Liz & Dick is a Lifetime Biopic released during the Thanksgiving weekend of 2012. The film stars Lindsay Lohan (in her first big starring role since Labor Pains in 2009) as Elizabeth Taylor and focuses on the the legendary actress's complicated relationship with Richard Burton, played by Grant Bowler.
The film includes the following tropes:
- Based on a True Story: Albeit heavily dramatized.
- Faint in Shock: Liz faints in a no-nonsense manner upon hearing of Dick's death. Possibly pays homage to Elizabeth Taylor's iconic faint in the role of Angela in A Place in the Sun.
- Lifetime Movie of the Week
- Relationship Revolving Door: Elizabeth and Richard.
- Suicide by Pills: Elizabeth attempts to commit suicide by swallowing pills after Richard, the man Elizabeth left her husband for, decides to end their affair and stay with his own wife Sybil.