It concerns two newlyweds, Sam and Sedine Kilgarriff, who live in surburbia and the situations they find themselves in due to their differing personalities. Sam is a rather laid back sort while Sedine has a more outrageous personality.
This strip has NOTHING to do with the tv series with the similar name.
The strip can be found here.
It is also found here.
This strip contains the following tropes:
- A Dog Named "Dog":The co-creator and Bea.R's husband has the pen name "Mr. Husband".
- Animesque: The look of the strip seems like it came right out of a manga series, from wild-looking Anime Hair, Alertness Blinks, Big Ol' Eyebrows, and Visible Silence, to most other Japanese Visual Arts Tropes. As if to hammer the point home, the phrase "onii-san" even makes an appearance.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: A recent series of strips has Sedine disguise Ellie as a man. Sure enough, a whole bunch of women are falling for “him”.
- Berserk Button: Sedine's cousin Roy has a wife named Charlene whose Button is whatever doesn't fit her definition of normal.
- Ellie’s button is JunkIphones.
- Betty and Veronica: Sedine sees herself as the Betty to next door neighbor Ellie's Veronica for Sam's Archie. Good thing for Sedine Ellie is such a ditz.
- The Big Guy: They don’t come any bigger than Hank Hubble Durum, aka Hubbs.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Roy sports these and his baby daughter Gabby inherited them.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: Big, burly Hubbs who gets flustered and nervous around pretty girls, in particular Ellie.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Hubbs is attracted to Ellie but he is unable to tell her so due to his being utterly nervous around women.
- Cheerful Child: Micha, the eldest of Roy and Charlene's two daughters, is rather cheery in contrast with her baby sister Gabby.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Sedine's reaction to the fact that Ellie, who's renting the house next door, had once dated Sam in college has to be seen to be believed.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Sedine has an odd way of seeing things.
- Cute Kitten: Sedine found a cat she named "Ow"
- Cuteness Proximity: Sedine just can NOT resist anything she sees as adorable. Case in point, this strip which introduced the aforementioned cat.
- The Ditz: Ellie isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
- The Dreaded: Hubbs starts out as this.
- Evil Eyebrows: Gabby, the youngest of Roy and Charlene's two daughters, has this sort of eyebrows. In fact, it's because of these that Sedine sees her as evil.
- Fetish: Charlene has one for handlebar mustaches.
- Gag Nose: Both Sam and Roy sport rather prodigious probosces.
- Genki Girl: Sedine is very excitable, much to Sam's dismay.
- Hemisphere Bias: Averted. One shot of the Earth centers mostly on Asia. Or maybe just Japan.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Sam is the Huge Guy to Sedine's Tiny Girl.
- Imagine Spot: When Sedine asked Sam about what their Spirit Animal forms would be like, he saw himself as a quiet St. Bernard and Sedine as a yapping Chihuahua. Read it here.
- Mama's Boy: Hubbs is very much this.
- Manchild: Considering the fact that Sedine is hardly mature, she is very much a Woman Child.
- Roy is quite the Man Child himself.
- Naked Apron: This strip shows Sedine sporting this, but the only thing on Sam’s mind is the prospect of baking a cake.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: Sam's parents in a nutshell.
- Older Than They Look: Sedine is twenty two, but can easily pass for sixteen.
- Only Sane Man: While Sam DOES have his quirks, compared to Sedine and her cousin Roy, he's the voice of reason.
- Shrinking Violet: Charlene can be rather shy when she’s not being obsessed about normalcy.
- Shotgun Wedding: Roy and Charlene's wedding, with a heavy emphasis on "shotgun".
- Statuesque Stunner: Ellie is taller than Sedine, a fact that Sedine is none too pleased about.
- The Shut-In: Charlene DESPISES the idea of being outside. Sedine tries to get her out to spend time with her. It went about as well as you'd expect. That is, not at all.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Ellie, or rather, “Al”, becomes Hubbs’ football teammate.
- Tiny Tyrannical Girl: Despite being the shortest character in the strip no one can argue Sedine is in charge.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Sedine's hair is purple.