Alex Eggleston (Class: Hipster "Scum")
Voiced by: Chris Niosi
Alex is a recent college graduate who has returned him to discover adult life is not what he expected, or desired. When a young woman vanishes from an elevator, he becomes obsessed with finding out the truth behind her disappearance.
Armed with his favorite LPs and his childhood best friend, a stuffed toy Panda, Alex is ready for anything.
- Difficult, but Awesome: Alex's standard LP attack. Which has both the lowest and highest potential damage output out of the available standard attacks in the game.
Michael K (Class: Photographer)
Voiced by: Clifford Chapin
Michael is the youngest party member, and a recent highschool graduate. He is an obsessive conspiracy theorist, and the co-creator of ONISM1999.
His intelligence is alarming, but often hidden. He keeps quiet about all the things he gets up to, and hides his real personality behind a quick wit, and an awkward shyness about his personal life.
- Look What I Can Do Now!: After Alex returns from Essentia's Mind Dungeon, Michael is absent until the rest of the party has been rounded up. When Alex finally catches up to him, Michael has ascended to Proto-Michael, after having accessed the Soul Space and understood his parallel lives.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Or rather, floating shirtless scene. Proto-Michael is constantly topless.
Vella Wilde (Class: Musical Prodigy)
Voiced by: Melanie Ehrlich
A gifted pianist from a young age, Vella was hailed as a prodigy of classical music. With time, her recognition faded, and so did her love for performing Beethoven, Bach, and Brahms.
When Alex first encounters Vella she is the change vendor at the Frankton Arcade.
She fights with sound, using her Keytar and amp. This instrument is the anthesis of her childhood.
- Banishing Ritual: Her unique "Banish" skill removes an enemy from battle, placing them in Alex's Mind Dungeon to improve his stat bonuses. This is one of the only ways to defeat invincible Soul Survivors.
Rory Mancer (Class: Conscientious Objector/Healer)
Voiced by: Andrew Fayette
Rory is a loner from the internet, who is determined to find his missing thirteen year old sister. She vanished two weeks before Rory reaches out to Alex via ONISM1999(A conspiracy theory message board.)
Roy is disgusted by violence. He refuses to attack others, and uses his abilities to heal his party, or take damage in their place. He is the sort of person who would take a punch, or even a bullet, for someone he didnt even like.
Claudio Unkrich (Class: Hacky Sack Master)
Voiced by: Anthony Sardinha
Claudio is the owner of a record store, and a master Hacky Sackist. In addition to his love of music, he is also the an die hard otaku.
Hes the older brother of Chondra. Unlike his sister, the disappearance of his younger brother hit him hard. He still thinks about him, and is actively running the search for him on ONISM1999.
Chondra Unkrich (Class: Hula Hooper)
Voiced by: Michaela Laws
Chondra is graduate student in Psychology. When she was just a kid her twin brother was kidnapped, and never found. Unlike her brother, shes spent her adult life making peace with this.
When she isnt hitting the books Chondra is an avid fan of dance music and hula hooper.
- Stance System: Several of her skills alter her stance, which bestows her with different bonuses and potentially a few drawbacks.
Essentia 2000A mysterious android that appears in Alex's dreams.
- BFS: Wields one in battle. It has a revolving device built into its tip to serve as its charging minigame.
- Ms. Exposition: When Alex finally gets to meet her, she dumps a large amount of exposition on her purpose, the Soul Space, and the Soul Survivors.
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: Available as one of her combat abilities.
- Unreliable Expositor: At the end, Proto-Alex claims that everything she had said to Alex was merely a web of lies to put him in a position to defeat Proto-Alex, so that she can usurp his position.