Lindsay Morgan Lohan (that's Lo-HAN, as in Rohan; born July 2, 1986) is an American Actress, Model, Singer and Songwriter.
A former child actor and model, Lohan rose to fame when she began acting and landed several major film roles, notably the Disney remakes of The Parent Trap and Freaky Friday, then later in the Tina Fey-penned 2004 film Mean Girls.
Lohan was anointed by the media as the "next big thing". Unfortunately, the newfound attention from the media got to her, and she started drinking while underage (with her own mother no less) and partying all the time. Soon she ended up with two D.U.I.s, two more arrests for drug possession, and went under rehabilitation which slowed down her career considerably and since then she's been more well-known for her legal troubles than her acting career.
Filmography with TV Tropes pages
- Late Night with David Letterman (1992) as Trick-or-Treater
- Sesame Street (1995) as The Braid-y Bunch Member, Kid
- Another World (1996-97) as Alli Fowler
- The Parent Trap (1998) as Hallie Parker, Annie James
- Life-Size (2000) as Casey Stuart
- Get a Clue (2002) as Alexandra "Lexy" Gold
- Freaky Friday (2003) as Anna Coleman
- Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (2004) as Mary Elizabeth "Lola" Steppe
- Mean Girls (2004) as Cady Heron
- King of the Hill (2004) as Jenny Medina (voice)
- That '70s Show (2004) as Danielle
- Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005) as Maggie Peyton
- My Scene Goes Hollywood (2005) as herself (voice)
- A Prairie Home Companion (2006) as Lola Johnson
- Just My Luck (2006) as Ashley Albright
- Bobby (2006) as Diane Howser
- The Holiday (2006) as herself
- Georgia Rule (2007) as Rachel Wilcox
- I Know Who Killed Me (2007) as Aubrey Fleming, Dakota Moss
- Ugly Betty (2008) as Kimmie Keegan
- Machete (2008) as April Booth
- Labor Pains (2009) as Thea Clayhill
- Glee (2012) as herself
- Liz & Dick (2012) as Elizabeth Taylor
- Scary Movie 5 (2013) as herself
- Anger Management (2013) as herself
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (2013) as Stephanie Sullivan
- Eastbound & Down (2013) as adult Shayna Powers
- 2 Broke Girls (2014) as Claire Guinness
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! (2015) as Sorta Guillermo
- Devil May Care (2021) as Ziva (voice)
- Falling for Christmas (2022) as Sierra Belmont
- Speed-the-Plow (London, 2014) as Karen
- Speak (2004)
- A Little More Personal (Raw) (2005)
Provides examples of:
- Adam Westing: Her advertisement for eHarmony.
- Break Up Song: If It's Alright, Over, If You Were Me, Black Hole,
- Calling the Old Man Out: "Confessions Of A Broken Heart" qualifies.
- Cover Version: "I Want You to Want Me" and "Edge of Seventeen" on her second album.
- Fiery Redhead: She's a natural red and has played quite a few feisty characters.
- Follow Your Heart La Bella Vita, Fastlane, Disconnected, I Live For The Day, Anything But Me
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Believe it or not, Lindsey says the proper pronunciation of her surname is "Low-an" (the H is silent); despite this, people tend to pronounce it like it's spelt.
- Jailbait Taboo: Dated Wilmer Valderrama when she was only 17 and he was 24. They shied away from going public with their relationship until she turned 18 but soon broke up months later.
- Love Nostalgia Song: "Something I Never Had", "Black Hole"
- Lonely at the Top: "Fastlane", "People come and go like rain".
- Medley: In her Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen movie soundtrack: "Don't Move On/Living for the City/Changes" Medley.
- No Bisexuals: She is maybe bisexual (she doesn't want to classify herself), though she prefers not to talk about her sexual orientation to reporters. She has been in relationships with Wilmer Valderrama and Samantha Ronson, though her father did not approve of Samantha because she is a woman (and because he believed her to be a bad influence on Lindsay).
- Rock-Star Song: Fastlane, A Beautiful Life (La Bella Vita) and Rumours are examples of this trope.
- Sanity Slippage Song: "Fastlane", "A Beautiful Life (La Bella Vita)", "Anything But Me", "Disconnected", "I Live For The Day" and there are probably more...
- Silly Love Songs: Who Loves You, Very Last Moment In Time, Symptoms of You, "Ultimate".