A list of characters that appear in Slightly Damned: Wind of Redemption and Rebirth
- Five-Man Band
Sakido ElexionA Wind Demon from Hell, who was killed while trying to help her brother and his friend escape Hell. Despite her past actions that she deems 'unforgivable', that very same remorse and regret is what deemed her worthy in the Master's eyes, and earned her to right to become a Rebirth. Now she just needs get used to it.
- The Atoner: She still regrets her actions in the past, particularly towards Buwaro. These feelings motivate her to seek out Medius when the realization of how vast the Multiverse is.
- Broken Bird: She is still greatly burdened by her past
- Dark Is Not Evil: Shun describes her as this, though she seems to have a hard time understanding this. Also has shades of Our Demons Are Different.
- Elemental Powers: She still retains her abilities as a Demon, giving her the following elements:
- Fish out of Water: The drastically different cultures present in the other worlds make her this.
- How Do I Shot Web?: The knowledge she SHOULD have gained after becoming a Rebirth is incomplete, leading to this for certain things, particularly opening portals.
Shun HayamiA human who has become a Rebirth. He was called by the Master to witness the birth of a new Rebirth, which turned out to be Sakido, and has since taken up a mentor role for her. Seemingly laid back and easy going, he implies that there is more to him than meets the eye.
- Artificial Limbs: Lost his left arm when he was 8, and has since replaced it with a cybernetic arm.
- Cool Guns: His primary choice of weapon
- Dark and Troubled Past: Its clearly implied that his past was this.
- Expy: From the picture the author had commissioned, Shun seems to be an expy of Archer, while his fighting style is more of a Shout-Out of Gilgamesh from the same series. The latter is particularly glaring when Shun uses Final Salvo
- The Gunslinger
- Heroic Sacrifice: He does this at the end of chapter 8, specifically via Taking the Bullet
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Has access to one of these via his left arm.
- Item Crafting: His Rebirth ability, though its limited to his bullets.
- Macross Missile Massacre: His strongest attack is this.
- Noodle Incident: Apparently had one of these with Neo prior to the story's beginning. Needless to say, he is VERY uncomfortable whenever around said Rebirth
- The Mentor: He plays this role for Sakido.
- Mentor Occupational Hazard: Has recently fallen prey to this. subverted in chapter 10, as he's not quite dead
- Red Baron: The Black Devastator
Umi SoyokazeA kindhearted Rebirth, whom Shun had once mentored before he took Sakido under his wing. Gentle, yet somewhat of a ditz, she's more than happy to help in any way she can.
- All-Loving Hero: She's just that nice. Most of the time
- Berserk Button: She shows a VERY mild variation of this in chapter 10, when she realizes the Angels of Vigrid are either evil or corrupt
- Empathic Weapon: Her Keyblade, born of her own heart, has a special property where it can only strike down the evil or corrupt, while leaving the good and/or innocent unharmed.
- Gratuitous Japanese: She tends to use japanese words in her sentences from time to time.
- Healing Hands: She plays the role as the team medic. See also Combat Medic
- Improbable Weapon User: Her main weapon is a flute.
- Making a Splash
- Meaningful Name: Aside from her title, her name, "Umi", literally means ocean.
- Miko: What she was before becoming a Rebirth, and she still has all her abilities from that time.
- Noodle Incident: Prior to the story, she had one with a real Sir Swears-a-Lot, which has since convinced her teammates to be careful about swearing near her.
- Red Baron: Angel of The Sea. Quite fitting considering her personality.
Max RyderAn energetic and somewhat hot blooded Rebirth who is part of Shun's party prior to Sakido's introduction to the team. Seems to be looking out for Umi's well-being for some reason.
- Big Damn Hero: Gets to be this TWICE in the short time of his introduction. Once before he is formally introduced, and does it again for his formal introduction.
- Cool Bike: His custom bike, the Galatine, is not only functional as a normal bike, but can also go into space.
- Hot-Blooded: Partially invoked, as while he doesn't always jump head first into danger as he is willing to listen to what his teammates have to say first, but he is certainly the most enthusiastic member of the group so far AND he's more than willing to charge head first into danger.
- Playing with Fire
- Super Speed: He has an insanely strong one, considering that he knocked the Venom Rider (a mutant Heartless that is WAY stronger than a standard Storm Rider)silly AND set it on fire, all without being seen even once.
Tsukasa TanmatsuAn enigmatic Rebirth who shows little emotion. He seems to have a history with Shun, Max, and Umi, considering them his best friends.
- Ambiguously Human: Its made painfully obvious (literally) to Sakido that this guy may not be human.
- Attack Hello: Sort of, since the most significant part the episode he's introduced is his fight against Sakido
- Creepy Monotone: While not as bad as the full trope, a few characters consider him rather creepy
- Emotionless Boy
- Improbable Weapon User: He uses a BOOK as a weapon. Granted its obviously not a normal book, but still...
- Identity Amnesia: Its revealed in chapter 10 that he has this. In fact, "Tsukasa Tanmatsu" isn't even his real name.
- Magic from Technology: According to Word of God, the spell arrays he uses are this
- The Stoic: Even when Sakido does something that should not have been possible, he is barely fazed and instead simply considers it as 'unexpected'. At least this is the case until he nearly kills Umi, where his stoic expression breaks, though it quickly comes back
NightmareOne of two 'scientists' who helped Maleficent in unraveling the secrets of an item called a Hollow Drive. Turns out, they had been using her the whole time. Murdered Maleficent in chapter 8
- Sadist: Its implied that she is this. Confirmed
- Rewriting Reality: Has the same ability as Sephora.
