A restless young woman who just moved to her first apartment with her cat Gabriele. She's very bouncy and hyper, which can sometimes come across as insensitivity. Is best friends with Colin and Miko.
- Allergic to Routine: She cannot stand living a normal life and must do whatever she can to make things interesting.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Is completely unfazed at the knowledge of there being a magical world, and many of her interactions with Colin and Miko mark her as this.
- Deadpan Snarker: She has her moments of wit.
- The Determinator: She's quite unwilling to give up on saving Colin, even going into an entirely new world without so much as a flinch.
- Deuteragonist: Has slightly less screen time than Colin, but she's treated like the main character.
- Dumb Struck: She and Miko have this reaction at the news of Colin's kidnapping.
- Genki Girl: Very hyper and energetic around Colin and Miko.
- Hidden Depths: Has a surprisingly serious side and sense of loyalty, although it's rather well hidden underneath her quirky nature.
- It Amused Me: Her defining characteristic.
- Jumped at the Call: Gladly took up Toska's offer to go to his world.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Though she has much more depth than a stereotypical one.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Her and Colin.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Buys a creepy poster at a shady antique shop and thinks having hands extend from her back is cool until she finds out they're used for agriculture.
- Quirky Curls: Wavy, messy curls for this routine-hater. That she LOSES this whenever she uses the parasite's powers becomes her Red Right Hand.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: She acts this way with both Miko and Colin, although she's not dumb, just bored.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: It's heavily implied that the parasite is corrupting her into sociopathy. Best seen on these three pages. It's rather chilling.
- True Companions: With Colin and Miko.
A cautious young man who is thrown into magical and weird situations frequently, despite his desire to just be normal. Is best friends with Colin and Leona, despite Leona's constant teasing.
- Butt-Monkey: He seems to be this whenever he's onscreen.
- Bound and Gagged: When Sela and Toska kidnap him.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Tries to be this with Leona and occasionally Miko.
- Cowardly Sidekick: Although with the amount of screen time he's gotten, he's more of the protagonist.
- Crush Blush: This happens when Leona teases him about being her Knight in Shining Armor.
- Cry Cute: Multiple times in the comic.
- The Ditz: He can be quite clueless about certain things.
- Dude In Distress: Multiple times.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Gets progressively more girly looking as the comic goes on, and has a petite figure, according to Miko.
- Eaten Alive: Fishsticks eats him alive. Thankfully it's not permanent.
- Fed to the Beast: Sela feeds him to Fishsticks for having seen to much of their magical nature.
- Friendless Background: Before Miko and Leona came around, it's implied that he had this.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Both him and Miko.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Miko and Leona are his only friends, as everyone else resents him due to his family's wealth.
- Lovable Coward: While he's certainly less than heroic, his good traits make up for it.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: He's the feminine boy to Leona's masculine girl.
- Nervous Wreck: He's rarely seen peaceful or calm.
- Properly Paranoid: Is incredibly fearful of Sela and Toska when he meets them at the antique shop. His suspicion of them is soon confirmed.
- Protagonist: Has slightly more screen time than Leona and Miko.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The sensitive guy to Miko's manly man, although Miko is a Gentle Giant himself.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: He doesn't even know how to take the trash out!
- Spoiled Sweet: He has a lot of money, but he also has a heart of gold to go along with it.
- Tears of Fear: When Toska casually talks about cutting his tongue out while he's bound with a ribbon.
- There's No Place Like Home: One of his main goals is to get back home from the magical world.
- True Companions: With Miko and Leona.
- Undying Loyalty: Protects the lives of his friends to the best of his ability, despite Sela's threats. She feeds him to her pet Fishsticks.
- Unwitting Pawn: He's one to Sela, as him being alive in the magical world means that Sela will get more money when she sells him.
- Upper-Class Twit: What other people think about him (partially true; he is actually quite intelligent but doesn't know how to do simple everyday things like taking the trash out.)
A very nice, passive guy who likes to eat a lot. Is best friends with Leona and Colin.
- Beauty Mark: Is adorned with one next to his mouth and another one next to his eye.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He's been trained to fight, and therefore is able to take on Toska, who is a giant beast of a guy.
- Bi the Way: Or possibly pansexual... He mentions that he likes cute and petite people in general, which is one of the reasons for his crush on Colin.
- Cowardly Lion: While his fighting skills certainly aren't lacking, he's very reluctant to start a fight with anyone unless it's in dire circumstances.
- Cry Cute: When he finds out that Colin was kidnapped due to taking his advice.
- Deuteragonist: Along with Colin and Leona.
- Dumb Struck: He and Leona react this way at the news of Colin's kidnapping.
- Extreme Doormat: Word of God describes him as one, and he's very passive and flexible.
- Friend to All Living Things: He cares about everyone, human or not, and is distracted from fighting Toska to catch a bug so it doesn't get hurt.
- Gentle Giant: He's a bit larger than his friends, but very nice.
- The Heart: His kindness is one of the reasons Colin and Leona love him so much.
- Heroic BSoD: Suffers one when he finds out that Colin has been sent to the magical world and will most likely be sold into the black market and dissected.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: To a lesser extent than Colin, but still there.
- It's All My Fault: Has this reaction when he realizes that Colin was kidnapped because Miko had given him advice to woo Leona, and Colin ended up offering to take out the trash and return the creepy poster.
- Nice Guy: Probably the nicest guy in the comic.
- Nonhumans Lack Attributes: After he's turned into a werewolf, he learns his pants aren't magic and stays in his wolf form until he finds some suitable clothing.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Is turned into a werewolf to save his life. He's less than pleased but adjusts.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The manly man to Colin's sensitive guy.
- Supreme Chef: Colin and Leona love the food he makes and have him cook for them whenever they hang out. Miko, of course, doesn't mind.
