's a Shark. A very hungry, killer shark to boot. The good news, it likes Shiromi and only wants to make her happy. The bad news, Shiromi can barely control it and the thing will take any infraction, no matter how minuscule, against her is a death sentence for everyone. Shiromi finds herself forced to flee from her home with the shark in tow, trying to find out how to get the shark, dubbed Same, to y'know, not kill everything in its path.
This manga contains the following tropes:
- Adults Are Useless: Not only Shiromi's teacher does not reprimand the other students who bullied her, she also immediately accused Shiromi of being a demon spy.
- Asshole Victim: Zig Zagged Trope. Most, if not all of Same's victims are horrible people. However, there are those who are only just jerks and even then, do not deserve the gruesome fate at Same's jaws.
- Berserk Button: Same's only trigger is seeing couples.
- Butt-Monkey: Shiromi is always the victim of the story's slapstick humor.
- Combo Platter Powers: Same has all the powers of every movie shark. He can become a three-headed sharktopus, fly on tornado winds and explode with the force of an atomic bomb.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Same has no qualms in killing and devouring his foes.
- Deconstructive Parody : This is used for the whole fantasy genre manga and the current isekai genre mixed with a dash of western b-movie goodness.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Same maybe a destructive, mass-murdering beast but he legitimately cares for Shiromi.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Although the entire Kingdom wants Shiromi dead, they are not actually wrong that she and her familiar have done nothing but cause mayhem across their land when there's a war going on. Granted Shiromi doesn't want to hurt anyone (that doesn't truly deserve it at least), but Same is just utter uncontrollable once he gets going.
- Must Not Die a Virgin: Subverted. One student in Shiromi's school cries out that he doesn't want to die a virgin only for Same to grab him and eat him.
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: The Demon Army's giant crocodile monster.
- Shout-Out: This manga references back to other Shark films.
- Slasher Smile: Same can somehow gives a very sadistic grin whenever he slaughters his prey.
- Stock Light-Novel Hero: Take That! version. One such example being Talon, a humble hero with a laidback attitude and a harem of women or wives. Once Same enters the picture, it's clear the reason he acts like this is that he thought his abilities would protect him from any threat but take that away, he's just an idiotic brat. He's also not too broken up that several of his wives got killed by the shark.
- Ungrateful Bastard: When a group of Adventurers got captured by demons and are saved by Shiromi and Same, the only thing they could say was telling her that they could have gotten out of that situation on their own and threaten her not to report this.