- Sinister Scythe: Her weapon of choice.
ToxinOne of two 'scientists' who helped Maleficent in unraveling the secrets of an item called a Hollow Drive.
- Rewriting Reality: Seems to have a mild (yet literal) variation of this, which she activates by writing words in the air.
- The Stoic: At least calmer than Maria.
Mysterious Cloaked FigureAn unknown entity who gave Maleficent new powers in exchange for her services. Who, or what he is and what he wants is unknown at the moment.
- Big Bad: Is confirmed to be the one pulling the strings.
- Enigmatic Empowering Entity: A villainous example to Maleficent
- Rage Against the Heavens: At least against The Master
ChronoA mysterious man who is in league with The Mysterious Cloaked Figure. Has the appearance of a Victorian era Noble, and often fiddles with his pocket watch.
StigmaA mysterious man who is in league with The Mysterious Cloaked Figure. Has the appearance of a Wanderer.
MaleficentAn evil fairy who hails from The Enchanted Dominion, Maleficent has long since plagued the worlds with her dark magic, and her obsession with Kingdom Hearts. The years of failed attempts seem to have done nothing to curb her ambitions.
- Card-Carrying Villain: She still calls herself "The Mistress of All Evil"
- Cruel and Unusual Death: May also double as Karmic Death
- Sadist: She seems to take delight in torturing poor Sakido
- Unwitting Pawn: Its pretty clear that she's this to the two scientists. Turns out, she was an Unwitting Pawn the whole time
- Killed Off for Real: Well...she's not getting back up from what happened to her in chapter 8
- Mind Rape: Her "Shadow of Fear" spell does this to its victims.
- Oh, Crap!: Three pissed off Rebirths have just fired their respective high level attacks, aimed right at the head of the monster I'm currently linked to, and I can't defend myself. Oh, Crap!
- Rewriting Reality: She seems to have gained a mild variation of this ability from The Mysterious Cloaked Figure, which allows her to modify Heartless, and even establish a Psychic Link to them that allows her to boost their powers.
The MasterThe creator of the Rebirths.
- Big Good: Is portrayed as this
- Enigmatic Empowering Entity: It not only revives Rebirths from the dead, but also bestows them with incredible powers
- Guardian of the Multiverse: It watches over all worlds
Neo LuminoA veteran Rebirth who has made a good deal of contributions for the Alliance, and is also one of the founders. Amongst the Rebirths, he is hailed as the most powerful.
- Elemental Powers:
- Older than he looks: Is implied to be this.
- Red Baron: The Chaotic Unbalance
- Yin-Yang Bomb: His Chaos Liberation attack. According to Word of God, his entire theme is centered around this concept
Jacob StrikerA Rebirth who proclaims himself Shun's rival, much to his annoyance. Seems to have a massive ego.
- Chain Pain: His main weapon of choice
- Red Baron: The Illusory Chain
- Talking Is a Free Action: Invokes this, as he actually manages to finish a long winded boast WITHOUT getting attacked.
- Variable-Length Chain: His Nightmare Chains are this.
ThomasA Rebirth, and Shun's former mentor, whom was like a surrogate father to him. Deceased prior to the beginning of the fic.
- Go Out with a Smile: Shun implies this, saying that Thomas died without regrets. May also double as Peaceful in Death
- The Mentor: Was this to Shun.
- Posthumous Character
Albert MitchellsA Priest, and a Veteran Rebirth. He seems to be decent friends with Neo, and tries to be understanding and accepting.
- Badass Preacher: He's a Priest, but also a veteran Rebirth. He's bound to be this
- Light 'em Up: His powers are Holy in nature due to being a Priest. May also double as Holy Hand Grenade
- Red Baron: Holy Paladin
Selena NewtonA Veteran Rebirth. She comes across as a cold and callous individual, and shows disdain towards Tsukasa Tanmatsu for some reason.
- Good Is Not Nice: As a Rebirth, she's technically on the side of good, but she certainly isn't nice.
- Gravity Master: Considering her title, this is likely her power.
- Ice Queen: So much so that even Umi doesn't like her and calls her this.
- Red Baron: Lady Gravity
MerlinA Wizard who currently resides in Radiant Garden. He is able to tell the future (to a certain extent), and is more than willing to help those in need.
- The Archmage: Duh
- Bag of Holding: Not seen, but it wouldn't be Merlin if he didn't have it.
- Cool Old Guy
- Robe and Wizard Hat
- Wizard Beard
- Wizard Classic
Yen SidAn elderly wizard, and retired Keyblade Master.
- Ancient Keeper: Especially considering that according to Word of God, this fic takes place a few decades after the end of the author's version of the future Kingdom Hearts III.
- The Archmage: Duh
- Cool Old Guy
- Old Master
- Retired Badass: As this is his Kingdom Hearts version, he is a retired Keyblade Master.
- Wizard Beard
Ansem The WiseThe leader of Radiant Garden, who uses his knowledge for the benefit of his people.
- Cool Old Guy
- Gadgeteer Genius: He invented the Uni T devices for the Rebirths
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: While not in the front lines, he is taking an active role in retaking Radiant Garden from Maleficent
- Took a Level in Kindness: Word of God states that over the years, his personality has reverted to how it was prior to Xehanort's hostile take over...albeit with a pinch of salt.