The plot has the royal family of Bunnyland, which are Princess Kodomo, her sister Kotomi, and the King Taro Kitashirakawa, kidnapped by a legion of monsters and you play as two bunny ships, Rabio (Red Rabbit) and Lepus (Green Rabbit) to save them. The game is split into three parts, the enemy's spaceship, the asteroid base, and their base on the surface of the planet.
This game contains examples of the following:
- Boss Rush: The second to last level has you face the bosses from levels 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7.
- Bowdlerise: This game got censored when it hit American shores. You only rescue the king, while the Princess and her sister aren't mentioned anywhere.
- Color-Coded Multiplayer: Player 1 is red and player 2 is green.
- Difficulty by Region: The American version is harder. Once you reach level 9, you restart from that level when you lose all of your lives.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: The dragon boss of level 9.
- Playboy Bunny: Kotomi. This is also probably why the game was censored for American audiences.