- Team Mom: Of the trio, he is this.
- True Companions: With Colin and Leona.
- Unrequited Love: Harbors a crush on Colin, who is too busy pining over Leona.
- Weak, but Skilled: While Miko certainly isn't weak by any stretch of the imagination, Toska is a Horned Humanoid who towers over most monsters. It's Miko's training and knowledge of how to fight that saves his life.
A hostile, cruel woman who works at an antique shop with Toska. Usually doesn't show emotion, but she can slip up from time to time.
- Ambiguously Human: she looks like a young, fit human woman but she doesn't seem to age and she must have something going on if she's managed to survive in the magical world for as long as she has(as monsters either hate humans, eat them, or both).
- Art Evolution: Her character design changes drastically throughout the comic. Compare this to this.
- Can't Kill You, Still Need You: Her reasons for keeping Colin alive instead of just murdering him. Why does she need him alive? Magical creatures pay more for live humans so that they can dissect them.
- Cuteness Proximity: Whenever Fishsticks is around. Also when talking to the werewolves helping her retrieve Colin, although she hides that until they're gone.
- Dark Action Girl: She's strong, intimidating, and always willing to fight.
- Evil Duo: Makes up one with Toska.
- Evil Plan: The comic is hinting that she has one of these...
- Have You Told Anyone Else?: Asks Colin if anyone else has seen the poster that Leona bought. He admits that two others have (Miko and Leona), but he refuses to give up their location.
- He Knows Too Much: Her reaction to Colin finding out that Fishsticks isn't a dog, but actually a walking shark, and that he possessess a magical poster.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: We have no idea as to why she needs extra cash, or really anything about her other than the fact that she's a smuggler.
- Jerkass: Appears as one most of the time.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Although that heart of gold is very well hidden.
- Loyal Animal Companion: Has one in Fishsticks, her dog/ walking shark. Also in Toska, although he's more humanoid than full on animal.
- Ms. Fanservice: Later on in the comic she starts showing off a bit of skin.
- The Stoic: Is cold and bitter to everyone 90% of the time.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Major emphasis on the ice. The only times she really shows her sweet side is when she's talking to Fishsticks.
A giant, simple-minded troll who, while rather menacing at times, just wants to have friends. He frightens humans a lot, but he genuinely doesn't mean to.
- Big Little Brother: Although they haven't been shown together yet, it's obvious that Toska towers over most people, while Tahvo is shorter than average.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Due to him being from another world, his version of good and bad doesn't necessarily fit in with ours.
- The Brute: His unfettered strength is his biggest asset to him. Unfortunately (or, rather, fortunately for the good guys), it doesn't beat Miko's skill and speed.
- Cloudcuckoolander: He's rather odd, and not just because he's a humanoid creature.
- Didn't Think This Through: During his attempt to kill Miko and Leona, he didn't consider that Miko might have some fighting skills of his own.
- The Ditz: Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
- Dumb Muscle: He doesn't have much to offer other than his inhuman strength.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish sibling.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: He gets incredibly sad when Colin rejects his offer of friendship, and it seems that his only regular interactions are with Sela, who is less than kind to him.
- Just Following Orders: When Sela tells him to find Leona and Miko and kill them.
- Kind Hearted Simpleton: Manages to be a nice guy when he's not eating people or trying to murder them.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Even directly after Miko asks for a bit.
The receptionist of the Rehoming Center for the Accidentally Immigrated, he is lazy and likes to cut corners. He's a troll, and also the older brother of Toska. Shares a close bond with Sela, seeing her as sort of a mother figure, to her annoyance.
- Big Brother Bully: Shows traces of this in the way he speaks about Toska.
- Cowardly Sidekick: He isn't exactly a brave guy.
- The Drag-Along: Does not want to go with Sela on her mission to retrieve Colin, but she forces him to anyway.
- Deadpan Snarker: He's this most of the time, although he can get quite dorky.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible sibling.
- Lazy Bum: Likes to slack off on his job playing video games or whatnot. Also suggests that Sela should just kill Colin and sell his body after that, but Sela dismisses the idea, saying she wants him alive.
A cheerful, energetic girl who is also a werewolf and can transform at will. She stays at the Rehoming Center for the Accidentally Immigrated along with Colin and takes a liking to him, volunteering to help bring Colin back after he gets kidnapped and inviting all of her werewolf friends to help out.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She can be a bit hard to follow at times, but she's a nice girl.
- Cursed with Awesome: She was originally human, but after jokingly putting on a werewolf pelt that one of her friends brought at a party, she was changed into a werewolf. She has come to see it's perks, though.
- Genki Girl: Definitely one of these.
- Pungeon Master: Loves to make puns relating to dogs or werewolves.
- Shapeshifter Mode Lock: During a full moon, she changes into a werewolf and loses control of herself.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: She can transform at will, unless there's a full moon, in which case she loses control of her body.
A college student with a wonderful vocal range and scholarship, he and his partner Untamo attemptted to kidnap Colin as part of a plan to help him regain his voice, as he lost it due to being given a faulty flower seed that sprouted in his brain. Very cheerful and outgoing before he lost his voice.
- The Ace: Everyone loved him and he had a vocal scholarship.
- Body Horror: He has a flower growing in his eye.
- Break the Cutie: When he lost his voice.
- Crush Blush: Whenever he's around Untamo.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Dons these after his surgery.
- Eye Scream: The entire sequence of him having a flower seed planted in his eyeball.
- Genius Bruiser
- The Stoic: Becomes this after his eye surgery and subsequent voice loss.
The more introverted, brainy one out of them and Tapio, Untamo is agender and goes by they/them pronouns. Tapio ends up losing his voice to help Untamo out with their financial troubles, as they were dealing with student loans.